Type keyword(s) to search

Memory Lane: Seasons 1-5

• Start Topic

On 9/21/2017 at 6:42 PM, BBHN said:

She did trade in one rich European guy for another rich European guy except the second one came with the a title.

Escalade sociale c'est la vie, c'est vrai c'est vrai...

Didn't Luann say it herself in the special - that she snuck out in the dead of night to be with The Count?

One of my favorite memories is Bethenny explaining Jill Zarin's apartment renovations - it's Versace, Liberace, Cucurachi

• Love 7
Just now, KungFuBunny said:

Didn't Luann say it herself in the special - that she snuck out in the dead of night to be with The Count?

One of my favorite memories is Bethenny explaining Jill Zarin's apartment renovations - it's Versace, Liberace, Cucurachi

Not really, she met/fell in love with the Count when the other guy was out of town. She moved out while he was still gone.

• Love 5

She ditched the non-titled rich European while he was out of town, to be with titled rich European. How very classy shady of her.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 8

Finishing up the dreaded Season 4. In retrospect, when compared to other HW seasons it wasnt as bad as I remember. Probably the weakest of NY though.

Cindy was practically a non-entity. She had her moments where she tried but she was to normal when it came to the drama department.  Her and children though....she couldn't even handle one kid on her own lol. Thank god she is rich so her nannys are able to raise her kids. 

Kelly was so exhausting throughout the entire season, always living in her own reality. Whenever she would try to put down Alex or Ramona it was like being in the twilight zone. 

I have to wonder if part of Alex getting fired had to do with Simon over stepping his bounds with the women. We joke about husbands wanting to be a Housewife but he full fledged wanted to hold an apple.

Rewatching old seasons is kind of weird when it comes to Sonja, this entire series she has just devolved and become a caricature of her the woman we were first introduced to in S3. The beginning of the season where she made the Gay rights movement all about her was so cringe worthy. 

The scene where Ramona tries to force Cindys brother to have a convo with her was mindblowing along with her reasoning for not wanting to be part of Luann's music video lol. "Music videos last forever, Avery would be embarrassed" as if she isn't documenting her life and acting a fool and Sonja (who tried to use her daughter as an excuse as well) isn't getting naked and making lewd jokes. It's funny, this season we had the psychic say that Mario was cheating and Sonja states "No one wants to see a single Ramona" well flashfoward to now with a single Ramona.

Jill was Jill, always trying to be the star and be in control of everything. Why the hell does Jill care if Ramona/Sonja are in the bathroom together! Shows how out of the times Jill was since that is still very much a thing.

Onto the reunion!

• Love 5

I have to wonder if part of Alex getting fired had to do with Simon over stepping his bounds with the women.

Supposedly, Alex was offered a "Friend of" role in season 5, and declined.

• Love 5
On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:13 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Finishing up the dreaded Season 4. In retrospect, when compared to other HW seasons it wasnt as bad as I remember. Probably the weakest of NY though.

Cindy was practically a non-entity. She had her moments where she tried but she was to normal when it came to the drama department.  Her and children though....she couldn't even handle one kid on her own lol. Thank god she is rich so her nannys are able to raise her kids. 

Kelly was so exhausting throughout the entire season, always living in her own reality. Whenever she would try to put down Alex or Ramona it was like being in the twilight zone. 

I have to wonder if part of Alex getting fired had to do with Simon over stepping his bounds with the women. We joke about husbands wanting to be a Housewife but he full fledged wanted to hold an apple.

Rewatching old seasons is kind of weird when it comes to Sonja, this entire series she has just devolved and become a caricature of her the woman we were first introduced to in S3. The beginning of the season where she made the Gay rights movement all about her was so cringe worthy. 

The scene where Ramona tries to force Cindys brother to have a convo with her was mindblowing along with her reasoning for not wanting to be part of Luann's music video lol. "Music videos last forever, Avery would be embarrassed" as if she isn't documenting her life and acting a fool and Sonja (who tried to use her daughter as an excuse as well) isn't getting naked and making lewd jokes. It's funny, this season we had the psychic say that Mario was cheating and Sonja states "No one wants to see a single Ramona" well flashfoward to now with a single Ramona.

