Type keyword(s) to search

Memory Lane: Seasons 1-5

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, grayson said:

Chick Binewski - Simon and Alex were actually disturbingly passive-aggressive at times. Simon referred to LuAnn as "the countess without the 'o'" which may not be cruel, but is certainly puerile and crude. Alex made slanderous references to Kelley's mental state and intelligence for years following the island misadventure and after both of them were fired. Alex had insisted with high dudgeon that Jill's comment to the NY Post about Simon's excessive alcohol consumption was potentially damaging to his career, but she had no concern for Kelley's reputation when she told Us magazine that Bensimon was "was much more [crazy] in real life" on the island.

Their comments were not made directly to LuAnn or Kelley, which was ironic when Simon later took umbrage because Bethenny's remark about his excessive drinking was not made "to his face".

I agree with all of this.

I could never stand Alex. Her over dramatic shaking as Jill joined them on scary island,  made me roll my eyes  once again.  

I find  the whole ho-bag discussion between Lu and Bethenny, pretty funny. Considering Beth's slut shaming Lu years later. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, grayson said:

Chick Binewski - Simon and Alex were actually disturbingly passive-aggressive at times. Simon referred to LuAnn as "the countess without the 'o'" which may not be cruel, but is certainly puerile and crude. Alex made slanderous references to Kelley's mental state and intelligence for years following the island misadventure and after both of them were fired. Alex had insisted with high dudgeon that Jill's comment to the NY Post about Simon's excessive alcohol consumption was potentially damaging to his career, but she had no concern for Kelley's reputation when she told Us magazine that Bensimon was "was much more [crazy] in real life" on the island.

Their comments were not made directly to LuAnn or Kelley, which was ironic when Simon later took umbrage because Bethenny's remark about his excessive drinking was not made "to his face".

Post-show I can't say I remember much about what Alex & Simon have said but I do believe they could be passive-aggressive. I just found many of their digs happened after some pretty awful behavior on the part of the other HWs. And I had forgotten how hard Jill used to use the "press" from the start of her time on the show - not merely give interviews but start shit and act like she wasn't attached to it. That in itself is a practice that has gained so much momentum in the HW universe and I absolutely HATE it. I'm also not a big fan of the "don't film with them" position (exceptions: Vicki, Slade Smiley and all HWs named Kelly). which I think Jill may have tried to use; this is a Bravo production, not something you started from the ground up so maybe try to play fair?

Re Kelly I have to say I would find it very hard to keep a civil tongue after dealing with her for 2 seasons. 

11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Oh Coerte. At the time, he had just been named one of Gotham Magazine's 100 most eligible bachelors. But, I'm sure he was "dating" LuAnn so that he promote his latest book.

http://www.hamptons.com/mobile//The-Arts/Top-Stories/9447/Hamptons.com-Talks-With-Author-Coerte-V.-W..html#.WNR_CJ9OnqA

He's more dreadful in print. Is that possible? I'm amazed what Luann sidles up to because in her mind she thinks they're the "right" kind of people.

• Love 4

Luann has legitimately terrible taste in men because her priorities are wanting to do fun and interesting things in luxurious places and sex. She loves hanging with rich people or people with the right connections. It's the reason she glommed on to Carole during Carole's first season. Carole is a starfucker too, but she's much more subtle than Lu.

Watching the marathon, I'd forgotten how much alike Luann and Jill were in trying to acquire rich, famous, and connected friends. I remembered it with Jill, but didn't realize that Lu was a lot less subtle than what I remembered.

• Love 4

The problem I have with Luann (and I probably like her more than I dislike her) is that she tends to look down on people she deems to be of a lower social class than she is...when honestly, given her roots, that is a bit hypocritical.

I mean, I get that, for example, there are reasons for Luann not to like Alex...but for being a social climber? Luann, that is what you did by marrying a titled man, ffs.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 8

I missed Alex & Simon a bit.  Simon was nasty, but he offered some eccentric weirdness the show needs.  And Alex offered up intelligence that Carole arrogantly thinks she offers, but doesn't at all.

Please refresh my memory, Scoobiedoobs, by citing some  instances when "Alex offered up intelligence".

