Type keyword(s) to search

Lawson and Tiffany: Warbling His Way Into Her Heart

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, cereality said:

Just shows what you become when you marry into this mess of a family. Suddenly Tiff is all about keeping sweet and making this meme mocking herself bc she doesn't want Law to be upset with her in any way . . . OMG what if he stops loving me [uh sweetie he doesn't love you anyway].

Yet if she was in the real world, married to a regular man, and SHE had come into the marriage with 2 income properties and the down payment on their home and the husband even joked about her being an "expense" - I feel like she'd have no problem reminding him that HER monthly rental income pays their bills on the house SHE put up the down payment for and HER parents co-signed for.

But now . . . on no keep sweet, gotta suck the man's dick by making him feel like HE is the one working soooo hard to pay their way.

He's done this before too. One time sitting at Target while she was shopping being all like - how much damage is she gonna do to MY wallet here . . . . However it was early on in her marriage and she had some views that it'd be a normal marriage, not a keeping sweet marriage with a man who barely likes you - bc she rolled her eyes right there on camera for all to see.

That deserves a kick in the junk

• Like 8

Wow, for a half a second I thought it was Tiff getting the comfort, lol.

Not only is this misogynistic, its an outright lie.

Hey Lawson, this bullshit is only shining the light on the fact you are NOT the bread winner. 👀

• Like 7
  • Applause 7

Wow, Lawson, you asshole. Your the unemployed loser who is the expense not your wife. Why? Because it's her money, not yours. She earned it by actually working. You didn't. If Tiffany had her own mind she would have had a remark on that one. Tiffany, please wake up and leave him. You can do so much better.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

Maybe he (they) shouldn't be traveling every two weeks is he is so worried about bills and money.

That meme was just awful.  Should have been an embarrassment for Tiff.   This is exactly how Jimboob gains his power over MEchille.  Makes her think she is less than (or they have problems) because she had some dating "baggage" when she came into the relationship.  He hangs that over her all the time and she believes it.  He admits to nothing but being perfect.  Makes me sick.  

Edited by ranchgirl
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4
23 hours ago, ranchgirl said:

Maybe he (they) shouldn't be traveling every two weeks is he is so worried about bills and money.

That meme was just awful.  Should have been an embarrassment for Tiff.   This is exactly how Jimboob gains his power over MEchille.  Makes her think she is less than (or they have problems) because she had some dating "baggage" when she came into the relationship.  He hangs that over her all the time and she believes it.  He admits to nothing but being perfect.  Makes me sick.  

He was brought up with it. In early news magazine footage of the Bates, Carlin and Tori talk about how "daddy earns the money and mommy spends it." They (Gil and Kelly) claim sent Lawson, who they borrowed money from to survive, shopping because the girls would spend too much or in one case Michaela didn't like shopping. 

Edited by RebeccatheWriter
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

He was brought up with it. In early news magazine footage of the Bates, Carlin and Tori talk about how "daddy earns the money and mommy spends it." They (Gil and Kelly) claim that Lawson, who they borrowed money from to survive, sent Lawson shopping because the girls would spend too much or in one case Michaela didn't like shopping. 

Yeah his parents "borrowed" money from Lawson and one of his sisters I think Erin borrowed money for college. Borrowed in quotes for Gil and Kelly because they've never mentioned ever paying Lawson back. I doubt they ever did. His siblings teased him in the early seasons because he had so many pairs of shoes/cowboy boots. Which I don't have a problem with it was his money he can spend it on whatever he wanted. But he hasn't had a job in years Tiffany's the one supporting them with the money she earned. He does nothing all day but spend all her money on himself and once in a blue moon spends her money on his "music career". He does nothing to pull his own weight in his marriage. And jokes that Tiffany's the expense.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
3 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

If they do split up at least her parents will be supportive. I have a feeling they weren’t thrilled with their son-in-law to begin with.

Would (collective) YOU be thrilled if your daughter married some guy with no job or discernible income?

