Type keyword(s) to search

Memory Lane: Seasons 1-5

• Start Topic

I forgot how old for her age Victoria has always looked, watching the first season episode I was shocked when the chyron listed her age as 12, she looked at least 16  and could probably pass for 18.

Also, it’s the episode with Nicole and LuAnn says “downtown” approximately one billion times.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 7
52 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Also, it’s the episode with Nicole and LuAnn says “downtown” approximately one billion times.

I watched that episode today, too. Lu and Nicole looking at dildos in the storefront.  And then as they turned away from the dildo display window to head down to the dance club, dorky Nicole in her odd head wrap says, "Let's rock!  It was a strange, wonderful, awkward moment. Only made more awkward once they were in the club and were actually trying to rock.

Woot woot yi! yi! yi! yi! YEAH! Rock on! Fist pump, peace sign.  Also, I noticed that Lu was wearing bathrobe as fashion statement before it became a trend.

niece_nicole.jpg

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 8
On 8/29/2018 at 3:06 PM, biakbiak said:

I forgot how old for her age Victoria has always looked, watching the first season episode I was shocked when the chyron listed her age as 12, she looked at least 16  and could probably pass for 18.

And even though Lu reminds us that she enjoys her life now, it really looks like she wants to trade places with her niece. 

Helping Lu choose outfits and paper weights- - I mean, statement necklaces are quality mother/daughter time, right before she heads out. And before Noel asks Rosie if Lu is coming back eventually.  

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ryebread said:

Also, I noticed that Lu was wearing bathrobe as fashion statement before it became a trend.

niece_nicole.jpg

LOL (Evine presents Countess Luann's Hugh Hefner inspired line: Hugh for You!)

I saw this ep last night on Hulu (is it something in the PTV water?) and I could not believe Luann haggling two dollars off that tacky, weird necklace she wanted to buy (and the street guy actually takes the deal! And there she stands, our richy rich Countess,  thumbing through her singles as if she's Marie Antoinette snapping her fan. Jesus, what a cheapskate. GIVE HIM THE 2 BUCKS.)

Also: I wonder if the kids ever see Rosie? (what with her raising them and all; if the de Lessep kids have any sanity, it's due to that lovely woman, imo).

Episode four (Social Wife) during Bethenny's dinner with Original Recipe Jason (she keeps asking him about moving in together, and he keeps saying "let's talk about it later") there is a final shot of her  -- a little tipsy,  hardly any make-up on, messy hair  - and she is so, so pretty.  

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10

OMG. Season One is just amazing. 

Alex and her husband can be bizarre, but, by golly: they really do seem to have found their soulmates. Alex’s son is wearing what looks to be this awful brown suit. It’s so ugly but also adorable. 

Jill has the most lovely relationship with her sister. It’s also pretty cool that she can joke that her mother is proud of the sister but not proud of Jill. 

Ramona looks really cute with hardly any makeup. 

I actually really like seeing most everyone married and with children. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

OMG. Season One is just amazing. 

Alex and her husband can be bizarre, but, by golly: they really do seem to have found their soulmates. Alex’s son is wearing what looks to be this awful brown suit. It’s so ugly but also adorable. 

Jill has the most lovely relationship with her sister. It’s also pretty cool that she can joke that her mother is proud of the sister but not proud of Jill. 

Ramona looks really cute with hardly any makeup. 

I actually really like seeing most everyone married and with children. 

I had it on in the background when it was on this week and it was so refreshing when compared to what has been going on the last few seasons.  It was so much more 'natural'. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I had it on in the background when it was on this week and it was so refreshing when compared to what has been going on the last few seasons.  It was so much more 'natural'. 

That’s it! It was more natural. 

Everyone seemed slightly calmer. The egos were mostly under control. The activities seemed to occur organically.

Avery tells the other children that she thinks Ramona’s wearing a dress that Barbie would wear. Hee! It’s a spaghetti-strap pink sequined number. 

• Love 7
On 8/29/2018 at 3:06 PM, biakbiak said:

On 8/29/2018 at 4:47 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

And even though Lu reminds us that she enjoys her life now, it really looks like she wants to trade places with her niece. 