Jill was Jill, always trying to be the star and be in control of everything. Why the hell does Jill care if Ramona/Sonja are in the bathroom together! Shows how out of the times Jill was since that is still very much a thing.

Onto the reunion!

Is this the season where Sonja could not identify what the letters LGBT stood for?

• Love 3

I never watched the first season but they replayed the other day so I taped them. 

Alex and Simon were such gross social climbers, Luanne and Ramona have aged VERY well, Jill looks much better now as does Bethany....whose comment about the Hamptons “gross displays of wealth” are somewhat ironic now! I am only on episode 1. LOL 

I did not start watching this until season 2 or 3, so it’s kind of fun!!! Sad to know now Bobby is gone, such a nice guy. I also wonder how many of Ramona’s friends Mario was banging.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, JD5166 said:

I never watched the first season but they replayed the other day so I taped them. 

Alex and Simon were such gross social climbers, Luanne and Ramona have aged VERY well, Jill looks much better now as does Bethany....whose comment about the Hamptons “gross displays of wealth” are somewhat ironic now! I am only on episode 1. LOL 

I did not start watching this until season 2 or 3, so it’s kind of fun!!! Sad to know now Bobby is gone, such a nice guy. I also wonder how many of Ramona’s friends Mario was banging.

For simplicity sake it might be easier to just subtract the ones he wasn't banging.  A safe bet would be the cast of RHONYC.  I don't think any of those women had an interest in Mario in spite of Ramona claiming otherwise.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

** TV ALERT:**   BRAVO is running SEASON 4 episodes, starting at NOON (EST) with Bethenny's engagement straight through SCARY ISLAND and Ramona's vow renewal!! SEVEN HOURS of the best RHoNY season ever (last year was a close second ... I guess I'll have to watch that one a few hundred more times to make a final decision)

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Season 4 is like getting a gift of satchels of gold from Al Sharpton!

1 hour ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

** TV ALERT:**   BRAVO is running SEASON 4 episodes, starting at NOON (EST) with Bethenny's engagement straight through SCARY ISLAND and Ramona's vow renewal!! SEVEN HOURS of the best RHoNY season ever (last year was a close second ... I guess I'll have to watch that one a few hundred more times to make a final decision)

It's the Gummy Bear Extravaganza!

giphy.gif

• Love 7

Just been watching some of the early seasons and its really interesting to see how different the show was. The fights were so much more real; the awkwardness when Ramona left Jill's dinner because of Simon in season 1 or Kelly and Bethenny's tense talk at Jill's house in Ally's room. Compare that to the screaming and shouting in public that the women do every dinner or episode nowadays. The show seems so contrived. When does everyone think the show "jumped the shark?" I'd say season 4 when they first started to try and label one of the women with a drinking problem and the fights began every episode. The Sonja vs Alex fight was the first time I noticed a really OTT fight that seemed contrived.

• Love 6

Was Scary Island the first group trip that wasn't a planned-by-production trip? If so, then I'm going to say that this is when the show--hell, the entire franchise--jumped the shark.

I just did some quick Googles, and it looks as though Scary Island was in 2010. I imagine the reactions (not only the fan reaction after the fact but maybe even production and the HWs' reactions during filming) made the producers sit back and wonder how they could contrive to get these women in some city or country that wasn't their home city for a week or so of filming.

• Scary Island was season three, which began airing March 2010.
  • RHONJ went on that cruise in their second season, which began airing in May 2010.

I really can't remember if anything big and dramatic happened on the RHONJ overseas trip (I stopped watching that show after Teresa's brother joined), but it feels as though the mandatory trips came after that and changed things. It turned into the Real Housewives of Summer Camp really quick.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 1

It's interesting.  There are a number of folks that are saying that Kelly B was right about Beth all along.  And as much as I can't stand Beth, I'm not on board with it.  Kelly was a wacko.  Scary Island showed that.   Was Beth's reaction to Kelly on Scary Island inappropriate at the dinner (go to sleep)?  Yeah.  Kelly went off the deep end and for once, So had that right. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Mozelle said:

Was Scary Island the first group trip that wasn't a planned-by-production trip? If so, then I'm going to say that this is when the show--hell, the entire franchise--jumped the shark.