• Like 10

So 18 months of marriage and Tiff has an IG pic re how marriage is an instrument of sanctification? So in 1-2 years Law has either failed her, been difficult with her, sinned against her, and/or isn't only deserving of good things - per the write-up posted. So it's going well then . . . .

Run Tiff. If this is how you're feeling in the newlywed years, how do you expect it to be 50-60 years from now??

They come across as nothing but platonic travel buddies. Seems like she wants a marriage - complete with chemistry etc. Seems like he simply does not love her like that and IMO maybe just doesn't love women like that but may not even realize that himself. So I think he views her as someone there to cook, clean, clean his mother's house, keep him company, travel with, birth and raise his kids.

I do wonder if the kid issue is becoming a thing. I mean Law married at almost 30. In this family everyone has several kids before 30 and even though he married later, 18 months in his wife isn't even pregnant. For all his faults, he does seem to genuinely love kids and seems like he goes out of the way visiting and paying attention to nieces and nephews rather than just treating them like his 65th niece/nephew. He def sounds like he wants kids as he drops hints. They put some bench in their yard and were sitting on it and randomly he goes - well could be 3 of us on this bench a year from now, you never know.

If Tiff is having trouble getting or staying pregnant, that's going to be a problem for him. I don't see him like a Brandon who would just be like - kids shrug take them or leave them; I mean Brandon seems to like kids too but he also seems like he can get his fill from being an uncle or teaching sunday school or whatever and then just live a quiet life with his wife. If Tiff is holding off on kids/taking BC bc she just isn't sure about the marriage - whether she's telling him that or not - I suspect that's already becoming a problem for them 18 months in.

• Like 5
  • Useful 6

At their ages, I think it's usually 12 months.  Testing might be done earlier if there is reason to suspect a particular problem.  As one of my OBs once said it never hurts to have a general checkup either before trying to conceive or within six months so things like bloodwork, weight, etc., can be done or discussed and if something like anemia shows up it can be treated.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I assume she's had checkups if it's been 18 months or 12 months or whatever of trying to conceive. But how old is she - 22-23? I can't imagine any dr will say anything other than - keep trying. Though I guess if they HAVE actively been trying for the last 18 months and it hasn't happened, speak up.

I mean I even wonder how much sex they're having to begin with. Law has always seen mom and sisters pop out baby after baby every 9 months. With the exception of Michael, it has worked out for every woman in that family so he prob thinks all women conceive easily NBD. Tiff doesn't know if she comes with a family with any types of difficulty conceiving. Law also doesn't seem like he's into her or into sex, so I can see him being the type who thinks having sex once in a month should get it done - and then when it doesn't, I can see monthly massive disappointment. But if they haven't sat down and had the discussion with a dr yet, I can see them not having enough sex around her ovulation days to make a baby. Just randomly having sex here and there through the month isn't going to result in a baby even for a young woman.

• Like 5

I'm sure it isn't helping that the couple Tiff is closest to (Nathan and Esther) are totally smitten and in love and make no secret that they're having lots of sexy times. I imagine it's hard being around them and going home with a husband who gives you "best buddy" cards and seems marginally attracted to you at best. 

• Like 7
3 hours ago, cereality said:

I assume she's had checkups if it's been 18 months or 12 months or whatever of trying to conceive. But how old is she - 22-23? I can't imagine any dr will say anything other than - keep trying. Though I guess if they HAVE actively been trying for the last 18 months and it hasn't happened, speak up.

I mean I even wonder how much sex they're having to begin with.

I know a 21 year old that went to treatment because her cycles were so irregular. If Tiffany goes in they'll ask about things like that, the timing and regularity of intercourse, etc., along with a general exam.   They may not be dreadfully compatible and need to time things more carefully.  

Maybe Lawson is sabotaging them by sitting in a hot tub every night.  There are some standard recommendations that might be all the help they need.  

