Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Pinocchio

• Start Topic

Gary’s past starts to affect his future with Darcy, while Eddie uncovers more from the night of his accident. Rome receives promising interest for his documentary, and Maggie gets a taste of workplace politics.

Original airdate 10/13/21 

"Don't try to make me eat a yam by calling it a fry." 😄 (But, hey, I'll take those sweet potato fries if you don't want 'em.)

So does Peter really not remember or is he lying because he doesn't want the sexual assault accusations to come up? (Where was his wife...and his phone?) [edit: I guess it was the latter...]

Maggie sure has made herself at home at this two-week temp job, hasn't she?

Can you say HIPAA violation? I knew you could!

Of course the woman who hit Eddie has a tragic story and a little kid to make him feel bad for her and see how good his life is in comparison.

Of course something was going to go wrong with Rome's movie deal. Though...I feel like there's got to be more to selling a movie than a simple phone call. Wouldn't Rome need to at least sign something? He told his agent yes and that made it a done deal that he can't back out of within a couple hours?

Regina, you're working at a chain restaurant. You don't get to just change the recipes. The whole point is that it's the same wherever you go.

Not remembering the final jeopardy clue from two weeks ago is not suspicious. I couldn't tell you what last night's was.

Hope Gary didn't accept that cash offer, if real estate works the same way as movie sales in this world.

Hey, look, the hat.

Edited by ams1001
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10

I guess that's the end of Darcy. Too bad, I really liked her and she showed tonight she is really too smart for everyone else on this show. But she made the right call separating herself and her son from Gary's idiot behavior. I continued to like her until her last scene.

Not sure why Peter lied, some kind of blackmail situation? Or has he seen the light?

I knew something was going to be wrong about Rome's movie offer. Did he or his agent not get any details on the sale? Wouldn't terms have to be discussed? Wouldn't you show the film at the festival and see if you got other offers? Did his agent not know what was going on or is he shady? It seems like Rome should be able to back out after finding out they are just trying to shelve it, and he obviously didn't get paid yet. If he can't back out, I hope he at least got a good pay day.

Regina shouldn't be changing recipes, but I did like her new chef friend.

I liked Eddie in this episode. He met with the woman who hit him to stop obsessing, didn't berate her or anything, but also didn't tell her what she did was okay. Then he told Theo the facts about his situation. I continue to like his physical therapist too.

Maggie is an idiot. She used to have a practice so maybe she's never worked in an office? But you can't go telling people you just met someone is creating a hostile work environment. You have to figure out who to trust before you gossip. I'm guessing she's going to get the full time job though, since they have built a whole radio station set and hired a bunch of actors to be her coworkers. 

Oh, and did I hear a reference to a timeline? Gary said it was two weeks since Peter got beat up (last season finale) and Maggie mentioned it was August (which fits with last season ending in the summer).  These people have had a very productive two weeks, and I'm not even counting how the AMLT version of Covid seems to have been defeated in that time.  But no one seems to be dressed for August. 

• Love 16

I liked this better than last week's. Still have problems, though.

So, Eddie has come to terms with his paralysis? That was sudden. I guess the talk with the one who hit did him good, because, hey, her life is crap and her husband beats her. Yay?

Because he now knows he'll be in the wheelchair for the rest of his life, he'll be walking by the end of the season.

But, I do like that, at least for now, Eddie has come to terms with his paralysis and will hopefully move on.

I'm good in Jeopardy, but I don't remember the questions after the show has ended! I don't think it's suspicious that Gary couldn't remember the Final Jeopardy question after 2 weeks. either Still, I liked Darcy. But, yeah, I'm so over this storyline. Of course Peter remembers. And then a blackmail plot will start. 

I like Rome's being cool with his movie being sold. That made me smile. But, yeah, I agree--there should have been things that he would have signed, legal documents, price negotiations, contracts. 

Gina, your boss may be a jerk, but you don't just change recipes at a faux-Applebees. That was stupid on her part. Boring? Yes. But she's not hired as a chef, she's hired as a cook. There's a difference. At least run it by your boss first. "Hey, boss. I got a suggestion. What if I put cinnamon in the chili?" But, you don't do that. It's not your restaurant. You don't call the shots. 