Scary Island was different in that the women seemed to have a choice to go. Luann didn't want to go and neither did Jill, until she did and we all know how that ended... Every other season after that has had at least one trip which included all the women so it seems as if trips became compulsory. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

It's interesting.  There are a number of folks that are saying that Kelly B was right about Beth all along.  And as much as I can't stand Beth, I'm not on board with it.  Kelly was a wacko.  Scary Island showed that.   Was Beth's reaction to Kelly on Scary Island inappropriate at the dinner (go to sleep)?  Yeah.  Kelly went off the deep end and for once, So had that right. 

Yep. As much as B annoys me nowadays, I’ll forever and always take her side in the BF vs. KB saga—Scary Island and otherwise. 

• Love 15

Watching season 3 episodes that aired earlier this week, including Scary Island.  Damn, but I forgot how much I hated Alex. Her whole "I have a message to deliver from Bethenny" to Jill was so dramatic and forced.  She always tried to create conflict and insert herself into disagreements that didn't involve her.

I can't remember what started the rift between Jill & Bethenny.  I do recall Bethenny initially trying to reconcile and Jill walking away from a staged reunion. But, when Jill invited Bethenny to lunch, apologized for her role, Bethenny was a stone cold bitch. What did Jill actually do that made her that unforgiving?  

Money can't buy you class!!  Oh, and Jacques!

• Love 3

I can't remember what started the rift between Jill & Bethenny.  I do recall Bethenny initially trying to reconcile and Jill walking away from a staged reunion.

Bethenny became successful and was being prepped for her own show. Jill was jealous and competitive. Then Bobby took ill with the cancer that ultimately took his life. He had a surgery that at the time seemed successful. Bethenny sent flowers but per Bethenny, didn't know the serious nature of Bobby's illness. Jill took great offense. Jill at some point phoned Bethenny and they had an argument that involved Bethenny telling her to find a new hobby. Jill then went on and on and on and on about the phone call and how offended she was over Bethenny not visiting Bobby during the summer, while not mentioning that she had approached Andy with a big "Bethenny and I should fight this season" idea. Bethenny did attempt to reconcile, and Jill was delighted and in her glory shutting that down with her then bestie Luann.

Bethenny was a stone cold bitch in that later reconciliation because by then, it was way too obvious that Jill had been pushing her buttons all season and had realized way too late that public sympathy among the fans rested with Bethenny (pregnant, dying father, crying in the street, and casually ripped to shreds by Ramona) and not with Jill and her seriously petty bitch points. It also became increasingly clear that what Jill was really upset about was that Bethenny, and not Jill, was getting her own show. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Rap541 said:

It also became increasingly clear that what Jill was really upset about was that Bethenny, and not Jill, was getting her own show.

Or at least not taking Jill along for the ride and having the spin-off be about the two of them.

Wasn't there also some kerfuffle about Bethenny guest hosting Good Morning America or the Today Show and Jill calling and suggesting that it should be both of them?

• Love 4

Yes, the more attention and press Bethenny got the more jealous Jill became and that included Bethenny being asked to appear on certain shows without Jill. But I've always firmly believed had they been left to talk things out at Ramona's they could have begun to mend their friendship but Luann, fearing that exact thing would happen no doubt, tore Jill away under the pretence that their talk was "too heartbreaking."

Edited by coops
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, coops said:

Yes, the more attention and press Bethenny got the more jealous Jill became and that included Bethenny being asked to appear on certain shows without Jill. But I've always firmly believed had they been left to talk things out at Ramona's they could have begun to mend their friendship but Luann, fearing that exact thing would happen no doubt, tore Jill away under the pretence that their talk was "too heartbreaking."

Interesting. When Alex delivered the aforementioned statement from Bethenny to Jill, Luann told Alex how poorly that reflected on her and that she'd be better served allowing them to sort out their own relationship rather than picking sides. Luann didn't even seem that close to Jill at the time (other than them both avoiding the scary island trip, until Jill's ill advised surprise visit). 

