Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Chase'n the Frenchman

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

Episode talk should be limited to what happens on the episode and anything that was known before the episode was filmed.  No spoilers.  No social media. 

• Start Topic

You just know when the doctor asked her to cough (in order to test whether it would help her ovary drop lower), that she peed a little right onto his hand.  And the fact that the doctor is worried about her ovary “being too high to reach for egg retrieval” was a subtle commentary on the amount of FUPA he will have to navigate.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Cancun said:

You just know when the doctor asked her to cough (in order to test whether it would help her ovary drop lower), that she peed a little right onto his hand.  And the fact that the doctor is worried about her ovary “being too high to reach for egg retrieval” was a subtle commentary on the amount of FUPA he will have to navigate.

She will have to go to a Veterinarian.Like the one on tv that goes to farms.

• LOL 4

Tal has a boyfriend and a life of his own so I think that was a fake storyline for the show. 

I thought he and the boyfriend broke up?

Why is she acting like she's at a pregnancy ultrasound appointment?  Legs strategically spread with cameraman positioned just so we can imagine her coochy areas.  Really?  There's not the slightest shred of decorum in Whitney.  I think she enjoys disgusting people, then she can accuse them of fat shaming.  

They were doing a transvaginal ultrasound - where the instrument is inserted into the vagina. I'm not sure how else she could have been positioned for him to do the test correctly.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

They were doing a transvaginal ultrasound - where the instrument is inserted into the vagina. I'm not sure how else she could have been positioned for him to do the test correctly.

But they were looking at her ovaries, so wouldn't that have to be external? 
And I think to look at ovaries, you have to do that awful procedure where they make you drink a lot of water and then not pee. It's intensely uncomfortable and a major struggle not to urinate. I can't remember if it was internal or external; I just remember begging the technician to let me pee.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, JeanJean said:

And I think to look at ovaries, you have to do that awful procedure where they make you drink a lot of water and then not pee. It's intensely uncomfortable and a major struggle not to urinate. I can't remember if it was internal or external; I just remember begging the technician to let me pee.

As someone who has gone through more IVF procedures than I care to recall, they do it transvaginally. It allows them to see the follicles better and more directly. Super annoying, towards the end you go every day to check on the follicle size. Amd the appointments are all early AM, before the sun comes up, so they can get your blood work back the same day and make adjustments if needed. The whole scene was scripted for tlc benefit

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Joan van Snark said:

I get the sentiment from the comment above, but in reality what would TLC pay Chase to make a cameo appearance?  From what I understand, even the 'main stars' of these shows get paid what $10-15K an episode?  I seriously doubt they are paying Chase more than a couple hundred dollars (if even that) to appear.  I think it's more about getting to be on Teevee (or he was fulfilling a contractual agreement to appear in a certain number of episodes).  

I would think the only people getting paid anything worth mentioning would be Whitney, Babs & Glen, and MAYBE Buddy.  I seriously doubt Buddy makes more than $10K a season from this.  I could be wrong.  I'm very curious to know the reality though if anyone has a clue!  

That's why the networks love to make these shows as the 'talent' is so cheap!  I remember reading somewhere that TLC doesn't even pay the 90 Day people for their travel expenses.

I still think Chase's appearances were a contractual obligation. Because of the pregnant girlfriend he didn't appear as much last season as he was expected to and he may have violated some kind of confidentiality agreement when it became public knowledge that his girlfriend was pregnant. Even if it wouldn't hold up in court, I'm sure Chase didn't want to go up against TLC - they have lawyer money. He doesn't. He mentioned his return to the show on his SM account with a photo of himself with his daughter. They are both making the yuck face with their tongue stuck out. I think that says something.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, Joan van Snark said:

I get the sentiment from the comment above, but in reality what would TLC pay Chase to make a cameo appearance?  From what I understand, even the 'main stars' of these shows get paid what $10-15K an episode?  I seriously doubt they are paying Chase more than a couple hundred dollars (if even that) to appear.  I think it's more about getting to be on Teevee (or he was fulfilling a contractual agreement to appear in a certain number of episodes).  

I would think the only people getting paid anything worth mentioning would be Whitney, Babs & Glen, and MAYBE Buddy.  I seriously doubt Buddy makes more than $10K a season from this.  I could be wrong.  I'm very curious to know the reality though if anyone has a clue!  