Oh, another thing, someone fire that nurse! Let's just spill out medical info to any schmuck who calls if they say "Yeah, I'm related!" Is this your first day with a new brain???????

Oh, and thinking of stupid--Maggie, you're a freakin' temp. You don't act like that as a temp, even if you want this job. I've been a temp before--the job I'm at now, I started off as a temp. You play nice to your coworkers, you don't gossip about them, you sure don't make jokes about a hostile work environment. For someone who supposedly is intelligent and highly educated, you're freakin' stupid! 

So, can we get Theo in these massively small doses? A two minute scene is about all I can stomach. And have him written like that. I didn't think he was particularly annoying in his two minute scene, but I may be in the minority. Liked the teasing about his first crush and how Eddie would be a third wheel when he's with Kiara. I thought it was cute. But, again, a two-minute scene.

Edited by historylover820
Forgot
  • Love 17

I'm amazed to find that I was right about something!  The hat!  Last episode, Gary was packing boxes and took off a grungy looking hat and tossed it across the room - I thought it must have been the magical missing hat and that it would turn up again.  Now it needs to make another appearance with some importance or all was for nothing.

I'm glad that the situation with Gary and Darcy was not dragged out.  I wish there was a snappy resolution for the rest of Gary's mess, but I don't see how to get a clean ending, much less a quick one.

I agree that two minutes of Theo is within tolerance (barely).  But no more about his crush.

Apparently, Maggie was hatched yesterday.  She's just a wide-eyed innocent, skipping and tripping along.  But she should be a highly educated women with some degree of maturity and experience.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

Rachel Fromichar! Hahahahaha! 

omg, seriously, Maggie?

Did she never have to talk to anyone in HR when she started working there? I guess it's possible she dealt with someone else for onboarding paperwork or whatever. 

Though even if she honestly thought "FromHR" was her last name, she still didn't know who she was. Why are you gossiping about people you've worked with for 2 weeks with a complete stranger?

That said, the the ex-couple were acting entirely inappropriately. If that's how they always are, I'm surprised HR hasn't been involved already. Grow up.

• Love 16

OK here's what I learned from this episode:

1. Rome has the absolute worst agent on earth. If a movie festival guy knew about the alternative film in the works by that company, anyone in the industry should have. And there would have been contracts that would have included information about the showings and marketing of his film. No money amount was mentioned so likely nothing was finalized. He could get out of that deal-- if only due to deception on the part of the company and/or the agent. And if his agent was deliberately doing that, he could be sued.  (In other words, this was a dumb plot point...)

2. Maggie is apparently skilled in one area only: listening and offering sympathy/platitudes.  She is an idiot in the workplace, making rookie mistakes like she's never had a job before.  Did her years of medical treatment not teach her about confidentiality and not over-sharing, not to mention her psychological training? To gossip to a perfect stranger about two co-workers is the epitome of career suicide. But not on this show. She'll get the job. 

3. Maggie's producer is useless.  She hasn't really helped Maggie much-- chattering on about herself and her own job, failing to provide important office info, like where the landmines are, in a timely manner, etc. Maggie should have fired her but she's too busy eating cake. What's that about?

4. I'm really tired of the Eddie story.  He is improving, I guess, but I don't understand why he was cool with his daughter going to France. That whole storyline just disappeared. 

5. Gary, Gary, Gary. Can you be more obnoxious with the cop with your ongoing overgrown frat boy persona? Do you not know when to stop? Is James R Rodriguez leaving the series? Because prison would be one way to do that...although it looks like, as others have noted, a blackmail plot might be in the works. But there's no way that this doesn't ultimately turn into legal issues for Gary, and I don't see how the character survives that. He has essentially become a criminal, and that doesn't make him at all likeable even if he feels justified and tries to use his humor to cover everything.  But then this show is a little light with criminal behavior-- hence the woman who hit Eddie will get away with a hit and run, because, well, she is abused.  

