Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: Harder Than It Looks

• Start Topic

Jenelle struggling? She has never cared for Jace. The only time I saw her struggle, was when she struggled to get her attorney to get her behind bars on another day so she could go to that damn concert.

Leah goes to Twitter (of course *eye roll) to tell her fans her doctor changed her meds and she is doing much better now:

http://starcasm.net/archives/282119

Jeremy accuses Leah of lying about her finances (sneak peek info of next episode):

http://www.examiner.com/article/teen-mom-2-star-leah-calvert-accused-of-lying-about-her-finances

Jeremy shows off new motorcycle. According to the article, the same motorcycle costs $10,000 for a used one:

http://www.wetpaint.com/leah-messer/articles/2014-08-05-leah-messer-jeremy-calvert-expensive-motorcycle

Jeremy shows off new motorcycle. According to the article, the same motorcycle costs $10,000 for a used one:

http://www.wetpaint.com/leah-messer/articles/2014-08-05-leah-messer-jeremy-calvert-expensive-motorcycle

Why is there only ONE girls bike in that picture?  Does that mean that when Gracie is playing outside with it Goggles is inside looking out the window at her????  I can't imagine they share, a child should have their own bike, I mean STEPdaddy does, right?  WHy can't Googles have something similar put perhaps motorized? It just doesn't seem fair.

:(

Edited by JerseyGirl

I watched the preview of Jeremy and Leah arguing in the car over finances.  Hehe.. my southern Mom would have said "you can't win for losing" over Leah.  To this day it never made sense to me, but what Mom meant by that was that no matter what you do, you still lose.  Leah is a lost cause.

I do think she probably has an addiction to spending.  That is my best guess.  But she is never satisfied.  Last season, Jeremy made more money than they knew what to do with but he was too far away, this season he lives closer but now he doesn't make enough.  Hmmm..

Edited by spidermiss2426

My take on Leah is that she is an attention sponge.  The spending fits into that and I'm sure she's enjoying having more purchasing power than her neighbors.  I get the sense that she's always miserable because she always wants to be comforted.  I think Momma spidermiss2426 was onto something with "can't win for losing."

• Love 3

Attention sponge is a really good way to put it with Leah. If I remember from her early years, she was the popular cheerleader in HS. In her small ass town with the TM2 fame added to that, that probably makes her hot shit. For right now she is a big fish in a small pond and she is milking it for all its worth.  Her spoiled attitude always puzzled me, because she herself is the oldest child in a working class family which would make you think you understood the true value of money and spending. Guess she is just the selfish, whiny type and nothing is going to change that.

Self-centered and always the victim, is how I have always labeled Leah. That type seems to be the common denominator with many of the girls from 16 & Pregnant. I am sure a lot of it has to do with immaturity and not having the coping skills and tools to learn to deal with the day to day issues that come their way.  I think too many people give in to her, like her family members, and she carried that into her relationship with guys. Pouting and throwing tantrums, pointing the blame at others, gives her the platform that then allows her to claim she is being victimized.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5

That preview looks great. Jermy says something about hundreds of thousands of dollars spent and something about taxes. They were careless with their money, got used to it and now the shit is going to hit the fan. These people have about milked their story dry. Reality is going to hit hard on most of them.

• Love 3

I'm kind of bothered by the number of pets Janelle is caring for then realize right now she has a human baby to care for as well.  I can't believe how quickly she lost her temper with the dogs.  Wait scratch that I can believe it but am disgusted by it.  I loved Janelle saying that she had so much going on right now that she can't spend time with Jace.  And she's about to have a baby.  So much about Janelle bothers me.  It was nice to see her interact at least a little bit with Jace however poor boy having to watch her flip out on the dogs.

I usually am completely against the teen moms grilling the kids about when they're with their fathers.  But in Chelsea's case I think it makes sense since Adam driving Aubrey around isn't the same as letting her stay up late or leaving her with his parents to party it's something that could kill her.

