Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E09: The Last Straw

• Start Topic

On 12/17/2021 at 10:19 PM, Josiemae said:

Same here. LOL! Especially since, on first seeing the scarf, I thought "wow, Gray Gardens".

Bones didn’t seem to get the reference. 

Are you watching And Just Like That? (sex And The City afterward)

2nd Edie Beale reference this month

• Love 2
On 12/16/2021 at 10:50 PM, T Summer said:

Did you see Brandon's face when Shantal's walked? His mouth was open like the whole time.

Good think it wasn't open during Chasity's or he might have had a piece of green/red/gluey popcorn bounce into it.

I think (but am not sure) Elaine said "my girl" about someone, and I think she just has a bad habit of using it like you'd say "My man Joe here saved the day by refilling the coffee carafes in the break room!" rather than that she has a distinct preference.  Who knows.  It does sound odd but I don't think she means it that way.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Prajje’s looked a bit dated but he should have stayed. Chasity’s grade-school arts and crafts monstrosity was terrible. My wife described it as resembling a hygiene product gone awry. Clearly she has finalist to be protection.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
On 12/17/2021 at 6:23 PM, carrps said:

Have the designers show their garments on two models each week: one traditionally proportioned and one  curvy? I'd love that last one, but they'd probably have to make the show 2-2.5  hours long.

This is a great idea! Have them make basically the same outfit, but make adjustments for each body type. I would love to see what they would do different for each type.

• Love 11

I liked both Prajje's and Chastity's design ideas, but I think I would have really loved Prajje's had he executed it better. 

I think Prajje is one of my favorite designers this season. I love his nod to Haiti. I think he does it really really well. 

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4

Shantall's was definitely the best by far, so I'm glad it got the win.  Aaron's was good, but I think it strayed into costume territory - the dress itself would have fit in very well in the wardrobe dept. of 'Xena Warrior Princess.'  I was not wowed by Kristina's dress, the shape and the tiny nipple caps ruined it for me.  I'll absolutely take Chasity's ambitious design over Praije's ill-fitting, boring potato sack any day.

• Love 6

I have never seen a less-sexy sheer top with nipple pasties look in my life. What was even the point, Kristina?

Re-watch the episode and check out Anna's model walking into the workroom. A vision of stackedness. Then check her out when she walks down the runway, frumpy, disheveled. 

A really great unconventional challenge. There seemed to be less whining about the materials than on past seasons. I wonder if the contestants are more game than the usual pack?

I really don't feel like Elaine has a concrete fashion paradigm she works within. I feel like I can guess what Brandon will think about a design (also M. Kors and Nina for the most part) but Elaine's viewpoints seem to flit from here to there depending on, well who knows? 

• Love 6

as to where Bones used that big piece of mirrored glass...

I didn't even realize there were any pieces of the cracked mirrored glass on the dress. I thought I heard Bones say she was his Bond Girl and  that she had "Diamonds" in her purse.

Edited by T Summer
added missing word
On 12/17/2021 at 6:09 AM, Lassus said:

I'm sad for Prajje, because he seems like an awesome human and he has a lot of good designs.  It would have been fine for EXIT girl to go instead because that was almost equally bad; but this auf was justified.

Yes, Prajje stuck paper doilies on pleather.  He made poor choices.  I think either Prajje or Chastity would have been out regardless of the model.  Both designs were poorly designed.

I'd rather blame the poor design of each rather than the models.

• Love 7

On the other hand I'm reminded of the contestant Sean Kelly(s 13)  who used the pink and yellow dye on a white dress when they featured the "rainway" in the avant garde  challlenge.

Talk about fabric dye used well and then...  NOT!

• Love 5
On 12/17/2021 at 4:23 PM, candall said:

That bar was a fully stocked pond for the unconventional materials fishing tournament.  The designers from Season [ ] who had to paw through carburetors and rip out automobile upholstery are pissed.

Season 5. Leanne made a great garment and Kotu (I believe) wove seat belts together.

