Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: Bliss, Brunches, and Brawls...Oh My!

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, MyTwoCents said:

She wants an all-expenses paid vaca in Puerto Rico!! 🏖

but how could she even want to do that since she feels so let down by the experts? i would rather stay home than be somewhere with no friends and cameras following me around

• Love 8
11 hours ago, TheBride said:

I think the families and "friends" said way too much and instigated problems before these couples got started.

I found it very weird and not necessary for the friends and families to speak agains the brides and grooms.  If they have nothing nice to say, say nothing.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

In fairness, most (all?) jockeys are men, although if Alyssa were matched with one she’d probably say he was too short. And I don’t know about Boston but in Philly there’s an active riding club that includes men of all ages. And not all girls outgrow riding - I follow Soledad O’Brien on social and she’s an avid rider.

Now, all her shit about them being incompatible (she barely asked him any questions about himself, she doesn’t know if they’re compatible) is a cover for her thinking he’s unattractive, and you’re right - they could each spend a part of the weekend on their respective hobbies. She saw him, thought he was ugly, and was out - and it would have been much kinder if she’d gotten to the altar and said “I’m sorry, but no” and not gone through with the wedding. (I wonder if that’s ever happened?)

Yes, and why go on the honeymoon if she won’t even bother with him?  She could have been straight with him and said “ let’s have a good time with the others” and be civil to each other and enjoy Puerto Rico, even tho we are not working out.  “Let’s just be friends for this duration “.  To go to Puerto and not even talk or walk with him is putting pressure on the others, and it’s not fair.  She is actually ruining the others time by being a bitch.  Go home!

• Love 22

After watching the show and the after-show (a must watch this week! —good job Keisha!), my take on the airplane fight we didn’t get to see is that Lindsey was in her larger than life mode, which she does when she needs attention (most of the time) or is under stress. She was loud, possibly drinking, and verbally poking, prodding and annoying everyone around her with her obnoxious behavior on the plane. She pushed Olijawon too far with her repeated rudeness (which she probably thought was entertaining) and he couldn’t take it anymore and told her off, sending Lindsey into combative mode (she supposedly -according to the after show- tried to get him to fight her at the airport), which understandably brought Katina into things, escalating it even further.

Lindsey, who can dish out a lot, seems like she actually can’t take very much back, and went into melt down, leaving poor Mark to clean up her mess. (He was really impressive.) And probably not for the last time… poor Mark. The shark looks shellshocked whenever she is discussed on the aftershow. 

So far my takeaway from the show is that Chris and Mark are going to have a fair number of women interested in them after this. (And Chris is going to get a some new real estate clients).

Alyssa could have tried to begin redeeming her behavior on the aftershow, but she made things worse. 

During the casting show, I loathed Olijuwan and thought his relationship would inevitably be a complete disaster. But now that I’ve seen more of him, and judging by their behavior on the aftershow, he and Katina seem to still really like each other, so I’m curious to see how their relationship develops. So far they seem to not only be attracted to each other, but also to both be trying to focus on the positives and not dwell on negatives in each other. 

Someone above said that Jasmina seems to be repeatedly looking to find faults with Michael. It does seem like that. It’s ironic in that she’s complaining that he’s too negative. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, Yeah No said:

She's been there several times and speaks Spanish, so I doubt that's the problem.  She's just uncouth and trying to look cool when she's really socially awkward.  And obviously it often backfires on her.  I've known people like her.  She has a bad habit of opening her mouth and inserting her foot.

But she could still think it's a "foreign" country and not be aware that some people speak English there.

And I'd still call her a Karen because if a white man had confronted her, I don't think she would have felt "threatened."  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Cramps said:

After watching the show and the after-show (a must watch this week! —good job Keisha!), my take on the airplane fight we didn’t get to see is that Lindsey was in her larger than life mode, which she does when she needs attention (most of the time) or is under stress. She was loud, possibly drinking, and verbally poking, prodding and annoying everyone around her with her obnoxious behavior on the plane. She pushed Olijawon too far with her repeated rudeness (which she probably thought was entertaining) and he couldn’t take it anymore and told her off, sending Lindsey into combative mode (she supposedly -according to the after show- tried to get him to fight her at the airport), which understandably brought Katina into things, escalating it even further.

