Type keyword(s) to search

Memory Lane: Seasons 1-5

• Start Topic

Great rainy day viewing on BRAVO today!!!  Three of the best RHoNY TRIPS … starting off with Morocco, St. Barts and then SCARY ISLAND!!  

Watching Morocco right now...whoo hoo  forgot what a freak of nature Alex is.  Talk about inserting yourself into every drama and trauma for air time...pathetic.  Love old Lu shutting Alex down when Alex tries to stir the shit in the mani pedi scene.  You know someone is really messed up when Kelly appears to be the voice of reason...Alex was one hideous person inside and out. Yuk.  

BUT. It would be HW gold to add Alex and Simon into the current cast mix.  Can you just imagine the fun if Alex & Simon were brought back? Would love, love, love to see Dorinda bring those two posers down with one of her simple one liner smack downs. He! 

It is kinda sad to see the writing on the wall (in hindsight of course) of what is coming for Ramona and Mario's marriage. In retrospect it somewhat explains Ramona's frantic, future behavior. I am not a Ramona fangirl, but my heart breaks for her this season in her desperate attempts to win back his affections. That is hard to watch.

The Countess has certainly gotten better with age.  She no longer has the stick up her booty. Amazing what life and times can do to a pretend elitist.

Cool - Scary Island is on today?  Hope my DVR doesn't blow-up.   So much great snark from the past.  Ah, Good Times.

• Love 3

This episode of the Aviva/Reid St. Barth's trip reminds me why I will always love the antics of Samonja.  They are like the drunk version of Lucy and Ethel.  LuAnn and the Italians...girl, that was silly but I love you anyway.  

• Love 8
(edited)

Watching St Barths and OMG, thank the fucking heavens that Aviva is gone. I forgot how much I hated that woman.

I did forget how hysterical Sonja and Ramona googling white trash was. That should be in the Top 10 Best HW moments of all time! "Hillbillies can be welcoming....hello, welcome to my trailer".

Edited by hottesthw
  • Love 13

Watching St Barths and OMG, thank the fucking heavens that Aviva is gone. I forgot how much I hated that woman.

I did forget how hysterical Sonja and Ramona googling white trash was. That should be in the Top 10 Best HW moments of all time! "Hillbillies can be welcoming....hello, welcome to my trailer".

OMG, yes.  That was truly hilarious.  This may have been my all time favorite episode of Ramona and Sonja.

And watching these episodes make me fall in love with Carole all over again.  

• Love 4

I'd seen Scary Island fairly recently, but somehow forgot Kelly was sent into tears because Bethenny gifted her with a monogrammed bag of Skinny Girl swag.  

Kelly was clearly mentally deficient.

• Love 7

I'd seen Scary Island fairly recently, but somehow forgot Kelly was sent into tears because Bethenny gifted her with a monogrammed bag of Skinny Girl swag.  

She was incredible to watch.  I don't think I've ever witnessed anything quite like her.  Bring her back!

• Love 2
(edited)

Return from Scarey Island - Jill Zaaaaarin's Ice Capades.  One of the Dorkiest things I have ever seen - a grown ass woman having her own skating recital,and no one in her family had the guts to tell Jill that might be a wee bit over the f#cking top? 

And they called Kelly the crazy one? Yikes. 

Edited by Missmissie173
  • Love 5

Coma toast.   Shudder down. The sweet acid wash denim vest and shorts combo Alex wore upon arrival.

Shitty f-ing rainy day here, this is beautiful. 

I always assumed Kelly was upset w/the gift bag because she, like me, was sick and goddamn tired of Bethenny's shilling her Skinnygirl crap. That was not a genuine gift it was product placement. Like Kelly said, Bethenny is a media whore, she loves it. That's the truth. Kelly has some kind of delay I think with processing and probably a little anxiety which pulls the rug out from her with people, specifically with conflict. (Bethenny). 

• Love 7

I always assumed Kelly was upset w/the gift bag because she, like me, was sick and goddamn tired of Bethenny's shilling her Skinnygirl crap. That was not a genuine gift it was product placement. Like Kelly said, Bethenny is a media whore, she loves it. That's the truth. Kelly has some kind of delay I think with processing and probably a little anxiety which pulls the rug out from her with people, specifically with conflict. (Bethenny). 

She certainly has some crazy anxiety but yes, I think she saw through Bethenney, took an instant dislike, and just couldn't deal with her.  I do think Kelly is a smart woman.  But she's got some major issues.

I think in the episode where she was railing on Beth for "being a whore" that Bethenney looked incredible. I  loved the maxi dress she was wearing.  

• Love 4

Does anyone know or remember which actual island was used in the Scary episode? Damn, it was gorgeous.

