Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Julian's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Jesus, I hope that is not a metaphor 

Nope, he said they left it with the trailer.

2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

This nurse looks like she has a church bulletin in her purse, a husband who is active in the Kawanis club, and a killer recipe for Waldorf salad.

She actually reminds me of a family friend from when I was a kid. (Who we knew through church...though the daughter and I went to first grade together before they moved.)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

He had been putting a foot on a step, then holding on and bringing the second foot up to the same step as the first, and repeating. It's the way small children climb stairs because their legs are too short to do it any other way

After my knee replacement, it was weeks before I could climb stairs like an adult. 

• Love 5

Nobody asked but I'm trying this new thing at night where I set a 20 min. timer after I eat dinner because I tended to just...keep eating, thinking I was still hungry.  So now, I sit here with the timer and don't eat for 20 min and after it beeps, if I'm still hungry, fine.  A bit more food.  Most of the time, though, I realize that I'm okay and I'm good with some tea or something.  I had a "eat all the cookies" at bedtime thing going on and I was getting concerned.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Wayment??!?!?  What the actually fuck.

How is he getting surgery...and with 8minutes left of the episode?  Eliminate the first hour and give us more.  This is bullshit.

Dr. Now won't even have time to fondle his 20pound stomach that was removed!!

Edited by umgoblue
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
Just now, Eldemarge said:

Nobody asked but I'm trying this new thing at night where I set a 20 min. timer after I eat dinner because I tended to just...keep eating, thinking I was still hungry.  So now, I sit here with the timer and don't eat for 20 min and after it beeps, if I'm still hungry, fine.  A bit more food.  Most of the time, though, I realize that I'm okay and I'm good with some tea or something.  I had a "eat all the cookies" at bedtime thing going on and I was getting concerned.

That's great!

• Love 3

How is he getting surgery...and with 8minutes left of the episode?  Eliminate the first hour and give us more.  This is bullshit.

Tune in next week for the exciting conclusion of Julian's Story! Same Fat time, same Fat Channel!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Was Chrystal from near San Diego the one with the roaches in the apartment?

So he's in the 600's, and getting surgery.    (I missed his current weight).  Irma looks so much better now.    With his gastric surgery, he needs his hernia fixed first, then the WLS, and Dr. Now is using the Da Vinci robot assist again.  

Was Irma napping?   She looks very sleepy.  

So the hernia fix was done, the gastric sleeve is done.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

After my knee replacement, it was weeks before I could climb stairs like an adult. 

I do it that way going downward because knee surgery when I was 18 messed up my stability. I'm fine, I bike like a  fiend, I just have a wobbly knee.

Just now, Suzywriter said:

The D-Con commercial is hilarious!! I like mice, and I'm still laughing out loud.

I was cat-sitting once and the boy kept stalking something in the walls. I mentioned it to my mom when she called to let me know they had gotten to their destination and she was like, "oh, yeah, daddy saw a mouse this morning."

• Love 3

Did I miss something? What happened with his father-in-law?

He died. I don't think we know how.

What these fools never seem to realize is that dieting and losing weight means you're going to be hungry sometimes.

Well yeah - but being hungry is unpleasant. I can understand that it's hard to feel hunger and not eat.

I was at the dr a month ago and again yesterday and I lost 7 pounds from a combo of stress, physical exertion and not having time to eat. I think that's more normal than gaining 80 pounds 

I feel like I hear more about people stress eating and gaining weight (though not 80 pounds in a month) than I do about people losing weight from stress but everyone is different. I eat when I'm stressed but completely lose my appetite when I'm depressed.

• Useful 1
5 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

Good for you.

Once in a blue moon I have that eat-all-the-cookies-in-the-bag sichasshun and it makes for next day guilt.

• Love 3

He's down to 639.    That's good progress.    191 lbs down.   Sorry but at over 600 lbs., he's not that mobile.  

I don't think most of the poundticipants really enjoy food, they bolt it down so quickly, and so much is quantity over quality, and tasteless. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

The D-Con commercial is hilarious!! I like mice, and I'm still laughing out loud.

The thuds do me in every time.

15 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

I started just really watching the portions. Protein no bigger than the palm of my hand. Salad, vegetables, no rice, few potatoes, little bread. Small bites, eat slower, put the fork down between bites. And I do allow myself a few small pieces of chocolate (170 calories) after supper. Seems to be working!

14 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

What sort of "power-outage, use up everything in the fridge!" recipe is that?

Its from the "Waldorf salad" episode of Fawlty Towers. For a while my boss was into Waldorf salad I'd yell "celery, walnuts, apples, grapes!" when I brought it in to her office, and she always laughed like a hyena. My MIT peeps were my PEOPLE. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Love 1

I'm sad we don't get to see Julian lookin' all cool at 220 lbs!

This eyeshadow on Irma reminds me of being in Basic Training and the girls were finally allowed to get into their makeup for photos and they SLATHERED it on with the bright eye shadows and bright pink lips.  Everyone looked crazy and you couldn't recognize anyone.  I just spent the whole time plucking my eyebrows.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4