I know there's a lot more here but others have covered it beautifully. I just had to add my 2 cents. 

• Love 18

At this point I want Maggie and Gary to get back together just so we can concentrate the stupidity in one place. Neither of them seems to be able to behave like a functional adult.

I'm going to miss Darcy. I like how she managed not to get absorbed by the cult of co-dependent weirdos the way Maggie did but Gary isn't right for her. He's in no position to be a parent.

I just can't with Theo.

Regina changing recipes. Sigh. That's not how chain restaurants work. These people all walk through life completely oblivious to other people's needs or boundaries.

• Love 11

I've decided I watch this so I feel better (and smarter) about being me... in comparison to these bone-headed characters, their choices/decisions, etc., I'm a friggin' angel. (I'm not.)

Seems to be less drama and more comedy lately... dramedy?

Loved the reference to Jeopardy!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

2 apparent themes of this episode - Stupidity and Embracing Reality.

Stupidity:

Gary - ruining his chance to start own family over what happened to his best friend’s daughter. Chose short term solutions with long term consequences. The “Topher” talk with the detective was cringey and stupid. Sophie better be ready to bail Uncle Gary out with her dad’s insurance money.

Det. Saunders - putting more efforts and been focusing on Peter’s assault, pursuing Gary with only circumstantial evidence. He isn’t even interested to look further into Sophie’s case and what Peter could have done to his other students.

Eddie - yes Nicole is a DV victim but she needs to be accountable for her carelessness and the life she ruined, regardless her sob story.

Rome - never 100% trust your agent, he could be the Paragon+ lobbyist as well.

Maggie - no longer pursuing Oxford’s fellowship and would rather be working at a radio station. Out of touch when it comes to workplace boundaries and when to shut up.

Peter - do you think by talking to Gary (and possibly blackmailing him) will make everything goes away?

Embracing Reality:

Darcy - it’s very wise of her to break up with Gary, thus separating herself from that “cult”. Liam will always be her 1st priority. Screw the guy with lame jokes and potential legal/criminal troubles.

Rome - Walter was proud of his son, good milestone in their relationship. Now Rome, be bold enough to take back your movie’s right.

Eddie - good talk with Russ, slowly accepting his fate that he might not be walking again. Knowing AMLT, am pretty sure that Eddie will be able to wiggle his toes before the end of this season. 🙄

Regina - you’re no longer a head chef at your own restaurant Gina. You’re now working in a chain restaurant, toe the line.

ME - 35 mins into this episode… What? Still no Theo? Is this for real? 👀 Hallelujah‼️Then tadaaaa… ughh!😫

Bye bye Darcy & Liam!✌

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, MadeleineElster said:

5. Gary, Gary, Gary. Can you be more obnoxious with the cop with your ongoing overgrown frat boy persona? Do you not know when to stop? Is James R Rodriguez leaving the series? Because prison would be one way to do that...although it looks like, as others have noted, a blackmail plot might be in the works. But there's no way that this doesn't ultimately turn into legal issues for Gary, and I don't see how the character survives that. He has essentially become a criminal, and that doesn't make him at all likeable even if he feels justified and tries to use his humor to cover everything.  But then this show is a little light with criminal behavior-- hence the woman who hit Eddie will get away with a hit and run, because, well, she is abused.  

I hate everything about this highly unrealistic storyline with Gary.  Gary has needed anger management training for multiple seasons now.  He is out of control, and lets his anger get out of control to the point he is now a criminal.  How are we supposed to just accept that he is a criminal guilty of kidnapping and assault? 

Whatever Peter is doing, I'm not here for a dumbass blackmail plot.

• Love 12

Why can nothing good ever happen to these people?  Rome has an offer to sell his movie but of course it can’t just be a great offer.  There always has to be a catch.
I used to really like Gary but now I can’t stand him. This assault storyline ruined him for me.  I was never a fan of Darcy, but at least she is smart enough to walk away from a criminal. I do not see a way to redeem Gary that doesn’t involve jail. 

