Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: James B's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

We love you, @hookedontv

What Auntie said, @hookedontv

6 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Smoking really was my best friend. I have dreams in which I am smoking and then wake up in a panic because I know I cannot ever smoke just one.

I do too! I'm always having dreams where I'm smoking and think "Oh shit, I'll have to quit again!"

• Love 4

Correction: less than 30 pounds in SIX months.  That's 5 pounds a month.  RLY?  That's not 'slipped up', that's 'barely assed to get started'.  Basically, he now spreads his Red Velvet Cake over two days instead of eating it in a day.   My, what deprivation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Now the cousin's making excuses for him...

His dad died "a few weeks ago" when he was calling to cancel the first missed appointment. He got two more months after that before coming back.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

This dude is really annoying me. I know everyone grieves and handles stress differently, but for FFS, my dad died last year, my brother died 2 months ago, and my mom is currently in the hospital. Sure, I took time off from work, but I managed to keep my job, plan 2 funerals, go to endless doc appts with my mom, go to the hospital 59 visit, pay my bills and care for my pets. 
Sorry for the rant, it’s a bad time right now so thank you for the snark it makes me laugh. 

So sorry for your losses.  Hope 2022 will be much kinder to you.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Hellga said:

You are still an orphan.  Just one who got to enjoy having Mom around for a really long time.  Which is awesome.  Not that it makes loss any easier....  sorry for your loss.

Yes, I'm very grateful for all these years, and feel sad when I hear someone mentions that their mother died when they were in their 30s.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, LEILANI2 said:

I'm late to getting an airfryer and it is amazing, best purchase I've made this year and I got a 75% deal at Macys.

If I didn't already have a religion, I would make my air fryer my god. I'm on my 3rd one; this one has flat shelves, which are a game changer. I love that piece of metal.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

Yes, I'm very grateful for all these years, and feel sad when I hear someone mentions that their mother died when they were in their 30s.

My mom died when I was in my 30s and my father died six months ago.  He's buried here so I was thinking of taking some flowers to the graveyard for Christmas since he can't come over.  Just in case this is all too much, I'm planning on what boozy drink I can make to drink on Christmas Eve.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, LEILANI2 said:

I'm late to getting an airfryer and it is amazing, best purchase I've made this year and I got a 75% deal at Macys.

I love my air fryer with a fierce, strong love. I ended up buying two last Christmas (ordered one, got an email telling me it was on backorder, and that if I wanted to cancel the order to do nothing and they would cancel it automatically. So I did nothing and found one at another source. It ships within two days. Then I get a cheery email telling me the original one has shipped! So I said fuck it and kept one for myself.)

• Love 6
1 minute ago, aliya said:

If I didn't already have a religion, I would make my air fryer my god. I'm on my 3rd one; this one has flat shelves, which are a game changer. I love that piece of metal.

I have a Ninja Foodi that I got last Christmas. Love it, but the flat shelf ones have been causing covetous thoughts.  This Christmas, I splurged on a Smart Keurig with temperature control, and I'm totally out of counter space. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

I can taste the food coloring in Red Velvet Cake, am I the only one?

I would rather have  straight up CHOCOLATE Cake.

The few times I made it at home, I only put half of the food coloring they called for in the batter.    It's still 95% the same color, but it doesn't have that food coloring taste.   

I only like real cream cheese frosting too.     Too many commercial cakes use shortning, whipped, and that's disgusting. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Is his sister naturally that... overexuberant, or just excited to be on TV?

That is Haitian culture. When I taught ESL, the Haitian students would literally celebrate after each correct answer. I loved the joyfulness of teaching them. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

My mom died when I was in my 30s and my father died six months ago.  He's buried here so I was thinking of taking some flowers to the graveyard for Christmas since he can't come over.  Just in case this is all too much, I'm planning on what boozy drink I can make to drink on Christmas Eve.

Cheers to you my friend 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I remember the days when surgery would happen within the first hour

Ah yes, those were the days!!!!

I wonder if there's a "waiting list" to get in to Dr. Now's program?

James sounds like a whiney teenager "they're staring at me".  Get over it man, if you stick to the program & quit making excuses, you'll lose weight.....please!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, 7EasyPayments said:

I can taste the food coloring in Red Velvet Cake, am I the only one?

I would rather have  straight up CHOCOLATE Cake.

It's been a few years since I had red velvet cake, and I only had it less than five times in my entire life, so I don't know.  But I know that a lot of frosting has a weird off-taste to me, so at home I either make buttercream frosting with cream cheese, or just use simple whipped cream with vanilla and my secret ingredient, cognac!) and when I eat commercially made cake, I eat the sponge and leave frosting barely touched 80% of the time. 

• Love 3

James, you ARE being looked at!!!  You are close to 600 Fucking Pounds and everyone can see the television crew taping your every move.  If they are as smart as us Pounders, they know what's going on.

AND, if you are embarrassed by them watching you, you sure as hell don't want ANY of the Pounders there!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 6