Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: First Date, Second Thoughts

• Start Topic

On 12/26/2021 at 10:55 PM, MrBuhBye said:

After consummating with Baby Girl Lisa he has paid his dues.

I guess after BGL anything's an improvement.  All I can think is how did he not throw up in his own mouth after having had sex with BBG, and moving forward I'm of the same opinion if he has to consummate with Kimbaaaaaly.  Not that he's any bargain either.  He's so homely, I cringe whenever Kimbaaaaaly gushes over how attractive she finds him.  Usman's also finessed his lies since his BGL days, what with how he rushed to the defense of his ATM Super Fan Kimbaaaaaly against his entourage, as well as repeatedly saying how "she's good", or something along those lines.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Is the red haired fellow that accompanied Elaina a friend of would he like to be her boyfriend 

Seemed a bit jealous in coming attractions.

My gaydar was pinging loudly at any scene with Elijah. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

First thing I said when I saw that scene was, "That girl can RIDE."  I was impressed with her ability.  

I think Caleb was expecting an Elena Gant (Little Women LA season 1).  

egant.jpg

Exactly.

I bet he didn't even bother to research what her syndrome is so he could be supportive.

From what we've seen, she's super competent, has a positive attitude and embraces who she is. She needs to boot Caleb. He's a douche, and I don't expect he'll do anything to change my mind. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Is the red haired fellow that accompanied Elaina a friend of would he like to be her boyfriend 

Seemed a bit jealous in coming attractions.

I thought about that too when I saw her ride.  Sometimes I've seem a horse with two riders so there's that!

All these comments about Ella and the horse remind me of the TV show Bonanza, and my amazement whenever Hoss (actor Dan Blocker) rode his horse (I know I'm dating myself here).

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

OK, watched this episode last night. What a bunch of morons! I don't think I'll be saying anything new or different than other snarkers have said but here goes (and I don't feel like working right now, can't concentrate, so I might as well try to workout my brain with something I enjoy doing - snarking):

Memphis: @Xebug67, I'm with you -- I am NOT a fan of hers at all. I know she's overcome a lot, appears to have a good job, but holy hell Memphis, where is your common sense? She expects to marry a virtual stranger and take said stranger home to her kids as a father figure? WTF? She's "known" him for 8 months. I can't take the foolishness. They don't even know the other's language. I don't feel sorry for her at all, she should know better and since she doesn't, she could have at least listened to her foster sister. Typically, these knuckleheads have family members or friends who try to point out the ridiculousness, but no one ever listens. Memphis is an idiot and the only sympathy I can muster up is for her kids who may be subjected to this shitshow that their mom is creating. I don't think Hamza is any great catch by any stretch, but Memphis enrages me the most out of this non-dynamic duo.

Kim: See some of my comments on Memphis -- I have no sympathy for Kim either. Usman is no catch, I have no clue what anyone sees in him, but Kim should know better. Why would a younger guy have any interest in her -- especially an "international star" such as Soja Boy (throwing up in my mouth a little)? She is blatantly buying him with presents, a fancy hotel. I'm laughing though that all she can seem to muster up for herself is a wardrobe of tee shirts and casual pants. Kim is downright delusional. 

Ximena & Mike: Mike is way too naive for his age. I may be able to scrape up some sympathy for him. Ximena flat out said that she loves the dude who is in jail and she needs someone to take care of her and her kids in the meantime. How will Mike feel when he sees this? He thinks she loves him, but again, another one who is basically buying her things and being delusional that the other person really loves him. 

Jasmine & Gino: Gino must have a TBI..... And does he expect to keep his hat on even in bed? Of course he does. He might be the ONE 90 Day'r I'd like to see a shower scene, because him, in a shower, with his baseball cap on, would be just priceless. I would like to say that Jasmine is an abuser though. 

I know there are transactional relationships/marriages between all types of people. My feeling is that if both people are "in on it" and understand the basis of their relationship, so be it. Some people marry for companionship (not necessarily love), others marry for money, etc. It happens all the time. But these transactional relationships on 90D are typically one sided (esp. X and Mike). 

• Love 13

@Xebug67 I don't like Memphis either.  I can't get on board with any person of any gender who will move a stranger into to their house with or without kids. 

