Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E09: The Last Straw

• Start Topic

This was pretty amazing for an unconventional materials competition.  I don't think we've seen any unconventional materials runway show quite as, how do I put it, wearable?  marketable?  real?  Even the popcorn butt sanitary pad dress had a lovely bodice, and with better time management, or just flat out more time, might have been much, much better.  These were all designs I could actually see people really wearing to actual cocktail parties.  Not the parties I go to, since I don't get out much to fancy events.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

O.k. I like Anna's garment more than others. It was a perfectly serviceable cheongsam. I was thinking, though, that her frog closures looked like spiders. Ick!

The guest judges' outfit? I love color and pattern, but that was just a big NOPE of a combination. Elaine was wrapped in a granny afghan cocoon, so I can see why she would like Prajje's granny doily dress. It might have been salvageable, but the poor model could not walk it with any amount of grace. I didn't see the menstrual accidents with his, though Chasity's? Ouch. Reminded me too well of an excruciatingly embarrassing incident from my young teens.

I liked Aaron's and appreciated the nod to 20's flappers. I didn't mind the capelet at all, and it was also an accurate nod to the flapper era. Look at (slightly) earlier Poiret designs, por ejemplo. Big, enveloping shapes were just right for the pared down slinky dresses.

Chantal's was awesome. So well constructed. I liked Coral's, too, but it suffered in comparison to Chantal's. I think that's why she wasn't in the top three -- Kristina's was enough different to put her in the top. I liked Kristina's variations on the sequins -- especially the little (not peacock) feathers. Bones could have been on top, too, but I don't think he had quite as impressive construction or concept.

Edited by carrps
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, vibeology said:

the show should be providing every model with sets of undergarments (strapless bras, thin strapped bra, thongs etc) 

I'm positive that all professional models carry these kinds of accessories to jobs. It should be part of the designer's job to decide what their model wears under their garment.

I would like to hear someone I respect explain why we need plus female models, but not plus male models, short models or ugly models. You think the PR designers who get the big girls are at a disadvantage, imagine what they'd face with a short, fat male model? And why are cocktail dresses only for female models? As I said several episodes ago, this way lies madness.

• Love 8

Am I the only one troubled by DD's orange hair? Perhaps my views are dated, but I was under the impression that models are essentially supposed to be blank canvases for the designers. I'm of two minds about the disadvantage of having plus-sized models. I appreciate the diversity, but it definitely puts the designers at a disadvantage based on limited time for fittings, and potentially in fabric choices/budget when extra material is required. That said, the right person went home. This was the second time that Prajje would not/did not adjust his design to suit his model. I'm all for showcasing all bodies, but he did his model dirty by not raising the back to cover her lower back rolls. Again- this is not a commentary or judgement on the models back rolls, just an opinion that back rolls are not "celebrating her beautiful curves".

• Love 12

I posted most of this on another forum, but thought I'd bring it here, too:

I quite liked Anna's dress.  Other than the fit--which they did not criticize, even though there was visible gapping--I don't understand why the judges were so down on Anna's look.  I thought it looked quite a bit like some sort of sustainable fashion political statement that a lot of big designers are so fond of doing these days.  Didn't Anna layer and heat fuse those takeout bags together?  That was an interesting technique, and it made the "fabric" look like one piece that was cut out and put together.  Was her mistake putting the EXIT sign letter applique over the takeout bags?  I seriously thought that was an ironic message, like "Thank you and goodbye" or "Thank you and leave" much like the famous and tone deaf "I don't really care, do u?" jacket.

The fit though, was awful.  Anna really struggled there with the fused bags just not having any give or stretch to them.  I think she cut too closely, didn't allow any extra for finishing, so that led to the gapping.  And for the fit she deserved to be on the bottom, but I thought the design was lovely.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I know what time it is here.  I will remove this thread from my favorites.  Wouldn't want anyone to have to think about fat people as equals.

Merry Christmas.

That sounds more like a Festivus post than a Christmas post to me. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

That was an interesting technique, and it made the "fabric" look like one piece that was cut out and put together.  Was her mistake putting the EXIT sign letter applique over the takeout bags?

I think her mistake was that it looked cut out and put together.  I will not begrudge you for liking it; but I think that would be the minority opinion for this type of look.