That's why the networks love to make these shows as the 'talent' is so cheap!  I remember reading somewhere that TLC doesn't even pay the 90 Day people for their travel expenses.

Reality shows as a rule pay poorly, but Whitney's has reached 9 seasons which puts her a little higher. You're right in that most don't pay well, that's why the biggest benefit is the traveling. All the "trips" they go on during the season are paid for by production so even if they're not getting monetary rewards they at least get to go places.

My guess, and only because I know it's happened in other shows that had to pause during the pandemic, is that Chase appeared because of contractual obligations. Due to COVID and pregnancy related things he most likely didn't get to fulfill his. Not only was he probably expected to appear in X number of episodes, but there was probably something in there about how the relationship was meant to go.

That said, he was still probably paid.It wouldn't have been much, but there have been guest people on the dhow, like Jiya, who have wrangled decent payments from them. It wouldn't surprise me if he didn't also finagle something out of the tell all last season: I'll appear on 1 more episode if Whitney will bring up the hate I'm getting and condemn it. 

Regardless, Chase got something out of his appearance. I don't think any of them appear for the fun of it anymore. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, FurBabyMama said:

The whole scene was scripted for tlc benefit

I would not be surprised if the entire thing was scripted and faked for the show due to the risks of putting a 37 year old woman with a BMI over 60 on fertility drugs in the first place. It's advertising and product placement for the fertility clinic, which does not even appear to have an office in Greensboro. Their website indicates they're in Charlotte and Asheville only.

• Useful 3
17 hours ago, FurBabyMama said:

As someone who has gone through more IVF procedures than I care to recall, they do it transvaginally. It allows them to see the follicles better and more directly. Super annoying, towards the end you go every day to check on the follicle size. Amd the appointments are all early AM, before the sun comes up, so they can get your blood work back the same day and make adjustments if needed. The whole scene was scripted for tlc benefit

Do you think it was wise for Whitney to have Boo Bear take her to her early-morning harvest when he's been shown to be unreliable in the past? (And has to drive from 90 minutes away?) Surely there's ANYONE else available. If he can't be bothered to bring the meat, I doubt he can help with the eggs.

And from the preview, we are supposed to believe Whitney has been studying SO HARD to pass this exam but doesn't know how many calories make up a pound of fat? Even I know that and I'm not a professional dancer/surfer/belly dancer/second-place weightlifter/mountain climber/glacier licker.

• LOL 11
  • Love 8
45 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Do you think it was wise for Whitney to have Boo Bear take her to her early-morning harvest when he's been shown to be unreliable in the past? (And has to drive from 90 minutes away?) Surely there's ANYONE else available. If he can't be bothered to bring the meat, I doubt he can help with the eggs.

And from the preview, we are supposed to believe Whitney has been studying SO HARD to pass this exam but doesn't know how many calories make up a pound of fat? Even I know that and I'm not a professional dancer/surfer/belly dancer/second-place weightlifter/mountain climber/glacier licker.

I must have missed something.  Doesn't Buddy still live in Gboro?

2 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

I must have missed something.  Doesn't Buddy still live in Gboro?

I'm not totally sure, and my comment may have been misleading. At some point he lived with Whitney but she threw him out for the unforgivable crime of not paying enough attention to her or having the audacity to have a GF, and he was spending a lot of time with her, in a town 90 driving minutes away, although it's not clear if he's living with her. I don't know where his actual residence is, but I inferred that he's basically spending most of his time elsewhere.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

I'm not totally sure, and my comment may have been misleading. At some point he lived with Whitney but she threw him out for the unforgivable crime of not paying enough attention to her or having the audacity to have a GF, and he was spending a lot of time with her, in a town 90 driving minutes away, although it's not clear if he's living with her. I don't know where his actual residence is, but I inferred that he's basically spending most of his time elsewhere.

Maybe buddy and his girl friend live in a van down by the river!

• LOL 4
25 minutes ago, Emma C said:

LOLOL!! I watched that SNL clip just this morning on YouTube!! It's as funny as I remembered. Plus David Spade totally breaks character...

To stay on topic and not get yelled at: Whitney will not be a PT... for many reasons....  Appx 3,500 calories make up a pound of fat (varying by individuals)!!