I actually identified a lot with Kail having breastfed two kids although being older I never had any interest in going out on my own to go clubbing.  But just trying to get out on my own to go to my book club sometimes was difficult.  I also understood her frustration that Javi didn't bring Lincoln so she could feed him before going out to dinner.  Also if she didn't bring her pump because she was planning on feeding him then her going out without feeding him might not have been very comfortable for her even if she did have enough milk already pumped.

Oh Leah!  First I think the picture of the motorcycle and the bike is probably just one of the twins' bikes not a shared bike.  Leah and Corey both seem determined to try to be as fair to their girls as possible.  I would be shocked if Gracie had a bike but not Ali.  Now back to the episode...I can't believe she spent nearly $2,000 without talking to Jeremy.  I don't care how well they were doing big purchases should be discussed.  Also did I miss it but where was the baby when they were shopping for the washer?  If they get babysitting just to go shopping then she really needs to stop complaining about lack of help. 

Do I get upset with my dog at times ? Yes . I'm sure we all have. However , my dog is not locked in a cage all day in a hot garage . Then when the poor dog is finally outside she chains him to a tree. She is such a piece of shit .

• Love 4

Oh my god, poor Jace. 

I want to rescue those dogs from Jenelle. Seriously, can someone call the ASPCA and have them taken into protective custody? 

I never relate to Kail, but I do on the BFing and balancing that with attempting a social life. Your life is literally timed around when the baby has to eat. And pumped milk? LIQUID GOLD. I once sobbed over spilling it. Cliched? Maybe. But true. 

I can not EVEN begin with Leah. Again. How this chick has managed to bring three children into the world terrifies me. And that hair. Holy shit. That hair will haunt my dreams. 

I don't even remember Chelsea's scenes. Her hair looked great, though. 

I am literally ill after watching Jenelle mistreat those dogs. Who would think it was good for the dogs to live alone in pens in the garage, hours without being let out for potty and fresh air? And 2 large dogs in the same pen? Who can treat an animal so poorly? It just hurts me. I want to drive there and rescue them. Poor Jace looking out the window...was he wondering if he would be thrown out too? This show has become so depressing. I love my life.

• Love 4

If I'd been there when Jenelle was abusing those poor dogs, I would've whooped her ass, pregnant or not. Maybe the dogs are a tad restless because they're crated fifteen hours a day. Why doesn't that stupid bitch hire a dog walker? And putting a Husky and a Pitbull together in a too-small crate? Yeah, good move.

I think Leah's scene at the appliance store was a producer set-up. What was the purpose of buying a 3k W/D set when they're about to move into an apartment? And what the hell do they do with all their money?

I thought Kail looked pretty at her birthday dinner but her hair came out too brassy. She was in serious need of a toner.

Chelsea was her usual whiny self. Begging a four year old to get off the table? No wonder your kid doesn't respect you.

• Love 1

I am literally ill after watching Jenelle mistreat those dogs. Who would think it was good for the dogs to live alone in pens in the garage, hours without being let out for potty and fresh air? And 2 large dogs in the same pen? Who can treat an animal so poorly? It just hurts me. I want to drive there and rescue them. Poor Jace looking out the window...was he wondering if he would be thrown out too? This show has become so depressing. I love my life.

Seriously. My stomach aches after watching her treat those poor dogs so horribly. I read a story earlier today about two women being arrested for stealing that husky. My initial reaction was that it takes a truly horrible person to steal a dog. Now I'm wondering if they weren't trying to rescue the poor guy.

Edited by redbird

wrestlesflamingos I'm sure Momma spidermiss would have been proud to hear that.

So I just about cried for the poor puppies. :( 

Chelsea really needs to learn to discipline that child of hers.  Wow!!  And it isn't Chelsea's Dad's job to do that over the phone (not the first time he's done it either) it is CHELSEA'S responsibility.  And will that girl never stop with the baby talk?  And it isn't surprising Adam is driving.  Although I almost choked when Adam said he and Taylor were "temporarily breaking up"

Nothing to say about Kail, it looked like she had fun.  That was nice.

Which brings us back to Leah!!! (and I totally sang that to the Tune of "Doe a Deer")  So you spent 2000 dollars on that Mary Kay, and before (I assume) you got that money back you spent 1200 dollars MORE?  Really? 

