Type keyword(s) to search

Memory Lane: Seasons 1-5

• Start Topic

(edited)
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Geez, I watched Scary Island last night.  Kelly infuriates me, because she is extremely stupid, but has no idea how stupid she is. 

Can we assume Gilles is also an idiot?

Kind of surprised this didn't get any ink but Kelly was on Jules' podcast and spilled a lot about their marriage.  She basically said she was forced to be a Stepford wife and that she didn't recognize herself in the mirror anymore because he insisted she be blonde and wear modest clothing ("bleach and turtlenecks") etc.  It's clear she considered it at least an emotionally abusive marriage. Had it been anyone else's podcast she would have dropped more gems but Jules is a complete airhead and Kelly was the one to actually steer the interview back into focus after interruptions and ADD tangents. 

She also tells a crazy story about dating a guy who was into beastiality... ya lol. 

Edited by Inspectabecky
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Inspectabecky said:

Kind of surprised this didn't get any ink but Kelly was on Jules' podcast and spilled a lot about their marriage.  She basically said she was forced to be a Stepford wife and that she didn't recognize herself in the mirror anymore because he insisted she be blonde and wear modest clothing ("bleach and turtlenecks") etc.  It's clear she considered it at least an emotionally abusive marriage. Had it been anyone else's podcast she would have dropped more gems but Jules is a complete airhead and Kelly was the one to actually steer the interview back into focus after interruptions and ADD tangents. 

She also tells a crazy story about dating a guy who was into beastiality... ya lol. 

Just from Gilles' very limited scenes with the young models he shot in the first few seasons of ANTM, he came off as a really creepy, demanding and dirty old man. The girls would often laugh it off, but he just had this pervy vibe about him that probably was one of the many reasons he wasn't featured on that show very long.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kelly fell under his spell as a very young model and simply figured she'd happily be a kept woman. But I actually give her credit for eventually getting away from him while still managing to keep the peace and not burn too many bridges along the way. She got him to take care of her and her daughters for life and still got all the contacts and opportunities he probably allowed for her along the way.

Not such a bad deal for her overall, although part of me wonders if maybe he felt like he was taking advantage of not only a much younger woman, but a much dumber/impaired person also, hence his generosity and goodwill for her since their divorce. Or maybe it's just hush-money!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Geez, thank you, Inspectabecky and Sun-Bun! I had no idea! I'm going to try to find the podcast. I definitely noticed that Gilles was creepy with that one model on ANTM (the English Rose).  

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 2

Still listening, but in the podcast Kelly says that women can be nasty, the way they go after men, instead of valuing a friendship over the pursuit of a man (paraphrasing). Wasn't Kelly one of the worst offenders in this regard?

• Love 4

Oooh I just watched the past seasons marathon this weekend on my DVR.

And Jill drove me nuts with her flipping out over the bar signage. She thought they could ALL have their brands up there, like the Step & Repeat. How many places do you need to put your name, Jillzy? To me, it made sense that bar signage was Frangelico, as they provided a shit ton of alcohol and it just makes sense to have liquor brands, not fabric brands, behind a bar.

Agreed!  That fit from Jill was nonsense.  She only took down all the Frangelico signs.  I mean duh, if you get all the liquor donated/comped it makes sense that the company would want to promote their own name.  Those signs were all custom made to fit the existing frames in the bar so it was planned well ahead of time.  Jill is a complete idiot to think that there should have been a Zarin Fabrics sign *over the bar*.  Looking back on these episodes it's so much easier to see this objectively, they were all fighting for promotion/branding opportunities.  

Re: Scary Island.  Watching this back it seems really clear that Kelly was totally going after Bethenny.  Not the other way around!  If you pay close attention, every discussion that happened over an innocuous topic, Kelly would find a way to slam Bethenny in it.  When they were on the yacht, the comments about being a hobag, being a cook not a chef, etc.  She really had it in for Bethenny.  I think the rest of the ladies were just annoyed with Kelly, she was derailing every conversation and sucking the air out of the room, this continued once they got to the house and at that final dinner they had.  And Kelly would not even eat Bethenny's food.  LOL.  Like when Kelly was on her phone and the ladies asked her to step away and take the call elsewhere, that was not bullying!  Kelly was annoying them and oblivious to how obnoxious she was being.  But Kelly took it like it was a gang up.

