Type keyword(s) to search

Memory Lane: Seasons 1-5

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

Ghoulina, I'm pretty sure The Surprise is S2. The boat was an evening cocktail event, wasn't it? In The Surprise, Simon picks Alex up at work and they swing by a jewelry store before heading home. I remember at that season's reunion Moaner implied Simon might be abusive because he got so angry and asked if Alex was fearful. Alex explained that Simon was pissed off because she wasn't feeling well and they just wanted to get home but the driver (probably a Bravo assistant) kept missing a turn requiring several retakes.  The whole "you're ruining the surprise!" may have been frustration because Simon couldn't really say, " you're ruining the shot!" 

I watched it several times back then -- yea, I know -- and, while Alex is clearly uncomfortable, she comes across not at all scared but more OMG will this day ever end?

Ahhh okay, good. I'm about to start season 2! I would never peg Simon as abusive. They're a bit too co-dependent for my taste, kind of a weird couple, but I definitely think they love and respect each other a lot. If I would have suspected any of the early husbands of abuse it would be the Count. There was an episode where Lu went to meet her niece for drinks and she was saying things like, "Now that The Count is out of town, I can go out and do what I want". Not those exact words, but it left the impression that The Count didn't like her going out and could be controlling when he was at home. She said a few other things, about how he would have responded to the lice situation, that made me leery. 

18 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

This is exactly why it didn't bother me that much when Beth shrieked at Lu in the Berkshires last season. Lu has been condescending and arrogant and haughty toward so many people for so long and so often -- even with, I think it was, one of Victoria's friends at the luncheon during which Lu was teaching them "proper" table manners. The girl asked if it was acceptable to slice up one's meat completely before eating it. Lu had to laugh in that haughty way of hers. It was obvious she had embarrassed the girl.

And she can be subtle about it, so you're not even quite sure if she's insulted you. But it was constant and completely unnecessary and toward completely undeserving  targets

As a B fan, I still think she went too far. But it's not because I give a damn about Lu. I just think of it in terms of what your behavior says about YOU, not the other person. But anyway, YES - her haughty manner is so grating. At the season 1 reunion Ramona pronounced "derriere" incorrectly, and Lu corrected her....with a laugh. I HATE that laugh. It's so superior. I think SHE thinks if she laughs about it she doesn't come off as mean, but it has the exact opposite effect for me. 

I think what I love most about season one is that Francois gives no fucks. His parents are trying so hard to be these cultured, sophisticated people with very successful children. So they take him to an interview at some prestigious school and he refuses to put the shapes in the right places. He never wants to speak French. He is constantly bucking the system and I love him for it! 

But I will say, I was actually with Ramona when she became appalled at his dinner behavior in the final episode. I have kids and I know how crazy they can get. I try not to judge other parents, and I bet it was very late and they were over it. So I'm not blaming the kids. But Alex and Simon should NOT have let Francois stab Jason's burger like that. I would have taken my child out of there if they were behaving like that. No question. A fit, some loudness, that's one thing. But damaging someone's food or possessions? Nope. 

• Love 10

And she can be subtle about it, so you're not even quite sure if she's insulted you. But it was constant and completely unnecessary and toward completely undeserving  targets. 

She did master the art of passive-aggressive insults. Every time she went on her "Well, that's not how I live my life" or "Well, that's not how things work in my world" or whatever variation shtick, I could almost picture her thinking "You cheap wanton slut" after she said most of those phrases...

They're a bit too co-dependent for my taste, kind of a weird couple, but I definitely think they love and respect each other a lot.

Didn't they say they were "One mind, two bodies", or some variation?

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

But I will say, I was actually with Ramona when she became appalled at his dinner behavior in the final episode. I have kids and I know how crazy they can get. I try not to judge other parents, and I bet it was very late and they were over it. So I'm not blaming the kids. But Alex and Simon should NOT have let Francois stab Jason's burger like that. I would have taken my child out of there if they were behaving like that. No question. A fit, some loudness, that's one thing. But damaging someone's food or possessions? Nope. 

