Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Father and Son

Bort
  • Start Topic

When a stunning revelation puts Josh and Izzy's lives on the line, the survivors desperately search for the young boy who holds the key to saving them. Gavin and Izzy must rely on a stranger if there is any hope to reunite their family.

Airdate: 23 Nov 2021

Just want to say this show has proven to be quite the surprise in its entertainment and success! I had it pegged as an early casualty given most genre programs on network TV.

I will say NBC has shot itself in the foot like they did with SUPERSTORE. Before its first season aired they CUT the number of episodes and then when it was a hit they were caught flat footed. Same here...it's bad enough a lot of shows only do 13 episodes but LA BRAE got a meager 10 and now they are about out of content!

They are killing their own momentum if the show won't return until next fall. They needed to have eps in the pipeline for mid season come January after the holidays.

Anyway the two best new shows this season GHOSTS and LA BREA break the mold and that friends is so refreshing!

• Love 7

How much vaping juice did Scott bring with him?

Josh and Izzy will never be born? Sounds like a win win.

I don’t get it. Paara said Silas told her he and Isaiah came to her world through a sinkhole a few years ago. But Aldrich says Gavin comes from Paara’s world. So were Silas and Isaiah originally from our world, fell into a sinkhole into Paara’s world, and then Isaiah went back to our world again? With Ella?

What if Silas is old Gavin trying to prevent himself from going to 1988?

Now Josh is going to get all shirty with Levi because he was holding hands with Eve? He just got finished saying his dad wasn’t always there for him. God he’s moody.

How did Aldrich know the La Brea sinkhole would take her to the exact time she needed to go?

I’d go back to 1988, especially if the other choice is 10,000 BC. Think of the killing you could make in the stock market.

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I’d go back to 1988, especially if the other choice is 10,000 BC. Think of the killing you could make in the stock market.

Except you'd probably lose your memory like Gavin did.

I teeter back and forth between being involved in this show and thinking it's too stupid for words.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

I want to know what’s up with the bar coded cow.

If Isiah doesn’t go back to 1988, and the kids disappear, what happens to Eve? She would have had a different life and it’s unlikely she would have been close to the sinkhole in 2021.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

I want to know why Isaiah/Gavin and Lily/Ella can’t remember their pasts.

The people who traveled from 2021 to 10k BC remembered their pasts. Why not the other direction? They were both old enough to remember their pre-sinkhole lives.

• Love 6

Scott calls everyone out for "Stoner," ha! And calls them old I guess since stoner is an antiquated term according to him.

I'm not sure if I've been brainwashed by this show like Veronica was by Aaron, but I think this was the best episode yet. Don't get me wrong, I still think it's bat shit but there was actually some suspense and intrigue and the character interactions were mostly OK. I enjoyed all the various quests everyone went on. I like Scott and Veronica looking for the cow and their conversation. I did laugh at the fact that they happened to have a harness for the cow. I don't think it had one when Scott first saw it?

It helped that Josh and Drop Out Pre-Med student were eventually separated so we didn't have to suffer through that too much. I laughed at her telling Josh not to freak out. That was so dumb.

I'm not sure why there needs to be 3 or 4 romances on this show but the one between Ty and Paara is cool with me and not gross like Josh and Drop Out.

I'm interested in finding out why Aldridge wants to save Gavin and by extension Josh so much but I'm a little irked that Josh is special in some way. He just annoys the heck out of me; he's so self-righteous about everything.

I know 1988 seems like ages ago but there were actually cameras at that time. Did Gavin's adoptive parents not take any pictures of him that Eve and Josh might have seen? Maybe they were thrown off by his long hair or something.

Glad that the animal attacks are back, those are always fun.

That bridge was flimsy as heck the way Levi took it down with one knife cut.

There's no contest for me between 10,000 BC and 1988 especially considering what an advantage you'd have if you knew a lot of what would happen. Invest in Microsoft and buy lots of TP in February 2020.

I guess Ella/Lilly has lived in 3 time lines and not in order, either. 2021 to 10,000 BC to 1988. I guess her parents in 2021 will be surprised to see her show up all grown up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

So Silas is from a future sinkhole since he had a book with a map  of the Seattle sinkhole. Rebecca is  also from a  future  ( beyond 2021) since she knew about Silas’s map. Still trying to figure those two out. 

