Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

I've only seen bits and pieces of his tweets on entertainment "news", but I honestly thought that he was either letting other people send his tweets out for him, or was sending them himself, as a joke.  The joke's on him.  He's not that bright, and it's glarlingly obvious that he is a very insecure person who is hanging onto a God complex with which he can't quite keep up.   He'll self destruct, and I don't see Kim being as forgiving, as helpful, or anywhere near as compassionate as Khloe is and has been with Lamar.  Kim is cold, cold, cold.  Her God(dess) complex dwarfs his - and she doesn't fight with the insecurity that he does. 

Edited by straightshooter
  • Love 7

Kim is about herself, I can't see her sticking around once Kanye goes downhill. Look at kris H. She dumped him as soon as she reliazed that marriage was more then a one day party. She will dump Kanye as soon as he cant open any more doors for her and her family due to his psychological problems. It's all about her and it always been all about herself.

• Love 5

Yeah, if he's in debt, that's already one strike against him as far as the Kardashians are considered ("You're poor now? Ugh, get away from us!"). But if he can still provide them with connections that'll get them into Grammy parties/red carpet appearances/fashions shows/hanging out with Jay-Z and Beyonce, well then the marriage of convenience is still on. If his crazyness gets rids of that...Kim will definitely show him out the door.

Kim is about herself, I can't see her sticking around once Kanye goes downhill. Look at kris H. She dumped him as soon as she reliazed that marriage was more then a one day party. She will dump Kanye as soon as he cant open any more doors for her and her family due to his psychological problems. It's all about her and it always been all about herself.

I think you're right, Roxiebear73. And also your post reminds me of the film clip of Kim, very pregnant with North, trailing Kanye in France when he didn't help her out of the car or literally open the door for her.

They're both complete assholes, it would be nice that they found each other but two kids have been dragged into their narcissism. I hope the nannies are just what those kids need to thrive.

• Love 1

Kanye strikes again lol. Now he is "threatening" not to go to the Grammys unless he is promised the Album of the year. This guy needs to be cut off Twitter. From his Twitter account " I'm practicing my Grammy Speech. I'm not going to the Grammys unless they promise me the Album of the Year!!! - Kanye, February 14, 2016 (Twitter)

Edited by RoxieBear73
  • Love 1

Kanye strikes again lol. Now he is "threatening" not to go to the Grammys unless he is promised the Album of the year. This guy needs to be cut off Twitter. From his Twitter account " I'm practicing my Grammy Speech. I'm not going to the Grammys unless they promise me the Album of the Year!!! - Kanye, February 14, 2016 (Twitter)

I hope he keeps his word - then, maybe I'll watch!  

• Love 1

Not for anything but I can't even laugh anymore, he's totally off the deep end. Now he's begging Mark Zuckerberg for help amongst other things. Some of his fans said that he admitted years ago to taking antidepressants and now in one of his new songs he references Lexapro which is for depression and anxiety. The way he's acting right now feels like a manic episode.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 1

So, there's a song mentioning Rob and Blac Chyna on Kanye's new album? A song that had to have been written, recorded, gone through production, all of that, many weeks ago at the very least?

Maaaaan, the last couple weeks of drama have been some kabuki kind of Kardashian bullshit, haven't they? Rob's finally got himself a storyline, that's all.

Several of the songs for the album have only been recorded in the last two weeks. Adding a rhyme about Rob and Black Chyna isn't hard.

Not for anything but I can't even laugh anymore, he's totally off the deep end. Now he's begging Mark Zuckerberg for help amongst other things. Some of his fans said that he admitted years ago to taking antidepressants and now in one of his new songs he references Lexapro which is for depression and anxiety. The way he's acting right now feels like a manic episode.

I don't follow him, but I peeked at his Twitter account. Seriously, it's really kind of scary.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 1

Kimmy and her family needs to take away his phone and computer and change the password. Kanye is completely losing it, comparing himself to Walt Disney and saying he's this generation king of music (this generation best musician alive) is proof that he lost it and going over the edge.

