Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: James B's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Thank you, the first Christmas season is very hard. It is a big deal in my small family circle.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Sainte-Chapelle!  My mother died last year and Christmas was really strange as I always spent them with her.  I really felt like an orphan.

• Love 6

I am not sure how to process all of these manners with the extras.

I am just going to step out (get off camera), so you can have your privacy (even though I will see this in a couple of months on the teevee)!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

First time he called to postpone appointment, I was impressed with him being proactive.  Now the second time I am suspicious it's a pattern and he will just keep putting it off indefinitely.  Death in the family is sad, but unless he wants to follow soon, he should focus on losing weight.  C'mon, what he can really do for his family from his couch that they need him here so much?  It's a cover up for him not losing nearly enough weight.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m still waiting for evidence that his family needed him.

He certainly needs the bejesus out of them. 

These poundticipants ALWAYS do this. "I have to be here for my family. They need me". James, guess what? You are full of shit. And look at Cheyenne. She knows he's full of shit too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
Just now, MsVixen said:

I'm so sorry for your loss, Sainte-Chapelle!  My mother died last year and Christmas was really strange as I always spent them with her.  I really felt like an orphan.

Sorry for your loss. It is super rough but we can all snark together 

• Love 6

I’m so tired about this “grieving with my family” and “I need to be there.” As far as I know, he doesn’t work, doesn’t really do anything or have any responsibilities. 

I find this really frustrating. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh, I quit with Welbutrin and it was surprisingly easy. thank goodness, because I LOVED smoking.

So you understood my comment from a previous episode, that sex was just the foreplay to the cigarette after?  😍😍😍

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Dr Now should just say "Two missed appointments with no weight readings from a local office and you're out of the program."  Nip it. Nip it in the bud, Dr Now. Otherwise, these people will walk all over you.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Thank you, the first Christmas season is very hard. It is a big deal in my small family circle.

The first holiday season after my Dad passed, I couldn't bear the thought of going to my parents' house so my Mom came to visit me instead and we went out to celebrate... and then the anniversary of his passing we went to Seattle...  So sorry for your loss.  

Edited by Hellga
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I lost my parents within 15 months  of each other and I'm an only child. Talk about being orphaned.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Dr Now should just say "Two missed appointments with no weight readings from a local office and you're out of the program."  Nip it. Nip it in the bud, Dr Now. Otherwise, these people will walk all over you.

Lord, that would hurt!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, umgoblue said:

He hasn't lost another ounce...

and I think he is doing RedVelvet again.

I wonder if someone can develop Antabuse for RedVelvet cake.  They would be an instant millionaire.

It's called Vyvanse, and it has horrible side effects, but that stuff works.  It's prescribed for binge eating disorder. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

This dude is really annoying me. I know everyone grieves and handles stress differently, but for FFS, my dad died last year, my brother died 2 months ago, and my mom is currently in the hospital. Sure, I took time off from work, but I managed to keep my job, plan 2 funerals, go to endless doc appts with my mom, go to the hospital 59 visit, pay my bills and care for my pets. 
Sorry for the rant, it’s a bad time right now so thank you for the snark it makes me laugh. 

• Love 17

I am pretty sure NYC has a scale that goes up to 600 pounds or higher... why can't he go get confirmatory weigh-in locally since he has a semi-legit reason to not be able to go to Houston (as an actually productive family member would have to take 6-7 days to make the round-trip with him)?  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

...then, he can sic Sharon on them right after he says that! 😉

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, aliya said:

Jeez. People in the workplace get 3 days for funeral leave. Maybe you take a week if you have the vacation time. As usual, these people are weak. They can't handle the slightest bit of stress or difficulty. No sympathy.

I lost my job due to Covid…got a new great job, dad had an accident and was on a ventilator but I couldn’t visit due to lockdown. He died 2 weeks after I started my new job. It took a week to get the body transferred to a funeral home. I had to take 2 weeks off unpaid but thankfully my boss was very understanding. I was terrified of losing my job, I was unemployed for 6 months and needed the income. Does this dude even work?

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, hookedontv said:

This dude is really annoying me. I know everyone grieves and handles stress differently, but for FFS, my dad died last year, my brother died 2 months ago, and my mom is currently in the hospital. Sure, I took time off from work, but I managed to keep my job, plan 2 funerals, go to endless doc appts with my mom, go to the hospital 59 visit, pay my bills and care for my pets. 
Sorry for the rant, it’s a bad time right now so thank you for the snark it makes me laugh. 

We love you, @hookedontv

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Hellga said:

I am pretty sure NYC has a scale that goes up to 600 pounds or higher... why can't he go get confirmatory weigh-in locally since he has a semi-legit reason to not be able to go to Houston (as an actually productive family member would have to take 6-7 days to make the round-trip with him)?  

Right? 

2 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I was thinking that just recently.  Then I told myself, c'mon you're 68 years old!

You are still an orphan.  Just one who got to enjoy having Mom around for a really long time.  Which is awesome.  Not that it makes loss any easier....  sorry for your loss.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Smoking really was my best friend. I have dreams in which I am smoking and then wake up in a panic because I know I cannot ever smoke just one.

I noticed that the first time I tried to quit.  I no longer had my private moments with my friend.  It was another 10 years before I really quit.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

I hear you friend

• Love 4
1 minute ago, LEILANI2 said:

Something is odd about this guy.  Notice how there was just a sectional couch in the room and no other furniture. Who lives like this.

He spends all his money on three $100 meals a day. 

Contrave is working for me, I lost 35 lbs already on 25% of the full dose. I assume all the poundticipants have tried it.

Oh boy, he has actually made it back to Texas!  He probably gained 35 lbs, that's my wager.

• Love 5

MOnth 1 625

Month 3 and 4 cancelled

Month 5 (I think) -  597 only down 28 not the 75 lb. goal (They flew this time)

Does James have every official team hat for every pro team?   

Cheyenne really gets it.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1