Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: Harder Than It Looks

• Start Topic

Is it a wonder why this was Jenelle's first weekend with Jace? She can barely handle taking care of herself let alone another living thing. I guess it shouldn't come as a terrible surprise that she is as caring a pet owner as she is a parent. Here's a thought: if the dog is exhibiting behavior issues, get a trainer. If you can afford the Hummer in the driveway, you can get a dog trainer. Not to mention the fact that those poor animals don't seem to be cared for, exercised, etc. Between the foul language, animal abuse and meltdowns, she is setting a wonderful example for Jace. I fear for Kaiser Roll's safety. This is the second episode in a row where I haven't disliked Kail. I'm not sure how long Kail 2.0 will be with us, but I will enjoy it while it lasts.

• Love 1

Is Leah's gigantic Bluetooth headset part of her new "businesswoman" persona? Girl looked like she was taking orders at the drive thru.

Mommy, what is that in your ear?!!?

Edited by JerseyGirl

Jenelle's been keeping busy posting pics of herself with the dogs, all hugging and loving on them.  I guess she got some serious flak from about 85,794 members of the viewing public.  Of course, they're all jellus haterz, so whatevs.  And she has, on more than one occasion, thanked her Twitter followers for "always having my back".  Yep, she fills her eyes with those poor, pathetic souls' praise and compliments, and anyone who doesn't agree with them is, again of course, a "jellus hater".

How in the name of all that is holy could any human being see Jenelle as someone to be admired?  What is wrong with these young people?  Do they believe, like Jewel said, "see the people on TV, they say they're better than you and you agree"?  Thanks, MTV, for (unintentionally or not) setting her up to be admired by a bunch of impressionable tweens and teens.

How come Germy and Leah are putting stuff on credit cards?  Did they already spend all the MTV cash and Germy's zillions he earns at his awesome job?

• Love 1

Is Leah's gigantic Bluetooth headset part of her new "businesswoman" persona? Girl looked like she was taking orders at the drive thru.

Maybe she'll be walking around in a suit and carrying a briefcase next week, after all, she has a business now.

• Love 1

Anyone would be upset if they came home & there dog had gone on the floor but it happens. You pick it up & move on. I don't see why she would carry on about it, especially using her limited time on the phone with Nathan to complain about dog poop. The biggest thing I didn't like was that the cages were in the garage. Unless there's an a/c or heater in there, that's terrible. I know we found a dog & it was late at night & the ASPCA couldn't come until the morning & my dog did not like this dog at all. I told the ASPCA that I would have to put it in the garage & they told me that "I"d better not" that it was too cold (I live in South Fla, it's never cold). I had to make it a bed in my bathroom. Sorry, long story but these two are the last people who need pets let alone a new baby.

Kailyn keeps saying she will be alone with 2 kids. Most stay at home moms who have kids are alone with them a majority of the time. I was a teen mom & we had 2 by 21, when I was pregnant with my 3rd my husband had to work 5 hours away & only came home every 6th day. I managed & it wasn't that bad. Other than missing him it wasn't any more of a burden. She should be grateful she has a spouse willing to work so hard. I do understand her being afraid to go out, you worry about getting up in the morning & everything that could happen.

Adam thinks Chelsea shouldn't care about his driving because that has nothing to do with his parenting. He is such a douche. His driving is reckless & her job as a mother is to protect her child. He is useless & has not grown up. BTW, most of his friend we see are so much older than him. I wonder why mature guys would want to hang out with him & not tell him he's wrong.

Leah is out of control. Again, she found a guy who loves her daughters as if they are their own. He busts his but to work, changed jobs for her & she's blowing money on Mary Kay. She doesn't know how lucky she is at that age to have a house & decent furniture & cars. I had hand me down furniture & busted my butt to provide for my kids. I feel bad for Jeremy. Didn't they change her child support from Corey to like $700 a month? I remember he was paying $500 but then it got increased. I know plenty of moms who don't get that much. She is very ungrateful.

Was the dog food all over the floor because they chewed through the bag, or was Jenelle feeding them Cheez Puff style and dumping the food on the floor for them?