1 hour ago, HurricaneVal said:

I seriously thought that was an ironic message, like "Thank you and goodbye" or "Thank you and leave"

This bit was neat, I agree, but the style you liked (and I didn't) and the fit that was empirically bad just made it a non-starter for me.  She's lucky Prajje's was as bad as it was.

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, BlackberryJam said:

Yes, it's easier to make a dress for a stick thin, flat chested, tall woman. Yes, it's a good thing to use different size models to chip away at the stereotype of good models having to be tall, stick then and flat chested. Yes, designers need to learn how to design for all types of bodies. Yes, the time constraints can make it seem unfair. 

Totally. I can be both be glad PR is trying to chip away at stereotypes but also pretty irritated that beyond their inclusion there hasn't been a lot of thought to how this effects the show, judging and casting. Each week I get more annoyed. But there's no one culprit I can blame. The show did it without being thoughtful about all the ways a plus model affects design and construction (time, materials etc.), the judges don't seem to see their implicit bias in designs on thin models, and the designers have mixed abilities on dressing plus models. That said, the show has plus models for a few seasons now so I had hoped for some improvement in the results (who wins, who goes home) but there hasn't really seen to be much at all. Maayyybe better designers. I dunno. It's just really frustrating and clearly there people here who see what I see, so I am not a part of one opinion.

4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Elaine talks about "gorgeous curves" but the model carries her weight in her mid-section/stomach which is very hard to fit and design.  Plus size models who have their weight more evenly distributed are easier to fit and design than those who carry excess weight in the mid-section.  This is all my opinion of course, but I am overweight myself and know various based on where my weight is and how overweight at any particular time that I am.  I have made adjustments when sewing from patterns as well as when shopping.  There is a similarity in models who are all size 0 or 2 that is just not found with plus size models as they tend to have "gorgeous curves" in different places.  Okay, my rant is over (well, for now...).

All of the above. This is my body type and I have been familiar with it since I was a teenager. Decades later I am just beginning to find a style groove I like that works with my personality and my figure. If you're going for the curves that Nina loves SOOOOO much, empire waistlines work pretty well to give that effect.  That said, I am not in agreement with Nina that everything a woman wears needs to accentuate her curves in order to be "flattering" or even be fashionable. WHY? Otherwise women are hideous blobs taking up space? Why does she need to know where my waist is? Does she think I'm an alien and this calms her? 

Yes there are times when people want to wear something that is flattering to their figure, of course, but I would argue that's not 100% of my life. It's not a required component of fashion or even the clothes I wear. Fashion can be a form of expression. And in the case of this unconventional challenge in particular, is it really about it being "flattering"? Was the avant garde challenge about every day clothes? I say no. Unconventional is about creativity and material manipulation/construction. 

Fashion has begun to make room for non-gender specific fashion and androgeny (which before IMO has been more of a Trend) and that's great. I wish that sentiment would seep into this show a bit more. 

I honestly don't like picking apart this show. I watch it to see the challenges and what the designers come up with.  The judging is a necessary evil. 

Lastly, even with all of my rant above, I will say that overall this was definitely one of the best overall groups for the unconventional challenge the show has had. Remember Wendy Pepper's candy string thing? (RIP Wendy). Or the recycling center where it was also a team challenge? 

Edited by Refresh
  • Love 14

That bar was a fully stocked pond for the unconventional materials fishing tournament.  The designers from Season [ ] who had to paw through carburetors and rip out automobile upholstery are pissed.

• LOL 11
  • Love 12
21 minutes ago, Refresh said:

Lastly, even with all of my rant above, I will say that overall this was definitely one of the best overall groups for the unconventional challenge the show has had. Remember Wendy Pepper's candy string thing? (RIP Wendy). Or the recycling center where it was also a team challenge? 

Yah. Even though I strongly disagree with Elaine's opinion of this group as the BEST EVAH, this was probably the most consistently successful unconventional materials challenge results they've ever had (nods to candall's post above). Of course, this particular challenge seems like it was earlier in most other seasons, so the odds for someone flopping badly were higher then.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I know what time it is here.  I will remove this thread from my favorites.  Wouldn't want anyone to have to think about fat people as equals.