Helping Lu choose outfits and door stops- - I mean, statement necklaces are quality mother/daughter time, right before she heads out. And before Noel asks Rosie if Lu is coming back eventually.  

I saw that episode recently too! Bravo played season 1 episodes this past Wednesday and I had them on as background noise (perk of telework life).

The scene that really jumped out to me was the “interview” outside with Rosie when she says that if she could give Lu (or both parents) any advice it would be to spend more time with her kids because she might look back one day and regret not having done that. This was after she went out with Nicole and poor Noel didn’t want her to go. 

I mean, I can’t say for SURE that there’s any correlation between how she raised them (hands off with Rosie and others doing the heavy lifting) and what’s happening with the current lawsuit. But, perhaps maybe there is.

Ugh. Also saw the episode where Tom (it’s about Tom..) and his equally skeevy pal hit on Moaner and friends at that club. He literally looked the exact same 10 years ago as he does now. So he’s either aging well, or he aged terribly when he was younger and then just hit a plateau. 

Bethenys hair was not good that first season. It was so thin, and it looked almost like she was balding on top in some scenes. She definitely made some changes starting in season 2, whether she got a better hair stylist or started wearing extension or hair pieces.

She was so much more likeable back then, though. The way she chided Lu for failing to introduce her as “Mrs Delessepes”. Instead of “Luanne”’was gold. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I saw that episode recently too! Bravo played season 1 episodes this past Wednesday and I had them on as background noise (perk of telework life).

The scene that really jumped out to me was the “interview” outside with Rosie when she says that if she could give Lu (or both parents) any advice it would be to spend more time with her kids because she might look back one day and regret not having done that. This was after she went out with Nicole and poor Noel didn’t want her to go. 

I mean, I can’t say for SURE that there’s any correlation between how she raised them (hands off with Rosie and others doing the heavy lifting) and what’s happening with the current lawsuit. But, perhaps maybe there is.

Ugh. Also saw the episode where Tom (it’s about Tom..) and his equally skeevy pal hit on Moaner and friends at that club. He literally looked the exact same 10 years ago as he does now. So he’s either aging well, or he aged terribly when he was younger and then just hit a plateau. 

Bethenys hair was not good that first season. It was so thin, and it looked almost like she was balding on top in some scenes. She definitely made some changes starting in season 2, whether she got a better hair stylist or started wearing extension or hair pieces.

She was so much more likeable back then, though. The way she chided Lu for failing to introduce her as “Mrs Delessepes”. Instead of “Luanne”’was gold. 

That scene made quite an impression on me, too. It seems that on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the maximum, Lu made her daughter and son, and their well-being and happiness, a lower priority, compared to some of the moms I know. I might put her at a 5 or 6. The failure to set up the trust puts her at a 0. Don’t get me wrong: she or Alexandre cared enough to find a wonderful nanny. That counts (see what I did there?) for something. But I definitely get this sense that there are a lot of things Lu would rather be doing than parenting. 

She even laughs and repeats what Noel accuses her of. “I’m never here for Taco Tuesday.”

It IS about Tom, isn’t it? He and his pal seemed quite smitten with Joanie/Joni, who really is a beauty. But Tom must have read that book or article about how to intrigue/seduce women by flirting-while-insulting them. I love your theories regarding the Aging of Tom.  

Beth’s balding was pretty obvious in the first season. It also looks like the lighting was harsher, or they didn’t use filters back then.  

I liked Beth’s quiet vulnerability in Season One. Operative word being “quiet.” It’s interesting how she was in a relationship with someone who was sooooo camera-shy.   

Beth says at the reunion (where Beth, Lu and Alex are all wearing outfits that they could wear to run errands) that she is never emotional and that she is a positive, glass-half-full kind of person!!!

• Love 7

In the final episode of Season One, they also provided updates for the children. 

So Bravo had RHoOC. Then they assembled this group and wanted to call it Manhattan Moms. Did they later decide, between the final episode and the reunion, that it would be smarter to expand the Real Housewives brand or franchise?

They seated Beth farthest from Andy in the first reunion. I wonder if she (jokingly) still gives him s- - - for that. 

