Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E04: With a Little Help From My Friends

Bort
  • Start Topic

Richard recruits Meredith and Bailey to help him launch a new program. Addison's patient has complications from a procedure. Jo helps a woman who goes into premature labor.

Airdate: Thursday, 21 Oct 2021

I wish the writers could find something else to give story to both Richard and Miranda that doesn't involve putting these ridiculous residents front and center. I don't care about any of them or their development. They're idiots. It's a wonder how any of them even made it into med school. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 21
54 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

So this chick has been dating a guy for a month and didn't tell him she was less than two months away from having a baby...and he didn't notice?

well there have been people who have been pregnant and never knew until they had the baby - so i can buy that he didn't notice. 

I've never wanted someone to flame out of the programme so badly as I want Glasses to do so. I hate him. 

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I loved the Addison/Amelia scenes. I still don't think Amelia/Link are done.

Owen's sister works at Grey-Sloan now? When did that happen?

I liked their scenes too. It was the first time Amelia has given a in depth explanation of her issues with Linc. The actors have good friend chemistry. Also, yay to Addison still being happily married. I would have been pissed if they ruined her happy ending.

A couple episodes ago Owen's sister said Bailey asked her to fill in for someone.

• Love 15
23 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I liked their scenes too. It was the first time Amelia has given a in depth explanation of her issues with Linc.

I'm still not sure if even Amelia knows what the issue really is. Is it that she really, truly, doesn't want what he wants re: marriage/more children, or was it the perfect storm of a quarantine burnout of being stuck at home with the same faces all the time, like Addison seemed to think?

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I'm still not sure if even Amelia knows what the issue really is. Is it that she really, truly, doesn't want what he wants re: marriage/more children, or was it the perfect storm of a quarantine burnout of being stuck at home with the same faces all the time, like Addison seemed to think?

Probably a little of both? She doesn't think she wants more kids, but quarantine burnout escalated it to make that feeling stronger than it may have been otherwise?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

it's a good indepth question, so I hope they go further into it. 

I will say when Addie said she thought about death and that comforted her that made sense to me because my very dear friend was suicidal during lockdown.  I always thought it was kind of weird (not that she was suicidal or anything) just that when the first wave released how many people were like it was so tough for them - where as for me. i was literally Julie Andrews spinning in an open field. that I didn't have to be in contact with anyone for a year. it was such joy and relief for me. (but then when i did work. i would often come home in tears, or wake up in tears with the idea that i had to be around people. I love my job but having to be "on" all the time, and interact with so many people, is so mentally exhausting and draining for me - the lockdown was a blessing - where for so many people it was a curse). 

and then I actually got ill (not covid), and now i am just mentally exhausted all the time anyway so there ya go. 

but anyway that conversation hit home for me. 

• Love 18
17 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

I know! I wish she would explain it as thoughtfully to Linc.

Would he understand? She said today that he kept talking about marriage while she was telling him no. The reason she turned him down was because during the pandemic she felt that she was dying in domesticity and dirty diapers and being home while Linc was loving it.  It feels like the writers are putting a pin in their relationship which makes me sad since it's the only relationship on the show that I like. I'm afraid to hope that they will revisit it since the lockdown times are an anomaly.

The good part of this episode was Addison and Amelia. Kate W. is such a good actor and the feeling between the two characters seems realistic and honest. It was also good to have a realistic talk about feelings during the lockdown.

I hope that the residents doing surgeries like that wasn't realistic because what frightens me more than not enough doctors is incompetent doctors operating on me. If there is a shortage of doctors, instead of pushing through ones that aren't qualified yet, how about licensing foreign-trained doctors like the ones who was Glasses underling.

I don't care how much Krista loves Glasses, all these surgical successes and six, sex, sex is not winning me over. I just wish he were gone.

I thought that Jo's case was boring. Owen's was socially significant but also boring. I cannot care about Megan.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I will say when Addie said she thought about death and that comforted her that made sense to me

I started tearing up and nodding. I lived the first 5 months or so in such a deep depression, living off red wine and hoping I didn't wake up the next day. I'm not an extrovert at ALL, but the anxiety of everyone I love being one mask away from a deadly illness was all I could think of. Plus I live alone, so I didn't have anyone to share my thoughts with.

I really appreciated Greys for showing the "ptsd" (not clinical, but lowercase, ptsd-lite) of that 14 months of fear. The vaccine eased the anxiety for me, which is why I say 14 months.

