Type keyword(s) to search

Ultimate Girls Trip: Season 1

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I dont think Lu has to follow some Girl code. the guy obvi  wasnt into Ramona all the girls could tell  ... and Ramona did nothing but attack Luanne and call her a slut the day before ... there is no girl code after that i dont think ...

You have a point about Lu and the girl code but she sat at the table and conspired to get John's attention.

Frankly, after really looking at John he is just meh...single, no kids, can still drive at night (lol), he is okay looking but geographically undesirable, Lu should have pulled her flirting schtick on a NY local guy where there would have been more of a chance to date.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

You have a point about Lu and the girl code but she sat at the table and conspired to get John's attention.

Frankly, after really looking at John he is just meh...single, no kids, can still drive at night (lol), he is okay looking but geographically undesirable, Lu should have pulled her flirting schtick on a NY local guy where there would have been more of a chance to date.

Lu became infinitely more attracted to him when she saw his house on a private beach. Oh, and I don't think she's looking to date him, she probably just wants an invitation back to Turks & Caicos!!

You have to admit, girl's got game. While obvious, she's a natural flirt and he readily accepted her phone number. Whereas, Ramona's so damn awkward.  Lu throws it out there. If they bite, great, if not, she moves on. Ramona can't read people/vibes, it's almost cringeworthy to watch.

After Ramona's comments to Lu the day prior and her past behavior, I didn't blame Lu one bit for harmlessly flirting with John. Girl code does not apply, Ramona's never been involved with John.  And, as others mentioned,, it was obvious to everyone (expect Ramona) that he had no interest in her. 

Ramona's far more aggressively shut out other women in past flirtatious situations, remember when she first met John?  He also seemed genuinely interested in talking to Lu about Canada, the first time I've spotted any glimpse of a personality. 

I do agree though that Kenya was just being straight spiteful & vindictive.  Can't quite figure her out.

Edited by snarts
spelling
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

But it was just to flirt and get under Ramona's skin .. it wasn't to cock block Ramona because the dude wasn't into her.. it be different IF she knew the guy liked Mona and still went after him ..Plus after all the years of Ramona being the worst i say you get what you give and she can kick rocks :)

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 11

I really was willing to give Kenya a chance in this different environment (I didn't watch Dancing With The Stars, so no idea what she was like on it), but I still don't like her. Ramona is also a dirt bag (don't like her, either), but that dinner was just downright nasty. Wow. And then I watched some of the WWHL with all of the cast and one of the questions was, "Who voted for Kenya on Dancing With The Stars" and Ramona raised her hand and said she posted stuff to vote to her followers on social media, as well. I was absolutely shocked. My petty ass would have been voting for everyone BUT Kenya after what happened LOL.

• Love 11

Hey Kenya, remember when you provoked Portia at one of the ATL reunions?  Yeah, slapping that glass out of Ramona's hand wasn't a good look for you either.  I think Kenya scratched Ramona's arm.  And she was THAT provoked by Ramona saying fuck you to her?!?  Um, alrighty then.  I would think she hears that on a daily basis

Look, I believe Ramona has some serious issues and if she blamed some of her behavior on drinking too much, perhaps she should take a page out of Lu's book (but I'm not convinced she is sober either).  

Actually do these women know their past behavior has been recorded and broadcast on national tv? Tre telling Lu she needed to stick up for herself and not let Ramona say mean things about her?  This the woman who fipiied a table and called somebody a prostitution whore?  I don't watch NJ to ATL anymore but I think they have all had their moments.

Then Kenya age-shaming Ramona?  Serious question, is that okay?  Let's see, we can't slut shame, gender shame, race shame, weight shame, shoe size shame (and what else am I missing) but it is okay to age shame?  Kenya, Ramona got your goat.  She is not impressed with you.  Own THAT.

I think this trip may be the final nail in Ramona's coffin' I would not be surprised if she did not return to NY whenever it returns.  

• Love 13

I cannot bear Kenya's hate campaign against Ramona.  It's intolerable.  It's not fun to watch at all. I can't deal with it.  Kenya is a monster.  I am getting Kelly Bensimon flashbacks.  