Beth tells everyone that being funny is more important to her than being smart or pretty. But when Kelly shows up in a later season, I think her model status sets Beth on edge, in an envious, resentful way. She refers to Kelly’s circle as “the beautiful people,” I think. 

• Love 6
On 08/08/2014 at 7:38 AM, comatoast said:

Johan face, candy moocher. Johan face. That season really was a home run for them. After the reunion and Kelly's anti-bullying BS, plus seeing her in the tabloids doing fine, floating around with hotties, knowing nothing seems to penetrate Kelly Land, I don't feel guilty anymore about enjoying the hell out of it!

I started re-watching season 3 starting just before the Scary island episode. Almost died at the "Johan face" business on the beach.  Kelly was certifiably insane. How could I have forgotten how horrible that trip was. And wow, has Bethanny ever changed, that jaw has had to have been shaved down. We just got a new streaming service here in Canada called Hayu, I love it and may have to quit my job so I can watch all the shows. I have never seen an episode of Shahs, can't wait!

• Love 9
27 minutes ago, cheewhiz said:

Almost died at the "Johan face" business on the beach.

Weirdly enough, I kinda understand what Kelly was saying with the Johann face thing. Alex did have a tendency to photograph harshly and did get a much softer, dreamy look on her face when she thought about him. Or I've watched way too much ANTM and Tyra has poisoned my brain. Whatevs.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Weirdly enough, I kinda understand what Kelly was saying with the Johann face thing. Alex did have a tendency to photograph harshly and did get a much softer, dreamy look on her face when she thought about him. Or I've watched way too much ANTM and Tyra has poisoned my brain. Whatevs.

Remember when Alex did that ridiculous modeling shoot and was "channeling The Black Swan?"

The photographer had to tell her more than once to drop the dramatic expressions and soften it up.

Oy, and then she kept on the hair and makeup when she met up the housewives crew at a dinner later that night.  

Sometimes I really miss their clumsy attempts at pretension and social climbing, though.

I've always wondered how long it took them to return that piano they bought Francois for his birthday....a piano in which he clearly had zero interest despite their assertion he took piano lessons on the regular and was quite the prodigy in everything he undertook.

Yes indeedy, those were the good old days of this franchise.  

Well, that and seeing a hamburger being slaughtered on camera.  

• Love 12
On 9/3/2018 at 2:36 AM, Duke2801 said:

So up here in the normally mild and rainy Pacific Northwest, I'm looking at 2 feet of snow.  What better way to binge watch RHONY! 

I've never seen the first 7 seasons so this is going to be fun!!!

Bethenny. I could never understand the Bethenny love.  After season 1, I get it.  She was witty, but not so full of herself.  That immediately changes in season 2 and the Social Life Magazine shoot.  I see the birth of the Beth I'm not fond of.

Jill.  I LOVE Jill right now!  And Bobby was the definition of class act.  After he passed, the kind words y'all posted were spot on.

Ramona.  I have never liked Ramona.  Early season Ramona is just gross.  And her hatred to Simon and Alex is way over the top.

AlexSimon.  They're just so extra.  But I like them!  I'm not a fan of pretencious, but it works for them.

Luanne. Luanne is my favorite. She's so shallow, but I just find her fascinating! 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

So up here in the normally mild and rainy Pacific Northwest, I'm looking at 2 feet of snow.  What better way to binge watch RHONY! 

I've never seen the first 7 seasons so this is going to be fun!!!

Bethenny. I could never understand the Bethenny love.  After season 1, I get it.  She was witty, but not so full of herself.  That immediately changes in season 2 and the Social Life Magazine shoot.  I see the birth of the Beth I'm not fond of.

Jill.  I LOVE Jill right now!  And Bobby was the definition of class act.  After he passed, the kind words y'all posted were spot on.

Ramona.  I have never liked Ramona.  Early season Ramona is just gross.  And her hatred to Simon and Alex is way over the top.

AlexSimon.  They're just so extra.  But I like them!  I'm not a fan of pretencious, but it works for them.

Luanne. Luanne is my favorite. She's so shallow, but I just find her fascinating! 