We, as a planet, will be unpacking our stressors and traumas for decades. It should be talked about in a palatable way like it was in this episode. 

Winston is my favorite male doctor now. I don't watch this show for Helm or Glasses.

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, BoogieBurns said:

I started tearing up and nodding. I lived the first 5 months or so in such a deep depression, living off red wine and hoping I didn't wake up the next day. I'm not an extrovert at ALL, but the anxiety of everyone I love being one mask away from a deadly illness was all I could think of. Plus I live alone, so I didn't have anyone to share my thoughts with.

I am a hugger. so (HUG)

14 minutes ago, BoogieBurns said:

I don't watch this show for Helm or Glasses.

does anyone?

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I hope that the residents doing surgeries like that wasn't realistic because what frightens me more than not enough doctors is incompetent doctors operating on me. If there is a shortage of doctors, instead of pushing through ones that aren't qualified yet, how about licensing foreign-trained doctors like the ones who was Glasses underling.

The whole thing was one inexperienced doctor away from disaster.  Maybe this kind of thing may work with simple surgeries, but from an insurance and liability standpoint, it felt way too risky. 

21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The good part of this episode was Addison and Amelia. Kate W. is such a good actor and the feeling between the two characters seems realistic and honest. It was also good to have a realistic talk about feelings during the lockdown.

I loved their talk.  Addison may not agree with Amelia's feelings, but she respected them and aside from a small sidebar about wuv, didn't get bogged down into trying to convince her that her feelings were wrong and she should do what Linc wants. 

2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

So this chick has been dating a guy for a month and didn't tell him she was less than two months away from having a baby...and he didn't notice?

If he only knows her as a heavier looking person, she says nothing about the pregnancy and he isn't around for any obvious signs, I can see how he could miss it.  I really didn't understand her plan at all.  Her parents and friends weren't thrilled over the pregnancy, so she decided her best course of action was to move somewhere she knew no one and just hope a support system comes into place? 

• Love 11

Is this it for Addison? What's Grey's/ABC publicity going to use to promote the show without her? (lol) I loved having Addie back and I'm glad her, Jake, and Henry are still intact. 

Megan Hunt is irritating and her wig is terrible. Why is she still here? (answer: because she's Krista Vernoff's good friend) 

Jo's light hair washes out the actress' complexion. Still not feeling nor care about Jo as a single mother and OB. I feel like lately the writers have done a 180 on seasons of multiple character and story developments to service random ideas. 

I enjoyed the Private Practice Addison/Amelia reunion. Few things allow me to tolerate Amelia, this is one of them and the other was Link. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, funnygirl said:

What's Grey's/ABC publicity going to use to promote the show without her? 

Station 19 Crossover Event!

Is it just me or does Luna look a little small to be getting teeth already? (I know some kids get them earlier but still...)

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 6

Here's hoping that Helm and Glasses die during the crossover event.  But I hope that every episode.

Please bring Addie back full time. I did not watch Practice (other than the first season; gave up after that) so I don't care about her husband or kid--but if needed, bring her back and just have them live off screen. 

I did enjoy Addie and Amelia having a real conversation. So atypical for this show.

So Webber is doing something like the Minnick Method. I forgot about her. I'm not sure we fix the doctor shortage by pushing through a bunch of yahoos too quickly. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
Just now, RedbirdNelly said:

So Webber is doing something like the Minnick Method. I forgot about her. I'm not sure we fix the doctor shortage by pushing through a bunch of yahoos too quickly. 

I'd love to see a patient quite firmly but politely state that they don't want Glasses or Helm anywhere near their care and certainly not involved in their surgery. That these residents appear ill equipped and underskilled, and they (the patient) have no confidence in the care being provided. 

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

Please bring Addie back full time. I did not watch Practice (other than the first season; gave up after that) so I don't care about her husband or kid--but if needed, bring her back and just have them live off screen. 

I did watch Private Practice and I have apparently forgotten just about everything about it. Totally forgot Addie had a kid and a husband until someone mentioned it here last week.

20 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I'd love to see a patient quite firmly but politely state that they don't want Glasses or Helm anywhere near their care and certainly not involved in their surgery. That these residents appear ill equipped and underskilled, and they (the patient) have no confidence in the care being provided. 

Please oh please oh please!!!

