Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: The New Arrival

Bort
  • Start Topic

The sight of a crashing plane spreads a wave of unexpected hope through the clearing as Eve and the others search for its fallen pilot. Gavin and Izzy seek help from an unlikely source after the government permanently suspends their sinkhole mission.

Airdate: Tuesday, 19 Oct 2021

I know that I'm going to have to stand in the corner for this, but after they showed that the snake was shot (and I presumed dead), I kept thinking "Y'all need to go back and get that carcass because you don't know how long you all are going to be there.  We Louisiana people will at least try to fry that sucker!"  

Probably should find that sloth and kill it for it's fur.....

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
24 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I know that I'm going to have to stand in the corner for this, but after they showed that the snake was shot (and I presumed dead), I kept thinking "Y'all need to go back and get that carcass because you don't know how long you all are going to be there.  We Louisiana people will at least try to fry that sucker!"  

Ha, when I saw all that blood I thought it would attract an even bigger predator that they'd have to run from!

Eve: "The smoke is coming from over there, so we're going to walk in that direction."

Me: Watch out, we've got a real brain trust here.

Everyone is acting like they've just taken a minor detour in this show and will get back to their regularly scheduled lives momentarily what with the guy worrying about his heroin stash and Eve worrying about her marriage. You're stuck in the past and the only way out is a portal way up in the sky! People should be freaking out a bit more.

I'm glad they aren't just bringing up mysterious events and not explaining them. We know that electrocuted guy was electrocuted by the old guy and apparently he's part of a whole gang that lives in huts. I'm guessing they are modern people who intentionally went back in the past and formed some sort of cult. That might explain the cult-like sisters, too.

So there have been 6 sinkholes so far. Very convenient that they've all landed in walking distance of the clearing even though one sinkhole was in the Mojave desert. I'm assuming since the signal was in that group of huts and also the skeleton they found in the cave.

I guess you can just build a special plane in a garage on your ranch, no big deal.

Edited by DoubleUTeeEff
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

The formerly mute girl said the killer had a hand print on his back. It’s got 4 digits though, so that would more likely be a paw print—his spirit animal, so to speak.

ETA : They changed the handprint on us. I swear that it was 4 long digits in the pilot, not a fat handprint.

Edited by Amy Beth
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Probably should find that sloth and kill it for it's fur.....

That crossed my mind, too, about eating the snake but I know personally I'd have to be super hungry before I'd eat it ! The thought just kind of grosses me out. I don't have a problem with the bunnies, though :0 

I thought the whole crossing the creek/river was stupid-- Eve stuck that stick in about a foot from the bank and decided it was shallow enough to cross ! They're lucky they all didn't sink in the middle of it & drown. And, yeah, they really aren't thinking about it being the past, if they were they'd realize that there were a lot more predators around back then and not going wading in the creek like la-de-dah ! At least look down once in a while. 

Maybe they will explain it later, but it seems to me that it should be a lot thicker with brush and there should be a lot more animals running around. Unless the show uses the other people to explain to they've already cleared the area of that stuff, I suppose.

I'm am enjoying the show, it's just that a lot of things aren't really ringing true. People aren't acting as I think they would in this situation. I can be very forgiving of the faux science, suspension of disbelief and all that. But as was mentioned above, why does the drug dealer guy even care about his herion now ? Is he ( and the others except maybe Eve & the doctor ) just not accepting the fact that they may be stuck there forever ? It's kind of weird.

• Love 19

I am glad pilot guy brought food with him. It doesn't look like it will last very long for all those people though. They should have sent him with extra parts for the plane, especially considering what happened to the drone.

"It's impossible for him to have been electrocuted. We're in 10,000 BC!" Um.....you're from 2021 and just said you're in 10,000 BC. I'm pretty sure that seemed impossible to you a few days ago. Maybe stop being surprised at stuff?

I hope the other people in the clearing get mute-sister away from creepy abusive sister. I am pretty intrigued about what their story is.

Walking into that prehistory fort/village does not seem like the smartest move. But I am curious what they will find. Is it actually ancient people who found a device from a previous sinkhole or is it modern people stuck in the past too? 

It seems kind of crappy of Gavin to pilot another rescue mission down to pre-history. When he crashes too who will be left to take care of Izzy?