Hey did you notice seat belts were a thing tonight?  What with Chelsea telling Aubrey how to properly wear one, and then Leah wasn't wearing hers properly and Jeremy wasn't wearing one at all?

• Love 2

Why would Leah's dumb butt spend even a grand on a washing machine let alone two grand?  She could have gotten a perfectly acceptable brand-new washer AND dryer if she would have just shopped around a little.  I just bought both for under $1,000 and I only spent about 45 mins. online researching.

Isn't Click it or Ticket in all 50 states? I've noticed several times that Leah and Jeremy buckle the seatbelt and sort of put the strap behind them. Is that even comfortable?

Is that to keep from wrinkling the Aeropostale t-shirts?

Why is Leah buying a washing machine that costs over $2000? What's wrong with a $1000 washing machine? She also shouldn't be selling Mary Kay with her face looking so wrecked. 

Because of Leah's television exposure and dare I say somewhat celebrity status? she probably COULD make a profit from Mary Kay.  But the heavy handed make-up application pretty much cancels that out.  I think Leah's doing it backward.  She should attend cosmetology school first to learn HOW to apply the make-up properly then sell.

OMG, ladies! We're so wrapped up in the dogs we forgot the other form of abuse tonight: Who. The. Fuck. Would. Name. Their. Kid. MOXON?! Of all the shitastic baby names I've heard recently, that one is an absolute crime against humanity.

• Love 9

Chelsea's baby talk was extra irritating tonight - it seems like the only time she isn't doing it is when she's shouting (and even then sometimes too).  She really needs to set better limits with Aubree too.  As soon as she started counting when Aubree was on the table, I thought, "what happens when you get to three?", and it was for her to say "please"?  Randy can't do *everything* for you, Chelsea!  It was nice to see she has one friend who knows how to apply a normal amount of makeup though.  I don't even know what to think about Adam - his lunch buddy looks twenty years older than him (another possible sponsor like Nathan's friend last week maybe?), although I guess it gives some validation to a ridiculous name like Paislee when even older friends name their kids things like Moxon...

Jenelle was horrifying with the dogs.  I felt bad for them being in crates all the time before, but the complete lack of responsibility paired with her abusive behaviors blaming Nathan's dog for what was the result of her own negligence was scary.  What is she going to do when little Kaiser has an accident or makes a mess in the house?  The way she was yelling while that poor animal was cowering against the wall just broke my heart.  You'd think since she "loves" Nathan so much, she'd want to take good care of his dog while he's gone, but I guess she'd rather teach Jace that the dog is mean and bad than do anything to prevent something like that from happening.  If the weather is warm, he's probably better off outside.

Jenelle is disgusting. I hope once she 'set those dogs free' they simply took off. Anything has to be better than the life they had living with Jenelle and Nathan. They're probably crated damn near 24/7 and that's no good life for a dog. Have we ever seen them being allowed in the house and being part of their family? Even once? If my life was spent in a garage all the time I'd probably fuck some shit up too. And it is NEVER ok to take your frustrations out on a dog like that. I have 3 dogs, and of course they drive me crazy sometimes. But I don't intimidate them or abuse them because of it. She should be barred from having pets, ever.

I didn't see much else of this episode, I kinda woke up just in time for the animal abuse portion. And to hear Leah flip out a bit about money. I'll rewatch tomorrow for the full episode.

I'm so happy that I read this thread before I watched the show so I could avoid the dog scenes. The scene just started so I'm watching American Dad for a few minutes.

I didn't even watch it and I want to kick that bitches ass. I'm watching with my formerly abused, now pampered and spoiled rescued Border Collie next to me. Animal abuse pisses me off more than anything.

Leah with that makeup, that hair and that skin thinking she'll make money selling beauty products is about as realistic as Jenelle making money teaching parenting classes.

I want to apologize about the nickname thing. I hope I didn't give the impression that I was trying to order you all not to use it or anything like that. I was just saying how I felt about it.

Sorry if it came out otherwise.

