Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E20: Harder Than It Looks

• Start Topic

I wonder if Leah and Germy are building a house and that's why the apartment stay? Something was missing from that story. They needed to sell what they had and rent for awhile. Maybe it didn't sound teen mom struggly enough to talk about whatever they're soon to move into.

My guess is also that Leah has a daily debit card spending limit and went over it. Although I have called and asked for more credit on credit cards - but never in a STORE when I was trying to buy something. It's not that fast or easy.

WTF is with Chelsea and that eyeliner!? She can't go a season without major fashion mistakes, and this year it is bright red lipstick and eyeliner extending out way past her eyes. The fact that Randy constantly says "WE" about everything makes me think they'll never cut the cord. He'll fix her life forever. I'm also uncomfortable with all the bitching about Adam's parents. He's a d-bag, we know that. But Randy was saying that Chelsea doesn't need to let them see Aubree once every two weeks if Adam is in prison. Well, great Randy - we know YOU get to see her all the time. It's not so easy for the parents of the father. Maybe they love her too.

Why didn't Javi bring the baby to the salon? He doesn't seem like a very bright customer. He and friend strolled in there like they just wanted to get their camera time.

I can't even with the dogs. Jenelle isn't even that pregnant (to me she looked like 6 months maybe?), but wouldn't shut up about being so pregnant she couldn't even move. I know I personally sat with my (big) dog extra long this morning and gave him lots of attention. My sweet baby loves his crate, and spends about 4 hours a day in it alone. These dogs clearly despise theirs, and it's because they probably never get to do anything else. Do we know if they still have the dogs (I'm not going to lower myself to read Jenelle's twitter or whatever else she's got going on). It did seem like after she let the husky loose he appeared to be tied up outside.

• Love 1

Jenelle’s constant animal abuse needs to stop. If she hates Nathan’s dog so much, why doesn’t she get rid of it? My <3 broke for those poor animals. I hope they don’t treat their kids like they did those poor animals.  She can’t justify this. Jenelle is an asshole, and she needs to be held responsible  for her actions.  She can’t handle two dogs, she’d be screwed if she ever had to handle two kids at once.

Kail is so whiny. Free Javi!

Can Chelsea do ANYTHING for herself? Why did Randy have to look at what Adumb’s charges were? That was something that Chelsea could’ve easily done for herself. Cut the cord!

Leah: "Wah! Everyone controls me". I don't know what to say about her. 

• Love 3

Jenelle is a disgusting, abusive pig. Those poor dogs live in deplorable conditions. She can't really blame the condition of the garage on Nathan being gone and her being pregnant because that garage looked like crap when Nathan was still around. Neither Jenelle or Nathan should own pets. Animals can't talk to us and tell us how they're feeling. It's up to us to take care of them and love them. Jenelle is a piece of shit.

I call bullshit on Kail claiming she didn't know what vodka was. She's so full of it. But it was nice seeing her have fun for once.

Chelsea is way too dependent on Randy. Why was Randy looking up Adam's charges when Chelsea was capable of doing that herself? Aubree runs that house. Chelsea needs to get a handle on her.

Leah, Leah, Leah. She's a manipulative bitch. I noticed the major manipulation in the scene when her and Jeremy were in their room packing. Jeremy asked Leah if she talked to her "ex-husband" about the wheelchair. Normally he uses Corey's name. I'm sure Leah played the victim card and made it seem like Corey was sitting on his ass not doing anything. He can only do so much. Then she started talking about being on meds and how she feels so much better. If I have to hear about her being on medication one more time I'll scream. Then the scene in the store buying the washer/dryer set. She's spending a load of money on products she has yet to sell. Why the fuck did she need more Mary Kay when she hasn't sold anything yet? She tried to pull him into an argument inside the store and Jeremy was smart enough to walk away. Once in the truck she starts playing the smallest violin in the world and becomes a victim again. Jeremy is not trying to control her. He's trying to make sure they don't fall deeper into debt. If he wanted to control her he would take away her access to the credit cards and give her a monthly allowance the way Ricky did Lucy. I loathe Leah.

I also noticed the difference in Corey/Miranda/girlses at home compared to Leah/random friend #752/girlses at the yogurt shop. The girls were calm, sat quietly, ate their FRUIT with Corey and Miranda. With Leah they couldn't sit still and were so high on SUGAR they were acting super hyper. I'm sure Corey gives them sweets, but every scene I've watched with Leah feeding the girls she gives them sugar, soda, and junk food. I've never seen them eat vegetables or fruit with her.

