Type keyword(s) to search

Lawson and Tiffany: Warbling His Way Into Her Heart

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

He did mention that Lawson and Nathan were on the same team delivering fuel, so it's OK here.

They sure could have used social workers over there.

Interesting thought.

Do you mean in a therapeutic capacity or in a social service capacity? Because therapy is not going to help anyone who has constant needs and concerns over food, housing and finances. Like in Maslow's hierarchy, that is putting a the cart before the horse. Social services are unique to every area, so a "social worker" from a different country would be of no use.

When they are ready for therapy they, I don't know, might want someone who speaks their language?

• Applause 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She seems too fragile to be hauling sacks of coal, and I don't know what else she could do. 

Never underestimate the power of learning to keep sweet, save your first kiss for your wedding day, and acting lessons. Other than that I got nothing. 

• LOL 1
Just now, Dehumidifier said:

Well, someone missed my point. 

I goodness sorry, it wouldn't be the first time I didn't get something! Could you share your point?  

What did you mean by, "They sure could have used social workers over there".

I think in certain capacities even the performative shit the Duggars/Bates do, is actually helpful. Probably not as helpful as "being deployed" and "boots on the ground", but useful in a grunt work sort of way.

I know when I was watching the coverage of Turkey I watched in horror and also in awe of the miracles. But at no time did I ever considering thinking of going there. I sometimes feel like I'm in over my head in my little part of the world.

With that said I've always been close in size too Tiffany. Looks can be deceiving - one of my nicknames is ( a well earned) Moose. 💪🏽

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

He did mention that Lawson and Nathan were on the same team delivering fuel, so it's OK here.

They sure could have used social workers over there.

Social workers for what?

25 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Interesting thought.

Do you mean in a therapeutic capacity or in a social service capacity? Because therapy is not going to help anyone who has constant needs and concerns over food, housing and finances. Like in Maslow's hierarchy, that is putting a the cart before the horse. Social services are unique to every area, so a "social worker" from a different country would be of no use.

When they are ready for therapy they, I don't know, might want someone who speaks their language?

Thank you, exactly. 

• Like 5

I think it's great if they are over there actually helping.  Logistical support like managing supplies coming in and loading trucks to move supplies to where they are needed are very important.  One of my coworkers would use a week of his vacation each year to go volunteer with the Red Cross in disaster areas.  But he never had pictures of any of it because he was too busy doing toe work to pose with sacks of coal or whatever.  This is my point.  Go do the work and let people know where they can donate to do the most good.  Large established NGOs have connections to get discounted or donated supplies and have staff that can direct logistics.  They don't need inexperienced untrained people getting in the way and possibly needing to be rescued themselves.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, Meow Mix said:

I think it's great if they are over there actually helping.  Logistical support like managing supplies coming in and loading trucks to move supplies to where they are needed are very important.  One of my coworkers would use a week of his vacation each year to go volunteer with the Red Cross in disaster areas.  But he never had pictures of any of it because he was too busy doing toe work to pose with sacks of coal or whatever.  This is my point.  Go do the work and let people know where they can donate to do the most good.  Large established NGOs have connections to get discounted or donated supplies and have staff that can direct logistics.  They don't need inexperienced untrained people getting in the way and possibly needing to be rescued themselves.

I admire people who do the work without looking for acclaim. When we traveled to China there was a couple, one a pediatrician, the other a surgeon, with their two daughters adopted from China. They returned every year and spent two weeks in remote areas volunteering their expertise. I don’t think they took a single picture the few times we saw them. The Bates cosplay boys could learn a lot from them. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

So on what looks like a cool and windy day, the wives decided riding around a golf course was a fun thing to do?! You can't make this shit up.

I could see myself thinking that was fun when I was around 12 years old.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Her lips have that stiff, rubbery look that's a dead giveaway of fillers. 

Josie's too. 

I gotta say, and I'll do penance for it later. I like Carlin's sunglasses. 

• LOL 6
On 3/7/2023 at 11:22 AM, SMama said:

I admire people who do the work without looking for acclaim. When we traveled to China there was a couple, one a pediatrician, the other a surgeon, with their two daughters adopted from China. They returned every year and spent two weeks in remote areas volunteering their expertise. I don’t think they took a single picture the few times we saw them. The Bates cosplay boys could learn a lot from them. 