• Love 11

Too bad they didn't lug the Ogopogo or snake from the creek and cook it for dinner. 

They also don't realize that they may be spending a long time in the land down under, way down under, and that the heroin may be a valuable resource for medical issues - in terms of some sort of painkiller.

Who are these hut people? Why the hand? When did they get there? Are they modern? Are they from 500 years ago?

I don't know if this show has a plan or any sort of mythology. It may be headed in to collapsing on its mythology or lack of a direction. Still don't find most of the characters likeable.

The silent sister may be interesting and I wonder what is her connection to any other folks living in the past. If there were 6 sinkholes, then it is possible that there are 6 different civilizations there or it's some sort of Westworld type creation.

The lady at the end (with the plane) looked familiar, but I couldn't place her.

• Love 4

I thought about them using the snake for food, too. On Naked and Afraid, they eat any snake they can get! Hey, hey, get your minds out of the gutter! 😏

I’m thinking that at least the old guy we keep seeing is from modern times. You would think that Levi, being a military guy, would suggest doing recon before walking straight into that village. 
Stoner Scott is still my fave.

• Love 8

Everyone seems to be operating on the premise that they're still in a suburb of present day LA.  Hint:  Heroin is not illegal anymore.  Why be nervous about mentioning it?  It is a great painkiller, although none of them has a clue about how to prepare it or use it, but it's there.

A 5 hour drive from LA to SLO?  What are you driving, an Opel Kadet?  It's 190 miles by SR 101.  But it's a good thing Aldrich left that classified folder in plain sight on her desk, otherwise he'd be at a dead end.

Gavin's got a secret, nyah, nyah, nyah.  Whatever he picked up from the briefcase before they left the plane will come into play, somehow.

I wish the people would quit snarking on each other every time someone says something or makes a suggestion.  That gets old fast.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

Gavin's got a secret, nyah, nyah, nyah.  Whatever he picked up from the briefcase before they left the plane will come into play, somehow.

Gavin is Eve's husband, Levi is the pilot that flew down to the underworld. Levi pulled Eve's wedding ring out of a tiny briefcase and gave it to her, if that is what you are talking about.

• Love 1

This show is growing on me, at least in a way that is full of possibilities for snarky comments. Or maybe it is because the shows I like (or used to) have been downhill, so I am open to mediocrity. 

I think the acting is still really bad, like acting students trying too hard to deliver their lines. So, to start with, what is the deal with the aunt (I think)? She gets the award for worst acting. Her face is a frozen frown, it looks like she is constantly smelling something bad. Does the show really need her? 

• Love 2

Why would they send Psychic Dad down the hole ?  He's their only communication source with what's going on down there.  Plus he would be abandoning Izzy (as mentioned above).  They are acting like it's a sure thing that he will return when it is far from it.

I predict we will get a Flight of the Phoenix scenario -- both planes crash, but they re-assemble one working plane out of the 2 crashed planes, all the while fighting off the creature of the week and the 'Talk to the Hand' people. 

Can't believe that Stoner Scott didn't make a Jabba the Hut(t) joke when they saw that village.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Why would they send Psychic Dad down the hole ?  He's their only communication source with what's going on down there

Seriously. 😐   
Will anyone even ask this question?

[Stoner Guy to Psychic Dad upon his arrival in the past] Dude. So how many of you are there in the Future who can still see us? 
[Psychic Dad] Oh. Um. Just me as far as anyone knows. Why do you ask?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Why would they send Psychic Dad down the hole ?  He's their only communication source with what's going on down there.  Plus he would be abandoning Izzy (as mentioned above).  They are acting like it's a sure thing that he will return when it is far from it.

He is qualified to fly the plane and he wants to fly the plane. Nobody else qualified to fly the plane, will fly the plane, knowing what happened to the last guy who flew the plane and also knows that the government doesn't sanction the mission and you will never be allowed to fly another plane, if you fly the plane. To any other pilot, it would career suicide and actual suicide.

I don't see how he can stop Izzy from going with him, I wouldn't be surprised if the two scientists don't want to come as well. I would load the plane up with supplies and weapons, since you already have a army waiting for you down there. Take lots of  pictures and collect lots of samples to bring back. They can fly all over the world to get to popular extinct creatures. If they make it back they will be rich and famous. Just make sure the hole doesn't close on you on the way out.

