Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

Well, that didn't take long! Article is dated today, too.

Somewhere in the basement of Kris's house, a Kardashian minion is probably making screenshots of every Kanye tweet. Just in case...

Now that is funny lol. I got to wonder what Kimmy and Kris thinking. They thought they got everything made, a rich man who held the key to the kingdom and made them even richer and more popular then ever. Now that very same man is showing that he is sick and losing it by the day, and he is ruining their brand.

• Love 3

Kris has always said this.   She always said that Kanye was lucky to have Kim.   Never mind Kim wouldn't have had Vogue, or been invited to the Met Ball without him, Kris has to promote the family as the valuable part of the relationship.   Otherwise, they got nothing. 

As for Kanye not wanting to use his own money for his ideas, then you don't do them.   If you can't promote your bizzare ideas and feed your family, then you give something up.   Or you don't get gold marble for your home so you can, you know, feed your kids.   Believe it or not, North and Saint don't give a damn if the commode is gold plated or not, they just want to flush stuff down it to watch the water swirl.

• Love 6

Why would he spend his own money? he thinks he is God and we the simple earthlings should bow down to him and believe everything he says and does and give him money so he can waste it. If he is such a genius, then live and act like a human and stop acting like an ass every chance he gets.

• Love 1

Remember when Tom Cruise was acting completely crazy in public about 10 years ago? And he had that bizarre interview with Matt Lauer? He seemed pretty manic then, and he was surrounded by a cult that doesn't believe in psychiatry. Supposedly after that interview, where he denouced psychiatry and psychiatric drugs, if I recall, he believed that America's youth would take to the street to support him and his beliefs. When that didn't happen, in fact he was widely ridiculed he was supposedly baffled. Kanye seems to be in a very similar place, but without the cult part of the syncophants that surround him.

• Love 3

Hes at it again. Someone needs to intervene or something 

To Pitchfork, Rolling Stone, New York Times, and any other white publication. Please do not comment on black music anymore.

This was made with love. Only God can judge me. So I only expect love back!!!

My album will never never never be on Apple. And it will never be for sale... You can only get it on Tidal.

The only reason I could think of why he would choose to be exclusive to Tidal is out of loyalty to JayZ

The only reason I could think of why he would choose to be exclusive to Tidal is out of loyalty to JayZ

I honestly don't think that Jay Z wants to be associated with Kanye at the moment.  Jay Z and Beyonce want to be seen as serious artists and Kanye is a laughing stock right now. 

Kanye truly doesn't seem to understand why people don't like his clothes or the fact that he insulted Taylor.  In his mind, he is a creative genius and anyone who disagrees is a jealous hater who doesn't understand fashion or music.  He seems genuinely bewildered when people criticize him because he is the "greatest artist of this generation and every other generation" and the reincarnation of Picasso or whatever.  

He has bought into his own hype so much that he can't believe that everyone else hasn't too.  

• Love 3

On one hand, it's really sad the way that Kanye is melting with the world watching.  On the other hand, I'm still skeptical that this doesn't relate to the release of his new album.  Is it a coincidence that his craziest rant yet (debt, Grammy's, whatever) all happens a few days after his new album drops?  Maybe or maybe not. 

I've always disliked Kanye, ever since the Taylor incident.  What kind of man jumps up to steal a teenager's thunder to 'stand up' for another artist who he isn't related to or dating?  I really think that the whole episode soured the way that people see Kanye, especially since Taylor has perfected the clean, friendly, cat-loving, girl next door type image while he has gone on batsh*t crazy rants like this one.  

Kim has to be cringing, she and the rest of the K's tightly control what gets out to the media and here is Kanye, completely screwing that up and embarrassing himself.  Besides, Kim likes to deal with stuff privately, not starting Twitter feuds that make the top story on US Magazine.  

This is the other thing I've got floating around in my head.  I think he's been around the Kardashians and their bonus appendages - their phones - long enough to have adopted their belief that press is press, and that whether the public is talking smack or singing their praises, at least we're talking about them....