The Bible clearly states that God doesn’t want us to tell anyone about our good deeds; if we do, God won’t acknowledge or bless us for doing them.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
52 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

The Bible clearly states that God doesn’t want us to tell anyone about our good deeds; if we do, God won’t acknowledge or bless us for doing them.  

There's a woman who works at a home shopping network who took 3 months off unpaid to go on a "mission." She's about 10 weeks in, and all she has done is brag about what little actual "work" she's done. She's a horrible person.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
55 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

There's a woman who works at a home shopping network who took 3 months off unpaid to go on a "mission." She's about 10 weeks in, and all she has done is brag about what little actual "work" she's done. She's a horrible person.

The "missionaries" I knew growing up in Kansas (Assembly of God, mostly) always seemed to go on "missions" to Las Vegas or Kansas City. 

Topic: Tiffany could put someone's eye out with her engagement ring. It sits awfully high. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Heathen said:

Josie's too. 

I gotta say, and I'll do penance for it later. I like Carlin's sunglasses. 

Josie looks like she’s had quite a few “tweaks.” At least Botox/fillers and possibly more. Of course she won’t tell the truth about it. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Why would a young woman in her 20s "need" fillers and botox in the first place? It is such a shame that these people are so obsessed with their appearance. I thought humility was their schtick.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Why would a young woman in her 20s "need" fillers and botox in the first place? It is such a shame that these people are so obsessed with their appearance. I thought humility was their schtick.

IKR? I’m in my 50s and still haven’t yet considered Botox or fillers. It’s mind boggling how shallow some of these young women are. 

• Like 10
3 hours ago, floridamom said:

It's crazy, but pretty common. Everyone is getting Botox super young figuring it'll be a preventative against future wrinkles. FWIW, I'm not sure there's any studies proving it one way or the other. I think the fillers are a more dangerous habit. Not so much with the lips, but in the cheeks and jaw. They tend to migrate after a while which is why so many celebrities have that puffy pillow-face. If you've ever seen Kylie Jenner without filters or Photoshop, she's the perfect example. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Have to insert my beauty industry rant. 

Aging is fine, wrinkles are beautiful. The beauty industry doesn't give a shit how folks look, but they want them to want to look young, so they'll will spend shit tons of money trying to achieve it.

My apologies.

• Like 9
  • Applause 6
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Have to insert my beauty industry rant. 

Aging is fine, wrinkles are beautiful. The beauty industry doesn't give a shit how folks look, but they want them to want to look young, so they'll will spend shit tons of money trying to achieve it.

My apologies.

And Justine Bateman is pushing the natural aging.  The thing with botox and fillers, as with acrylic nails, is that they demand upkeep forever.  And the other thing is that I think women not in the entertainment field who primp and such do that for the opinion of other women, because in my limited experience with men, they mostly don't care.  Maybe the Bates/Dugger men do care.  At least some of the younger ones, although the Duggar girls are mostly still au naturele. 

• Like 11

I was surprised to learn how young people are when they start to get Botox. 
I don’t get it. I am 63 and I have never considered doing anything like that. I do have some small wrinkles but I am 63! You can’t stop time and the stretched fake look from fillers, Botox and plastic surgery doesn’t look any better, IMO.  
If I could give any of the Bates girls a tip it would be to use sunscreen every day. Not just the face but the neck and upper chest and hands too. The sun is your worst enemy when it comes to aging.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
15 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I don’t get it. I am 63 and I have never considered doing anything like that. I do have some small wrinkles but I am 63! You can’t stop time and the stretched fake look from fillers, Botox and plastic surgery doesn’t look any better, IMO.  
If I could give any of the Bates girls a tip it would be to use sunscreen every day. Not just the face but the neck and upper chest and hands too. The sun is your worst enemy when it comes to aging.

The sunscreen tip is what I tell my granddaughter all the time. I have even sent her some good quality stuff and told her to tell me when she runs out. Sometimes she will call or text to say she is putting it on. I keep reminding her. Young folks don't realize what that will do. I am 79 and in my day we used sun tan lotion!  To try and fry ourselves!  Not good all these years later 

• Like 8
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It's crazy, but pretty common. Everyone is getting Botox super young figuring it'll be a preventative against future wrinkles. FWIW, I'm not sure there's any studies proving it one way or the other. I think the fillers are a more dangerous habit. Not so much with the lips, but in the cheeks and jaw. They tend to migrate after a while which is why so many celebrities have that puffy pillow-face. If you've ever seen Kylie Jenner without filters or Photoshop, she's the perfect example. 

