Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Julian's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I don’t…I don’t understand this? Why can’t they call for a tow or a van rental company or again triple A?

These people are generationally poor; I suspect that the requirements for renting are unmet. Usually, a credit card and bank account are needed, as well as room on the card for a security deposit. 

• Love 6

So let me get this straight.  He gets approval to move to Houston because he lost the weight.  He gains nearly all of it back in the process in relocating to Houston.

DID DR. NOW SAY 100 pounds in TWO weeks just now?

• Love 2
Just now, umgoblue said:

So let me get this straight.  He gets approval to move to Houston because he lost the weight.  He gains nearly all of it back in the process in relocating to Houston.

DID DR. NOW SAY 100 pounds in TWO weeks just now?

2 munts.

• LOL 6

Just a fucking waste. Stupid. He could be down another 100 pounds by now, but chicken and biscuits and gravy and pork rinds were more important. Now he has to go back to the beginning. Dumbass. And Irma is so passive. She takes no responsibility at all. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
Just now, Eldemarge said:

I hate when they come in and say they're "stressed" and that's why they gained weight.  We ALL get stressed and we're not putting on 80 lbs.  They all have the same excuse.

The Poundticipants are a group unto themselves.  Most people would start freaking out before the 300 pound mark.  I know that I did the scared dance and screamed my head off when the scales got over 200.  Lost the extra weight over a period of years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Did somebody say they were in the desert? Maybe he ate the Coyote and Road Runner.

Tucson to Houston is all desert until you get more than half way through Texas.   But there are some really great places to eat on the way too, unfortunately. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, 7EasyPayments said:

These people are delusional.

Do they think if they achieve a 'normal' weight there will be no more stress in their lives?

This is the millionth time it has been said on 600lb.

Script:  Copy/Paste

• Love 4
Just now, MsVixen said:

The Poundticipants are a group unto themselves.  Most people would start freaking out before the 300 pound mark.  I know that I did the scared dance and screamed my head off when the scales got over 200.  Lost the extra weight over a period of years.

We just sold our house and moved. It has been. Ungodly stressful for the last 2 months. I was at the dr a month ago and again yesterday and I lost 7 pounds from a combo of stress, physical exertion and not having time to eat. I think that's more normal than gaining 80 pounds 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

These people are generationally poor; I suspect that the requirements for renting are unmet. Usually, a credit card and bank account are needed, as well as room on the card for a security deposit. 

I get the cost aspect and I missed the beginning but I think they both have fairly stable incomes. If they are taking on the expense of a big move then what is another 200 bucks if they don’t end up losing expensive freezers etc

• Love 2

Julian: We are doing this as a team, as he is exercising.

Wifey:  sitting on the couch next to his exercising ass, reading a book.

She is sooooo helpful.

image.png.9ed12c8b46c8471a46a40dce56bda91f.png

At least someone is reading!!!

Edited by umgoblue
My Glass Half Full Moment!!
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, DropTheSoap said:

I would say Irma’s done, but I’m pretty sure she never really started.
I’m re-evaluating my former assessment that she’s a positive. She’s going to passive-aggressively watch him fail. 

Yup, Irma's just watching not participating in exercise,she doesn't look any smaller.  

He can fit behind the steering wheel...fingers crossed.

• Love 7

I think he means one leg at a time, instead of putting both feet on a step, and going up slowly.    Do they even season anything?

Month 10, and he's driving himself.   It took Irma two months to find a job?   I'm guessing he doesn't have a driver's license or insurance?    

Month 1-830, Month 5 714, Month 8 792 and 

Month 10 705-down 87 lbs.        Approved for weight loss surgery in 1 month, if he loses another 30 lbs. 

Notice Dr. Now no longer shakes hands, or gets within 10 feet of patients and their enablers. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, sagittarius sue said:

He's probably referring to having both legs on the same step instead of one per step.

He is talking about what is called 'step over step'. 

He had been putting a foot on a step, then holding on and bringing the second foot up to the same step as the first, and repeating. It's the way small children climb stairs because their legs are too short to do it any other way. 

Step over step is foot on one step, second foot goes to the step above the first foot. First foot then goes to step above second foot. Repeat.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

What these fools never seem to realize is that dieting and losing weight means you're going to be hungry sometimes. You are not going to be stuffed all the time!

I'm still struggling with that. 

• Love 8