Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: First Date, Second Thoughts

• Start Topic

Ella longs to meet her prince, Johnny, in person; Gino and Jasmine have a fiery first date; Kim hopes for romance with Usman; Memphis arrives in Tunisia; Caleb and Alina meet; Mike arrives in Colombia, but Ximena may be a no-show.

First Look: 12/24/21

Full Episode TLC: 12/26/21

Discovery +: ????

• Love 3

I watched the preview.

Gino and Jasmine went to some noticeably empty restaurant. She had a vegan wrap and he had a burger. Jasmine, if you do not want a meat eater, either accept it or pass. Gino, of course, is used to tipping, and leaves a tip for the server. Jasmine get jealous and is infuriated by it. Please ask the server about any tipping policy. If the tip is not included, I think it is 10% in Panama. No need for Jasmine to think Gino and the server have a thing going. I was turned off by Gino wearing his cap in the restaurant.

Kimberley has landed in Zanzibar and is staying at some really nice resort. Usman will arrive the next day. She went off-budget and booked the honeymoon suite. A bit presumptuous. A higher grade room may have been more suitable. 

We are then introduced to Ella who loves all things Asian. Cosplay, dragons, samurai, etc. She meets Johnny from China. Unfortunately, her size may limit her dating opportunities. The discrimination for weight is not right, but that is the current world. Johnny is hoping to get a tourist visa to go to Idaho to meet her.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

She had a vegan wrap and he had a burger

Gino made a big deal about having his first "Panama food." It was a freakin' cheeseburger! With American cheese, no less. 

I was hoping Kim would brag to the taxi drivers that she was there to meet "The International Rap Star, Soulja Boy," and they didn't know who he was! We learned that she's a Desert Storm veteran which surprised me. And she was cute then. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 6

Watched the preview last night.

Gino and Jasmine. I think we have someone more crazier than Larissa and Jess combined. I honestly don't understand her obsession with Gino flirting with everyone. He's no prize. 

Kim. I think this woman is living out her MJ fantasy with Usman. Not surprised she was in the military but I agree, the photo of her back then, she wasn't as unfortunate looking as she is now.  If she wasn't chasing her dream of becoming a Banger Sister, she could have someone back in the States. I'm thinking that Usman will not do the deed.

Ellie. Damn I do feel bad for her in one way but in another way girlfriend can find someone who shares her love for all things anime and geek in a comic con in her State or a nearby State. 

I don't understand why these people decide to look outside of the US instead of just looking outside of their State?!?!

• Love 16
5 hours ago, greekmom said:

Ellie. Damn I do feel bad for her in one way but in another way girlfriend can find someone who shares her love for all things anime and geek in a comic con in her State or a nearby State. 

I don't understand why these people decide to look outside of the US instead of just looking outside of their State?!?!

She's specifically looking for an Asian guy so maybe there are slim pickin's around Idaho, but the states along the Pacific coast should have plenty of candidates closer than Asia. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, greekmom said:

Watched the preview last night.

Gino and Jasmine. I think we have someone more crazier than Larissa and Jess combined. I honestly don't understand her obsession with Gino flirting with everyone. He's no prize. 

Kim. I think this woman is living out her MJ fantasy with Usman. Not surprised she was in the military but I agree, the photo of her back then, she wasn't as unfortunate looking as she is now.  If she wasn't chasing her dream of becoming a Banger Sister, she could have someone back in the States. I'm thinking that Usman will not do the deed.

When I went to Osheaga music festival in Montreal a couple of years ago (pre Covid), there was a huge anime and cosplay convention across from my hotel. Ella may not find much in Idaho, but a trip to any sort of convention or Comic Con type event in Seattle or Vancouver could bring options.

It is easy to meet people online. You chat a bit and it is a case of why don’t you visit? Uh, I am not made of money, my job does not take me where you live and I just don’t zip off to meet some dude. Make an effort to meet me. If I felt there was any connection, it would move to FaceTime or other conferencing option and then see what happens.