I remember her painful pseudo-intellectual pose in the Season 1 reunion when she paraphrased Ayn Rand's observation: "Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises."  Alex did not cite Rand by name (perhaps because she did not know how to pronounce Ayne--rhymes with "mine"), but referred to the novelist as "a very wise woman". In her blog, Alex concluded her reference to Rand was too intellectual for the other housewives to appreciate.

Interestingly, at that time, Alex did not have any college degree. While in Australia, she has completed a Bachelor's in Psychology.

Edited by grayson
  • Love 2

I can watch Jill get thrown off Scary Island on an endless loop.

Bethenney's HIIIYYEEEE cracks me up!

I too rolled my eyes at Alex shaking when Jill showed up.

I liked Jill up until that season, and I hope Andy never brings her back.

When Kelly throws herself on her bed sobbing because of the gift bags, my DH asked, what is her problem?  : ))

• Love 13

I rewatched scary island last night. It just never gets old. And yes Kelly definitely went off the deep end BUT after the last 2 seasons of Bethany (who is right at the top of my most hated housewives with rabid rhinna  and Vickie from the oc)  I fear I may have had a breakdown too being stuck with her. It also occurred to me that editing is everything and that it's possible that b was much nastier to Kelly than we saw. Just a thought....

Was so hoping b would be ou this season. It's bad enough she's an insufferable whiny bitch but watching the others grovel to her now that she's involved with production or whatever is just unbearable. She is the biggest media whore ever. And will never be happy. No matter what.

• Love 7

I don't know...Bethany has her issues, but Kelly's breakdown on Scary Island was all on Kelly. It isn't like any of the other women had a breakdown, and most of them knew Bethany longer. No, Kelly's breakdown was fabulous, scary, cringe worthy, and classic. But it was also all on Kelly.

• Love 13

I agree it was on her. Just kind of looked at it from a different perspective. She never fit in with this group to start with. The first meltdown was because she didn't want to gossip. Don't get me wrong - I could gossip about Jill all day long. Seeing Ramona throw her off the island was everything! But she was Kelly's only ally on the show. Her remark about sorority mean girls was pretty accurate.

As for the big dinner meltdown - well she definitely lost her shit there. I never liked her on the show, but did feel a little bad for her on rewatching for the umteenth time. I felt like Sonja was the only one who didn't revel in her coming unwound. Not saying it was OK to call B a hobag, or challenge her chef/cook status. But after watching B go off on Luann last season - wow that was just off the charts. There is something seriously wrong with B. And I have to FF through most of her scenes - which unfortunately most of the show.

• Love 6

Exactly. I interpreted it like this: Kelly thought she was much better than Bethenny and never missed an opportunity to let Bethenny know that. Ultimately, it really chapped her hide that Bethenny was suddenly so much more successful than she was. The gift bag break down spoke volumes.

• Love 8
On 3/24/2017 at 0:57 PM, grayson said:

Please refresh my memory, Scoobiedoobs, by citing some  instances when "Alex offered up intelligence".

I remember her painful pseudo-intellectual pose in the Season 1 reunion when she paraphrased Ayn Rand's observation: "Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check your premises."  Alex did not cite Rand by name (perhaps because she did not know how to pronounce Ayne--rhymes with "mine"), but referred to the novelist as "a very wise woman". In her blog, Alex concluded her reference to Rand was too intellectual for the other housewives to appreciate.

Interestingly, at that time, Alex did not have any college degree. While in Australia, she has completed a Bachelor's in Psychology.

Oh goodness, I have absolutely zero memory for Housewives shows.  And I have zero interest in defending Alex, but she did seem generally articulate & she seemed to be able express her thoughts in a fairly intelligent way (God, certainly compared to Moaner & yeah, even Carole too).

Look, there's a very, very low bar set for these Houewives broads when it comes to being intelligent & articulate.  And having a college degree is absolutely NO reflection of being intelligent or articulate.  Trump sons comes to my mind first, but there are zilions of examples of that -- famous & not famous. Uh, didn't Moaner go to college?  Eek!

Anyhoo, I sorta liked Alex.  And I liked that Simon & Alex were always considered outsiders by everyone in the cast for not living in Manhattan.  It was just so stupid & so fucking idiotic, it tickled me every time that came up with these morons (I mean the other cast besides Alex & Simon).

I like the description above of Kells' breakdown as "fabulous".  I never heard it described that way.  And I never thought of it that way myself.  Sure, she was weird as hell & incoherent & scary.  And yet, she was compelling as hell to watch.  She was faboo!  Instead of being in such denial about the breakdown, ahe really should just embrace what it was.  But that ain't Kells.  She seems to live her life in denial.  

