Type keyword(s) to search

Ultimate Girls Trip: Season 1

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The guy said he was married but he did not say if he was married to a man or a woman.

While I think Lu is a shameless flirt, she's single and he isn't so he's not much better. There was no reason for him to have her take the shot from his mouth. 

I could have gone my whole life without knowing that Ramona licked cannoli cream of Mario's dick.

• LOL 9
  • Love 15

Been reading everyone's comments for years but new to post so hope I'm doing this right.  But I am just wondering what happened to Kyle's allergy to horses?

Edited by Einstein
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Been reading everyone's comments for years but new to post so hope I'm doing this right.  But I am just wondering what happened to Kyle's allergy to horses?

I didn't remember she's allergic to horses. Maybe it's a selective allergy? Like, selective hearing? I wondered the same thing about her not making yet another scene about having to fly in a plane.

• Love 8

The thing I find most interesting about this trip is that we've entered a meta - and more honest - phase.

The trickiest thing about the shows now is that we can't talk about cameras or being on the show. Which, after 16 years, is a bit like ignoring a big pink elephant in the room.

This iteration is addressing that elephant - talking directly about Melissa's shady shenanigans to get on camera (thanks for proving Tre's point that you went on the show while you weren't speaking - sure you thought that would go well!) and Bethenny's choice to show Lu the Tom kissing pics on camera, as well as the overall impact being on TV has on your personal life. These are usually one-off questions at the tail end of a reunion, but I find that we are now seeing much more organic conversations by allowing these conversations about being on camera to take place during actual filming.

These women don't know each other and don't have much actual beef, so this is really the only compelling thing to focus on. I did think it was funny to watch them try to compare the merits of their franchises - Atlanta's number 1, NYC put the Housewives on the map, Tre defined the whole brand with the table flip... again, these are real conversations that make for great moments. I find it much more interesting than Sonja's drunken antics or half-baked beefs or concerted mean-girling efforts that have made the franchise fall far downhill these past few years.

If Bravo's paying attention, they'll focus on setups like this and pull back on the lunacy within each city/state. Otherwise, they're missing an opportunity. 

And can I also say - lovely to see real women's bodies. Mel is in great shape but she's no twig, and Lu is aging like a Greek goddess, but it's just refreshing to see women sunbathing and enjoying themselves without the likes of Rinna and Bethenny around. I wish Kyle could loosen up a bit. Also, way to put a target on your back and sound like an asshat, crying about being 125 pounds. 

• Love 24
3 hours ago, MaggieG said:

While I think Lu is a shameless flirt, she's single and he isn't so he's not much better. There was no reason for him to have her take the shot from his mouth. 

His Mum who is working in the kitchen (?) must be so proud to watch his married son shamelessly flirting with a housewife on camera. What is he thinking?

• Love 5

Wait. Ramona peed her pants but then doesn't change them and just goes back to the sofa and sits on it like nothing ever happened? 

Oh well, she does leave turds on her bathroom floor without bothering to pick them up and clean after herself, too... 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I am ashamed to admit that this show is so fun and I'm sad when every episode is over.

16 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

Bethenny's choice to show Lu the Tom kissing pics on camera, as well as the overall impact being on TV has on your personal life.

I must be really naive but I didn't know that Bethenny chose to reveal the information this way until Luann explained it here.  Bethenny's an even worse asshole than I thought she was.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

It's always interesting to me that people can all watch the same thing and come out with such wildly different opinions.

For me, Kenya is (still) the absolute worst.  She's hypocritical -- holding everyone else to a certain standard, but excusing the same behavior from herself as somehow justified.  As long as she's being coddled and drenched in sympathy, she's okay, but if not -- she'll lash out.  I think she's quite self-centered and mean.  And, it's been years, so the facts are hazy, but I recall feeling quite strongly back in the day that she had somehow made an arrangement with Walter for him to go along with being her boyfriend for the show.