Agreed!!!! That was the first time I *ever* ended up siding with Ramona in the hilariously infamous S1 episode arc((because I knew she was a nutcase as soon as she went so apeshit over Simon crashing the "girls night" party)).

I wasn't so appalled over Francois repeatedly stabbing Jason's burger as I was shocked over Alex & Simon's total nonreaction to the incident. They just sat there all amused by their kid acting like a complete savage!! Say what you will about Ramona, but I dare say she'd never allow her child to act like that and she at least controlled herself enough to not discipline the kid herself, but this is when Alex & Simon should've stepped in and let the kid know that this behavior wasn't cute or funny, but completely unacceptable.

Asshole parents usually raise asshole kids, after all---I'm willing to bet money that they're those annoying excuses of parents who bring their kids to fancy five star restaurants and let the kids run around acting the fool while they obliviously sip wine and forget to parent.

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I wasn't so appalled over Francois repeatedly stabbing Jason's burger as I was shocked over Alex & Simon's total nonreaction to the incident. They just sat there all amused by their kid acting like a complete savage!! Say what you will about Ramona, but I dare say she'd never allow her child to act like that and she at least controlled herself enough to not discipline the kid herself, but this is when Alex & Simon should've stepped in and let the kid know that this behavior wasn't cute or funny, but completely unacceptable.

Exactly. Kids aren't little robots and mine have certainly acted up in public a time or 178. But you won't see me just standing there laughing about it. You'll see me carting my kid out of the room, my head down in embarrassment, apologizing as I go. Simon asked Jason 1.0 - "You have boys, right? So you know how it is?" Ha. I have boys. My boys would never defile someone else's food! 

I did laugh at Ramona's claims about how well she raised Avery, though. She said something like, "By the age of 2 she knew not to touch the couch". Huh? The couch? Is she one of those people who has furniture you don't sit on? 

Anyhow, I'm on to season 2 now! It's so sad remembering how much I loved Jill and B's dynamic, knowing where they end up. 

Simon and Alex crack me up. Season one they were all, "We don't do the Hamptons, we go to St. Barth's. Now they're sleeping in some un-air conditioned attic just so they can be at the Hamptons. Maybe they weren't as refreshingly honest about their social climbing as I thought? Oh well, still good, light hearted fun. 

Lu Ann is at a party informing the wait staff, "Oh no, The Countess doesn't drink beer from a bottle". Ugh, she is just so full of herself. 

Kelly is introduced this season. When she's not being a narcissistic asshole, I just find her boring. 

• Love 9

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern - @Lisin, @OnceSane, @Mya Stone, @Aethera.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.

The "Place of Yes" meeting! Squeeee. "Evidently she's Madonna". I'm sorry, but if Loving Bethenny is wrong, I don't want to be right. 

Next up - the "I'm up here, you're done here" conversation & Jill telling Mario she's going to punch him out. "Ga'head". Oh man, I can't get over these early seasons. I've missed them so much. 

I hope I can get to Silex's renovated bordello before my Hulu free trial is up. 

• Love 10

I really miss MickeyMouth pictures. This person still has a Twitter account and they used to post the most fabulous photoshopped pics of the housewives

There was one of Kelly Bensimone sitting at the beach with a tub of Elmer's Glue paste and she was licking the stick

Here is the one I was able to find

roadtomorocco23.jpg?w=398&h=600

• Love 8

Oh my gosh, Kelly and her joory line. Joo-ry. Make it stop. I love how she's bragging about who has worn her stuff - Amanda Bynes, Witney Houston. Someone get this girl a crystal ball. Or a time machine. 

