Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: Mike's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Mike was born with a talent for sports -- and an omnivorous appetite to match. After his football dreams were dashed by multiple concussions, he packed on over 700 pounds. Now he must find a new purpose in life to avoid succumbing to pain and regret.

Original air date 2021.11.24

Happy Thanksgiving, Pounders!  Enjoy your meal and stay safe!

I'm going to be a little late with my snarky comments tonight because I'm chowing down on a Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, small fries, and mixed vegetables.

• Love 10

Hello Pounder pals! Is everyone ready for a fun filled holiday? I just picked up our dinner from my favorite restaurant and I'll be up early to bake the rolls and a cake tomorrow. 

Eating habit? Two pieces of that high protein, low calorie bread that's mostly seeds and twigs, with a little peanut butter, and two squares of Dove chocolate. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 7

Hi everyone! I missed you last week!

Tonight's eating habit was pizza (half peppers & onions, half plain), after I ran out to get milk (big mistake; should have done it on my way home last night). When I was leaving for the store I decided to order a drink on the Starbucks app and realized I had enough stars for a free drink so I got a hot chocolate with caramel drizzle. Snack will be popcorn...deciding between butter and kettle corn.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

I'm going to be a little late with my snarky comments tonight because I'm chowing down on a Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger, small fries, and mixed vegetables.

Hmm. I'm pretty sure dat is not on de program.

• LOL 12

Happy Thanksgiving eve!  I am thankful to be chatting with you guys again, my first live chat of the season!

Eating habit tonight:  2 small crabcakes, a broiled plantain and some roasted asparagus.  I may also get started on the apple pie later tonight, since I will be celebrating by myself tomorrow - who cares if I cut into the pie tonight instead of waiting for tomorrow? 

• Love 9

Mike is a tall one, 6' 5", he's 37, from Marion OH. 

What a sad life he has now. 

His food order is so many empty calories.   That breakfast in huge. 

102 by 6 years old, over 200 by 11, 275 by 16, 315 by 18, 

Concussions twice in one year, that's bad.  The long term injuries from football worry me.   

He's still upset about football, and depressed, and it's been almost 20 years.   530 lbs., and went to inpatient therapy in Chicago for depression, and weight loss down back to 530 (his high was about 610).   Then he got divorced by the wife.  If his kids were everything to him, then why did he quit on them?  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
Just now, Eldemarge said:

If my son thought he'd move into my basement to play video games and stuff Denny's into his face all day long, I'd put a quick stop to that.  Who is enabling this??

Behind every great poundticipant  there is a great enabler! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
Just now, babyhouseman said:

The Lumberjack slam pack. Does a lumberjack come with it?

Dunno. But you'd think a lumberjack slam pack would be enough food for anyone.

All of this COVID-related food delivery is going to be the undoing of a lot of people. It's kind of sad to see, actually. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Hello! How y'all doing? My eating habit tonight was a beef burrito and a taco.

I'd like you all to meet our newest addition, Freddie Mercury! He's 7 months old and just as precious as he can be!

Welcome to the forum, lovely Freddie!

• Love 1

hello everyone!!

Eating habit--flounder, mac n cheese, tomatoes and 4 toll house cookies.

Son and DIL were supposed to arrive tomorrow, but were tired from being on the road for nearly 2 weeks straight including being here a few days last week when Mr Twopper came home from hospital.

He is on the mend.  I think mentally he is still processing it.  The stroke was in the area that affects speech, but he is speaking fine now.  He was a bit week from 3 days in a hospital bed, but I think the physical therapy that he was already doing is helping.   We have a lot to be thankful for.

We will defer turkey until Friday.  Tomorrow I think we will have taco soup for lunch with cornbread.  And dinner is left over ham with left over macaroni.

Now to turn on the show.

• Love 14