• Love 1

Public begging is never an attractive look.  Plus, Kim could bail him out financially and still have tens of millions left over and he needs to publicly beg Mark Zuckerberg for money?  Not a good commentary on the state of your marriage Kanye.

• Love 1

What is wrong with him?  It's a serious question.   

I've never followed him either, but am well aware that he tends to go crazy at times but this seems like he's gone over the edge.   $54 million in debt? Begging Mark Zuckerberg for money?  Begging people to sign up for Tidal?  Won't go to the Grammys unless he's promised a win?  It's all just too much all at once.  

Then there is this tweet which I am guessing is directed at Zuckerberg:

"you’d rather open up one school in Africa like you really helped the country…"

What, exactly has Kanye West ever done for anyone besides himself?  When it comes to charity and helping others, Zuckerberg is head and shoulders over Kanye West. Not even close.  

• Love 6

I would not be shocked if the $53 million debt didn't even include all his creditors, just the ones currently on his case. Even if this marriage wasn't a sham, Kim would be an idiot not to flee this dumpster fire, her resources are relatively finite.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 3

How selfish are the people who open schools in Africa instead of bailing a former millionaire out of his self created mess.

Also, if someone else bails him out now, I don't think he'll have any reason to not run up tens of millions of dollars in debt again. Why not? 

I wonder if he's put the touch on Caitlyn.

Edited by Cosmic Muffin
  • Love 5

The Grammy speech/guarantee me thing also is rich - considering he's not nominated for album of the year. But his girl, Taylor, is...

I'm betting if Taylor wins, Kanye will say the award is really his.  I mean if it wasn't for Kayne there would be no Taylor Swift.

Had to peak at his twitter too.  He's really, really going off the deep end.  Kind of scary because these seem way worse than his 'normal' rants.

Edited by Crucial
  • Love 1

Kim would be a fool to bail him out. Being in debt 53 million is not like the typical credit card any spouse might brush off and/or help with. And since saying he's proud of the debt he'll only keep spending and spending. Not to mention its not like he's broke, the last Forbes reported over the summer was that he was worth close to 110 million dollars.

• Love 1

Well, when Mark Z comes through with the $1 BILLION requested, he'll soon be back to creating "dope sh*t" like his creative soulmate, Walt D.

;)

Edited: he actually did tweet $1 billion in his request. I should be working...

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 4

I saw this article that might explain the debt,and if this is true he's truly a moron. Some people really dont deserve to have money. You hear stories all the time about these stars who were filthy rich at one time and end up bankrupt. And yeah totally agree that the never ending renovations is also contributing to debt.

The article was extremely interesting. It was written by a professional psychologist, Professor Geoff Beattie and carries a lot of credence for me. Rather than 'arm-chair-quarterbacking' the psyche of Kanye West, Geoff Beattie's professional opinion matters. It appears that Kanye West isn't a rare creature as far as narcissism and delusional behavior goes but Kanye West is very public figure and therefore is a great public example of emotional dysfunction. We don't very often get to witness first hand this type of abnormal behavior. The signs of narcissistic personality disorder are really quite easy to recognize once you know what to look for.

I don't see how his marriage to Kim or any woman can survive in the long term. She, of course, also has similar delusions of grandeur and very narcissistic. But Kanye West's narcissistic personality goes much deeper and more disturbing. Kanye will eventually go off the rails in both his personal life and career. What we're witnessing currently is disturbing, but what we're seeing is a mentally disturbed person starting to come apart at the seams. In a way, it's very sad that someone could possibly be that emotionally dysfunctional. On one hand people are concerned for Kanye West and his well-being, and on the other hand many people are cheering on the sidelines for him to be sacked.

• Love 6

How selfish are the people who open schools in Africa instead of bailing a former millionaire out of his self created mess.

Imagine that. Giving children the tools they need to rise out of poverty. Zuckerberg's a total asshole. And all the while, Kanye's artistic genius is languishing in the wings;)

Howmanywords, I agree Kim isn't responsible for bailing him out. She's not holding a gun to his head and forcing him to spend millions in an arena he doesn't have the talent for.