So whitless weighs 1,225,000 calories.Holy shit!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, monagatuna said:

That also seems to prove she's never actually diet or tried to lose weight. That is common knowledge for anyone who has done even a basic monitoring of food intake. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, stoppro said:

Maybe buddy and his girl friend live in a van down by the river!

Down by the banks of the River Charles?  (Who remembers that song?) 

Buddy should just tell hWitney to Golf Foxtrot Yankee (GFY.) He's never going to have a good relationship with another woman if he's always at hWitney's beck and call. I certainly wouldn't stand for it if I were the girlfriend. 

• Love 6

Why is she arguing with Ashley and Heather about their objections to being surrogates?

Quit arguing with them, Whitney. They don't want to do it. Their reasons are their own. You don't get to demand access to someone's uterus.

She sounds like such a whiny, entitled asshole.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Why is she arguing with Ashley and Heather about their objections to being surrogates?

Quit arguing with them, Whitney. They don't want to do it. Their reasons are their own. You don't get to demand access to someone's uterus.

She sounds like such a whiny, entitled asshole.

That's because she *IS* a whiny, entitled asshole. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13

Twit has posted that she got lip injections. Check her SM thread. She stated on her Instagram that she “loves them” despite what other posters have said. I think she looks ridiculous. Maybe concentrate on losing the excess 250+ lbs before the face fillers?

And I don’t know if Heather is going through a mid-life crisis but the danger hair and the OTT fake eyelashes make her look ridiculous. JMO.

• Love 4

What I don’t get at all is how Twit and Ashley - two super morbidly obese middle-aged women with (I’m assuming) associated comorbidities are so cavalier gallivanting all over the place. Often times sans masks. Getting a mani-pedi with no social distancing or masks in sight. Except the poor workers who have to work on Whitney’s feet. The smell alone would send me. That said - NC was hit hard with the Delta variant around the time of this filming but they seem to practice zero extra precautions. Which may be fine for Heather and Todd. But Whitney and Ashley have bull’s eyes on them due to their weight. If they get it - even while vaccinated- they’re still high risk for complications. 

• Love 5
On 9/29/2021 at 1:20 AM, Texasmom1970 said:

Chase fretting as he says he has something he really needs to tell Whitney.

REALITY TV SHOW TRANSLATION 

This seasons story lines are dullsville. And since I need the money I will pop up for a couple episodes and give something for Whitney to whine about.

I want to sue and recover what I spent in recording and watching this episode.  That's the only thing I was curious about, and I have to wait another week to find out?
And why in the hell doesn't she just lose a bit and carry a child herself?

• Love 5
On 9/28/2021 at 5:09 AM, mamadrama said:

It pissed my 10yo off that Whitney ruined the bananas Hunter was going to use for banana bread.

I thought that at the time, because I used to do a lot of baking.  I hate seeing food wasted like that.

On 9/28/2021 at 7:16 PM, all4mom2 said:

Except that there's already a TLC show about that...

Which one is that?

I wondered about that too! I get that everyone else has "real jobs" (except, of course, if Hunter's still in town, as evidenced by the rotten bananas) so Buddy was maybe the only one free during the day. Or Whitney could actually pay for the ride since that is how Buddy earns his living...

• Love 4
On 9/29/2021 at 2:51 PM, JeanJean said:

And I think to look at ovaries, you have to do that awful procedure where they make you drink a lot of water and then not pee. It's intensely uncomfortable and a major struggle not to urinate. I can't remember if it was internal or external; I just remember begging the technician to let me pee

I was scheduled for an external ultrasound for fibroids but the technician determined my bladder wasn’t full enough so she had to switch to the transvaginal test with the wand that looked like a horse penis. Believe me, the next time I drank so much water beforehand I was floating. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Watching this now and had to pause to say

a) I thought Hunter moved back to NY? Why does he need rotten bananas?

b) in what universe do you go for a vaginal ultrasound in your street clothes? Was she even wearing underwear? 