Every time I see these bitches carrying designer bags, going to salons, getting their nails done, and driving Hummers and Mercedes, I get pissed off. They didn't work for any of it. They had sex at 16, were "rewarded" with a show and more money than they can manage. These girls are stupid and should have never been paid for making a bad choice.

• Love 8
Why didn't Javi bring the baby to the salon? He doesn't seem like a very bright customer. He and friend strolled in there like they just wanted to get their camera time.

I don't know, that whole bit was confusing. As soon as he walked in he said something about a "communication error", but it was like he already knew he screwed up? Maybe something was edited out. I don't know, I was confused myself - she didn't even really know if she was going to go out later or not. She had bottles pumped, she wasn't going to pump and dump, she wanted to nurse the baby before dinner, after dinner. I had no idea what was going on. 

I also noticed the difference in Corey/Miranda/girlses at home compared to Leah/random friend #752/girlses at the yogurt shop. The girls were calm, sat quietly, ate their FRUIT with Corey and Miranda. With Leah they couldn't sit still and were so high on SUGAR they were acting super hyper. I'm sure Corey gives them sweets, but every scene I've watched with Leah feeding the girls she gives them sugar, soda, and junk food. I've never seen them eat vegetables or fruit with her.

Also notice that Leah was more invested in the conversation with her friend than what her children were doing, while Corey and Miranda were actively paying attention to the girls. 

• Love 1

At some point (like when you're married with a couple of kids) birthdays become less "Look at me, its my birthday!  Today is all about me and doing what I wanna do!", and more about just enjoying a nice evening with your family.  I guess Kail isn't to that point yet, and it was annoying me.  Maybe its a reality show thing.  And, her friends suck!  They looked a little repulsed when she was breastfeeding at the table, and I felt like they were pressuring her to drink.  I've BFed my two kids, and during that time I never ever even considered consuming alcohol.  Maybe the pump and dump is safe, but why even do it.  And she clearly didn't like the taste of it.

Did Adam drive himself to his lunch with that pathetic middle-aged friend?  

I feel bad for whoever has the apartment next to Leah's brood.  Enough has been said about her ridiculous spending habits.  (Remembering when she spent $500, to Corey's dismay, on the girlses first Christmas that they won't remember.)  I just thought it was funny last night that she said she's selling "cosmetics AND makeup", as if they are two different things.  And I've noticed for some time her and Jermy's lack of seatbelt use.  Eventually we're gonna get news of them being in a fatal accident (what with all the texting while driving), but they're too dim to understand that seatbelts save lives.

So, Nathan gets to call Janelle from jail?!  That makes her freak out last week even more silly.  The treatment of those dogs was criminal.  They clearly tore everything up and chewed out of the crate because they are neglected.  Even if they're both in their own small crate, it looks like that husky couldn't even fully stand or turn around in there.  Breaks my heart.  When Janelle had her tantrum about how she can't clean up one mess after another, I wanted to scream "Welcome to motherhood, you pathetic piece of shit!"  And I'm thinking Barbara let her have Jace for the weekend, for the first time ever, BECAUSE Nathan wasn't there.  She doesn't trust Nathan one bit...especially with Jace.     

• Love 2

PlanetSassy, Nathan scares the hell out of me. When he acts all nicey-nice with Jace I feel he's just doing it for the camera but secretely hates the kid behind closed doors.

I don't know how to post links, but apparently Animal Control was called to Jenelle's house in July. The dynamic duo left the Husky tied to a tree during a storm. The dog was wrapped up in his chain, couldn't reach his water dish and had nails curling into his paw pads. AC gave them a "warning." Fabulous.

As soon as Jenelle let those dogs go, I was like YES! They're better off, geez. The crates are way to small for them, she probably never takes them out or plays with them, poor things. Reminds me of Tyler with his dogs with Catelynn. He lost his temper big time with them where, again, mtv had to use a disclaimer at the end of the show. Now they're having a baby too!

Leah is looking torn up in every single episode. I love that she makes these big expenditures but is looking at a 2 bedroom apartment?? Wtf?

Chelsea looks really good. SHE'S the one who should be doing makeup if anyone. I loved the no-follow-through after she said 3. Please? That's when you physically move the child. Poor Randy, but even he said before hanging up, call anytime.

