Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Doomcoming

• Start Topic

Hopefully nobody reads this before watching the episode...

We were right about Jeff being the blackmailer. The only ones I like are young Natalie, Javi, Travis and Coach. The rest of them I am having a hard time rooting for but I am interested in the storylines.

I did laugh when Misty's eyes lit up at the thought of getting rid of a body.and at Jeff's "what? there's no book club?".

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Like 1
  • Love 20

That was bonkers and it didn't let up! Shauna stabbing and killing Adam! Jeff being the blackmailer (and being shocked that there's no book club)! Taissa and Van coming out to everyone! Misty getting everyone high on shrooms! Jackie and Travis having sex! Lottie and the others going full feral and almost slitting Travis's throat! Coach yelling to Misty, his mom, his dad, God, and all his furry forest friends that he's GAY GAY GAY! Misty being delighted about the girls needing her to get rid of a body! If this is the penultimate episode, what's gonna happen in the finale?

Lottie's getting kind of scary, isn't she?

I liked that none of the girls assumed Nat and Coach Ben were hooking up when they went off together, just that they were friends. It shows they think highly of both of them.

Jessica is playing with fire trying to make Misty think they're friends. That's definitely Misty's weak spot (as we see at the end of the episode when Nat's apology clearly means a lot to her), but she's not an idiot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Adam seems to have turned out to be just as he seemed, and that’s what I expected. All the other theories were ridiculous, IMO. And Jackie is exactly the type I’ve always hated, and I pegged her as a wannabe sorority bitch from episode 1. As soon as she leaned into Travis last week as the plane exploded, i knew how the others were going to react.  On the fun side, there were a few hilarious moments.

• Love 10

Wow from beginning to end.

The mushrooms go a long way to explain why a girls' soccer team could turn into a cannibalistic tribe.  Their minds were already fucked up and  schrooms can definitely send you down to a bad place when that's the case.

This show has been great so far but I don't know if I'm going to be able to watch four more seasons of them murdering each other.  The guys in the Andes only ate people who were already dead.

All the actors are doing great, but IMO Melanie Lynskey is really great ( I avoided writing "killing it").  She has the best performance in "Don't Look Up" as well.  Shauna's face was like "oh well" when she killed Adam.  

• Applause 2
  • Love 20
41 minutes ago, yellowjacket said:

All the actors are doing great, but IMO Melanie Lynskey is really great ( I avoided writing "killing it").  She has the best performance in "Don't Look Up" as well.  Shauna's face was like "oh well" when she killed Adam.  

It's crazy how unbothered the women were, not only standing around a dead body, but with the fact that their teammate just stabbed someone. I know they're all carrying trauma, but damn. 

Jeff willing to fall on the sword for Shauna was cute, but he would've cracked like an egg during interrogation and Shauna knew it. Framing Adam as the blackmailer was a convenient out, as messed up as it was (not to mention defrauding Nat out of 50k). 

Is anyone else worried for Javi? I don't think he's going to last much longer. He seemed so vulnerable during the mushroom trip scenes. 

I'm thinking Lottie is both AQ and pit girl. Without Laura Lee to put a positive spin on her visions, I think she'll cross fully to the dark side. She was downright scary last night. 

I'm loving the friendship between Nat and Coach Scott, mainly because it's rare to see male/female relationships on tv that aren't fraught with sexual tension. 

I wonder if the finale will mark the point where the survivors officially split into groups? 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12
40 minutes ago, yellowjacket said:

Wow from beginning to end.

The mushrooms go a long way to explain why a girls' soccer team could turn into a cannibalistic tribe.  Their minds were already fucked up and  schrooms can definitely send you down to a bad place when that's the case.

This show has been great so far but I don't know if I'm going to be able to watch four more seasons of them murdering each other.  The guys in the Andes only ate people who were already dead.

Unless I missed it did they kill or eat anyone in that episode?  I guess you are assuming that in future episodes they eat mushrooms again and become cannibals? I have been assuming that the cannibalism starts when they run out of food and people start dying.

• Love 5

That episode!

I screamed when Shauna stabbed Adam. I didn’t see that coming. Also massive lol at Adam being nothing. 

I’m glad Jeff was the blackmailer since it just made the most sense. I’m actually starting to really like the Shauna/Jeff relationship. Their scenes were hilarious and somehow heartwarming.

I too am worried for Javi, @BitterApple. I think he’s gonna be the first to die/be killed.