• Love 4

I keep being distracted by those large hoop earrings teen girl doc (sorry, can't remember anyone's name) is wearing. I mean, you've been transported to 10,000 BC, surrounded by wild animals and possibly dangerous ancient humans. But let's keep wearing giant hoops that could get caught in vegetation or by some animal's claw or something.

Also, they are all too clean and perfectly coiffed. I know it's only been a short time, but they've been through some pretty major events already. They look more put-together than I do after a normal day in our current time period. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
18 minutes ago, MysteryMavin said:

Also, they are all too clean and perfectly coiffed. I know it's only been a short time, but they've been through some pretty major events already. They look more put-together than I do after a normal day in our current time period. 

True.
At least they don't have Gilligan's Island-level of eyeliner and mascara and lipstick.
It's the fluffy clean hair that gets me. If this was being filmed in the late 90s-to-early oughts, the women could have fashionably stringy hair.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Everyone is acting like they've just taken a minor detour in this show and will get back to their regularly scheduled lives momentarily what with the guy worrying about his heroin stash and Eve worrying about her marriage.

This and the little TV trop of lost people - in time and space - who hang their laundry to dry. I mean, hygiene is important but i would think that find a reliable saurce of water and building a safer shelter would be more important than doing laundry

11 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I hope the other people in the clearing get mute-sister away from creepy abusive sister. I am pretty intrigued about what their story is.

I am too. Maybe "daddy" wasn't really daddy, but a kidnapper from a  cult.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

My takes:

They know they are stuck in the past but haven't accepted it as reality yet. I have no idea how I would react in that situation but I'd probably be freaking the fuck out.
Heroin isn't illegal in their current situation, but drug dealers aren't anyone I'd want to fuck around with. I can't blame Scott for burying it or not wanting Lucas to know he hid it. 
Marybeth (the cop) and Ty definitely knows something isn't right with Lilly and Veronica. I hope they step in real soon to prevent further abuse. 

I also really like that they aren't dragging things out. We know they are in the past. We know there were more sinkholes, and now we know the portal closed. The hangar plane was explained at the same time it was discovered. There hasn't been much 'we don't have time for this" nonsense that prolongs the mystery for "reasons". The people and village seem to be the biggest mystery and hopefully the show follows suit and we learn about them next week.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, MysteryMavin said:

Yeah! When are they going to break out those Raquel Welch "furry" bikinis.

• LOL 8

I forgot something else I really liked: Levi telling Eve that Gavin's visions were real, and that Gavin knows about them. I fully expect some sort of triangle drama but Levi isn't trying to manipulate the situation by withholding the knowledge that the visions were real.

• Love 12

Dr. Nathan is pretty careless with her files. Everything Gavin needed to know what lying right there on her desk, and the office door was wide open, and apparently anyone can walk right into that place and walk right back out without anyone asking any questions. Just take what you need and go. I kept expecting them to reveal she left that for him on purpose . . . but nope! Just really super convenient to the plot.

The snake grabbing Riley and pulling her under water was a real Luke Skywalker in the trash compactor moment. But there was never any danger that the show would kill off Riley. I really wish we didn't have to have a teen story going on here. We know nothing's ever going to happen to them.

For that matter, why does every show like this have to have some variation of Lucas? The wild card Dr. Smith type protagonist that's always going to be a problem for everyone. It's such a trope.

What is that giant red and white thing in the background where everyone is camped? Is it supposed to be some sort of building?

• Love 5

I think that the village is made up from the pilots they sent out in the first mission (in the Mojave... Perhaps they were instructed to go south west?) That means that they have been there for at least two years, but with time travel it could easily be more. Maybe they've mixed in with the locals, who knows (local tribe would be about 70 miles North on the Coastline)

• LOL 1
3 minutes ago, CatfishMan said:

"Oh no, water!"

[Places stick in the water 2 feet from the edge]

"Look! It's shallow 2 feet from the edge...surely it is that same depth all the way across so we can walk it."

This.