And yet, in that interview Kells did on WWHL not so long ago, she seemed to say she's aware people think she's a loon because of the show.  And she was blaming B for that too, which is silly bullshit.  She seemed really bothered that people think she's a loon now & doesn't wanna process it in her teeny brain.  Still say she should embrace her lunacy.  Don't Moaner & Sonja pretty much do that?

• Love 5

Yes I do agree about Kelly's superior attitude. She was annoying. I think one of the most interesting things about all these HW shows is my opinions of them change from season to season and even episode to episode. With the exception of LVP who I'll love to my dying day, (Yulan - what better cause to showcase IMO) and her sense of humor and class and wit, and Vicki OC, she's not even fun to hate, I just hate her!

• Love 5

Oh, it was so delicious to re-watch fugly, illiterate, inarticulate Crazy Eyes getting screamed at <and then serenaded-<blech> by Cheating Mario and then their gross vow renewal, knowing full well that he'd been humping around the whole time.

Can't wait to see how far Crazy Eyes is able to wriggle into SkinnyCow's anus this season.

• Love 4

The rewatch is enlightening to say the least. Bethany was much less abrasive and abusive in the past. I don't know if it's the fame or the money or the divorce or what, but she was much less unlikable in the first three seasons. 

The change in Sonja is outrageous. I feel bad for her as she seems to have been deteriorating the whole time she's been on. I think she's lost her mind. She was pompous and haughty early on but now she's just a mess. That's sad.

Jill was way too into being on the show. She got less likable, as well. She was just a snot in the beginning but she became a megalomaniac. 

Alex and Simon was insane but very entertaining. I actually miss them- him more- as they were so whacky I found them very enjoyable.

Luanne is just Luanne and Ramona is Ramona. It was funny watching her marriage, knowing it's a sham when maybe she didn't.

I realized I only liked Carol when she was with Heather as they seemed to be genuine friends. They were sweet together and likable and I enjoy that more than fights. I always liked Heather and watching season five reminds me why. She seemed like a real person and the only housewife in any of these shows that I'd probably have as a friend.  Kristin was fine with them, too, but that husband was the worst! 

Aviva is psycho. I think she's in a tie for my least favorite housewife with Kelly Dodd and Danielle Staub. All crazy and not in a good way. And that father???? Forget about it.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Roxy said:

The rewatch is enlightening to say the least. Bethany was much less abrasive and abusive in the past. I don't know if it's the fame or the money or the divorce or what, but she was much less unlikable in the first three seasons. 

The change in Sonja is outrageous. I feel bad for her as she seems to have been deteriorating the whole time she's been on. I think she's lost her mind. She was pompous and haughty early on but now she's just a mess. That's sad.

Jill was way too into being on the show. She got less likable, as well. She was just a snot in the beginning but she became a megalomaniac. 

Alex and Simon was insane but very entertaining. I actually miss them- him more- as they were so whacky I found them very enjoyable.

Luanne is just Luanne and Ramona is Ramona. It was funny watching her marriage, knowing it's a sham when maybe she didn't.

I realized I only liked Carol when she was with Heather as they seemed to be genuine friends. They were sweet together and likable and I enjoy that more than fights. I always liked Heather and watching season five reminds me why. She seemed like a real person and the only housewife in any of these shows that I'd probably have as a friend.  Kristin was fine with them, too, but that husband was the worst! 

Aviva is psycho. I think she's in a tie for my least favorite housewife with Kelly Dodd and Danielle Staub. All crazy and not in a good way. And that father???? Forget about it.

this exactly!

• Love 1

Kelly was bonkers for sure. The problem was as pointed out she was a bad fit. She also knew full well that most of the other women really didn't  liked her. Watching Ramona, Alex and Bethenny leave the room laughing and cackling (Ramona was cackling, I hate Ramona's laugh, it always seems she's not just laughing but laughing at someone)  I'm sure didn't help. I also didn't know that Bethany had tried to get the other women not to film with Kelly when Kelly first joined the show.  Kelly should have never been on the show. 

Yes, watching Ramona and Mario was cringy. I think Ramona knew there were problems, she had to.