A possible meltdown at SNL. It sounds like Kim had to step in to calm him down. I hope Kim is less smug now, than when Kourtney and Khloe had issues with Scott and Lamar.

http://pagesix.com/2016/02/15/kanye-west-has-epic-meltdown-backstage-at-snl/

I saw this article a few minutes ago and now I'm convinced that Kanye is spiraling into a real mental breakdown. He may have been bluffing just to prove how important he thinks he is, but it was unprofessional of him to threaten to walk out leaving SNL in the lurch. I don't feel sorry a bit for Kim, she knew what she was getting. She thought it would be worth it, but I think their better days together are in the past. This type of behavior will surely get him dis-invited from appearances. Nobody wants to deal with a high-strung performer that threatens an entire show.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 5

What is it they say?  A Grammy is the best revenge?  Taylor won Album of the Year and adroitly slammed Kanye without ever saying his name.

What did she say? I don't want to watch any of it.

What did she say? I don't want to watch any of it.

I don't remember verbatim, but it went something like this: "As the first woman to win album of the year twice, I want to tell young women that somewhere along the way some people will try to undercut you and take credit for your achievements. This win is all mine."

• Love 7

Thanks chocolatine & Artsda, I decided to listen to it, & yes, it was pretty awesome. I can't wait to see how he responds, or maybe Kim will sit on him until he promises not to tweet again.

• Love 2

I was waiting to see how he responded to Kylie & Puma, but now that just got over shadowed by Taylor. Too much for him to rant at, what will he choose? lol

I hope someone tells him too that she also won the Grammy for best music video & another for best pop album. Taylor 3 - Kanye 0.

• Love 5

Hes still rambling just shocked he hasnt went off on the Grammy's or Puma though. Lots of babble about his vision. Then he thanks Adidas for providing with the resources to make his vision come to light but he still says he hopes Adidas will give him an even bigger type of deal like Lebron has. No that doesnt sound ungrateful at all! This is interesting though:

so people laughed when I said I wanted to be able to take care of my family …

but if you don’t have your paper right, there's a chance that your family can be broken up

when Sway was telling me what to do, I was in debt, and had a child…

When Charlemagne was calling me "donkey of the day" I was in debt

Maybe Kim or Kris already got on his case when they realized he was dumping so much money into a something destined for failure.

Wow - Taylor Swift - that was beautifully done!

There was also this wonderful response from whoever tweets for the Grammys to his "I'm not going" tweet:

1y7jvs.jpg

Holy cow!  I'm cringing each time I read something new that may set it off - the big one, that is.   Yikes.

Sick. Delusional. Narcissist.

And dangerous.

It's like watching a slow-moving trainwreck.  I sense a frightening meltdown of epic proportions coming up.  The question is, who is he going to take down with him?

I wonder if Kim ever looks in the mirror and sobs over what her life has become with Kanye.  If I were her, I'd be scared for her children's sake.

• Love 2

And dangerous.

It's like watching a slow-moving trainwreck.  I sense a frightening meltdown of epic proportions coming up.  The question is, who is he going to take down with him?

I wonder if Kim ever looks in the mirror and sobs over what her life has become with Kanye.  If I were her, I'd be scared for her children's sake.

She can't sob, her face is frozen. All we get is the ugly cry..

• Love 9

Re Kanye's claim that he's $53 million in debt, if it's true, then to quote The Simpson's Nelson Munz, "Ha-Ha!"  This is karma at its best. Looks like all the shade that Kanye has thrown has hit him where it really hurts: his wallet. Kanye's begging Mark Zuckerberg to bail him out is the icing on the cake, like he doesn't have much better things to do with his time and money than saving Kanye's crazy ass. Somewhere, Taylor Swift is laughing at Kanye, and rightfully so. Instead of wasting time and money on his shitty music and shitty clothes, Kanye should get some much-needed and long overdue psychiatric help, because he needs it, to put it mildly.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 4

The separation announcement is coming any day now. Kanye's imploding and there's nothing in it for Kim anymore. She's a laughingstock, which is no bueno for a woman who's built her brand convincing dimwitted girls her life is so much better and more fabulous than theirs.