Teresa doesn't bother me as much as she used to, but -- good grief -- she's as dumb as a box of hair.  "Writing" cookbooks (and I wonder how much she wrote herself and how much what she wrote was heavily edited) does not mean that one is a mental giant.  And, as others have noted, there seem to be some red flags with the new boyfriend.  Shades of Brooks.

Now that it's clear that Luann's behavior is not driven by alcohol, it's certainly cringeworthy.

Ramona is all about Ramona and certainly speaks without thinking, but I don't think (most of the time, at least) that she's intentionally trying to be hurtful.

I have no real issues with Cynthia, Melissa or Kyle.

• Love 15

Luann's an acknowledged flirt. I view it as harmless fun and am bothered by all the shame cast her way. Because she's older? Because she's a woman? Because she's an older woman?  Is she supposed to shrivel up & die? Better clutch your pearls tightly, but women over 50 do seek out, have & enjoy sex. From my vantage point, Michael is very much engaged in the flirtation and enjoying himself. He's the one who started with the French, saying he was sexy, and suggested the shot out of his mouth.  As others have mentioned, while he's married but we do not know his situation. His partner, male or female, might be 100% ok with him flirting. His mother certainly seems to be. 

From the previews, it seems like their significant others arrive for a final dinner (or at least Mauricio does). He's another known flirt. Curious to see how he interacts with Luann and whether Kyle subsequently publicly mounts him. 

Some genuine honesty this episode. I felt Teresa/Kenya/Luann's pain. I did not know that Luann & Cynthia were already friends. Makes sense, as  they're similar. The slumber party & games were fun to watch and something I do with my friends.  Even Ramona stopped being an asshole and seemed to be enjoying herself.

Really enjoying this more that I thought I would.  How many episodes are there?

• Love 16
3 hours ago, snarts said:

Luann's an acknowledged flirt. I view it as harmless fun and am bothered by all the shame cast her way. Because she's older? Because she's a woman? Because she's an older woman?  Is she supposed to shrivel up & die? Better clutch your pearls tightly, but women over 50 do seek out, have & enjoy sex. From my vantage point, Michael is very much engaged in the flirtation and enjoying himself. He's the one who started with the French, saying he was sexy, and suggested the shot out of his mouth.  As others have mentioned, while he's married but we do not know his situation. His partner, male or female, might be 100% ok with him flirting. His mother certainly seems to be. 

From the previews, it seems like their significant others arrive for a final dinner (or at least Mauricio does). He's another known flirt. Curious to see how he interacts with Luann and whether Kyle subsequently publicly mounts him. 

Some genuine honesty this episode. I felt Teresa/Kenya/Luann's pain. I did not know that Luann & Cynthia were already friends. Makes sense, as  they're similar. The slumber party & games were fun to watch and something I do with my friends.  Even Ramona stopped being an asshole and seemed to be enjoying herself.

Really enjoying this more that I thought I would.  How many episodes are there?

I heard 6 to 8 episodes.  It seems like each episode spans a day.  And I think they're there for 7 days.

I'm now dreading season 2 becaus I like the bonding and fun moments on this season amongst all the women..plus little moments of drama.  With Tamra, Jill, Brandi, and Brandi in season 2...it'll be all drama probably :(

• Love 8
6 hours ago, snarts said:

MMV.  I may be old-fashioned (I myself am over 50), but for someone who proclaims to have "class" (that money can't buy), it doesn't seem very classy to be running around flashing multiple people, who never asked to see anything.  To me, that doesn't seem flirtatious, it just comes off as sadly desperate, and....as I noted...cringeworthy.   

Edited by MMLEsq
  • Applause 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, ChelleGame said:

I don't watch Jersey.  Melissa is super likable here.

Is that her persona on NJ?

I think she is pretty normal but what happens is when there is drama with Theresa it gets her wound up and add to that her trying pull a dry humping husband off her leg like a dog she gets a little crazy, I always liked her and Delores together.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I only watched the 1st episode because it was free. Is it worth $12.99 to binge watch the whole thing? 
(Haven’t read comments yet).