• Love 10

Yea, Kelly was "crazed", to put it mildly. She was definitely looking for any and every opportunity to slam Bethenny, and she wouldn't just let people talk. She kept butting in and trying to take control of every conversation. I, honestly, don't know how anyone could be friends with her in real life. 

• Love 10
22 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, Kelly was "crazed", to put it mildly. She was definitely looking for any and every opportunity to slam Bethenny, and she wouldn't just let people talk. She kept butting in and trying to take control of every conversation. I, honestly, don't know how anyone could be friends with her in real life. 

Same here. 

I also hated the way she spoke to Alex in Morocco.  She is so dismissive and condescending of others-- while spewing idiotic nonsense.  

• Love 8
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:57 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Still listening, but in the podcast Kelly says that women can be nasty, the way they go after men, instead of valuing a friendship over the pursuit of a man (paraphrasing). Wasn't Kelly one of the worst offenders in this regard?

Kelly really never had an on air love interest.  Her first season she was arrested for smacking her then boyfriend.  Bethenny made a couple of claims about Kelly flirting with her then boyfriend.  There was a polo player that apparently was dating Sonja at the same time.  I believe Sonja referred to him as her "Thursday". 

• Love 6

Isn't it funny how biased against Kelly I can be? See, I actually did believe Bethenny's version of how Kelly ignored B but focused on B's date that evening. Maybe watching her with Max influenced my opinion. It seemed as if K was just floating and glowing, when Max was affectionately talking to her. So I guess that makes me think that attention from guys is very important to her. She also become extremely child-like. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Watching Alex and Simon discuss, why Alex is not going to be in Lu's video reminded why I could never stand those two. 

Those two going on and on about wannabes and that the word class should never be spoken, and that while Alex went to high school in Kansas.... She really wasn't from Kansas. Stfu! 

Alex saying "if Lu was doing a gansta rap video, I'd be in it. I just don't like the message she is sending. "

Really Alex,  really?  

What the hell did Simon mean when his son smacked Alex on the ass, to not touch things he can't afford?  Wtf? 

Does any one know  the real story of why the other ladies opted out of the video? I don't believe for a second it was the message of the video. Sonja alone give a break, we just saw that ridiculous burlesque shit show,(not to mention what we later see as seasons go on). The bottomless costume, was incredibly embarrassing. And, considering just an episode or 2 before (I'm watching on Hulu) we watched both Ramona and Alex trying to seduce their husband's on camera, give me a break.

Saying all that. I ff through all of Lu's singing and video stuff.  I hate second hand embarrassment lol.  

I almost forgot what a bitch Ramona was to Lu about her parenting  and how wonderful Ramona's trifecta was..... Re watching,  Ramona throwing it in about all the cheating regarding Lu's marriage was disgusting. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4
(edited)

I watched the scene with Gloria comforting and adopting Beth last night. I thought Beth really responded to Gloria's kindness. I do wonder, if Beth and Jill were still friends, if Gloria would have been a positive and reassuring influence in B's life.

The benefit for cancer: I was surprised that there was no chyron identifying Kelsey Grammer.

I didn't realize the first time I watched that Lu grabs the microphone, demands that everyone quiet down, then proceeds to continue chatting afterwards!

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 2

Just rewatched Season 1-3 for the first time in years.  Jill was truly likeable until Season 3, but damn Season 3 was just awful for anyone who ever liked Jill.   Luanne was pretty bad.  Sonja was an absolute joy to watch.  Season 3 was the most sane/rational we have ever seen of Ramona.

I have said this before many times, but they really need to do a special on Scary Island.  Recently I heard Luanne comment that Kelly was just reacting to being ganged up on, but anyone who has seen those episodes can see that something else was going on with Kelly.  She was out of her mind.  I know the other woman present on Scary Island have commented that the situation was actually far worse than the footage that was aired.   Please Bravo Gods make a special happen.

• Love 8

Kelly is a fragile individual  imo, however she was being ganged on.

I liked how Sonja defended her and was the only one to show kindness at that time.

This is the biggest reason why I can't truly hate on Sonja.

• Love 2

I just watched Scary Island last night.  Imo, Kelly went after Bethenney first, called her a ho bag, told her she wasn't a chef.  I don't think Kelly was bullied.  I think she was going after Bethenney (and Alex) and people responded to that.  Their behavior was in response to her's.  Once they recognized that some sort of mental illness was happening they backed off.