Proud of Kail for finally seeing the light, that hating someone takes too much energy and she wants to be civil and move forward from all the unnecessary drama. Bravo!

Hope I'm not being redundant if someone has mentioned these already, but MTV has posted video and an article about "responsible pet ownership" with Jenelle.  I imagine her local police and animal control have been getting a lot of calls this morning, based on some of the comments people have left.  The apologist description about how she had to take care of two whole dogs AND her kid all at the same time!! is just sad.  

• Love 2

Is anybody still buying Mary Kay?? Every woman I know has a cosmetic bag littered with MAC products. On any given day the MAC kiosk is flooded w teens.

After her mom and 16 cousins, who is she gonna sell that shit to?

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 1

Leah has fallen into the Mary Kay trap for sure. I speak from experience, I fell for all the lines when I was in college. The really push you to at least purchase the $1800 set right off the bat so that you "have product on your shelves" but the real reason they push that particular set or higher is because that is the level that the person you signed up under makes a commission check off of you. And buying product can be really addicting, especially when the people above you in the business are pushing it so hard. All it usually results in is credit card debt (in my case) and a lot of useless product that no one is going to buy. The lines Leah was spouting off were oh so familiar, it gave me flashbacks.

I was also pretty appalled (although not surprised) that Leah didn't consult with Jeremy on a purchase SO very large. That's not something to sweep under the rug and one of the best pieces of advice I heard when I got married was to discuss purchases with your spouse that are larger than $100.

I say this so begrudgingly, because I hate to give Kail any kind of credit, but she went up a few notches this episode by being so knowledgeable about breastfeeding and doing her part in the fight to normalize breastfeeding by nursing at the table in front of her friends (who didn't really seem 100% supportive). She was absolutely correct about not needing to pump and dump (unless you get uncomfortable) because the alcohol leaves your milk like it does your blood. I can definitely understand her hesitation to drink but she was being responsible by 1. Knowing the facts about drinking and breastfeeding 2. Having pumped milk available if Lincoln needed to eat while she was out and 3. Nursing him right before going out. Being a parent doesn't mean you stop being human so I fully support a mother's decision to go let loose and have a few drinks once in awhile. Sooo...reluctantly, I say go Kail.

No words on Janelle (I just can't with her...) or Chelsea (I kinda love her but her "storyline" is pretty boring) but I really wish they would stop doing these little segments of Adam. I want to punch him every time he is on my screen.  

• Love 8

Just returned from the Teen Mom 2 FB page. What a bunch of dog crap! Jenelle is spinning damage control and tells us how much she really loves her dogs anndd how she behaved badly. She knew the cameras were there, what happens when she is alone with them?

Did anyone watch her on FB? At the very end they show a picture of the husky tied to a tree. It looks like his leash is tied up high on the tree. I don't think he can lay down. I hope I am wrong.

Idiots the both of them...

I buy some Mary Kay, mostly their mineral powder. And that's only because my mom is a rep and she will sell it to me at cost, without the markup. She has a small base of people who buy from her. She's says it's basically enough to afford her to gift her daughters with products. Haha! I don't have any other experience with that sort of thing, but it just seems to be that you have to be super devoted and super pushy to be able to make any significant money doing that - neither of which Leah has the time or nature to be. 

And, yes, we saw Nathan's husky tied to a tree at the end. I wonder how she got him. I had kind of hoped he ran and ran and ran when she released him from his cage, and some nice family would take him in. Bummer.

First time posting after lurking a long time on TWOP and now here. I join those of you who are so angry over the way Jenelle treated those dogs. While the local authorities have no doubt received numerous calls after that show aired, I feel like I should call or do something. Those animals are being abused in those too small crates (probably crated for long periods of time) and need to be removed immediately. A previous post mentioned a warning had been issued earlier, that is not enough.

I am not as internet savvy as many of you probably are, but is there some way we can have an online petition to have those animals removed or can someone post the proper place in that city to call, write, etc... to report abuse. If the situation gets enough attention maybe something will be done.

To think that Jenelle has a baby (and occasionally Jace) is beyond thinking about.......

• Love 1

Oh, this was a jam-packed little hour of viewing, was it not?

Leah, Leah, Leah...That wheel is spinning like but that hamster is dead.  She clearly fell for the oldest ruse in the book with her MLM Mary Kay purchase.  She blew (and yes I mean blew) $1800 on Mary Kay products so she can resell them and make $3600?  This is her new self-appointed career.  For those who don't know, Mary Kay is notorious for pressuring and strong-arming their "consultants" into buying hundreds and even thousands of dollars of "start-up" inventory....Most of which ends up for sale at deeply-discounted prices on Ebay because the consultant can't unload them.  