• Love 8

I feel bad that I am already supposing that the large girl is going to “surprise” us at the Tell All with the announcement that she’s getting a gastro sleeve.  Hence vying for another series or follow on season.  I guess anybody who stays friends after the B90 introductory season is eligible for the regular 90 Days.

The 90 day franchises have been around long enough that all the applicants are aware of the tricks and formulas to entice the producers and the viewers.  We talk about it all so much that we know what they are doing too.  It’s like we can predict the future.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Idaho girl:  please get with Stitch Fix, get a make up tutorial and get some self confidence.  Yes you are overweight, but you can dress in a waaaay more flattering fashion.

I only watched the preview, but I noticed that when she bent over to feed the dog out in the yard, her dress rode up in the back and her backside must have been totally in view, like one of those "bloomer girl" yard figures. 

image.png.5df2f29d6408d32ef196c61dbeded964.png

1 hour ago, Colfrmb said:

I guess anybody who stays friends after the B90 introductory season is eligible for the regular 90 Days.

Yes, in theory, but not many seem to continue their "journey." 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

I'm just catching up with this.  Thoughts:  MIKE (34 yrs old).  Living with Dad and Pops.  Makes Lego stuff.  Hasn't had a "relationship" in 20 years.. ummmm that would be 14 years old.  Meets some hottie from Columbia.  🚩🚩🚩  Yeah, this is gonna work.

• LOL 8
  • Love 8

I do not think soljaboy should be on this show...kimberly is only a potential girlfriend...he is scamming TLC and Kimberly just to get time on tv.

I can not stand gino' 's or memphis' voices...they grate!

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
8 minutes ago, TMI said:

I do not think soljaboy should be on this show...kimberly is only a potential girlfriend...he is scamming TLC and Kimberly just to get time on tv.

I can not stand gino' 's or memphis' voices...they grate!

I'm still watching this shouting to the tv "are you people for real?"  And jealous Jasmine 🚩

• Love 11

Serious question: could someone please explain to me how Memphis expected this to work? She seems surprised that the man she knew didn’t speak any English is now unable to understand anything she says. 

In other news, I was intrigued to learn that the former countries that once comprised the content of Asia have all congealed into a singular landmass with one unified culture. I wonder if Ella explained this to the man she refers to as “Indian Guy” before asking him to share his presumably extensive knowledge of taekwondo, origami, and low calorie Asian recipes.

• LOL 9
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

They have such a creepy vibe together. She is demanding his affection by buying him gifts and he’s just a pathetic idiot. 

I was feeling all sorry for what an obvious sad sack dupe she is, then you gave me perspective. She is trying to buy him with expensive gifts. And he's not concealing what he's after: a green card, more of her money & gifts and not having to touch her intimately. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
39 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

I was feeling all sorry for what an obvious sad sack dupe she is, then you gave me perspective. She is trying to buy him with expensive gifts. And he's not concealing what he's after: a green card, more of her money & gifts and not having to touch her intimately. 

After consummating with Baby Girl Lisa he has paid his dues.

• LOL 15
  • Love 7
49 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

After consummating with Baby Girl Lisa he has paid his dues.

Yeah, I didn't see BGL bringing him no high end electronics! All she brought was her dusty, old (I'm not being ageist; I'm the same age as Lisa) muff. And her husky Marlboro man voice.

• LOL 17
  • Love 4

I think SojaBoy sees the POTENTIAL in Kim to be his ticket to the USA. 

Douchebro Caleb has set a new record for the participant I hate the earliest in any season and only three episodes in, my dislike of him has grown exponentially. He has easily wrestled that title from SteVen. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 16
21 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay.......Caleb and Hamza, so far, are tied for douchebags of the episode.

Allina is going to get her heart broken and I think she is realizing this now.

Idaho girl:  please get with Stitch Fix, get a make up tutorial and get some self confidence.  Yes you are overweight, but you can dress in a waaaay more flattering fashion.

Hamza and Memphis:  He has a CLEAR agenda that he will share tonight.

Usman and Babygirl 2.0:  Cringy scene in her hotel room.  Like high level cringe, which is really saying something!