I have to add I feel horribly for North and Saint. My grandmother was a classic narcissist and she was absolutely brutal. One of the last times I saw her, she told me I needed to lose weight. I'm 5'7" and a size 6. In their eyes, you're never good enough. I think Kanye will dote on North and have ridiculous expectations for Saint, and Kim will be the reverse. I don't wish bad on the kids by any means, I've just seen the dynamic play out in own family.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 3

And narcs will move the goalposts. Bitterapple, if you had lost weight then something else would have been wrong with you. Maybe you would have been to skinny then. Narcs only see other people as extension and reflections of themselves. Narcissism is an injury, and therapy can treat it, but it's really rare for a narc to seek and stay with treatment. They don't feel like anything is wrong with them.

• Love 4

Narcissism is by no means rare.   I would say it's the number one cause of marriage breakdowns.   You just can't do the work a marriage takes if one person is always right and refuses to acknowledge any need to change anything.   Most of my cases that go to trial involve a narcissist of some degree because they just can't imagine not getting their own way so they won't compromise on a settlement.   

When two narcisists are married to each other, I cannot imagine what happens.   Maybe they just ignore each other because they are so focused on themselves, they literally can't see what is happening.   I agree, I feel sorry for the kids.   They are never going to be able to have their personalities, interests, etc.   It must all be a reflection of their parents.  

• Love 2

I agree, I feel sorry for the kids. They are never going to be able to have their personalities, interests, etc. It must all be a reflection of their parents.

Sadly we're seeing it already. Whenever they show North playing dress-up, she favors color and frilly outfits, yet Kanye has her dressed in heavy black boots and drab clothing. Kim had her out yesterday in below-zero temperatures with no hat, scarf or gloves. Because if Mommy has to suffer for fashion, North can too. What's a little pneumonia in comparison to showing off your faaabulous fur coat?

• Love 3

Can we mention Africa isn't a country, it's a continent and even 1 school is more than Kayne has done. At this point, I'm just waiting for the bipolar medical hold, ala Amanda Bynes. She started with the Twitter melt downs too. 

• Love 7

I think Kim will bail soon. She has her boy and girl she wanted. She's far too appearance and media aware to put up with this bullshit if it affects her financial future. Also not in possession of any loyalty to anyone but herself and in this scenario,I wouldn't even blame her.

• Love 3

What is wrong with him? It's a serious question.

I've never followed him either, but am well aware that he tends to go crazy at times but this seems like he's gone over the edge. $54 million in debt? Begging Mark Zuckerberg for money? Begging people to sign up for Tidal? Won't go to the Grammys unless he's promised a win? It's all just too much all at once.

Then there is this tweet which I am guessing is directed at Zuckerberg:

"you’d rather open up one school in Africa like you really helped the country…"

What, exactly has Kanye West ever done for anyone besides himself? When it comes to charity and helping others, Zuckerberg is head and shoulders over Kanye West. Not even close.

Doesn't Kanye know that Africa isn't a country?? I guess the theory that he's book smart is nothing but bullshit.

Kanye is a loose cannon. I wouldn't be surprised if they do a 5150 hold on him soon.

• Love 3

On one hand, it's really sad the way that Kanye is melting with the world watching.  On the other hand, I'm still skeptical that this doesn't relate to the release of his new album.  Is it a coincidence that his craziest rant yet (debt, Grammy's, whatever) all happens a few days after his new album drops?  Maybe or maybe not. 

I've always disliked Kanye, ever since the Taylor incident.  What kind of man jumps up to steal a teenager's thunder to 'stand up' for another artist who he isn't related to or dating?  I really think that the whole episode soured the way that people see Kanye, especially since Taylor has perfected the clean, friendly, cat-loving, girl next door type image while he has gone on batsh*t crazy rants like this one.  

Kim has to be cringing, she and the rest of the K's tightly control what gets out to the media and here is Kanye, completely screwing that up and embarrassing himself.  Besides, Kim likes to deal with stuff privately, not starting Twitter feuds that make the top story on US Magazine.  

Edited by ChocolateAddict
  • Love 6

I'm betting if Taylor wins, Kanye will say the award is really his.  I mean if it wasn't for Kayne there would be no Taylor Swift.