None of the adults that found Lily and Isaiah in 1988 ever looked through the coats’ pockets?  Really thorough  investigators there. 

Lily might not even have been her actual name.  The kidnapper might have referred to her as that rather than her actual name.  So she’s not likely to locate her parents in 2021.   Probably going to fall into the Seattle sinkhole with Gavin and Izzy.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

So, how does this work, if Isaiah and Lilly don't go through the TimeHole we lose Gavin, Josh and Izzy from the show. It they do go through the TimeHole we lose Isaiah and Lilly from the show. I would much prefer a show where they dump Gavin, Josh and Izzy and they keep Isaiah and Lilly. Be bold show, turn our expectations on their head!

You hit one little saber-toothed cat and all of the wheels fall off of your jeep. I really wanted to get a good look at what the jeep looked like after the crash, but I think they were too ashamed of themselves to show us.

If I was in 10^4th power BC I would jump at the chance to go to 1988. If I knew I would forget my life, I would write myself a note of which stocks to buy the minute they were available. I would be swimming in Microsoft, Intel and Apple stocks.

Why is Dr. Aldridge walking around so much. I would barely believe she could make it to their encampment riding in the Jeep, but she didn't even have that, because the Jeep 'sploded.

Why did Eve leave Silas' furry laptop tote, she didn't even look inside to see what he was carrying.

1 minute ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Did anyone else have a lengthy dinosaur movie ad for like two minutes into the start time?

Jurassic Park? People have been begging for better CGI and some dinosaurs on the show, so I think it is a win, win.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Now Josh is going to get all shirty with Levi because he was holding hands with Eve? He just got finished saying his dad wasn’t always there for him. God he’s moody.

He didn't even realize they had been sleeping together for months, so I am not sure what he was so upset about. Unless he thought they'd found time to hook up down in 10,000 BC or that he took advantage of his mom or something.

I am intrigued about why Isiah/Gavin and Lily/Ella lose their memories. I feel kind of sad about Lily, because I like her and if we are going to lose seeing her as a kid I'd like it to be because she made it back to her real parents. I wonder if any one else makes it out and will show up as older people in the 2021 scenes.

Here's what I don't get about Rebecca. Why does she have to jump into the sinkhole to make sure Gavin makes it out. He already made it out of the sinkhole once, so what changed that this is now a risk? Or did she ALWAYS jump into the sinkhole and set all this in motion? 

Also, she is kind of a bitch for not telling all the survivors there is about to be an opening to 2021. Although I guess they can't get to Seattle in time. Too bad Eve and Mary Beth shot up their plane. I knew it would have been useful.

Could anyone read what that cow was branded with?

4 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Did anyone else have a lengthy dinosaur movie ad for like two minutes into the start time?

My programming guide called it an "entertainment special", lol. It is an ad for the new Jurassic Park/World. 

• Love 4

I laughed out loud when Wolf Snack trashed the jeep to save Isaiah.

Why aren't they eating that dead sabertooth tiger ?  After all the complaints about mushrooms.

And with all the wolves, bears and sabertooth tigers roaming around, how is that cow still alive ? 

I'm still trying to figure out how Silas knows Aldridge -- because she seems to know him too, and about his book.
Or how Aldridge knows the Topanga sinkhole will close in 1 day.

How will the sinkhole in Seattle help anyone already in 10,000 BC ?   It's not like the La Breans are going to walk to where modern day Seattle is located.   Though on the bright side, maybe several Starbucks will fall into the sinkhole.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Wouldn’t laying on the horn have scared off the saber toothed tiger? I would have at least tried that first.

Didn’t Lilly fall through the rift with Veronica and their kidnapper in 2021? How could she and her grown-up version, Ella, exist at the same time?

Paara and Ty make a great couple.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

How could she and her grown-up version, Ella, exist at the same time?

As long as they don’t share the same space at the same time. No touching each other.  Good thing LA is a big city. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I laughed out loud when Wolf Snack trashed the jeep to save Isaiah.

Why aren't they eating that dead sabertooth tiger ?  After all the complaints about mushrooms.

And with all the wolves, bears and sabertooth tigers roaming around, how is that cow still alive ? 

I've read that predators often have an off taste. Not that I expect them to know that. I would expect them to at least try.