@Alonzo Mosely FBII like Mike too.  I have a hunch is she were to come clean he would be hurt but okay with a transactional relationship.  But we all know he is headed for heartbreak.  She is probably wishing he could have not headed down there so she could further milk him.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, Breedom said:

You would think that Kimberly would try and dress better if she wants Usman to notice her. As someone that has surpassed the teeny-bopper category, she should dress like a grown woman and make herself visible. Tee-shirts don't make it. She even changed into her "better" tee-shirt for their gift-giving session. I'm sure Usman didn't even notice her, although he sure tuned into his expensive gifts. He can't stomach the thought of bedding down with Kimmy.

Caleb isn't interested in her day-to-day life; probably never inquiring about how she manages, what help she needs, what she does, offering support, etc. I wonder what they talked about for 13 years. Probably Caleb.

And if you don't want to be called "Super Fan" then DON'T wear a T-shirt with Usman's image on it when you go to meet him at the airport.  In fact, not just when you first meet him, but forever and ever the entire time that you know him down the road.  It's just as awful as it was with Rebecca and Zied having each other's images plastered on everything.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, anoninrva said:

The restaurant struck me as a hotel bar, which would explain the limited menu and emptiness.  I don't know if we'll ever find out about the hat.  I have my theories.  This relationship doesn't seem like it will make it to Happily Ever After..  The tip part felt weird, but maybe that's cultural.  I've never been to Panama.  If tipping is not normally accepted though, you'd think there may not be the form on the credit card receipt?

Didn't the bully say something about Americans/tourists tipping servers detrimentally impacts locals/Panamanians who can't afford to do this?

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Xebug67 said:

Didn't the bully say something about Americans/tourists tipping servers detrimentally impacts locals/Panamanians who can't afford to do this?

Yes.  I consider her an unreliable narrator, though.  For all I know, working in tourist traps could be one of the more lucrative jobs there, and tipping outside of that context is strongly discouraged because everyone is paid living wages or it's included in the bill.  I'm skeptical on both counts, however.

Less charitably, I interpreted that as "Americans tipping service people makes it more expected from locals, and that would cost us more".

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I have a hunch is she were to come clean he would be hurt but okay with a transactional relationship.

I think so too. He wants love and hasn't been in a relationship in years, if I remember right. Now he's finally found someone willing to give him the time of day and he probably will have trouble letting go of that. He'll fool himself into thinking X has feelings for him. Helping her out with things and money - he probably thinks, well, that's what you do when you are in a relationship. I'm sure he has plenty of love to give to someone and there is someone out there for him, but X is bad news.

2 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

All I can think is how did he not throw up in his own mouth after having had sex with BBG

Glad to see you are back, XEBUG67!

• Love 6

Alina is a lovely woman who deserves a wonderful man who will be happy to assist her in her needs.  However, I have a feeling that she did not accurately portray the full scope of her limitations to Caleb.  I wouldn't be surprised if Caleb never saw her full body and was probably expecting a normal-looking body, only on a smaller scale.  Alina unfortunately has deformed limbs and extreme limitations to her mobility in a normal-sized world.  I imagine her home is retrofitted to assist her size.  I do not excuse Caleb for not being more understanding, but I do think Alina has been complicit in the deception, placing more emphasis on her independence than on her limits.

Kimbally disgusts me and I am highly suspect of Usman's "celebrity" status.  There were no other "superfans" waiting for him at the airport, and I've never heard of him here in America, other than on this stupid show.  Kimbally suffers from inflated self-confidence if she thinks she is sexy in those dungarees.  Any woman her age (she looks terrible for her age, BTW) who wants to come across as sexy needs to be glam sexy like Darcey, not teenage sexy.  Kimbally should have had a complete glam makeover and dressed to the nines with heels and a dress slit up to "there" (with a few layers of Spanx).  Then maybe "international superstar" Usman would have looked past the PS5 and MacBook. 

I don't hold out much hope for any of these couples, but I have definitely been wrong before!  I'm looking forward to David and Annie and Loren and Alexi's spinoffs. 

Edited by suzeecat
additional thoughts
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Breedom said:

I think so too. He wants love and hasn't been in a relationship in years, if I remember right. Now he's finally found someone willing to give him the time of day and he probably will have trouble letting go of that. He'll fool himself into thinking X has feelings for him. Helping her out with things and money - he probably thinks, well, that's what you do when you are in a relationship. I'm sure he has plenty of love to give to someone and there is someone out there for him, but X is bad news.

Glad to see you are back, XEBUG67!

