Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: First Date, Second Thoughts

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, IvySpice said:

If I wanted to put my own bag in the overhead bin, I would travel alone.

I never thought about this, but I’m average height and even when I do travel alone, someone always offers to put my bag in the overhead bin for me. And they can see for themselves I have full use of my hands! Caleb looks worse and worse the more I think about it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

I never thought about this, but I’m average height and even when I do travel alone, someone always offers to put my bag in the overhead bin for me. And they can see for themselves I have full use of my hands! Caleb looks worse and worse the more I think about it. 

Ladies always ask me to reach for things on the upper shelves at the supermarket but I think it’s because I’m tall, not male.

• Useful 2
13 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Ladies always ask me to reach for things on the upper shelves at the supermarket but I think it’s because I’m tall, not male.

I JUST asked a tall guy to get an item off the top shelf at the supermarket last night. I am about 5'7" so I can reach most stuff, but this was on the top and to the very back (they needed to restock the section). If I spied a tall woman first, I would have asked her.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, hookedontv said:

🎵 Do you know where you're going to?
Do you like the things that life is showin' you?
Where are you going to?
Do you know? 🎵

This is such a hilarious TV reference 😆!  I hope that they play it when he's frantically running through the airport trying to find her!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

I JUST asked a tall guy to get an item off the top shelf at the supermarket last night. I am about 5'7" so I can reach most stuff, but this was on the top and to the very back (they needed to restock the section). If I spied a tall woman first, I would have asked her.

5'4" here and I have no problem climbing up those shelves to get what I need/want.  It's fun!

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

This is such a hilarious TV reference 😆!  I hope that they play it when he's frantically running through the airport trying to find her!  

The theme from the movie "Mahogany" has been used on TV?

I was referencing the movie that starred Diana Ross, Billy Dee Williams, and Anthony Perkins🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

The theme from the movie "Mahogany" has been used on TV?

I was referencing the movie that starred Diana Ross, Billy Dee Williams, and Anthony Perkins🙂

My mistake! I saw the movie years ago on TV- my apologies, it has been a long day and my thoughts are scattered today.  Your reference was brilliant and witty to post the lyrics and it is a great song! 🙂

• Love 1
1 hour ago, hookedontv said:

My hubs is 6 foot seven and he gets it a lot.

@Xebug67 in Minnesota a license plate has to have three letters and three numbers.  I was out getting a filet o fish and I was behind a car that ended in X then was 067!  Is it creepy that I thought of you?  Feel free to block me, lol! 

It was a whopping 10 degrees!!!

When Kimbaaaaaleee went to pick up INTERNATIONAL STAR SOJABOY her dungarees were ripped. Like a lot.  Oh aren't you rockin' it!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

When Kimbaaaaaleee went to pick up INTERNATIONAL STAR SOJABOY her dungarees were ripped. Like a lot.  Oh aren't you rockin' it!

She spends all her money on MJ paraphernalia, chasing men/strangers around the world and giving them expensive gifts.  She seems to have no concept of finances or how she looks!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

5'4" here and I have no problem climbing up those shelves to get what I need/want.  It's fun!

5'2" and I do the same!  I've also gone to the aisle where they have the kitchen utensils to grab a spatula or something long if what I'm trying to get is too far back on the top shelf to reach even after I've climbed up.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

Sometimes it's the small things that irritate the crap out of me. Every time Kimberly mentions picking up Usman at the airport, I cringe.

I don't know if it's because it sounds so pretentious and show-offy - I am a well traveled woman of the world and of course I know my way around Tanzania better than my African "boyfriend".