Kylie Jenner has had major plastic surgery, too. So have Kim and Khloe. 

Back to topic (and I hate the constant baby speculation) -- has any Bates or in-law gone so long after the wedding without a pregnancy announcement? Other than Michael/a, of course. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Kylie Jenner has had major plastic surgery, too. So have Kim and Khloe. 

Back to topic (and I hate the constant baby speculation) -- has any Bates or in-law gone so long after the wedding without a pregnancy announcement? Other than Michael/a, of course. 

I'm trying to think, but it seems like all the marrieds, minus Michaela were pregnant within the first year. Tiffany and Lawson will be coming up on their anniversary in May, right? I wonder if they're preventing or if they're trying and it just hasn't happened yet. 

• Useful 2
Just now, BitterApple said:

I'm trying to think, but it seems like all the marrieds, minus Michaela were pregnant within the first year. Tiffany and Lawson will be coming up on their anniversary in May, right? I wonder if they're preventing or if they're trying and it just hasn't happened yet. 

I seem to recall Tiffy talking about taking pregnancy tests. I don't think they're preventing.

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
24 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

What about Erin, she had 2-3 miscarriages. She still managed to be pregnant by her first anniversary?

• Useful 3
7 hours ago, BitterApple said:

If they start regular Botox and fillers in their 20s, think how much $$$ they will have spent on that within 10-20-30 years. Money they could have saved or spent on their kids or education or homes. Sad. 

2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Definitely. I haven’t had any Botox or fillers yet but I’m obsessive about sunscreen. 

• Useful 3
4 hours ago, SMama said:

What about Erin, she had 2-3 miscarriages. She still managed to be pregnant by her first anniversary?

She had her first miscarriage like three months, or less, after her wedding, then two more miscarriages in pretty quick succession. Carson was born in May of the following year, so about eighteen months after his parents' wedding. 

• Useful 3

Please note that I am not body shaming Tiffany in any way as she is naturally a smaller built person but I believe she isn't conceiving so easily because of the lack of body fat she has. I don't think there is an ounce of "fat" on her. As I understand it, medically, it is harder to conceive if you are considered underweight and tiny. Does anyone know if this is true or not? It could have something to do with it.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1

I was 99lbs and 5'4" tall and got pregnant practically by thinking about it. My periods were normal. I think with all things infertility its an individual thing.

Tiff and Law maybe 'trying' to get pregnant in that they're not using birth control, but they may not be timing sex around ovulation. Or maybe they are. But her size could have absolutely nothing to do with fertility. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

Please note that I am not body shaming Tiffany in any way as she is naturally a smaller built person but I believe she isn't conceiving so easily because of the lack of body fat she has. I don't think there is an ounce of "fat" on her. As I understand it, medically, it is harder to conceive if you are considered underweight and tiny. Does anyone know if this is true or not? It could have something to do with it.

If Tiffany is naturally thin and petite, as many Asian women are, it shouldn't really hinder her chances of conceiving.  It is women who are underweight because of disordered eating or overexercising that are likely to have a problem.

It is not unusual for normal, healthy couples to take a little while to conceive.  The general rule is about 80% of them will conceive within a year, but 20% will take even longer than that.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I was 99lbs and 5'4" tall and got pregnant practically by thinking about it. My periods were normal. I think with all things infertility its an individual thing.

Tiff and Law maybe 'trying' to get pregnant in that they're not using birth control, but they may not be timing sex around ovulation. Or maybe they are. But her size could have absolutely nothing to do with fertility. 

"Tiny" people have babies all the time, the world over. 

15 hours ago, AstridM said:

If they start regular Botox and fillers in their 20s, think how much $$$ they will have spent on that within 10-20-30 years. Money they could have saved or spent on their kids or education or homes. Sad.  

It's not like they're spending their money on anything like books or improving their minds! They're the human version of fast fashion that falls apart after one washing. 