I'm curious as to what clothes you're meant to be wearing for a transvaginal ultrasound? Ever since my uterus ruptured and had to be removed I've had to get regular looks at my ovaries-I go in 3-4X a year for them. I've only ever worn my regular clothes. The only time I wear a gown is if there's a breast exam or abdominal ultrasound involved. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

What I don’t get at all is how Twit and Ashley - two super morbidly obese middle-aged women with (I’m assuming) associated comorbidities are so cavalier gallivanting all over the place. Often times sans masks. Getting a mani-pedi with no social distancing or masks in sight. Except the poor workers who have to work on Whitney’s feet. The smell alone would send me. That said - NC was hit hard with the Delta variant around the time of this filming but they seem to practice zero extra precautions. Which may be fine for Heather and Todd. But Whitney and Ashley have bull’s eyes on them due to their weight. If they get it - even while vaccinated- they’re still high risk for complications. 

They're acting as if the COVID threat is entirely over. In a talking head Heather even said she was excited about going to Maine and used the pandemic in the past tense. 

My daughter has the Delta variant right now. It's turned into pneumonia and she's heading into her 4th week of missing school. She's sicker now than she was with a kidney infection. She's 10. All of us who can be have been vaccinated, but we're aware that we can still get it and still carry it to others so we continue to take precautions. (Our schools are having a Delta epidemic. She got it from there, probably from her teacher. Her teacher is currently intubated in a hospital 3 hours away...because it was the closest one with available beds. Sorry, I know that this is repeat info for a lot of you who are FB friends with me and have seen our videos.) 

Within the context of the show her actions make little sense. She's gone from not letting Ryan in the house to wanting to hug the doctor (who's been exposed to who know what). 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

My daughter has the Delta variant right now. It's turned into pneumonia and she's heading into her 4th week of missing school. She's sicker now than she was with a kidney infection. She's 10. All of us who can be have been vaccinated, but we're aware that we can still get it and still carry it to others so we continue to take precautions. (Our schools are having a Delta epidemic. She got it from there, probably from her teacher. Her teacher is currently intubated in a hospital 3 hours away...because it was the closest one with available beds. Sorry, I know that this is repeat info for a lot of you who are FB friends with me and have seen our videos.) 

I'm so sorry to hear this. Where do you live (generally speaking) if you don't mind me asking.

• Love 2

I finally got to watch this last night-(been sick but better now). What the hell? This cow is such a joke- throwing bananas around at her mom (not funny), thinking she can get one of her friends to carry her supposed baby, firing her friend (that was really pissy of her-I would no longer be her friend), complaining about how she feels pregnant with eggs? Does she understand just how small an egg is? There is no way she will pass the test-too stupid and she hasn't studied at all. Sweet Baby Jesus!! She's so sad about the FrenchMAN too bad for you, heifer ,no respectable man would want to be with you-seriously, grow up already!! And what's up with all the "uncle" stuff? Shouldn't it be "auntie"? UGH. And now they are all going to Maine? Maybe she will fall in the ocean and get eaten by lobsters. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
40 minutes ago, Emma C said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. Where do you live (generally speaking) if you don't mind me asking.

I live in Eastern Kentucky. Our county is very rural, very small, and the vaccination rate is 30%.

I don't generally bring stuff like that up, because of the arguments that can ensue, but watching the way Whitney has treated the virus has just been so odd. I get that in the beginning it was so new that we didn't know much about it, but she doesn't seem the least bit concerned about anyone since she got the vaccine.

Actually, Whitney not caring about anyone else is totally on brand. 

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Maisiesmom said:

And now they are all going to Maine? Maybe she will fall in the ocean and get eaten by lobsters. 

Or take a wrong turn on the Appalachia Trail (assuming she's still capable of even short hikes) and disappear into the Maine wilderness forever, like that girl in the Stephen King novel.  We can but hope!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I'm curious as to what clothes you're meant to be wearing for a transvaginal ultrasound? Ever since my uterus ruptured and had to be removed I've had to get regular looks at my ovaries-I go in 3-4X a year for them. I've only ever worn my regular clothes. The only time I wear a gown is if there's a breast exam or abdominal ultrasound involved. 

That’s interesting. I’ve always had to change into a gown for any gyn stuff including a TV ultrasound. For mammos it’s strip to the waist only though. 

• Love 1

Folks,

We keep roaming off topic.  Please take any personal questions or stories to Small Talk.  If you want to respond to something from this thread in Small Talk, you can use the Multi-quote function (+").  Quote one or several posts using this function, then go to the Small Talk thread and reply.  Questions? PM @PrincessPurrsALot

We do not discuss moderator actions in the forum.  This includes posts acknowledging the mod note. 