Merry Christmas.

but that's just it....what I'd like to see in the challenges is equality in the models, be it everyone gets someone with "curves" or they all get mimi types.  as many has stated here, it is not fair for the designers to have such different body parts within the same challenge.  

Pradje realized that he was going to run into the same problem with the fit as Jayden did last week, didn't have time to properly fit it, so defaulted to the doilies covering everything.  ultimately a poor choice.  just as Chastiny made a poor choice with her design and didn't have time to do it the way she wanted.

Frankly, I really liked Bones outfit...loved the disco ball in the handbag.

Although Aaron has fallen out of favor with me by his attitude, I can appreciate his frustration...he look was flawless and beautiful yet it seemed like the judges never really considered it for top look.

as for the straw dress.  it was great but I seem to remember a time far back when using just one unconventional item for the whole look was frowned on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, susannot said:

What a surprise-NOT-that the looks on the two largest models were in the bottom.  To be fair, Praaje's look was awful.  If I may be gross, I told my TV that it looked like menstrual blood had leaked down onto it.

That's what I thought of Chasity's.  She should have picked a different color, like maybe dark blue.

18 hours ago, T Summer said:

Fitting curvy to plus size models is inherently difficult. Plus everything doesn't look well on curvy models, so you can't necessarily put forth a light color stretchy jumpsuit or a midriff baring 3 pc look with billowy harem pants and a  flowing robe. I know if I was going on Project Runway I'd breathe a huge sigh of relief if the model I was assigned had Didi's proportions and I'd be awfully nervous if I was assigned the model that Prajje and Zayden couldn't fit properly in one short fitting session.

On the other hand  for the contestant who draws DiDi  as a model there is zero concern about whether any lightness of color, stretchiness of fabric,  amount of fullness such as draping or ruffles or  skin showing  will look poorly on the runway.  Not exactly fair in my eyes. Maybe they should all have to dress models with the same proportions. Traditional models one week, plus size the next.

It is just a fact.  I have been pretty much all sizes from a 2 to a 16 and I always looked amazing in the smaller sizes.  I *could* look amazing in the larger sizes, too, but it was a lot harder - things had to fit just so.  Like wearing a crop top?  It will not look the same on all people, so the larger sizes would have to wear a high waisted pant or something... it puts extra work and into it all.

I think they should have everyone get a middle of the road size, like a 6 for all challenges.  Or they let everyone have a size 2 model, or a size 16 model.  But pretending that all things look the same on all sizes is just not true.

18 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Bones made my favorite look of the night but I have to say it was one of the better unconventional challenges overall. I didn’t like Kristina’s dress, it looked uncomfortable and most women have breasts that wouldn’t look good under that netting. I thought Chasity had the worst outfit, the popcorn and uneven spray paint looked very crafty. 

I thought for sure Bones would win.  It was amazing!

11 hours ago, cinsays said:

Time to replace Brandon and Elaine.

YES

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, cinsays said:

Yeah, that model is a curse for whoever gets her in this competition.  

I agree. Second week in a row that a designer that had her got aufed.  I hate to say it, but there is a huge difference between a plus size model who is thick and one that is fat.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I would have traded Bone’s dress for Christina’s in Top 3. Hers was fine, but I wasn’t blown away by it. I have a thing for fringey flapper dresses, though, and his was a lot of sparkly fun.

I agree that Prajje was at a disadvantage with the model he drew. Nothing against her, there’s nothing wrong with the way she looks, but her particular proportions look like they would be hard to fit quickly. However, he compounded the problem with the materials he chose.

First of all, his base layer was pleather, which sounds like a nightmare to drape. So he is trying to attach crinkly doilies to a stiff surface that cannot readily adapt to the curvy shape below, and nooo. I think he was so intent on doing something with lace, because it reminded him of home, that he forgot to focus first on what would suit his model. His look was terrible, but it was his own fault. And I say this as someone who likes Prajje.

Chasity’s dress was definitely crafty looking, but I think she was saved by its flouncy movement. But Anna’s? Her grocery bag dress looked like grocery bags. With crafty pasted on letters. The judges seemed to give her a pass because she was reflecting her culture (which Prajje was, too, by the way), but I would have sent that mess home to Daddy.