• Love 13

Maggie seemed completely taken aback when Jane announced that they’d be looking at audience metrics to determine the new host.  I’d ask if she’s dumb enough to not consider that to be a factor, but this is someone who heard “Fromichar,” so…

I can’t think of an ABC title that Paramount - sorry, “Paragon” -  Plus has stolen away, so that seemed like an unnecessary dig.  Rome would have to at least *seen* a contract before signing everything away.  Unless the agent can forge a signature?

I appreciate Darcy for immediately seeing through Gary’s B.S., I do not appreciate the fact that he told her anything remotely incriminating, as that has to come back to bite him in the butt.

The driver backstory might be the most quintessentially *this show* moment of this show - it’s not enough that someone was involved in a hit & run, they were involved in a hit & run because their husband is abusive.  The showrunners have never met a tragedy that they couldn’t accentuate with more tragedy.  See also: Gina’s new friend can’t just be a fun new work friend, she has to be a work friend who went to prison and is trying to now live an honest life.  (Also, she’s known Gina for approximately five minutes but feels the need to confess.)

• Love 18
1 hour ago, izabella said:

I hate everything about this highly unrealistic storyline with Gary.  Gary has needed anger management training for multiple seasons now.  He is out of control, and lets his anger get out of control to the point he is now a criminal.  How are we supposed to just accept that he is a criminal guilty of kidnapping and assault? 

50 minutes ago, jqdeco said:

I used to really like Gary but now I can’t stand him. This assault storyline ruined him for me.  I was never a fan of Darcy, but at least she is smart enough to walk away from a criminal. I do not see a way to redeem Gary that doesn’t involve jail. 

32 minutes ago, Lethallyfab said:

Maggie seemed completely taken aback when Jane announced that they’d be looking at audience metrics to determine the new host.  I’d ask if she’s dumb enough to not consider that to be a factor, but this is someone who heard “Fromichar,” so…

I appreciate Darcy for immediately seeing through Gary’s B.S., I do not appreciate the fact that he told her anything remotely incriminating, as that has to come back to bite him in the butt.

Gary has been ruined as a character.  There is no outcome that doesn't leave him as being a violent criminal.  Sure the impulse was understandable, but it in no way justifies what he has done.  There is no way to undo this or get back to a character that I want to ever see again.

And then there is Maggie.  How could she possibly be so dumb?  Has she lived under a rock somewhere never seeing basic common sense behavior in a work setting?  I think we are supposed to think she is "cute".  Writing her this way is as tone deaf as Maggie is at that radio station.

• Love 9

So the show has just dropped the story of Regina's concussion. Is that what I should assume? It just disappeared along with COVID? Got it. Cool. Also, we're never going to see Tyrell again are we? I'm not necessarily complaining or celebrating I'm just trying to figure out how many cast members we've lost either permanently or temporarily: Delilah, Danny, Charlie, Tyrell, and Darcy.

15 minutes ago, pianogirl73 said:

Wasn't the hit and run in the parking lot of a bar? Why would a mother take her baby out for a ride and end up in the parking lot of a bar?

Eddie had left the bar and was walking across the street when he got hit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Suzn said:

I agree that two minutes of Theo is within tolerance (barely).  But no more about his crush.

I really hate the word crush. Do kids today really say things like "my crush"? Using the word as a noun? When I was a teen the phrase was "I have a crush on...." But no one I knew actually said that. They just said they liked someone.  

• Love 7
5 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

It’s Friday and the radio station doesn’t have someone in place for Monday’s show???

I thought the same thing.  Maggie is on the 'short list' for the job but apparently, there have thus far been no interviews, no checking of references or any of the other basics of hiring.  So, they are somehow going to pare down the list, do the necessary background checks and get the new radio host on air in 2 days?  And apparently everyone they're looking at is currently unemployed and doesn't have to give notice at a current job.  The writers on this show must be from Mars, its the only explanation for their lack of knowledge of basic facts of modern life.