• Love 2
On 9/29/2021 at 6:28 PM, FurBabyMama said:

Whitney couldn't manage ALL THAT by herself!

• LOL 2
On 9/30/2021 at 11:29 AM, all4mom2 said:

Heck, even I'd hang out with Twit if it meant free trips to Hawaiier, Alasker, St. Simon's Island, and Maine!

I don't know....  Seems like the barnacles never really have a great time on these trips? Have you seen how Whitless acts on vacation?

• Love 7

Why the fuck are the barnacles friends with this woman?? She is so awful to them! Holding back info vital to Ashley’s life and livelihood and expecting her to hang around until her business grows enough for her to have something for Ashley to do, demanding that Buddy get his shit out and change his address, and just expecting “Uncle Heather” to carry her baby. Why are they friends with her?? It HAS to be the money!

I don’t think The Blur realizes what a bullet he’s dodging. He’ll realize it when he sees her on the show saying, “I don’t want to take care of myself. I want you to take care of me.” 🙄

Edited by Mommygetz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Knowing that "reality TV" isn't always a fair presentation of facts or people, the way I see it we're looking at one of 2 things here: 

A. Whitney really IS this narcissistic in real life and is terrible to her friends/family

Or

2. This is all an act because she's learned that villains get more air time and generate more interest and discussion

She's either an awful person or she's allowing herself to be portrayed as one. Either way, she sucks.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

Knowing that "reality TV" isn't always a fair presentation of facts or people, the way I see it we're looking at one of 2 things here: 

A. Whitney really IS this narcissistic in real life and is terrible to her friends/family

Or

2. This is all an act because she's learned that villains get more air time and generate more interest and discussion

She's either an awful person or she's allowing herself to be portrayed as one. Either way, she sucks.

This.  Whitless is the worst,not one good thing to say about her.

• Love 4
On 9/29/2021 at 10:24 AM, Emma C said:

I am assuming the big news Chase has is that he's getting married? First of all, he doesn't owe it to Whitney to tell her anything. YOU TWO BROKE UP- regardless of the circumstance of the breakup. Second, I'm sure she knows what is coming.

Maybe Chases' baby mama can be Whitney's surrogate! Whitney probably feels that she deserves that, after what happened.

OOH! Story line!! Chase is the sperm donor, they use his fiance to be the surrogate. And Whitney can bask in the pure happiness that she and Chase made a baby together - they just baked the bun in a borrowed oven. Think of the family celebrations down the line! Oh, the mind boggles....

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

So even though Ashley has been doing all the communication and stuff she's only just NOW hearing about the app? I call bullshit. I also call bs that they wouldn't need her anymore.

It was very odd because Ashley said there was an email that she wasn't supposed to see.  Huh?  Her job is to see all the emails, so, uh, yeah.  And I def call BS on the whole idea that this app company is going to handle the customer relations portion of her website.  I did a quick Internet search about post-launch support from app development companies and didn't find any offering that service.

On 9/30/2021 at 12:31 PM, monagatuna said:

And from the preview, we are supposed to believe Whitney has been studying SO HARD to pass this exam but doesn't know how many calories make up a pound of fat? 

So either she really is that pathetic, and if she has trouble with that fact, then it's hopeless for her to know all the real science-y stuff...or, they are pulling a fast one on us, and making us think she's unprepared, but actually she'll pass.

On 9/29/2021 at 3:51 AM, Persnickety1 said:

Apparently all hell's breaking loose on her social media regarding her treatment of Ashley this episode.

I'm burning the midnight oil working so I don't have time to grab links but yowza....the clap backs are even worse than the bullshit hazing Chase was put through 😳 

Her own fans are turning on her with alarming ferocity (and I'm here for every brutal moment!).  

What is so delicious about this, is that Whitney can't tell them "oh don't worry, it was just a plot line", because these are the folks who believe it's all real, and if she bursts that bubble, she risks losing their unwavering fealty.

It pissed my 10yo off that Whitney ruined the bananas Hunter was going to use for banana bread.

I was appalled that the bad bananas were just left on the counter.  We keep bad bananas for banana bread, but freeze them, because bad bananas left out are a magnet for fruit flies!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 9/29/2021 at 1:51 PM, JeanJean said:

I have done this test over and over since 2012 when I got diagnosed with Uterine Fibroids. It sucks !t  shows both the uterus and the ovaries