• Love 4
On 12/17/2021 at 2:23 PM, candall said:

That bar was a fully stocked pond for the unconventional materials fishing tournament.  The designers from Season [ ] who had to paw through carburetors and rip out automobile upholstery are pissed.

I kept thinking of Kurto’s amazing garment that week. 

16 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Yes, Prajje stuck paper doilies on pleather.  He made poor choices.  I think either Prajje or Chastity would have been out regardless of the model.  Both designs were poorly designed.

I'd rather blame the poor design of each rather than the models.

It was weird to hear all the gushing about how Prajje made the doilies look like lace. I mean, they were already lacy. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
18 hours ago, T Summer said:

I'll bet the next time  coffee filters, paper doilies, or anything else made of white paper  is in abundance for an unconventional challenge, everyone leaves that red dye alone!

I forgot to mention Mychal Knight's (RIP) coffee filter dress. When Chasity (?) mentioned not knowing WTF to do with them, his dress came to mind. 

• Love 5
On 12/18/2021 at 9:07 AM, izabella said:

I thought Chasity's entire look was stuff glued onto muslin.  They showed her dress when Christian came by the second time and all she had was muslin with a few cut up straw "beads" glued to the top.

Yes!  This!  It must have reeked in there.  I'm surprised she didn't get sick while she was doing it.

I'm disappointed we didn't get a closer look at Bone's dress. I really wanted to see what he did with the broken glass.  It seemed it was only around the waist part? 

I was worried the entire time that the model would cut herself on the broken glass.  So glad that nobody was hurt in the making of this fashion.

• Love 7
On 12/17/2021 at 12:27 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

I know what time it is here.  I will remove this thread from my favorites.  Wouldn't want anyone to have to think about fat people as equals.

Merry Christmas.

I've noticed some very insensitive remarks in this particular episode thread, too.  But, I hope you reconsider, because, there are so many others who post thoughtful, fun and insightful messages.  I appreciate your input.  

• Love 7
On 12/16/2021 at 10:21 PM, Cotypubby said:

Oh and wtf was the guest judge wearing!? Are we really supposed to be getting a fashion critique from someone who thinks those patterns go together? He looked like someone who grabbed two random mismatched pieces from a lost & found box because they were the only things that would fit. 

You forgot to mention his hideous orange boots!

• Love 2
On 12/18/2021 at 3:30 AM, jacksgirl said:

Have loved Aaron from day 1 and was so disappointed at his ugliness towards Bones (who handled it so well). I think he may be just a solitary person. He seems modest while given praise and hasn't trashed anyone in TH's. Maybe he's just needs more quiet while working. Maybe I'm just making excuses for him.

I never understood why Michelle on a previous season got so much hate when all I saw was someone who was solitary and not interested in high school type cliques and giggles..

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 12/20/2021 at 9:18 PM, T Summer said:

On the other hand I'm reminded of the contestant Sean Kelly(s 13)  who used the pink and yellow dye on a white dress when they featured the "rainway" in the avant garde  challlenge.

Talk about fabric dye used well and then...  NOT!

loved the way this worked for Sean, but I always did wonder how long it took the model to get all that Rit dye off her skin??

• Love 2
23 hours ago, CraftyHazel said:

loved the way this worked for Sean, but I always did wonder how long it took the model to get all that Rit dye off her skin??

I don't know the answer to that, but I know Sean lined the dress, trying to avoid the dye staining the model as much as possible.  Also, I've worked a bit with fabric dyes, and Rit is one of the least potent.  So, hopefully the model was as good as new in no time!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I was surprised that none of these designers* seemed to remember that on *any* reality competition show, whenever Production gives the contestants a night off or throws them a party...it's *ALWAYS* the next challenge!  "It's never a fucking party," TM Jeffrey Sebelia, who, despite anyone's personal feelings on him, knew the score 15 years ago.

*Maybe.  I seem to remember maybe one of them being a tiny bit suspicious.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5