The connection I found the strangest was Bethenny & Alex.  I didn't remember them being close at all but they were certainly joined at the hip in the 5-6 episodes I watched.  Bethenny even visited Alex in Brooklyn and made salad.  Alex was the first one she told about about her engagement. It reminded me of the current season where Bethenny is oddly close with Sonja, someone she's had little interest in previously.  I guess one always needs an ally.  Also couldn't get over how different she looked, prior to the jaw shaving.

How tall is Luann?  She definitely has no issue dating shorter men. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Wasn't there also some kerfuffle about Bethenny guest hosting Good Morning America or the Today Show and Jill calling and suggesting that it should be both of them?

Apparently Bethenny had an appearance scheduled to promote SkinnyGirl and when she arrived she found out that Jill had been calling the booking people and pitching the two of them together. Something that had been done on previous occasions but not quite as aggressive.  So B was furious because this is her brand and she called Jill and told her to ‘get a hobbie’.

During the whole thing Jill lost me during the staged reconciliation  when she said she couldn’t have the talk now because she didn’t have her list.  Her list?  Way to work things out.

’The info Andy dropped during the WWHL with Jill was some of the best behind the scenes stuff ever.  He described Jill pitching this fight and keeping the staging from B and Andy said, I told you this was a bad idea and not to do it but you didn’t listen.  Jill never said she didn’t actually do that .  So this was all staged by Jill.  Some friend.

• Love 12

I don't think it's that weird that Bethenny and Alex grew chummier that season. They hung out quite a bit in the earlier seasons. I remember when Alex came to that farmer's market (or whatever event B was doing outdoors) and she shared how she and Simon met. She and Bethenny seemed to have a very good rapport. She was invited to the child birthday party, as well as Alex's - and no other housewives were. Sure, they had their issues, but I think with Jill out of the picture, it was natural for them to grow closer. They were never besties, but there was a connection there. And Alex had her own issues with Jill. Sometimes we bond over a mutual enemy.

• Love 7

Was recently watching some of Dorinda’s old scenes from her first season—-I remember liking her immediately and the fact that she wasn’t afraid to be a messy fun drunk on screen. It’s a shame she’s devolved into a messy mean drunk, but I still can’t help but somehow like her.

I've always referred to her as Slurinda, but my husband still lovingly refers to her as Donkadooball:

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 8
On 8/11/2018 at 1:03 PM, Rap541 said:

Bethenny became successful and was being prepped for her own show. Jill was jealous and competitive. Then Bobby took ill with the cancer that ultimately took his life. He had a surgery that at the time seemed successful. Bethenny sent flowers but per Bethenny, didn't know the serious nature of Bobby's illness. Jill took great offense. Jill at some point phoned Bethenny and they had an argument that involved Bethenny telling her to find a new hobby. Jill then went on and on and on and on about the phone call and how offended she was over Bethenny not visiting Bobby during the summer, while not mentioning that she had approached Andy with a big "Bethenny and I should fight this season" idea. Bethenny did attempt to reconcile, and Jill was delighted and in her glory shutting that down with her then bestie Luann.

Bethenny was a stone cold bitch in that later reconciliation because by then, it was way too obvious that Jill had been pushing her buttons all season and had realized way too late that public sympathy among the fans rested with Bethenny (pregnant, dying father, crying in the street, and casually ripped to shreds by Ramona) and not with Jill and her seriously petty bitch points. It also became increasingly clear that what Jill was really upset about was that Bethenny, and not Jill, was getting her own show. 

On 8/12/2018 at 10:29 AM, QuinnM said:

During the whole thing Jill lost me during the staged reconciliation  when she said she couldn’t have the talk now because she didn’t have her list.  Her list?  Way to work things out.

I found Jill so painful to watch S3 and I think her actions stank up each franchise a bit. Not only was she completely unreasonable with Bethenny for ridiculous reasons, but her reactions to every other cast member about everything was "Why did you do x-y-z? Didn't you stop to think about how that would affect MY relationship with Bethenny??" Then she'd kick that person down a few more times to make herself feel better. Jill seemed very close to her family and from all appearances was enjoying her life. I never got why this was the hill she chose to stand on (I mean, other than for attention).