Thank you Breedom.  I've been quietly lurking ever since my husband went into the hospital due to COVID back in October and ultimately passed away in November.  All of you awesome, witty and articulate people have been an awesome distraction for me from all of my personal troubles, worries and heartache, and I'm sincerely grateful to have you all as a go-to when times get rough.

• Hugs 1
  • Love 10

Sojaboy T-shirt and ripped leggings...great way to make a first impression. In the early '80s, my best friend and I used to joke that if we ever got together with our celebrity crushes (hers was Bowie, mine was Bono) and invited them to our respective places, we'd have to stall so we could run in first and rip all their posters off the wall and hide any signs of being a huge fan. We were only around 20 at the time but already able to ascertain how embarrassing and inappropriate it would be if we didn't and that it would undoubtedly freak them the hell out and send them running! Not that there was a remote chance of it ever happening (although I did have an awesome encounter with Bono in 1983) but we found the scenario very funny. Did I mention that we were less than half of Kimberly's age?

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

Thank you Breedom.  I've been quietly lurking ever since my husband went into the hospital due to COVID back in October and ultimately passed away in November.  All of you awesome, witty and articulate people have been an awesome distraction for me from all of my personal troubles, worries and heartache, and I'm sincerely grateful to have you all as a go-to when times get rough.

I'm very sorry to hear about your husband. 

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

Any woman her age (she looks terrible for her age, BTW) who wants to come across as sexy needs to be glam sexy like Darcey, not teenage sexy. 

While I think Darcey looks like a ridiculous 10 pound sausage stuffed into a 2 pound bag, and think Darcey's anything but attractive, I sure would like to see Kim in some of those crazy outfits, hair extensions, and overdone makeup. It would be hilarious!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Xebug67 said:

I've been quietly lurking ever since my husband went into the hospital due to COVID back in October and ultimately passed away in November.

My heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry. Sometimes being distracted with anything that falls into normalcy is indeed a help/distraction. Again, so sorry for your huge loss.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

OMG, so sorry!!!  If you find any comfort in the snarky banter (and the inane TV content) we celebrate here, I hope it helps.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Kimbally suffers from inflated self-confidence if she thinks she is sexy in those dungarees.  Any woman her age (she looks terrible for her age, BTW) who wants to come across as sexy needs to be glam sexy like Darcey, not teenage sexy.  Kimbally should have had a complete glam makeover and dressed to the nines with heels and a dress slit up to "there" (with a few layers of Spanx).  Then maybe "international superstar" Usman would have looked past the PS5 and MacBook. 

Yes, absolutely. Kim has no sense of style. I love that you said "inflated self-confidence" - because that describes my thoughts exactly.  She thought Usman would be foaming at the mouth at how desirable she looked in her teenage ensemble. Kim should also think about updating her hair into a real style. There are plenty of options for a 50 year old who looks like 60 plus.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Breedom said:

Yes, absolutely. Kim has no sense of style. I love that you said "inflated self-confidence" - because that describes my thoughts exactly.  She thought Usman would be foaming at the mouth at how desirable she looked in her teenage ensemble. Kim should also think about updating her hair into a real style. There are plenty of options for a 50 year old who looks like 60 plus.

You are heading to pick up your Dream Man and I believe she had a day to prep, right? So she had time to ask a local for tips on buying a flattering dress, African style, which tends to be flattering.  She could ask to be directed to a local who does hair and maybe.....brush it?  Some makeup?

But no.  She shows up looking like she is ready to mow the lawn.  Then starts with the we look cute, right?  No, you look like his former boss that ran into her favorite employee at Costco, Kimbaaaaaalee!

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

I’m so sorry for your loss, @Xebug67. Please know that we’ll always be here to distract you during troubling times.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

Not that he's any bargain either.  He's so homely, I cringe whenever Kimbaaaaaly gushes over how attractive she finds him.  

Totally, plus I could never get over the raw dogging situation that BGL was so proud of. lol

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

@Xebug67 I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope your sadness fades away and that the happy memories stay with you forever.

I don't have a lot more to say than other posters have said upthread, except that Gino gives me a very strong Billy Bob Thornton vibe. And not in a good way.