That's why I'm here too! Lol I don't have Peacock and not sure it's worth getting it. Good to know it's $12.99 though, thank you for that info. :)

• Love 3

This is bittersweet viewing for me, because I had a falling out with my friend group and our last hurrah was a friends’ trip. There is something so fun about getting ready together and that sort of thing.

That aside, I feel for Kyle because she is the odd woman out as far as her city goes, and she had the longest travel time by three or four extra hours! I wish her astrology event would have gone more into chart readings, which I think would have been more legitimate to the others than the past life stuff. Melissa was really funny when she was like, “Wait, we were all queens? No one was a plumber?”

For those playing the home game, our group has:

-1 Aries (Melissa, born 3/21 but confirmed she’s an Aries)

-2 Taurus (LuAnn and Teresa, who are different years but one day apart)

-1 Scorpio (Ramona)

-1 Capricorn (Kyle)

-2 Aquarians (Kenya and Cynthia, the Atlanta girls who surprisingly are having conflict)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Casting was good.  Happy no OC.

I wonder what it would be like  to have any of the cast of Potomac on UGT.

• Candiace would be read to filth by Kenya
  • Karen would see real wealth with Kyle
  • Robin would be 'out niced' by Cynthia
  • Ashley and Wendy would be utterly forgettable

I think Gizelle would hold her own or quietly take notes.  And I love Potomac!

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Casting was good.  Happy no OC.

I wonder what it would be like  to have any of the cast of Potomac on UGT.

• Candiace would be read to filth by Kenya
  • Karen would see real wealth with Kyle
  • Robin would be 'out niced' by Cynthia
  • Ashley and Wendy would be utterly forgettable

I think Gizelle would hold her own or quietly take notes.  And I love Potomac!

Robyn without Gisele would definitely be interesting! With Gisele, I think it would just mirror her nature on the show. Karen would be fun, too. I read RHoP was filming at the same time so that’s why they weren’t considered.

• Useful 3
22 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

That's why I'm here too! Lol I don't have Peacock and not sure it's worth getting it. Good to know it's $12.99 though, thank you for that info. :)

Are you in the US? Not sure if that matters, but I am and I pay $4.99 for the base, ad version, and then $5.00 more to get rid of the ads, so it's $9.99 a month total. I don't know TBH if you can get the show at the $4.99 level, but usually they run free trials on streaming services, might be worth looking into once the entire season airs, if you can get the premium free, you can binge it in a weekend ;) 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I haven't watched New Jersey or Atlanta in many, many years and I'm surprised at how large Cynthia and Tre have become.  Is Cynthia okay?

Ramona continues to be insufferable.  I wish they had all followed up with Kyle's comment that any room she had would be fine; she had a beautiful home to go back to.  If they had all echoed that comment, I think in some way that would have put Ramona in her place. I can't imagine dealing with her.

Other than that, it seems to be a fairly low key trip. 

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, albarino said:

haven't watched New Jersey or Atlanta in many, many years and I'm surprised at how large Cynthia and Tre have become.  Is Cynthia okay?

I think Cynthia is just really happy.

Tre, well, I never know what to say…

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 11/17/2021 at 2:29 PM, nexxie said:

Haha - Tre will never forgive Melissa for horning in on her gig! Both of them have messed with their lips too much - Tre’s whole face looks like it’s melting. Wish the women on these shows would stop having procedures.

I noticed that too - I thought it looked like Teresa's face was actually starting to collapse in on itself. She needs to stop with the surgical tweaking - she's getting that rubbery look like those puppets on that British TV show Spitting Image.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Are you in the US? Not sure if that matters, but I am and I pay $4.99 for the base, ad version, and then $5.00 more to get rid of the ads, so it's $9.99 a month total. I don't know TBH if you can get the show at the $4.99 level, but usually they run free trials on streaming services, might be worth looking into once the entire season airs, if you can get the premium free, you can binge it in a weekend ;) 

Yes I am, and thank you so much for the info. :)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I’m shocked that Ramona let the camera and lighting crew see her in the shower, and that she wore that coverup with a thong.

Do men really like when she “flirts” with them?