I also give Jill full credit for turning Real Housewife Leaks Info to the Press into an art form. I hate that so many HW's do that now as a matter of course.

On 8/12/2018 at 2:30 PM, ghoulina said:

I don't think it's that weird that Bethenny and Alex grew chummier that season. They hung out quite a bit in the earlier seasons. I remember when Alex came to that farmer's market (or whatever event B was doing outdoors) and she shared how she and Simon met. She and Bethenny seemed to have a very good rapport. She was invited to the child birthday party, as well as Alex's - and no other housewives were. Sure, they had their issues, but I think with Jill out of the picture, it was natural for them to grow closer. They were never besties, but there was a connection there. And Alex had her own issues with Jill. Sometimes we bond over a mutual enemy.

To me, Alex had the great quality of being an intense, reciprocal talker. Bethenny had a bit of it too back in the day. Dubrow, Lea Black, Heather T and Dorinda have it. If the person across from them was behaving with any kind of civility, they'd dig in, ask questions, maybe share experiences.  And the HW's who can do this make everyone else a little more interesting, or at least they give us a reason for being invested in the show. It gives a kind of flow to the cast that seems more genuine, instead of having crazed shrieking harpies only speaking to each other to ensure their position on a TV show.

• Love 9

SO! Reading these posts made me want to go back & watch seasons 1-3...

The very first scene is Ramona 'dancing'!!! Seasons 1 & 2 really explain a lot about these women's personalities...

Season 3 is where Bethany was perched to make her $100million deal & where Jill seriously misread the room. I don't know why she thought Andy was ride or die for her, but she really overestimated their relationship (& underestimated his w Beth).

There is definitely something going on w Kelly. I do think she's on the spectrum just bc she doesn't 'get' a lot of the play on words & other cultural references (Al Sharpton!). I thought it might also be bc she doesn't pay attention when other people talk (or at least, when people that aren't on 'her level' (e.g., Beth) talk).

Bethany really did look beautiful when she was pregnant. And she seemed so happy with Jason #1, I feel bad for her.

LuAnn... I forgot how twisted she was in season 2-3; I do think Jacques could have been her next great love, but it didn't work out (why I don't remember?).

Alex alex alex, ugh, they have set her up to take the fall. I'm not sure I'm gonna rewatch season 4 or 5; is that when B left & then Alex was left there for the wolves (i.e., Jill)?

Jill is one of those people who thinks they can SAY certain things about themselves (e.g., I'm a nice person!!) & it's true. Reminds me of a certain mango Mussolini...

That turtle time dancing will always be amaaaazing. And that house they stayed at in St John, did anyone ever google that??? I'd stay there!  :)

Finally, it really is sad how far Sonja has fallen & how sad she makes me feel.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, DrSparkles said:

SO! Reading these posts made me want to go back & watch seasons 1-3...

The very first scene is Ramona 'dancing'!!! Seasons 1 & 2 really explain a lot about these women's personalities...

Season 3 is where Bethany was perched to make her $100million deal & where Jill seriously misread the room. I don't know why she thought Andy was ride or die for her, but she really overestimated their relationship (& underestimated his w Beth).

There is definitely something going on w Kelly. I do think she's on the spectrum just bc she doesn't 'get' a lot of the play on words & other cultural references (Al Sharpton!). I thought it might also be bc she doesn't pay attention when other people talk (or at least, when people that aren't on 'her level' (e.g., Beth) talk).

Bethany really did look beautiful when she was pregnant. And she seemed so happy with Jason #1, I feel bad for her.

LuAnn... I forgot how twisted she was in season 2-3; I do think Jacques could have been her next great love, but it didn't work out (why I don't remember?).

Alex alex alex, ugh, they have set her up to take the fall. I'm not sure I'm gonna rewatch season 4 or 5; is that when B left & then Alex was left there for the wolves (i.e., Jill)?

Jill is one of those people who thinks they can SAY certain things about themselves (e.g., I'm a nice person!!) & it's true. Reminds me of a certain mango Mussolini...