Kris is already laying out the exit strategy. She planted the People story, she's got Kim playing the doting mommy by taking North ice skating, and she's letting Kanye do the rest. Nobody would blame Kim for leaving him now, so there's no better time to get out....and request crazy child support.

• Love 2

Kim hasn't had any sympathy for anyone else's issues with mental health, Rob in particular. I hope she's learning something through all this.

Kim doesn't seem to the Person who cares about anyone but herself. Look at the way she treated Rob and Lamar, and even Scott. She feels that if they can't get help on their own then let them be and suffer on their own. Didn't end well for Lamar, he ended up in emerg, Scott had a breakdown and ended up in counselling, Rob went into hiding due to their attitudes about mental illnesses. As long as it doesn't interfere with them making money, Kimmy doesn't care. (we seen how she interacts with them on their show) We will be seeing more stories that are released by "sources" about how Kanye is so emotionally unstable and make Kimmy into the innocent victim. (The victims will be their babies who have to witness the meltdown of their father) I hope Kanye does get help for the sake of his kids Edited by RoxieBear73
  • Love 2

For whatever reason Kim took North ice skating, she sure looked adorable in the show. That child is SO precious. Kanye should really try backing away from Twitter, backing away from this damn album and stay even further away from fashion and focus on his children and at least attempt being a good father. I'd hate to think of these innocent kids watching their father slowly have a breakdown  

CbSj9PaXIAE6ki5.jpg

• Love 2

It's hard for me to feel that Kim would be a bad person if she dumped Kanye. It's clearly a sham marriage. She wanted to have children, he wanted a trophy wife. Kim didn't piss Kanye's fortune away, he did. And Kim has no actual talent, that she's become so rich is mostly luck. She can't really rely on it continuing.

• Love 3

Kim doesn't seem to the Person who cares about anyone but herself. Look at the way she treated Rob and Lamar, and even Scott. She feels that if they can't get help on their own then let them be and suffer on their own. Didn't end well for Lamar, he ended up in emerg, Scott had a breakdown and ended up in counselling, Rob went into hiding due to their attitudes about mental illnesses. As long as it doesn't interfere with them making money, Kimmy doesn't care. (we seen how she interacts with them on their show) We will be seeing more stories that are released by "sources" about how Kanye is so emotionally unstable and make Kimmy into the innocent victim. (The victims will be their babies who have to witness the meltdown of their father) I hope Kanye does get help for the sake of his kids

This is so very true.  I wonder what happens when it's Kim who needs the family to rally and support her?  And what if it is a mental illness that breaks up the Kimye marriage?  Will they show Kanye more love and support than they showed their own brother and pseudo-brother-in-law?  Maybe this is why I continue to watch - to see what happens in this family when Kim's sham of a marriage is over.  I suppose it's possible that she'll be just fine, as all she wanted out of it anyway was some VIP seats and a couple of kids.  And considering she already lives with Kris, I guess it won't be that difficult of a transition.

So it seems I'm waiting for something that will never happen.

Wow - Taylor Swift - that was beautifully done!

There was also this wonderful response from whoever tweets for the Grammys to his "I'm not going" tweet:

1y7jvs.jpg

This is even more awesome than Taylor's put down, an entire industry organization is throwing shade at Kanye LOL I wonder if he's going to threaten to destroy his Grammys?

• Love 1

Is Kim capable of taking that child anywhere without a nanny in tow?

I agree that nobody would blame Kim for dropping Kanye. The marriage was a business arrangement from the start. Not to mention the kids spend most of their time with the hired help anyways, so it won't make a difference either way.

Today's rant is about the cost of textbooks.  He has a friend (that right there is a surprise) who makes $370/day but her son's textbooks costs about $400 each and she has to work two days to afford one book and it goes on from there.  

While I agree that the cost of textbooks is outrageous, If she's making $370 a day, she's making between 85-90,000 per year (assuming she works a standard work week).  Better than many others.  