I was also super annoyed with Leah not minding the twins at the yogurt store. Is it normal for parents to just ignore their kids in public? Ali, a light switch is not a toy. If they're bored maybe Leah needs to bring books for them, or I don't know, engage with them in some way. When I'm in a restaurant like that I always give side eye to a family that lets kids have free roam.

• Love 3

The dogs ripped the bag of food apart. I have four dogs and we always feed them in their crates to avoid fights. One of my dogs has the oddest habit of turning his food dish over and eating the kibbles one by one off the crate pan. He definitely prefers to dine Leah-style:)

• Love 2

Is it a wonder why this was Jenelle's first weekend with Jace? She can barely handle taking care of herself let alone another living thing. I guess it shouldn't come as a terrible surprise that she is as caring a pet owner as she is a parent. Here's a thought: if the dog is exhibiting behavior issues, get a trainer. If you can afford the Hummer in the driveway, you can get a dog trainer. Not to mention the fact that those poor animals don't seem to be cared for, exercised, etc. Between the foul language, animal abuse and meltdowns, she is setting a wonderful example for Jace. I fear for Kaiser Roll's safety. This is the second episode in a row where I haven't disliked Kail. I'm not sure how long Kail 2.0 will be with us, but I will enjoy it while it lasts.

In my experience the trainer usually trains the person, not the dog(s) hehe. Maybe she didn't want to pay someone to train her. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally appalled by the parts I managed to accidentally not skip, I'm just thinking she probably really doesn't want to be a better parent (to her dogs or her kids!)

I too worry for Kaiser Roll and I also worry about Nathan with Jace. When a kid is generally violent but magically behaves around only one person that makes me nervous.

• Love 1

As much grief as we give Barbara, I think she can really read a person. I'm certain she knows Janelle is toxic but she holds out a bit of hope that she can turn it around for Jace. I think she knows for sure that Nathan is downright dangerous and that's why she waited until he was locked up before she let Janelle have him for a weekend.

Nathan looks ragey to me and if he gives zero damns about his own kids, I can't see him becoming Cosby for Janelle's spawn.

• Love 3

As much grief as we give Barbara, I think she can really read a person. I'm certain she knows Janelle is toxic but she holds out a bit of hope that she can turn it around for Jace. I think she knows for sure that Nathan is downright dangerous and that's why she waited until he was locked up before she let Janelle have him for a weekend.

Nathan looks ragey to me and if he gives zero damns about his own kids, I can't see him becoming Cosby for Janelle's spawn.

Nathan is on disability for PTSD if I am not mistaken.  My Dad had PTSD in the 80s when I was a child, because of Vietnam.  Those were some VERY difficult years for myself and my sister.  It took Dad ten years to not be ragey, and he was trying hard not to be by taking an active role in his mental health.  Nathan, from what I see, is not.  I really hate to see what the future holds for all the kids in his life.  It is a generational thing.  Jace already has mental issues (in my opinion anyway) from seeing Barbara and Janelle bicker back and forth and if he is ever around Nathan and Janelle, it'll only get worse... and Kaiser?  poor Kaiser.  I don't know how often Nathan sees his daughter, but I bet it isn't that much.

Edited by spidermiss2426
  • Love 2

Don't worry.  After the MTV money dries up and the Mary Kay fails she will be sporting that thing at the drive-thru.  Know that.

• Love 2

Those poor dogs need to be re-homed immediately. I've snarked on all of these girls in the past, but Jenelle pushed it to another level on this episode. She makes me sick. MTV put out those videos of Jenelle where she claims she "regrets her actions" and talks about being a responsible pet owner. Bull fucking shit. Here's an example of the BS she's retweeted today. She has no remose, as evidenced by her tweets and retweets.

s1FSHL3.png

hpeB4TO.pngeWhg5bC.pnggnlYlSV.png

Even Nathan defends her, which shows they're both psychopaths. I've been a dog owner for many years, and if my significant other ever neglected or abused my dog, it would be over.

• Love 3

Don't worry.  After the MTV money dries up and the Mary Kay fails she will be sporting that thing at the drive-thru.  Know that.