I hate how much I'm liking Kyle on this show!  Because she can be so horrible on RHOBH.  I don't know why she doesn't just act like THIS!

8 hours ago, Neeners said:

My petty ass would have been voting for everyone BUT Kenya after what happened LOL.

Seriously, F*** Kenya

By the way, an episode of Project Runway just aired where the designers got into a car accident.  Seeing everyone in that car but Kyle refusing to put their seatbelt on made me feel ill.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 13

Okay this is a girls' trip and the HB (I won't add the IC because I don't think she deserves it) of BH is bringing in her husband. 😒  Not cool. I wish Karen from Potomac would be there to call her out on it. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 11/30/2021 at 2:19 AM, UniqBlue69 said:

3 pgs and no one has snarked on the terrible ripped from a 90s nickelodeon sitcom sounding theme song?! Y'all are slippin 😂

😅😅  I actually really like it! 

• Love 5

E6 - Kenya... I don't mind her giving Ramona chit because it's long overdue BUT - John's dinner was not the time, not the place. Be better Kenya.  

Ramona "flirting" with John is ridiculous. He's being nice to her, but he will NEVER take her on as a mate, she should know this. If he's single, it's for a reason. Not really husband material. I don't even know if he'd shag her honestly given he can likely find a younger woman. I don't know. Ramona is horrible, and old enough to behave better. No shame to her age, but her immature mentality. Blah. It's too bad we don't see a different side of her on this trip - like some of the other ladies who are coming off better on this show vs their individual RH shows... (Kyle, Teresa, Melissa, briefly Kenya - lol). 

And dang - Luanne going after John, she's totally that woman in your circle of friends, who you tell you are interested in someone and then they go after that someone just because. Horrible... LOL. Now Luanne, John might shag... 

• Love 12

On Atlanta, I always pulled for Kenya.  I always took into account how her mother abandoned her, and what it must of done to her life.  I also think she is very intelligent and I like that.  BUT on UGT she is a monster.  I hate her.  That demonic laugh she has after she has laid Ramona low, is too much.  To, on purpose, publicly humiliate anyone, is gutter trash to me.  Interesting that she zooms in on Luann to be her friend, and they are getting along just famously.  Smart move for Kenya, as she can continue to whisper sweet curses on Ramona.  She is revolting.  Done and done.  Did she ever apologize to Ramona for grabbing her arm?  Simple assault where I live, or grounds to get your ass beat. 

At this point, Ramona is humiliating herself and needs to get off tv.  Put the old gray mare out to pasture, because I don't want to watch people's minds evaporate.  And where are those 50 friends of hers to hang with? 

It's really kind of hard to say which is worse, but I have to go with Kenya.  Everyone knows Ramona is the village idiot, but Kenya is cold blooded calculating, vengeful and smart.  A deadly combo.

From what I've read, it seems after filming this, Cynthia and Kenya's relationship has gone a very different direction and not a closer one.  I think Cynthia's feelings were really hurt by Kenya, and Kenya is too into herself to care.  It's all about the Benjamin's to Kenya.  Famewhore deluxe.

Loving Kyle (SHOCK) Teresa (SHOCK) I always like Melissa, she seems pretty benign. 

I've always liked Luann, but I wish she wasn't all up Kenya's ass...and vice-versa.

Edited by Shannah Banana
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17

Surprised that Teresa has been the Greek chorus, but she’s making me laugh. I love that she compares everything to The Godfather and   Carlito’s Way!

Luann reminds me of a friend I have who is tall and confident (always has to walk in the room first!) so that dinner was cringe. Luann does have an AMAZING body and would be fun to sit next to at a dinner party, and I love her sense of adventure (going in the hamster wheel thing on the beach).

Now we know why Kyle has been more relaxed than usual. She knew she was getting laid at some point! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 11/22/2021 at 11:28 PM, RealHousewife said:

Haha I always wish I had the kind of glam these gals do! I can do a decent job on my own face, but nothing too fancy. I have always been in awe of Cynthia's beauty though. Makeup can only enhance what's already there, and her bone structure and features are very beautiful. 