Who cares if Wolf Snack saw his mom holding hands with a family friend? Not like his dad was around. Maybe she needs someone who cares.

Who is the grandfather and why does he want to stop Isaiah/Gavin from going to 1988? I would think that Eve would be invested that her son/future husband showed up at the right time. Although having one’s kids vanish might be a thought.

Where did the cow show up from and why is it branded a.

So Lily is like Isaiah and manages to be part of the 1988 timey wimey stuff. Surely some government agencies would be really interested i this.

Can’t the folks there just find the Seattle sinkhole and go back to another city?

Is Grandpa a future Gavin version?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Could anyone read what that cow was branded with?

It looked like a standard UPC tag.  Modern dairies often use them for tracking purposes.  Speaking of the cow, even a Holstein dries up after its calf has matured a bit.  Dairy cows have to be repeatedly impregnated so that they will give birth and continue lactating.  In real life, that would be the reason for tracking the cow's data.  Anyway, that means one or more things.  Either Bossie came through one of the sinkholes with calf, or about to deliver; or, she is a matured calf from 10KBC, in which case she would be feral and highly unlikely to allow Scott and Veronica to approach her.  Which means there is a bull out there, too.  Or....there is a much more advanced village out there somewhere.  The fact that no one, but no one, is remotely interested in the possibilities of other people out there is just mind-numbing.

So if all these people go back to 1988, there will be Gavin 2.0, Drug dealer 2.0, Stupid Cop 2.0, all running around with their 30+ year selves in the same country.  That does not bode well.

Eve has traded in her branded 'Run' for 'We have to keep moving.'

The producers must be having a great time scouting out locations.  A ravine! Cool!  Scenic meadows, right!  Caves! Go for it!

I did like that Veronica threw in with Scott.  She knows she's an outcast, and recognizes that Scott could use some help, and, while he's got a ways to go, is the only guy around there stumbling towards competency.

2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I would be swimming in Microsoft, Intel and Apple stocks.

And bet on the Dodgers in the World Series.  Oh, wait, someone already did that movie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mythoughtis said:
2 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

How could she and her grown-up version, Ella, exist at the same time?

As long as they don’t share the same space at the same time. No touching each other.  Good thing LA is a big city. 

I am sure Lilly spends most of her time in a cage and won't be touching anybody.

I teeter back and forth between being involved in this show and thinking it's too stupid for words.

I think the show is trying to do more than it needs to do, especially in just 10 episodes. It's not enough that people have fallen through a rift in time, there has to be weird cover-ups and conspiracies and shady characters, plus a lot of network tropes like multiple romance subplots. 

Aldrich tells Eve this info and when Eve asks how she knows all this, she replies "That's not important, you just have to trust me." Uh, that's irritating as hell, not to mention sketchy. If you want me to trust you then tell me the whole story, because clearly you're hiding something.

I am intrigued about why Isiah/Gavin and Lily/Ella lose their memories.

I think it's probably as simple as the fact that they were little and have forgotten. It might be as sinister as the government wiping their memories, but more than anything I just think it's a convenient plot device. Clearly Silas and Aldrich have traveled back and forth between worlds without losing their memories, so I don't think it's a given that has to happen. The writing on this show doesn't strike me as particularly clever so I think it's just plot convenience more than anything else.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I think the show is trying to do more than it needs to do, especially in just 10 episodes. It's not enough that people have fallen through a rift in time, there has to be weird cover-ups and conspiracies and shady characters, plus a lot of network tropes like multiple romance subplots. 

Aldrich tells Eve this info and when Eve asks how she knows all this, she replies "That's not important, you just have to trust me." Uh, that's irritating as hell, not to mention sketchy. If you want me to trust you then tell me the whole story, because clearly you're hiding something.

I think it's probably as simple as the fact that they were little and have forgotten. It might be as sinister as the government wiping their memories, but more than anything I just think it's a convenient plot device. Clearly Silas and Aldrich have traveled back and forth between worlds without losing their memories, so I don't think it's a given that has to happen. The writing on this show doesn't strike me as particularly clever so I think it's just plot convenience more than anything else.

That might make sense if they had lost their memories over time.  Even though Lily looks to be about 12, since the story they would  tell is unbelievable. 