What happened to the whole tanning salon gig?  Did I miss it?

I also worry about Nathan with Jace. When a kid is generally violent but magically behaves around only one person that makes me nervous.

Yep.  Every time Janelle brags that Jace only behaves for Nathan it gives me the chills.  It's not respect, Jenelle, it's pure fear.  Which deep down she probably does know.  But she twists everything around to come off better on the show.  She is so very aware of the cameras.  She (and Leah does it a lot too) thinks she's so crafty with the spin she puts on things for this show, but she is so transparent.  They especially do it on the reunion show, and it makes me crazy that Dr. Drew doesn't call them out on it.      

Nathan is so fake with his collared shirts and his suits, acting like he's some Prince Charming swooping in and saving Jenelle, too.And becoming some great father figure to Jace, and making a perfect little family. Talk about aware of the cameras.  The way he talks, it's SO obvious how fake he is.  I won't be the least bit shocked if he snaps one day and we're reading about a murder/suicide.  He has some deep issues, that one.  Sadly, the tweens that look up to Jenelle and Nathan can't even see through HIS b.s. facade, let alone Jenelle's.  Luckily Barb can, and I hope she is very careful with Jace being around that psycho Nathan.  

• Love 7

By my calculations (and I ain't even so good with the numbers), the cost of the Mary Kay Cosmetics and Makeup (hee!) and the expensive washer and dryer is about one-third of the cost of the wheelchair Leah is so desperate to get for Ali. Priorities much? One less fancy car and all the other frivolous shit and she'd already have the wheelchair. In fact, one season of MTV $$$ should pay for about 3 or 4 of those suckers.

Edited by AnnieGirl
  • Love 5

Chelsea - Not much to say about her. I'm sick of hearing about the license nonesense. Figure it out, girl.

Kailyn - I think she's really mean to Javi. Well, pretty much mean to everyone. She enjoyed herself and had a fun night out, which I'm sure she needed. Who are these friends?! I feel like we've never seen any of them before.

Leah - Thousands of dollars on makeup for your "business". Eh, ok. Maybe next time you don't do it the night before you buy 3k worth of appliances and, I don't know, CONSULT YOUR HUSBAND!

Jenelle - No. Just no.

All in all, a pretty average episode. I only managed to hate myself three times for watching the show and thanked the lord roughly 8 trillion times that I'm not them.

The dog scenes were horrible, but I did notice one other thing about Jenelle this episode. Perhaps it's been mentioned on other episodes, but when Jenelle was sitting on the couch talking to Barbara, she seriously looked like she was on something. Like a couple of times she was almost nodding off while talking, Leah-style. I wouldn't think a doctor would have a pregnant woman on anything strong enough to do that. Kaiser has no chance in life. And it's just started for him.

• Love 1

While this episode had a TON of "whoa" moments, I can't believe no one has mentioned how absolutely psychotic Gracie looked when talking to Ali about eating fruit.  Straight ol' crazy eyes when telling her, "well, then you'll need to take another bath".

I'm no fan of Kail, but she sort of grew on me after this episode.  While I'm in no way a cruncky granola organic mom, I'm happy that Kail is well informed about breastfeeding and is also trying to have some quality time with friends as a new mom.

Leah fell deeper into the depths of skankhood and white trash while showing off her ignorance of Mary Kay, smoking in the car, and hiding major purchases from her husband.

I snoozed through Chelsea's segments but did manage a chuckle when the most she could muster after a "1...2...3" warning was "please?".  Have fun in 8 years Chelsea!

Jenelle- no words.  I honestly wasn't that shocked when watching her segments, even with the dogs.  Just thought "yup, not suprised by that".  However, Jace showed more personality than I've ever seen and actually was pretty darn cute, when he wasn't fearing for his life.  I've noticed it before, but it was especially striking how dead both Jace and Jenelle look in the eyes. 

• Love 3
The dog scenes were horrible, but I did notice one other thing about Jenelle this episode. Perhaps it's been mentioned on other episodes, but when Jenelle was sitting on the couch talking to Barbara, she seriously looked like she was on something. Like a couple of times she was almost nodding off while talking, Leah-style. I wouldn't think a doctor would have a pregnant woman on anything strong enough to do that.