I wanted to add that as crazy as Kelly was she cracked me up when Sonja was praising Beth's food.  Saying she(Sonja)   knews 5star food because she had 5 star chefs blah blah blah... And Kelly was like ok,  ok,  we know about the past. Was it rude? absolutely!  but we all now know Sonja loves to live in the past. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

All I have to do is watch the reunion after Scary Island to see that Kelly is nuts and yet, thinks she's all that.  

You know, there's a vid on Youtube of Kells speaking to a group of MBA students.  It's completely bizarre.  She's speaking rationally, sensibly & seriously about writing books & starting businesses.  Look, if this was someone who millions of people didn't see have a breakdown & act like a lunatic for years on national TV, maybe you could possibly take her seriously as a writer or businessperson.  Well, if you didn't know what an inarticulate moron she is.

But here's the thing.  By doing the show, she not only put out the impression of her as being a lunatic one time.  She put it out there FOREVER!!!!  I mean, shit, she must dread when Bravo does these marathons & they run the Kelly-goes-bananas season -- or really ANY season she was on, because she was always nuts, even when she didn't have a breakdown.

Anyhoo, I watched that Youtube vid & wondered if those students are too young to know loony Kells as the lunatic she is.  Is that possible?  She certainly is in denial.  All it would take is one of those kids to have watched a Bravo NYC marathon & ask Kells if she's really like that. Uh, how would loony Kells react?  Cross her orange muscular man-legs tightly & shake one violently, like she's on the Reunion couch?  Or would she babble about Bethenny & jelly beans & have a breakdown in front of those kids?

Nah, Kells lives her life in denial.  She's just like she is in all those weird smiling pics of her every day in Daily Mail, whether in Soho or Miami or at some Fashion Week thing.  Deny, deny, deny.  She's just "enjoying her life".  No, MBA kiddies, I'm nothing at all like the show -- that's what she'd tell 'em.  Does she really think anyone believes her?  Uh, yeah.  She's a loon.  An arrogant, nasty, snooty, idiotic loon.  But a loon at her core.

• Love 4

All it would take is one of those kids to have watched a Bravo NYC marathon & ask Kells if she's really like that. Uh, how would loony Kells react?

She'd probably accuse that person of being a zombie who dreams of killing her while wearing goth make-up...or just point at them and laugh-shout "Jesse Jackson!". Take your pick.

Say what you will, but seasons 1 through 3 are probably my favorite of any of all the franchises.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, imjagain said:

I also didn't know that Bethany had tried to get the other women not to film with Kelly when Kelly first joined the show.  Kelly should have never been on the show. 

WHAT????? I did not know this and IF it is true, I can understand (to a degree) why Kelly was so nasty to Bethenny. Why would Bethenny not want the others to film with Kelly, was it because Kelly didn't acknowledge her at some event? If so, that makes Bethenny even more petty/childish than I thought she was.

I agree though, Kelly should not have been on the show to begin with.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

WHAT????? I did not know this and IF it is true, I can understand (to a degree) why Kelly was so nasty to Bethenny. Why would Bethenny not want the others to film with Kelly, was it because Kelly didn't acknowledge her at some event? If so, that makes Bethenny even more petty/childish than I thought she was.

Yeah, it was talked about during reunion. I must have missed it the first time around. Everyone was outing Jill regarding filming with Beth. Beth did admitted it,  Said she didn't want  Kelly on the show. No real explanation.  Beth is petty and children. 

• Love 1

It was fun revisiting some gems that I'd forgotten about like Lu calling Mariah Carey and Itzhak Perlman great singers and the miracle Pinot materializing for Mona during a Kelly rant.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Isn't it weird tho -- that she still, even to this day, doesn't see she should NEVER have done the show?  They kicked her off.  She didn't leave.  And she probably will come back whenever they'd ask her to.  Is she too stupid to know what this show has done to her or is she in such denial?  

You know, it's the denial part I don't get.  She went on WWHL & said right to Satan Andy she knows everyone thinks she's a nutcase because of the show.  She blamed the show for that, as well as Bethenny.  She didn't blame Satan Andy directly, but she sure seemed to be blaming him too.  And yet there she is in Daily Mail everyday in those fucking bizarre pics, in whatever location, looking like as much of a loon as she ever did on the show.  Maybe she knows most people look at her now like she's nuts, but she just refuses to acknowledge it.