But she does not like to talk about sex, sure let them film her topless in the swimming pool but don't talk about sex in front of her, sure she can talk about how horny she is or how she and Mario used canoli cream on his (cheating) pecker but don't talk about sex!

I am pretty sure the men she flirts with are cringing on the inside.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Yes I am, and thank you so much for the info. :)

I have the $4.99 version and I can watch all episodes. With ads yes, but they're all on there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I broke down and paid the $4.99 after seeing the first free one.  Has it been worth it?  For me, it has.  I'm a bit of a Bravo (in this case Peacock, I guess) addict and was having some withdrawals since BH, and so it's a cheap fix.  Haha. 

It's kinda hard to know where to start when you were basically offered four episodes in a week or two?  It was pretty fast dropping, and of course any Bravo addict is going to binge.  And where to start without feeling like you may be giving out spoilers to someone still thinking about watching. 

Still, here I go... Ramona drew first blood when she called Kenya a bitch.  Although Kenya was being deliberately obtuse or something, because Ramona had said several times that she was flirting after being separated for a year.  Kenya was clutching her pearls and her tone of voice conveyed it.  Kenya has been showing Ramona what a bitch she can be, every since then too, she is pecking at Ramona every chance she gets.  I may come out of this hating Kenya even more than Ramona, since this has become a grudge match for her. 

I agree with the other posters about Teresa's face looking different and not in a good way.  Her lips are getting into Rinna territory and I'm afraid, very afraid.  Teresa has been pretty cool so far.  Much more low key and that's nice.  I normally despise Teresa. 

Cynthia's face looks like it is stretched to it's breaking point.  Holy moly.  I think Cynthia totally over-reacted to Kyle's reception of her "game" on her "night".  Kyle explained that she had four daughters and questions like "who is the prettiest" or "who is the sexiest" make her uncomfortable, and it seemed reasonable to me.  But what really pushed Cynthia over the edge, was Kenya agreeing with Kyle.  She felt Kenya was being disloyal and she's taking it out on Kyle.  Cynthia does have quite the death stare when it zooms in on you.  Kyle knows. 

Luann.  Bad girl.  She knows that guy is married, it doesn't matter if he's straight or gay, it seems pretty disrespectful.  I'm hoping this is some kind of producer bullshit because I like Luann, and would like to continue, but she's looking quite funky to me. 

Overall, I'm liking this set up.  There is more of a low key vibe, and the ladies seem to be opening up more, and being more real.  It seems part of this project was for everyone to make a real effort to get to know each other, and that's why everyone has been so aggravated with Ramona.  Ramona has not been a team player, but she did turn into the Apologizer, but she did get the room she wanted too.  I always give her the side eye when she's sorry after getting exactly what she wanted to begin with.  Funny how that works with Ramona.  Another thing, Ramona is trying way too hard running with these young dogs.  I know everyone keeps telling Ramona how great she looks (come on, she doesn't look that great) but the thong and pasties was a bit too much.  Clearly, the only person Ramona is impressing is herself. 

So far, Ramona, Kenya, and Luann are coming across the worst. 

So far, Kyle, Teresa, and Melissa are coming across the best.

Cynthia, as usual, is somewhere in between.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
On 11/19/2021 at 8:06 AM, TV Diva Queen said:

In episode 2 (I think) where Cynthia is walking around in the morning without make up....I'm not gonna lie, I didn't know who that was, until I heard her voice.  Dang - she is an artist at make up and I need to learn how to do that too.  

Haha I always wish I had the kind of glam these gals do! I can do a decent job on my own face, but nothing too fancy. I have always been in awe of Cynthia's beauty though. Makeup can only enhance what's already there, and her bone structure and features are very beautiful. 

1299808d650d6cb7e9443d3ffab00588.jpg

• Love 12

So I'm accessing this on Bravo, and have watched episodes 1-3 so far. It's been interesting seeing how these women interact outside of their normal environments.

The beaches look absolutely stunning, and I think it would be pretty hard to have a bad time in that locale.