Jenelle has always had that super flat effect. I always wonder if she's continually on stuff, or if all the drugs have just fucked her up so badly? I wouldn't put it past her to smoke pot while pregnant, though.

• Love 2

While this episode had a TON of "whoa" moments, I can't believe no one has mentioned how absolutely psychotic Gracie looked when talking to Ali about eating fruit.  Straight ol' crazy eyes when telling her, "well, then you'll need to take another bath".

I caught that too, it was quite bizarre and I found it very odd.  Ali's reaction was equally scary, as if Gracie had some sort of control over her actions.  I thought I was crazy for even noticing that, thank goodness someone else came forward and pointed that out.

• Love 1
Here's what she's supposed to do - not get pregnant when you and your sperm donor each have 348398250 charges pending and you already have several animals that you can't handle. Does she think it will get easier once she's not pregnant??? No. Her body may be more agile - in time - but the baby is going to need a hell of a lot more attention. People need to stop making excuses for Jenelle and truly call her on her shit. I am not satisfied with some lame PSA. I want her reported and those poor dogs checked on. 

During the reunion, Dr. Drew needs to fucking man-up and call these bitches out on their shit for once.  I'm sick of the reunions a.k.a. "Ass Kissing/Walking on Eggshells Fests".  Esp Jenelle.  Not only is she a horrifying example of a mother, but she thinks she can just pop out kids and buy innocent pets and treat them like shit.  She needs a serious wake up call and it's coming whether she realizes it or not.  I'm terrified for baby Kaiser and little Jace.  It's only a matter of time before one of them is caught up in the violence between Jenelle and Nathan.  She WILL wind up in jail again and again.  She has the mind of a criminal. 

I hope that when Barbara watches the episodes, that she revokes Jenelle's visitation and gets the court involved to make her visits supervised only.  I also hope that child protective services is watching and takes baby Kaiser out of this mess before it's too late.  I'm actually floored that the hospital allowed Jenelle to take Kaiser home at all.  IMO, Kaiser will be better off in foster care than with Jenelle and Nathan.  Anywhere but with those two for sure.

Jenelle has a severe lack of insight into her behavior and I think it's a sign of a very serious mental illness and/or personalty disorder.  I know she has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, but it seems that's just the tip of the iceberg.  Narcissistic is right, but there's more brewing. 

Edited by BitchOnWheelz
  • Love 4

Jenelle’s constant animal abuse needs to stop.

If that's the way she treats them on camera, I shudder to imagine what she does in private.  The German Shepherd was clearly afraid of her.  She's too stupid to understand that dogs cannot be blamed for "bad" behavior.  They have to poop, they don't like being in a cage all day every day and they don't like being yelled at or hit.  Animals are innocent and deserve nothing but love, attention and patience.  Also, those crates were wayyyy to small for those dogs.  And if they chew their way through a metal crate, they will certainly destroy a plastic one.

I don't know, that whole bit was confusing. As soon as he walked in he said something about a "communication error", but it was like he already knew he screwed up? Maybe something was edited out. I don't know, I was confused myself - she didn't even really know if she was going to go out later or not. She had bottles pumped, she wasn't going to pump and dump, she wanted to nurse the baby before dinner, after dinner. I had no idea what was going on.

Sooo confusing.  I don't have kids, but 6 pre-pumped bottles sounds like plenty to me.  What a cold bitch she is to Javi.  He has nothing but her, Isaac's and Lincoln's best interest at heart.  She should be grateful to be an at-one-time-unwed-mom and now a stay-at-home mom at age 21.  She's barely worked a day in her life.

Edited by BitchOnWheelz

Sooo confusing.  I don't have kids, but 6 pre-pumped bottles sounds like plenty to me.  What a cold bitch she is to Javi.  He has nothing but her, Isaac's and Lincoln's best interest at heart.  She should be grateful to be an at-one-time-unwed-mom and now a stay-at-home mom at age 21.  She's barely worked a day in her life.