2 hours ago, marceline said:

So the show has just dropped the story of Regina's concussion. Is that what I should assume? It just disappeared along with COVID? Got it. Cool. Also, we're never going to see Tyrell again are we? I'm not necessarily complaining or celebrating I'm just trying to figure out how many cast members we've lost either permanently or temporarily: Delilah, Danny, Charlie, Tyrell, and Darcy.

I'm starting to think they're paring it down to save some money as the show is borderline for cancellation.

• Love 8

At this point I have to ask myself why I’m still watching this. The only characters left who I really like are Rome, Regina, and Katherine. I also liked Danny and Katherine’s lawyer friend, but Danny’s probably gone to France for good and the lawyer probably won’t be seen again either. Tyrell was okay, but it doesn’t look like he’ll be back anytime soon.

Gary’s always been irritating with his frat-boy act and anger management issue. His friends seem to think he’s so great, but he has a really questionable moral compass—I have NOT forgotten how he stole Colin from the lady he actually belongs to and passed off a lookalike. So I won’t miss him or feel the least bit sorry for him if he ends up in prison and off the show.

Maggie, for someone who’s supposedly so perceptive and empathetic, just keeps acting like a bigger and bigger dumbass—wouldn’t miss her if she went back to England and was never seen again. And I was always kind of meh on Darcy, so I won’t miss her, either. Liam was cool though.

As for Eddie, MAYBE the writers are finally starting to redeem him somewhat. At least he seems to have stopped feeling so sorry for himself. I don’t want to see him go on some sort of crusade to save the woman who hit him from her husband, because that could turn into a huge mess, but knowing how this show goes for the melodrama…

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, CarpeFelis said:

As for Eddie, MAYBE the writers are finally starting to redeem him somewhat. At least he seems to have stopped feeling so sorry for himself. I don’t want to see him go on some sort of crusade to save the woman who hit him from her husband, because that could turn into a huge mess, but knowing how this show goes for the melodrama…

I just want him to return her money in some way that her husband doesn't see it (because I can't see that ending well); but he knows where she works, so that shouldn't be hard.

• Love 6

Thinking of Maggie's "job"--

Yeah, wouldn't they be trying other candidates as well? I mean, look at what Jeopardy did. Granted, the person they ended up choosing had to step down even before his first show, but they had candidates host Jeopardy until they got someone.

So, in order to fill something like a radio position, I don't think it would be "Well, you've been on air for two weeks. You're on the short list." Unless Maggie has a highlight reel or something (and, no, a podcast does not count!), they should have had her for two weeks, someone else for two weeks, a third person for two weeks, maybe even a fourth person for two weeks, and test the audience reactions.

Because what would the audience be reacting to? They've just heard one temp candidate.

• Love 7

Eddie's story is the only semi-interesting storyline to me right now, so he had better stay paralyzed. The last thing this shitty show needs is a soap-operatic miraculous healing. (Looking at you, Downton Abbey. And Glee. And Lost. And a million other examples of the Throwing Off the Disabillity trope.)

How cheap, lazy, and manipulative to make the woman who hit him to be a victim of domestic violence. Was that really necessary? It would've been stronger if she had just gotten distracted and made a mistake that took away his ability to walk for ever. But noooo, that's just not sappy enough, I guess.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, historylover820 said:

So, in order to fill something like a radio position, I don't think it would be "Well, you've been on air for two weeks. You're on the short list." Unless Maggie has a highlight reel or something (and, no, a podcast does not count!), they should have had her for two weeks, someone else for two weeks, a third person for two weeks, maybe even a fourth person for two weeks, and test the audience reactions.

One of the long-time morning show guys on the local rock radio station left (several years ago, now), and they had four or five candidates each do a week with the other host. I would imagine there were more applicants and those were just the short list who they decided to give a chance on air. One of them was unlistenable to me (I would have changed my alarm clock to a different station if they picked her; guessing I'm not the only one since she didn't get the job); the guy who got the job is still there.

They must have other people looking to get into that slot. Hell, they could change it to a different kind of show altogether. They don't have to have a psych-advice show, do they?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, pianogirl73 said:

Wasn't the hit and run in the parking lot of a bar? Why would a mother take her baby out for a ride and end up in the parking lot of a bar?