Jill working at Zarin. Trying to help a couple with blinds for their apartment. And Ginger is running wild through the place, biting customers!!! So it's appalling when the VanKempen children run wild....and when Kelly and Max have a pillow fight....but your little pooch can just run amok and nip at people? Hypocrite. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I really miss MickeyMouth pictures. This person still has a Twitter account and they used to post the most fabulous photoshopped pics of the housewives

Have you seen IndigoOscar@Twitter? He does some great photshops, he has Carole as Bethenny's lap dog and Luann as Cersei and Bethenny as the shame shame shame nun. 

I don't think he's posted new ones in awhile though.

• Love 2

It's crazy how obtuse Jill was about the 2008 crash. She's talking about how they're not spending as much because of "the economy", but then Bobby gets her a new Mercedes SUV. AND she still claims "Don't think he's not still getting me a birthday present". Thennnnn....she's pissed because her iphone doesn't connect to the car so she has a little fit and Bobby says he'll just drive this one and get her another car. I don't know if he was serious, but damn. 

And then she gets interviewed for BBC about how the crash is effecting people and she talks about charities not getting as many donations and teaching people in Africa "to fish". WOW. 

Ramona started early getting her digs in on Bethenny with the whole "Jill always roots for the underdog bit". She just doesn't learn. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

It's crazy how obtuse Jill was about the 2008 crash. She's talking about how they're not spending as much because of "the economy", but then Bobby gets her a new Mercedes SUV. AND she still claims "Don't think he's not still getting me a birthday present". Thennnnn....she's pissed because her iphone doesn't connect to the car so she has a little fit and Bobby says he'll just drive this one and get her another car. I don't know if he was serious, but damn. 

And then she gets interviewed for BBC about how the crash is effecting people and she talks about charities not getting as many donations and teaching people in Africa "to fish". WOW. 

Ramona started early getting her digs in on Bethenny with the whole "Jill always roots for the underdog bit". She just doesn't learn. 

Well Jill went to the Trump Inauguration and the Women's March.

Jill was absolutely serious, but she is so clueless.

• Love 2

Aaaaand, Sonja has arrived. It's a bit shocking how disheveled she looks on her first appearance - when Lu comes over to pick out clothes for charity - but the townhome doesn't look too bad. YET. 

I love how she has to make sure we (and Lu) know that she has a HOUSEKEEPER and an ELEVATOR. And the HOUSEKEEPER will be sending garments up to them in the ELEVATOR. (In reality, a starving intern probably had to stop Sharpie-ing purses for a minute and break his/her back getting that elevator to the next floor.)

Also, who was that guy Kelly dated for a minute? Max? Because Sonja has a freaking picture of him and her in her house!!! Damn, girl gets around. 

I'm hating rewatching the Beth-Jill breakup. It's so clear to me that Bethenny was really and truly hurt by it all, and Jill just wanted to "win". She clearly read the room wrong. 

But I forgot the way Lu acted during it all - speaking for Jill and getting her to leave in the middle of conversations, like she was "rescuing" her. Wow, she really didn't want her newfound BFF status to go away, did she? 

• Love 10

Okay, I know I'm likely just talking to myself at this point, but I just started my re-watch of season 5 and I had to get this off my chest:

As vile as I KNOW Ramona to be, I did not find her interactions with Heather at the start of this season to be that bad. From getting another look, it appears to me that Heather came into the show looking for a reason to hate Ramona. It was as if she had watched, studied, and KNEW what side she was going to land on. Because she was making snide remarks in her talking head before Ramona had even really done anything! She mocked her for showing off her cover on some learning annex publication, and she acted all confused when Ramona invited her to the Hampton's. But nothing had really happened! 

And that's partly what annoys me with Heather. She was acting SO OTT nice and schmarmy to Ramona, it's no wonder Ramona invited her to things. It's no wonder Ramona was miffed about London. So yea, I remember liking Heather later (I think?), but this season 5 Heather? Not a fan. 

