Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Pinocchio

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Maybe he can tell Gary about the husband and he can arrange to have him beaten into a coma. (It kills me to type that - Gary was my favourite character and I haaaaaaaaaate this storyline). At this point I would absolutely not be surprised to see Gary and the hit and run woman end up romantically involved after he (or Gary) saves her from the abusive husband.

I believe I've already called it that Eddie and hit-and-run lady become an item.  Didn't think about Gary, but that's a good one too!  Maybe they will become a love triangle, or love square because she's married to the evil abuser.

I also have the solution as to what happens to Gary and keeps him out of jail or prison.  Gary dusts off his passport, or applies for one if he doesn't already have one, TV Magic Land gives Gary a new job overseas, and he and Maggie run off together to England so Maggie can continue her Oxford studies.  Gary has not even been detained, or arrested, let alone convicted of a crime, so timing is perfect.  Before the newly reunited couple leave, they stop by Wesley's original owner and present the real Wesley and now the lady has two dogs.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Maybe that lady was just messing with Maggie's mind!  She really gave her a parting zinger in the elevator.  She Knows Who Told Rachel in HR!  There is no short list!  Monday morning Maggie will be jobless again.  Serves her right.

If she thinks Maggie was serious about the "hostile work environment" comment, she may feel she has to hire Maggie. Otherwise Maggie could sue for retribution or something. But if the audience tests show people hate Maggie, that is data to back up the firing!

Didn't Maggie used to have actual patients that she treated? Has she given up on being a real therapist in exchange for the radio?

• Love 6

I don’t have enough faith in the writers to think they’d ace portraying it but there’s an interesting irony and complexity to be explored in Maggie’s actual job as a therapist requiring being good at interpersonal interactions and yet she completely effs up interpersonal interactions at her workplace (and, let’s be real, other places too.).  Doctor, heal thyself!

• Love 6
3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

If she thinks Maggie was serious about the "hostile work environment" comment, she may feel she has to hire Maggie. Otherwise Maggie could sue for retribution or something. But if the audience tests show people hate Maggie, that is data to back up the firing!

Didn't Maggie used to have actual patients that she treated? Has she given up on being a real therapist in exchange for the radio?

Maggie can't sue for jack shit.  She was hired as a two-week temporary only.  She's lucky she lasted that long what with her telling weather and traffic guy to basically fuck off because she's more important.

• Love 6

Yeah, just like Gina's situation--

If her boss fired her (or fired her new work buddy who took the blame) for playing around with the menu, she would not be able to sue them. Because Gina would be fired for cause and insubordination.

Maggie is a temp and can be let go when the job is fulfilled.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, historylover820 said:

If her boss fired her (or fired her new work buddy who took the blame) for playing around with the menu, she would not be able to sue them. Because Gina would be fired for cause and insubordination.

She wouldn't be able to sue but insubordination would not factor in this situation. She probably signed a contract that states that she needs to follow the recipes and the manager doesn't even need to think hard to justify anything. But obviously, as we all know, the "family" is just too perfect and they would all come together to make sure she is hired again and that not only the franchise, but the whole chain, changes the recipe because it is soooo much better

• Love 4
On 10/15/2021 at 12:54 AM, CrystalBlue said:

Don't forget Liam.  Unless he runs away from Lenox and ends up back in Boston . . .

I'm actually going to miss Liam a bit. He had more basic sense than 95 percent of the main characters.

• Love 3

I was thrilled that Darcy dumped Gary due to his actions. But to then encourage him to remember the Jeopardy question so that he had an alibi? That upset me. You'd think instead that she'd try to make him take responsibility for his actions.

And this is why, boys and girls, we're not allowed to eat in the car.

Just what I said at the time. No food in the car!

• Love 3