And this is why, boys and girls, we're not allowed to eat in the car.  The car isn't a restaurant or the dining table.  Don't forget to eat all your vegetables or else you aren't getting any dessert.  It's all this woman's fault to begin with because she let her baby eat applesauce in the car.  And winds up in a bar parking lot.

5 hours ago, marceline said:

Eddie had left the bar and was walking across the street when he got hit.

Don't forget Liam.  Unless he runs away from Lenox and ends up back in Boston . . .

• Love 2
5 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I really hate the word crush. Do kids today really say things like "my crush"? Using the word as a noun? When I was a teen the phrase was "I have a crush on...." But no one I knew actually said that. They just said they liked someone.  

The only crush I knew of as a kid was Orange Crush.  A crush on someone was something that foolish teenagers had and they called it puppy love.  Yes, we just liked someone, no nouns involved.

Look, I don't care that Gary had a part in what happened to Peter. I just care about how dumb his handling of it afterward was. You keep everything true to life except the crime. There's no need to lie about knowing Chris Gregory - especialy when the detective knows you know about Lyla Gregory's diary.

Come on Gary. Learn how to crime better.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I don’t think we’re going to necessarily get a blackmail plot. I think that Peter is going to tell Gary that he won’t turn them in if they don’t turn Peter in. Everyone will know nothing and no one goes to jail.

3 minutes ago, CrystalBlue said:

The only crush I knew of as a kid was Orange Crush.  A crush on someone was something that foolish teenagers had and they called it puppy love.  Yes, we just liked someone, no nouns involved.

My 9 year old does. 

6 hours ago, pianogirl73 said:

It was the street outside the bar.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

One of the long-time morning show guys on the local rock radio station left (several years ago, now), and they had four or five candidates each do a week with the other host. I would imagine there were more applicants and those were just the short list who they decided to give a chance on air. One of them was unlistenable to me (I would have changed my alarm clock to a different station if they picked her; guessing I'm not the only one since she didn't get the job); the guy who got the job is still there.

They must have other people looking to get into that slot. Hell, they could change it to a different kind of show altogether. They don't have to have a psych-advice show, do they?

Maybe that lady was just messing with Maggie's mind!  She really gave her a parting zinger in the elevator.  She Knows Who Told Rachel in HR!  There is no short list!  Monday morning Maggie will be jobless again.  Serves her right.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

The plots thicken.  Gary found his hat!  Gary and Darcy are kaput and now it's just Gary and Colin again.  Clearing the way for a Gary and Maggie reunion once more.  Bah humbug.  Cracked me up when the lady told Maggie she knew, in her own way, as the elevator doors closed.

So it's official:  Eddie is in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.  But it's a TV show --anything can happen.

I detect a blackmail plot brewing.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Suzn said:

I think we are supposed to think she is "cute".  Writing her this way is as tone deaf as Maggie is at that radio station.

You don’t thinks she’s cute? She’s adorable!! Look how much she likes the cake! “You’re in the room with Maggie Bloom.” It doesn’t get cuter than that. 

Have any of you seen this actress in anything else? She’s AWFUL.

The Darcy actress in her final scene proved you can even elevate “A Scene with Gary” by focusing on your scene partner, instead of thinking the entire time, “Look how cute and quirky I am, everybody!”

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, jqdeco said:

Why can nothing good ever happen to these people?  Rome has an offer to sell his movie but of course it can’t just be a great offer.  There always has to be a catch.

Agree and agree. I don't know how contracts between artists and agents happen but if an artist can allow agents to make decisions and sign contracts for them, then agents must be the fastest growing profession out there, full of grifters, creating starving artists. 

I liked Darcy just a little, mostly because I am tired of veteran PTSD stories - which I think are important but that shows don't really do well. I am happy she end things up though. Good for her. 

10 hours ago, Suzn said:

I think we are supposed to think she is "cute".  Writing her this way is as tone deaf as Maggie is at that radio station.