The not wanting to film with each other bit?  I thought they all did that shit, but it started with Jillzy.  Bethenny has done way worse than not wanting film with someone.  That ain't nothing for the vile Frankelstein monster we're stuck with now.

17 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Isn't it weird tho -- that she still, even to this day, doesn't see she should NEVER have done the show?  They kicked her off.  She didn't leave.  And she probably will come back whenever they'd ask her to.  Is she too stupid to know what this show has done to her or is she in such denial?  

You know, it's the denial part I don't get.  She went on WWHL & said right to Satan Andy she knows everyone thinks she's a nutcase because of the show.  She blamed the show for that, as well as Bethenny.  She didn't blame Satan Andy directly, but she sure seemed to be blaming him too.  And yet there she is in Daily Mail everyday in those fucking bizarre pics, in whatever location, looking like as much of a loon as she ever did on the show.  Maybe she knows most people look at her now like she's nuts, but she just refuses to acknowledge it.

The not wanting to film with each other bit?  I thought they all did that shit, but it started with Jillzy.  Bethenny has done way worse than not wanting film with someone.  That ain't nothing for the vile Frankelstein monster we're stuck with now.

I agree, Kelly had "issues" well before joining the show but she has already been back on the show, as a non paid FOH. I think Kelly is as big a media ho as Bethenny is and she is as full of herself as Bethenny is. LOL

• Love 1

I thought Bethenny said that she did not want to film with Kelly, while Jill was calling others to try to get them not to film with Bethenny. I could have misunderstood that whole conversation though since there was typical reunion crosstalk.

If I had to be around Kelly I would go nuts. She contradicts herself all the time, with her reasoning is that she has the right to change her mind. She does have the right to change her mind, but she does it very quickly. She does not want to hear anyone's feeling because then it is like 1979. No worries though we get to hear her feelings all the time. Kelly hurls out insults, but everyone is bullying her. She does not make much sense, which would drive me insane. 

I wished there was more follow up about Kelly leaving with a producer, which Kelly said it did not happen.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I thought Bethenny said that she did not want to film with Kelly. Jill was calling others to try to get them not to film with Bethenny. I could have misunderstood that whole conversation though since there was typical reunion crosstalk.

If I had to be around Kelly I would go nuts. She contradicts herself all the time, with her reasoning is that she has the right to change her mind. She does have the right to change her mind, but she does it very quickly. She does not want to hear anyone's feeling because then it is like 1979. No worries though we get to hear her feelings all the time. She does not make much sense, which would drive me insane. 

But Bethenny and Kelly did not know each other before filming began. From what I understand, they had met once or twice at events but they didn't "know" each other, which makes Bethenny not wanting to film with her odd and I have to wonder why? Was it because Kelly was a semi known model with contacts with the "beautiful" people that Bethenny coveted? Or that Kelly was also single and therefore a threat to Bethenny's single NY girl title/lead on the show? What was it that made Bethenny act like that off camera to someone she really didn't know?

• Love 1

From what I remember watching and her explaining onscreen, Bethenny really didn't like Kelly because she'd reportedly met Kelly various times at various events, and Kelly always acted like they'd never met. It apparently really bugged Bethenny and made her feel like she wasn't important enough for Kelly to remember((and she was probably right)), and that Kelly was a big phoney snob. I remember them even hashing it out in one scene and Kelly shushing Bethenny down claiming that she "meets so many people that she can't remember everyone", yada,yada,yada...and then Bethenny claimed that Kelly was hitting on her then boyfriend at some Tommy Hillfiger event and they both were talking about how they were close to TH's wife...Kelly seems to have great delusions of grandeur, and from the moment she first appeared onscreen with Bethenny, you could tell Beth was in no mood for her bullshit.

Admittedly, I was and still am Team Bethenny on her battles with Kelly though. Judging by her interactions with everyone on the show but The Countess and Jill, Kelly probably is rather dismissive of anyone she deems inferior to her and not in her fashionable crowd.