1299808d650d6cb7e9443d3ffab00588.jpg

I think she is absolutely beautiful, even when she gains weight. She talks about fighting with that, too, which I appreciate. Very few of them seem to do that sincerely. I know Kenya did a season or so ago. 

The middle age spread is a thing and if you like to eat …

She shows too much cleavage for my tastes but to me she looks good in everything. 

• Love 7

I love that Michael is not even pretending not to abhor Ramona. He is so over her.

Someone above mentioned she is one of the oldest house wives. She is the oldest house wife, I'm sure at 65.  Unless you count Mama Joyce from Atlanta.  

I was cracking up at her trying to pose sexily at the beach and further exacerbating Michael.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

I love that Michael is not even pretending not to abhor Ramona. He is so over her.

Someone above mentioned she is one of the oldest house wives. She is the oldest house wife, I'm sure at 65.  Unless you count Mama Joyce from Atlanta.  

I was cracking up at her trying to pose sexily at the beach and further exacerbating Michael.

Mama Joyce isn’t a housewife 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I think she is absolutely beautiful, even when she gains weight. She talks about fighting with that, too, which I appreciate. Very few of them seem to do that sincerely. I know Kenya did a season or so ago. 

The middle age spread is a thing and if you like to eat …

She shows too much cleavage for my tastes but to me she looks good in everything. 

Agree. There are so many beautiful Real Housewives, but Cynthia might be the most gorgeous imo. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Kenya is my type, she might be the most beautiful to me.  Unfortunately I hate her personality, and like all of them, she's had too much work done.

I think she is gorgeous, too. She has a lot going for her but the nastiness is just too much. I think Atlanta with Cynthia, Kenya, and Porsha had the most attractive cast overall. (Now Kyle is pissed at me for the ranking. lol )

Lou is up there, too. She looks great for her age and does not look plastic like so many of them. 

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Kenya is my type, she might be the most beautiful to me.  Unfortunately I hate her personality, and like all of them, she's had too much work done.

I think Kenya is physically beautiful but haven't seen enough of her yet to know about her personality. I thought Joanna Krupa was a Housewife who was crazy beautiful on the outside but could be mean girl. 

I do love me some Gone with the Wind Fabulous! lol Her body is so sick. I can see why she was Miss America. 😉

1576520025-tumblr_mglorwBCMy1qbbb7uo6_25

• Love 3

I’m on ep 6 now and Ramona is terrible of course but ganging up on her isn’t nice. I don’t like that kind of stuff. It makes me feel bad for her.

Seemed like they took a million pics at the beach. It was kind of annoying lol.

Michael still annoys me. 

Teresa Melissa and Kyle have been my faves. They get Ramona is not great but aren’t into the bullying. Or at least they don’t seem to be from what we’ve seen.

Kyles story about the black tie dinner made a bit more sense when she demonstrated it lol.

John looked like he felt uncomfortable when Kenya started the stories at dinner.

Kenya is a horrible person. Luann being up her ass is not a good look. Too mean girl for me.

• Love 11

Dammit show! Don't make me feel sorry for Ramona!

I think we can all agree Ramona is an irritating embarrassing asshole much of the time, but even if deserved, I don't like to see gang-ups on people. That just never feels nice. John wasn't into her anyway, but Lu and Kenya teaming up to go all junior-high mean girl wasn't a good look. Not having seen Atlanta, I had no read on Kenya, but now I can see why people strongly dislike her. She really gets great enjoyment out of being mean and hurting other people.

I was totally with Kyle on the picture-taking - how totally annoying.

I would have tried one of those floating hamster balls just for the hell of it.

Maybe I would like Cynthia in another context, but she was a major Debbie downer this trip.

The rest of this ep was unmemorable to me.

Edited by Cheezwiz
  • Love 13

I think this is what bugs me Ramona can be/is so nasty, Talks down to people, treats people like trash, and less then, calls people sluts, makes nasty digs, she once threw a glass at someone’s face, is selfish and demanding that the ladies give her what she wants is dismissive and has been shown to be classiest and racist has hell calls people by others names and then laughs about it etc etc but the min someone gets fed up and fights back it’s oh poor Ramona. No! She gets what she gives. It’s not bullying when this woman has been able to do this for years and gets around ladies that don’t put up with it. Point blank period.