Oddly, I kind of like Aviva right now. But I know that tide will turn! Hahaha

• Love 6

ghoulina, you're not talking to yourself. I'm rewatching on Hulu, too. I'm on the Cindy Barshop season. She was not that interesting, but I am enjoying her calling Ramona and Sonja bitches every 5 seconds.

Ramona just keeps shrieking for pinot grigio everywhere she goes. Unbelievable. She is the only person in the world who could watch this and think she comes off well. 

• Love 9

Wow. Watching the fortune teller in Morocco scene. Sonja is bawling at Ramona, "What if Mario leaves you when Avery goes off to college?"

Then in her TH, Sonja says, "I have known Ramona for a long time... from before she married Mario. Trust me, nobody wants to see Ramona single again."

I realize now, Sonja was the fortune teller. 

• Love 19
6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Wow. Watching the fortune teller in Morocco scene. Sonja is bawling at Ramona, "What if Mario leaves you when Avery goes off to college?"

Then in her TH, Sonja says, "I have known Ramona for a long time... from before she married Mario. Trust me, nobody wants to see Ramona single again."

I realize now, Sonja was the fortune teller. 

Been reading because I love to look back but haven't had the opportunity to rewatch too many episodes. 

When did Sonja become what she is now? I seem to recall for a season or two she was reasonable and her observations were spot on. Hell it wa her that tried to be the buffer between kelly and the other women in scary island so when did she turn the corner?

• Love 4

Sonja was really only "normal", IMO that tail end of season 3 that she was on. And I think that was because with Kelly and Scary Island, she was completely overshadowed. But I feel her messiness and delusions were on FULL display by season four. As hyper-OTT Simon and Alex were about it, Sonja absolutely pulled a diva move by shutting Simon out of speaking at the marriage equality march. She also lectured Cindy about a "pecking order", and how you MUST have pinot on hand for Ramona at all times. There were a lot more occasions, but that's all I can summon up right now. I think her going off the rails is a progression, and it's definitely at its worst in the last few seasons, but she was a mess the minute she joined the cast. 

• Love 8

Yes, I must agree with ghoulina. Sonja was extremely insightful and compassionate when Kelly lost her mind that night at Scary Island. But in the following season, she was quite the diva and also embarrassing. Condescending, conceited and unreasonable with Alex, Simon and Cindy. Then she "forgot" part of her costume at her own party, so that most of her ass was exposed. Didn't wear underwear during the photoshoot for the toaster oven cookbook cover, and flashed everyone. 

Kelly is a joke. She claimed that everyone bullied her at Scary Island. But during the most innocent conversation with Cindy-- Cindy wanted to call her twins from Morocco. Kelly interrogated Cindy in an extremely obnoxious and aggressive way. Almost implying that Cindy was a idiot for wanting to communicate with the twins on the phone, since they were so young. 

• Love 5

Kelly LOVES to overtalk people and control the situation. I remember her ordering Alex around in Morocco and insisting, "you're not angry, you're hurt" over and over. Ugh, she was too much. 

• Love 7

I am impressed that Alex stayed relatively calm. I think, in that position, with such an exceptionally idiotic person talking to me that way, I might just have shoved Kelly, and I haven't been physically aggressive since I was 6 years old. 

Remember how Kelly confides in Lu while they are in the car that someone slapped her once? I kind of understand why that would happen. I do NOT condone violence at all. But Kelly is infuriating and so stupid but considers herself superior.  

• Love 3

Can I get a shout-out for season 5 Carole? When they were in London, she was getting fed-up with LuAnn and her tendency to one-up everyone all the time. "Oh, you wrote a book? So did I." It really WAS out of a hand. So at dinner one night, Carole starts giving her a taste of her own medicine. "Oh, you did gymnastics? So did I?" "Oh, you played softball? Well, I played softball AND basketball AND football!" I know it's so immature and petty, but I was laughing my ass off. 

Sonja and that disastrous musical performance for Reid and Avita's anniversary party? Yikes. 