What's funny is some of the replies to his tweets calling him out on his sweatpants that cost over $500, welcoming him to the real world, and one of my favorites:

"Lucky they aren't Yeezy branded textbooks or they'd cost $4000"

Meanwhile his wife tweets about her "red carpet cleavage secret".

You couldn't make this stuff up. 

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 8

For whatever reason Kim took North ice skating, she sure looked adorable in the show. That child is SO precious. Kanye should really try backing away from Twitter, backing away from this damn album and stay even further away from fashion and focus on his children and at least attempt being a good father. I'd hate to think of these innocent kids watching their father slowly have a breakdown  

CbSj9PaXIAE6ki5.jpg

Notice Kim is the only on even looking towards the camera!!  Look at me!! Imma good mommy!!

• Love 3

With all this talk of Kanye being on the verge of mental breakdown, I have to say I have a lot of sympathy for him. Maybe I shouldn't - he's said indefensible things - but I've been watching videos of him with his mom before she died and I can't help but pity the guy. I think he was a different person before his mom died. When she died, it changed him forever. I was watching this video of him singing with her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZlaxHQPu_8

In the video, he seems so happy. He never seems that happy now. I know it's cool to hate Kanye but I can't. I don't think he's ever dealt with his mother's death and until he does he will be this loud obnoxious dude we see today. If he is having a mental breakdown, I hope he gets help and rediscovers who he is - who his mother knew he could be.

• Love 1

I picture him setting fire to his and Kim's half-finished mansion, and then asking Oprah for a loan to fix it back up.

I was hoping he'd be in it.. Ranting. Til the roof caved in and there was blessed silence.

With all this talk of Kanye being on the verge of mental breakdown, I have to say I have a lot of sympathy for him. Maybe I shouldn't - he's said indefensible things - but I've been watching videos of him with his mom before she died and I can't help but pity the guy. I think he was a different person before his mom died. When she died, it changed him forever. I was watching this video of him singing with her:

In the video, he seems so happy. He never seems that happy now. I know it's cool to hate Kanye but I can't. I don't think he's ever dealt with his mother's death and until he does he will be this loud obnoxious dude we see today. If he is having a mental breakdown, I hope he gets help and rediscovers who he is - who his mother knew he could be.

Maybe she brought out the best in him? Most of us, after our parent(s) pass, want to live a life that would make them proud. I can't imagine she'd approve of a fraction of his stunts. Unless she was one of those my kid can do no wrong mothers. Which I'm starting to believe.

• Love 2

I agree that nobody would blame Kim for dropping Kanye. 

I don't know, Kourtney tried to save her & Scott's relationship for years before finally throwing in the towel, Khloe stood behind Lamar even when he made a video rapping about cheating on her, & when he OD'd in a whorehouse, she canceled their divorce, took over his medical care, & paid to move him into a house near hers so that she could take care of him. Now, think about Kim. This is her third marriage, &  the second, very public one, only lasted 72 days & ended with her already pregnant with Kanye's kid. If she dumps Kanye, think about how she will look compared to her sisters, they will look like the strong, caring women who only give up after doing everything they can possibly do to save their relationship, & she will look like the triple failure who can't keep a man & who bails at the first sign of trouble. There is no way Kim is going to let that happen, she is going to do whatever she has to to stay married to Kanye, no way is she dumping him.

• Love 2

I wonder what part, if any, his mother played in his narcissism. If he actually has narcissistic personality disorder, it likely has roots in childhood, even infancy - if it came about the usual ways. Also, what's the story with his father - does he seem normal?
  • Love 2

The majority of people outlive their parents. I realize we all grieve differently and never get over the loss. But, thank God, no one acts like Kanye. We carry on and adjust to our new normal. And, I say no one acts like Kanye because if anyone did, they'd be in the news for their insane behavior and probably in court ordered therapy.

• Love 4

I wonder what part, if any, his mother played in his narcissism. If he actually has narcissistic personality disorder, it likely has roots in childhood, even infancy - if it came about the usual ways. Also, what's the story with his father - does he seem normal?

If I remember correctly, his father is a former black panther and a photojournalist.Not sure what he does now, but I dont think they are on good terms. I could be wrong.

• Love 1