There has to be more to it than just cannibalism based on Misty’s face when Jessica was talking about it, the mention of the Andes group, and just because of Iike everything lol. It seems pretty obvious that they started killing each other to eat. It might be too obvious but so far the other mysteries have just been obvious and simple.

Some of them, like Lottie, Jackie, Shauna, Misty, I don’t have a hard time believing they’d go that far but I can’t imagine Nat or even Tai getting to that point. 

• Love 10

What a wild ride that was. Jeff is an idiot. Having a failing business is not nearly on the same plane as being stranded in the wilderness for 18 months as a teenager and all that entailed, my guy, as far things you may want to discuss with your spouse. That said, Adam getting dead did bring the ladies together which I'm here for. 

I knew Travis was going to be okay but that was still very tense. Damn that got scary real fast. 

Since I'm presuming dumbass Jeff didn't set up candles in the shape of the symbol under where Travis' body was found, that mystery is still open. Maybe we'll find out who drained his account as a cliffhanger. 

Loved seeing the Caboodle. Memories... I did laugh at everyone knowing all the lyrics to Kiss from a Rose cuz I still mumble through some of them. And thinking it was "grave" not "grey."

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That episode!

I screamed when Shauna stabbed Adam. I didn’t see that coming. 

I didn't either! When last week's preview showed Shauna telling Tai she "had him," I figured Shauna knocked Adam out, tied him up and was gonna torture him to get answers. That was a jaw-dropping cold open. 

Like you, I'm glad Jeff was the blackmailer. People on other forums were saying it was a huge letdown but I disagree. Sometimes the most common sense answer is the best. His financial troubles have been well documented since the pilot, and he's sorta dumb, so being indebted to sketchy guys wasn't far-fetched. Randy Walsh being in on it though? I didn't see that coming.

One question with regards to young Misty. Was the medicinal plant guide something she found in Dead Guy's cabin? I can't imagine she or any of the other girls would randomly bring that for the trip. 

• Love 9

Whoa, was not expecting all that with the almost orgy turned hunt. I guess hunger and ‘shrooms contributed to mass psychosis.

Jackie became  into a nihilist real quick since the previous episode. 
I loved all the dresses the girls wore. 

They still have a lot to cover baiting us with “what happened in the woods” and good to know there was at least one book published about the girls.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Dminches said:

Unless I missed it did they kill or eat anyone in that episode?  I guess you are assuming that in future episodes they eat mushrooms again and become cannibals? I have been assuming that the cannibalism starts when they run out of food and people start dying.

Agreed!

• Love 1

He really was dumb enough to blackmail her friends, and then buy her something expensive.  And Adam was a real red herring, who just liked her. 

So, Travis was basically assaulted. He didn’t belong to any of them.  That was really scary, even though we know that he made it out of there alive, before we saw this.  

I like the friendship between Coach and Natalie.   Misty didn’t hurt him, right? 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 14
10 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Adam seems to have turned out to be just as he seemed, and that’s what I expected. All the other theories were ridiculous, IMO. And Jackie is exactly the type I’ve always hated, and I pegged her as a wannabe sorority bitch from episode 1. As soon as she leaned into Travis last week as the plane exploded, i knew how the others were going to react.  On the fun side, there were a few hilarious moments.

That’s the whole point of red herrings, though.  That’s why I don’t put a lot of stock into anything, and just wait to see what happens.  Writers have also been known to change their minds as things progress.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Dminches said:

I was thinking as I watched, that they might use them again, whenever they hunt someone. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Anela said:

I was thinking as I watched, that they might use them again, whenever they hunt someone. 

Liquid courage.

I'm having a hard time with this episode, so I'll just say what I liked.

Teen Misty has her own Young Poisoner's Handbook. 1995 movie, not the PBS doc

Coach finally coming out to the universe along with Van and Tai.

Everything about Jeff.

Celebrities are always worried that super fans will kill them. Not this time.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Randy Walsh being in on it though? I didn't see that coming.

Ah, me either! I'm interested if anything more happens with that. Randy is the kinda gross guy that liked Shauna as a teen right and that she as an adult saw at the hotel Natalie is staying at?

One question with regards to young Misty. Was the medicinal plant guide something she found in Dead Guy's cabin? I can't imagine she or any of the other girls would randomly bring that for the trip. 

Her binder seemed full of different 'medicinal plants' that I guess she's found in the woods and is keeping hidden until she needs to help or kill anyone lol.