I am in complete agreement with your assessment.  I think Lindsey is often under stress in social situations which is why she starts with the drinking and obnoxious behavior.  She probably wants desperately to be noticed and liked but is locked into a pattern of self sabotage where she interjects herself inappropriately and only ends up annoying and pissing off everyone around her.  Then when they react negatively she gets nasty with them.  That's bad.  Poor Mark, he deserves better than this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Katie111 said:

I was confused about the fight between Michaela bd Jasmina.  Seems they were having a “conflict” about “conflict”.  Like they were fighting about fighting.   Seems like she just wanted to fight with him. I almost feel like she has started to check out at this point.   I think hearing how much he works really disappointed her. 

I interpreted it the other way - that HE wanted to "fight" or discuss it and she didn't want to go there because she saw no need to focus on the negative. She started to check out when her family told her that he always sees the worst in any situation. I understand being a "realist" and yes, you should be able to have a discussion without it turning into a fight, but he told the experts he wanted a challenge who would have those discussions with him and Jasmina does not want to have preemptive discussions before anything has even happened. For me, it seemed that the combination of his work hours, and the sisters telling her more than she needed to know is what will kill this one. He does NOT seem like anyone who will or even knows how to compromise. As others have said, how could he expect to build a serious relationship if he is never home. why was he selected? Oh yeah - drama.

As for the rest of the show - I do NOT LIKE Olajuwon at all. Period. He is way too immature and looking to fight anyone. When he came out and said if someone doesn't like him, he is done. I have a feeling that Katina can be quick to be mad and I don't think she will let it go. That said, although she is acting like she likes her husband, she will tire of his chest beating and announcing how he has given up his old ways. She even said that although he is saying that, you can't just turn it off in a day. She will not take his attitude of her being "HIS" and cooking for him, etc. I say no to them.

I don't know why the show is giving Alyssa a free vacation. She is horrible. What part of getting married at first sight gives you the impression that you don't have to share a room? No one said they have to sleep in the same bed, but to not even want to spend time with him - without the cameras - is ridiculous. I hope they send her home and sue her for breach of contract. I felt so  bad for Chris - he really wanted it to work. And, yes, he did get gypped - he wanted a woman who wanted to be married. So now what? They each have to be the third wheel with one of the other couples who are there on their honeymoons, trying to get to know the people they were matched with? (BTW - I assume ACE is Alyssa, but what does it mean?)

I totally understand why Noi is a little concerned to have been matched with someone who really hasn't decided if he wants to work. NO ONE wants to work, but we do because we are responsible adults. And, she really does need to stop saying , "cute" about everything. And if he does get a job, I am sure she will always be wondering how long he will keep it. When they are together, they seem fine, but these are important things to know. And, yes, she does want kids so she is making sure they can responsibly afford them and plan for that. Good for her. Sorry, Steve - if you want a wife, you need to be a grown up.

I really was impressed with MTS, and he did a nice job with handling Lindsey. I guess they will be having their honeymoon mostly on their own, which should be fine since that's how it is supposed to be! The other women don't like Lindsey and Mark will feel obligated to always take her side, which will get old. I did like how he was honest with her and told her that she had to bring her behavior down and then went to apologize for her to the group. He shouldn't have to be in that position. I guess he will be the adult in the room. But, whose cats is Lyndsey giving away, and I do agree that 5 cats is way too many. Maybe since they have spouses now, they won't need their cats? Another great pet match, producers.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

But she could still think it's a "foreign" country and not be aware that some people speak English there.

And I'd still call her a Karen because if a white man had confronted her, I don't think she would have felt "threatened."  

I kind of doubt that Lindsey could have gone there that many times and not know that people do speak English in PR.  Plus I won't judge her on her reaction to Olajuwon without the evidence to show how he confronted her.  I personally resist seeing racial implications in situations without seeing for myself how they went down.  I won't base it on second hand information.  Also, I think if Olajuwon came at me in a certain way I might feel threatened too, and believe me, with his muscles and presence it would have absolutely NOTHING to do with his race.  I would feel that way if a white man did it too.  I'm not going to make assumptions about Lindsey and racism without more evidence.  She is messed up enough as it is without pinning that on her too.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I kind of doubt that Lindsey could have gone there that many times and not know that people do speak English in PR.  Plus I won't judge her on her reaction to Olajuwon without the evidence to show how he confronted her.  I personally resist seeing racial implications in situations without seeing for myself how they went down.  I won't base it on second hand information.  Also, I think if Olajuwon came at me in a certain way I might feel threatened too, and believe me, with his muscles and presence it would have absolutely NOTHING to do with his race.  I would feel that way if a white man did it too.  I'm not going to make assumptions about Lindsey and racism without more evidence.  She is messed up enough as it is without pinning that on her too.