• LOL 7
5 minutes ago, Heathen said:

It's not like they're spending their money on anything like books or improving their minds! They're the human version of fast fashion that falls apart after one washing. 

Oh, like their boutique offerings? 😂

• LOL 8
9 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Oh, like their boutique offerings? 😂

Yep. They're the human version of a shirt that is poorly made, too thin, doesn't fit properly, and has threads puckering and coming loose after its first trip through the washer. And it probably makes your skin itch, too. 

• LOL 7

Lawson and Tiffany did a Q&A on adoption and Tiffany tells her story. Finally some worthwhile content from these two. 

https://youtu.be/FzypBnq-0nQ

There's a lot of Jesus-speak peppered throughout, so here's a brief summary for those who don't want to sit through Lawson's sermonizing:

From what Tiffany was told, she was left on the doorstep of a hospital and later moved to an orphanage. She was adopted out at 13 months of age, weighing only 13 pounds. She doesn't know when her actual birth date is, and said the orphanage may have fudged her age to get her adopted faster. She says she's always been extremely petite. Doctor's appointments are a struggle because she doesn't know her family medical history.

She's always known she was adopted, and joked it wasn't hard to figure out given the obvious racial differences between her and her family. It never bothered her growing up in Los Angeles, because it's a diverse city. She mentions her feelings being hurt once at a playdate when the kids told her the Espensens weren't her real parents. 

She said she'd love to meet her bio parents, but then alternately said she has no interest in visiting China (which I found a bit confusing). Lawson piped up that he'd love to go to China, which was strange because he made several not-so-thinly veiled digs at the Chinese government during the course of the video. 

They both said they'd love to adopt, but the biggest barrier is expense. That seemed like a bit of a cop out to me, considering they've spent an entire year vacationing, but that's their business.

The video ends with Lawson doing a sales pitch for Christianity and praying. It's interspersed with footage of Tiffany as a child, and she's absolutely adorable. Of course LawDog can't just let her take center stage. 🙄

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Useful 1

I imagine meeting her bio parents is just a hypothetical. If she was left on the hospital steps, there prob is no way to track down who left her esp 20+ yrs ago when China likely did not have the facial recognition technologies to track citizens' movement the way it does now in big cities. IDK if she was even from a big city - if she's from a rural area, then they prob don't even that that tech now unlike say Beijing. Wonder if she was thinking - but since there's no practical way to meet my parents, I have no other reason I'd want to go to China. Yet if a call came tomorrow telling her who her parents are/that they want to see her, maybe she and Law would get on the next flight.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

I should've included this, sorry: Tiffany mentioned having her DNA in several databases. She's connected with several distant cousins, but like, very, very distant. From the way she was talking it would be difficult to connect the dots back to her bio parents. She did say the name of the province she was from, but I can't remember. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4

There's a great documentary called Twinsters. Its about two young women who grew up apart and later found out they're identical twins. The movie includes them returning to Korea to find their birth mom.

I wonder if Tiff has a full sibling. Many first born girls were abandoned by parents wanting a boy in China during the one child era. Of course many second children were abandoned too.

I have three domestic and one foreign nieces/nephews adoptees. Each story very unique and their thoughts on meeting birth parents all differ.

• Like 6
6 hours ago, cereality said:

I imagine meeting her bio parents is just a hypothetical. If she was left on the hospital steps, there prob is no way to track down who left her esp 20+ yrs ago when China likely did not have the facial recognition technologies to track citizens' movement the way it does now in big cities. IDK if she was even from a big city - if she's from a rural area, then they prob don't even that that tech now unlike say Beijing. Wonder if she was thinking - but since there's no practical way to meet my parents, I have no other reason I'd want to go to China. Yet if a call came tomorrow telling her who her parents are/that they want to see her, maybe she and Law would get on the next flight.

My father was adopted at age six (a long story that never should have happened and ruined multiple lives). There are 1001+ reasons why an adoptee might or might not want to see their birthplace. I'm not going to criticize Tiffany or even question her on this one. 

I still think she and Poser Boy, or at least Poser Boy and his wretched family, are pretty lousy people. That's a different story altogether. I hope they never adopt if only to spare their adopted child being raised in a cult. 

• Like 10
  • Useful 1