Yeah, I thought exactly that, the writers wanting Maggie t be "cute". It is so pathetic, she comes across as not only not-cute, but immature and annoying. She is like a child, not even a teenager, in awe of a work place where she was takes to "play grown up". At this point I think the writers are just messing with the character on purpose, making it a joke or something. They cannot really believe they are doing a good job with her.

6 hours ago, CleoCaesar said:

Eddie's story is the only semi-interesting storyline to me right now, so he had better stay paralyzed. The last thing this shitty show needs is a soap-operatic miraculous healing. (Looking at you, Downton Abbey. And Glee. And Lost. And a million other examples of the Throwing Off the Disabillity trope.)

How cheap, lazy, and manipulative to make the woman who hit him to be a victim of domestic violence. Was that really necessary? It would've been stronger if she had just gotten distracted and made a mistake that took away his ability to walk for ever. But noooo, that's just not sappy enough, I guess.

Yeah, I hope they do keep Eddie in the wheelchair (they won't will they? They will probably having Theo in danger of falling off a stool, or being temporarily blinded by glitter, and Eddie will be so desperate to "save" him, he will miraculously get up and run to the kid). Love will "defeat disability" - I am being only half-sarcastic.

Not only is the story of "regret and forgiveness" ridiculous (abused victim, saintly victim of victim), it is one of the most unrealistic things even for this show. Jails are full of abused victims. Eddie says "don't pity me" just to turn around and pity the woman. The writers have no sense of irony, do they?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

And this is why, boys and girls, we're not allowed to eat in the car.  The car isn't a restaurant or the dining table.  Don't forget to eat all your vegetables or else you aren't getting any dessert.  It's all this woman's fault to begin with because she let her baby eat applesauce in the car.  And winds up in a bar parking lot.

And if you do drop something, leave it there until you can pull over. I'd rather have to get my car cleaned than kill someone.

5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Recycled Elaine Benes subplot.

I know this is a Seinfeld reference but that's all I got.

3 hours ago, circumvent said:

She is like a child, not even a teenager, in awe of a work place where she was takes to "play grown up". 

I was more mature when I went to work with my mom as a kid. I'd get to sit at an empty desk in her office and play with the colored copy paper. Or else I'd read a book or do homework. 

3 hours ago, circumvent said:

or being temporarily blinded by glitter

🤣🤣🤣 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, CleoCaesar said:

Maybe he can tell Gary about the husband and he can arrange to have him beaten into a coma. (It kills me to type that - Gary was my favourite character and I haaaaaaaaaate this storyline). At this point I would absolutely not be surprised to see Gary and the hit and run woman end up romantically involved after he (or Gary) saves her from the abusive husband.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, ams1001 said:

Yeah, WTF was with all the cake?

I don't know, but I know it made me want a piece...or two.

18 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

It’s Friday and the radio station doesn’t have someone in place for Monday’s show???

I guess they practice Just In Time staffing. 😉

16 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Yep. Still team Gary after all this time. Did he break the law? Sure did. Would I have done the same thing if someone sexually assaulted my God daughter? You bet your ass I would. 

My inclination would to act on my anger as well, however I also know that doing that would only traumatize my child more.  So that would stay my hand.

12 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

At this point I have to ask myself why I’m still watching this. The only characters left who I really like are Rome, Regina, and Katherine. I also liked Danny and Katherine’s lawyer friend, but Danny’s probably gone to France for good and the lawyer probably won’t be seen again either. Tyrell was okay, but it doesn’t look like he’ll be back anytime soon.

I liked Katherine's friend until they made him do a 180 and turned him into an entitled jerk.

12 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I just want him to return her money in some way that her husband doesn't see it (because I can't see that ending well); but he knows where she works, so that shouldn't be hard.

Didn't he apply for a job at the place she works?

31 minutes ago, Pristine said:

My closed captioning actually said Rachel Fromychar.

So did mine, which I think is why I heard it that way. I'll have to listen again and see if I hear it differently without the closed captions.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Clanstarling said:

I liked Katherine's friend until they made him do a 180 and turned him into an entitled jerk.

Didn't he apply for a job at the place she works?