But probably it is because it sounds so possessive.  She is trying to claim the power in the relationship. She is heading out to pick up her online order, bought and paid for.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Okay:  here is what I gleaned from time #3:  I loathe Hamza even more.  He shrugs and says what can I do? When mom dotes on him.  Well......there are a couple of things you can do:  don't sneer at her when she invites you to eat breakfast.  Or......just spitballing here, how about saying oh mom you do too much, let ME help YOU!!  And I get it,  a little:  I was a structured mom.  My kids had chores, cooked, etc, so it was fun when they moved back before launching to fetch them food or bring up their laundry, or with my younger one, bring him a beer at night, lol!  But because I did NOT spoil them, it was fun and funny as they were like who is she??? I also think Hamza is going to Florian 2.0 with the shrugging and I just don't care attitude.  Wolf boy 2.0!

Kimbaaaaaaleeee!  You dropped serious coin on those gifts.  No wrapping paper?  A TOWEL?  I have a female friend and she calls herself persuasive, too.  That is code for BADGERING and it is reason I limit my time with her.  Usman is 34 Mommy is going to badger him into coitus. 

I liked Ella's friend with the short hair but the longer, blond one?  Serious parent shaming there.  "Where WE come from we don't abandon-leave-desert our kids." Listen, he already leaves him every week and is gone 5 days a week for work so you can cork it. And that comment could have been pointed towards the bio mom as well.  Plus she was drinking a beer with salad.  I am not anti beer, I just find this combo unpleasant.  To me.  I like water or milk with my food.  Oversharing at it's finest, folks!

I have zero shame, in fact wholly support moms AND dads who leave their kids behind.  Look at Larissa.  You gonna shoehorn two kids into that place?  Uproot them from school, family, friends where they can't speak the language? 

That was THE most empty baggage claim, ever.  I missed the first two times of X saying she still loved prison daddy, but her quick catch was "I used to love him."  Not quick enough, Grifter!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Breedom said:

She spends all her money on MJ paraphernalia, chasing men/strangers around the world and giving them expensive gifts.  She seems to have no concept of finances or how she looks!

My thought is she wants attention of any kind at any cost, here she is on TV bragging about her future boyfriend Usman who is not exactly everyone's dream boat and he is not interested in her on any level except financially, he will put up with her wanting to hold hands in public and acting stupidly coy as long as she is paying, she is getting attention and when this crashes and burns she will get attention/pity from her friends, this may be a pattern with her.  

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

My thought is she wants attention of any kind at any cost, here she is on TV bragging about her future boyfriend Usman who is not exactly everyone's dream boat and he is not interested in her on any level except financially, he will put up with her wanting to hold hands in public and acting stupidly coy as long as she is paying, she is getting attention and when this crashes and burns she will get attention/pity from her friends, this may be a pattern with her.  

I agree and that just shows you what a sh*show her life must have been.  And instead of seeking professional help of stitchfix, a good haircut, a makeup tutorial and THERAPY, she chooses this route.  And I will be here for it weekly my friends!!!!💜

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
On 12/28/2021 at 2:58 PM, hookedontv said:

While I think Darcey looks like a ridiculous 10 pound sausage stuffed into a 2 pound bag, and think Darcey's anything but attractive, I sure would like to see Kim in some of those crazy outfits, hair extensions, and overdone makeup. It would be hilarious!!

Close your eyes next time Kimbaaaaaaaaaaaaaly is on. She sounds just like Darcey, including the begging for validation, pleading for sex, and demands that she be told how great she looks. Its unsettling. 

If Kim starting going full metal Darcy in her dress and appearance, I don't think the earth could contain them both. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

My hubs is 6 foot seven and he gets it a lot.

@Xebug67 in Minnesota a license plate has to have three letters and three numbers.  I was out getting a filet o fish and I was behind a car that ended in X then was 067!  Is it creepy that I thought of you?  Feel free to block me, lol! 

It was a whopping 10 degrees!!!