If you really wanna witness how nutty Kelly is, check out her Snapchat and/or personal blog sometime---she really does appear quite self-impressed in all her narcissism. I'm just in awe that her two daughters appear so healthy and well-adjusted despite her famewhorey ways.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

From what I remember watching and her explaining onscreen, Bethenny really didn't like Kelly because she'd reportedly met Kelly various times at various events, and Kelly always acted like they'd never met. It apparently really bugged Bethenny and made her feel like she wasn't important enough for Kelly to remember((and she was probably right)), and that Kelly was a big phoney snob. I remember them even hashing it out in one scene and Kelly shushing Bethenny down claiming that she "meets so many people that she can't remember everyone", yada,yada,yada...and then Bethenny claimed that Kelly was hitting on her then boyfriend at some Tommy Hillfiger event and they both were talking about how they were close to TH's wife...Kelly seems to have great delusions of grandeur, and from the moment she first appeared onscreen with Bethenny, you could tell Beth was in no mood for her bullshit.

Admittedly, I was and still am Team Bethenny on her battles with Kelly though. Judging by her interactions with everyone on the show but The Countess and Jill, Kelly probably is rather dismissive of anyone she deems inferior to her and not in her fashionable crowd.

If you really wanna witness how nutty Kelly is, check out her Snapchat and/or personal blog sometime---she really does appear quite self-impressed in all her narcissism. I'm just in awe that her two daughters appear so healthy and well-adjusted despite her famewhorey ways.

Kelly is odd, trying to be polite, but that doesn't mean that she would remember meeting someone at a few large events, I know I wouldn't. It's not like Kelly/Bethenny had dinner and talked about their lives after 1 of those events or were even at a small/intimate event where they talked and got to know each other, they were introduced to each other and to others during loud, crowded events a few times. Bethenny was just as full of herself as Kelly was! Pot....meet Kettle! LOL

• Love 5

Bethenny claimed that Kelly was hitting on her then boyfriend at some Tommy Hillfiger event and they both were talking about how they were close to TH's wife...

This is why I know Kelly remembers meeting Bethenny.  Bethenny said they met at Susan(?) Hilfigers event.  And Kelly responded with the fact that Bethenny was monopolizing this guy who was there to work and everyone was talking about how bad that looked.  So let's remember Kelly loves a photographer and loves her picture in the paper.  I believe he was a celeb photographer.  Bethenny responded with he was her date, her plus one.  Kelly was like how did you get an invite?  Bethenny said she is besties with Susan.  And you could actually see Kelly's head spinning.  Kelly had based all of her feelings based on something that wasn't true.  It was one of my favorite scenes.

Edited by QuinnM
  • Love 8

Look, dumbass Kells said it all in that "I'm up here, you're down there" comment to Bethenny.  She tried to explain that shitty comment away at the reunion, but she couldn't.  That comment reflected who she is at her core.  An extremely nasty snob.  She clearly looked down her nose at Bethenny as someone not worthy of remembering, let alone speaking to.  She probably thought B was not good looking enough or connected or a nobody.  Who knows what -- but she didn't think Bethenny was good enough to be included in Kelly-world, so she was obviously dismissive of her.  

Wow, I totally forgot the story about the photographer, but who could forget Bethenny's Hilfiger connection?  I have a terrible memory for this show, but man, I do remember B mentioning Ginny Hilfiger every 2 seconds.  God, it was so desperate.  I still have no idea, 10 billion years later, who the fuck Ginny Hilfiger is, but I figured she has some close connection to Tommy, right?  Well, I'll give B credit, she absolutely was not lying about knowing Ginny Hilfiger cuz I think the Hilfigers showed up & clearly knew her.  But Kells assumed a "nobody" like Bethenny, who she dismissed as a lowly loser (which she probably often does to those who aren't worthy enough to be in Kelly-world) could never possibly know the Hilfigers.

Ugh, this (& those damn ridiculous pics/stories of her everyday in DM for absolutely no reason) remind me why I can't stand that nasty lunatic snob.  If they brought her back so Bethenny could beat the shit outta her (verbally), that'd be fine with me.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Look, dumbass Kells said it all in that "I'm up here, you're down there" comment to Bethenny.  She tried to explain that shitty comment away at the reunion, but she couldn't.  That comment reflected who she is at her core.  An extremely nasty snob.  She clearly looked down her nose at Bethenny as someone not worthy of remembering, let alone speaking to.  She probably thought B was not good looking enough or connected or a nobody.  Who knows what -- but she didn't think Bethenny was good enough to be included in Kelly-world, so she was obviously dismissive of her.  