Thank you for saying this. Big muscly men can be intimidating when they "puff up" their chest at you and speak in an aggressive manner, no matter what race. 

• Love 11
13 hours ago, TheBride said:

I think the families and "friends" said way too much and instigated problems before these couples got started.

The producers take what is said out of context and also go for the drama.  It is all edited to by them.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Does she have siblings?  She seems like a spoiled brat only child that got her way all the time and stomped her feet.  She hates his teeth.  She expected a guy who was tall, fit, with movie star looks.  She’s rude, and walks away when she hears something she doesn’t like.  Instead of acting like a pain in the ass, she should go home.  She’s not all that either.

Does Alyssa own a mirror??? She seems to be judging Chris wholly on his appearance yet she’s one of the most off putting women I’ve ever seen. She has no chin and Turkey gobbler neck, a bad nose job, ridiculous fake lips, and eye lashes that look like they weigh 10 pounds each. My friend said she looked like a chihuahua and now that’s all I see when I view her on tv. She has no clue that with her attitude and personality she’s a much less attractive person then the man she married. I don’t get where her incredibly shallow attitude is coming from. She truly must be delusional to think she’s as hot as she is and that Chris is below her. Such a disgusting person. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 15

So Mark has only known his wife for a couple of days and already he's had to diffuse a situation because of her pie hole.  

Mark:  If you keep her as your wife, this will be your life.   

31 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I kind of doubt that Lindsey could have gone there that many times and not know that people do speak English in PR. 

If true that she knew that people speak English there, then why did she bring it up in the first place?  It was unnecessary.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

If true that she knew that people speak English there, then why did she bring it up in the first place?  It was unnecessary.

I really don't know, and nobody asked her to explain it.  I suspect it was probably a combination of social cluelessness combined with alcohol making her act like a know it all telling people what they should do there just because she's been to PR so many times and the others never have. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

and it would have been much kinder if she’d gotten to the altar and said “I’m sorry, but no” and not gone through with the wedding. (I wonder if that’s ever happened?)

Can they actually do that? I'd have thought that the contract they sign is iron clad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I just watched the After Party.  Olajuwon said Lindsey walked up to him their first time meeting and told him he looks very fly but his slippers look cheap.  He said he ignored it. Both Alyssa and Mark nodded in agreement with his statement.  On the plane she was sitting behind him and kept provoking him. He ignored her initially but eventually couldn't take it anymore. The flight attendant asked her several times to stop yelling. Alyssa also said she was asked to keep her mask on. 

Olajuwon said when they were exiting the plane,  he was carrying both his and Katina's luggage. That's when Lindsey said she wanted to fight Olajuwon. Katina then got involved asking her "who the hell is she talking to about wanting to fight." 

Mark said Olajuwon gave Lindsey several opportunities to stop provoking him, before he finally lost his patience with her. He said he told her if this is how she behaves, their marriage will not last.

Alyssa commended Olajuwon on how he handled the situation. She stated that Lindsey is the type of person who if you ignore her long enough she'll stop. However not everyone has that type of patience and they were on a plane so no one could get away from her. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 10

Thank you for the update, Spunky. Sounds like Lindsey was creating the issue, and Olajuwon lost his cool with her.  I hope she learns from Mark how to tame that side of herself, because she seems to want to be married to him, and no matter how cute you are, that kind of behavior gets old real fast. 

Without video of the "fight" it is difficult to judge exactly, but if Mark and Olajuwon seem okay, then maybe it was totally on Lindsey.  It does seem, though, that Olajuwon can run "hot" himself, re: his meeting with Katina's "family."  Hope we're not going to get a full season of fights between Lindsey and the rest of the cast. Ugh. 