Random thoughts so far:

As expected, Ramona is the biggest asshole of all. No surprise there.

I haven't watched Atlanta in years and years (I last watched it way back in the She by Sheree days), so I don't know how Cynthia & Kenya normally behave, or what their dynamic is. It was certainly rude of Kenya to show up an hour late for dinner and help herself to food while everyone else had been waiting politely for her to show up. But good God, Cynthia was a ball of passive aggressive fury all night, and was misplacing her anger on Kyle. If anyone was a buzzkill at that dinner it was Cynthia. Let it go lady! She did not come off well at all.

Melissa & Tre have been pleasant with everyone, and despite some minor sniping, seem to be managing their truce okay. I'm also liking Kyle in this environment. I really like the simple white dress with the long balloon sleeves that Kyle has been wearing in her TH's - it's very flattering on her.

Yes, the Concierge Michael is very cute, and no, Luann, you do not need to slaver over him like a dog staring at a hunk of meat. I like Lu most of the time, but she's cringey when it comes to flirting with men. Any men. Love those funny funny editors digging up Lu's old volleyball footage. 

So far, this has been more fun to watch than I was expecting.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Haha I always wish I had the kind of glam these gals do! I can do a decent job on my own face, but nothing too fancy. I have always been in awe of Cynthia's beauty though. Makeup can only enhance what's already there, and her bone structure and features are very beautiful. 

I had my makeup and hair done "professionally" for the first time in my life because I was in a wedding and I haaaaaaaaaaaaated the result.

However, I do have a colourist that I've used for more than 10 years and when she styles my hair I admit that it's beautiful.

But damn, there are some bad makeup artists out there!  That's what I've learned!  It's not an easy thing to do right.  I'd have rather done the makeup myself.  Lesson learned!  

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I had my makeup and hair done "professionally" for the first time in my life because I was in a wedding and I haaaaaaaaaaaaated the result.

However, I do have a colourist that I've used for more than 10 years and when she styles my hair I admit that it's beautiful.

But damn, there are some bad makeup artists out there!  That's what I've learned!  It's not an easy thing to do right.  I'd have rather done the makeup myself.  Lesson learned!  

There are some really talented “regular” makeup artists out there, but many of them do not have the ability of the ones who work on Real Housewives. Erika had freaking Scott Barnes working on her at one point. I am better at doing my own makeup than a lot of the local makeup artists near me too.

• Useful 3

I am starting to think that Ramona is on the spectrum of something, the impulse control and filters are definitely off. She is rud and she insults people, stumbles thru some sort of an apology (usually apologizing for the wrong thing and not the actual issue), walks off talking about odd things, flailing her arms about, finds a mirror and tells herself how hot and sexy she is then asks the camera man for confirmation of her hotness then looks for a refill of red wine...waits a bit then finds some one to talk to, usually someone who is paid to be there and harshes their mellow by hanging out with them on their break, like storming in to the employee lounge at her favorite store after she made a mess of their dressing rooms.

I forgot about the awkward hugs she gives the person she offended while apologizing. How did Mario last as long as he did with her?

As usual Ramona is in the kitchen during dinner prep begging for food, telling who ever will listen that she is so hungry because she worked out so hard that morning and did not eat enough to fuel her body, "as in look at my body, isn't it hot?"  That body suit and shorts she was modeling in front of her mirror was so not a good look on her, she needs a fuller cut in her clothes, gone are her days with a waist.  I want to scream "Get a stylist" to her in the tune of her "Take a Xanax."  

The butler guy was trying so hard to reign her in, he earned his pay in just those few minutes in the kitchen with her politely telling her she needed to get cleaned up.  

Ramona taking up the glam squad's time by not getting glammed up and it taking up Cynthia's time is so typical.

The HW's on this trip deserve a medal for not killing Ramona and dumping her not so hot body off the boat.

How are any of the HW's amused by her?

Cynthia is just itching for a fight and I don't know why.  She is offended by everyone and anyone, is this her way of making sure she is on camera because it sure seems like it considering she said she does not jump to be on camera.