Wow, I totally forgot the story about the photographer, but who could forget Bethenny's Hilfiger connection?  I have a terrible memory for this show, but man, I do remember B mentioning Ginny Hilfiger every 2 seconds.  God, it was so desperate.  I still have no idea, 10 billion years later, who the fuck Ginny Hilfiger is, but I figured she has some close connection to Tommy, right?  Well, I'll give B credit, she absolutely was not lying about knowing Ginny Hilfiger cuz I think the Hilfigers showed up & clearly knew her.  But Kells assumed a "nobody" like Bethenny, who she dismissed as a lowly loser (which she probably often does to those who aren't worthy enough to be in Kelly-world) could never possibly know the Hilfigers.

Ugh, this (& those damn ridiculous pics/stories of her everyday in DM for absolutely no reason) remind me why I can't stand that nasty lunatic snob.  If they brought her back so Bethenny could beat the shit outta her (verbally), that'd be fine with me.

Exactly!!! Kelly is just an elitist snob, plain and simple. She hides behind her phoney hippy-dippy "Hiiiiiiiyyyyyyyiiiieee!!!" shtick and giddy smiley act at parties/events, but she's snooty at her core. It's very telling that on her blog and social media she only deigns to pose with pretty and/or connected people. And she gloms onto anyone she deems on "her" level, like the way she was fawning all over Carole a few seasons ago at that charity event she appeared in.

I'm convinced that the first S2 scene with her at the charity planning event where she breezed in late, acted aloof and dismissive, kept repeating his busy she was and how she "didn't lend her name to many charities" was the REAL Kelly. Hence the reason she was pissed at Bethenny for calling her out on her bullshit((Classic Beth line: "Clearly she's Madonna")). And you could see the rage and haughty disdain in her eyes when she later squared off with Bethenny in the "I'm up here, you're down there" scene directly after that incident---like how DARE a commoner, a peasant like Bethenny, even attempt to diss Her Highness, *the* supermodel/author/designer of all ages Kelly Killorean Bensimon!!!

• Love 5

See, DM is proving my point!  Here she is in there today.  Why??????????????????

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4366436/Kelly-Bensimon-flaunts-ample-assets-red-swimsuit.html

Look at those pics, if you can.  It's not that she looks terrible.  She looks kinda good for a woman her age.  And I'd say, hey, God bless, if you're comfy & happy with what you look like & are OK with being photographed on the beach at 48.  Not many of us are -- men or women.  But she really gives off such a loony, weird vibe in those pics -- like she thinks it's 1990 & she's a young hot model.  It's creepy.  She is EXACTLY who she was on the show.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

See, DM is proving my point!  Here she is in there today.  Why??????????????????

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4366436/Kelly-Bensimon-flaunts-ample-assets-red-swimsuit.html

Look at those pics, if you can.  It's not that she looks terrible.  She looks kinda good for a woman her age.  And I'd say, hey, God bless, if you're comfy & happy with what you look like & are OK with being photographed on the beach at 48.  Not many of us are -- men or women.  But she really gives off such a loony, weird vibe in those pics -- like she thinks it's 1990 & she's a young hot model.  It's creepy.  She is EXACTLY who she was on the show.

Oh dear. I am in the absolute worst physical shape of my life right now and I still would not want to look like Kelly. I am not (I hope) look-shaming here; there is just such a disconnect. Nearly 50 and romping on the beach with a dead-eyed smile does not work. And someone had to take these pictures. Couldn't they tell her that bathing suit is one big fashion don't? 

One more example of elitism from KKB - when talking about her ex-husband she mentioned with some pride that his previous ex-wife was Elle Macpherson. Like somehow Kelly's stock rose due to the hotness and general success of Macpherson. I know some women who follow this philosophy and I've always thought it really, really weird. But if you look at Kelly's beach pictures they're very Elle, minus the look of effortlessness.

• Love 3

Oh dear. I am in the absolute worst physical shape of my life right now and I still would not want to look like Kelly. I am not (I hope) look-shaming here; there is just such a disconnect.

I hesitated as well.  People get to look however they want but I'm really puzzled by the lump in her chest.  Sternum?  I don't know it does look like she had her breasts redone and it's a better look.  Maybe slightly larger or over muscle as opposed to under?  No just don't get the reason she is always on the beach in Miami in the Daily Mail.  I think she has a friend there that will plant these for her.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I hesitated as well.  People get to look however they want but I'm really puzzled by the lump in her chest.  Sternum?  I don't know it does look like she had her breasts redone and it's a better look.  Maybe slightly larger or over muscle as opposed to under?  No just don't get the reason she is always on the beach in Miami in the Daily Mail.  I think she has a friend there that will plant these for her.