Domestic Abuser and Gino:  HE WON'T TAKE OFF HIS HAT FOR POSSIBLE SHIM SHAM.  And we are treated to the warm to possible coitus.  Don't be consuming food.  In fact, I suggest a libation.  Perhaps more than one.

Ximina had her first son at 15.  You will all love how son number 2 came to be.

I am always amazed at the quality of people that the US person wants to import, if Gino or Mike had met those women in the US the women would not want anything to do with them and Gino and Mike (who should totally be pals in real life, so much in common) would not like those women but since those guys can seem like the saviors of these women they feel needed and wanted.  Gino and Mike are losers who are desperate to have a woman look up to them so once again we are seeing transactional relationships, it is not love.  Once would not exist without the other, these relationships will end when the women get all their money, not when the men see what is really going on, not when they are tired of fighting and begging for sex, not when they are done being embarrassed but when the women are done with them.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Xena said:

Even outside of their state - they do not want someone on their same level - they want someone at least 5-6 steps up, and they need the bargaining power of the green card to get them up there.

EXACTLY THIS. Exactly. And they don't recognize that their brief time together will be miserable, until the other person can get free, marriage is going to be extremely painful. I'm sympathetic with those who are socially awkward, believe me, like Mike (and yo, don't hate on adult lego builders, people, that shit is therapeutic), but he's the guy who gets his hot wife here eventually and next thing you know she's out at night without you, and texting in spanish to guys you don't know...

• Love 12

Mrs. RaiderDuck and I binged the first three episodes last night. Hoo boy.

Run, Gino. Just run. People often use the phrase "insanely jealous," but Jasmine literally is. A normal person does not see her boyfriend tip a waitress or exchange pleasantries with the counter girl and immediately assume he's fucking them.

Having said that, Gino is no prize. I'm not sure which is more off-putting: his weird nervous laugh or his refusal to take his hat off. If you're bald, you're bald. Own it. I'm 50 and losing my hair gradually, but have never attempted to hide that from anyone. If a woman isn't attracted because of your lack of hair, that's not going to go away. Lots of women out there dig bald or balding guys. Again: OWN IT.

Caleb is quickly realizing that the reality of being with someone with significant physical disabilities is WAY different than fantasizing about being her Knight in Shining Armor or whatever. Alina's about to get her heart run through a wood chipper.

When Usman shouted down his two hangers-on who upset Kimberly, I'd be willing to bet money that he pulled them aside later and said "Don't worry about it. I was just making her feel important." And my wife noticed how Kimberly's "internationally famous singer/rapper" needs her to pay for everything. He's obviously try to transition to a US career via TLC reality shows but has two insurmountable problems: First, he's building his career using a stage name ("Soja Boy") that's already being used, albeit with a slightly different spelling, by a famous US rapper. Usman would barely be off the plane at LAX before Soulja Boy's lawyers would hit him with a Cease & Desist order. Second and more importantly, Usman isn't very good at what he does. We just took a week-long cruise and literally every performer on the ship was considerably more talented. For one thing, they could actually carry a tune without artificial assistance.

Ella has a great love for Japanese culture and anime, so of course she begins a relationship with a Chinese guy. Whatevs. And that poor, poor horse she was riding. Finally, I loved how she just assumed Johnny would cook all her food and that would magically make her pounds (450-500, I'm guessing) melt away. Pro Tip: It's not the type of food, it's how much of it you're eating.

Ximena deliberately impregnates herself during a prison conjugal visit? I can't even.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20

It’s hard to believe that in 13 years Caleb never asked Alina’s actual height.  Even if she normally keeps the cam framed at her chest and above, if she disclosed the height he should be able to visualize things.  Maybe she used metric measurements and he was too lazy to convert them to feet and inches.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Ella.. I'm gonna try to pretend I didn't see her segment because it's so problematic on so many levels. The stereotypes, the racial clichés.. it's all too much for me so I just kinda noped out. 