Also, some of these people have been wet and dried multiple times, done physical activities, and are sleeping in the same clothes.  They have to absolutely REEK by now.  Especially the teens. 

I liked the quick finger-pointing scene that was kinda reminiscent of The Thing.  They squashed it pretty quickly though.

• Love 4

I'm hoping Levi got his wound re-dressed off screen after wrestling with the sea serpent under water. 

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

why does every show like this have to have some variation of Lucas? The wild card Dr. Smith type protagonist that's always going to be a problem for everyone. It's such a trope.

59 minutes ago, Whodunnit said:

They should have taken the snake with them, that was a LOT of protein they threw away (that's really easy to skin, it comes off like a sock) and their large party needs the food.

I wish in this episode they had retconned Lucas into an outdoorsy type who whipped out a Bowie knife and sliced up a few lengths of the sea serpent for dinner and maybe a few more steaks to trade with the settlement folks. 
Maybe it's not entirely too late to at least retcon Lucas into Not a murderous drug dealer. The way he put his arm around timid Stoner's neck was half-menacing and half-bro-hug. Maybe the heroin was his father's and he was just trying to get rid of it and doesn't want it to fall into the wrong hands.
I guess we'll know pretty soon.
I'm hopeful because he doesn't look very scary. 

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3

Has anyone started mapping out what is in the sinkhole or the radius around it to see what should be in it? If it sucked in the Petersen Automotive Museum it should have sucked in the LA Fitness which would mean a small selection of hygiene products from peoples gym bags, and food and Gatorade in their little store. There is a Ralphs (grocery store branded Kroger in other parts of the country) and a Walgreens not too far.

T
image.thumb.png.8e644133f4073af59d282643747fd26f.png

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, theredhead77 said:

Has anyone started mapping out what is in the sinkhole or the radius around it to see what should be in it? If it sucked in the Petersen Automotive Museum it should have sucked in the LA Fitness which would mean a small selection of hygiene products from peoples gym bags, and food and Gatorade in their little store. There is a Ralphs (grocery store branded Kroger in other parts of the country) and a Walgreens not too far.

T
image.thumb.png.8e644133f4073af59d282643747fd26f.pngjo

My oldest daughter's first job was in a Ralphs in northern California. :)

I need to get back to work, but here's my first attempt to research people groups living there circa 10,000 years ago:
http://westerndigs.org/history-of-ancient-los-angeles-was-driven-by-its-wetlands-8000-year-survey-finds/

• Useful 1

Do guns fire under water?

Add me to the group who thinks it was major stupid to not pull that dead snake out and slice it up into steaks. It was at least two day's worth of food for everyone and more tasty than those MREs. The MREs that are all gone now.

So the woman gets rescued from the snake and then just STANDS THERE in the water. I'd be all GET ME OUT OF HERE! if that were me. No hanging around in waist-deep water. Plus the other woman was just standing in the water too, like the snake didn't have a relative nearby? What a bunch of morons.

If I were Scott, I'd be all DUDE, take your grubs off of me and back away, creep to that guy who keeps hanging on him. And yeah, what's up with hiding the heroin? Probably most of those people will want to do a line or two or three after a few months or years back in time.

I was figuring a Costco or movie makeup trailer fell through the hole too, which is where the ladies are getting their makeup and hair-care accessories.

Good to know TC hasn't shaved since he left The Night Shift.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, circumvent said:

I am too. Maybe "daddy" wasn't really daddy, but a kidnapper from a  cult.

Real dad, bigamist pedophile or outright kidnapper, it’s definitely a fundie cult. I’m almost certain that the reading material was a personal Bible, not school books or reading for fun selections.

• Love 5

Anybody else wishing they would have done a close-up, slo-mo of Riley all wet and glistening being attacked by the Tentacle Monster. What! Just me, I think they could have reached an entirely new demographic.

Me, I think I would have eaten MREs and stayed clear of the Snake Steaks. At least until 2-ply toilet paper is invented.

