Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E02: Julian's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Finally!!!!!  I am off the phone...first time I am hearing his voice. DID NOT EXPECT what I am hearing.

And he combed his hair!!!

ETA:  How many times have I told asked my mom not to call me during M600PL (in the most respective way, of course)?!

Edited by umgoblue
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I live in Florida and no one is abiding by mask requirements. Only one dr office i have visited enforces it. The other doesn't 

I work for a College. I can’t go on campus unless I am fully vaxxed and have my validation card. 

• Love 3
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

I work for a College. I can’t go on campus unless I am fully vaxxed and have my validation card. 

I just retired from a university. Yes on campus but I was at a mall today and a doctor yesterday and masks were few and far between 

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Sorry I will miss everyone tonight.  I just brought Mr TWopper home from the hospital.  He had a mild stroke on Monday morning.   It is nearly 9 and we are starving so I am going to warm up some soup and a baguette.   Prayers and/or good thoughts will be appreciated.

Sending lots of positive thoughts and healing vibes to you and Mr. Twopper! I hope he mends quickly and completely and that you both get a good night's rest! Hugs!

8 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Pork rinds, oranges, grapes.....WILL IT NEVER END??? 😢

Don't forget the yogurt and the sugar free jam. 

7 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Is "blaming the scale" on the new Bingo card?

I think the square is "questions the accuracy of the scale". I'll look around and post them soon!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Really ? Wow I thought they were super calorie dense! 

Apparently not. I just went back and looked at several brands sold by Walmart. I'd think the bigger concern would be the sodium. Plenty of that to go around, especially if you eat a whole bag!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

OH thank god, I am so happy he was able to lose some serious weight!  I wonder if Irma is losing too?  Or secretly snarfing Little Debbies in the bathroom...

From the looks of it, I'm guessing she & Debbie are on a first named basis still.

Edited by String Theory
  • LOL 4
14 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

Texas person checking in:  I still need to wear one to physical therapy and the dermatologist, so right now if a place is vaguely medical, they won't let you in w/o a mask.  At least in my experience (I'm in San Antonio).  Other places like the stores, half of us wear a mask and it's encouraged if you are not vaccinated, but not required.  Yes, we're on the honor system and nobody is checking vax cards like in Canada!

Every medical office I've been to requires them (it was even mentioned in the reminder text for my appointment today). A lot of places have some kind of sign at least encouraging them, though Starbucks near the doc's office says they're optional if you're vaccinated. (Granted, I don't go a lot of places these days.) Wegmans has a sign that asks people to wear them though it does not say they're required. Most people do, it seems.

We have to wear them at work if we're not at our desks or eating. (We didn't for a while over the summer but then cases started to go up in NJ again and they went to "strongly recommended" for a few weeks before going back to "required" again.)

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Where are all the functioning scales?

I went to my first "live" wellness exam since the before times. They had a digital scale. "Stand there until it beeps" took about 3 seconds. I hope that it was functioning because I was 10 lbs lighter than the before times 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I just retired from a university. Yes on campus but I was at a mall today and a doctor yesterday and masks were few and far between 

Such differences everywhere. I was at our university dental school and everyone was masked up. You have to have masks on the public bus and the campus system. But, it seemed to be a toss up as to whether people had them on outside. 

Then, they sent me an email saying I should report if I got COVID symptoms w/n 2 days of my appointment. They ain't playing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Lol my doctor kept the door locked and only let me in once I answered the screening questions and of course had a mask on. Restaurants are at full capacity but you must provide proof of vaccination and wear a mask when not seating. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Lol my doctor kept the door locked and only let me in once I answered the screening questions and of course had a mask on. Restaurants are at full capacity but you must provide proof of vaccination and wear a mask when not seating. 

We still have mask mandate in place in my city. Outside you don't need to wear one but inside any business, yes. 

• Love 2

The vultures are circling the wagon trailer.

Licking lips: About a week's worth of food on the side of the road.

(And I don't mean the food they packed for the trip)

Edited by umgoblue
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Uh oh, I feel a panic attack coming on......broken axle, no cell service, so much for that comfy minivan ride.   

It's pretty sad that the Producers feel it's necessary to make up drama for the show.  You know they could get help arranged ASAP for them.

• Love 4

I think Texas didn’t mandate masks? I’m Canadian so I have so idea but everyone still wears them in my city. 

Most of the first half of the episode was filmed in Tucson, where Julian lives.

As heavy as these people are, why do they always travel cross country in the worst, most poorly-maintained, vehicles available? It's like they're begging for an accident.

For the most part, the people on the show seem to be pretty low income. I don't think they can afford newer/better cars.

• Love 5