Enjoy that rare snow event! (You may as well)  I am like-minded as to Bethenny and Ramoaner.  I may actually dislike Ramona more than I do Bethenny, mostly because of Beth's humor.  Ramona provides no value imo.  I pretty much feel the same regarding Jill, but she at least tries, albeit unsuccessfully, to hide her disdain for the hoi polloi.  I may feel differently after this next season, but I'm skeptical.  Side note - if she Vanderpumps that damn dog as much as she does on Instagram (clings to it for dear life), she will make me stabby.  Alex and Simon can live a purposeful, quiet life in Oz, and stay off of my TV.  Luanne has found my final nerve.  She has officially outgrown her britches, and I am not here for her, at all.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Ramona provides no value imo.

Ramona has always reminded me of an "Auntie".

She'd come over to your house and immediately start rearranging your knick-knacks. The type that you can't even say anything to and you aren't even related in the first place. She's only in your life because she and your mom have been friends forever!

I will add, though, that a lot of Ramona's observations about the other women are spot fucking on. Harsh, unsolicited, and rude as hell? Yes, but not wrong.

• Love 13
33 minutes ago, dosodog said:

What season is Scary Island?

Bethenny is incredibly cold to Kelly from the very beginning and had an attitude. 

Knowing some of the events from Scary Island, I'm watching this relationship closely! 

Season three. Kelly is a piece of work.

rs_560x383-150916110616-F174560991.jpg

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think B was "cold" to Kelly from the beginning because they'd had awkward interactions off-show. And, also, B is always kind of stand-offish with people she doesn't know super well. 

If someone talked to me the way Kelly did that night in the bar, I would be ice cold to her. 

Edited by Reality police
Never mind
  • Love 7

The "I'm here and you're there".  Nasty!

But Beth was cold before that.  

Right now, it's Simon/Jill vs. Mario/Ramona on the tennis court.

Also.  Oversexalized Ramona can sit down over her outrage at Alex and her top less photos. 

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, dosodog said:

The "I'm here and you're there".  Nasty!

But Beth was cold before that.  

Right. That's why I said I think it was partially due to some off-camera interactions. Bethenny relayed something about meeting her several times, but Kelly always acting like she'd never met B. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Right now, I find Kelly weird and awkward. She hasn't hit Crazy Lunatic for me.  Yet!

Nevermind!  She thinks she's awesome because she runs in traffic.

I'm there.  Crazy. Lunatic.

Edited by dosodog
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

Nevermind!  She thinks she's awesome because she runs in traffic.

I'm there.  Crazy. Lunatic.

Heh. You haven't even begun to see crazy lunatic Kelly... You'll look back on the running in traffic as just sorta dippy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
40 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Rewatching Season 1 and Luann is such a shit mom. 

Honestly. In “Before They Were Housewives,” Lu says that when she lost control of her car, her first thought was about her own safety, not about her two children in the back seat.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Every time I see the scene where Noel wants her to stay home, I cringe. Rosie raised those kids.

Homegirl couldn't even be bothered and sit eat a fucking taco with them every now and then. She thought it was funny too. That scene is more shameful than anything else we've seen from her.

• Love 9

I was rooting so hard for Bethenny throughout the first two seasons—-she was a hard worker who wasn’t afraid to hustle, had her quick wit mixed with plenty of snark and self-deprecation, and she didn’t put up with any society/classist bullshit. It wasn’t until she got her own TV show that I really noticed that her smugly self-absorbed side started to truly shine through, so it was almost nice when she left for good after season 3.

Although I was completely on Beth’s side on the spats with Kelly—-Kelly was an elitist vapid bitch who had supposedly met Bethenny on numerous occasions before Kelly joined the cast and didn’t even acknowledge and/or remember meeting her, among other annoyances. Kelly was stupid enough to think that talking down to Beth would work in her favor, which was kinda hilarious to watch. 

Jill didn’t bug me until she divided the cast into groups by season 4 and tried to pick a random fight with Bethenny. Yet another dumb move.

I kinda miss the days of Sonja coming off as the sanest one of the cast.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Ramona and Mario annoy me the most.  Was Mario cheating on Ramona during season 3?  I get a desperate vibe from her.