Being held accountable and held to task for her shitty (sometimes literally) behavior and semi giving her a dose of her own medicine is not bullying. She’s not some innocent babe in the woods who just gets attacked. She literally was dismissive and rude as fuck to Kenya from jump. Kenya gave her a chance and Ramona took that has I can continue to treat her this way and Kenya snapped and said no more and went on the defense (good for her if this was Atlanta she would have snapped episodes ago). The dude wasn’t into Ramona so who cares who flirted she doesn’t have dibs. And she has attempted to cock block herself plenty of times on the New York franchise … I just can’t 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I get that Ramona can be bad for several reasons but Kenya hasn't experienced any of that.  So no, I can't understand this treatment by Kenya.  It's fucking weird.  It's like Kenya has an obsession with Ramona.  It's creepy and it feels demented.

Also, just because Ramona can be bad doesn't mean that you should be bad to her.  Why would you want to stoop to her level?  It doesn't make me look kindly upon Kenya as a person, not at all.  

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I get that Ramona can be bad for several reasons but Kenya hasn't experienced any of that.

She cursed at Kenya and was calling her someone else's name within the first 10min of them meeting.. then said fuck you on the boat trip when Kenya was defending Luanne about sleeping with someone on the first date.. she has watched Ramona bully her way into the room and talk down to all the ladies... she has experienced it

With Ramona you have to get down on her level because she will just talk you in circles and fake cry and apologize and then do the same thing to you again... that was Kenya giving her the ok lets let the her calling me someone else's name and cursing at me on the plane thing slide .. then when Ramona told her to fuck you on the boat was the straw that made her defensive and pull out the you wanna play with me we will play ...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

She cursed at Kenya and was calling her someone else's name within the first 10min of them meeting.. then said fuck you on the boat trip when Kenya was defending Luanne about sleeping with someone on the first date.. she has watched Ramona bully her way into the room and talk down to all the ladies... she has experienced it

With Ramona you have to get down on her level because she will just talk you in circles and fake cry and apologize and then do the same thing to you again... that was Kenya giving her the ok lets let the her calling me someone else's name and cursing at me on the plane thing slide .. then when Ramona told her to fuck you on the boat was the straw that made her defensive and pull out the you wanna play with me we will play ...

I hear you but didn’t Kenya instigate on the plane first? I feel like Ramona was trying to share a fun story and Kenya was all over her with “You flirted as a married woman” or some such nonsense and Ramona in her frustration blurted out “no bitch” I may be misremembering but I recall Kenya trying to shame and trap her in a gotcha moment. In every instance, Kenya brings this energy where I would feel like I am walking on eggshells. It doesn’t excuse Ramona’s absolute lack of manners but at least, it feels harmless compared to Kenya’s retaliation. 

Everyone except Lu was uncomfortable during the dinner and I felt for Ramona especially when John admitted he would rather everyone was happy in response to Kenya.

Edited by Rambunctiouscurls
  • Love 10

Kenya is a bad person.  She was the reason I quit watching ATL.  She also strikes me as being as big as a linebacker so I don't think she is physically attractive either.  Ramona isn't all there but I want to see some consequence for Kenya's assault on Ramona.

As I said, I don't watch ATL anymore so I don't really care all the much about her, other than to call her "Wig."  Doesn't she have some sort of hair line?  Yep, Wig, the big bully.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, albarino said:

Kenya is a bad person.  She was the reason I quit watching ATL.  She also strikes me as being as big as a linebacker so I don't think she is physically attractive either.  Ramona isn't all there but I want to see some consequence for Kenya's assault on Ramona.

As I said, I don't watch ATL anymore so I don't really care all the much about her, other than to call her "Wig."  Doesn't she have some sort of hair line?  Yep, Wig, the big bully.