I went back and watched the two safe looks Bones' and Coral's as their showings went by so quickly, I could hardly recall them. I thought they were both beautiful and really great work for an unconventional materials challenge.  I know they have a formula for the show and time constraints, but after all the virtue signaling, sad sagas, overly emotional BS and  pettiness   they made time for early in the season...  I think it's terrible they gave those two contestant's work mere seconds on the screen and no appreciative remarks from the judges beyond "good job".

It's odd, while Coral's was onscreen I could read the list of materials used which included bar mat, cabinet lining, trash bags and mop heads. However I didn't see the words onscreen when Bones' was being shown? Strange, especially as Elaine  excitedly commented it looked better than fabric purchased at Mood.

Project Runway opened up this can of worms seeking to make the term "model" more inclusive  than just much  taller than average  size 0-2 women. They've included those in wheel chairs,  plus size models, transgender women etc.

So at some point, I hope they do something to level the playing field. As a number of us have said it's much easier to fit  a traditional model than a curvy model. Including someone super tall with virtually no curves like Didi and someone plus size  and not in great shape who carries a lot of weight in her abdomen like the model who walked Zayden's look last week and Prajje's this week takes it to even further extremes.

IDK exactly what the  right solution is... go back to using traditional looking models and concentrate on the clothes as a few have suggested? Put all  curvy models in the  challenges some weeks? Have the designers show their garments on two models each week: one traditionally model proportioned and one  curvy? I'd love that last one, but they'd probably have to make the show 2-2.5  hours long.

Edited by T Summer
added word
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, T Summer said:

Have the designers show their garments on two models each week: one traditionally proportioned and one  curvy? I'd love that last one, but they'd probably have to make the show 2-2.5  hours long.

I kinda like this idea. Maybe one episode per season to start with? It's gotta be better than making a matching outfit for a dog.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, backgroundnoise said:

No, because the parameters in a competition should be equal.  I'd have no problem at all having a challenge where they all had the same size model, regardless of size.  

Although let’s be honest.  Models are thin, tall and have specific proportions because that type of body highlight the clothes the best, that’s why designers have been using that type of body forever.  The average women is about 5’4”.  Does that mean they should use short models?    

I saw a lot of pictures from the 2022 spring runways to see the Jewelry trends mostly.   They are using thin flat chested models.  The only one I noticed that wasn’t was McQueen who seemed to be using “regular” not plus size young females for his punk style clothes. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, carrps said:
14 minutes ago, T Summer said:

Have the designers show their garments on two models each week: one traditionally proportioned and one  curvy? I'd love that last one, but they'd probably have to make the show 2-2.5  hours long.

I kinda like this idea. Maybe one episode per season to start with? It's gotta be better than making a matching outfit for a dog.

I kind of like this idea, too. (Although each set of models, both traditional and curvy, would still need to be somewhat similar in proportions to others in that same set.) Or, they could just put the designs on identical plastic mannequins and roll them down the runway. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, carrps said:

Right? Like I stated, they make time for all kinds of extraneous crap when they want to. Dressing dogs is a perfect example.

Extra bonus: in the early weeks when the field is full, there would be no time for sad stories.  No time for missing the kiddos or  loved ones you left back home, no time for clothes with a message... as you'll have your hands full with  darts and ripping out and re-doing seams! No time for workroom spats over who's more  virtuous,  or over  models.

Oh, yeah, this could work.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I certainly do, though I am, according to you, not a real woman. I've always been skinny, no curves, and you quoted someone who said, "Traditional models one week, plus size the next." and changed it to "Traditional models one week, plus size real women the next." So, maybe we could all do better about not letting the pendulum swing back between which groups we're allowed to stigmatize (I'm old enough to have seen at least one or two swings, but historically it just keeps swinging) and stop body-shaming altogether. I am very happy to slap back against fat phobia, and always will, even when told to eat a sandwich ;). Sorry you felt harmed, genuinely.  

I think it was a very good unconventional challenges week and am glad popcorn didn't oust Chasity. I want to see more from her. Aaron's design was gorgeous, but wow, can he not be sour and superior for two seconds? It was a nice, light moment when the designers were singing to Christian, who really does want them all to succeed and he was . Can't argue with who went home, but overall, it was one of the better unconventional challenge.   

• Love 17
6 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Merry Christmas.

Aw, please don't go.

I think everyone just wants  all the contestants to be answering the same challenge.