It's interesting watching Bethenny and her rise to fame.  Jason is sooooo awesome on season 3, per her, and it's weird knowing he has wrecked such havoc on her at this point,  per her.

And what makes it more interesting is coming off her season long friendship ending storyline with Carole and seeing her friendship ending storyline with Jill.

It's just not okay to call someone you call your closest friend and tell them to get a hobby and say a whole bunch of other nastiest and somehow twist it into you're the victim. 

No Scary Island yet.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Ramona and Mario annoy me the most.  Was Mario cheating on Ramona during season 3?  I get a desperate vibe from her.

She changed her look, started with the anti aging stuff, did the 17 year (a milestone year no one else on earth recognizes) vow renewal, started getting completely loaded, and this season is when the bragging about her marriage to anyone (including complete a stranger) got cranked up to 5000.

Something unpleasant was going on with them, I think.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

She changed her look, started with the anti aging stuff, did the 17 year (a milestone year no one else on earth recognizes) vow renewal, started getting completely loaded, and this season is when the bragging about her marriage to anyone (including complete a stranger) got cranked up to 5000.

Something unpleasant was going on with them, I think.

If memory serves me correctly (and oftentimes it doesn't), didn't Ramona also about that same time leave a housewives trip unexpectedly?  I think she appeared later at a different party on someone's boat, but it came out later she had also stopped at their Hamptons house to see if she could Mario in the act of cheating on her with his girlfriend and the party had been later that evening.  

After the trip to Morocco and the fortune teller reading, I thought Mario looked very uncomfortable and guilty when Ramona and he were at the motel later and she was giving him that ridiculously painful-looking massage.  

Of course, if she knew he was cheating at that point, maybe it was all she could do to keep from tearing off his fucking head with her bare hands.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

If memory serves me correctly (and oftentimes it doesn't), didn't Ramona also about that same time leave a housewives trip unexpectedly?  I think she appeared later at a different party on someone's boat, but it came out later she had also stopped at their Hamptons house to see if she could Mario in the act of cheating on her with his girlfriend and the party had been later that evening.  

After the trip to Morocco and the fortune teller reading, I thought Mario looked very uncomfortable and guilty when Ramona and he were at the motel later and she was giving him that ridiculously painful-looking massage.  

Of course, if she knew he was cheating at that point, maybe it was all she could do to keep from tearing off his fucking head with her bare hands.  

Ramona left the Berkshires (remember the no air conditioning episode?).  She went to the Hamptons at that time knowing Mario was having an affair.

Just now, dabmusic said:

Ramona left the Berkshires (remember the no air conditioning episode?).  She went to the Hamptons at that time knowing Mario was having an affair.

Just now, dabmusic said:

Meant to say, it was Heather's house

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 2/13/2019 at 12:44 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Here it is : https://www.eonline.com/news/543165/real-housewives-of-new-york-sneak-peek-ramona-s-trapped-by-the-ladies-and-lies 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 2/11/2019 at 11:26 AM, Rosiejuliemom said:

Ramona has always reminded me of an "Auntie".

She'd come over to your house and immediately start rearranging your knick-knacks. The type that you can't even say anything to and you aren't even related in the first place. She's only in your life because she and your mom have been friends forever!

I will add, though, that a lot of Ramona's observations about the other women are spot fucking on. Harsh, unsolicited, and rude as hell? Yes, but not wrong.

It's funny that you say this because Sonja's homeless Irish blogger intern who went on to work for Dorinda said Ramona used to do just that at Sonja's house whenever they'd film there. Ramona would go into Sonja's medicine cabinets, pull out all of the pills and supplements, and scatter them around the place, which made it seem as if Sonja was a loopy mess addicted to who knows what. Sonja's former intern said that Sonja is a lot less scattered and snobbier than she comes across on TV.

• Love 12

I think I'm jaded because I didn't find Scary Island all that scary.  I'm just going to blame Rinner and LeeAnne Locken for that.  All glass goblets were still intact after Kelly left the room.

Although Alex terrified me with her anger when Jill showed up.  Surprise!