I have met her IRL. Granted it was 20+ years ago and much closer in time to her title, but she was not big - either extremely tall or broad. Don't know how thick she is now that she's had a child, but she was tallish (5'9 or thereabouts)but certainly well under 6ft in heels, and was healthy, not too fat or too slender. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Rambunctiouscurls said:

I hear you but didn’t Kenya instigate on the plane first? I feel like Ramona was trying to share a fun story and Kenya was all over her with “You flirted as a married woman” or some such nonsense and Ramona in her frustration blurted out “no bitch” I may be misremembering but I recall Kenya trying to shame and trap her in a gotcha moment. In every instance, Kenya brings this energy where I would feel like I am walking on eggshells. It doesn’t excuse Ramona’s absolute lack of manners but at least, it feels harmless compared to Kenya’s retaliation. 

Everyone except Lu was uncomfortable during the dinner and I felt for Ramona especially when John admitted he would rather everyone was happy in response to Kenya.

Kenya was called Porscha repeatedly Ramona knew her name I’m sorry then Ramona cursed at her … she was being glib to be glib to one of the only two black women on the trip with them and was being a bitch by calling her the wrong name. If she didn’t have a history of this it be a different story but again google it she has a history of it (again she is beyond racist) Kenya tabled it and gave her the benefit of the doubt and tried to movie on then the fuck you boat thing.  I’m sorry all bets are off  

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 3

In the whole Ramona vs. Kenya thing, I see Ramona as just entirely self-absorbed and not as much purposefully hurtful, if that makes sense. Everything is about her - if someone is a slut it is because she isn’t, in her eyes. All she can see about a guy helping her with her luggage is that he is supposed to help her. So, yeah. She is an asshole.

Kenya has much better social graces, I think, when she wants to. But she can also be so vicious, moreso than Ramona. She is an asshole, too. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, albarino said:

Kenya is a bitch, but she plays up her villain persona. I do think she’s attractive. If this is the body of a linebacker, sign me up.

F3D08536-5330-4A6F-9D84-B3C1F6877D2C.jpeg

• Love 8
On 12/7/2021 at 9:50 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

It's like Kenya has an obsession with Ramona.  It's creepy and it feels demented.

I feel like she came in with a plan on who she would target, and went after the most problematic person, thinking it would help her reputation. Bad news, girl. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, laprin said:

Kenya is a bitch, but she plays up her villain persona. I do think she’s attractive. If this is the body of a linebacker, sign me up

Well, she is at a side angle and has those ridiculous bolt-ons.  I'm also 5'9" and if I weighed 20 pounds more, I'd be a linebacker as well.  My guess is she is about 150 lbs; nothing less than 145.  I consider that linebacker territory.  But I would probably be more charitable if Kenya were a nicer person.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Marley said:

To me it’s not one or the other. Both Kenya and Ramona are horrible ppl. I can hate how Ramona behaves and Kenya’s mean girl shit at the same time lol.

Agree - they're both total assholes in slightly different ways. One does not negate the other. I wouldn't want to have anything to do with either one of them.

• Love 12
20 hours ago, nexxie said:

Anyone know when episode 7 - the finale - will be available?

Available today.

Finale was pretty light and fun - everyone happy, except Cynthia. Even Ramona and Kenya managed a bonding moment. 

I enjoyed this much more than the actual shows!

• Love 13

Ramona spent 7 days with Michael…greeting them everyday, leading excursions, serving as butler and entertainment coordinator for SEVEN days.  And Ramona called him “William” on day 7.  WTF is wrong with her?? Does she have alcoholic induced dementia from all her Pinot guzzling?  Why can’t she remember names of people she interacts with frequently?

Of course Luann had to break out her cabaret act on the beach.  I know money can’t buy me class, but can it buy me something to cure my second-hand embarrassment? 

• LOL 11
  • Love 7

I enjoyed the finale and the entire season.  I'm sad that the season is over.

Something that I like about Ramona is that whenever Luann "performs", she acts like a fan, automatically and immediately clapping and dancing.  Makes me laugh.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

I liked the season finale. Kind of wish there was more episodes.

Cynthia seemed off. Kenya has never been a great friend to her and I didn’t see anything that happened in this series that would be the final nail in the coffin. Unless I missed something.

Melissa Kyle and Teresa came off really well in this to me.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 7

Cynthia being so insecure, positioning herself as odd woman out, wasn't fun to watch. She was hoping to be voted prettiest...you could say Cynthia is the prettiest because she's beautiful on the outside and on the inside. Her humble brag only made her seem more bitter and desperate for compliments from the women. 