Edited by Maharincess

Do I need to adjust my teevee or was Leah's hair neon green?

Apparently mine is jacked up too... Leah's hair looked green to me and so did Kail's.

Also... separate note... why would someone who "would never drink" have to "pump and dump"?  I'm only part way through the episode, so maybe it'll make sense later. ETA: oh okay, I get it now that I'm seeing the rest of the episode.

Oh and also, thank you all for the warning on the dog scenes. I'll skip them for sure.

Edited by NikSac

Yeah, and what struck me was how the two dogs cowered every time Janelle came near.  THEN to top it off she put (or tried to) put her dog into 1 of 2 empty cages.  Which cage does she try to get the dog into?  The little one!  And those dogs are not small.  All the dog food strewn on the floor, the ripped up chair/sofa upholstery. Disgusting.  Obviously the dogs tore the furniture up out of frustration.

My heart broke when Jenelle just said "eff it" and let both dogs run away.  The look on Jace's face broke my heart even more.  I about died when MTV ran the "cruelty to animals" disclosure at the end of the segment. Janelle should not have animals or children.

• Love 2

"I want to spend more time with Jace, but I have the dogs" God speed, Kaiser.

Was I the only one hoping that that poor dog would bite Jenelle's hand off in one chomp when she was dragging it by the collar? No wonder they go nuts the second they get free, they're cooped up all day in a stuffy garage. I just don't understand the point having dogs if you're going to keep them chained up or caged up all the time, especially dogs that size. The poor things couldn't even stand up straight in that cage, let alone move around.

Did I hear her right? Leah spent $3200 on Mary Kay to start her "business" and maxed out a credit card to do it? For real? And what kind of washer and dryer was she buying for that price? I bought a brand new high end set for under $1,000. Girl clearly has no concept of money.

Chelsea is totally Aubrey's bitch

Kail was the least offensive one tonight.

• Love 5

I managed to not see any of the dog scenes and I skip over the posts about them.

I second that thanks for the heads up about it.

Hopefully somebody saw this and if she still has those dogs, can take the steps to take them away. Fast.

Is Barbara raising that Gabriel kid too? Jenelle has all of these nice cars, big TVs and shit like that but I wonder if she gives Barbara money.

In my opinion the majority of the money from this show should go to her and not her loser kid.

• Love 1

Oooh, one of Jenelle's leg humpers responded to a nasty comment I made on MTV's FB page! And I quote:

"whachu expect her to do? she prenant and bye herself! she got lot to deal with cuz her man bein lock up and she have Jace."

That is seriously what someone wrote to me, word for word. I'm officially a jellus hater!

• Love 16

So much ugh over Janelle and how she treated those beautiful dogs. Anyone that throws out "I should get rid of you" about their pet every few minutes needs to eff off in my opinion. And to think how hot a garage in southern, coastal NC in the summer must be. And then her screaming tantrum to get that poor Huskie into the crate is the exact OPPOSITE of how a crate is supposed to be used, it's supposed to be a happy place for the dog to go for short periods of time. If you scream at him to get in there, of course he is going to have anxiety and try to chew his way out of it. But why do I expect someone that gave away her freaking son to not give away her dog? yeah, my bad. Janelle is a piece of shit and KaiserRoll is screwed. 
Chelsea looked really pretty tonight but she needs to step up the parenting. If you don't set down guidelines with your young child, good luck when they hit those middle school years. 
Kail... ehhh... yawn.

Leah..... I could rage about this chick for an hour. First of all, we all remember when she was publicly bragging about how much money Germy makes... right? hmmmm.... so somehow she is deeply in debt and is going to live in an apartment (with 3 kids) because it's financially a good move for them? SSSUUURRREEEEEE. Because the goal of most home owners is to move up to an apartment lifestyle one day. lol. ok. (no offense to apartment dwellers. I lived in an apartment for 3 years of my life). 
And correct me if I am wrong, but she said a two bedroom apartment?!?!?!  3 girls and two grown ups (please tell me they don't have pets too) in a 2 bedroom apartment? What happened to the farm and the horse and all that good stuff? Maybe its a farm apartment? hee hee.... 
Also, the Mary Kay... she thinks she will have no problem selling it to her ridiculous group of Twitter followers who spend their days tweeting her praises. They all deserve to have a Leah Makeover where you come out looking like a crack whore that got into a fight with some crayola crayons. 
Germy is right to be mad. Married people, in my experience of 25 years of marriage, do not spend $2k or $1200 or anything even remotely close to that kind of money without telling their spouse and discussing it, like ADULTS. It's not about control, it's about honesty and respect. Germy might start to question why Leah is with him in the first place. If it was the money and the money has run out, he better hope Robby isn't around still. 