That map of the sink hole is no where near the Tar Pits, I thought the Tar Pits got sucked in as well. There should be way more debris than one bus bench, one street sign, one traffic light, 1 bus, 1 ambulance, 10 cars, 3 kilos of Heroin, 1/20th of the outside of a building, one box of Protein Bars, and a Baby Ruth.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

That map of the sink hole is no where near the Tar Pits, I thought the Tar Pits got sucked in as well. There should be way more debris than one bus bench, one street sign, one traffic light, 1 bus, 1 ambulance, 10 cars, 3 kilos of Heroin, 1/20th of the outside of a building, one box of Protein Bars, and a Baby Ruth.

The La Brea Tar Pits did get sucked in. The map above is a snip I took from Google Maps to see what was around there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Eve: "The smoke is coming from over there, so we're going to walk in that direction."

Then she follows up with this nugget.

The water isn't deep (here at the edge) we can cross.

Edited by TWOPrefugee
  • LOL 2
5 minutes ago, TWOPrefugee said:

"The water isn't deep (here at the edge) we can cross."

And throws the very handy, excellent stick out. Everyone knows that when you get stuck in a void 10,000 years ago you MUST have a stick. Not only to keep checking where you are stepping, but because it is a stick. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

If the next PrimeTimer Awards includes something like: Most Uninspired Exposition Fairy Dialogue
we've got the winner here:

[Psychic Dad] We're going to find another way to save them, Iz. Okay? I think the answer might be in this file.
So Dr. Nathan only mentioned the Mojave sinkhole, but this, it says fourth event, which means there are more out there.

[Izzy] You think one of them could lead to Mom and Josh?

[Psychic Dad] It's possible. That's why I need to talk to Dr. Nathan because she could help us find one. Problem is I can't get ahold of her.

[Izzy, pointing at other woman in picture] Well, what about her? Maybe she can help. Says her name's Rebecca Aldridge.

[Psychic Dad] Look her up, Iz. I don't know anything about her but she's clearly involved in all this.

[Izzy, in a nano-second] Found her. Says she owns a horse ranch in San Luis Obispo. What would a rancher have to do with all this?

[Psychic Dad] I don't know. Let's go find out.

[Izzy] Good idea.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

The tar pit in the past is the actual tar pit as it was in 10,000 BC. Scott chased away the 8 living camels whose skeletons had been found in the pit in modern times.  We’ve not seen tar all over the place as if it fell like the people, busses, etc. 

This is the 5th sinkhole, not the 6th.  The Mohave desert one was labeled 4th known event.  So now we know college cave guy got there in probably 1 of the 1st three, and most likely not the Mohave desert one.

My guess about the village. Scott mentioned it wasn’t appropriate structure for the time period. So someone from the previous sinkholes had a hand in building it. Either with fellow sinkhole victims or people from 10,000 BC. 

and someone please tell abusive older  sister that she needs to think for herself rather than her deceased father… or spouse or whatever he actually was to her. Like the rest of these people, it’s a little silly to act the same way as if you are going back home tomorrow. 

Edited by mythoughtis
Corrected misspellings
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

The tar pit in the past is the actual tar pit as it was in 10,000 BC. Scott chased away the 8 living camels whose skeleton had been found in the out in modern times.  We’ve not seen tar all over the place as if it fell like the people, busses, etc. 

There was at least one elephant replicas from the Tar Pits shown in the first or second episode when they were panning around. If my memory is correct, it would have been from this display that was pulled in. But no, there hasn't been tar from the present day tar pits shown, and now I think about it, it's that's a bit odd (and most likely meaningless).

la-he-walks-brea-tar-pits-photos-2017030

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

If the next PrimeTimer Awards includes something like: Most Uninspired Exposition Fairy Dialogue
we've got the winner here:

[Psychic Dad] We're going to find another way to save them, Iz. Okay? I think the answer might be in this file.
So Dr. Nathan only mentioned the Mojave sinkhole, but this, it says fourth event, which means there are more out there.

[Izzy] You think one of them could lead to Mom and Josh?

[Psychic Dad] It's possible. That's why I need to talk to Dr. Nathan because she could help us find one. Problem is I can't get ahold of her.

[Izzy, pointing at other woman in picture] Well, what about her? Maybe she can help. Says her name's Rebecca Aldridge.

[Psychic Dad] Look her up, Iz. I don't know anything about her but she's clearly involved in all this.

[Izzy, in a nano-second] Found her. Says she owns a horse ranch in San Luis Obispo. What would a rancher have to do with all this?