• Love 11
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Can I get a shout-out for season 5 Carole? When they were in London, she was getting fed-up with LuAnn and her tendency to one-up everyone all the time. "Oh, you wrote a book? So did I." It really WAS out of a hand. So at dinner one night, Carole starts giving her a taste of her own medicine. "Oh, you did gymnastics? So did I?" "Oh, you played softball? Well, I played softball AND basketball AND football!" I know it's so immature and petty, but I was laughing my ass off. 

Sonja and that disastrous musical performance for Reid and Avita's anniversary party? Yikes. 

Was that "Jingle Bells in your Heinie"?

• Love 2

Oh gosh, I don't even know what they were saying. It was just bad. 

Current episode - Sonja just breezed into the meeting Heather set up with some connections of hers, so they could discuss branding for the toaster oven. And Sonja referred to herself as "Mrs. J.P. Morgan". Sorry, honey, I know he's an heir, but your husband wasn't J.P. himself. She's nothing if not delusional. 

• Love 8

Ooooh, I forgot about Lu trying to trick Ramona with her own wine. I can't stand Ramona, but "The Countess" is so fucking pretentious. What an asshole move. 

Aaaaaand now we're onto George. I really should skip the episodes he's in. He just makes me skin crawl. It's not even just how vile he is with the other women, but he's even vile with his own daughter! He has made comments like, "Look at that body!" and "If I weren't your father". If MY father ever spoke to me like that, I'd never speak to him again. Well, we already don't speak.....but that's another matter! How inappropriate! I think this is when I started to sour on Aviva because she acts all faux-appalled, yet she's the one trotting him out around her friends and bringing up various stories, like she thinks everyone will find him so amusing. It's sick.

• Love 8

Oh! Forgot a couple of great Ramona-isms from the recent episodes. She just called George "vurul" instead of virile. And at dinner she was trying to describe the spice in her salad and it finally dawned on her that it was cilantro, but at first she was saying "corrado" or "collado" - something like that. It was crazy. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Oh! Forgot a couple of great Ramona-isms from the recent episodes. She just called George "vurul" instead of virile. And at dinner she was trying to describe the spice in her salad and it finally dawned on her that it was cilantro, but at first she was saying "corrado" or "collado" - something like that. It was crazy. 

Ok, possible explanation.  Cilantro is also called coriander. So, she might have been combing cilantro and coriander and that was how she came up with corrado.  I see it all the time with people (I'm a speech therapist so I spend a lot of time analyzing random people's language). She was having trouble coming up with the name and combined the two names. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Ok, possible explanation.  Cilantro is also called coriander. So, she might have been combing cilantro and coriander and that was how she came up with corrado.  I see it all the time with people (I'm a speech therapist so I spend a lot of time analyzing random people's language). She was having trouble coming up with the name and combined the two names. 

Makes sense. I would love to hear an explanation for burrow the hodgit, or whatever she said at the Mad Hatter party. ; )

• Love 5
Just now, hoodooznoodooz said:

Makes sense. I would love to hear an explanation for burrow the hodgit, or whatever she said at the Mad Hatter party. ; )

It is almost like she is exhibiting phonemic paraphasias. So, she is shooting for a word but substitutes out for a nonword while keeping either the syllablic count or part of the original word. It is usually caused by a lesion to the brain from a stroke but some people will just exhibit them for no reason.  I have seen chronic drinkers exhibit these issues too. 

• Love 8
22 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Current episode - Sonja just breezed into the meeting Heather set up with some connections of hers, so they could discuss branding for the toaster oven. And Sonja referred to herself as "Mrs. J.P. Morgan". Sorry, honey, I know he's an heir, but your husband wasn't J.P. himself. She's nothing if not delusional. 

She does this all the time. I think she's afraid that people won't know that J.A. is from the J.P. Morgan family so she introduces herself as being married to J.P. Morgan. I wish someone would respond to her that she looks great for a woman of almost 200. Though this is the same woman who decided to randomly acquire her ex-husband's John Adams ancestry to become Sonja Tremont Adams Morgan.