Edited by ArtTypeGirl
  • Love 3
Did I hear her right? Leah spent $3200 on Mary Kay to start her "business" and maxed out a credit card to do it?

I thought when Jeremy was driving and simultaneously accessing their banking history at the same time, I heard him say "there's 1800, there's 2000, there's 1200."  I couldn't tell if all three amounts were of Mary Kay though.  But I seriously SCREAMED with laughter when she said to him "it's for my business.  Can't I have a business?  You're the only one allowed to have a career?"  First of all, sorry to any one here to sells any of that stuff, 31 or Scentsy or Rodan and Fields or whatever.  I always laugh when those woman say they "own their own small business" and I knew Leah would trot that line out because I guess that's the bullshit they feed these women to convince them it's a great idea.  Just too funny.  Also, in the car Jeremy said you need to stop lying to me about money and she screamed "I didn't lie."  Well I guess not technically but she obviously didn't divulge that Mary Kay purchase until they were literally trying to buy something but couldn't because the card was maxed out so she sheepishly said "Oh I bought some more Mary Kay last night."  I wouldn't really consider that being upfront and honest about my purchasing but whatever.  She is as dumb as a box of hair.

I really almost cried during the scenes with the dogs.  Everyone else pretty much covered everything there but it just made me so sad and she really was acting like a kid throwing a tantrum.  In what world is that how a grown adult woman with soon to be two children handles a situation?  Screaming, stomping around and saying Fuck It and just letting the dogs go to possbily run away and/or be run over.  That's how I would expect a 13 year old to handle it. 

Kail looks more and more like a manatee with each episode.  I wish she would do something about that.

• Love 3

Ugh, Jenelle and those dogs! I just wanted to drive out to SC (or wherever she's living), wait til she has that baby, and ring her scrawny neck. You want to know why your dogs are acting up? Because you are keeping them in that depressing garage! Even worse, you're keeping them crated in that depressing garage. God knows how long she leaves them in there, I'd wager all day. Those are BIG dogs. They are not meant to be cooped up like that all day. I'd chew my way out too!!! And then what does she do when she gets frustrated with their acting out? One runs away and she just LETS the other one run away. Nice. Real nice. That's basically what she did with Jace. She couldn't handle the responsibility, so she let someone else deal with him. She is just a vile piece of shit and I feel sorry for any child or animal that is in her life. She is a lazy, selfish, narcissistic bitch. Even with Nathan - he has one minute left on the phone and she's just rambling on about dog poop. I hope Jace really DOES train baby Kaiser Permanente to kick her in the face. Someone needs to. 

Leah makes me equally irate. What the fuck does she need a $3000 washer for? What, the basic $500 model isn't good enough? I know Jeremy was the one who basically chose it, but going by his attitude I guessed that he knew she'd go for the high end one anyway and didn't want to be all day in that store arguing. So he's like, "Here, you like this expensive ass model? Get it". And then to find out she had just spent over a grand on MORE Mark Kay stuff (she had previously mentioned spending a similar amount to get started)??? This bitch is crazy. My mom does Mary Kay. Very few people, from what I've heard, make an actual living off of it. So stop calling it "your business" before you've even sold one tube of lipstick. If anything, it can be a nice supplemental income. But she should have started small and then began to buy product based on her client's needs. Leah is not really a go-getter. So I fully expect her to be still sitting on that $3500 worth of beauty products three years from now. The entire thing just pisses me off because she could take that money for the expensive washer and the Mary Kay and probably get Ali a wheelchair that would hold her over until Corey's insurance approves one.