Kail has the most respectable work record of any girl on any of the Teen Mom series.  She has had a job for every single season except this one.  She had a job before Issaac was born and worked even after getting Teen Mom paychecks.  Plenty of room to snark on her but I disagree with calling her lazy.

• Love 8

Hope I'm not being redundant if someone has mentioned these already, but MTV has posted video and an article about "responsible pet ownership" with Jenelle.  I imagine her local police and animal control have been getting a lot of calls this morning, based on some of the comments people have left.  The apologist description about how she had to take care of two whole dogs AND her kid all at the same time!! is just sad.  

I think it's laughable that MTV is using Jenelle as the spokeswoman for responsible pet ownership.  And we all know that Jenelle plays nice in front of authority figures and that MTV likely had a come to Jesus meeting with her prior to the interview and went over some talking points.  I cannot see Jenelle researching SHIT before she does ANYTHING.

Not only did she "lose her temper", but she neglects and abuses her pets and she knows better.  She's a criminal with zero impulse control.  She shouldn't be allowed access to pets or children PERIOD.  Tired of Dr Drew and MTV walking on eggshells, treating these bitches with kid gloves and enabling.

In addition to Jenelle, I want to slap the shit out of Barb for subjecting Jace to Jenelle's volatility and emotional abuse. Poor Jace had that "fight or flight" look in his eyes the entire weekend, especially when he dropped his juice and Jenelle flipped out.

If juice = Hugs, which incidentally contain ZERO fruit juice.  No surprise that Jenelle thinks this is an OK drink for her child.  NO doubt she'll attach a nipple to a barrel o' Hugs for little Kaiser Permanente.  Here are a few of the 20-plus ingredients:

High fructose corn syrup, sodium polyphosphates (a chemical preservative  commonly used in detergents and soaps), sodium benzoate  and potassium sorbate (preservatives), sodium citrate, acesulfame potassium which is a calorie free chemical sweetener, 200 times sweeter than sugar, sucralose-another artificial sweetener,and of course food dyes, red 40, blue 1, and yellow 5.  Yummy!

Edited by BitchOnWheelz
  • Love 2

None of these people feed their kids very well from what we've seen. I recall seeing Barb giving Jace bottles of chocolate milk. Leah's kids - well, if we can find them under the Cheeto dust they're probably eating a candy necklace or guzzling down some Mountain Dew. We haven't seen much mealtime with Chelsea, the only incidents I can recall involve going out for ice cream and frozen corn dogs on the day of the move. So I can't really judge her one way or the other. But if I had to guess I'd wager Kail probably was best at feeding Isaac healthy, well-rounded meals and not too heavy on the sugar. That's just based on pure speculation, though, I could be totally wrong. 

• Love 3

None of these people feed their kids very well from what we've seen... Leah's kids - well, if we can find them under the Cheeto dust they're probably eating a candy necklace or guzzling down some Mountain Dew. 

Hey, how about candy cigarettes?  Remember those gems from the early 70s?  Let's go all out and get the girlses 100% on the right path, Leah!

• Love 3

Jenelle has always had that super flat effect. I always wonder if she's continually on stuff, or if all the drugs have just fucked her up so badly? I wouldn't put it past her to smoke pot while pregnant, though.

I sort of assumed that's what she was doing in the bathroom when she locked herself in and was crying about Nathan going to jail.

• Love 2
I sort of assumed that's what she was doing in the bathroom when she locked herself in and was crying about Nathan going to jail.

THAT would not surprise me at all. It was super weird that she was just hanging out in the dark in there.

BitchOnWheelz, lulz! I definitely used the word "juice" way too liberally in my earlier comment! I should have said "especially when Jace dropped his cavity-inducing sugar water on the floor and Jenelle flipped out."

I give Chelsea a pass on the corn dogs. I've moved several times and we always ordered pizza or Chinese the first night in a new house.

I think people generally eat the way they were raised. As a kid I remember visiting my dad's family up in rural Canada. I had a cousin who's teeth were rotting out of his head and my aunt would put Pepsi in his sippy cup. My Swiss grandmother thought cream and butter were a food group. I honestly think some people just don't know any better.