• Love 3

I am growing to strongly dislike Olajuwon. 

He rocked the Afterparty show though. After ACE stormed off, he just laid it out, "she's not attracted to him and she latched onto what his friends said to give her an out."

Yup.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

Alyssa really has a lot of "demands" in the looks department for a mate.  It's as if she expected a Kennedy or someone with the name "Wellington .......III" to be awaiting her  at the alter.
Of course, this is despite the fact that she's got a double chin. A very oily complexion.  Thin legs with knees that are almost knobby.  But she does indeed bring the snobby attitude.
Maybe this wasn't the reality show for her.

Edited by Sycophant4Lease
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Can they actually do that? I'd have thought that the contract they sign is iron clad.

No idea. I maintain that the contracts are about filming, not marriage (you can’t force someone to get or stay married), so it might just be that if you don’t go through with it, you don’t get to film & thus lose out on whatever they pay you for the show (which I suspect isn’t that much). I’d be very curious to know if this has happened, or if someone was like “you know what, I don’t actually want to marry a stranger” before the wedding day. I’ve read that they initially didn’t tell people that the show involved marriage and when they eventually told them, people (mostly men) dropped out.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, spunky said:

I just watched the After Party.  Olajuwon said Lindsey walked up to him their first time meeting and told him he looks very fly but his slippers look cheap.  He said he ignored it. Both Alyssa and Mark nodded in agreement with his statement. 

Lindsey's social cluelessness with Olajuwon reminds me of Sheldon Cooper in "Big Bang Theory" when he routinely insults Ms. David, the HR rep. in a misguided attempt to appeal to her African American culture.

• LOL 4
56 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Thank you for the update, Spunky. Sounds like Lindsey was creating the issue, and Olajuwon lost his cool with her.  I hope she learns from Mark how to tame that side of herself, because she seems to want to be married to him, and no matter how cute you are, that kind of behavior gets old real fast. 

Without video of the "fight" it is difficult to judge exactly, but if Mark and Olajuwon seem okay, then maybe it was totally on Lindsey.  It does seem, though, that Olajuwon can run "hot" himself, re: his meeting with Katina's "family."  Hope we're not going to get a full season of fights between Lindsey and the rest of the cast. Ugh. 

You're welcome.  I'm not a fan of Olajuwon, but I dealt with a Lindsey before and they can test your patience. Poor Mark looked like he had one foot out the door during the After Party.  Olajuwon called Alyssa on her bs but was upset when Katina's friend called him on his. 

Edited by spunky
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Lindsey's social cluelessness with Olajuwon reminds me of Sheldon Cooper in "Big Bang Theory" when he routinely insults Ms. David, the HR rep. in a misguided attempt to appeal to her African American culture.

At least Sheldon was adorable in a nerdy way. Lindsey is just a hot mess.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Rightside said:

So what exactly did Chris say or do that Alyssa won't give him the time of day?

That still isn't clear for me!

I think, first and foremost, was that he didn't have the teeth she desired. They quoted her (twice, if I recall) saying "If he has a snaggle tooth I'm out!"- and then during the ceremony the camera zoomed in on his teeth. Which I thought was awful.

Then his friends (if you can call them that) described him as condescending, and that he "wants to teach you something" when he gets like that. And she was off and running. I was shocked when she ranted about how none of their goals, hobbies, interests, etc were the same. How could she know? They spent all of 3 minutes together.

I am a little confused about the "plane fight" and the whole insistence by Lindsey to speak Spanish in Puerto Rico. Seemed like two different stories. I find it hard to believe that O would really puff his chest up and act like he was going to physically fight her- and her "I didn't feel safe" comment to me was eyeroll-worthy. 

Steve: "we'll have to have a discussion about if- or when- I decide to get a full-time job." Uhh, you just got married and have a responsibility to your new wife and to contribute to your expenses. It's not an option to be able to help with bills and expenses. 

• Love 13

Alyssa sure is a bitter pill.  I have to wonder what kind of animal rescue she does.  I do rescue and have for many years.  You have to be pretty darned open minded for that sort of thing.  When you first see a toothless, skinny, mange-infested, flea-ridden bald critter you can't just say "nope, not attractive".  I wonder about her a lot.  Not to mention she looks like Lindsay Lohan after the bad face job.  To be that self absorbed and shallow at that age to be getting "dental work" done...   I do hope Chris will find a kind mate after this, he seems like a decent fellow.  