Mrs. Hanson, I'm honored to have been thought of by you in the non-virtual world.  I'll only block you if I find you conducting surveillance of me in a car outside my house, lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I am also 5'4", and there are some places, like Whole Foods, with unreachable shelves.  I generally just skip those items and get them elsewhere if stepping on the bottom shelf or fishing out a box with another box doesn't get it.  Mrs. Anoninrva is even shorter, and will just not get things out of reach.  I can't imagine how difficult shopping must be for people who are even shorter than us.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Xebug67 said:

Mrs. Hanson, I'm honored to have been thought of by you in the non-virtual world.  I'll only block you if I find you conducting surveillance of me in a car outside my house, lol.

Thank you!  Not gonna lie:  I am super thrifty and outside of work I am a bit of a slug, and that sounds like a lot of work!  Consider yourself safe!  My hubs is "out there" over pepper.  He has, no lie, about seven kinds of pepper in this house.  I had to stop giggling and thinking about @Pepper Mostly a loooooong time ago, lol!!!  Folks, he brings his own pepper to a restaurant.  And I love him.  A lot.

• LOL 7
30 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Thank you!  Not gonna lie:  I am super thrifty and outside of work I am a bit of a slug, and that sounds like a lot of work!  Consider yourself safe!  My hubs is "out there" over pepper.  He has, no lie, about seven kinds of pepper in this house.  I had to stop giggling and thinking about @Pepper Mostly a loooooong time ago, lol!!!  Folks, he brings his own pepper to a restaurant.  And I love him.  A lot.

Interesting!  I ordered black pepper from Walmart in one of my orders. It came and was a coarsly ground black pepper!  It’s just the best so I can understand him!

Maybe get him one of those as a gift sometime. He’ll love it!

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, anoninrva said:

I am also 5'4", and there are some places, like Whole Foods, with unreachable shelves.  I generally just skip those items and get them elsewhere if stepping on the bottom shelf or fishing out a box with another box doesn't get it.  Mrs. Anoninrva is even shorter, and will just not get things out of reach.  I can't imagine how difficult shopping must be for people who are even shorter than us.

On Little People Big World I have seen Amy Roloff climb several shelves and thought they might get pulled forward on her.  But with the weight of groceries that they are designed to support (think glass jars of pasta sauce) they are probably pretty secure.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

On Little People Big World I have seen Amy Roloff climb several shelves and thought they might get pulled forward on her.  But with the weight of groceries that they are designed to support (think glass jars of pasta sauce) they are probably pretty secure.

That must have been close!  Amy is a little tank!  Lol

• Love 4

Not trying to be mean but Alina does have some significant issues and I don't know if Caleb is really willing to take that on. By comparison, Elizabeth and Anna Johnson are about a foot taller than Alina. They both live independently. Liz goes to school for nursing and Anna is in school for Early Childhood.  They seem to live pretty near normal lives in spite of their dwarfism. Maybe that is the type of person that Caleb was expecting before going over there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Caleb is getting pulverized, but I am going to reserve judgment. I don’t believe Alina told him the extent of her disabilities. Like he said, she’d only shown herself from the waist up. He was probably expecting someone like Elena from “Little Women LA” - pretty face and killer boobs with a tiny body. Even though he knows Alina uses a wheelchair, I don’t think he was expecting someone whose legs are so bent, that she can’t stand up straight.  Based on his attitude, he is clearly not happy.  I have a feeling he is either tired and/or believes he was catfished.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Even though he knows Alina uses a wheelchair, I don’t think he was expecting someone whose legs are so bent, that she can’t stand up straight.  Based on his attitude, he is clearly not happy.  I have a feeling he is either tired and/or believes he was catfished.

But still, he was rude. It's  a shock when you picture someone and then they turn out completely different then what is lodged in your brain. It does take a bit to get used to the reality of what you envisioned and what is reality. So I'll give him that. BUT. He should have taken the high road in front of her and then tried to sort things out in private. I just looked at the airport meeting (I missed the airing) and it didn't seem so bad. I'm just referring to later in the room.

• Love 6
On 12/27/2021 at 12:45 PM, magemaud said:

While he knew she was a Little Person-maybe he was thinking along the lines of Jen Arnold on "The Little Family"-but he was shocked when he saw her bent legs which made her even shorter and less mobile.  