[Psychic Dad] I don't know. Let's go find out.

[Izzy] Good idea.

About this scene, when Izzy said “found her” my first thought was could there be a bunch of other women with the same name?  I know when I’ve googled my name or someone else I know chances are a list of people with the same name pops up.  That web search was far too easy. Oh and they now seem to know how to get a plane down the sinkhole without crashing.  

As stupid as I think this show is I’m hooked. 

• Love 6

Also, some of these people have been wet and dried multiple times, done physical activities, and are sleeping in the same clothes.  They have to absolutely REEK by now. 

Also, I don't know what kind of pants they are wearing, but getting them soaking wet would make it really hard to walk in them, even after they dry out. Especially if they are jeans. 

Also, Riley ran down to a brook to get water for Levi, and none of them know what kind of bacteria is swimming around in there.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, Cobb Salad said:

About this scene, when Izzy said “found her” my first thought was could there be a bunch of other women with the same name?

There are 70+ people named Rebecca Aldridge just on LinkedIn.

6 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Also, I don't know what kind of pants they are wearing, but getting them soaking wet would make it really hard to walk in them, even after they dry out. Especially if they are jeans. 

Also, Riley ran down to a brook to get water for Levi, and none of them know what kind of bacteria is swimming around in there.

Back when skin-tight jeans were the only kind women would wear, we used to put jeans on, get in the bathtub, then let them dry on us. Maybe this look is what the show is going for since it's not doing the wet-t-shirt thing.

Getting the water from some contaminated water source reminds me of a Hawaii Five-O ep where the captives drank from a stream, then got too sick for the kidnappers to get away with them. Levi should have some of those water-purification tablets in his survival pack.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 3

Despite all the errors I still like this show.  Like why didn't they keep some of the heroin with the medical supplies?  Considering how he handles stress, I think Scott's gonna have a really hard time when his marijuana runs out.  I'm curious about the cult sisters, and I'm glad Lily found a way out. It looked like they were reading bibles, and I hope they can both find the help they need.

I can understand why they didn't drag out the dead snake.  They just escaped from one monster, so I can see why they wouldn't have wanted to fish around in the water and try to find it, with who knows what else may be in there.

Nice of the show to acknowledge there were indigenous people there at the time. Although I have my doubts that we'll see any of them.  I am curious about the mysterious village (and why it would have a radar signature).  Although you expect to see one of our intrepid adventurers look at that and go "Walls!  Of course!  Why didn't we think of that?"

9 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I wondered about that too.  After the previous year, I would think people would be more aware of novel pathogens and what they can do.

1 hour ago, circumvent said:

And throws the very handy, excellent stick out. Everyone knows that when you get stuck in a void 10,000 years ago you MUST have a stick. Not only to keep checking where you are stepping, but because it is a stick.

Thank you!  Glad I'm not the only one that was bothered by that!  Did Monty Python not stress how dangerous pointed sticks can be?  You can poke and hit things with them.  Would it have stopped the snake?  Probably not, but it might have helped. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

There are 70+ people named Rebecca Aldridge just on LinkedIn

I was okay with Izzy finding the correct Rebecca Aldridge since she had a picture of her——just not that fast. Better writing would have had Psychic Dad doing something else for a bit——perhaps something that would later be referenced for the plot——and then he’d say something like, “Find anything yet?” and Izzy would reply, “I’m not sure; does this look like her?”

Instead it seemed like they just used the rough draft from the show’s storyboard.

42 minutes ago, Lugal said:

why didn't they keep some of the heroin with the medical supplies?

That bugged me too. I mean, after using Dr. Dad as a guinea pig to ascertain that the heroin wasn’t laced with anything like baby laxative or fentanyl, of course, they should have put it in a secure location for future medical use——or even mass euthanasia if they were all mauled by rabid sloths or something. 

Edited by shapeshifter
parallel punctuation
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

There was at least one elephant replicas from the Tar Pits shown in the first or second episode when they were panning around. If my memory is correct, it would have been from this display that was pulled in. But no, there hasn't been tar from the present day tar pits shown, and now I think about it, it's that's a bit odd (and most likely meaningless).

la-he-walks-brea-tar-pits-photos-2017030

I missed that. Darn I don’t think I want to go back and re-watch. 