Also...  where the heck are the "experts" ?  They should have swooped in stat to try to help out - or at least do something for poor Chris.

Edited by Stella Rose
forgot a thought
  • LOL 1
  • Love 18
17 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Thanks for nothing, Dad of Steve. "Steve's a vagabond." STHU!

Omg, these families! I hate the morning after family brunch convo's and the wedding reception convo's. So what can you tell me about my new husband that I just met 5 minutes ago? Is there anything I should know?   

Well. She's bossy. He can be is condescending, He is a vagabond. She puts up walls. He has always been a player. Let these people find out for themselves what they are in for because all the families threw up red flags about ALL of them. 

Regarding our lovely experts. Who on this planet would think a 38 year old unemployed vagabond who never keeps a job for very long is a great candidate for marriage and children? Because he said so? 

Alyssa is a nasty piece of work but.....she specifically said before the wedding that teeth were a big thing for her. The guy has to have good teeth. So who do they match with her? Snaggletooth Chris! As soon as she saw the teeth it was all downhill. Then his awful friends throwing him under the bus at the reception didn't help. She had her excuses pretty much handed to her. 

Lindsey has a whole lotta baggage. He husband is going to grow tired of constantly having to be her "protector". She is going to be exhausting. 

Once again, great job experts!

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

Steve: "we'll have to have a discussion about if- or when- I decide to get a full-time job." Uhh, you just got married and have a responsibility to your new wife and to contribute to your expenses. It's not an option to be able to help with bills and expenses. 

The only things that might save him there are if he has savings he can coast on for a while (he likely made a high salary and since he was laid off he probably got severance) and if he’s considering consulting, which is common in the tech space. He could do project-based work where he works on a specific thing for three months, six months, etc. and then has breaks. Tech consulting is lucrative. It’s something they’d have to discuss because it would put the benefits burden on Noi, and would also require budgeting for the time he has between projects.

It kind of sounds like he doesn’t want a full-time tech job again, and I get it - those are demanding and there’s more to life than work. But he’s not saying he wants to work part-time or consult or whatever - he’s not saying much of anything about how he intends to earn money, and that won’t fly.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

She’s rude, and walks away when she hears something she doesn’t like.

I just watched the "afterparty" and - surprise! - when confronted, Alyssa dabbed her eyes and walked off the set. I love the new (NOT Jamie O) host- she drilled right down and said, "hey, if you want things kept secret and don't want to be honest, why are you on the show?" ACE couldn't handle that and stomped off.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16

Regarding Steve and his willingness to be a contractor, rather than work full time for a corporation, I have numerous friends and acquaintances who also prefer contracting to being employed with one company. It's lucrative and gives them the flexibility they want. The downside, of course, is benefits, but even some contracts provide health insurance and bonuses. 

Not sure what his father meant by "he's a vagabond."  He might think that if you're not permanent full-time with a company, then you're not really working. That's a pretty old-fashioned way of thinking these days. 

• Love 7

I wonder whether Lindsey is like this because her mother abandoned her…or her mother realized she needed to set boundaries in their relationship because Lindsey is like this? I’m not a psychiatrist, but surely there’s some type of diagnosable personality disorder at play here, right? Lindsey is in dire need of therapy and mood-stabilizing medication. Mark the Shark is a saint for putting up with her already—2 to 3 days in! He handled things well with both her and Olajuwon, but if he doesn’t set some boundaries with her, this is going to become a full-time role smoothing over her outbursts—and this poor guy has enough caretaking duties on his plate! (And not every insulted third-party is going to be receptive to an apology from the husband—and might take it out on him.) Lindsey already loves him!! I can see a glimmer of hope only if MTS pushes her to get some therapy, perhaps with the help of the experts, and she might agree to that because she sees him as supportive and really seems committed to this marriage already. But if a casual viewer is picking up on emotional imbalances that somehow licensed professionals missed during the lengthy vetting process, then perhaps there’s not much hope there of getting actual therapeutic support. (I haven’t watched this show in years to know how involved or helpful the therapists are during this process.)