2 hours ago, Anela said:

I like the friendship between Coach and Natalie.   Misty didn’t hurt him, right? 

I thought she might kill him so I'm interested to see what happens with regards to that next ep.

20 minutes ago, BeatrixK said:

I do NOT expect belly laughs from Yellowjackets, but 'You mean there's no book club?'  just cracked my shit up!

Right! The Jeff actor was so good in this episode.

I forgot to mention Shauna's little "I trusted him" cry thing she did when Natalie was kinda yelling at her and how she immediately stopped crying. I can't decide whether that was bad editing, bad acting, or further proof that Shauna really doesn't give a fuck and basically has no humanity/morals left. I'm going with the latter. I'm trying to decide whether I think the experience in the woods made her this way or if she was always this way deep down and for now I'm going with the latter again. I found Shauna kinda boring before but she's becoming more interesting to me.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I forgot to mention Shauna's little "I trusted him" cry thing she did when Natalie was kinda yelling at her and how she immediately stopped crying. I can't decide whether that was bad editing, bad acting, or further proof that Shauna really doesn't give a fuck and basically has no humanity/morals left. I'm going with the latter. I'm trying to decide whether I think the experience in the woods made her this way or if she was always this way deep down and for now I'm going with the latter again. I found Shauna kinda boring before but she's becoming more interesting to me.

She did the same thing to her daughter last episode when confronted with Adam's license. It also bothers me that Jeff has said twice he loves Shauna, but she's never said it back to him.

• Love 12

31 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

She did the same thing to her daughter last episode when confronted with Adam's license. It also bothers me that Jeff has said twice he loves Shauna, but she's never said it back to him.

She did the same thing when they were teens though, didn't she? She made him say it during sex but I don't remember her saying it back.

Edited by Ailianna
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
47 minutes ago, WaltersHair said:

It also bothers me that Jeff has said twice he loves Shauna, but she's never said it back to him.

I’ve taken note of that as well. I feel kinda bad for Jeff. I think he really does love Shauna but she obviously doesn’t give a fuck about him. He shouldn’t take it personally though, she doesn’t seem to really care about anyone lol.

Did anyone notice what all Shauna saw when she was having flashbacks after stabbing Adam? It went by so fast, I couldn’t really make anything out.

I keep seeing mentions on Reddit of Adam having a tattoo. What was that tattoo? I do think it’s possible there’s still more to come with Adam. 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I’ve taken note of that as well. I feel kinda bad for Jeff. I think he really does love Shauna but she obviously doesn’t give a fuck about him. He shouldn’t take it personally though, she doesn’t seem to really care about anyone lol.

Did anyone notice what all Shauna saw when she was having flashbacks after stabbing Adam? It went by so fast, I couldn’t really make anything out.

I keep seeing mentions on Reddit of Adam having a tattoo. What was that tattoo? I do think it’s possible there’s still more to come with Adam. 

Someone on Reddit captured the screen shots of the flashback. I'll find it and post it in Hive Mind because a couple of the shots look like they're from next week's episode.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Anela said:

That’s the whole point of red herrings, though.  That’s why I don’t put a lot of stock into anything, and just wait to see what happens.  Writers have also been known to change their minds as things progress.  

It made ZERO sense for Adam to be Javi, so I just chuckled at the whole thing. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, WaltersHair said:

Shauna believed that Jeff was having an affair, so she would also believe that Jeff was lying when he said he loved her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

I knew Travis was going to be okay but that was still very tense. Damn that got scary real fast. 

That's another reason why I don't like that the show has the present day stories: spoilers. We already know that certain characters won't die because they are alive in the present (or were alive in the present in the case of Travis). It takes the tension out of scenes like that.

• Love 3

Except for the blackmailing her friends thing, Jeff actually turned out to be a pretty decent husband.  1) Not cheating.  2) Stood up for Shauna against Jackie's parents. 3) Willing to fall on his sword to take the blame for Shauna's murder.  4) Seemed genuinely hurt to discover Shauna had been cheating on him.  

So what was in Adam's drawer that convinced Shauna he was the blackmailer?  It appeared to be one of the journals, but apparently was not.  Then, did Jeff remove the journals from the safe and then return them later?  What was the point of that?  Didn't he say that he had read them years ago? 

All things considered, I didn't think Van's face looked that bad. 

What were the white strips that were hanging from the trees for the Doomcoming dance?  Looked like toilet paper.  Surely, they would not be wasting that precious commodity. 