Or perhaps, given his lack of sophistication, he envisioned the gang in Oz.  Hand-picked by Casting for their petite "miniaturized" proportions  Well, "Big Guy," you're not in Lollipop Land, and you made yourself a genuine friend over the years so at least be a FRIEND to Alina for your stay!  Make your mom and dad proud.

• Love 12

I'm watching the repeat of the original episode and noticed that in all the photos they show, Alina is hiding her hands (wearing gloves, tucked into a feather boa, etc.) and in the burlesque photo shoot she is posed "mermaid" style with her legs bent to the side. Perhaps Caleb never saw anything that showed the extent of her disability and only saw her beautiful face and ample cleavage. Not that I'm excusing his behavior, but he might have been just as shocked as I was when I finally "met" her for the first time when she came out of the dressing room. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 12/29/2021 at 11:50 AM, MrBuhBye said:

Some stores are smart and strategically have long ladles hanging in various aisles that make for a tall person replacement.

• Love 3

I'm watching the 'more to love' episode, & when Caleb & Alina are in the cab, she asks if she can stroke his hair. He says yes, but she can't reach & he doesn't lean down but stays bolt upright & even laughs as she tries harder. Then he asks what is it like to have such a limited range of motion? As if she would know anything else.

I don't care how 'tired'  he is from his flight, he's an enormous douchebag.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 12/27/2021 at 8:38 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Caleb is a shallow creep. Alina's worth ten of him. My heart is breaking for her. 

And friends, we have only just entered the foyer of the House of Jasmine's Crazy. Buckle up. 

Ella is one giant, racist cringe. Between her wildly inappropriate interaction with her "friend" whose husband is Thai, to her assertion that "Asian food is healthy, you know, vegetables and stuff", to her giggling revelation that she loves to watch her guy masturbate......I'm just aghast. And her "boyfriend"? He's not even cute! I know the outlook for finding someone in China is bleak  because there are way more men than women owing to the One Child Policy, but "Johnny" must be really hard up. 

Further, her ideal man is some anime hero with red hair and green eyes? Sweet tap dancing Jesus. 

The crazy is going to be thick on the ground this season, my friends. And I am here for it. 

Didn't Ella's dream man also have a demon fox? 

Johnny, to, me is not even cute and the way his jaw moves is odd. 

• Love 5
On 12/30/2021 at 1:41 PM, applewood said:

Not trying to be mean but Alina does have some significant issues and I don't know if Caleb is really willing to take that on. By comparison, Elizabeth and Anna Johnson are about a foot taller than Alina. They both live independently. Liz goes to school for nursing and Anna is in school for Early Childhood.  They seem to live pretty near normal lives in spite of their dwarfism. Maybe that is the type of person that Caleb was expecting before going over there.

Ditto.  I don't want to come off sounding mean in any way whatsoever about Alina.  It's just a fact that she is different than what I think most of us think of as little persons who have the more recognizable type of dwarfism, perhaps along the lines of actor Peter Dinklage who played my favorite character on Game of Thrones, Tyrion Lannister.

It's difficult watching Alina try to walk, looking like at any moment she's going to fall over because her legs are so bent.  This woman really has my admiration for wanting to be, and trying so hard to be, independent.  That's partially what makes me think though that she deliberately downplayed to Caleb how challenging certain things are for her.  I haven't made up my mind as yet if he's a POS or not.  He definitely is a blowhard who loves to hear himself speak and pontificate, though.  With as much as he's come across loving himself, I don't know if he could possibly love anybody else, even if it were a woman with no challenges like Alina has.  I just hope that he doesn't devastate Alina.

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

Ditto.  I don't want to come off sounding mean in any way whatsoever about Alina.  It's just a fact that she is different than what I think most of us think of as little persons who have the more recognizable type of dwarfism, perhaps along the lines of actor Peter Dinklage who played my favorite character on Game of Thrones, Tyrion Lannister.