• Love 4

This season, the producers appear to be taking storylines from other reality shows. We have “My 600 Pounds Life”, “Little People Big World”, “Love After Lockup”, “Love and Hip Hop” and “Snapped”. I miss the days when we had normal, boring couples like Alan/Kirlyam and Danny/Amy.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

This season, the producers appear to be taking storylines from other reality shows. We have “My 600 Pounds Life”, “Little People Big World”, “Love After Lockup”, “Love and Hip Hop” and “Snapped”. I miss the days when we had normal, boring couples like Alan/Kirlyam and Danny/Amy.

Don’t forget last season and SteVen’s stab at Sister Wives.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

Hell, I am attracted to Alina, and I don't even date girls. I think she's sexy from a purely shallow standpoint, not even taking into account her brains and personality. Caleb is busted if he doesn't see it. And what is the point of straight men anyway if they are going to give sour attitude over carrying the luggage? I expect my husband to do that for me even though I'm able bodied and fairly fit. If I wanted to put my own bag in the overhead bin, I would travel alone.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Wow....

Mike/Ximena---well, I called it. This woman is gutter trash. The whole story of the conception of her second child, way more info than needed and the way she described laying with her legs in the air? Trash. I feel for this poor man, he is in way over his head. So many questions about the jailed baby daddy. He calls his kid every day? He had conjugal visits? She mentioned she liked dating big tough guys which included narcos----my guess is he is a semi high up narco (at least in their town) for him to have that ability and he won't be too happy with the idea of his son flying off to live in the US. Well, then again, after she gets her citizenship she can sponsor him, although it would hopefully be a tough sell to get the guy a visa let alone green card to reunite the happy family. Her brutal honesty about needing someone to provide for her right now was a little refreshing. If she is that upfront with Mike and he still wants to stick around, well he gets what he deserves. 

Gino---loved her subtle hint to take a shower. When he refused I felt a little bad for crazy Jasmine, she really wants that green card! 

Memphis/Hazma---he seems like a decent enough guy, just very very spoiled by his mother. Given the country and their situation (divorced mom shunned by society), I was expecting shabby living conditions. Given what he said, how did the family survive all these years??? LOL'd at the bedsheets. Another one though who was pretty brutally honest about why he is doing this----the country is shit, he wants to send money home to help his momma. Memphis is delusional---it is a tough road for anyone who moves to the US to establish a decent career, even with a degree (remember Omar and Avery?). This man as far as we know has no skills or education and he doesn't speak the language. Only person of similar background who didn't crash and burn as far as I know is Mohamed---after leavign danielle he got his CDL and is a long haul trucker. 

Ella---oh boy. 

Where is Mahogany?? 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Breedom said:

My heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry. Sometimes being distracted with anything that falls into normalcy is indeed a help/distraction. Again, so sorry for your huge loss.

Thank you again, Breedom.  I do feel as though you're 100% right about distractions and normalcy.

20 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

🎵 Do you know where you're going to?
Do you like the things that life is showin' you?
Where are you going to?
Do you know? 🎵

Hey! You do not disrespect my queen Diana Ross like that!

Let me preface what I’m about to say with: living at home is totally fine and a given for many people across many cultures.

However, it is an immediate boner killer when I see a person living at home who doesn’t contribute because their mommy is doing all the work. Hamza doesn’t cook, clean or do laundry. Yikes.

And he has never done kickboxing. By seeing him in the gym hitting the bag, it looked like his first lesson.

Hamza is a gorgeous man but he has no “game”. Imagine him with the attitude and sexuality of Idris Elba, and I would be looking him up! I wonder if she was filling in the blanks in her head and imagining him being that way, to find out he’s a very sweet mama’s boy. I like his mother though!

I am sad for Hamza’s mom. She divorced so she’s “lost her value” and now no one will even hire her for a job so they’ve all been living in poverty? When I heard that I hoped for the first time ever on this show that Hamza does make it to America and is then able to help and/or sponsor his family.

I’m getting old, I often find the parents more interesting than the main cast.

Hamza and his friends kept calling his situation a great “opportunity”, as if it’s a new job. This should turn out well.

When Ella said Johnny has an American obsession and they just showed him posing in front of a wall of guns, my soul departed my physical body.

Ella, you have a FETISH and body image issues. You need to heal yourself before getting into a relationship. I worry that she is gonna play the otaku weaboo shit HARD, and that’s exactly what we are all hoping for.

Her fetish is gross, honestly. It reminds me of a girl I knew who had a Korean fetish but couldn't find a Korean boyfriend. She ended up finding a Chinese guy who would date her to she changed to a Chinese fetish. I checked her boyfriend’s Facebook and he was in a FB group fetishizing white women. Match made in heaven.