Had to peak at his twitter too.  He's really, really going off the deep end.  Kind of scary because these seem way worse than his 'normal' rants.

I think he's insane enough to be capable of anything. Way scary...
  • Love 1

I think Kim will bail soon. She has her boy and girl she wanted. She's far too appearance and media aware to put up with this bullshit if it affects her financial future. Also not in possession of any loyalty to anyone but herself and in this scenario,I wouldn't even blame her.

Unlike the type of narcissistic personality that Kanye has, Kim's is a little different. While Kanye requires attention whether it's positive or negative, it works for him. Kim on the other hand needs only positive reinforcement. Kim virtually subsists on praise. She will discard the negative comments and focus only on the positive ones because she requires those. I think that the negativity that Kanye is generating will be extremely difficult, if not impossible for Kim to deal with.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 2

Surely there is a pre-nup and surely Mama K made sure it was tight.  I hope so for Kim's sake.   He's quickly becoming an embarrassment to a family who have a pretty high bar for embarrassments.   Good grief - the lines in his song about her and Ray J, and maybe him and Taylor Swift having sex someday - it's a horrible way to treat your wife. Add to that the embarrassment of his publicly begging for money! \

Before this latest rant, I was reading the Do's and Dont's he gave to his models before his show - and it crossed my mind for a second that this must be Kim's life. He chooses her clothing (and she HAS to know, deep down, how hideous she looks in his selections), he "styles" her, and I'm guessing every public appearance comes with a lesson on how to walk, how to stand, how to pose etc.    If she's not over him yet, she will be soon enough.   And if he is having a breakdown - Kim is not Khloe.  She will not be by his side for the duration.

The Kardashian machine will throw him under the bus and Kim will come out smelling like a rose because he's giving her the ammunition.    I see next season of KUWTK writing itself right now.   I wonder if the entry he gave her into his world - the Vogue cover, hobnobbing with Anna Wintour - was really worth it in the end.  

ETA:  He's at it again.  More tweets about money and his "ideas".  This guy is losing it.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 3

Kanye just unleashed his latest Twitter rantings and just after his rantings Kim releases her top Grammy looks. What a family and it speaks volumes at where Kim's thoughts are. Let me ignore my hubbys losing his mind, and make it all about me and what I look like.

Edited by RoxieBear73
  • Love 2

Unlike the type of narcissistic personality that Kanye has, Kim's is a little different. While Kanye requires attention whether it's positive or negative, it works for him. Kim on the other hand needs only positive reinforcement. Kim virtually subsists on praise. She will discard the negative comments and focus only on the positive ones because she requires those. I think that the negativity that Kanye is generating will be extremely difficult, if not impossible for Kim to deal with.

I agree, I recall her telling Khloe that she needed to get some really hot pictures of hersel on the Internet and that when she got enough of them they would push the bad "fat" Khloe pictures off the radar. Overcome bad with good. Kanye never stops with the bad. I see the end coming soon too.

• Love 1

I saw the headline about the Zuckerberg thing and had to come over here to see what's what, which led me to the Twitter feed. I honestly don't know what to think.

On one hand, it's really sad the way that Kanye is melting with the world watching.  On the other hand, I'm still skeptical that this doesn't relate to the release of his new album.  Is it a coincidence that his craziest rant yet (debt, Grammy's, whatever) all happens a few days after his new album drops?  Maybe or maybe not.

That's partly where I am on this. Is the public being played? Is this a massive (and misguided) publicity stunt on his part? I haven't been following All Things Kardashian/Jenner/West lately, so I have no idea how things have been playing out in regards to the stuff that "leaks" its way into the headline and then subsequently ends up on the show or promoting some product they're putting out. But it seems there's been a bit of a history there: "events" happen and there's lots of little headlines and the voila!, there's a storyline or there's an app or a television show released about it! (I think Caitlyn's transition is one of the most obvious examples - all the little teases and then the pictures and suddenly she's talking to Diane Sawyer and then the I Am Cait show is announced). So, in my mind, it's entirely possible that Kanye is engaging in a good bit of shameless self promotion.