• Love 10

No way was Kelly ganged up on.  She completely mischaracterized Bethany's comments about one night stands.  She went after Bethany every chance she had from being a hoe bag, not being a chef, to being creepy for going on vacation after her father's death.   Oh and claimed that Bethenny was trying to kill her and had trashed Kelly's daughters in the media.  

Sonja was not defending Kelly, but monitoring Kelly and she  really handled herself well.  But I don't know what Bethenny was supposed to do?  She'd been thru accepting the death of any kind of relationship with her dad, was pregnant, and now had a whack job gunning for her.  I think she showed a lot of restraint.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, AttackTurtle said:

Sonja was not defending Kelly, but monitoring Kelly and she  really handled herself well.  

Sonja was magnificent, imo  (and that version of her was never seen again).

• Love 16

Was there actually negative press about Kelly's daughters? Or was Kelly delusional about that, too?

Yeah, Kelly claimed that Beth was trying to kill her. I know that Kelly is often incoherent and inarticulate. But I wonder if she thinks saying,

"Beth is trying to kill me"

is the equivalent of saying, 

"I keep having these dreams in which Beth is trying to kill me"?

If anyone were to criticize her for not making the distinction, she would accuse that  person of being creepy or trying to create conflict, while she is someone who just wants to enjoy her life. 

• Love 3

Kelly not only started shit on Scary Island with Bethenny, but she was rude  to everyone else too. She kept overtaking every conversation. She wouldn't let anyone finish a thought. She interrupted and kept telling people how to act and what to think. I do believe she had some sort of break and I'm glad they all backed off, but I really do think this is kind of just her personality. She was not insane in Morocco, yet she did the same kind of thing where she wouldn't let Alex get a word in edgewise and was telling her how she really felt. She is truly exhausting.

• Love 10

My thing is :" don't kick a bitch when she is down".

Kelly was going thru something. What (I have no clue) and I believe that Sonja defended her in the sense that she prevented the others to respond more and causing K to  go down further more.

She was the first to assess the problem in a calm, kind manner and took it from there.

B and K never got along. One because K is a socialite and former model and two because she looked down on B.

Nevertheless, I agree with K that B is a cook.

I somewhat tolerated and even liked Bensimon.

• Love 3

Bethenny was going through something too. Her father had just died, and she was newly pregnant. Kelly was awful to her from jump. Honestly, I don't think the women realized just how bad Kelly was at first, because a lot of her behavior is typical of her. There were other episodes where she was talking over people and dominating everything, so I think they just thought she was being normal, narcissistic Kelly. But as the evening went on and her talk became more nonsensical, Sonja realized something else was going on and called it to everyone's attention. And they really did appear to pull back at that point. 

• Love 9

But as the evening went on and her talk became more nonsensical, Sonja realized something else was going on and called it to everyone's attention.

Those were some of the best episodes this show has ever given us.

• Love 4

Satchels of gold. Vampires in kabuki make-up (Alex). Bethenny with knives on her tongue wanting to kill Kelly. 1979. Predatory gift bags. Gummie bears and lollipops.

God, that was just amazing.

• Love 4

Johan face, Alex. Johan face. 

I have a free trial of Hulu for about 8 more days and as soon as I finish season 2 of Fargo, I'm watching RHNY from the start. We'll see how much I can get through before I have to cancel. I loved early NY!

• Love 6
On 7/1/2017 at 8:48 AM, LIMOM said:

Kelly is a fragile individual  imo, however she was being ganged on.

I liked how Sonja defended her and was the only one to show kindness at that time.

This is the biggest reason why I can't truly hate on Sonja.

I just cannot see how she was ganged up on. It seems like each time more than one gal has a problem with someone who is being a horrendous asshole it is a "gang up". No, it is more than one person thinking you are asshole. Which probably means you are an asshole. 

Kelly was the aggressor for that entire trip. It is actually shocking looking back on it all, as we have now gotten use to one or two incredible nuggets or evidence of total batshit craziness at a time. Now, to watch Scary Island and realize there were so many moments. They just kept coming, one right after the other. Each one more incredible than the last one. I remember thinking the insanity on the boat was about as good as it could ever get, but then they got to the house and it got crazier. I am not sure what was wrong with Kelly. A breakdown, drugs, or whatever. But I don't believe that it ever occurred to anyone that she was having a breakdown or an issue until they were well into it. She was always an asshole, so in the beginning it just looked like the per usual stuff. But then it just kept going and going and the realization hit that something was wrong. 