However - they had lost their memory as soon as they were found.  So something about going into the future through the opening must be an issue.  
we do not know that Silas and Rachel have gone back and  forth between the past  and future- only that they’ve gone backwards.  Deliberate multiple  jumps. Silas went back to the early 80s to get a young Gavin and then went to 10,000 BC.  Rachel went back to develop her career to be in the right place to get dropped into this sinkhole.  

Silas
——New theory on Silas' 21st century identity: He's Veronica and Lilly's "father," aka "Aaron,"
————who Veronica quotes as having told her that "God has a plan for us."
(Although the actor seems to convey that Isaiah really is his grandson. So IDK.)
————But Silas does seem to have a cult following in 10K B.C. or whenever
————which would fit with his 21st century profile of taking Veronica and Lilly to help them because it's god's purpose blah blah blah.

Veronica
——I'm wondering if Veronica's character was rewritten to have this redemption arc, of if this was always the plan?

Wolf Snack/Josh
——Speaking of questionable character development: Do the writers and casting agents realize how unlikeable Wolf Snack is? 

Rebecca Aldridge
——who is maybe another version of Lilly or is somehow related to Lilly? they both have the map and look ethnically similar
——tells the show's La Brea 2021 sky people campers that "Time is a Circle." 
——which is so close to quoting True Detective's Rust Cohle's Nietzschean "Time is a flat circle," which I'm not sure means anything in any time.

9 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Eve has traded in her branded 'Run' for 'We have to keep moving.'

Maybe Eve's catch phrases of "Run!" and now "We have to keep moving" [and "We have to talk"] are subliminal messages from the writers in an attempt to get the viewers to not worry about the huge burdens we are asked to bear in our tacit agreement to suspend our disbelief while watching this crazy-pants scifi construct. 
Like, WRT the memory wipes, my Occam's razor theory (which I think was also suggested by another poster upthread) is that even if the mind wiping seems now to only happens when going to the future, Eve's "We have to keep moving" might be a clue that it's something else that the writers couldn't figure out how to foreshadow.

When little Isaiah/Gavin questions Eve about his having to leave his home, I can't help thinking it's a good thing he won't remember the ecologically pristine past when first inhales LA smog. 

ETA: "We have to talk" courtesy of @Rickster:

2 minutes ago, Rickster said:

I thought the drinking game phrase in this show (at least as of a couple of episodes ago) was “we have to talk”.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Maybe Eve's catch phrases of "Run!" and now "We have to keep moving" are subliminal messages from the writers in an attempt to get the viewers to not worry about the huge burdens we are asked to bear in our tacit agreement to suspend our disbelief while watching this crazy-pants scifi construct. 

I thought the drinking game phrase in this show (at least as of a couple of episodes ago) was “we have to talk”.

• Love 1

Keep the whole mind wipe when jumping into the future theory in the back of your mind. While it is my current assumption too, I just thought of this:  At some point this series will end.  Given that the writers know ahead of time, they will manage to get  everyone back to 2021.  Will they have  their memories intact?  
This never ending goofiness ( making it up as we go along) is what caused me to end up disappointed in Lost. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Keep the whole mind wipe when jumping into the future theory in the back of your mind. While it is my current assumption too, I just thought of this:  At some point this series will end.  Given that the writers know ahead of time, they will manage to get  everyone back to 2021.  Will they have  their memories intact?  
This never ending goofiness is what caused me to end up disappointed in Lost. 

I am an outlier who liked the end of Lost, and I think if the writers plan to use traveling to the future mind wipes to neatly tie of the series finale, well, kudos at least for laying the ground work this early.
But I respect that most do not like that story telling tool.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Wouldn’t laying on the horn have scared off the saber toothed tiger? I would have at least tried that first.

Didn’t Lilly fall through the rift with Veronica and their kidnapper in 2021? How could she and her grown-up version, Ella, exist at the same time?

This show hasn't made any rules against people existing twice in one timeline.

7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

They both seem 12-ish, which is old enough to remember. And they said a couple weeks ago that when they were found in 1988 they had zero memories of their life before then. 12 year olds don't just forget their entire lives in one day.