• Love 13

Just watched episode 5 and a few thoughts:

• Kenya's not wrong, Ramona comes off as a frail old lady.  She should be quarantining in NY waiting to get her booster shot so she can meet up with the ladies who lunch
    • From last episode--she is 65, what 50 year old wealthy man is going to want to be with her, to travel with her?
    • Trying to date men in their 50s is part of the story she is trying to sell--she should celebrate her age and experience.
    • Andy should not renew Ramona's contract for NY.  A 65 year old mean delusional drunk is not fun to watch.  The drama is painful and I keep hoping she will go sleep it off.
  • Kyle seems like she really would be a good friend.
  • Theresa is really ride or die and I understand her more now.  Dare I say I like her more now?
  • Cynthia would be too much effort to be a close friend with as she seems to have too many rules--friendship contract?  But being in the same circle would be fine, fun.
  • Kenya, like Theresa, is more likable and more vulnerable on this show.
  • Melissa, I kind of forget she is there.
Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Just watched episode 5 and a few thought:

• Kenya's not wrong, Ramona comes off as a frail old lady.
  • Kyle seems like she really would be a good friend.
  • Andy should not renew Ramona's contract for NY.  A 65 year old mean delusional drunk is not fun to watch.  The drama is painful to watch and I keep hoping she will go sleep it off.
  • Theresa is really ride or die and I understand her more now.  Dare I say I like her more now?
  • Cynthia would be too much effort to be a close friend with as she seems to have too many rules--friendship contract?  But being in the same circle would be fine, fun.
  • Kenya, like Theresa, is more likable and more vulnerable on this show
  • Melissa, I kind of forget she is there.

I agree 100% on your thoughts.  

I was afraid to be the only one to say they didn't mind Theresa on this show, I do like her more on this show more than RHONY but now would have the time to go off on someone, she could have gone off on Ramona and I would have applauded.  

Cynthia is exhausting, you are 100% right on that.

• Love 8

I am watching in Canada and it’s on Slice for free but just released every week. I am up to episode 3.

I’m liking the show but it’s hard to look at Teresa. She has way too much plastic surgery like take a break girl. Her lips are ridiculous.

Cynthia needs to just get over it. Anyone who thinks Kenya would be a good friend to them is an idiot lol. Kenya thinks she’s vibing with everyone but it’s really that there’s a person in the house, Ramona, who everyone hates more then her lol.

Why is Kenya’s divorce on YouTube?

I feel like Ramona is getting dementia or something because she is getting worse as the years go on. How she acts is ridiculous. I don’t know how anyone could handle being around her. Her flirting makes me feel embarrassed for her and I’m just watching her on TV. 

Kyle so far I’m liking on this version.

• Love 9

Kyle is a snake..and she's the type of person I'm more on guard with because she will be nice to your face, get you to trust her, confide in her..and then she will turn around to knife you in the back.

Kenya, Ramona and Teresa...are who they are to your face (for the most part) so you know what you're getting.  And you know not to tell them anything.

• Love 23
34 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Kyle is a snake..and she's the type of person I'm more on guard with because she will be nice to your face, get you to trust her, confide in her..and then she will turn around to knife you in the back.

Kenya, Ramona and Teresa...are who they are to your face (for the most part) so you know what you're getting.  And you know not to tell them anything.

This true. I would not want to be around any of them in real life tho lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

After watching episode 5:

Kenya vs Ramona:

Both were in the wrong.  So Kenya can call Ramona a peasant, make fun of her, etc....but if Ramona says 'F U'..then that isn't alright?  Kenya is a classist and ageist....while Ramona is classist and entitled.

And interesting that Kenya laid her hands on Ramona.  Now she knows what Porsha felt at the reunion years ago.  If someone saying FU to you drives you to lay your hands on someone..maybe follow Porsha's lead and get anger management.

Luann:

Luann isnt a pushover...but she is a snake.  And let us not forget how rude Luann was to the help back in her countess days.  And Luann..you have a mug shot so drop the high and mighty act.

I'm with Melissa...enjoy the carbs 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14