St. Johns, the Virgin Islands.  In fact, I googled rentals right after I saw it the first time and the rental was $10,000 a week at holidays/high season.  I totally want to go there:  get 5-6 friends or 5 couples and it is actually reasonable.  Of course, the price has probably gone up by now. 

I also have marveled at Kelly's BODY!  I can't believe she's not transgender.  

• Love 4

I cannot believe that I forgot how absolutely HYSTERICAL Alex's photo shoot on the beach was.  I would feel just about as comfortable as she did in that situation and probably not even do as well, so I'm really laughing WITH her... but that face and walk - priceless! 

• Love 4

I never got the impression that Kelly was crazy (well ok, not as certifiable as Bethenny made her out to be). I think she, like most, we're intimidated by Bethenny's steam roller approach to everything and didn't like her. Kelly tried to take her on but Kelly isn't as quick on her feet as Bethenny. And when she would misspeak instead of just laughing at her like they would if it were someone else it became all about her being stupid and crazy. I think back then Kelly was like Kristen now, she tried to cram all her gripes with Bethenny in at one time, and in the end she looked aggressive and crazy.

IMO Kelly was no more nuts than we've seen Ramona and Sonja act.

• Love 5
(edited)

I never got the impression that Kelly was crazy (well ok, not as certifiable as Bethenny made her out to be). I think she, like most, we're intimidated by Bethenny's steam roller approach to everything and didn't like her. Kelly tried to take her on but Kelly isn't as quick on her feet as Bethenny. And when she would misspeak instead of just laughing at her like they would if it were someone else it became all about her being stupid and crazy. I think back then Kelly was like Kristen now, she tried to cram all her gripes with Bethenny in at one time, and in the end she looked aggressive and crazy.

IMO Kelly was no more nuts than we've seen Ramona and Sonja act.

After watching the marathon today I realized both Kelly and Sonja had thoughtful and sensitive moments when they first started on the show. Sonja and B seemed to connect on Scary Island so I can see why B is trying with her this season. That said, life, stress, editing and diet drugs sure do seem to wreck a wife and Sonja in particular. Boy, has she fallen since her first season where she came off rather well before shades of Grey Gardens creeped in and black outs became the norm. Edited by Almost 3000
  • Love 6

Just watched part one of Scary Island.  It's been a few years.  Although Kelley had some moments of clarity, the woman is on another planet.  I also got a few moments of why I used to like Beth and now can verify myself that she has changed.  OK.  Her 'family' thing has always been the same - no change there.  

Wow, how Sonja is not the person we met back then.  It just makes her more sad to watch.

And I'll admit it.  I do miss Alex.  She came a long way over the seasons she was on.  I liked the conversation she and Beth had while they were waiting for everyone else for dinner.  She's a housewife who actually listened and not cut in and make it about her - a rare thing on any of the franchises.

Ro is Ro.  Yes, just what I want to see - someone showing me all their bathing suits.  Yawn.  She and Teresa should get together (after Tre gets out of prison).  At least we didn't have to watch Ro model them. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I adore this clips compilation video because it so perfectly displays how nutty the Scary Island getaway/KooKoo Kelly truly was: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6tvIxj5rVAY

Loved the candid reactions from The Countess---the way she was so aghast over the use of the term "hobag" is just priceless.

Seriously, I could watch an exasperated Bethenny scream "GO TO SLEEP! GO TO SLEEP! YOU'RE CRAZY!!!" on an endless loop---what a hilariously golden moment.

This one is pretty good too: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ojeVJ6voaxU

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 4

We are watching the episode where Alex delivers a message to Jill from Bethenny @ Ramona's party. Wow!. Is this the end of Jill & Bethenny? I am shocked. Who leaked the news of Bethenny's pregnancy to Perez Hilton? It couldn't be Jill could it? The message should have been delivered in private by Alex. I also noticed that Jill was badmouthing Ramona's skin care line to retaliate for Ramona bad mouthing Kodak.

• Love 1

I remember Kelly breaking down in tears while looking at the Skinnygirl goody bag on Scary Island. I assume Bethenny arranged to have a bag placed in every woman's room. Anyways, Kelly cried and called Jill. Jill even voiced concern about Kelly's mental state in the confessional. Kelly was intense and it was odd to watch her break down.

And I'll admit it.  I do miss Alex.  She came a long way over the seasons she was on.  I liked the conversation she and Beth had while they were waiting for everyone else for dinner.  She's a housewife who actually listened and not cut in and make it about her - a rare thing on any of the franchises.

I have always liked Alex. Yeah, she tried very hard to fit in and it came off desperate at times, but she was never malicious from what I remember.