That turtle time dancing will always be amaaaazing. And that house they stayed at in St John, did anyone ever google that??? I'd stay there!  :)

Finally, it really is sad how far Sonja has fallen & how sad she makes me feel.

I believe Pirategate killed the relationship with Jacques. 

I spent yesterday watching the Morocco season with the epic camel ride and henna tattoos that even Santa couldn't fix. 

Good times!

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

I believe Pirategate killed the relationship with Jacques. 

I spent yesterday watching the Morocco season with the epic camel ride and henna tattoos that even Santa couldn't fix. 

Good times!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, yes. Pirategate!!!

• Love 3
On 8/12/2018 at 2:47 PM, Sun-Bun said:

Was recently watching some of Dorinda’s old scenes from her first season—-I remember liking her immediately and the fact that she wasn’t afraid to be a messy fun drunk on screen. It’s a shame she’s devolved into a messy mean drunk, but I still can’t help but somehow like her.

I've always referred to her as Slurinda, but my husband still lovingly refers to her as Donkadooball:

OMG I just watched the video. Dorinkadooball to T

• Love 1
7 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, yes. Pirategate!!!

I think Jacques made a couple of appearances the following season.  I seem to vaguely recall a somewhat forced and awkward-appearing photo shoot of him and LuAnn in the park the season following Pirategate.

I've always wondered if he had actually given her another chance but then just couldn't get passed Pirategate (for which the evidence was really incriminating despite her fuck-and-awe Italian friends story) or if she had asked him as a favor to be in a couple of episodes so she could save face.  

Poor Jacques.  Right before she goes on the trip, she's getting acupuncture for fertility and talking about having his babies....then when she came back, she had been pillaged by the town Pirate and telling so many lies her nose should have grown to 10 times its usual size.   

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

Jacques made a couple of appearances the following season.  I seem to vaguely recall a somewhat forced and awkward-appearing photo shoot of him and LuAnn in the park the season following Pirategate

Yeah wasn’t the whole ridiculous storyline of LU thinking about a baby after pirategate?

• Love 2
On 8/20/2018 at 3:55 PM, biakbiak said:

Yeah wasn’t the whole ridiculous storyline of LU thinking about a baby after pirategate?

It started a couple of episodes before Pirategate.

She even had a talk with Victoria asking how she would feel if LuAnn were to have a baby with Jacques.

I'll never understand how Victoria managed to keep a more-or-less straight face during that discussion.  

I've been having a blast watching these old seasons on Hulu.  I think I'm up to season 6 now, with the trip to Heather's place in the Berkshires (with no air conditioning and flying wine glasses from a canoe) and the trip to the dude ranch in Wyoming is coming up.

• Love 6

So thankful Hulu has all the old seasons available - rewatching S3 for the millionth time (ok, maybe not quite that much - LOL). The Jill & Lu vs Bethenny season. Scary Island... Just restarted the season tho - this was a good season for Ramona when she was "renewing" herself - she was tolerable. Much more than ever before. Well, except for the whole vow renewal thang of course ;) . PS - Whatever happened to Ramona's friend Joanie? I liked her... probably too level headed for the show. Or Ramona lost her in the divorce (Maybe Joanie was one of Mario's friend's wife)

• Love 5

Season three was Ramona's best season by far, she could actually be warm and kind hearted back then. It's different now maybe not because she has changed but the show has... dramas and fights need to be started to keep their place in the show.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

I think I'm up to season 6 now, with the trip to Heather's place in the Berkshires (with no air conditioning and flying wine glasses from a canoe) and the trip to the dude ranch in Wyoming is coming up.

I just saw the Berkshires eps. Sonja flirted with the 20 year old pontoon captain. Carole’s words: “she’s old enough to be his mother. It’s not a good look.”

:) 

Edited by chewycandy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

I just saw the Berkshires eps. Sonja flirted with the 20 year old pontoon captain. Carole’s words: “she’s old enough to be his mother. It’s not a good look.”

All of them are looking in mirrors.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

She even had a talk with Victoria asking how she would feel if LuAnn were to have a baby with Jacques.