Edited by JenE4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I just watched the "afterparty" and - surprise! - when confronted, Alyssa dabbed her eyes and walked off the set. I love the new (NOT Jamie O) host- she drilled right down and said, "hey, if you want things kept secret and don't want to be honest, why are you on the show?" ACE couldn't handle that and stomped off.

Exactly.  On the main episode, Alyssa wouldn’t talk to him unless it wasn’t filmed.  And she made a big deal about how he called her a liar on film gasp!!!!!

She is just plain awful.  She won’t even try. She acts like he’s contagious with some awful thing.   And how does she know they aren’t compatible?   Ugh.  No wonder she is single.  

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Not sure what his father meant by "he's a vagabond." 

I think that was in reference to his need to travel around to find himself and whatever else he referred to. I guess I was not impressed that he used his unemployment and stimulus money to do that instead of finding a job or saving his money. I am not sure how long this was before or after he was told he was selected to be on this show. I can't understand why the producers (I am not even going to play that the experts have anything to do with the selection of participants) would select anyone who is unemployed and present him as a suitable new husband.

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 6
29 minutes ago, Stella Rose said:

To be that self absorbed and shallow at that age to be getting "dental work" done...

Did I miss something? Alyssa had dental work done?

14 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:
17 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Omg, these families! I hate the morning after family brunch convo's and the wedding reception convo's. So what can you tell me about my new husband that I just met 5 minutes ago? Is there anything I should know?  

Someone (maybe Noi?) made the comment to Steve's family: ""we're in such a good place right now!" Umm, how can you say that after 28 hours of knowing the guy? Or say "he's so perfect!!!"  Conversely, Alyssa saying "I expected to get someone who was perfect for me and I didn't get it" just sounds stupid and shallow. These people aren't middle-schoolers; they do realize it takes time to really get to know someone, right?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Retired at last said:

I think that was in reference to his need to travel around to find himself and whatever else he referred to. I guess I was not impressed that he used his unemployment and stimulus money to do that instead of finding a job or saving his money. I am not sure how long this was before or after he was told he was selected to be on this show. I can't understand why the producers (I am not even going to play that the experts have anything to do with the selection participants) would select anyone who is unemployed and present him as a suitable new husband.

He's currently unemployed, but I don't think that means he's unemployable. If he's in Tech at all, he'll be just fine. 

• Love 6

I’ve never worn false eyelashes of any kind, but is it common that they cause the rapid, double blinking Alyssa does? I can’t stop watching when she does that, which is a lot - at the alter, when “talking” with Chris, on Afterparty, in her talking heads. I realize it’s probably a nervous/anxiety response in addition to maybe the weight of the falsies, but wow it’s an unattractive distraction.

Edited by Cancun
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Cramps said:

Lindsey, who can dish out a lot, seems like she actually can’t take very much back, and went into melt down, leaving poor Mark to clean up her mess. (He was really impressive.) And probably not for the last time… poor Mark. The shark looks shellshocked whenever she is discussed on the aftershow. 

So far my takeaway from the show is that Chris and Mark are going to have a fair number of women interested in them after this. (And Chris is going to get a some new real estate clients).

Alyssa could have tried to begin redeeming her behavior on the aftershow, but she made things worse. 

During the casting show, I loathed Olijuwan and thought his relationship would inevitably be a complete disaster. But now that I’ve seen more of him, and judging by their behavior on the aftershow, he and Katina seem to still really like each other, so I’m curious to see how their relationship develops. So far they seem to not only be attracted to each other, but also to both be trying to focus on the positives and not dwell on negatives in each other. 

Someone above said that Jasmina seems to be repeatedly looking to find faults with Michael. It does seem like that. It’s ironic in that she’s complaining that he’s too negative. 

I totally agree with everything you said. One minute I am loving Lindsey for her easy rapport with Mark ("Enjoy your Matcha") and the lovely interaction with his family and friends, the next I am side eyeing her version of what happened on that plane. Very messy.