• Love 1

I do NOT miss Alex((she was just so damned awkward and try-hard/thirsty---she didn't fit in with this crew at all and didn't appear to be remotely in on the joke)), although I do miss her crazy hubby Simon, because that man was hilariously ridiculous!

The way he'd go apeshit over the stupidest things(("Damnit, he ruined the surprise!!!")), arrange the dumbest special occasions for Alex and act like they were such exclusive elite experiences, the way he so desperately tried to be such a cultural curator and jump in on every fun moment the housewives had((the Pride parade, the ladies dinner party, etc)), and then...his wardrobe. The red pleather pants. The rainbow suit.

And I do believe he's the only RH husband to date who actually performed his own song on Andy's aftershow---and it was as unintentionally hysterical as usual for him:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F62tRNlsyCQ

• Love 1

Yet alarmingly elitist!

During their first night on the yacht, Kelly replies to Sonja on the subject of one-night stands, "if you had it like this, you wouldn't give it away." That line sort of slipped in and was forgotten amid all the Scary Island wreckage, but man, what a bitchy thing to say to Sonja.

And it further illustrated just how much of a facade Kelly's "gumdrops and lollipops and happy people" mantra was, when in fact, she totally thought she was above everyone else because of her looks/connections/whatever.

• Love 7
arrange the dumbest special occasions for Alex and act like they were such exclusive elite experiences,

What was that boat they went on in S4? I remember them going to an island and Cindy Barshop bitching about how cold and dull it was. Was it Governors Island? And if I remember, they took the ferry over - it's not like they chartered a private yacht to bring them over.

I crack up thinking of how they were so keen to "network" at the opera, as if it was happy hour at the Marriott hotel bar.

I like to think that away from the cameras, and away from NYC, Alex and Simon are leading a more low-key life Down Under and aren't trying so hard.

• Love 3

I remember Kelly breaking down in tears while looking at the Skinnygirl goody bag on Scary Island. I assume Bethenny arranged to have a bag placed in every woman's room. Anyways, Kelly cried and called Jill. Jill even voiced concern about Kelly's mental state in the confessional. Kelly was intense and it was odd to watch her break down.

I have always liked Alex. Yeah, she tried very hard to fit in and it came off desperate at times, but she was never malicious from what I remember.

It wasn't even in her room. It was by the door outside.  Kelly acted like Beth crept into the room and then left the bag on the bed as a threat.

• Love 2
(edited)

I took the day off today and was happy to see that the S6 Reunion is on. I didn't watch last season so this is filling in some of the blanks for me. I know everyone hated Aviva but she just cracked me up by calling out Heather for always saying "motherf--ker" and "Holla" and telling her she wasn't born in the ghetto.

I have to say that Heather looks great in pink. She's a strong Type A personality and the pink softens her a bit.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

It wasn't even in her room. It was by the door outside.  Kelly acted like Beth crept into the room and then left the bag on the bed as a threat.

Kelly acted like Bethenny left a bloody horse's head under her sheets.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Well wouldn't you feel that way after Bethenny tried to stab her in her sleep? And let's not forget how she went after her children in the press.

(Yes, sarcasm.)

• Love 7
(edited)

Well wouldn't you feel that way after Bethenny tried to stab her in her sleep? And let's not forget how she went after her children in the press.

(Yes, sarcasm.)

Someone mentioned this in one of the threads so I can't take credit for the joke..........they said Kelly's gummie bears must have been the same "special kind" Carol got in a club in one of the early episode this season. Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
(edited)

We just finished watching Season 3. Wow!. Poor Kelli. Her behaviour on Scary Island was surprising. She usually seems to be mellower. On the reunion, it was hard to track all the housewives coming & going off the set. Jill Zarin comes across as the big villain. I am happy that Bethanny is engaged & has a baby.

Luanne has a new man from France!. I thought it was strange for Luann to say that the Count would not like her dating Jewish men.

We are starting Season 4 now. Sonja & Alex are fighting. Alex is much more more combative than normal. That's quite a fight over marriage equality' march. Sonja wanted to be the only speaker at the march rally.

Sonja just kicked Alex out of her home at her party . OMG!

Kelli seems to be back to normal talking to Luanne. She would like to find a husband.

Edited by oakville
  • Love 1

That's quite a fight over marriage equality' march. Sonja wanted to be the only speaker at the march rally.

Sonja just kicked Alex out of her home at her party . OMG!

What made Sonja's demand to fly solo especially absurd was that she didn't seem to understand the point of the march. She wanted to pose and preen but was otherwise clueless.

And she told Alex "you have the worst manners!" and kicked her out -- I think because Sonja knew she couldn't argue with Alex intellectually or with any logic.