Leah, word of advice...Find a house with either an extra garage or a huge basement.  You're going to need the storage room for all of that product you're amassing that you will NOT be able to sell.  And while you're at it, google The Pink Truth and check out that forum full of MK horror stories from gullible women just like yourself who invested in that "career" and went bankrupt trying to keep up appearances with Mary Kay.  Oh, and you might want to think about the fact that you don't need to wear every single freaking product on your face at the same time.  Seriously.  

And goddess forbid you just call a repair service for the washer and dryer you have.  And Jeremy's right.  Household appliances tend to revolt when you try to take a short-cut and grossly overload it beyond capacity.  

Leah must apply the same rule to loading her washer and dryer as she does to her makeup....The more, the merrier!  

Oh, and Leah?  Yeah, saw your pack of cigarettes in your lap in the car and the one burning in your hand that you were trying to hide.  Another word of advice...If MTV doesn't want to show you smoking or you don't want to be seen smoking, put the thing out BEFORE you get into the car with the camera running.  I couldn't figure out if she was upset more at Jeremy who was lecturing her OR that the cigarette was burning her fingers.  OUCH.

Jenelle, Jenelle, Jenelle...Well, no words needed here.  Clearly her solution to anything that presents an inconvenience to her is "set free."  Child or pet.  Except a man...she hangs onto them no matter how fucking badly they behave.  Hopeless doesn't even begin to describe it.

Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea....SSDD with our girl Chelsea.  I do hope Randy is immortal because I don't see any way this woman will be able to function without him. 

Kailyn, Kailyn, Kailyn....Again, SSDD, nothing to see here, folks.  Kailyn has issues and Javi is going to pay.  Every time I see her the old Offspring song runs through my head.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

You know what I found so frustrating about Kali and Javi relationship? If the roles were reversal, if Javi spoke to Kali the same way Kali speaks to Javi. It would be HORRIFYING to people around them. And be a bigger issue, but since Javi a guy we get people who are in Kali and Javi lives smirking. It just all so troublesome to watch…I just wish someone would go up to him and be like, "You don't have to be treated that way,"

I did laugh though cynical when Kali and Javi were at the hair salon, I just kept thinking her as Jabba the Hutt and displeased. She was some crime boss berating her lackeys… 

And, may I add my vote to Leah hair looks awful count? Just awful…

Also Adam, I don't see a long future with him. He drives way to reckless and doesn't seem like his behavior behind the wheel will stop anytime soon. His family hides and support this bad behavior of his and he keeps on doing it. Also the fact he has two children won't change him no matter how much he cliams it has. Just ugh...

Here link to the article about the dog napping of Jenelle

http://starcasm.net/archives/282740

• Love 1

In addition to Jenelle, I want to slap the shit out of Barb for subjecting Jace to Jenelle's volatility and emotional abuse. Poor Jace had that "fight or flight" look in his eyes the entire weekend, especially when he dropped his juice and Jenelle flipped out.

According to Jenelle's sycophants we're all "trippin cuz it's not like she hit the dogs or nothin." Apparently screaming, cussing and dragging animals around in front of a four year-old doesn't qualify as abuse. No, that sounds like a perfectly healthy environment to raise a child in. SMDH.

• Love 3

Just returned from the Teen Mom 2 FB page. What a bunch of dog crap! Jenelle is spinning damage control and tells us how much she really loves her dogs anndd how she behaved badly. She knew the cameras were there, what happens when she is alone with them?

I wondered about this too.  That poor husky was cowering like he'd been beaten before.  Dogs don't cower like that if they've never been abused.  My heart broke when they showed his alert, gorgeous face stuck in the crate, panting.  I can only hope she no longer has EITHER of those dogs based on calls this morning.  

I loved it when Leah asked Germy if she looked skanky.  Yes Leah, you do.   I'd give her a pass on her appearance because she's got a lot on her plate, but if her new "career" is selling beauty products, she needs to do something about her look.  

Leah smokes?! No wonder her skin and hair look like shit. I feel like a huge mystery has been solved.

Yes indeedy.  Mini-Persnickety's keen eyes caught this last night before I did.  She has a cigarette burning in her right hand, which she is trying to keep out of camera view but you can see it when she first gets into the car (and why her right hand is oddly out of camera range during that entire scene)....and once I managed to pry my eyes away from her sideshow hair, the pack is sitting in her lap.  