• Like 4
6 hours ago, cereality said:

So 18 months of marriage and Tiff has an IG pic re how marriage is an instrument of sanctification? So in 1-2 years Law has either failed her, been difficult with her, sinned against her, and/or isn't only deserving of good things - per the write-up posted. So it's going well then . . . .

Run Tiff. If this is how you're feeling in the newlywed years, how do you expect it to be 50-60 years from now??

They come across as nothing but platonic travel buddies. Seems like she wants a marriage - complete with chemistry etc. Seems like he simply does not love her like that and IMO maybe just doesn't love women like that but may not even realize that himself. So I think he views her as someone there to cook, clean, clean his mother's house, keep him company, travel with, birth and raise his kids.

I do wonder if the kid issue is becoming a thing. I mean Law married at almost 30. In this family everyone has several kids before 30 and even though he married later, 18 months in his wife isn't even pregnant. For all his faults, he does seem to genuinely love kids and seems like he goes out of the way visiting and paying attention to nieces and nephews rather than just treating them like his 65th niece/nephew. He def sounds like he wants kids as he drops hints. They put some bench in their yard and were sitting on it and randomly he goes - well could be 3 of us on this bench a year from now, you never know.

If Tiff is having trouble getting or staying pregnant, that's going to be a problem for him. I don't see him like a Brandon who would just be like - kids shrug take them or leave them; I mean Brandon seems to like kids too but he also seems like he can get his fill from being an uncle or teaching sunday school or whatever and then just live a quiet life with his wife. If Tiff is holding off on kids/taking BC bc she just isn't sure about the marriage - whether she's telling him that or not - I suspect that's already becoming a problem for them 18 months in.

Here's the post for anyone who missed it. A doozy!

zp2gn1bvn6zb1.jpg.11b638fd2c115d3820740c3d45254e80.jpg

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 9

Tiff has been taking pregnancy test since a couple of months into the marriage.  I imagine she is seeing a doctor about the absents of a pregnancy by now.  

I think they would be a better couple if they moved to CA to be by her parents.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
54 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Tiff has been taking pregnancy test since a couple of months into the marriage.  I imagine she is seeing a doctor about the absents of a pregnancy by now.  

I think they would be a better couple if they moved to CA to be by her parents.  

Where have they mentioned pregnancy tests? On their YT?

Given that he isn't hot for her and likely thinks any woman can just be impregnated at any time, yeah I'm thinking they probably BOTH need to go to the dr and have the general discussion re having regular sex around ovulation time etc. Even if Tiff has been going to the dr, having checkups, and has been given advice re frequency and timing of sex, I could see him being dismissive if he isn't hearing it directly from the dr. I could see her politely relaying that they need to have sex on these 4 days and him being like - oh please what to drs know - bc he doesn't want to have it . . . and he'll do her the favor of sex when he's ready whether those are the best fertility days or not.

I do tend to agree that if Tiff is in the marriage for the long haul for whatever reason, she NEEDS to start the - I'm praying on it, God is laying it on my heart that we belong in Cali. I mean there she can resume somewhat of a normal life and Lawson will follow along. Sure she'd have to be the main breadwinner but she could do it getting back to acting plus with her rentals; she'd have to push him to get some kind of job to make some extra money but he can do things like landscaping even seasonally.

Lawson is a different kind of person and older but lets be real certain of G&K's kids have grown up due to their inlaws - Katie, Jackson seems headed that way. It sucks that other parents need to finish raising their kids, but I think having 2 mature parents around who aren't just spouting God speak all the time will only help him and will help them as a couple, as Tiff would be less miserable.

I mean Tiff wouldn't have to be running around cleaning Kelly's house or hanging around with Ellie or Callie or sucking up to Erin to be liked and accepted by the family. They'd fly to see his family 3 times/yr, and day to day she'd have her family and her old friends who presumably like her for her. If she doesn't get pregnant for a while, Gil wouldn't be there elbowing Lawson in the ribs with - git er done, you aren't getting any younger hardy har har, and Erin wouldn't be all like - my kids are praying for you to have a baby ASAP.