• Love 4

I really didn't understand how a hospital could possibly implement that crack pot surgical event. 

Also unless one is admitted on an emergency basis, one generally selects one's surgeon based on recommendations. While it is known that residents will assist in a teaching hospital, I don't think the actual surgeon of record is supposed to leave the operating room during the operation.

The malpractice would be a slam dunk - where were you when the patient was being operated on? Supervising six other operations?

I realize that all of this is a fantasy and anyone involved in the medical field suspends disbelief just as any lawyer suspends disbelief when they watch a legal show but at this point the show has jumped the shark from any kind of "medical" aspect.

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a physician shortage of high level surgeons who are going to be practicing in elite hospitals like the Grays doctors. The shortage is of personal physicians delivering basic medical care in rural areas and areas where poor people live. Just like there isn't a shortage of hospital beds in NYC or Los Angeles or Seattle but hospitals are closing in rural areas and people might be a long distance from a basic hospital and an even longer distance from a hospital equipped to deliver sophisticated medical care.

Edited by amarante
  • Love 10

Man, I wish I could relate more to people who took quarantine hard. Not because I want to be depressed too. But, in my eyes in regards to quarantine, there was never really a lock down. I live in Jersey. There was obvious restrictions in everything but it's not like everyone was physically forced to stay in the house. I still saw my parents. They were limited. I missed being able to hug my mom. But, I work for Fed Ex. I was out EVERYDAY. I wish I could have quarantined properly. I did have a fear for my parents and when there were even less answers that was scary. But, I don't know. Life didn't change THAT much to me. I also don't really care if around people a lot so there is that too. So, when I hear things like Addie's story I'm like REALLY. It hit you that hard. No judgment on others. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

Oh, I'm pretty sure they didn't tell a patient anything.  Why bother annoying patients with facts that could actually kill them?  Pesky patients.

4 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I don't care how many times they do this, they will never, ever, ever make make care about Station 19.  Maybe in the early fever days of GA when I never missed an episode, I would have conceded.  But now I don't care enough.  I'll just miss that part of the story line, because I realize none of it will matter anyway.  

12 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I know! I wish she would explain it as thoughtfully to Linc.

I wonder if she tried and Link just sun-shined it away, like he did with other stuff?  I basically like Link but I don't think he would have listened to anything less than "yes, I will have 18 babies with you!"  He seemed to just gloss over all her objections when she did state them, that we saw.   Thank God there are daily meetings available, but if even with those you still feel like you are drowning, you are not at the most stable part of your life and shouldn't be making long-term, marriage and 18 babies decisions.  And he should have recognized that.  He had to know she was attending meetings every night because he would have to take care of the kids while she was doing that.  So he should know there were issues.  

Edited by bunnyface
edited for clarity, meetings are a good thing.
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, bunnyface said:

I don't care how many times they do this, they will never, ever, ever make make care about Station 19.  Maybe in the early fever days of GA when I never missed an episode, I would have conceded.  But now I don't care enough.  I'll just miss that part of the story line, because I realize none of it will matter anyway.  

Same here. (I even said that to my mom last week because I was at their house for my mom's birthday and left after S19 started so I would get home in time for Grey's. They thought I was watching the show but I was just playing some bonus stuff on a game on my mom's tablet to get her some more coins, since she's always complaining she can never build up any coins to use in the main game.) 

I've yet to see the Grey's portion of a crossover event and feel like I missed anything important (I think car-crashes-into-the-bar was the only one where I actually watched both shows). I usually don't even remember that it was a continuation of the previous hour. I changed the channel after Young Sheldon was over last night then went to do some stuff in the kitchen until Grey's started so I caught snippets of S19. Nothing to entice me to watch.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Daisy said:

it's a good indepth question, so I hope they go further into it. 

I will say when Addie said she thought about death and that comforted her that made sense to me because my very dear friend was suicidal during lockdown.  I always thought it was kind of weird (not that she was suicidal or anything) just that when the first wave released how many people were like it was so tough for them - where as for me. i was literally Julie Andrews spinning in an open field. that I didn't have to be in contact with anyone for a year. it was such joy and relief for me. (but then when i did work. i would often come home in tears, or wake up in tears with the idea that i had to be around people. I love my job but having to be "on" all the time, and interact with so many people, is so mentally exhausting and draining for me - the lockdown was a blessing - where for so many people it was a curse). 

and then I actually got ill (not covid), and now i am just mentally exhausted all the time anyway so there ya go. 

but anyway that conversation hit home for me. 