It's probably a lipoma, which is a typically benign fatty tissue growth. They're most commonly found in people ages 40s to 60s. They tend to be found in the upper body and arms.

Fortunately, I don't think anyone here wants to looks-shame Kelly.  I don't.  My point on posting that DM piece is that she still acts just like she did on the show -- bouncing around like she's still a young hot model.  Is she aware of that oddly shaped thing on the middle of her chest?  Or is she deluded into thinking it isn't there -- because it wasn't there when she was a young model?  As I said above, she seems to be aware of what people think of her -- at least somewhat.  But she seems to refuse to process it in her head.  

You know, if her attitude in those pics (and ALL the pics of her that seem to be in DM everyday for who knows what reason) was -- I know I'm a middle-aged woman, & I'll dress however I like & I don't give a shit what anyone says or thinks about it?  Well then, I'd say good for you, Kells, that's an awesome attitude to have.  But alas, no.  That's NOT what's going on here.  This is Kells acting like she's a 20-something model & thinking everyone is envious of her & wants to look like her, or be her, or bang her.  She seems to live her life in delusion.  That's how she was on the show.  

So despite her denials, she is the loon she was on the show -- and apparently, thanks to Daily Mail, she shows the world she still is.  And she's in denial & delusion about that too, since she is the one ultimately responsible for these pics of her everyday in DM.  If she wasn't such an arrogant nasty snob, I'd feel kinda sorry for her.  But I don't.  Not one bit.

• Love 5

I watched a large portion of this for the 1st time, because I was otherwise engaged (Real Life) when Seasons 4 & 5 aired.  So. I never really understood the depths of Jill and Beth's passionate Hatfield and McCoy feud. 

While Scary Island is great and had so much to snarky snark on...Jill and the Ice Skating Party is the most pathetic and just to emphasis once again - pathetic - thing I have ever seen a grown woman do.  Did the Producers play mind games with Jill to convince her this was good idea? MKUltra? Aliens? Tin Foil Hat?

There are many more shocking moments in HO history, but in none IMO more pathetic.  So Jill Z for Bravo Most PATHETIC Moment By A Leading Player.  They really might bring her back?

Only if Bravo provides Wine and Zanax for all that will watch (Rinna can come over - HA.) 

• Love 2
(edited)

Rewatching the early seasons (thanks Hulu!) and my strong disdain for Jill Zarin has not declined. She's such an awful unhappy person who's life revolves around people kissing her behind and her flaunting her wealth. I'm on season 3 right now, her and LuAnn are insufferable. For the love of Bravo please don't ever bring Jill back unless she's done a complete 180... blah. If being wealthy in NYC means being a phony arsehole, no thanks. Luann became much more tolerable once Jill was off the show, of course now that she's with Tom she's right back to being insufferable. Also... seeing shades of the not so nice side of Jason (Hoppy)... he was pretty "on" for the most part, but it's no wonder things went south between he and Bethanny... she's a handful but he's not innocent... dare I say I kind of miss Silex... I felt awful for Alex once Bethany left the show... the brunette coven was beyond nasty to her, thx to Jill... anyhoodle... looking forward to the new season... 

Edited by BodhiGurl
  • Love 9

Watching the season 3 reunion episodes... there is no way Jill would have been as nasty as she was to Alex (especially in season 4) if Simon and Alex lived on the upper east side, were millionaires, and had the exact same personalities that they had. Alex was an easy target for Jill, being that she was "beneath" Zarin's "station" in life. So phony... pffft.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

In Jill's eyes (and LuAnn's too, and maybe Ramona to a degree as well), Alex and Simon lived on the wrong side of the river.

Heck, didn't Ramona initially refuse to go to their house because of where they lived? LOL

• Love 6
7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Heck, didn't Ramona initially refuse to go to their house because of where they lived? LOL

YES! Ramona had a HUGE aversion to going to Brooklyn. It's been so long since I've seen the early episodes, but I seem to remember that she finally DID come out to Brooklyn after Simon and Alex's renovations were done, but then there was still drama because she needed to eat dinner and it was SUCH a long way out there. 

• Love 4