She could do normal things like WORK without G&K's input or Gil being in Law's ear about it every other week. I mean she could make a nice career for herself doing the Christmas movie scene - which these days is looking for diverse actresses. Except now, it would be SCANDAL. What do you mean your wife is leaving for 4 weeks to shoot a movie!? What do you mean the movie has her starring opposite a man and in the last 2 minutes of the movie man and woman fall in love and kiss one time!? Law you better get your woman under control - this is how women stray blah blah.

Being around that scene and being around her godly parents who have no problem with it, Law would start to realize that the Hallmark Christmas scene is as chaste as it gets and not everything is the scandal his parents make it out to be.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
55 minutes ago, cereality said:

she'd have to push him to get some kind of job to make some extra money but he can do things like landscaping even seasonally.

If he were to do landscaping/lawn service in SoCal, it's year round not seasonal.  Unlike a lot of the US, winter is a very busy lawn service season.  Rain makes the weeds sprout and grow.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

They've mentioned testing multiple times on their YouTube videos, and IIRC, Tiff had an ultrasound at one point. I'm not sure if she really thought she was pregnant or her period was half a day late and it was wishful thinking, but they've been pretty open about trying for a baby. 

This might sound messed up, but I actually hope the lack of conception is due to Lawson not wanting sex or not following the doctor's orders. At some point in the future Tiffany may have a different husband who adores her and it would sad if she wanted children and couldn't have them. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

The ultrasound may have had nothing to do with a pregnancy. Maybe they were checking for an ovarian cyst or even looking at her gallbladder and checking for gallstones if she was having pain in that area. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

What? Tiffany gave up a Netflix show to marry this guy? Why on earth did she do that...I'll never know. He just as well could have moved to CA for her to pursue this opportunity. Man, her career is dead in Tennessee.

just like his music career🤣

Edited by crazy8s
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9

My guess: 

Low self-esteem and/or

Boredom and/or frustration with her career and limited roles for Asian actors and/or

Wanted to get married and have children and/or

Wanted a change, period = 

Enter Lawson. 

Where and how did they meet? 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 11/11/2023 at 12:10 PM, oliviabenson said:

Tiff run away while there are no kids. She can do so much better. What does she see in him?

I know it sounds awful, but I always wondered if what she saw in him was the show and the exposure it would give her.  I think they both were looking at that.  He would move to California and become famous alongside her.  Unfortunately after they got engaged, the show was abruptly canceled.  She probably felt too guilty to back out. Further she probably thought he would be more affectionate with her after marriage because the purity rules wouldn't be a thing anymore.  I hope Ethan and Olivia Plath's example will make them both think about what they really want.  That post she shared does not speak well of their marriage.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I watched their YouTube about Lawson going away for some Medic training; jumping out of planes....Callie was sent to stay with Tiffany...Why? Isn't Tiffany, who is a grown adult allowed to be by herself for a couple of days? They skirt around the reasons for this....the IBLP/ATI/Gothard belief system says that women are not allowed to be on their own....even adult ones. This irks me.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

I watched their YouTube about Lawson going away for some Medic training; jumping out of planes....Callie was sent to stay with Tiffany...Why? Isn't Tiffany, who is a grown adult allowed to be by herself for a couple of days? They skirt around the reasons for this....the IBLP/ATI/Gothard belief system says that women are not allowed to be on their own....even adult ones. This irks me.

This shows that despite their lies that they are NOT fundie “lite,” imo. And I also find it infantilizing and misogynistic. 

• Like 10

I'm honestly so embarrassed for Tiffany at this point. Imagine going from roles in Marvel movies to being babysat by a fourteen year-old. What's even the point? Is Callie supposed to fight off intruders if they break into the home? Don't they have a German Shepherd for that? 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

RIGHT???!!  Being able to starfish in bed, eat what you want, watch what you want, be alone in the quiet.  WHY does no one in that family see this is as a positive???  Kelly Jo will do anything to pawn off her kids to someone else.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1