And I am sorry, but after Olaj tried to start a fight with Katina's friend because he didn't like him questioning his motives, I don't absolve him either. He already showed he is more than willing to start something when there is conflict. He is very immature to me. He seems surprised that Katina's "doors are closed" after two days. Give me a break, He seems to think "I am saying all the right things but you are not being vulnerable. Don't you hear me saying I have changed and I am here for the right reasons???" Well, slow your roll dude, she's probably heard it a million times before which is why she's not all in after two days. You better earn that with your behavior. Talk is cheap. But I still kind of love him for not giving a shit and laying out the truth on the after show about Alyssa. He summed it up perfectly.

MTS is fantastic. I absolutely love him. Imagine that - an actual grown up! He was awesome diffusing the situation with the group. He will make someone a wonderful husband someday. But not this woman. Points to Lindsey for recognizing how great his is, but I fear she is going to ruin it with her unhinged ways. He already has his hands full with a mother with mental health issues, he doesn't need a wife with issues too......

Not much left to say about Alyssa that hasn't been said already. She is awful. She did gaslight Chris. He can't win - she's pissed when he's nice and she's pissed when he calls her on her bullshit. She can get gone. He got screwed, but not by his wife......fuck you MAFS for doing this to a perfectly nice guy whose only fault seems to be wonky teeth. She was very easy breezy about walking away pre-wedding if her groom wasn't what she wanted, but I think she underestimated how difficult this would be on camera with a real human being. And now we are seeing what she really is.  And maybe it's mean, but looking at her mama, he escaped a bad fate because based on genetics she is not going to age well.

What the hell was that argument between Michael and Jasmina? They had a conflict over whether there would be more conflict? Oh brother.......zzzzz

I feel like the situation with Steve's lack of job is farce created by the show to create conflict. Or maybe I'm lying to myself because they are the only ones I see lasting past decision day.

• Love 15
23 minutes ago, cardigirl said:

Not sure what his father meant by "he's a vagabond."  He might think that if you're not permanent full-time with a company, then you're not really working. That's a pretty old-fashioned way of thinking these days. 

This is a good point.  My parents are of a similar mindset, that everyone should work non-stop to retirement.  My guess is that Steve is fine financially.  Probably had 6 months in savings, got 4-6 months salary buyout from the layoff, and then collected unemployment.  That said, if you are going to have kids there can be medical risks / concerns and private insurance is expensive so at least one of them should have good benefits.  Noi said she wants 3 kids and if she does 6 months maternity with each one that is 18 mo off of her career to consider.  Maybe they should skip the kids and get a free cat from Lindsay ;)

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Just rewatched the balcony scene.  Alyssa goes on about how they aren’t compatible in core values, lifestyle, hobbies, etc etc etc (I mean, have they even talked about it?).  She asks him if he believes she’s put in effort, he says no.   She flips out and says he’s calling her a liar on tv. 
Cut to the sofa scene.  She says she asked him if he believes that she doesn’t feel safe sleeping in the same room and she said that’s why he called her a liar. 
NO, YOU GASLIGHTING PSYCHO, it was about your lack of effort.  Ugh!!! 

• Love 17
27 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

These people aren't middle-schoolers; they do realize it takes time to really get to know someone, right?

Right, and the fact that they agree to let someone else do the choosing for them since they have to admit that when left to choosing their own partners, none of them have been successful! So, ending up with someone exactly like they have already failed with would be pointless, so take a chance and see what could happen if you expanded your horizons a little. This was never going to be "find me my mate according to the fantasy list I had as a child," although many treat it that way (I got what I asked for or I didn't get what I asked for. It's not Santa and your Christmas list)!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I think Alyssa is upset now because Chris is handling the rejection well.  He isn't on his hands and knees groveling and begging her to accept him.  

I had hopes for Jasmina and Michael, but now I get the feeling that she thinks she's out of his league.  I do think he'd look much better without the beard.  

• Love 12

If this were real life instead of a fake, scripted reality show Alyssa would never give Chris the time of day. I'm not in her camp or making excuses for her. I'm just saying she doesn't find him physically attractive. That's her right. She doesn't want anything to do with him and it's not because they don't have the same interests or the same values. She doesn't like his teeth, his physique, his face, his voice. I could go on and on. Because of the show's premise we'll be subjected to them going back and forth for the next eight weeks as they try to figure it out. There's nothing to figure out.

Lindsey is not popular with the rest of the cast. She's too loud, brassy, pushy, and egocentric.