So did mine, which I think is why I heard it that way. I'll have to listen again and see if I hear it differently without the closed captions.

I’d forgotten that about Katherine’s friend.

I watch with CC turned on too. (Seems like too many shows these days either have the background music louder than the dialogue, or characters don’t enunciate very clearly. I still pick up on noises my husband doesn’t even hear, so I don’t think it’s just me.) What I noticed was that not only did CC say Fromychar, but she sort of mumbled it, too.

• Love 2

Oh, Gary. The web he weaves just keeps getting bigger. Can’t blame Darcy for leaving him. Poor Liam — it’s like the kid almost has to go through another divorce.

My prediction is that he won’t go along with Peter’s blackmail deal, so they’ll both go to jail…but Peter will have to serve more time (and consequently lose his family, career, prestige, everything). Maybe Gary will do some sort of plea deal, so his jail time will be shorter and mostly offscreen between a finale and a premiere. But I just don’t see the show not serving justice where Peter is concerned. And I don’t think Gary would allow Peter to get away with it; I think he’d “sacrifice himself” to get justice for Sophie (especially since he’s already lost Darcy).

Of course Regina takes it upon herself to change the recipe at a chain restaurant. Get over yourself. Also her cook friend said she had to go to jail for some bad credit card charges? What does THAT mean??

Maggie’s cake looked gross. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Chanandler Bong said:

Of course Regina takes it upon herself to change the recipe at a chain restaurant. Get over yourself. Also her cook friend said she had to go to jail for some bad credit card charges? What does THAT mean??

I  like Regina, but why don't these people seem to understand how the world works.  Changing a recipe in a chain restaurant is just plain dumb.  

Then we have Maggie who has no idea how to act on a job.

I would say that every one of them has shown ignorance of basic behavior.  It's like they just arrived from another country or maybe another planet.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Chanandler Bong said:

It means she used someone's stolen credit card to buy things.

• Love 5

Of course the lady who hit Eddie is a domestic abuse victim who was hiding from her abusive husband when she hit him. Of course Regina's new work friend was just released from prison and is struggling, because every damn person these people meet are going through some kind of dramatic social issue that of course our main characters must now get involved in. If they just met a random person who had a very chill sort of life with minimal drama, they would have no idea how to even talk to them. This show cant just have one tragedy, we have to build them on top of each other like melodrama Jenga.  

I just do not get why the show went in this direction with Gary, its such strange and disturbing plot for a show like this. The scene between Gary and the cop seemed like it was from a totally different show, and the cop was the main character while Gary is the smug asshole who he knows is the crook but just cant prove it. Why is Gary being so obviously suspicious? Why is he acting like such a tool towards the guy who is clearly on his tail instead of being cooperative? Gary clearly has serious anger issues underneath all of his jokes, and his calmness over what he did is just creepy, no matter how horrible Peter is. I am sad to lose Darcy, but I don't at all blame her for not wanting to really start a life with this guy. Gary is frequently a lot, which was often annoying, but now he's a million times worse. 

I guess now Eddie is alright with getting run over because the woman who hit him has an even bigger sob story then he does? At least Eddie seems to be doing better, but I still wish that this story was better than it is. Now Eddie doesn't even get justice for what happened to him because he feels bad for the woman he hit him, and knowing this show, will probably end up trying to save her from her abusive husband. She cant just be a person who got distracted and then panicked, she has to have a whole big dramatic sad story so that we can all feel bad for her, especially the guy she ran over.

Every person in this show is a total idiot. Regina is an idiot for thinking that she can just mess with food at a chain restaurant and that it will all be fine because she's a main character. Rome's agent is either an idiot or deliberately trying to sabotage him for not realizing what was happening to the movie, especially considering how quickly the festival guy realized what was going on. Maggie is the biggest idiot though, gossiping about her coworkers to some random person she just met. I also must have better hearing then Maggie does, I totally heard her say that she was from HR, and even if she misheard her that was a ridiculously stupid thing to do. Of course she will still get her job despite her being incompetent, selfish, an d stupid though, because Maggie is so gosh darn adorable damn it. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 8