• Love 1

PlanetSassy, Nathan scares the hell out of me. When he acts all nicey-nice with Jace I feel he's just doing it for the camera but secretely hates the kid behind closed doors.

I don't know how to post links, but apparently Animal Control was called to Jenelle's house in July. The dynamic duo left the Husky tied to a tree during a storm. The dog was wrapped up in his chain, couldn't reach his water dish and had nails curling into his paw pads. AC gave them a "warning." Fabulous.

I read the same thing and it was also stated that when Janelle and Nathan came home their dog was gone.  Someone had taken it.  Nathan was posting that they were going to press charges and something about a felony i think.  The article mentioned that the dog was returned but I don't think any specifics were given.

So someone was trying to save that poor dog!!

If trainer properly a dog will willingly go into their crate. 

Is anybody still buying Mary Kay?? Every woman I know has a cosmetic bag littered with MAC products. On any given day the MAC kiosk is flooded w teens.

After her mom and 16 cousins, who is she gonna sell that shit to?

Sadly... they do.  I know someone who apparently lives off her Mary Kay sales and if you saw her you would be scared to buy from her and never want to touch Mary Kay.

Kail has fed some microwave and other not-so-healthy food items to Isaac. Then there are the outings to restaurants and there was Isaac eating fried nuggets or what I think was supposed to be chicken. Just two episodes ago he was eating pizza. Isaac has had his juice like Jace.

The girls on this show have all resorted, at one time or another, giving those kind of food items because they are tired, run-down, listless, they poop out at parties...okay I am apparently having a Lucy moment here. They all have been shown feeding their kids unhealthy foods. Whatever Kail eats, she likely feeds that to Isaac. Leah is all about Cheetos. I am surprised the company hasn't asked her to be a spokesperson.

It just dawned on me why Kail's hair had that bit of green tint to it. It matches her persona: The Hulk.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 2

I saw the cigarette in Leah's hand.  After the tense scene in the washer/dryer store and Germy walks out (and pulls up their online bank statement), she jumps in the the pick-up with Germy driving, with a lit cigarette in her left hand, also holding a pack of cigarettes (looks like she sparked up once she got out of the store after puchasing the $3k washer/dryer for their small, 2 bedroom rented apartment.  

I also tried to listen to Germy. He said something about going back to work in Alabama and opening up a bank account in his own name.  I assume it to mean he's going back to work and cutting her off financially from the joint account.

Ok, I am officially one of the "jellus haterz". I hate Janelle with the Fire of 1000 Suns. I ff'ed through most of the dog scenes, that poor husky, his crate is way too small.  So Jace does not have his own bed at her place? That's just crazy. Chelsea's blonde friend has a cute hair style- wonder if Chelsea cut it- BBBWWWAAAHHHHH! I just assumed most of the people at the club where Kail was were not friends or acquaintences, but "fans". Leah is pathetic. She and Jermy are so headed for divorce court.

• Love 1

Kail has fed some microwave and other not-so-healthy food items to Isaac. Then there are the outings to restaurants and there was Isaac eating fried nuggets or what I think was supposed to be chicken. Just two episodes ago he was eating pizza. Isaac has had his juice like Jace.

The girls on this show have all resorted, at one time or another, giving those kind of food items because they are tired, run-down, listless, they poop out at parties...okay I am apparently having a Lucy moment here. They all have been shown feeding their kids unhealthy foods. Whatever Kail eats, she likely feeds that to Isaac. Leah is all about Cheetos. I am surprised the company hasn't asked her to be a spokesperson.

It just dawned on me why Kail's hair had that bit of green tint to it. It matches her persona: The Hulk.

I feel like if we're going to call them out for letting their kids eat chicken nuggets or pizza while out to eat then perhaps we're going too far.  We don't know how often they take them out to eat and if it's an occasional thing some places the kids meals are kind of limited to that sort of thing.  I do agree we see a lot of unhealthy eating habits (hugs, soda and Cheetos) but there have been times we've seen healthy meals...right?