However, in scrolling through his tweets, it hit me those tweets are really kind of crazy. I do think he is deluded in some manner. The question is, is he "crazy like a fox" (as the saying goes) or is he really starting to slide? As a fellow human being, I hope this is just a massive publicity stunt (which, maybe, just maybe, will piss people off at being taken in). If it's not, he probably needs some sort of help, certainly for the sake of his children, because he's beginning to lose touch with reality. For example, is he really, sincerely asking Zuckerberg for money, or does he know that will generate attention and publicity, driving people (like me) to his twitter feed, where he can pimp his fashion line and create anticipation for his album? When I worked at the public library, it was fairly normal for some of the mentally ill/challenged people (some of which were homeless) to come in and ask for Bill Gates'/Microsoft's mailing address so they could write him and ask him for some financial help because things were tight. Really, there's no difference between that and what Kanye's doing, other than he's using a different medium to do the ask, and since he's world-famous, he's getting loads of attention for it.

So I don't know if I believe he's really off his rocker now, or if he's half faking it for the attention it's getting him. Make no mistake: I think anyone who does this sort of stuff for attention has some sort of mental illness. However, is it as out of control as it appears in his twitter feed? Again, with this crew, you don't know where the line between reality and "reality television" is.

If it's real and he's melting down, I am not entirely sure the Kardashians will throw him under the bus. I think it would depend on how broke he really is and how sick he really is. If he turns into a Phil Spector, then yeah, I can see them dumping his ass. However, if there's some sort of redemption on the horizon, I think they'll take the risk and take the ride all the way for the favorable publicity and financial payoff. Kanye has a lot of fans and respect in his industry, and I don't think Kris will give that up if she thinks sticking by him will buy them some respectability.

Finally, I may have to watch the grammy's tonight (for the first time in years) to see what he does. Come on - you know he's going to insert himself into it somehow. He needs to be tied to his seat.

• Love 2

I dont even think this is all for the sake of drumming up album sales because right now you cant even purchase it. What's going on with the album drop is bizarre. When it first dropped you could at least buy it through kanyewest.com but he pulled it after a few hours. Now you have to subscribe to Tidal and can only stream it.  It wont be available until next week from other outlets because apparently he's making even more changes.

From his latest tirade:

If I spent my money on my ideas I could not afford to take care of my family. I am in a place that so many artist end up.

I'm sure poor North and Saint are on the verge of starving.

eta: I dont think this is fake because some of his fans are saying for a while they've know he's bi-polar (which explains so much). IMO this is a manic episode.

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 2

I think Kris knows Kim has to tread carefully on this one. Kanye will lose his shit if the trophy wife he coveted for so long decides to dump him and take the kids. This is a guy who wasn't afraid to go after Taylor Swift, and Taylor is infinitely more powerful in Hollywood than Kim. Kanye would dish more dirt on Kim than a bulldozer digging a foundation. I think that's part of the reason why Kim hasn't pulled the plug yet.

Eta: Regarding the album, should we take that as a sign that Kanye has dumped money into Tidal? Otherwise, why make it available only through them when the entire world downloads music primarily through iTunes?

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1

Kanye just unleashed his latest Twitter rantings and just after his rantings Kim releases her top Grammy looks. What a family and it speaks volumes at where Kim's thoughts are. Let me ignore my hubbys losing his mind, and make it all about me and what I look like.

Honestly, I kinda don't blame her on this one. He's so far off the rails right now, the less she involves herself the better and I'm pretty sure her Grammy looks stuff was pre-programmed to post for her about a month ago by whoever posts stuff for her. 

Looks like Kris Jenner is already releasing info regarding Kim and Kanye money situation. She made it very clear that Kim is the "rich one" in the relationship. The article said "source", but we know that source is Kris Jenner http://www.people.com/article/kim-kardashian-west-kanye-west-earnings-who-makes-more

Well, that didn't take long! Article is dated today, too.

Somewhere in the basement of Kris's house, a Kardashian minion is probably making screenshots of every Kanye tweet. Just in case...

• Love 2