I don't remember the details, or if this is actually true, but it had been said that Bravo posted guards outside of Beth's room because of the comment Kelly had made about how terrible it would be if she had a miscarriage. I think that she was really freaking these gals out in a big way. I would love to hear all of the behind the scenes stuff about this. 

• Love 10

Johan face, Alex. Johan face. 

Cooks (not chefs!) and ho-bags.

I loved early NY!

If I had to pick my top 3 seasons, seasons 2 and 3 would be among them.

• Love 3
On 7/4/2017 at 0:07 PM, LIMOM said:

My thing is :" don't kick a bitch when she is down".

Kelly was going thru something. What (I have no clue) and I believe that Sonja defended her in the sense that she prevented the others to respond more and causing K to  go down further more.

She was the first to assess the problem in a calm, kind manner and took it from there.

B and K never got along. One because K is a socialite and former model and two because she looked down on B.

Nevertheless, I agree with K that B is a cook.

I somewhat tolerated and even liked Bensimon.

Was she going through something? I'm honestly asking because Kelly always seemed sort of rude and oblivious to me. It was ramped up during Scary Island, but I thought she was just annoyed because she didn't want to go on the trip. Was something else going on with her? I honestly  don't remember.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Was she going through something? I'm honestly asking because Kelly always seemed sort of rude and oblivious to me. It was ramped up during Scary Island, but I thought she was just annoyed because she didn't want to go on the trip. Was something else going on with her? I honestly  don't remember.

It is my belief that K is mentally ill.

She was totally disconnected with reality during the trip and there were times before that when she seemed off as well.

She had a really hard time processing conversation.

A mess.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Bethenny was going through something too. Her father had just died, and she was newly pregnant. Kelly was awful to her from jump. Honestly, I don't think the women realized just how bad Kelly was at first, because a lot of her behavior is typical of her. There were other episodes where she was talking over people and dominating everything, so I think they just thought she was being normal, narcissistic Kelly. But as the evening went on and her talk became more nonsensical, Sonja realized something else was going on and called it to everyone's attention. And they really did appear to pull back at that point. 

yes, I am not blaming B in any ways. It is just that K is really not well.

My mother was prescribed Prozac at one point of her life and she totally lost her mind. Kelly acted in a very similar manner.

Now, I am not saying that Kelly is a nice person to start with but she has issues.

• Love 3

I wouldn't say Kelly is mentally ill, she is just lacking in certain social skills. And is a snob. And needs to lay off certain substances.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I wouldn't say Kelly is mentally ill, she is just lacking in certain social skills. And is a snob. And needs to lay off certain substances.

That is exactly it. She didn't have the right social skills - or any social skills that I could see.

One of my favorite things was at the reunion. The part where Beth completely owned her was awesome, but what I really found fascinating was how she kept saying she was "made" to go on the trip by Bravo. Andy rarely talks much about production stuff, but he kept saying "that's not true". Then she would say it again. And then again. And he - as well as the others eventually - would contradict her. It was like she didn't even hear them. I didn't think she would be asked back after that. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

That is exactly it. She didn't have the right social skills - or any social skills that I could see.

One of my favorite things was at the reunion. The part where Beth completely owned her was awesome, but what I really found fascinating was how she kept saying she was "made" to go on the trip by Bravo. Andy rarely talks much about production stuff, but he kept saying "that's not true". Then she would say it again. And then again. And he - as well as the others eventually - would contradict her. It was like she didn't even hear them. I didn't think she would be asked back after that. 

At the time I floated the theory that their contracts mandate a certain number of Housewives events per season (along with other things) and Kelly was told that if she didn't go on the trip she wouldn't have enough filmable hours and would be in breach of contract releasing Bravo from its obligations to pay her. Andy viewed this as Bravo enforcing their contract and Kelly interpreted it as Bravo forcing her to go.

• Love 3

So I started re-watching from the beginning. Only one episode in, but it's funny how obnoxious and obsessed with her age Ramona was even then. She's cavorting with her girlfriends by the pool in the Hamptons, talking about pole dancing and being a MILF - right in front of Avery. The poor kid was mortified. 

Can't stand Lu and her pretentiousness. They get the new puppy, Aston, and she remarks how everyone will pitch in a bit, but most of the work will fall to Rosanna (the maid) and does that haughty laugh of hers. Yea. I bet Rosie ain't laughing. 