I seriously fear for Coach now that Misty knows he is not attracted to her.   I don't think he's long for the show. 

Season finale seems perfect time to introduce another adult survivor.  My money's on Jackie making an appearance in the final scene of the reunion epsiode. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Bulldog said:

So what was in Adam's drawer that convinced Shauna he was the blackmailer?  It appeared to be one of the journals, but apparently was not.  Then, did Jeff remove the journals from the safe and then return them later?  What was the point of that?  Didn't he say that he had read them years ago? 

Adam had magazines with articles about the Yellowjackets when he had previously said that he didn't know who Shauna was.

And Jeff probably took the journals out of the safe to refresh his memory. If he read them years ago he probably forgot many of the details. At least that's what happens to me when I reread a book or rewatch a movie or tv series that I haven''t read or watched for a long time. There are always things that I had completely forgotten or remembered wrong.

• Love 8

Jeff is a really nice husband. Not very bright, but very nice.

It makes me so happy that Travis loved Natalie.

Jackie was so nice to Misty while helping her with her makeup for the Doomcoming. I guess because she doesn’t consider her a threat.

That binder looked like it was Misty’s. Maybe she did sabotage the flight?

Ben is great. Why can’t he survive?

Natalie shatters the vending machine glass and takes only the peanut M&Ms she paid for. Hee!

Why was Shauna so aggressive with Travis but advised Javi to run?

• Love 17

The guys in the Andes only ate people who were already dead.

To be fair, that was a different climate- the bodies froze immediately so were preserved and could be pulled out later and eaten after the survivors worked up the nerve.
Until it turns to winter these girls are in a more temperate climate and the dead would be inedible fairly quickly- if and when they decide on a meal they'll have to do things a bit differently .

I forgot to mention Shauna's little "I trusted him" cry thing she did when Natalie was kinda yelling at her and how she immediately stopped crying. I can't decide whether that was bad editing, bad acting, or further proof that Shauna really doesn't give a fuck and basically has no humanity/morals left.

I think it was manipulative crying, yes, but I wouldn't go as far as "no humanity or morals left." I think she has them, they are just skewed and malleable. 

I'm trying to decide whether I think the experience in the woods made her this way or if she was always this way deep down and for now I'm going with the latter again.

On this one I wouldn't think it this black and white- nothing is behaviorally.  Her genetics and childhood gave her various qualities that were of course severely influenced by 18 months of trauma and witnessing all she witnessed as well as participated in. Any perfectly fine person would have been affected by that, but that it took place during their very formative years means it took a bigger bite out of them.  

I loved how they all told Taissa she looked like a tree and we saw her scratching around in the dirt, too.

Edited by Pestilentia
  • LOL 2
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, Bulldog said:

So what was in Adam's drawer that convinced Shauna he was the blackmailer? 

It seemed to be a published book about the Yellowjackets saga. Shauna took it to mean that he had been researching her.

Edited by Dminches
  • Love 8

Poor Misty,  You little psycho.  Just looking for someone to love/need you.  Unfortunately you really are a little psycho so not above drugging them and holding them hostage.   I still think Misty is the unintended comedy of the show.  "I am so glad I kidnapped you before the reunion."

Even though the blackmailer was fairly obvious I do like when shows write into what makes sense and Jeff being the blackmailer does make sense.  People look too much for "Shock value" for shock sake and sometimes the better story is that Jeff needing money just had what he thought was a convient way to get it and the unintended  consequences  was that Shauna ended up killing a guy because Adam triggered all of Shauna's trauma in that one moment.   Trauma that has been building in her for years.  Isn't her daughter about the age she was when the plane crashed?   So even that is probably triggering her. 

Travis's killer is still open for debate and probably one of the mysteries we will find out in the finale.   Because I doubt it was Jeff.  And yeah I love what blows his mind isn't that Shauna killed someone but that there isn't a book club.

And yeah the shrooms thing went from a pleasant high to out of control real fast.   We know Travis doesn't get killed but I was pretty sure that the group would kill Jackie.    

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, Bulldog said:

Yea, it was totally fine. I can't decide if we're supposed to read into how easily and quickly Ben and Van healed or if we're just supposed to be like 'it's TV lol.'

7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Natalie shatters the vending machine glass and takes only the peanut M&Ms she paid for. Hee!

Honestly, that was my second fave scene of the episode. Jeff's 'There's no book club?!' freak-out being #1, of course.