I imagine in real time it was jaw dropping.  Kelly and her insane ramblings and the "good" girl gang.  

What am I supposed to think when Sonja is the sane, smart one in the room?

The behind the scene stuff with Jill must have been really bad.  Otherwise Alex's reaction to Jill just makes no sense.  Ramona said worse, but now they're friends, but Jill is the enemy?  What?  And I'm in the camp that found Alex and her parenting skills to not be worthy of a book.  They weren't even embarrassed or did ANYTHING at the 21 Club dinner. 

Ramona is too frenetic for me.  But I sure did enjoy her truth telling moment with Bethenny on the Brooklyn Bridge!

Kelly's hi and bye voice......Lordy. Lordy, Lordy.  I think that is all that needs to be said.

Countess Luann. I like her.  Can't deny it.  She's shallow, vain and has a huge ego.  But there's something about her I enjoy.

Jill.  I still like Jill.  She's everything I envision a NY high society chick to be.  But boy did she screw up.

Bethenny. How does her behavior with Jill slip through the cracks?  I feel they were equal in messing things up, but somehow it's ALL Jills fault?  No.  I see a pattern with her after seeing last season.

I also wonder if there was truth to allegiances shifting due to her spin off show.....Alex......

Looking forward to season 4 without Bethenny in the mix! 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I imagine in real time it was jaw dropping.  Kelly and her insane ramblings and the "good" girl gang.  

The behind the scene stuff with Jill must have been really bad.  Otherwise Alex's reaction to Jill just makes no sense.

Alex’s melodramatic reaction to Jill’s surprise arrival was soooo RIDICULOUS—-literally shaking and then gasping out, “There’s been enough DRAMA on this trip...” Bitch please. I’m no Jill fan either and was firmly on Ramona/Alex/Beth/Sonja’s side, but Alex almost made me sympathetic to Jill with that laughable routine.

Which reminds me that I never cared much for Alex and was glad to see her go. She and Simon often made me laugh because they were sooo embarrassingly try-hard and unintentionally hilarious, but they didn’t fit in with this bunch at all and didn’t seem in on the joke of their own presence. 

Kelly genuinely made me laugh with her once when she described Alex as often coming off like “Al-EX”, the greatest high school production actress to ever grace the stage with her dramatic theatrics!! And it was beyond priceless when The Countess sneered at Alex “You came running into the room with your Herman Munster shoes...”  before delivering this other gem:

591E5F0D-695E-47B0-9331-27CEC0398C99.png

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I think I'm jaded because I didn't find Scary Island all that scary.  I'm just going to blame Rinner and LeeAnne Locken for that.  All glass goblets were still intact after Kelly left the room.

The behind the scene stuff with Jill must have been really bad.  Otherwise Alex's reaction to Jill just makes no sense.  Ramona said worse, but now they're friends, but Jill is the enemy?  What?  And I'm in the camp that found Alex and her parenting skills to not be worthy of a book.  They weren't even embarrassed or did ANYTHING at the 21 Club dinner. 

Ramona is too frenetic for me.  But I sure did enjoy her truth telling moment with Bethenny on the Brooklyn Bridge!

Kelly's hi and bye voice......Lordy. Lordy, Lordy.  I think that is all that needs to be said.

Countess Luann. I like her.  Can't deny it.  She's shallow, vain and has a huge ego.  But there's something about her I enjoy.

Jill.  I still like Jill.  She's everything I envision a NY high society chick to be.  But boy did she screw up.

Bethenny. How does her behavior with Jill slip through the cracks?  I feel they were equal in messing things up, but somehow it's ALL Jills fault?  No.  I see a pattern with her after seeing last season.

I also wonder if there was truth to allegiances shifting due to her spin off show.....Alex......

Looking forward to season 4 without Bethenny in the mix! 

"Scary Island" wasn't all that impactful for me either.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I think what was so "scary" about Scary Island was Kelly's mental state of mind. It certainly wasn't the biggest dust-up the Housewives shows have ever seen. But when Rinna smashed a glass or Teresa flipped a table, I just thought they were angry and lost their tempers. Kelly was babbling nonsense. She was paranoid and delusional. It was very uncomfortable to watch. 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Kelly was babbling nonsense. She was paranoid and delusional. It was very uncomfortable to watch. 