Mini-Persnickety and I had a good giggle over the fact that she obviously couldn't put the cigarette out in the car ashtray nor toss it out the window without it being really obvious...so she was kind of stuck with it in her hand.  

Anybody else remember in season 1 or season 2 when lovely Leah would throw cheese puffs on the floor for the girls to snack on?  Yeah, not surprised to see the "girlses" seem to eat a little better when with Corey and Miranda than when they're with Leah.  And that they don't have to eat off of the floor.

(ETA:  Here's a link to a really interesting read from a few seasons back...this thing was all over the internet for quite awhile:  http://www.teenmomjunkies.com/teen-mom-2-2/teen-mom-camera-operator-spills-gossip/ )

On one hand, she is making steps toward independence and being her own person; on the other, I really want her to read Pink Truth. Maybe she can get Ali to explain how multi-level marketing scams work?

From the posted recap ^^^^

Glad to see I'm not the only one familiar with Pink Truth...A few years back I was going to sign up as a consultant just to get my makeup on the cheap...then I found Pink Truth and abandoned that idea really quick!

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

Quick shout out: Leah used the word skank on the show so it's perfectly fine to use the word in reference to that conversation. I'd like to stay away from any kind of slut-shaming and skank is one of those words that sets off bells.  Leah gives us plenty to work with so it shouldn't be hard to avoid it.

• Love 2

I just had a thought: Do Leah and Jeremy ever think about the effect their fights have on little Ali? According to them, most of their financial problems are directly related to Ali's illness. Medical bills, wheelchairs, the need for a handicap accessible house etc. Do they not consider the fact that Ali is internalizing all this information and might begin to feel she's a burden to her family? These people truly suck.

• Love 8

Leah smoking is kind of old news. She was caught smoking while pregnant with Baby Cheetos. She had gotten into a car accident and her Suburban (yes, a Suburban) was totaled. She wasn't hurt. Someone with a camera took a photo of her:

http://www.realitytea.com/2012/01/19/photos-teen-mom-2s-leah-messer-smoking-while-pregnant/

According to this Dec. 2013, she quit (yeah right):

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertainment/165630/teen_mom_confesses_a_filthy

Leah must apply the same rule to loading her washer and dryer as she does to her makeup....The more, the merrier!

Apparently she applies that to penises and children too.

Enough has been said about her ridiculous spending habits.  (Remembering when she spent $500, to Corey's dismay, on the girlses first Christmas that they won't remember.)  I just thought it was funny last night that she said she's selling "cosmetics AND makeup", as if they are two different things

I don't think enough has been said about Leah's spending habits.

Leah may know cosmetics and make-up are two different things, but Jeremy wouldn't. Leah has learned the art of manipulation quite well. Telling her spouse she had to buy "cosmetics and make-up" makes it sound as if there was a lot of product she needed. Jeremy isn't going to know the difference.

Leah AND Kail's hair had that greenish hue.

Jenelle and the dogs. Why is it a surprise at how she treats the dogs? Her behavior throughout the seasons has shown she is one fucked up, angry, out of control, abusive scum. She has assaulted a handful of people.  Look at how she treats her own mother and child. People who are abusive tend to be abusive to animals as well. I wish phone calls had been made to CPS when Jenelle was being an out of control monster in front of Jace. Just because she doesn't lay a hand on Jace doesn't mean she isn't abusive to him. All that screaming, cussing and yelling is emotional abuse. Also, with all the things she has done on camera, just magnify that behavior. That is how she is when the cameras aren't around. I also agree with the sentiment that Nathan is a monster to Jace when the cameras are not around. I recall that story about the person who claimed they heard Nathan screaming and yelling at Jace. Nathan doesn't even give two shits about his own bio child. Why the fuck would he care and love Jace?

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

I'm kicking myself for not noticing Leah's cigarette.  Just when I didn't think I could find her any more repulsive, she goes and proves to be a smoker.  I'm sad for her girls, if they are subjected to the smoke.