7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Ooooh, I forgot about Lu trying to trick Ramona with her own wine. I can't stand Ramona, but "The Countess" is so fucking pretentious. What an asshole move.

I thought that was so mean and obnoxious. And Lu's attempts to claim that it wasn't mean-spirited were pathetic. She absolutely hoped to humiliate Ramona. Unfortunately, Ramona knew her Ramona Pinot.

5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

They just had a quiz on WWHL where Andy asked the guests how Ramona pronounces reggae. 

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I thought that was so mean and obnoxious. And Lu's attempts to claim that it wasn't mean-spirited were pathetic. She absolutely hoped to humiliate Ramona. Unfortunately, Ramona knew her Ramona Pinot.

She did! I gotta say, before the split with Mario, when she really lost her mind, she always truck me as a pretty savvy business woman. If she's going to do something, she's going to go all in. 

35 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

They just had a quiz on WWHL where Andy asked the guests how Ramona pronounces reggae. 

Doesn't she say it like, "reh-GAY"?

• Love 5

I have to say, while not as "scary", I forgot how delicious the season 5 St. Barth's trip was. Forget pirate-gate (which was Lu in her TRUE colors). Aviva's big, dramatic arrival. "It was so hard" over and over. And expecting everyone to fall down at Reid's feet and offer up their firstborn son, for delivering Aviva. 

Now, I do think Ramona and Sonja could have let it go and been a bit more accepting of the idea. But I get why they were irritated. Just Russ being there wasn't a big deal, because his concert was the whole reason for the trip anyhow. And he really stayed out of the way. Once ANOTHER man comes, it definitely becomes more couplely. And they felt uncomfortable doing the things they were doing when it was just the girls. I get it. I would have been very fake nice about it, but I get it. 

Calling them "white trash" was so uncool. I'm with the Countess - "that we could have skipped". BUT - it led to the hilarious Googling of "white trash" scene; so, for that, I am eternally grateful. Few things make me laugh less than Sonja - "Well, hillbillies can be welcoming. Welcome to my trailer". Bahahaha

• Love 11
On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:45 PM, diadochokinesis said:

It is almost like she is exhibiting phonemic paraphasias. So, she is shooting for a word but substitutes out for a nonword while keeping either the syllablic count or part of the original word. It is usually caused by a lesion to the brain from a stroke but some people will just exhibit them for no reason.  I have seen chronic drinkers exhibit these issues too. 

am I hoping for too much by wishing that you watched Teen Mom OG and could go to town on the Farrah-isms?

• Love 1
On 8/7/2017 at 11:42 AM, ghoulina said:

Okay, I know I'm likely just talking to myself at this point, but I just started my re-watch of season 5 and I had to get this off my chest:

As vile as I KNOW Ramona to be, I did not find her interactions with Heather at the start of this season to be that bad. From getting another look, it appears to me that Heather came into the show looking for a reason to hate Ramona. It was as if she had watched, studied, and KNEW what side she was going to land on. Because she was making snide remarks in her talking head before Ramona had even really done anything! She mocked her for showing off her cover on some learning annex publication, and she acted all confused when Ramona invited her to the Hampton's. But nothing had really happened! 

And that's partly what annoys me with Heather. She was acting SO OTT nice and schmarmy to Ramona, it's no wonder Ramona invited her to things. It's no wonder Ramona was miffed about London. So yea, I remember liking Heather later (I think?), but this season 5 Heather? Not a fan. 