I'll tell you this much, if Leah tried to sell me Mary Kay I would run in the other direction. Do they know what she looks like? Did they just launch a Bozo the Clown line?: She is the last person you want representing your product!

Well, we already knew Adumb and his latest squeeze had broken up, so last night's reveal was nothing new. I had to laugh with all his promises about it just being a break, and needing some space....when we know he's already dating someone new. I mean, come on, who's really going to believe that BS about him always getting kicked out so at least this way he has his own place to go to? Um, maybe you should stop doing stuff to get kicked out??? 

I like Chelsea and Aubrey can be a real sweetheart, but it really seems to me like Chelsea does not have a good handle on her. She pleads with her child instead of telling her. It's not going to get any better if she doesn't reign that little girl in now. 

Kail really impressed me in the beginning, the way she was talking about how much she liked Vee and how she was totally over being hateful. But then she ruined it when Javi said, "your hair looks great" and she replied, "shut up, Javi". He made a simple mistake and I don't care how mad at your husband you are, you don't tell him to "shut" up like that. It's clear she has no respect for Javi. But if she can get over her bitterness towards Jo and get along with his new squeeze maybe she can finally stop being an uber bitch to her husband? 

• Love 1
Oooh, one of Jenelle's leg humpers responded to a nasty comment I made on MTV's FB page! And I quote:

"whachu expect her to do? she prenant and bye herself! she got lot to deal with cuz her man bein lock up and she have Jace."

That is seriously what someone wrote to me, word for word. I'm officially a jellus hater!

This just made my morning! Seriously. I cannot stop laughing. It would take someone with a brain the size of a raisin to be Jenelle's fan. And I love how she is so matter of fact about it, like it's perfectly natural to have your husband in prison while you're pregnant and babysitting the kid you had taken away from you. DUH! 

Here's what she's supposed to do - not get pregnant when you and your sperm donor each have 348398250 charges pending and you already have several animals that you can't handle. Does she think it will get easier once she's not pregnant??? No. Her body may be more agile - in time - but the baby is going to need a hell of a lot more attention. People need to stop making excuses for Jenelle and truly call her on her shit. I am not satisfied with some lame PSA. I want her reported and those poor dogs checked on. 

Did I hear her right? Leah spent $3200 on Mary Kay to start her "business" and maxed out a credit card to do it?

I wasn't sure if that was a credit card or just her debit card. I don't own a credit card, so I don't know how they work - can you just call and up your limit like that? What I do know is that the company our bank issues for debit cards has a limit that can be spent in 72 hours, it's supposed to be for fraud protection and it's really annoying. When my husband went to purchase my new stove (it was only $400, Leah!) this winter, I had to call the bank and ask them to increase the limit because I had just done our big bi-monthly food shopping and I knew we'd be over the limit. So I wondered if it was something like that. But if they are having to put appliances on credit cards, it seems to me like they might be living off of those, which is not financially sound at all. 

I can't stand Leah. Parents who let their kids scream like that in a restauant are so inconsiderate. Instead of ccorrecting their behavior, she starts making noises along with them. Hey Leah, screaming kids in public are not cute!

Seriously, Mary Kay? $1800? What a bimbo. Who would even buy makeup from someone who buys the most garish colors and puts them on her face with a shovel.

• Love 3

I want to fly out to Jenelle's right now and bring those poor dogs home with me.

She is such a vile person.

I hope the authorities get involved and remove those dogs from her, and press charges for animal abuse.

ghoulina, lol! If you need more laughs, check out the TM2 FB page. Jenelle's fans are a real brain trust. The spelling and grammatical errors alone will make your brain bleed.

I forgot to mention earlier that Kail seemed kind of irked when Javi tagged along with her to the club. I think she really wanted a girls night out, especially since she lives so far away and doesn't get to see her friends as much as she used to.

Also, Leah looked like she was trying to use a Chase debit card at the store. Even with the card blurred out, it looked identical to the one I have.

• Love 1