Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E09: Lucas' Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Boston said:

I got a ton of books for Christmas.  This weekend is supposed to be crappy.  I'll b reading.

I had put a couple new books on hold at the library and it was several weeks before they got them in; they came in a few days apart and they are both about 600 pages.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

I had put a couple new books on hold at the library and it was several weeks before they got them in; they came in a few days apart and they are both about 600 pages.

I'm running errands tomorrow because it's supposed to be the warm day of the week, 22 degrees.  It's all downhill after that.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Crocs should never have been invented!!!!  Hate those MoFos!!!

Crocs are the only thing I can wear nowadays. But in my defense I don't wear the ugly clog-like ones, I wear the sandals or the ones that look like flats. But years of wearing cute shoes (even when bartending and waitressing) have done in my feet. 

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, aliya said:

They showed 2 seconds. It would be difficult to tell the rigor from that snippet.  Most people use some kind of commercial curriculum. Some curricula are offered by the state. There are also programs  developed by religious organizations. 

I know a number of people who have home schooled over the years and taught homeschooled students as a professor in a grad program. Somehow they manage to learn to read and write.  

My son plans to homeschool his child and if I still have brain cells working, I'll probably do the teaching. In many communities, there are homeschool groups so the kids can get special enrichment classes, do sports, etc. In most cases, it's not what people think, tho I will agree that some political or fundamentalist groups do things differently.

You’re spot on and your grandchild is lucky to have supportive extended family ❤️

I have 5 children. We did a combination of public, homeschool, and private. In the end, private school was the best fit for our family dynamics. Each one has advantages and disadvantages, but in hindsight, we would have done private school for every child if we had a do over. 

That being said, I think there is a stigma attached to homeschooling. There are definitely lazy families who make the rest look bad. Example- We knew a family where there son could hardly read and write…he was in 3rd grade at that time and no known learning disabilities. 

Another example. I worked for a women who left her career to stay home and homeschool her 3 children. They were learning Latin before they were old enough to enter kindergarten. She also valued Bible class, teaching her children basic life skills that  public schools lack. They traveled frequently, and had unschooling days in the form of field trips. They’re now all grown, functional, successful adults. 

In my experience, there are as many examples of successes and failures with traditionally schooled children. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Crocs should never have been invented!!!!  Hate those MoFos!!!

Just think of how many hideous feet they have hidden for us on this show. They deserve a commemorative statue for that bravery.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

I'm running errands tomorrow because it's supposed to be the warm day of the week, 22 degrees.  It's all downhill after that.

Holy crap!  It was 38 today and I was shaking in my boots.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Crocs are the only thing I can wear nowadays. But in my defense I don't wear the ugly clog-like ones, I wear the sandals or the ones that look like flats. But years of wearing cute shoes (even when bartending and waitressing) have done in my feet. 

Pepper, you get a pass UNLESS you also wear UGGS!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I FINALLY got my Booster today.  Christmas sucked because most of my family was not vaccinated (and i am immunocompromised).  BUT. I got to spend the day with my dad yesterday (he's from MD).  I've missed him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
Just now, Lima Bean said:

If the sister was doing the diet with him, how come she isn’t down to 50 pounds herself?

Because she wouldn't be able to wear that hideous outfit any longer.

Life choices🤷‍♀️

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

The sister’s outfit reminded me that I have to go to Walmart and buy some 1/2 off Christmas wrapping and ribbons.

Ha!! you  better go.  I was at a SuperTarget yesterday looking for a replacement for my late crockpot; almost all the Christmas stuff was already gone and valentines were being put out.  the crockpots were also gone

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I live in southern Alabama, and I wear Crocs to the grocery store, or shopping.    That way when it suddenly starts raining, I can just kepp on going without ending up with wet shoes.    

I bet Lucas is wearing the knit hats because his hair thinned out a lot.    I wish he'd get rid of that beard. 

• Love 7
Just now, sagittarius sue said:

I'll been out East in winter and the dampness really makes it seem 15 or so degrees cooler feeling than it is in MN.  We have a drier cool.

thank god we haven't had alot of snow

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Pepper, you get a pass UNLESS you also wear UGGS!!!

(hanging head in shame) I don't wear Uggs but I do have a couple of pair of the cheap knockoffs. #oldladyfeet

But I don't wear those big white sneakers that old folks favor. Yet, anyway. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

The sister’s outfit reminded me that I have to go to Walmart and buy some 1/2 off Christmas wrapping and ribbons.

Feral shoppers have cleaned out the Christmas section. I really, really wanted the ladder that has the elf climbing it, carrying a strand of Christmas lights. By 9am on the 27th, there were none left, no paper, no miniature ceramic village accessories and no dollar poinsettias. I usually get 10 dollar poinsettias and raise them in my bathtub until they die...usually well past Spring. 

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Love 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Yes! My weird feet and toes do best with supportive thongs (flips flops). I don’t love the aesthetics of crocs, as they’re not anything you can wear with a cute outfit. But I’m at the age where my feet are more important than fashion, and Crocs Kadee Flip Flops provide the most comfort. I have about 4 pair I alternate. Also, I throw them in the washing machine with warm water and they hold up great! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Boston said:

I FINALLY got my Booster today.  Christmas sucked because most of my family was not vaccinated (and i am immunocompromised).  BUT. I got to spend the day with my dad yesterday (he's from MD).  I've missed him.

Congrats!  I'm glad my entire family is all vaxxed and boosted.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

He'll not be seen for a few months. When asked, his family will evasively answer that he "went to France" or something. It will not end well. 

https://www.mrsprindables.com

Ask and you shall receive. 

Ohhh yum! Thanks. That’s some thing that I’m sure I could easily make. But some thing’s  are just so much better when somebody else makes them for you.

• Love 4