It makes sense that Isaiah/Gavin would lie to not sound crazy about being from the past. But Lily could have just said how she'd been kidnapped and just escaped. They would have returned her to her birth parents. It makes no sense that she'd escape from 10,000 BC and then not tell anyone who she really was.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Bigger issue is that Wolf Snack/Josh was not wearing a seatbelt.
In any timeline he would have likely gone through the windshield.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

I am an outlier who liked the end of Lost,

I didn’t mind the actual ending episode.   The last season was odd until we got to that last  episode and I figured out the meaning of that season.  
It was the last couple of seasons before that- the Daniel Faraday stuff, the bomb, the temple episode which came out of nowhere and was just a plot device to kill off a character- that’s what I meant by goofiness. And I intensely disliked Jacob and his brother.  It was as if they had 20 explanations for the islands oddness and used them all. 

this mind wipe needs to be explained. Otherwise they have to wipe out a lifetime of memories ( not just the 10,000 BC ones) from every single person going back to their own time period to be consistent. 

Lily knew she was kidnapped and had memories of her actual parents - those memories disappeared too.  Isiah ( if his birth name at all) might have been too young to retain memories of his pre 10,000 BC life. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

15 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Paara and Ty make a great couple.

I see what your saying.  Lilly fell through the sinkhole in 2021.  Therefore child lily and adult lily were both living in 2021 at the same time how?  If she went through the portal in the 80s how is she a child AND adult in 2021.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Is it just me or was this mostly filler?

Yeah, the dinosaur ad was actually in the tv listings that I read, the network actually had it listed for either 3 or 4 minutes, I think, and the show didn't officially end til 10:02, so I guess we didn't lose any time ( not that it really matters that much given how dumb this show is : )  )

So I can't figure out who "Grandfather" is suppose to be ? I started thinking maybe it's Levi- if 'little' Gavin never goes to 1988, then Eve never meets Gavin and then he can go back & get her for himself. But then I thought that is really complicated for this show, so that's probably not it. Maybe he is actually Gavin's real grandfather & for whatever reason, he doesn't want Josh & Izzy to be born ? That might make more sense. But it's all speculation for now. Although, I kind of want to see what happens if the kid doesn't make the trip to 1988 ! Will the kids really disappear ? To be honest, I wish Josh would disappear, he's awfully annoying. Izzy is alright, she can hang around ;) 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

But Lily could have just said how she'd been kidnapped and just escaped. They would have returned her to her birth parents. It makes no sense that she'd escape from 10,000 BC and then not tell anyone who she really was.

Considering her parents couldn't have been much more than teenagers in 1988 and possibly younger, I can see why she wouldn't tell anyone.  I wonder if it was more of repression of the memories on their part rather than any kind of external mind wipe.  Kind of a coping mechanism for kids traveling through time, rather than adults who are (presumably) more psychologically secure and can deal with time travel.

5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Bigger issue is that Wolf Snack/Josh was not wearing a seatbelt.
In any timeline he would have likely gone through the windshield.

I'm more curious how he managed to hit the sabertooth with enough force to make the wheel fly off the front of that jeep.  On another note: quite killing sabertooth cats!  They're my favorite non-dinosaur prehistoric animal.

• Love 1

It's incredible how long and drawn out this season is . It honestly feels like the story line has no momentum to go forward.. hell it's the end of the first season and bla ...Terra nova was so much better it just came out at the wrong time...it got put in the shadows of game of throws and the walking dead... but really there is nothing that is stopping la brea and it still isn't good

• Love 1

Silas is Jacob, from LOST, doing a crossover. Hey, it could happen, right?
Silas is a retired Jack Bauer. Where Chloe at? Silas needs her to open a socket to the future.
Silas is Palpatine, who fell down that chute in ROTJ (which was actually a portal) and was transported here. Oddly, he too has suffered memory issues and has yet to remember anything about The Force or his plan to rule the galaxy. Pray for his continued ignorance.
NMSSIS (Never Mind, Stupid Show Is Stupid).

Edited by Eindestand
Spirits
  • LOL 1

I suppose they should be glad they're getting a second season, as there is absolutely no attempt to tie up the many many loose threads introduced in this show.  That is where the Lost comparison comes in for me.  Introduce a wacky thing, then just drop it never to be mentioned again.  The Civil War chest of gold.  The electrocuted guy.  Will we ever see the cow again?

