Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: Harder Than It Looks

• Start Topic

Loved the preview from next week when Nathan gets out of the klink.  He runs across the parking lot towards Janelle's car... I would LMAO if he was hit by a car (I'm horrible, I know) and flipped over the hood.  Just a fantasy of mine.  Then Janelle yells "Duuuuuude!!!!".

I'm an evil bitch.

Who the fuck was Adam's new buddy at the diner?  I don't recall seeing his mug before.  The baby... Is Moxon a real name?  I had to laugh.

Edited by BitchOnWheelz
  • Love 2

I truly believe that Chelsea's and Leah's friends are real, but Jenelle and Kail???  Fake as hell.  I think that when they need to film with a friend, that they are hired by production or that the Teen Moms call up an old friend (who they've alienated in the past) and lure them with promises of camera time.

How depressing was the scene where Jenelle and Jace were lying in Jenelle's disgusting unmade bed?  So sad for that kid.  All of Jenelle's time is spent in one of the following ways: #1: Meeting with attorneys, #2: Screaming, #3: Crying, or #4: Staring listlessly into space... no normality.  Jace's first unsupervised weekend with Jen-Hell should also be his last.

Edited by BitchOnWheelz

I have no words for Jenelle.  It was so horrible to watch how horrific she was with the dogs and then the scared look from Jace watching her do it.  Barbara isn't the bestest ever, but thank god for her.  I hate that the show just throws up a PSA and moves on....knowing that it will bring controversy and therefore ratings.  MTV doesn't care at all what happens to those dogs or anyone they film.  

I've always liked Kail.  I think that this season she is definitely showing positive growth.  I like that she could admit she was wrong with Jo and Vee and that she really liked Vee.  The old Kail never would have done that.  I was also happy that she allowed herself to go out to a club, even though she hemmed and hawed so much about it.  Kail has never been one to party or to throw her kids to someone else to raise so she could go out and have herself a life.  She let herself have a good time and by the video it's clear she doesn't drink since she had no idea what vodka tasted like when she tasted it.  I also like that Javi went out with her friends and they all had a good time together.  

Leah.  Ugh.  She's the worst.  The only thing I will give her is that the Mary Kay scam may actually work well for her since she is a reality celebrity, so people may buy that garbage just to buy it from Leah on TM2.  She still needs to tell her husband when she is spending thousands of dollars, etc.  She just doesn't get it.  I was also disturbed by how she didn't wear a seat belt and it seemed totally find for hubs to be searching and reading from his phone while he is driving.  They are gonna crash and hurt themselves or someone else.  They deserve each other.  I was totally creeped out by Grace and Ali's convo when they were at Corey's...mainly because Grace was talking to Ali as if she was in charge of her.  I would have given her a WTF look just like Ali did.  Bitch please.  

Chelsea.  She's boring.  As for Adam, I keep reading that he did stop drinking after his last DUI, so maybe that is someone from AA.  The convo had the gist of it to me.  I do think Adam has no idea how his sometimes there, sometimes a ghost affects Aubree.  Chelsea isn't the best and would have no clue if Randy wasn't there, but at least she's been there for her daughter.

Edited by shelley1005
  • Love 3

I forgot to mention in my first post how sad it is that Janelle has no clue how to interact with Jace.  In the diner, after she was complaining to Jace about the dogs, or whatever she was talking about, I forget, then there was just awkward silence.  I was thinking, well ask Jace about anything!  What he likes, his favorite toys, what he wants to do today, his friends, school (? is he in preschool or daycare?), just anything.  What kind of adult goes out with a child and doesn't talk about the child?!  She seemed so uncomfortable.  It shouldn't surprise me but it was just so weird and sad to see.

• Love 5

I have a question, is it true what Kali said about drinking while breast feading? I have no kids so I wouldn't know. She said along the lines how if she doesn't get tipsy or feel drunk the baby will be fine. But don't babies have smaller bodies therefore are more affected the alchoal? I'm curious and have no idea XD

• Love 1

I have a question, is it true what Kali said about drinking while breast feading? I have no kids so I wouldn't know. She said along the lines how if she doesn't get tipsy or feel drunk the baby will be fine. But don't babies have smaller bodies therefore are more affected the alchoal? I'm curious and have no idea XD

Yep it is true.  What Kail said is also true that the alcohol will go into and then out of the breast milk just as the alcohol does with our blood.  

• Love 1

Yes, a general "rule of thumb" is safe to drive, safe to breastfeed. The alcohol does make it to the milk, but in very small quantities. Then it leaves the milk just as it leaves your bloodstream, so no need to pump and dump, as kail was not so eloquently trying to explain.

I love that kail breastfeeds and seems knowledgeable about it, but she seemed way too know it all and too much unnecessary info to people who didn't seem like they cared all that much.

• Love 2

Yes, a general "rule of thumb" is safe to drive, safe to breastfeed. The alcohol does make it to the milk, but in very small quantities. Then it leaves the milk just as it leaves your bloodstream, so no need to pump and dump, as kail was not so eloquently trying to explain.