58 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

Travis's killer is still open for debate and probably one of the mysteries we will find out in the finale.  

That's literally the only really question left so I'm not sure they'll answer it yet. They need stuff for that 5 season plan they have lol. But I guess they could answer that and just introduce a few more mysteries in the finale.

• Love 10

I'm trying to decide whether I think the experience in the woods made her this way or if she was always this way deep down

Trauma doesn’t create character; it reveals character.

the shrooms thing went from a pleasant high to out of control real fast.  

I’m guessing it escalated when they mixed in the homemade booze; god only knows the proof of that batch.

Good episode, as mentioned, lots happened, some funny bits, some reveals. A good episode 9.

• Love 8

So much for Adam being Javi. Speaking of the latter, I'm worried he's going to turn into wolf chow. All the girls just left him lying on the ground when they ran back to the cabin to find Jackie and Travis. And there were wolves howling in the distance.

So what was in Adam's drawer that convinced Shauna he was the blackmailer?

It appeared to be a book about the survivors - I caught "unauthorized biography" on the jacket.

Yeah, I'm calling BS on that. Her face wasn't just cut, it looked like it had a chunk torn out of hit, which is how you could see her teeth through the side of her face. She should have more than just a lightning bolt shaped scar on her cheek - assuming she would survive that at all, which I still find a stretch.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Dminches said:

Why was Shauna so aggressive with Travis but advised Javi to run?

I'm also not sure if that instruction was aggressive or if she was trying to help him. She was already hesitating skewering Travis - his face kept fading in and out with the deer's and you could see her starting to get confused, but then the whole group went into hunt mode. 

The more I think about what Jeff did, the more I'm pissed at him. Those postcards led to Taissa's trauma resurfacing, endangering her child, and will likely end in her marriage ending. But then Taissa hiring a PI has led to Misty kidnapping said PI. And, of course, Adam's dead dead. What a mess. 

ETA: And Biscuit! I forgot about Biscuit. Way to go, Jeff!

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

The more I think about what Jeff did, the more I'm pissed at him. Those postcards led to Taissa's trauma resurfacing, endangering her child, and will likely end in her marriage ending. But then Taissa hiring a PI has led to Misty kidnapping said PI. And, of course, Adam's dead dead. What a mess. 

I agree. Jeff being an idiot set a lot of bad shit in motion, much like Misty destroying the black box. If the furniture store was already being crushed by online competitors, the 50k wasn't going to save it. At most, it would buy him time. What's even more messed up is Shauna now knows the blackmail had nothing to do with Travis, but Nat is believing Adam was involved and took his secrets to the grave. That can't be good for an addict who's already spiraling and teetering on the edge. 

I also think Tai hiring Jessica led to Travis' death. Jessica's visit triggered something. Either it encouraged Travis to do some digging, or maybe he caved and was willing to talk. I'd hope Tai wouldn't put a hit on him to win a stupid State Senate campaign, but she's pretty ruthless. Her competitive nature got the better of her when she was supposed to drop out, so who knows...

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Bulldog said:

But we were seeing her through the eyes of Tai, who loved her and was tripping on mushrooms. Those 2 conditions can totally distort one's vision.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I'm also not sure if that instruction was aggressive or if she was trying to help him. She was already hesitating skewering Travis - his face kept fading in and out with the deer's and you could see her starting to get confused, but then the whole group went into hunt mode. 

ETA: And Biscuit! I forgot about Biscuit. Way to go, Jeff!

That wasn’t my quote you referenced.  I was responding to someone else.

So Shauna showed Nat & Tai the bag used for the blackmail money and said she'd found it Adam's closet. But didn't they already find that bag in trash dumped by the blackmailer (Jeff)?

How did no one not notice the videocamera on Adam's nightstand?  One of the first things they should've done is swept the apartment for other cameras/bugs, especially after Nat's recent experience with Misty.

25 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Yeah, I'm calling BS on that. Her face wasn't just cut, it looked like it had a chunk torn out of hit, which is how you could see her teeth through the side of her face. She should have more than just a lightning bolt shaped scar on her cheek - assuming she would survive that at all, which I still find a stretch.

This, no way she'd have been able to eat enough to stay alive and avoid infection. 

Since they're seemingly a ton of wolves in the area, why wouldn't they lay out some bait and hunt them?  Also wondering if Jackie's moment of kindness with Misty will come back to benefit her in some way.