Someone quoted me and said something like  [for a tall thin model]  all that's required  are a couple of pasties and I wasn't sure if that was sarcasm directed at me, Kristina or more than  likely... no offense was meant.

💕☃️🕊️🎉🎊🎄🛷🃏❄️📯🎄🍬🕊️💂‍♂️🎅🍾🎊🥁🕎🎻❄️🎄🥳💂‍♀️👼🎉🃏☃️🔔🤶🕊️💞

For the record when I've typed plus size I meant no offense, only to use the term the ridiculous fashion industry uses. Traditionally they've used the term  for women over size 6! (which absolutely applies to me). It's changing to come more in line with what the average women wears which at one point was a 12-14, but is now a 16. Some sites even give  size 16-18.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, carrps said:

Agree with most things said, and I'm still watching, but I just have to say when Christian compared Bones and his scarf to Edie Beale. OMG. I died.

Same here. LOL! Especially since, on first seeing the scarf, I thought "wow, Gray Gardens".

Bones didn’t seem to get the reference. 

• Love 9

Loved Aaron's look, including the capelet. Bones should have been up there and not just safe. They've broken protocol already this season with a top 4 instead of 3, it could totally have been done again. The quality was there. I much prefer when they do the uncoventional challenge with between 12-14 designers. We've also seen coffee filters and doilys used to much better effect in previous seasons. Prajje was the right one to boot.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, T Summer said:

I think everyone just wants  all the contestants to be answering the same challenge.

Word.

I appreciate the show’s effort to be more inclusive, and I think most people here do, too. I also recognize that there may not be a perfect solution. But by pretending that one challenge fits all, the show is undercutting its own message. They want to say that women of all sizes can look great, dress great, and are equally deserving of good fashion. (True.) But is the average viewer really seeing that? Or are they getting the impression that you can’t design effectively for larger women?

It wouldn’t surprise me if many viewers place the blame for the last two weeks’ losses on the model. I’m sure she doesn’t feel great about it, either. So if PR really wants to celebrate their models’ “beautiful curves!!” (/Elaine voice off), they need to find a more effective way to do it.

Which is a roundabout way of saying I concur that’s what people on this board are trying to do. I don’t see any fat shaming here.

2 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Yeah, I didn't get the whole story about the poison crystals and a dead parrot, but I do remember her "oh well" shrug about it, which did not endear her to me.  I'm not a bird person, but that seemed awful cavalier and uncaring.

That was a strange story. What I understood was, she put her crystals on the same windowsill that her parrot was living on. She then did something to the crystals that unintentionally made them poisonous. She didn’t say how that transferred to the parrot, but I guess the crystals either gave off fumes, or the parrot was able to grab a piece and eat it. She didn’t seem that broken up by it, but maybe it was a long time ago. It’s still an odd anecdote to tell.

• Love 12

I'm going to watch the episode again as I missed the poison crystals dead parrot reference.

If they have a  season 19 reunion after fashion week and the winner is decided, there just has to be a retrospective of Bones' head wear!

I don't remember there being a gathering of all the designers for a post season discussion for season 18. Was there one?

re: Kristina, the  poison crystals and the dead   parrot

So I'm watching and I'm past the part where Kristina talked about growing crystals and her parrot dying.

I'm reminded of those crystal growing kits you used to see in science + kids activity stores and I Googled and landed on an Amazon listing. Among the questions:

"Is it toxic? According to the package directions, yes." (I wonder if the birdie ate some of the mixture before it crystalized?)

"Will this teach me do be a proper meth cook?" (This shopper was advised to do more writing)

In case you think I'm making this up:

https://www.amazon.com/4M-5557-Crystal-Growing-Experiment/dp/B00ITX1K4K?th=1

for added comedy read the 1st review from the dude who put the leftover solution  down his kitchen drain,  which blocked  it and that  led to his super notifying the police he may have been cooking crystal meth. Because apparently he was unaware of  people making any other kind of  crystals themselves. The cops  came along with DCF  intending to remove his kids.

🙄

Edited by T Summer
typos
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Darian said:

I think it was a very good unconventional challenges week and am glad popcorn didn't oust Chasity. I want to see more from her. Aaron's design was gorgeous, but wow, can he not be sour and superior.