• Love 1

In the spirit of fairness, Ali looks at most of her family like they have two heads.

Seriously. She is so the sharpest tool in that family's shed.

And we all know that Jenelle plays nice in front of authority figures and that MTV likely had a come to Jesus meeting with her prior to the interview and went over some talking points. I cannot see Jenelle researching SHIT before she does ANYTHING.

I used to work in PR, so I can imagine being the poor person who had to talk some sense into Jenelle after those scenes and try to fix the situation. Ugh. What I hope is that the Myrtle Beach Animal Control office is flooded with calls just like CPS in Indiana was after Amber almost kicked Gary down the stairs. So maybe this show is good for something?

In the old TWOP thread, there were links with evidence that Jenelle was taking like four times the amount of Zofran that her OB/Gyn prescribed her for nausea. Could that be why she's so out of it?

• Love 1

I feel so bad for both the dogs, but particularly the Husky, due to how mean Janelle was to him, plus with that breed, they need LOTS of exercise on a daily basis. That poor thing is trapped in that small cage for god know how many hours each day. Janelle has always disgusted me. I believe she has psychopathic traits.  I knew a woman who owned two huskies and she would ride her bike with them running along beside her for an hour every day! She said they would tear her house up if she didn't.

So Nathan doesn't work, Janelle doesn't work, so the only money coming in is from MTV and his disability, which probably isn't all that much. What happened the Nathan's timeshare selling job? I thought his job was why they lived so far from Jace. Did Janelle buy that house they are living in? Why not move closer to her son? My guess is that most of the MTV money has gone to lawyers and buying new cars and drugs. 

And WTF is she studying at school? I guess it's something in the medical field. But who is going to hire her, especially in healthcare?Her resume includes a very long criminal history, much of it for drugs. I can't imagine any medical facility saying sure convicted felon with a drug history, come work for me. 

I figure the TM2 franchise will last one maybe two more seasons. I mean, what are they going to do, follow them until the kids become teen moms and dads themselves? (although from a sociological  perspective it would be interesting to check in on them 10 or so years from now to see how the kids turn out). But MTV isn't a research organization and  if the ratings fall, the show will get cancelled. So when it does, what the hell is Janelle going to do? For sure she and rage man Nathan will not last, she wil have a string of losers she hooks up with, she won't have money, a career or a new car every year, she will probably be back at Barb's and Barb will be raising teh kids because Janelle will be in and out of jail. BTW, I suspect they get new cars every year because they crash the old ones. 

Edited by poeticlicensed

There's an idea floating around this these episodes may actually be the last.  It's listed as an extension of season 5, not a new season 6, even though there was no order for these episodes prior to filming season 5.  The theory is that they wanted to show the conclusion of Janelle's pregnancy.  It's believable because the cameras bug out as soon as Kaiser appears.

Its always been my hope that they stop giving Janelle money.  It's going nowhere, badly, quickly.

So Jace does not have his own bed at her place? That's just crazy.

We saw him sleeping in Jenelle's bed, but I think he does have his own room with a bed--where she was hanging posters for the benefit of the cameras. I noticed that his room also had a big flat-screen TV. I try not to be judgey about how these girls feed their kids and that sort of thing--high-fructose corn syrup is the least of these kids' problems--but no way does Jace need a television in his room.

• Love 1

Word to the person that noticed Aleeah's satanic face when they were eating fruit. That was a little scary.

No props to Kail for me. She's a one step forward, ten steps back kind of person. The superior tone she takes with her friends when talking about parenting and telling Javi to shut up (the accompanying laugh looked like it was done to try to pretend that she wasn't getting fuming. Didn't work for me) put her right back into the bitch category. 

Did anyone else notice the sales lady at the appliance store with Leah. I just played it back to make sure I was not hearing things. When the card was declined it was the lady behind the desk that said, "It must be over the dang limit." I thought that was really weird to say it like that. The first time around I thought it was Leah who said that but they are showing her when the voice says that so it was not her.

There are no words for Jenelle. I like how Jace plans to teach his little half brother how to punch her in the face and cackles with glee at the thought. Poor kid.