It hit home for me. At the beginning of lockdown I joked that it was the olympics I've been training my whole life for. The few times I went into the office, I had similar reactions to yours except I spent most of the time dry-heaving in the ladies room.

Ironically enough we've been ordered back to work full-time on Nov. 1 and my anxiety is exploding. (Thank God for medical cannabis.) This episode and that scene was something I needed. It was interesting to get all of Amelia's perspective in one big exposition dump. It made perfect sense. She was barely hanging on yet Linc was loving it. Of course, she'd be afraid of marrying him. One day I hope she can tell Linc everything she told Addison. Also, kudos for calling out Linc's proposal as manipulative.

I'm not really feeling Owen's crusade. Morally-righteous Owen is my least favorite Owen and I have no favorite Owen. I'm just wondering what kind of role Hayes is being maneuvered into between Owen and Megan.

I can't get into the residents and like others the focus on Schmidt is baffling to me. Did Nico have any other appearance other than being in bed with Schmidt?

I'm glad to know that Addison's happy ending stuck.

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, marceline said:

Did Nico have any other appearance other than being in bed with Schmidt?

No. His sole purpose at this point seems to be looking hot shirtless and making people wonder what the hell he sees in Schmidt.

• LOL 13
  • Love 7

Meh. This one did nothing for me. No feels. No nada.

I guess I've never really liked Addison and I just couldn't relate to her COVID lockdown drama. Amelia likewise is not a favorite of mine. I guess I just don't care. 

Same with Owen. and his sister. Actually I forgot the character is supposed to be Owen's sister. They sure had a lot of make-up smeared on that actresses face though - that's all I could see. I didn't care about anything she said.

The only thing that stood out to me was the operating room saga. OMG! Say it ain't so! That kind of shit doesn't really happen at a hospital -- right? I mean anytime myself or my family member have had a surgery they were all scheduled ahead of time -- with a specific surgeon.  That whole scenario (residents operating and the attendings just showing up all random-like) was just horrifying!

• Love 4

I really wish they’d have Addison move to Seattle permanently. An occasional Ben Bratt cameo would be a bonus. Or at least they could have her split her time between LA and Seattle like Meredith’s doing with Minnesota.

UO, I know, but I actually like Schmidt. But Hellmouth? Hate. They’ve made her a one-note character who’ll never STFU with the Meredith worship and it’s annoying AF. Either get her a girlfriend so she’ll knock it off, or better yet, boot her off the show. She’s here for Meredith “making Addison cry”? I’m here for Hellmouth to be sent to “live on a farm”… like the writers did to Alex.

Other characters who can disappear for all I care: Owen and Teddy. Can’t stand them. Megan: meh. Jo: never cared much for her and still don’t. And what is up with the bleach job? Like someone already pointed out, it washes her out.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, marceline said:

It hit home for me. At the beginning of lockdown I joked that it was the olympics I've been training my whole life for. The few times I went into the office, I had similar reactions to yours except I spent most of the time dry-heaving in the ladies room.

. . .. 

I'm not really feeling Owen's crusade. Morally-righteous Owen is my least favorite Owen and I have no favorite Owen. I'm just wondering what kind of role Hayes is being maneuvered into between Owen and Megan.

I've made the same joke--that I've been training my entire life for COVID. Staying home has not been a problem although I'm glad to be able to do more things now. I haven't been to the office since March 13, 2020 and am waiting for #s to go down low enough and for there to be a reason I need to actually go to the office before I do.

I feel like Owen has done other vet crusades in the past. These storylines are never good to me--esp since we know Owen is not going to get some big change done at the VA. 

• Love 4

I hope Minnick reads a publication on the "Weber" method and writes a scathing rebuttal on how it was basically the Minnick method but with less oversight - at least with the Minnick method the attending is there and already following the surgery so if something goes wrong they are already up to speed.

When Helm botched her surgery I was thinking, "This is what happens when you waste your time gazing adoring at Meredith instead of chasing more surgeries or being in the skills lab."

• Love 10

How I wish I could go back to the blissful ignorance of thinking Catherine had left the show for good.

Isn't "the Webber method" basically the same thing that chick Arizona had a fling with tried to implement, and everyone hated it and thought it was too risky? Except this time it's even worse because the residents aren't even supervised.