8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Ella is one giant, racist cringe. Between her wildly inappropriate interaction with her "friend" whose husband is Thai, to her assertion that "Asian food is healthy, you know, vegetables and stuff", to her giggling revelation that she loves to watch her guy masturbate......I'm just aghast. And her "boyfriend"? He's not even cute! I know the outlook for finding someone in China is bleak  because there are way more men than women owing to the One Child Policy, but "Johnny" must be really hard up. 

Ella, Ella, Ella.

Liking random things from Asia is not a personality trait. Being jealous of your friend for marrying someone from Thailand because liking Asians is "my thing" is cringe.

Calling her ex "The Indian"... I felt so uncomfortable whenever she was on. 

Her internet boyfriend is a grown man so he can look after himself but I feel for his son if he ever makes it over to America. 

"I think my relationship with Stoney is good because he gets really excited when he sees that I'm on the phone... He'll start speaking all these Chinese words like he's talking to me in English but it's not coming out in English"

I hope Ella realizes Stoney and Johnny aren't native English speakers and gets it together enough to learn some Chinese. I feel mean for thinking it but I wouldn't be surprised if she starts speaking Japanese to the two of them and is shocked when they explain Chinese and Japanese aren't the same language... 

• LOL 2
  • Love 18

Does it seem like "banter" when the two of them are talking about how to drive a car, and Caleb's like "I can put you down there to work the pedals"? I think I have a real hard time hearing banter in other accents, so I can't understand how Alina was responding to that. Made me feel gross though. 

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Does it seem like "banter" when the two of them are talking about how to drive a car, and Caleb's like "I can put you down there to work the pedals"? I think I have a real hard time hearing banter in other accents, so I can't understand how Alina was responding to that. Made me feel gross though. 

He had made some creepy comment earlier about how the mechanics of sex with a little person would be different because he can’t make out with her when she is down there.  If he was referring to fellatio you can’t make out with the person simultaneously no matter their height lol.  Maybe he was imagining her riding him because he would probably smother her doing missionary.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, MrBuhBye said:

He had made some creepy comment earlier about how the mechanics of sex with a little person would be different because he can’t make out with her when she is down there.  If he was referring to fellatio you can’t make out with the person simultaneously no matter their height lol.  Maybe he was imagining her riding him because he would probably smother her doing missionary.

Whoops, sorry, you've hit on the portion of my memory under "FOOTAGE DELETED: TOO DISTURBING," I don't remember that convo at all. Or...do I...no...no.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! God damn it, now I remember it. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Whoops, sorry, you've hit on the portion of my memory under "FOOTAGE DELETED: TOO DISTURBING," I don't remember that convo at all. Or...do I...no...no.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! God damn it, now I remember it. 

It was in a solo interview in an earlier episode. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Wollstonecraft said:

It's already over for the Alina.  I don't think he'll overcome her tiny stature and the wheelchair duty. 

Yeah. I missed the first part of the show where they met for the first time. But in the hotel, he clearly showed her who he really is. I could see the disappointment on her face. Why did this loser have to come into her life? To make her feel bad? He was just so . . . cold. No empathy, no trying to put himself in her shoes so to speak as he left. Most caring people would be kind, knowing that this was a big deal for her, meeting someone, going out on a limb. He probably thought he was evolved enough to have a relationship with Alina, but lo and behold, his shallowness came out loud and clear and it didn't take long.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

It’s hard to believe that in 13 years Caleb never asked Alina’s actual height.  Even if she normally keeps the cam framed at her chest and above, if she disclosed the height he should be able to visualize things.

While he knew she was a Little Person-maybe he was thinking along the lines of Jen Arnold on "The Little Family"-but he was shocked when he saw her bent legs which made her even shorter and less mobile.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, magemaud said:

While he knew she was a Little Person-maybe he was thinking along the lines of Jen Arnold on "The Little Family"-but he was shocked when he saw her bent legs which made her even shorter and less mobile.  

Yeah and many little people don’t have the hand issues that she does.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Caleb is a real piece of work.