In addition to finding it crazy (as others have) that people seem very disinterested in finding the other villages, I think it's also really weird that the Village People really have no interest in the Sky People.  Not even an interest in their stuff, which you think would come in handy in 10kBC.  Think about all the stuff that could be salvaged from all the cars.  Tools, all that metal from the cars that could be turned into farming equipment or weapons.  Fuel.  I get that they don't want to be friends, but not even raiding their camp is just weird. 

I think that Silas is old man Gavin.  My theory is that 30+ years from now, Gavin purposely goes through a sinkhole to get back to 10kBC, and is there for a few years until the 2021 crew shows up.  I also wouldn't be surprised if Rebecca is Gavin's mother.  (Don't ask, it's all timey wimey stuff.)  I still think 10kBC has some magical healing powers, as everyone that has been gored, crushed, stabbed, etc., has healed incredibly quickly. 

Of course, keeping in line with Lost, we'll get to the end of this show to find they're all dead. 

• Love 3

One of the issues with Lost was that it went on for too long.  The writers only wanted three or four seasons, but the network wouldn't allow that.  They finally settled on six seasons, but it was just too much time to tell that story and they had to add a lot of stuff they didn't need to.  Of course the writing could have been tightened up as well, but that extra two or three seasons of filler was not good for the show. 

On the flip side, The Good Place was only four seasons and it ended on a high note.  Some stories are just better told when not dragged out, and I think fantasy and sci-fy are in this category.  But networks want their hit shows to go on for 10 years or so, and they don't care much about quality at all.  I'm hoping that the need to keep this show under four or five seasons is recognized or there will be nowhere else interesting to go.  I told my husband after the second episode that this would make a good mini-series.  If it gets too in the weeds it will get cancelled and we will not get a proper wrap up. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lugal said:

Considering her parents couldn't have been much more than teenagers in 1988 and possibly younger, I can see why she wouldn't tell anyone.  I wonder if it was more of repression of the memories on their part rather than any kind of external mind wipe.  Kind of a coping mechanism for kids traveling through time, rather than adults who are (presumably) more psychologically secure and can deal with time travel.

Oh right, I forgot about the 1988 part. So she would have reason to lie, but I still think she'd remember. The fact that a new sinkhole made them both remember makes me think something supernatural is involved.

When I turned over to this show I thought WOW, they really upped the budget for the CGI dinosaurs. They looked great and I was really pumped for this episode, thinking a drive-in movie fell through the sinkhole. I was all in on this episode ... then it turned out to be a commercial for Jurassic Park.

Psych. 

I'm really getting stretched thin about liking this show. I understand this type of show is the big deal right now, but it's just so full of ... well, bogus stuff. I guess writers can write anything when everything is just made up with no rules.

Since the cow is a modern Holstein, it had to have fallen through some sinkhole but I doubt there is a dairy in downtown LA. And that cow, while it had an udder, didn't have any milk, and cows need to have a calf before they produce milk. But then again, it doesn't matter in this universe, I'm sure it will produce hundreds of gallons of milk every day from its dry udder. And Stoner, cheese doesn't just happen, it has to be made using ingredients you guys don't have. Can't make cheese with milk and mushrooms.

And the cow had a bar code painted on its hair? Hair that it sheds so the bar code will come off after shedding or a few brushings. Animals are tracked/registered by microchips, not spray-painted bar codes, vets and farms have microchip readers to track/record animals. But then again, it doesn't matter in this made-up universe. It's irritating though.

I'm waiting for everyone to walk from LA to Seattle in an afternoon to catch tomorrow's sinkhole happening.

People hit cows, horses, deer, moose, elk with lesser vehicles than that Jeep yet they never lose a tire over it, the worst is the front end gets smashed in or a fender gets dented. But then again ... this show.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, PBnJay said:

And the cow had a bar code painted on its hair? Hair that it sheds so the bar code will come off after shedding or a few brushings. Animals are tracked/registered by microchips, not spray-painted bar codes, vets and farms have microchip readers to track/record animals. But then again, it doesn't matter in this made-up universe.

The cow is clearly from 100 years in the future where bar codes are more do-able. 

Jeez do I have to write this show myself? ;)

• LOL 4

At this stage the job of the writers is not to anticipate the end but to establish enough content to last multiple seasons. It's only when they reach a fourth or fifth season they might start to think about how to wind things up. So all I'm seeing now is layering mystery upon mystery upon mystery, not leaving breadcrumbs to go back and follow later. 