It's difficult watching Alina try to walk, looking like at any moment she's going to fall over because her legs are so bent.  This woman really has my admiration for wanting to be, and trying so hard to be, independent.  That's partially what makes me think though that she deliberately downplayed to Caleb how challenging certain things are for her.  I haven't made up my mind as yet if he's a POS or not.  He definitely is a blowhard who loves to hear himself speak and pontificate, though.  With as much as he's come across loving himself, I don't know if he could possibly love anybody else, even if it were a woman with no challenges like Alina has.  I just hope that he doesn't devastate Alina.

I am surprised his leggings did not devastate Alina, I know they devastated me, lol.

• LOL 11

Poor Mike.  Methinks he is being used.  The man is decent and naive.  I hope he listens to his friends but I suspect he will not.  I really hope he gets wise quickly.

Usman - another user.  Lisa was no prize but he is no better in a different way.  Kim is ridiculous.  She is a fan girl.

Gino needs to get on a plane and go home. Immediately. This bitch be crazy.

• Love 6

Gino wondering if she'll get better and won't be as jealous. Me: "NO. She's already showed you multiple times who she is." Marrying her would be the worst thing he could do. I was expecting some over the top reaction from her about the female clerk in the souvenir shop. 

Kimberly getting ready to see Usman and mentioning how important it is that she looks good. Me: "Perhaps that would have been a great idea when you met him for the first time at the airport yesterday." A T-shirt of him and ripped leggings was not a flattering first impression. I really liked Rose Ree, who really disarmed the situation and didn't seem like she was being condescending or pitying. Unlike us. 😸 

I just remembered one of the rare funny moments I had during my second hospital stay in March of 2020, this time from the serious MRSA infection I'd gotten after hernia surgery a couple of weeks before. I was watching one of the many iterations of 90D on my laptop and, as usual, making many snarky comments out loud. It eventually occurs to me that, you know, I'm not in my living room and the nurses might be able to hear me outside my room. (Kaiser gives you private rooms, even when you don't have an infectious disease.) Thankfully, it did not appear that anyone heard me so I didn't have to explain what I was watching that had gotten me so worked up about! I did continue snarking, albeit a bit more quietly. 

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 4
On 1/1/2022 at 2:30 PM, Xebug67 said:

In many ways, her body type is a lot like Matt Roloff.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/27/2021 at 12:27 PM, Persnickety1 said:

He managed to get his expensive gifts from this idiot Kimberly and not even give her a kiss in return, much less have sex with her. 

There is no fool like and old fool!!  That adage gets validated over and over on this franchise.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 2
On 12/27/2021 at 2:23 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

@Mrs. Hanson I agree about Hamza, what a douche. Alina gets the lion's share of my sympathy but I'm carving out a bit for Memphis. She may have a bad picker but she does not deserve a creep like Hamza. On the scale of Tunisian Love Rats, he's right up there with Mohammed for loathsomeness. What a shit.  

He is very clear she’s his ticket to America and his meal ticket. Too bad she doesn’t realize that.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

It eventually occurs to me that I'm not in my living room and the nurses might be able to hear me outside my room.

I thought you were going to say you found out the nurses also watch! I had shoulder replacement last year and sadly, my hospital didn't have TLC. The only thing left for me to watch was the Kardashians. It was a LONNNNNG night!

• LOL 3
On 12/29/2021 at 6:04 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree and that just shows you what a sh*show her life must have been.  And instead of seeking professional help of stitchfix, a good haircut, a makeup tutorial and THERAPY, she chooses this route.  And I will be here for it weekly my friends!!!!💜

Does Stitch Fix carry the selection of Sojaboy T-shirts that a potential like Kimbaaaaly needs? Maybe he could dump excess inventory there and form some kind of partnership. Use offer code SOJABOY30 at checkout and avoid being mistaken for a Super Fan. 

• LOL 7