His bitching about his arm getting tired from pushing her wheelchair, etc., was just rude as hell.  Then that awkward ride to the hotel where he barely spoke to her and started yawning and looking out the window.  I knew he was going to claim he was just too tired and go to bed, which he did.

He put her on the bed before he left the room, but was her friend there to help her?  She would need to get off the bed to put on her pajamas, shower, turn the bed down, etc., and Caleb never gave that a second thought.  

The very least this asshole could have done was laid on the bed with her and talked.  Ugh.  

I'd like to take his beanie and shove it up his ass.  😠

• Love 20

Great comments all. I was really cringing when Elle ( it's Elle in Idaho right?) was talking about their sex life. I mean, it's bizarre enough as is, and then to be sharing it to her friends, but to be talking about this as it is being filmed for TV??????????

Jasmine is looneytunes. Yes, Gino seems to be a real puzzle. The hat, the little blue pills, the laugh, and then the cameos where he does seem to recognize that this might not be a fairy tale.

I really feel bad for Mike. That is too much to understand with his love. Very very sad. (and yes, I kept trying to understand her telling the story of her baby #2. ...who could think of these things????). Help!

And surprisingly Hamsa's parents are divorced. That was eye opening for me. I do feel very sorry for Memphis.

Kimbaaaaly I can't take seriously ( or Usman either).

The rest are just sad sad sad. I do agree with the post about how some of these people are really emotionally damaged and should not be on these shows. Uncle Juice- I agree with you.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Wollstonecraft said:

the wheelchair duty.

I was stunned by his difficulty and seeming exhaustion from having to carry several loads of equipment/baggage.  I'm a senior citizen and can carry bigger loads than that doofus.  The US Military is having problems filling their ranks because of overweight (but looks like also out of shape ) men.  I can see why.  🙄

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah and many little people don’t have the hand issues that she does.

13 years they have been talking on line and not once had she ever mentioned what her challenges are in a regular size world, not once did she ever mention her limitations and what she needs to just get from point A to point B? 

13 years he has known her and he had never seen any of her burlesque photos that shows her hands and feet?

All this planning for the meet up and she never told Calub to make sure that the hotel had an elevator or even an HC accessible room? Like that is the stuff she would be very specific about, right?  It is not like she wanted an ocean view if it was available, this is not trivial stuff that she needs.

I am suspicious of this set up, it seems that production may have had a hand in it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 19

I loathe Usman (and always have) with the fire of 100,000 suns.

That being said, I have to hand it to him.  

He managed to get his expensive gifts from this idiot Kimberly and not even give her a kiss in return, much less have sex with her. 

He got to take his goodies and go back to his own room totally untouched.  

Well played, Usman, well played.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Ella is one giant, racist cringe. Between her wildly inappropriate interaction with her "friend" whose husband is Thai, to her assertion that "Asian food is healthy, you know, vegetables and stuff", to her giggling revelation that she loves to watch her guy masturbate......I'm just aghast. And her "boyfriend"? He's not even cute! I know the outlook for finding someone in China is bleak  because there are way more men than women owing to the One Child Policy, but "Johnny" must be really hard up. 

Not an argument, but how is this racist?  She has a preference.  She is allowed that, isn't she?  Part of the intrigue/attraction for her is the culture which is okay too.  People like what they like.  Also, I think he's attractive.   I am, however, appalled by the revelation in public that she posts naked vids for him while he masturbates.  I don't care that they do that, only that she revealed it....on TELEVISION!!!!

3 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

We just took a week-long cruise and literally every performer on the ship was considerably more talented.

Ooohhh...we have a cruise scheduled for January.  Worried about foul ups re covid.  Any problems?

• Like 1
  • Love 5

He had a moment when he realized he had to do all the work. Not just gentlemanly gestures but also a great deal of caretaker duties. It’s serious and a poor subject for exploitation. I feel it’s a heck of adventure for the both of them, something they would not normally have the opportunity to do.

BGL2 contacted Usman herself so she is fully aware of history. I feel she is a bully who is trying to bogarde her way into a relationship. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5