The editors are amazing. Every time Alex is prattling on about how important it is for kids to speak a second language, they cut to a scene of Francois demanding "English!" Bahahaha

Jill is all right so far, but I hate how pushy she can be with Ali and Bobby. The latter gave his approval for Ali to go to some therapy/camp/whatever for her arthritis and then Jill is pressuring the heck out of her to give him a hug and kiss. I just really hate people who don't respect a child's body autonomy. 

Not much of Bethenny yet. 

Ahhh, I forgot how much I loved these early seasons - of ANY RH show, really. It's so nice to see them living their individual lives and not being forced to interact (fight) with each other 9 times a season.

• Love 7

Can't stand Lu and her pretentiousness. They get the new puppy, Aston, and she remarks how everyone will pitch in a bit, but most of the work will fall to Rosanna (the maid) and does that haughty laugh of hers. Yea. I bet Rosie ain't laughing. 

I believe this is why everyone was so incredulous that she could cook.  Once Bethenny came over to teach her something and she assigned Rosie to learn and just watched.

The editors are amazing. Every time Alex is prattling on about how important it is for kids to speak a second language, they cut to a scene of Francois demanding "English!" Bahahaha

You know when Alex was just back and making the rounds I wanted Andy to ask her what Francois was called by his school chums.  Didn't we figure it would be Frank?

• Love 5
(edited)

More musings on my season one rewatch:

I forgot Ramona actually had her own business in the beginning. RMS Fashions. She bought extra clothing and accessories from manufacturers and then resold it to discount stores. I wonder what ever happened to that. 

Mario was such a lech, even from the start. In almost every scene he's ogling, sidling up to, and/or flirting with random women. At the Hampton's party he isn't even wearing his ring. Ramona gets a bit miffed, but then plays it off as if he intentionally tries to make her jealous as foreplay or something. Bahahaha, okay. 

Avery was always such a class act. Ramona is trying to push her into acting, but the girl doesn't want to miss any school. I don't know what pod Avery came out of, because I'm often shocked she's Ramona's daughter. 

Then we have Jill getting all pissed she's not invited to Ramona's cooking class party. Well, you just spent the first 3 episodes insisting the two of you are nothing more than "tennis buddies". So why WOULD you be invited? She claims Lu only went because she thought Jill would be there. Hahahaha. Jill is just pissed because she missed an opportunity when cameras are there. 

Bethenny's humor has always been my favorite thing about this show. She and Alex are getting dolled up before the Pamela Rolland show, and Alex is musing about whether they should start Francois on the violin this year or the next. And B starts cracking jokes about how Francois spends the weekends mastering Mandarin and heading up the UN, while she is eating frozen yogurt and vegging out to trash TV. Alex was always good spirited about it. 

The thing I liked about Alex and Simon was that they were at least honest about their social climbing. They knew who they were and weren't trying to hide it. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 9

Oh my gosh, Jill walking out on fashion week because she wasn't in the first row!!! She is just too too. 

Tom D'agostino sighting! I hadn't seen it since meeting him last season with Lu. I knew it happened, but couldn't remember that far back. He called Ramona "lazy" and her friend, Joni, "promiscuous". Too funny. They were not impressed with him AT ALL. Then Ramona goes on to date him and Lu marries him! I wonder if Sonja had begun her "10 year affair" with him by this point?

• Love 7

Oh my gosh, Jill walking out on fashion week because she wasn't in the first row!!! She is just too too. 

And to add insult to injury. Ramona was sitting right in front of her! lol

• Love 5
On July 6, 2017 at 6:25 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

My two favorites:

The look on Alex's face as Kelly blathers on about Bethenny trying to kill her.

That reunion where Kelly sits there all arrogant.  Butter would not melt in her mouth as she talks of her utter insanity being an example to her girls about bullying.  Then  when Jill, her faithful defender, has to carefully explain to Kelly that she just denied what she had just said.   You could tell by Jill's expression that she was thinking -WTF?  This chick is delusional.  

5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Tom D'agostino sighting! I hadn't seen it since meeting him last season with Lu. I knew it happened, but couldn't remember that far back. He called Ramona "lazy" and her friend, Joni, "promiscuous". Too funny. They were not impressed with him AT ALL. Then Ramona goes on to date him and Lu marries him! I wonder if Sonja had begun her "10 year affair" with him by this point?

Reinforces my impression of Tom. Talk about glass houses. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, ghoulina said:

3 hours ago, BBHN said:

And to add insult to injury. Ramona was sitting right in front of her! lol

One thing I recall -- while on the street waiting for their car, Brad, her walker/worker whines, "Don't get aggressive!" I wonder if she was being incredibly nasty and vocal and it got edited.