Finally finished the episode.  Not surprisingly it was mostly a bore, except for the Leah bits and the Jenelle is  abusive scum bits.  I really fear for Jenelle's poor little Kaiser after seeing how angry she was with those poor dogs.  If dog's are too hard for her, who will she handle a crying, needy infant? I see her doing the bare minimum with the newborn and not giving him the fraction of the attention and holding he needs. Which will get even worse when useless douche Nathan either gets put away for a long time or ditches them altogether. I felt really sad to see poor little Jace's sad face as he looked at the dogs, almost like he was thinking that could be me. I hope someone 'kidnaps' those dogs for real next time and gets away with it. 

Leah is truly a manipulator. I know someone very much like her and this person would pull similar stunts as she did in the car with Jeremy: When confronted with some hard truths, they turn it on the other person in such a way that it is hard for the other person (who is usually trying to be reasonable) to defend themselves. Whining about Jeremy being controlling is classic deflecting behavior. If he was so controlling, why would Leah be allowed to make herself up like a clown? To have a part time job? To leave her kids with her 50 million willing relations and meet up with her girls all the time? I'm no professional, but I wonder if Leah may have a high dose of Narcissism or BPD. She reminds me of some people I know he show signs of both. Whatever it is, Leah better fight to keep Jeremy because I doubt she will be able to trade up next time with her every fading looks and selfish, needy non-personality.

I just had a thought: Do Leah and Jeremy ever think about the effect their fights have on little Ali? According to them, most of their financial problems are directly related to Ali's illness. Medical bills, wheelchairs, the need for a handicap accessible house etc. Do they not consider the fact that Ali is internalizing all this information and might begin to feel she's a burden to her family? These people truly suck.

I still think it's weird that this necessary house can range from a  2 bedroom apartment to a ranch with horses and a pool all within a few episodes.

Edited by NikSac

I still think it's weird that this necessary house can range from a  2 bedroom apartment to a ranch with horses and a pool all within a few episodes.

I'm kind of thinking, all things considered, that perhaps financially it's a necessity to downsize to that 2-bedroom apartment.

After hearing about Leah's spending habits just in last night's episode, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she pisses through the Teen Mom money as soon as she gets her hands on it.  

I think somewhere in Jeremy's conversation with her last night that he mentioned they were supposed to be holding money back to pay taxes, etc....At least one of them is trying to be practical and plan ahead.

And yet there's Leah, spending apparently up to thousands of dollars on useless Mary Kay products for her "business."

Yeah, I'm thinking in spite of Jeremy's reportedly very decent income and the Teen Mom money, these two may very well be on the fast track to bankruptcy.  

I think since Robbie isn't in the picture, Leah is filling her emotional void with trinkets and bobbles and higher-end purchases and the ripple effect is really starting to impact their finances.  

Edited by Persnickety1
I'm kicking myself for not noticing Leah's cigarette.  Just when I didn't think I could find her any more repulsive, she goes and proves to be a smoker.  I'm sad for her girls, if they are subjected to the smoke.

If she was seen smoking in the car, that bothers me. My husband and I both used to smoke. I quit before we had our first, but he just recently quit with help of an e-cigarette. Anyhow, he never smoked in the house or in the vehicles - even if the kids weren't in them. Because that smoke will get into the fabric and it's just nasty. But if she's smoking in their vehicle, there's a chance she smokes in it while they're in there. I don't know....I don't want to make judgements on stuff we haven't seen and I don't think being a smoker makes you a bad parent. But if she doesn't care about drowning them in Cheeto dust and jacking them up on Mountain Dew, I don't know if she'd think too much about second and third hand smoke. 

• Love 3

When Jeremy's earnings were first mentioned by Leah to the media, I laughed. Not at the fact he earned a lot, but at the fact that Leah's attitude seemed to express she was living like a queen, except she didn't seem the type to think about the tax problems they would encounter. First of all,  Kail had tax problems, and then I read Jenelle also had tax issues. Jenelle's mother even mentioned Jenelle needing to pay her taxes in one episode last season.  It was only a matter of time before Leah would suffer the same fate. They earn this absurd amount of money for doing nothing, and Jeremy works his ass off, I am sure. Uncle Sam doesn't care how you earn it, he just wants his cut.

In last night's episode, Jeremy - before he was cut off by Leah - mentioned how they had put off paying their taxes for almost a year. I am certain that is what he said. I will assume they asked to have an extension on paying their taxes. Jeremy was livid. I can't blame him. He is now finding out his wife is not forth-coming with her spending.