I love that kail breastfeeds and seems knowledgeable about it, but she seemed way too know it all and too much unnecessary info to people who didn't seem like they cared all that much.

Maybe MTV told her to explain it that way?  Or maybe she was trying to justify drinking that evening to herself?

Maybe MTV told her to explain it that way?  Or maybe she was trying to justify drinking that evening to herself?

I think she was more likely trying to justify one night to the audience that may judge her harshly for it.

As far as the seat belts with Leah and Jeremy, most states have different laws according to the vehicle's weight. Child safety seat laws are the same but I know, by law, I must wear a seatbelt in my F150. I do not have to in the F350.

In West Virginia, wearing your safety belt in a motor vehicle is mandatory.  All drivers must wear a seat belt.  All passengers in the front must wear a seat belt.  All passengers in the back under 18 years old must wear a seat belt.  

Cell phone restrictions:  All drivers, regardless of age, are banned from using hand-held cell phones.

http://www.dmv.org/wv-west-virginia/safety-laws.php

I guess both Leah and Germy are above the law.

Edited by JerseyGirl
  • Love 2

Yep, Gracie was definitely giving Ali the evil eye in that scene.  I'm a grown up and that look gave me chills.  If they're not careful, Gracie will end up hurting Ali out of jealousy.  They need to take her out for a "Gracie-only" special day, so she'll stop feeling left out.  Hopefully they already have, more than once.

• Love 5

Kail kept mentioning she doesn't drink, doesn't know what it tastes like, etc. I could have sworn when she was living in that weird-ass apartment and dating Jordan (?) that during one of her staged scenes you could see liquor bottles lined up on the back of the stove. Does anyone else remember that?

• Love 2

Wow. Could they be any more blameless towards Jenelle? Oh, some people don't know how to treat animals..? A girl of Jenelle's age who has a fucking child should know how to treat her dogs. Don't tell me she "doesn't know any better". That statement piece makes me hate MTV and the fact they keep that worthless trash on their payroll.

• Love 4

Have there been any real-time updates on Jenelle and Kaiser? I'd be curious to  know if they've managed to kill him yet. She seems like the type who would "accidentally" leave a baby in a hot car.

I'm going to reply to this on Jenelle's thread.

Oooh, one of Jenelle's leg humpers responded to a nasty comment I made on MTV's FB page! And I quote:

"whachu expect her to do? she prenant and bye herself! she got lot to deal with cuz her man bein lock up and she have Jace."

Jellus hater, when I first read "leg humpers," I thought you were talking about one of Jenelle's dogs.  Then I realized either of them would probably string a comment together better than the presumed human who wrote this, even typing on a phone keyboard with overgrown dog toenails.

• Love 1

I forgot to mention in my first post how sad it is that Janelle has no clue how to interact with Jace.  In the diner, after she was complaining to Jace about the dogs, or whatever she was talking about, I forget, then there was just awkward silence.  I was thinking, well ask Jace about anything!  What he likes, his favorite toys, what he wants to do today, his friends, school (? is he in preschool or daycare?), just anything.  What kind of adult goes out with a child and doesn't talk about the child?!  She seemed so uncomfortable.  It shouldn't surprise me but it was just so weird and sad to see.

That was sad...  Also, can you imagine how Jace felt when Jenelle started talking about how she needed a nap???  And it was still morning!?!?  I'm sure he was thinking to himself, "Well, this is gonna be another shitty-ass day with good old Mom".  Seeing them lying on Jenelle's unmade bed staring into space made me sooo sad for Jace.  No kid wants to see their mom like that.  And she couldn't AT LEAST cuddle with him?  I think Jenelle is too narcissistic to care about what her child wants or feels.

• Love 1

I know from friends that breastfeed that to be safe, they pump and dump even if they only have half a glass of wine or champagne. Even if they don't feel drunk, they don't want to risk exposing their baby to alcohol through breast milk. Better safe than sorry, imo, even if you feel fine.

I had no idea the Mary Kay company was still around. Last time I heard about them, it was about 20 years ago when my mother's friend came over to our home to do a demo. I was in elementary school and in that stage where I found makeup ~so cool~. Anyways, I vaguely recall Leah talking about nursing school. What happened with that?

Edited by trimthatfat
I feel like if we're going to call them out for letting their kids eat chicken nuggets or pizza while out to eat then perhaps we're going too far.

My point for making any reference to that, were the comments that all the mothers were feeding their kids junk food, but not Kail. I was clarifying the fact that she has had fed Isaac those foods just like the other girls.

As for the comment about Kail claiming she never drank, but she had alcohol bottles in her old apartment, I do remember there being alcohol bottles in her apartment. Whether that means she drank, I can't say. She was a pot smoker so, I wouldn't put it past her to have drank alcohol before she turned 21 years old. I have always had an issue with Kail trying to paint herself as some saint while pointing fingers at others for their actions.

• Love 5