She was having what appeared to be a psychotic breakdown. Bitch acted cray and rude to everyone that entire trip. None of the other girls wanted her there and they made that very clear to her, but she didn’t make herself anymore welcome and wasn’t a model guest either from the get-go. I remember watching it all unravel back then and couldn’t believe someone in Kelly’s mental state was being filmed; it was so awkward because you could tell it was all very real and not fake. And that’s just weirdly uncomfortable  to watch; I’m sure it was quite scary to be around.

• Love 5

I just got my first smartphone and have been re-watching season 4 on the phone. I've been surprised that my granny eyes can actually see all the details on such a small screen - better than watching a tv from across a room.  It's definitely dangerous for someone with my secret love of reality tv!

On February 18, 2019 at 3:44 PM, Sun-Bun said:

it was so awkward because you could tell it was all very real and not fake. And that’s just weirdly uncomfortable  to watch; I’m sure it was quite scary to be around

...and don't forget that Sonja complained that Kelly's room smelled like cat pee.  She would hang out in her room, then join the group eating gummy bears and acting wacky.  Her gift bag meltdown also happened after some before-bed alone time in her room.  I always thought she had some kind of personality disorder, and that Scary Island had some kind of pharmacological component that pushed her over the edge.

On February 18, 2019 at 12:26 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Which reminds me that I never cared much for Alex and was glad to see her go. She and Simon often made me laugh because they were sooo embarrassingly try-hard and unintentionally hilarious, but they didn’t fit in with this bunch at all and didn’t seem in on the joke of their own presence. 

Came here to say the beginning of season 4 has such classic McCord moments.  Alex is her confident best (she found her voice during season 3) through repeated snubbing by, well, everyone.  And she gets a modeling contract.  And we see the photo shoot.  When Simon plans a birthday party on Governors' Island on a freezing windy day and the guests huddle together and spill drinks on one another, Alex positively beams when she describes it (her eyes saw a sophisticated outdoor champagne brunch at a hip location with important guests).  I find that kind of confidence endearing - and really, why not? I find Simon creepy on the most fundamental level, but they really seem to love and support each other, and are probably the strongest relationship across the franchises.  I don't envy anything about their life together, and feel extreme second-hand embarrassment from their obsession with scaling the social ladder (the NEW YORK social ladder!!), but good for her for creating a life that she loves.

• Love 9

Ugh- I had to tap out of season 4 when they arrived in Morocco.  Their rudeness to (and sense of entitlement around) their Moroccan hosts was unwatchable.  

And watching theses narcissistic morons fight about imagined slights and who did, or did not, apologize (and whether said apology was, or was not, sincere) was unbearable...

Knuckleheads.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

Ugh- I had to tap out of season 4 when they arrived in Morocco.  Their rudeness to (and sense of entitlement around) their Moroccan hosts was unwatchable.  

And watching theses narcissistic morons fight about imagined slights and who did, or did not, apologize (and whether said apology was, or was not, sincere) was unbearable...

Knuckleheads.

Ugh, Morocco just pisses me off.  To me, it is where Lu really shows that she is a poser. If she had spent any time previously in Middle East/North Africa, she never was around locals. She completely misuses habibi throughout (and her pronunciation is awful too). 

• Love 7
(edited)

I have not arrived in Morocco yet.  We just now left the Hamptons and Quogg the Wastelands...

Cindy doesn't fit.  So far.  Ramona is whackadoodle.  It is not up to her, or anyone but the deceased who left a will and the surviving partner, to decide who gets to have personal possessions.  That whole thing about the cigar was atrocious and Ramona has no shame.  None.

I had to turn off the show because I had the urge to start yelling at her when she was shaking and overwrought at the birthday party.  In front of the dead man's parents.  She is just awful.

Sonja is pretentious. And incredibly snobby.  With a high opinion of herself.  But I finally got to see her with a toaster oven.

On a more positive note.  Jaques!  Should I not like him?  Because right now I do and I think Luann is dumb to let him get away.

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 11