The writing is, frankly, just not that good. I have no reason to think the writers have this all planned out to the very end. I don't have any confidence they really know why Isaiah and Lily would have lost their memories traveling to 1988. It's just a way to make the "whaaaaaaaaaa?" moment - the revelations that Isaiah = Gavin and Lily = Ella - work. Because if they knew that all along, we wouldn't have that "whaaaaaaa?" moment. 

When I see evidence the writing is really prescient and brilliant, maybe I'll change that opinion. I have yet to see it though.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, erikaelvis said:

I see what your saying.  Lilly fell through the sinkhole in 2021.  Therefore child lily and adult lily were both living in 2021 at the same time how?  If she went through the portal in the 80s how is she a child AND adult in 2021.

Yep, that was my point. Time travel stuff sometimes makes my brain go 🤯.

• Love 1

At this point I wouldn't mind if Josh disappears and Isiah doesn't make it to 1988. Josh got all pissy that Eve and Levi were together? He hates his father and said he abandoned them and they're divorcing. I prefer Eve and Levi together. 

So Lily was an adult in 2021 and a kidnapped child in 2021? What? This makes no sense. I think this show is trying to throw in too many questions in not enough episodes. Lost seasons were 22 episodes a season, this isn't the same.

If who ever goes back were smart, I'd go back to 1988 and grab Google, Apple, Tesla, Amazon and Microsoft stock asap. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

So Lily was an adult in 2021 and a kidnapped child in 2021? What? This makes no sense.

Sure it does. Child Lily is kidnapped and then falls through the sinkhole in 2021. She then travels to 1988 and is renamed Ella, who is an adult in 2021.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, PBnJay said:

People hit cows, horses, deer, moose, elk with lesser vehicles than that Jeep yet they never lose a tire over it, the worst is the front end gets smashed in or a fender gets dented. But then again ... this show.

10 hours ago, Lugal said:

I'm more curious how he managed to hit the sabertooth with enough force to make the wheel fly off the front of that jeep. 

Actually, the tire coming off the Jeep after T-Boning a Sabertooth Cat seemed reasonable to me. My daughter’s piano teacher had a cougar run into her smaller car in the mountains of Northern California and the car was totaled. 
When she told the insurance agent a cougar had run into her car, his first response was:   
   Did you get the license number?
True story.
She had to show him the fur on the wheel as proof. 

• LOL 2
12 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

My daughter’s piano teacher had a cougar run into her smaller car in the mountains of Northern California and the car was totaled. 

Yeah, but I'll bet none of the wheels came off. And Jeeps with winches on the front are built differently than small passenger cars.

The writers on this show could be some from The Blacklist, where no episode makes sense if you remembered an earlier episode or season. Watching that show is like Seinfeld's Bizarro World, and I think La Brea is part of Bizarro World writing. I don't have any hope of anything making sense. I just wish they could borrow some of Jurassic Park's CGI artists to liven things up. That galloping tiger was lame.

Plus, predators stalking their prey make no sounds at all, no footfalls much less growls. But then again, this show.

WolfSnack Josh needs to go. I can't stand him. Is there a way to get Isaiah to delay going through the mountaintop light just long enough to get rid of Josh but keep Izzy? She doesn't bother me.

Ty is a psychiatrist, which means he's a medical doctor. Even if his specialty is psychiatry, he should be assisting more with the medical issues on the show. But since they're not addressing that part of his training, he'd at least be a great person for Doctor Navy Seal to talk to about his anxiety and his withdrawal from anxiety meds. Let's see if that happens. If not, it's time for Dr. Scott's Neverending Magic Vape Pen.

Speaking of Ty, I was hoping the show had soap-opera dropped his terminal illness, but no we had to be reminded of it. There's still time for there to be a magical 10,000 BC cure though!

Damn it, now I'm starting to feel sorry for Veronica. Scott being like "nope, don't need your cow-searching help!" had me chuckling.

Scott please explain how you're going to get milk from one random cow who is not pregnant. Time for steak!

Why the hell did Eve abandon Isaiah to "save her son" or whatever she said when she has to make sure that Isaiah goes through the mountaintop light in order for her son to even exist?

I am so over Dr. Puffer Vest and her cryptic bullshit. Just answer the question!

• Love 4