Steve and Noi seem like a good fit. I think the job situation will get solved and they'll head off into the sunset together. However, knowing the track record of couples on MAFS they'll most likely say yes on decision day and then make a joint announcement that they have decided to "part ways amicably" in six months.

• Love 4

OMG, Alyssa! First of all, "gypped" is a racial slur. So there's that. Second, she WAS gaslighting him. "There's been nothing but problems..." Girl, it's been about five minutes. Don't act like he's the issue. It's 100% you, at least own that. There's nothing he could do to turn this around. Although IMO, if he started negging her, she might respect him a little more.

Lindsey has real problems. She's desperate, DESPERATE for love and attention.  I guess it's from being rejected by mom, but man.  Get therapy and probably meds.  She's so fragile that a minimal amount of kindness from MTS makes her fall in love, and then some nonsense misunderstanding makes her try to physically fight a man at the airport.  I did enjoy MTS's diplomacy, the man should be an ambassador or something.  I mean, it won't work ultimately but damn good try.

Again with Steve and the unemployment. Like others I suspect this will be their "issue" for the season.

I still really like Katina, but I can't stand Olaj.  I hate the way he talks over her, doesn't listen or acknowledge what she is saying and keeps talking about what a goddamn player he was. We get it! You fucked a lot of women! Congrats dude.  She does hold firm for the most part though, and I like that about her. She's attracted to him, but I think she's too good for him and his shit will wear thin fairly quickly.

I was surprised about Mike and Jasmina's argument.  They both dug in really quickly.  They're gonna have to let the walls down.  I do love how Jasmina was having no part of the Lindsey drama. I would feel the same.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Airy2021 said:

Does Alyssa own a mirror??? She seems to be judging Chris wholly on his appearance yet she’s one of the most off putting women I’ve ever seen. She has no chin and Turkey gobbler neck, a bad nose job, ridiculous fake lips, and eye lashes that look like they weigh 10 pounds each. My friend said she looked like a chihuahua and now that’s all I see when I view her on tv. She has no clue that with her attitude and personality she’s a much less attractive person then the man she married. I don’t get where her incredibly shallow attitude is coming from. She truly must be delusional to think she’s as hot as she is and that Chris is below her. Such a disgusting person. 

Could not agree more, and her off-putting personality amplifies all you're saying here. Mind-boggling, how she evidently gets a pass on each and every one of her physical flaws (which are all fixable, BTW), but no one else gets even one pass. Not sure if her personality is fixable.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Whoa, next week looks worse than this week. Looks like nobody is getting along. I’m guessing this season ends like last season, 5/5 fail. 

And I am here for it!  Oh, oops, I mean-ohhhh, that's too bad because the experts are really trying...

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

I think Lindsey likes to start things for the drama/attention/laughs, whatever, and doesn't realize that she pushes too far. Olajuwon seems like the type to take offence and turn general observations into personal attacks. MTS and Katina are both going to have their hands full.

Alyssa is awful. Purely awful. She doesn't like Chris's looks, but she knows it's shallow to say that, so it's all about how they're not compatible, he's a workaholic, their lifestyles don't match. She's obviously not willing to give it the slightest chance. And she is definitely gaslighting him. Witch. Just suck it up for the duration and try to have some fun, instead of immediately showing your disgust and inability to adapt. Her mom seems so sweet and hopeful too.

I'm not convinced Steve's apparent joblessness is the issue everyone is making it out to be. I agree that he needs to have some sort of plan for the future and some financial stability, but I don't think taking a break from the rat race is a huge red flag. It's like every couple has to have some type of problem, and the producers have picked Steve's employment to be it for the season, just like Austin refusing to say "I love you" to Jessica. 

• Love 17
18 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Lindsey knew she was safe, especially surrounded by all the others.  I'm guessing this isn't the first time she's pulled this kind of shit

Haven’t read all the posts yet, but I’m going to go out on a limb and say that Lindsey has a drinking problem and is a nasty drunk who says anything that comes into her head. She probably had a few adult beverages on the plane and decided it was okay to say whatever she wanted, figuring that she’ll be able to use alcohol consumption as an excuse. Looks like one of the wives confronts her next week.

Alyssa’s mother looks like Don Rickles in drag.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5