"Think of it this way, Victoria -- maybe I can steal from the baby instead!" 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Whatever happened to Ramona's friend Joanie? I liked her... probably too level headed for the show. Or Ramona lost her in the divorce (Maybe Joanie was one of Mario's friend's wife)

I was minorly obsessed with Joanie, especially since she ended up being the first woman Tom offended on Bravo. In my dream life I produce an Intimate Portraits-style show where we deep-dive on all the folks who had minor Bravo roles: Joanie, Rey, Coerte, LVP's Martin (who allegedly did porn voice-over work).

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

In my dream life I produce an Intimate Portraits-style show where we deep-dive on all the folks who had minor Bravo roles: Joanie, Rey, Coerte, LVP's Martin (who allegedly did porn voice-over work)

I co-sign and approve of this show, but I also suggest casting Mama Elsa(La Bruja from RHoM) to keep things extra creepy and Dwight(from RHoA), just so we could have him spar onscreen with Rey:

AB1F1F64-2236-408C-B43A-BBD37409BECA.jpeg

5F6195BE-C223-4E52-BF6D-197B918183BA.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
15 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Ha! Good catch. 

Although, I will say - Adam, at least, returned Carole's affections. That pontoon captain looked so uncomfortable when Sonja was hitting on him.

• Love 7

watching the episode where Bethenny's pregnancy was leaked out and she has to tell Jason - understandably he's upset - but I found it curious that he tells her he's allowed to be angry and feel the way he feels (when she's trying to talk him off the cliff), however in the episode prior to this when they announce their engagement and Jill comes over to lord over the ring - and understandably Bethenny isn't having any of it, Jason tells her to smile and to let it go... granted - her reaction to Jill isn't the same as having your pregnancy leaked out - but what irritates me is him telling her how to feel while it's all still raw, and then yet saying he has a right to react and feel the way he needs to... I'm guessing that happened a lot in their relationship - him not validating her feelings or "allowing her to feel the way she feels"... It was little moments like this... that made me not terribly fond of Jason - I was not surprised when they separated...  Anywho - this season is reality tv gold... excitedly awaiting the scary island episodes... LOL

Side note - in the same episode Sonja is showing Lu her backyard and warning her to mind the dog poop land mines... she says "My housekeeper is off today".... Why do I feel like the housekeeper has been "off" since she divorced... hmmm...

• Love 6

watching the episode where Bethenny's pregnancy was leaked out and she has to tell Jason - understandably he's upset - but I found it curious that he tells her he's allowed to be angry and feel the way he feels (when she's trying to talk him off the cliff), however in the episode prior to this when they announce their engagement and Jill comes over to lord over the ring - and understandably Bethenny isn't having any of it, Jason tells her to smile and to let it go... granted - her reaction to Jill isn't the same as having your pregnancy leaked out - but what irritates me is him telling her how to feel while it's all still raw, and then yet saying he has a right to react and feel the way he needs to... 

I see the difference.  With Jill, if you just smile, the incident is OVER and within a minute you can be having a new conversation with someone else.  The  pregnancy announcement has a longterm effect that affects a lot of people ... 

*** DVR ALERT ***   Bravo is running Season 1 this Wednesday, starting at 8:28 am, EST.  

• Love 4

Watching season one. It’s like a sorbet after part 1 of the Reunion. Much lighter. Including the makeup. Granted, it was summertime, but still. Beth actually seems happier, when she’s “poor.” You can still see her narcissism and arrogance, but it’s balanced out more with somewhat wittier comments. Not just “vagina this”. “Vagina that.”

I think Beth still wanted to be likeable way back then. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

I see the difference.  With Jill, if you just smile, the incident is OVER and within a minute you can be having a new conversation with someone else.  The  pregnancy announcement has a longterm effect that affects a lot of people ... 

*** DVR ALERT ***   Bravo is running Season 1 this Wednesday, starting at 8:28 am, EST.  

I'm just more annoyed with his dismissive attitude towards her feelings right in the moment.... he should have let her feel her feelings and then suggest she let it go if she was running with it days later... They are both allowed to have their feelings and their partner shouldn't be shutting them down in the moment - regardless of what caused them to have their feelings... (I do agree the pregnancy announcement was more to deal with vs the shallow Jill situation)

• Love 2