• Love 3
On 8/15/2014 at 4:48 PM, beaker73 said:

I've finished Season 1. The Good:

1. LuAnn's leather dress at the Girls' Night + Simon dinner.

2. Avery. That girl's eye rolls at her mother were epic!

3. Bethenny's snark at Alex and Simon's broken down home. Speaking of A and S...

The Bad:

1. Alex and Simon. Jesus those two were so ridiculous. What a bunch of pathetic wannabes. I cringed when they were looking through the NYT style section for a photo of Alex. So embarrassing.

Here I come Season 2!

I know I'm responding to an old,  old post,  but I kind of liked how transparent they were in their social climbing. Everyone else was doing it as well but pretending to be above it. 

• Love 4

I wonder if she was being incredibly nasty and vocal and it got edited.

I would imagine the indignity of having to sit behind Ramona at a fashion show probably didn't go over very well with Jill lol

• Love 3
16 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

One thing I recall -- while on the street waiting for their car, Brad, her walker/worker whines, "Don't get aggressive!" I wonder if she was being incredibly nasty and vocal and it got edited.

Yea, she appeared about two seconds from flipping out. She was demanding Brad get a cab or a car service or something to get her out of there. He looked very nervous. 

16 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

know I'm responding to an old,  old post,  but I kind of liked how transparent they were in their social climbing. Everyone else was doing it as well but pretending to be above it. 

Yup. I just mentioned that above. I love it. They crack me up. I just started the episode where they're trying to get to the opera and running late. And Simon's all, "We missed networking". Alex says, "That's okay, we can do it at dinner". Or it might have been vice versa. But they are really not fake, that's for sure. They put their intentions all out there. It's refreshing. 

It makes me sad how often Noel would beg Lu to stay home. Maybe he's unnaturally attached, but he seemed lonely. 

Someone with a better memory help me - wasn't the episode where Simon gets the boat for Alex's birthday the same one with "The Surprise"? I've already passed that one, and it didn't happen. I was all expecting the "You're ruining the surprise!!!" - and nothing. Please tell me I'm confused and it will happen in a later episode, because I just don't think I can go on living without that episode in my life. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Someone with a better memory help me - wasn't the episode where Simon gets the boat for Alex's birthday the same one with "The Surprise"? I've already passed that one, and it didn't happen. I was all expecting the "You're ruining the surprise!!!" - and nothing. Please tell me I'm confused and it will happen in a later episode, because I just don't think I can go on living without that episode in my life. 

Ghoulina, I'm pretty sure The Surprise is S2. The boat was an evening cocktail event, wasn't it? In The Surprise, Simon picks Alex up at work and they swing by a jewelry store before heading home. I remember at that season's reunion Moaner implied Simon might be abusive because he got so angry and asked if Alex was fearful. Alex explained that Simon was pissed off because she wasn't feeling well and they just wanted to get home but the driver (probably a Bravo assistant) kept missing a turn requiring several retakes.  The whole "you're ruining the surprise!" may have been frustration because Simon couldn't really say, " you're ruining the shot!" 

I watched it several times back then -- yea, I know -- and, while Alex is clearly uncomfortable, she comes across not at all scared but more OMG will this day ever end?

• Love 6
On 7/7/2017 at 2:31 AM, ghoulina said:

So I started re-watching from the beginning. Only one episode in, but it's funny how obnoxious and obsessed with her age Ramona was even then. She's cavorting with her girlfriends by the pool in the Hamptons, talking about pole dancing and being a MILF - right in front of Avery. The poor kid was mortified. 

This is exactly why it didn't bother me that much when Beth shrieked at Lu in the Berkshires last season. Lu has been condescending and arrogant and haughty toward so many people for so long and so often -- even with, I think it was, one of Victoria's friends at the luncheon during which Lu was teaching them "proper" table manners. The girl asked if it was acceptable to slice up one's meat completely before eating it. Lu had to laugh in that haughty way of hers. It was obvious she had embarrassed the girl.

And she can be subtle about it, so you're not even quite sure if she's insulted you. But it was constant and completely unnecessary and toward completely undeserving  targets. 

When Beth was confronting her about the retouching dig, Lu's response was that she was just trying to be protective of Beth.  But even that seems to be a subtle dig. 

• Love 7