Oddly, I kind of like Aviva right now. But I know that tide will turn! Hahaha

I think one of the issues with Heather and Ramona is that Heather's dad died 3 or 4 days before they started filming. Heather was also super nervous to be filming and you can tell. Additionally as Heather was talking about all of the challenges she had with Jax, Ramona started one upping and talking about how difficult Avery's birth was. After that, Ramona kept talking about how weird Heather was and how Heather had issues. It took Heather a very long time to get comfortable in front of the cameras. So basically, Heather was not in the right mental or emotional space to begin filming and the last person she should have been filming with at that time was Moaner. It's a shame that Alex quit when they demoted her to a friend for season 5. I'm sure that they would have bumped her up to full-time as they were filming because the cast really did need her as a bridge between the vets and the newbies.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think one of the issues with Heather and Ramona is that Heather's dad died 3 or 4 days before they started filming. Heather was also super nervous to be filming and you can tell. Additionally as Heather was talking about all of the challenges she had with Jax, Ramona started one upping and talking about how difficult Avery's birth was. After that, Ramona kept talking about how weird Heather was and how Heather had issues. It took Heather a very long time to get comfortable in front of the cameras. So basically, Heather was not in the right mental or emotional space to begin filming and the last person she should have been filming with at that time was Moaner. It's a shame that Alex quit when they demoted her to a friend for season 5. I'm sure that they would have bumped her up to full-time as they were filming because the cast really did need her as a bridge between the vets and the newbies.

Alex was demoted to being a friend for season five?  I don't remember that at all.  I thought they fired Jill, Kelly and Alex.

5 hours ago, teapot said:

am I hoping for too much by wishing that you watched Teen Mom OG and could go to town on the Farrah-isms?

Sorry!  I don't watch that one.  I'm just old enough that the show terrifies me and makes me want to lock up my 5 year old when she becomes a teenager. 

• Love 3

Alex was demoted to being a friend for season five?  I don't remember that at all.  I thought they fired Jill, Kelly and Alex.

Supposedly, Alex either quit or was let go (depending on who you ask) because they wanted her to be a Friend of, instead of a HW, for season 5, which she did not agree to.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

think one of the issues with Heather and Ramona is that Heather's dad died 3 or 4 days before they started filming. Heather was also super nervous to be filming and you can tell. Additionally as Heather was talking about all of the challenges she had with Jax, Ramona started one upping and talking about how difficult Avery's birth was. After that, Ramona kept talking about how weird Heather was and how Heather had issues. It took Heather a very long time to get comfortable in front of the cameras. So basically, Heather was not in the right mental or emotional space to begin filming and the last person she should have been filming with at that time was Moaner. It's a shame that Alex quit when they demoted her to a friend for season 5. I'm sure that they would have bumped her up to full-time as they were filming because the cast really did need her as a bridge between the vets and the newbies.

I do get that. And Ramona's one-upping was a bit obnoxious. But I just think, in comparison to how vile she can be, she wasn't really that bad at that time. I just got the vibe that Heather had watched all the previous seasons and came into the show ready to be at odds with Ramona. 

Of course, after a whole season with her, ANYONE (but Sonja) would be at odds with Ramona. 

She is a truly awful woman, but I do find myself on her side sometimes. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

Just finished season 5 and I am just so over Aviva and her crusade against Ramona. If she wasn't so OTT about it, it would land better. But she's being so damn dramatic, it loses all effect. "How dare you throw my 80-year-old father out of a party???" Like he's some frail senior on a day pass from his assisted living facility. This is the same man who is sticking his boner in the backs of much younger women and propositioning them with squiring orgasms. I think he can hold his own. And I totally think Aviva sent him there as her soldier and it was awkward, being that it was an all female event. I would have thrown his ass out too. 

But Ramona and Sonja ARE very rude. By the end of the season Heather has bent over backward to help Sonja launch her toaster oven, and the woman couldn't be more entitled and ungrateful. Then you've got Ramona inserting herself every 5 minutes and it's just a recipe for disaster. 

But I can just never really relate to Heather. I don't know what it is. 

The only person I come away from this season enjoying is Carole. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 5

Say what you will, but Aviva vs. Ramona/Sonja gave us lots of great moments, and not just the "You're white trash!" and "Take a xananx!". This was a good one too.