Why the need for a washer and dryer for an apartment? Why not get the washer and dryer repaired? I agreed with Jeremy when he said that the dryer probably needs to just be cleaned out. I was told long ago by a dryer repairman that if I cleaned out the vent periodically, my dryer will work longer and I will also prevent a fire. He was right. I followed his instructions after I bought a new dryer five years ago - for $599 Leah!! - and I have not had any issues whatsoever.

I am now laughing at the fact Leah and Jeremy are moving into an apartment when just last season there was all that talk by Leah about moving to a farm with horses and a pool. Oh my. How quickly they fall.

Leah is one of those people who is trying to keep up with the Joneses.

Leah smoking - There was an article out a couple of years ago mentioning Leah and Catelynn's smoking habit and why was MTV not showing them smoking, in light of the fact they show Jenelle in all her ugly glory with her drug use. 

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 2
But if she doesn't care about drowning them in Cheeto dust and jacking them up on Mountain Dew, I don't know if she'd think too much about second and third hand smoke.

Drownding....

• Love 6

Oh, this was a jam-packed little hour of viewing, was it not?

Leah, Leah, Leah...That wheel is spinning like but that hamster is dead. She clearly fell for the oldest ruse in the book with her MLM Mary Kay purchase. She blew (and yes I mean blew) $1800 on Mary Kay products so she can resell them and make $3600? This is her new self-appointed career. For those who don't know, Mary Kay is notorious for pressuring and strong-arming their "consultants" into buying hundreds and even thousands of dollars of "start-up" inventory....Most of which ends up for sale at deeply-discounted prices on Ebay because the consultant can't unload them.

Leah, word of advice...Find a house with either an extra garage or a huge basement. You're going to need the storage room for all of that product you're amassing that you will NOT be able to sell. And while you're at it, google The Pink Truth and check out that forum full of MK horror stories from gullible women just like yourself who invested in that "career" and went bankrupt trying to keep up appearances with Mary Kay. Oh, and you might want to think about the fact that you don't need to wear every single freaking product on your face at the same time. Seriously.

And goddess forbid you just call a repair service for the washer and dryer you have. And Jeremy's right. Household appliances tend to revolt when you try to take a short-cut and grossly overload it beyond capacity.

Oh, and Leah? Yeah, saw your pack of cigarettes in your lap in the car and the one burning in your hand that you were trying to hide. Another word of advice...If MTV doesn't want to show you smoking or you don't want to be seen smoking, put the thing out BEFORE you get into the car with the camera running. I couldn't figure out if she was upset more at Jeremy who was lecturing her OR that the cigarette was burning her fingers. OUCH.

Jenelle, Jenelle, Jenelle...Well, no words needed here. Clearly her solution to anything that presents an inconvenience to her is "set free." Child or pet. Except a man...she hangs onto them no matter how fucking badly they behave. Hopeless doesn't even begin to describe it.

Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelsea....SSDD with our girl Chelsea. I do hope Randy is immortal because I don't see any way this woman will be able to function without him.

Kailyn, Kailyn, Kailyn....Again, SSDD, nothing to see here, folks. Kailyn has issues and Javi is going to pay. Every time I see her the old Offspring song runs through my head.

What is SSDD?

If she was seen smoking in the car, that bothers me.

Then it will burn you up to know she smoked while pregnant.

Maharincess - SSDD means Same shit, different day.

I agree, SSDD.

Edited by SPLAIN

Is anybody still buying Mary Kay?? Every woman I know has a cosmetic bag littered with MAC products. On any given day the MAC kiosk is flooded w teens.

After her mom and 16 cousins, who is she gonna sell that shit to?

Not to mention the monthly deliveries from birchbox, ipsy, and other monthly deliveries you can get for only 10 dollars.  Why buy from Mary Kay?

• Love 1

My thoughts .....

Kail? Ain't got nothin' bad to say about her part except I think her color was too brassy, as someone else noted earlier. Even her "Shut up, Javi" she was laughing and so was he - I think that is actually an improvement for her when she is annoyed or angry with him. I thought she was wanting him to bring Lincoln to the salon so she could feed him BEFORE she went out to dinner with friends. But she ended up dragging him along, which seemed a little staged. At the worst, put dinner back 30 min while she fed him at Javi's parents and then she could go and enjoy a no-baby meal with friends? So I don't blame her for being annoyed with Javi for not listening to her - my husband does the same thing. He jokes it is a signal-to-noise problem. If I didn't talk so much, he'd hear the important things. I also had no problem with them living it up some. When you're strapped to a baby 24/7, you really do need some time away and they seemed to be having fun. (OK....a little snark ..... it seems like she considers herself the parenting expert amongst her friends and talks a little too authoritatively. Comes across as a know-it-all and it would grate on my nerves if I hung out with her.)