Have loved Aaron from day 1 and was so disappointed at his ugliness towards Bones (who handled it so well). I think he may be just a solitary person. He seems modest while given praise and hasn't trashed anyone in TH's. Maybe he's just needs more quiet while working. Maybe I'm just making excuses for him.

In other news, thought Christian looked very dapper tonight.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, carrps said:

O.k. my sister is watching the episode in the other room. Kristina is talking about the poison crystals and her dead parrot. What the wuh???

1.  As someone who has had pet birds, it angered me that her reaction to killing her own pet with carelessness was "meh, what can you do?"

2. The fact she sat there melting takeout plastic with a lighter -- did anyone else wonder about the amount of fumes she inhaled?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

All the shrieking and literal screaming when they saw the bar was terrible. I know the producers tell them to be over the top but the screaming several times in the episode was not enthusiasm, it was….screaming. If anyone re-watches let me know if I was just cranky when I watched or was it annoying. Bones and the other safe contestant holding hands and jumping up and down when they were backstage, safe, was also over the top and annoying. 
Mon the up side this episode we are finally down to enough contestants I can follow who made what and remember most of the names. 
thank you bag dress lady should have been eliminated. I think she’s the screamer. 

• Love 3

I've been watching old episodes while working out and realized that apparently they are no longer allowed to use muslin as a base for the unconventional materials challenge.  Maybe because they wanted to get over the whole - Design an ordinary dress and then create "fabric" by gluing stuff to it in a pleasing pattern?  I thing where Prajje really went wrong was using that stiff pleather for his base (I think it really would have been more fluid if he had been able to use muslin instead).   Maybe if he had figured out a way to make the skirt with just the doilies - no pleather - it would have had more movement and created a more flattering line.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
40 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I've been watching old episodes while working out and realized that apparently they are no longer allowed to use muslin as a base for the unconventional materials challenge. 

I thought Chasity's entire look was stuff glued onto muslin.  They showed her dress when Christian came by the second time and all she had was muslin with a few cut up straw "beads" glued to the top.

4 hours ago, littlebennysmom said:

2. The fact she sat there melting takeout plastic with a lighter -- did anyone else wonder about the amount of fumes she inhaled?  

Yes!  This!  It must have reeked in there.  I'm surprised she didn't get sick while she was doing it.

I'm disappointed we didn't get a closer look at Bone's dress. I really wanted to see what he did with the broken glass.  It seemed it was only around the waist part? 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, izabella said:

I really wanted to see what he did with the broken glass

yes- Christian was making such a big deal about how great it was, and I didn't even notice it on the dress. Was his the one that had the seemingly ubiquitous car wash flaps on the shoulders? 

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, dleighg said:

Was his the one that had the seemingly ubiquitous car wash flaps on the shoulders? 

Yes, Bones had car wash fringe flaps at the shoulders.  But Coral also had flaps at the shoulders of a similar length, except hers looked like mud flaps.  I like what she did with the straws on the skirt, though. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, izabella said:

I'm disappointed we didn't get a closer look at Bone's dress. I really wanted to see what he did with the broken glass.  It seemed it was only around the waist part? 

yes, i was really looking forward to seeing that too

• Love 2
2 hours ago, izabella said:

I thought Chasity's entire look was stuff glued onto muslin.  They showed her dress when Christian came by the second time and all she had was muslin with a few cut up straw "beads" glued to the top.

Yes!  This!  It must have reeked in there.  I'm surprised she didn't get sick while she was doing it.

You're right.  Then Prajje was an idiot for using that pleather - way too stiff.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dleighg said:

yes- Christian was making such a big deal about how great it was, and I didn't even notice it on the dress. Was his the one that had the seemingly ubiquitous car wash flaps on the shoulders? 

I believe that Bones used the broken glass for the big belt on his dress.

Here's a picture of Coral's dress, I haven't seen Bones's online

pr-the-last-straw-3-1639771892.jpeg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I was very impressed at the creativity and beauty of most of these dresses.

I am trying to think of any other judged reality show where a judge will mention someone as "my man."  I have heard Elaine say this twice about Prajie.  I haven't heard her saying this about the other contestants, but I may have missed it.  I haven't watched  entire episodes.

What are the other contestants to make of this?  I am not wild about this judging panel, to be honest.

• Love 14