• Love 7

Having Addison for just two episodes was a tease.  There seemed to be some sort of calm when she was around, even when she was upset, everything still seemed like it was going to be ok.  I really loved the Addison and Amelia interaction, but I would have liked some more with Meredith too.  

I cannot believe Meredith went along with Webber's very Minnick like idea, especially considering she hated it the first time and caused so many problems last time that she was stood down from work for a while because of her protesting and refusing to let it happen in her OR, and then Bailey was the one who argued, very feebly, against it.  You would have thought even Catherine would have had the balls to say it was a dumb idea, seeing Minnick was her idea.  Evidently, who ever wrote this episode hadn't seen season (my guess) 14ish when Minnick was around and how poorly it all played out?  

Has Luna gotten smaller?  Jo (hair still looks ridiculous, btw) looked like she was holding a small newborn when she was nursing her in this episode.  I get with covid, they can't or won't use real babies, but if you can't use something the right size, talk about something that has happened off screen, it's better than having a baby get smaller when you go and use an automated one! 

I liked Megan the first time around, well, I liked the storyline, tolerated the actress.  She seems to be pure filler when she is on, I don't get why she didn't just ask Hayes about her son, rather than some hypothetical first.  It seemed like it was pushed just  for a "flirting" with Hayes part first.  Blah, blah, blah.  Hayes still is better with Meredith.  Forget Scott Speedman, that just feels wrong to me.  

Is it bad I skipped the Owen bits?  I get that there is importance in addressing the cause, but Grey's seems to be pushing every cause, rather that just being out for entertainment.  I just feel there needs to be some balance. 

Now that Addie has gone, how long before we get another OG's cast member back?  Hopefully the next one will slide back into Grey-Sloan with as much ease and bring a sense of nostalgia too.  I wish she stayed longer.  

• Love 5

When I had my gallbladder out a few years ago, I had one 1” scar, one 1/2” and 2 punctures.   I was warned if there were any problems, they would have to revert to the old way which involved a large incision down through the muscle.   Luckily, things went well, and I was able to take the bus to the grocery store three days later.   Wonder what excuse they are going to give the patient Helms butchered.  She was learning isn’t much of a consolation to the person that faces months of healing.  And didn’t Bailey get mad that Helms cut the patient open without waiting?  Perhaps an experienced surgeon could have fixed the bleeding laparoscopically. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I loved having Addison back. She was the best part of these past 2 episodes, a reminder of the show when it was so good. In this episode the Amelia/Addison scenes were fantastic. After years of characters yelling "SISTERS" it was great to see two women being close without the point having to be pushed at all. I am glad they didn't destroy Addison's marriage in the process of bringing her back. I wish they could have a trial or something in Seattle that would let her pop in for an episode here and there. It doesn't need to be her spending X number of days in each city (too close to the Meredith storyline) but have her come in for a patient in the group here and there. For me it's going to feel like a letdown the next episode when she is gone.

My strong dislike of Helm and Glasses continues. I am thankful Helm wasn't quoting Meredith during her surgery mess so I guess there is that. Nico exists to have someone for Glasses to push against the lockers and kiss every time he has a good doctor day.

Owen and Winston feel like they were on another show. I like that Winston is handling medical storylines but he seems so disconnected to most of the cast. Meredith is his sister in law, Richard is his father in law - I wish he'd have some interaction with them to tie him into the family more while Maggie is away.

• Love 9
19 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

If he only knows her as a heavier looking person, she says nothing about the pregnancy and he isn't around for any obvious signs, I can see how he could miss it.  I really didn't understand her plan at all.  Her parents and friends weren't thrilled over the pregnancy, so she decided her best course of action was to move somewhere she knew no one and just hope a support system comes into place? 

That actually makes more sense than what I thought I heard her say, which was that her parents moved across the country to get away from her. Her moving away from unsupportive people makes more sense, but is not very smart.

11 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Is it just me or does Luna look a little small to be getting teeth already? (I know some kids get them earlier but still...)

Luna looks a little small to be a year old, which she should be based on this show's timeline. 