So who all was included in the frenzied chasing of Travis?  Lottie, Shauna?  Were Tai & Van there too or was that when they were off hooking up? Jackie was locked in pantry.  Nat was with Coach and Misty was spying on them.  So who were the others?

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

It takes the tension out of scenes like that.

Counter point: no it didn't take the tension out of the scene, because tension isn't just about plot, that was wild intense scene regardless of whether he was going to live or die.

It did make me wonder , again, how these three guys were picked off/absorbed into those who survived and it's hard to sus if young Nat was totally opposed to everything going down at the time why she remains unified with Tai/Shauna in the present. Maybe she loses it when she finds out about him and Jackie, it's just weird if some of the girls who came back didn't actually do the murdering/eating then why they are protecting those who did? It's why I'm still not buying there is any real break into two formal factions, surviving, fighting as separate tribes. I get being a team, but c'mon!

Until it turns to winter these girls are in a more temperate climate and the dead would be inedible fairly quickly-

If feel bad that this made me laugh. I do hope they don't turn to this before things get really fucking dire though, so it would be winter and they could keep it relatively safe. Also maybe they made Jackie JERKY. I'm sorry that's wrong. 

This was such a wild episode, and so fun to watch I can forgive that not all that much happened after that uh killer cold open (at least in terms of the various subplot questions even Adam wasn't really resolved). I am  also wondering if Jeff actually sent the post cards because if he didn't it's still weird Shauna was left out, and weird he included Misty, who he didn't mention at all and who they all seemed to ignore post rescue probably because it was all her fault.

• Love 7

I may have to rewatch, did Jeff confirm that he sent the postcards (and not just the texts)?

Yes, he confirmed he sent the postcards. The strange thing is that he clearly expected Taissa to pay up so I don't know what the point was sending cards to Misty and Nat too.

She was already hesitating skewering Travis - his face kept fading in and out with the deer's and you could see her starting to get confused, but then the whole group went into hunt mode. 

As someone who has tripped on acid more than once, I can tell you, that wasn't a realistic portrayal. It was more along the lines of those cautionary tales whipped up by Afterschool Specials. Like anyone who does drugs automatically thinks they can fly and climbs up on the roof and jumps. The idea that Shauna was hallucinating Travis as a deer (or whatever animal she was seeing) is pretty preposterous. Maybe the fermented berry wine made the acid trip that much more intense, but I think the more likely outcome would be projectile vomiting.

This show demands a strong suspension of disbelief, I'm finding.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Dminches said:

She was high on mushrooms.  I don't think logic can be applied here.

Yep. I’ve done done some odd things just after drinking too much alcohol. Nothing like attempted rape and murder 🤣, but strange! Hallucinogenics make reality even weirder. And they consumed both. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, snarts said:

So Shauna showed Nat & Tai the bag used for the blackmail money and said she'd found it Adam's closet. But didn't they already find that bag in trash dumped by the blackmailer (Jeff)?

Excellent point.  However, these Nat and Tai have some much else going on in their lives they can’t think straight.  I would think one of them would realize that at some point.

41 minutes ago, blixie said:

Counter point: no it didn't take the tension out of the scene, because tension isn't just about plot, that was wild intense scene regardless of whether he was going to live or die.

I agree.  I still get nervous when Apollo 13 re-enters the atmosphere and there is radio silence.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Yes, he confirmed he sent the postcards. The strange thing is that he clearly expected Taissa to pay up so I don't know what the point was sending cards to Misty and Nat too.

As someone who has tripped on acid more than once, I can tell you, that wasn't a realistic portrayal. It was more along the lines of those cautionary tales whipped up by Afterschool Specials. Like anyone who does drugs automatically thinks they can fly and climbs up on the roof and jumps. The idea that Shauna was hallucinating Travis as a deer (or whatever animal she was seeing) is pretty preposterous. Maybe the fermented berry wine made the acid trip that much more intense, but I think the more likely outcome would be projectile vomiting.

This show demands a strong suspension of disbelief, I'm finding.

I’ve did acid a few times years ago, and although my experiences were nothing like theirs (although there were hallucinations), I always did it in a safe space. The one time I took it in “public” (a work party), I fled there and it turned fairly dark, and I rushed home to be alone in my apartment.  I can’t imagine what it would have been like to have taken it for the first time under those circumstances. The effect of a shared psychosis amongst them also changed the usual dynamics. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10