I'm over Monie blaming her childhood for being an asshole now. She's had 45 adult years with enough money to afford therapy, but she's such a narc she thinks she's a great person who has overcome. An abusive household is rough. Seeing your mom bloodied is horrifying. But half the people I know could share a similar story...and much worse...so no pass on current behavior from me.

Tre has your back for life...or until you piss you her off. Nothing less than the nasty Kenya deserves.

Lu was seriously mean girling it by flirting with John, but monie has no chance with him. He looked at her with as much passion as he might have for a slab of cement. Monie is oblivious because in her mind she's a fabulous, hot piece of man candy with an irresistible personality. She wishes she could be Lu alright...not because she's sexaully free, but because men dig her.

I don't think that was really Kyle. Not a single showoff of the splits.

Mel...no contrived storyline of Tarzan out on the town making you jelly? It's like you weren't even there.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

People might groan that I'm bringing this up, but now that we know that there could be multiple seasons of this (Season 2 is coming out at some point), I wish they called this show something OTHER than Ultimate Girls Trip.  I don't like when women are referred to as "Girls".  There's not even 20 year olds on this show, far from it.

They could call it something else.  It just makes me cringe.
I know that most of these women aren't actually Housewives, but I do kind of like that this franchise reclaimed that word and made it into something else.  It's no longer that outdated 1950s stereotype.  Now it means something glamourous and crazy and fun.  But "Girls".  Ugh.  It's so infantilizing.  

I feel like when a bunch of men go somewhere, they don't call it a "Boys Trip" you know what I mean?  Not that Bravo or any of these people give a shit about women or how they're portrayed or feminism.  But I'm speaking up nonetheless. 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

People might groan that I'm bringing this up, but now that we know that there could be multiple seasons of this (Season 2 is coming out at some point), I wish they called this show something OTHER than Ultimate Girls Trip.  I don't like when women are referred to as "Girls".  There's not even 20 year olds on this show, far from it.

They could call it something else.  It just makes me cringe.
I know that most of these women aren't actually Housewives, but I do kind of like that this franchise reclaimed that word and made it into something else.  It's no longer that outdated 1950s stereotype.  Now it means something glamourous and crazy and fun.  But "Girls".  Ugh.  It's so infantilizing.  

I feel like when a bunch of men go somewhere, they don't call it a "Boys Trip" you know what I mean?  Not that Bravo or any of these people give a shit about women or how they're portrayed or feminism.  But I'm speaking up nonetheless. 

I see what you;re saying, but "Women's trip" just doesn't sound right either. Whenever my girlfriends and I have a trip, we call it a girl's trip, or girl's weekend (and we're in our late 30's). My husband's trips with his friends are "guy's trip". 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

I see what you;re saying, but "Women's trip" just doesn't sound right either. Whenever my girlfriends and I have a trip, we call it a girl's trip, or girl's weekend (and we're in our late 30's). My husband's trips with his friends are "guy's trip". 

I understand that, I just think there are other options.  Even Ultimate Trip.

I know that the propensity is that whenever women do something together people classify it as "Girls".  Unfortunately that leaks over to the professional world too.  I just wish that that wasn't the natural tendency.  

It's everywhere -- Gone Girl, Good Girls, The Golden Girls, etc. etc. etc.  I know that not many people have this annoyance and maybe I have to move past it, I don't know.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don't mind the concept of "Girl's Trip" but it make my teeth hurt every time I hear one of the women on these shows refer to themselves as "girls". "Ladies", fine, "women", perfect. But "girls" when not nary one of y'all can recollect 40? I'm sorry, its inappropriate.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

"Girls trip" doesn't bother me. I do actually hear things like "boys night." Maybe that's why, but it does sound funny referring to a 50-something individual as a girl. As a 30-something woman though, I love being referred to as a girl. Makes me feel young. lol

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

imo “girls” and “boys” or “guys” is just more informal than “women” and “men” - and “ladies” doesn’t apply to most of these girls chicks. 

Edited by nexxie
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4