Ella really cried three times in the same episode? This is gonna be a looong season.

Caleb seems like he's only dating Alina so that 'dated a small person' will forever be on his resumé as an enlightened person. He really made my skin crawl. He was so cold to Alina, and seemed unwilling to even try to put on a happy face. He was so caught up in his own discomfort. And the way he freaked out because her BFF stayed over the night before? Grow up douche.

Alina’s such a sweetheart. She is so beautiful and kind hearted. My heart is already breaking for her. She is too pure for this show. She took me right back to every time I’ve been with a guy and juuuust failed to hide that I liked him more than he liked me.

The fact that Kimbaaaaly was able to score a PS5 for her man in 2020 should have been enough for her to get laid that night. You can disagree but I will stand by it. This is a man who put pipe to Baby Girl Lisa on the first night.

The most love in this episode was between Sojaboy and the PS5. I cried. He secured the bag and dipped.

(For anyone here who is not really into gaming, PS5s will run you about $560 (retail, not scalped, which she also may have done, they're at least double that way and some suckers paid waaaay more). And the thing is, they were pretty much impossible to get at the point where they filmed this. You basically had to order them online, you couldn't really find them in stores, and in order to even be able to get in line to get the chance to MAYBE get one, you had to have all kinds of email alerts on and be following Twitter accounts who were advertising that they were going to go on sale on X site, etc. And again, that was only for the chance that you MIGHT get an order in before they sold out. Most people tried multiple times and still didn't get one. They're still hard to get even a year later.)

Everybody’s going to think I am a total bitch for saying this, but Kimbaaaaly looks way better with her hair loose. She could use a little eye make up and stop with the dark red lipstick. The way she has her make up on she looks like she’s been embalmed and/or attacked by a vampire. Her hair is too severe. The way she wears her hair in the pebbles Flintstone later years look is just making her look older.

I think there is something very very odd going on with Gino. He is either camera shy, or impotent or gay.

How could Gino not take a shower before messing around with his psychotic GF after traveling from another country? I take a shower after returning from the grocery store.

Gino and Jasmine have more red flags than the Santa Claus parade.

Ximena’s stepmom looks mighty young.

Why are all the people on this show such terrible parents? I don’t get how so many people on this show who don’t raise their kids even part time, much less full time.

I wasn't super into this season during the first episode, but I'm finally warming up to it after this one.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
20 hours ago, GussieK said:

OMG, so sorry!!!  If you find any comfort in the snarky banter (and the inane TV content) we celebrate here, I hope it helps.

Thank you so much, GussieK.  I am and do.  I love being a part of this community and enjoying the wit, intellect and wisdom of my fellow posters.  It's definitely been a help to me mentally.

19 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I’m so sorry for your loss, @Xebug67. Please know that we’ll always be here to distract you during troubling times.

Thank you so much for your condolences, Hotel Snarker. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, essexjan said:

@Xebug67 I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope your sadness fades away and that the happy memories stay with you forever.

I don't have a lot more to say than other posters have said upthread, except that Gino gives me a very strong Billy Bob Thornton vibe. And not in a good way.

Thank you so much, essexjan for your kind condolences and lovely sentiment.

13 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I couldn’t remember who Kimbalee reminded me of but then I did - Tiny Tim.

She's too clumsy and clunky though to be tiptoeing through any tulips.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Hey! You do not disrespect my queen Diana Ross like that!

No disprespect whatsoever! I really like the song and like Diana, so there's that. 

15 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I think there is something very very odd going on with Gino. He is either camera shy, or impotent or gay.

My vote is for all of the above. My gaydar pinged instantly with him tbh. 

16 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

The way she has her make up on she looks like she’s been embalmed and/or attacked by a vampire.

I'm dead and looking like Kim after embalming. 

• LOL 5
On 12/27/2021 at 1:28 PM, Meowwww said:

Lifelong horse person here.  
She had a good seat, good hands, good center of balance on her horse.  Nothing poor about that horse, she’s a good rider and it’s obvious to me she’s been riding for a long time. 
I taught riding lessons for many years. Even a skinny little person with no seat, hands, or balance can be more painful and jarring to a horse than a heavier person who had riding skills. 

I thought about that too when I saw her ride.  Sometimes I've seem a horse with two riders so there's that!

• Love 3