Jenelle - piece of crap. I was able to handle having 3 dogs and 0, 1, and 2 kids and also managing a full-time job. And my kids actually LIVED with me!   Some of these people really have NO coping skills and I don't think it is just the age and immaturity. My nephew became a father as a teenager and he wasn't like that - incapable of managing basic things like caring for a pet. I really was sure that poor husky would bite her out of fear. You can tell he was afraid of her.  And what is with that torn up chaise lounge in the garage? Is that for the dogs to tear up?  If so, if you ENCOURAGE them to chew up furniture, how could they ever be moved inside?  And why aren't they inside? Didn't we see Nathan being OCD-ish when they first moved in and he couldn't handle the dogs messing in the house?  As someone else mentioned, this is NOT crate training. Crate training is not using the crate as a place to punish the dogs. I have crate trained dogs and they look at it as their safe place - they'll voluntarily go in there when the door is open. It's their "den."

Leah.....SMDH - Do they not have appliance repair businesses in the holler? What kind of broke people automatically go to a $3K appliance when one says the old one doesn't work? I've had a new heating element changed in a dryer for about $125. Could have saved them $2800 if that is all it was. About the apt - I thought Leah said they wanted to do that to save money for a house and also to give them time to find a house to buy that was more accessible for Ali. They didn't want to rush to buy any house since they just sold their house and had to be out quickly. Maybe not, though, because that sounds sensible and reasonable.

Chelsea? Gave her some props last week saying I didn't think Aubree was a brat but she really needs to step up on the discipline. Why count if you're going to say "please" at the end? Aubree knows that's what she's going to do, too.  That's when you say "1, 2, 3" and you get off the phone and put her in timeout or something. And, yes. Randy needs to cut the cord.

• Love 1

I forgot to mention, I am in agreement with the poster who mentioned how Leah's kids make all kinds of noise and rather than try to quiet the kids, she herself makes the same noise. This is not the first time the girlses have been disruptive and loud while out eating. It got me to thinking of the restaurant here in our state that recently made headlines because the owner has noted he will not tolerate noisy children and has pretty much banned children under the age of 12 from his establishment. He has been in business for a very long time. I visited that restaurant and I applaud his efforts. I don't see it as children being banned, but banning the disruption that occurs when parents don't do anything to keep their children in line. Leah is that parent! I cannot stand when a parent allows their children to be loud and disruptive in a restaurant. They sit there and just allow it to go on. Leah irked me with her lack of parenting skills in that scene.

• Love 4

The kindest thing Janelle did was let those dogs go, hopefully to a better life, if they don't get hit by a car. I shudder to think how she would have acted if the cameras weren't there. Although, back when she was on heroin, she let them film some guy (Keefer, I think) humping her while she was nodding off so maybe she doesn't censor herself around the cameras.

It was nice to see Kail recognize that she liked Vee once she got to know her but she treats Javi like shit! Maybe after he's gone for awhile she'll appreciate him more. I think Kail could be a decent person but she was basically raised by wolves and has to do some work on herself in order to unlearn a lot of her negative and rude behaviors.

NikSac, thank you! I think I'm going to have a t-shirt made up with "jellus hater for realz."

It disappointed me that Kail's friends came off as unsupportive when she breastfed at the restaurant. It's amazing how in our sex obsessed culture a woman feeding her child is seen (by some) as dirty and scandalous.

So Leah spends frivolously, lives beyond her means and smoked while pregnant. She's the Appalachian version of Kim Zolciak. With the plastic weave to match!

• Love 4

NikSac, thank you! I think I'm going to have a t-shirt made up with "jellus hater for realz."

It disappointed me that Kail's friends came off as unsupportive when she breastfed at the restaurant. It's amazing how in our sex obsessed culture a woman feeding her child is seen (by some) as dirty and scandalous.

So Leah spends frivolously, lives beyond her means and smoked while pregnant. She's the Appalachian version of Kim Zolciak. With the plastic weave to match!

You win the internetz for the day with that little zinger, LOL!

• Love 1

The kindest thing Janelle did was let those dogs go, hopefully to a better life, if they don't get hit by a car. I shudder to think how she would have acted if the cameras weren't there.

Yeah right up until she tied them to a tree!  One of them anyway... maybe the other one escaped.