• Love 4

LOL, that scene is great. FTR, Sonja had a much better excuse for not attending the cycle event than Ramona. Her face was red? Who fucking cares. By the end every bitch in there has a red face - and is sweaty and gross! Sonja's actual excuse is fine, to me. Dogs ARE like family and if she legit thought this might be the end for Milou, I got no issues with that. But...with Sonja you never know if she's ramping the drama up to 5,000. Less is more darling. Just say, "My dog is very old and has been sick for awhile now. When I rushed him to the vet that day, I was preparing myself for the possibility that we would need to put him down right then and there. That's why I couldn't send someone else". But no. It's "He's a very proud dog, he's embarrassed to pee in the bed. My gay intern was in the bed." What? Who cares? And Ramona is over there  "It's the pill, it's gotta be the pill". Oh Lord, these two. 

• Love 5

@ghoulina Ramona could have been so much worse. I think Ramona was probably astute enough to realize how quickly she could have been axed. I'm sure that Heather had watched previous seasons, but I think Heather started off so badly with Ramona that they never recovered.

Aviva's likeability falls off a cliff so rapidly. Everyone was fairly accommodating of Aviva's various neuroses. Unfortunately, she never quite realizes how spoiled and entitled she is. She ends up taking reasonable requests and amping them up to ridiculous unreasonable levels. She's completely oblivious that buying a house with a private beach, a small island, or whatever it was is a rich spoiled princess response to her completely reasonable anxieties about being on the beach showing her leg.

• Love 4

I could not agree more about Aviva. I liked her at first, but wow. She freaks out at everyone else's "trashy" behavior, but thinks her father's inappropriate sexual behavior is something to just laugh off. And I agree she overdid it with all the phobias. She kept saying she didn't want to draw any attention to her issues, but then she's practically demanding a banner upon arriving in St. Barth's. Good grief. 

Also, forgot another great moment from that trip. Sonja - "You call me a double dealer? You'll see YOUR ass where it ends up!"

• Love 11

Also, forgot another great moment from that trip. Sonja - "You call me a double dealer? You'll see YOUR ass where it ends up!"

Luckily for us, it's still on Youtube lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, BBHN said:

Luckily for us, it's still on Youtube lol

So glad I took a break from this show when Aviva was on. I would have been a raging maniac if I had to sit through that insufferable bitch.

• Love 4

I just watched this a few days ago, but somehow I missed Sonja saying, "Yes! Let's bring Mr. Francis in. Is he still in jail?"

Damn, Sonja. Sometimes you're just wrong, but sometimes you're so wrong you're right. 

• Love 7

Kelly is making me stabby.  She knows two adjectives: weird and creepy. 

She tells Alex at the coffee shop, "You're all red. Stop it. It's starting to bother me."

She also tells Alex, "I don't like it. I don't like it."

I cannot express how much I hate the "songs," "Money Can't Buy You Class" and "Chic! C'est la Vie!" Did Lu use her own money to record them and to pay for the videos? Who encouraged her to sing? Who encouraged her to write these horrible lyrics?

• Love 7

Wow. Aviva really was quite likable, at the beginning.

Hilarious scene: Lu meets Ramona in Central Park to berate her for threatening to expose the drunken and/or drug-induced mishaps at Noel's party. Ramona starts babbling about how condescending Lu has always been. They go back and forth for a long time. Ramona continues denying that she did what Lu has accused her of doing. "I didn't do it! I'm too busy for that kind of stuff! I have no time! I don't even have time to get my nails done! ... Well, actually, I discovered this shellac. It's actually pretty good... It lasts a long time..." Then, I don't know if it's editing or what, but they show Lu still determined to exact an admission from Ramona, but glancing down two or three times, and it really looks like she's distracted because, by golly, Ramona's manicure really does look pretty good.

• Love 13