• Love 4

We are starting Season 4 now. Sonja & Alex are fighting. Alex is much more more combative than normal. That's quite a fight over marriage equality' march. Sonja wanted to be the only speaker at the march rally.

Bravo posted an article that actually confirmed what actually what happened before the march and Sonja doesn't come off smelling sweet.  Some other tidbits about past episodes too:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-7/blogs/5-never-before-revealed-secrets-from-the-rhony?cid=soc_dg_fb_RHONY

• Love 3

I don't see what the big deal is. Deals fall apart at Marriage Equality Marches all the time.

I think it's a shitty thing to do to Alex who also had ties with the organization and an even shittier thing to do to the organizers the night before the event.

• Love 3
(edited)

I think it's a shitty thing to do to Alex who also had ties with the organization and an even shittier thing to do to the organizers the night before the event.

Sorry. I was making an esoteric joke. I was paraphrasing Sonja who made similar comments when she defrauded the movie folks. I do think it was a shitty thing to do. I was trying to make a point that this is a pattern with Sonja.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4

Finding out about Sonja and the Gay Marraige March leaves me split- part wants to call her out for the biotch move & another part wants to ask why the eff she still tried to pretend to be friends with Ramona/Sonja who obviously had no use for her.

I really think Sonja's undoing was that she found herself much more attractive to 40/50 year olds than whe was to 20/30 year olds in her early NY days and being with moe powerful guys gave her a certain amount of rank/cache. Now she is 50 herself, the prospects have dried up and she really never developped past the point of name dropping and rank pulling. 

Its interesting that Luann is the only one of these broads capable of moving past a failed relationship. 

• Love 3

Watch part three of Scary Island today.  It was a reminder of why I'm glad Jill is gone.  She just so liked trying to put other people on a guilt trip.  But it would be fun to see her try and go up against Heather and Beth. 

• Love 2

We just finished watching one of the Morocco episodes from Season4. We were stunned when the Fortune teller told Ramora that Mario was interested in another woman. The look on Ramona's face was so sad. I wonder if she had a suspicion at that time that he was unfaithful to her. Later on in the episode, Simon takes a picture of Mario with a female at a pool hall & sends it to Alex while she is in Morocco. Wouldn't Alex has shown the photo to Ramona & freaked her out? Also, I can't believe the petty fights the women are having in Morocco. It's such a beautiful country to visit. Alex is so riled up in Morocco. The Countess loves ordering the women around.

• Love 1

Watch part three of Scary Island today.  It was a reminder of why I'm glad Jill is gone.  She just so liked trying to put other people on a guilt trip.  But it would be fun to see her try and go up against Heather and Beth.

Maybe it's just me but if someone I considered a friend told me 'That's it, I'm done', flounced off then spent all their waking hours dissing me to other people and on camera, I'd take them at their word and also be 'done'.

Seriously, who does that? Fuck'em.

• Love 2

Well, I'm apparently bored right now...waiting for my two adult sons to come over for dinner... lol  

The apparently think it's cool to BBQ in the dark.  Enjoy my fellow posters!  These always make me giggle.

They've been around forever.  

Alex & Simon and their back yard pool and more

Season 2 Reunion

My favorite, Season 3 Reunion

• Love 4
(edited)

Moved from Carole's thread. WireWrap quoted:

Heather said they came to her room, not that she let them in! And she did NOT say they had sex! It was Carole that outed Sonja/Thomas and the anal sex in the garden, not Heather.

Your post that I replied to "The only reason LuAnn had that conversation is because the ladies in the house were talking about it, because Heather outed LuAnn to Carole." I took that post as you believe that no one should talk about anyone else and that led to my follow up question and comment was "So, no one is to talk about anyone else during filming? REALLY? The show would have folded after season 1."

And once again, Heather did NOT say that LuAnn had sex with him, just that she brought him back to the house with her.

This feels like a technicality. No one seemed to suspect LuAnn of having sex with anyone until Heather told Carole that LuAnn came home with Thomas. Did anyone else claim to have seen anything else other than Heather? Heather explicitly stated that LuAnn was lying about "the Italians" and that she was with Thomas. I'm not saying she shouldn't talk about it, or that none of the women should talk about things that happen off camera. What I meant by my comment is that the conversation LuAnn had on the phone was in response to Heather telling on LuAnn in the first place. LuAnn just accidentally confirmed Heather's outing.

As far as Sonja and Thomas, Heather has a TH where she says that she heard noises in a spare room and walked in on Sonja and Thomas. Carole never claimed to have *seen* Sonja and Thomas having sex, Heather saw them (and not in the garden). I am guessing Heather told Carole just like she told Carole about LuAnn bringing home Thomas.

Edited by shoegal
  • Love 2