7 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Man, I wish I could relate more to people who took quarantine hard. Not because I want to be depressed too. But, in my eyes in regards to quarantine, there was never really a lock down. I live in Jersey. There was obvious restrictions in everything but it's not like everyone was physically forced to stay in the house. I still saw my parents. They were limited. I missed being able to hug my mom. But, I work for Fed Ex. I was out EVERYDAY. I wish I could have quarantined properly. I did have a fear for my parents and when there were even less answers that was scary. But, I don't know. Life didn't change THAT much to me. I also don't really care if around people a lot so there is that too. So, when I hear things like Addie's story I'm like REALLY. It hit you that hard. No judgment on others. 

What confused me about Addie's story is, she's a doctor. Wouldn't she have still been working?

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Luna looks a little small to be a year old, which she should be based on this show's timeline. 

Luna is a very early preemie. Remember, she's the liver baby.

According to this, Luna was born at 26 weeks but let's be honest, Grey's space-time continuum means nothing matters.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I feel like Owen has done other vet crusades in the past. These storylines are never good to me--esp since we know Owen is not going to get some big change done at the VA. 

I work for the VA, so it's probably not a good sign that I chortled a little bit when Owen declared he was going over to the VA to "straighten them out" or some such.  Yeah....those people you are seeing the VA?  They aren't the ones who make the decisions on who to treat or how to treat.  That's all determined way, way above us.  We just have to live with the consequences and the Owens coming to "straighten" us out.  Those of us on the frontlines would treat everyone for everything.  We aren't allowed.  

• Love 10

Is it specifically written into glasses contract that on every single episode he has to either be naked, groping his boyfriend, half-dressed, groping his boyfriend or fully clothed, groping his boyfriend?   

I am SO tired of those two grabbing & groping multiple times every week.  YES, we know they're gay. YES, we know it's fine to show this stuff on TV.  YES, we know it's an LGBTQ-friendly show.  This is all wonderful, truly!

But does any other couple get this much exposure in sexual situations?  Or am I just irritated because I can't stand glasses and want him the hell off the show?  

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

But does any other couple get this much exposure in sexual situations?  Or am I just irritated because I can't stand glasses and want him the hell off the show?  

It's got to be the latter because every other couple gets this kind of exposure. Look at last season with Amelia/Linc and Teddy/Owen.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

What confused me about Addie's story is, she's a doctor. Wouldn't she have still been working?

She's a doctor married to a doctor with a 2nd grader. I think she spent plenty of time at home even if she worked. Also, private practices weren't busy like hospitals. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

A couple of my specialists only saw patients on-line.

1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

I think that the problem is compounded because we only see them in sexual situations. Other characters in relationship have plots and we see them interacting over meals or arriving in to work. For Glasses and Nic, it's sex all. the. time.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

Other couples certainly have had that much exposure in sexual situations in the past. At the moment there aren't very many other happy couples though. They should give Helm a hook up. I don't think we've seen her in any romance and I find her more tolerable than Glasses.

49 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

A couple of my specialists only saw patients on-line.

I heard of that at the beginning too, but they went back to work much earlier than other positions. And Addison must have been working for part of the pandemic based on where she is with her clinical trial. But I guess timing of the whole thing may be different in Grey's land.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Other couples certainly have had that much exposure in sexual situations in the past. At the moment there aren't very many other happy couples though. They should give Helm a hook up. I don't think we've seen her in any romance and I find her more tolerable than Glasses.

Other couples also had 2 full characters. This one is bumbling Glasses and the guy he has sex with. As someone said it's the only time we see him. 

I want less Glasses and Helm. It doesn't matter if the scenes are sex scenes, OR scenes, locker rooms scenes, training class scenes - they are just everywhere this season. Smaller doses of them may make them more tolerable. Right now it's some decent scene then there's Glasses bumbling through again to kill the momentum.

Edited by windsprints
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I think that the problem is compounded because we only see them in sexual situations. Other characters in relationship have plots and we see them interacting over meals or arriving in to work. For Glasses and Nic, it's sex all. the. time.

Or they realized that the actor playing Nic has all of the charisma and acting chops of a brick wall, so they just throw him into sex scenes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I am no doubt missing something in terms of the whole justification for a womb transfer but I don't understand why this would be considered to be a medical miracle.

Why would a woman risk her life and health in order to have a womb when there is a viable alternative in terms of using a surrogate. All that would be missing would be actually experiencing pregnancy. This would seem especially true for the "test" patient who is desperate to have the child of her dead husband and so a surrogate would provide greater certainty than the transferred womb. I can't imagine the actual pregnancy wouldn't be extremely high risk as well.

• Love 5