2 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

They probably didn't want to have to deal with any tar on set? If the pit sank, the tar would have scattered all over and people would be covered in it. It'd be pretty messy and a pain to deal with. But they could have had them pass a chunk of it when hunting or looking for the ambulance. Hell, that elephant replica should have had tar on it.

Unless they are going with my theory that the tar couldn't be sent back in time because it existed in the past, so that disappeared in the sink hole.

27 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I was okay with Izzy finding the correct Rebecca Aldridge since she had a picture of her——just not that fast. Better writing would have had Psychic Dad doing something else for a bit——perhaps something that would later be referenced for the plot——and then he’d say something like, “Find anything yet?” and Izzy would reply, “I’m not sure; does this look like her?”

Instead it seemed like they just used the rough draft from the show’s storyboard.

They have limited time for each episode, and even less time to spend on the 2021 scenes, so I get why they had her find it fast. Maybe she did a search for Rebecca Aldridge in combination with that other doctor's name?

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Dr. Nathan is pretty careless with her files. Everything Gavin needed to know what lying right there on her desk, and the office door was wide open, and apparently anyone can walk right into that place and walk right back out without anyone asking any questions. Just take what you need and go.

I was amused that she's taking a personal day.  Hey, it's only a huge sinkhole, a bunch of missing people and whatnot.  Just take a day off!  OK, she was with the other doctor but it was still funny.

Levi:

monty python fight GIF

Our two wounded folks are looking fairly spry, even Dr. Seal with the cane.  I was thinking maybe there's something in the air that helps you heal - yeah, I know, it's just the show.  Dr. Seal knowing almost everything is kind of entertaining though.

6 hours ago, CatfishMan said:

"Look! It's shallow 2 feet from the edge...surely it is that same depth all the way across so we can walk it."

This was great.

It won't happen but I can kinda seen a couple of sparks with JOSHH and Stoner Scott.  Maybe it was the romanticism of looking at the stars.    SCOTT why did  you bury the heroin?  It could have been useful.  Well, I'm sure he can find it again.

I really don't care about drug guy and his mother drama.  Yawn. Drug son better not harm a hair on Scott's head though *shakes fist*.  "Is he still staring" LOL  Seriously, Josh & Scott are fun together.

I did enjoy the snake attack.  I'm not bothered that they didn't drag it out - it was damn big, you don't want to muck around not knowing what else is in there and they're on a mission, damn it!   Levi and Eve constantly exchanging meaningful looks is getting on my last nerve.  Ugh, triangle, why??   Hey, we're trapped in 10,000 BC but why didn't you call?  Shut up, the both of you.

Everyone is still too damn clean.

2 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

As stupid as I think this show is I’m hooked. 

Oh, I'm totally hooked.   I love this kind of stuff.

Fake not speaking sister was definitely kidnapped.   I still really like Brain Tumor Ty. 

They're trying desperately to have an interesting present day story with Psychic Dad and various doctors but it's really not working for me yet.   I'd rather spend time with Probably Not Indigenous but Living in the Past people.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, raven said:

Levi and Eve constantly exchanging meaningful looks is getting on my last nerve.  Ugh, triangle, why??   Hey, we're trapped in 10,000 BC but why didn't you call?  Shut up, the both of you.

Exactly.  There’s quite enough going on without it.  And now we’ve got the Others.  Is the polar bear next? Maybe the temple with the purifying ( or killing) water? Maybe the radar is picking up the hatch? 

• LOL 8
21 hours ago, Amy Beth said:

The formerly mute girl said the killer had a hand print on his back. It’s got 4 digits though, so that would more likely be a paw print—his spirit animal, so to speak.

Or they're about to do a crossover episode with The Simpsons.

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, raven said:

Our two wounded folks are looking fairly spry, even Dr. Seal with the cane.  I was thinking maybe there's something in the air that helps you heal

Actually, since they remarked on fast healing in the dialogue for the son, and then had Levi's arm wound take up screen time, I'm thinking there is something going vis a vis super healing -- probably due to the purity of the environment, or maybe the there's a fountain of youth? 
But then why is Dr. Dad still hobbling around?

• Love 1