Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She will never go back to Ethiopia

No she won't.  And as much as I want to sympathize with Bini, he needs to stop getting busy with American girls or use a condom.  

My younger son was a c section and the doc dinged his head on the way out.  Not as serious as you wonderful ladies and gents, but he had stitches at a few minutes old.  He had this inch or so white strip on his head for years.  I was just relieved doc didn't take out an eye!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Ari said she would be gone a month, the preview showed her on a skype call and mentioned she had been gone for two months, hmmm. 

I think she will stay there forever and never go back to Ethiopia. Poor Bini will lose another son, and he will be unable to fight for custody of him. I just shed a tear for him while typing this. 😢 

• Love 2

Guys, I wish today was a snark day. I could really use some of your wittiness and humor. This morning at 2:30 a.m. I was woken up by my phone screen, which showed that someone was humiliating me on Facebook and reported my account so that I could not post on my feed until October 22. They were a friend of a friend and had repeatedly called me the “c” word since mid-August. I have been trying to get them to stop their behavior, but they just wouldn’t. I could not fall asleep after that, had a terrible day at work and had to take a nap when I went back home. I am feeling a little bit better now, but am still exhausted and tired.

Since this is not a snarking night, I would really love you to tell me who is your 90 Day wife and MIL based on your birth month. You have to live with both of them.

January: Wife - Anfisa, MIL - Karen

February: Wife - Chantel, MIL - Mother Jihoon (Jung)

March: Wife - Dinyell, MIL - Trish

April: Wife - Angela, MIL - Mother Kalani (Lisa)

May: Wife - Baby Girl Lisa, MIL - Mother Ed (Norma)

June: Wife - Kalani, MIL - Gwen

July: Wife - Darcey, MIL - Betty

August: Wife - Cougar Stephanie, MIL - Mother Asuelu (Lesina)

September: Wife - Evelin, MIL - Lidia

October: Wife - Larissa, MIL - Debbie

November: Wife - Nicole, MIL - Mother Sumit (Sahna)

December: Wife - Noon, MIL - Elicia

My birthday is January 3 and I already would rather jump off of a cliff.

Edited by Hotel Snarker
  • Love 1

@Hotel Snarker I am so sorry this is happening! What a mess. I hate Facebook fights. They make me gloomy and anxious and I fret over them way more than I should. Hang in there. I'm sure you'll have a better day tomorrow. 

Oh, and I'm June 2--Kalani and Gwen. HAHAHAHA. I'd drink wine with Gwen and we'd take turns telling Kalani to shut the hell up. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

@Hotel Snarker I am so sorry this is happening! What a mess. I hate Facebook fights. They make me gloomy and anxious and I fret over them way more than I should. Hang in there. I'm sure you'll have a better day tomorrow. 

Oh, and I'm June 2--Kalani and Gwen. HAHAHAHA. I'd drink wine with Gwen and we'd take turns telling Kalani to shut the hell up. 

Thx! I am much better right now and plan to do some exercise in the morning before going to work so I won’t be so tired tomorrow!

• Love 5

I have a friend who's been pressuring me relentlessly for like a decade to join Facebook, and somehow I've resisted, but I did have a lot of weak moments. Now that we're learning what a totally corrupt and criminal enterprise it is, I'm kind of proud of myself for holding out. But I'm really sorry this person's been so nasty to you. It's pretty clear who the real c*nt is.

My birthday's June 1, so I get Kalani and Gwen. I can deal with Kalani as long as her dopey husband stays away playing volleyball, and Gwen is easily the best mom in the franchise, so I'm good.

Hope you feel better very soon.

Edited by Mondrianyone
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

Well, I'm January 13th so I have the same terrible options as you! I predict things are going to get a whole lot stupider...

Hope tomorrow is a better day! 

8 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I have a friend who's been pressuring me relentlessly for like a decade to join Facebook, and somehow I've resisted, but I did have a lot of weak moments. Now that we're learning what a totally corrupt and criminal enterprise it is, I'm kind of proud of myself for holding out. But I'm really sorry this person's been so nasty to you. It's pretty clear who the real c*nt is.

My birthday's June 1, so I get Kalani and Gwen. I can deal with Kalani as long as her dopey husband stays away playing volleyball, and Gwen is easily the best mom in the franchise, so I'm good.

Hope you feel better very soon.

Thx! I’m fine now. I hope things don’t make my day a whole lot more stupider today.

• Love 4

@Hotel Snarker, I’m sorry that you have to deal with assholes on Facebook. That being said, your life will be much better if you simply leave social media altogether. I actually never joined, since I figured that I didn’t need any blasts from my past trying to contact me and I waste enough time as is. (I fly under the radar as much as possible.)

And here’s my pep talk: Why care about what nameless, faceless people think? If need be, when the time comes, tell them you wear the “cunt” mantel proudly.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

@Hotel Snarker - I am so sorry.  I have Anfisa and Karen and like you, I would cut off my left foot before living with them.

I was once in a FB Aldi recipe group.  Only fun stuff with me on FB, no religion, no politics.  An Insta-Cart was delivered in error In April 2020 - oopsies.  I called the grocery store and the end result was "You get to keep it due to Covid."  I made the mistake of asking for recipes due to delivery error (I should have just said we overbought) and man........"Poster is a liar and a thief!" "You will get that driver FIRED" and it went from there, getting pm's calling me all kinds of names.  Really foul language was used and I reported posts and left the group.  Yes, I tried to give it to a food bank, food banks of any sort were not taking anything, only money.  They thought I was lying about that, too.  I mean, it was horrid.  Then I had to tell the delivery person!!  I told I had worked for this grocer and they would make it right at no cost.  So THAT was a day!  And never post a picture of a baby that is not wrapped in bubble wrap.  Or a pet.  You will be judged HARSHLY.  I rarely post, and only to friends.

1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Why care about what nameless, faceless people think?

I don't either, but to see your name tagged and as a female, when a male says really derogatory things to you, you DO feel it for a minute or two.  Then I laugh and think, "Really?  Has it been that long in Mommy's basement?"

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

@Hotel Snarker, I’m sorry that you have to deal with assholes on Facebook. That being said, your life will be much better if you simply leave social media altogether. I actually never joined, since I figured that I didn’t need any blasts from my past trying to contact me and I waste enough time as is. (I fly under the radar as much as possible.)

And here’s my pep talk: Why care about what nameless, faceless people think? If need be, when the time comes, tell them you wear the “cunt” mantel proudly.

I joined a 90 Day group on FB and there was a pic of Jihoon and whatshername at a Costco, I commented that I had no idea they were both in the states and I was told I was a racist because of not knowing that Costco was international and they were in Korea shopping in one, a racist??? Really? Some of the other members took up for me but I un joined that group fast, who needs that crap from strangers?

• Love 4

I never join groups on FB, mostly because I find most of the members stupid past bearing. (Seriously, I was on a local "buy nothing" group and wanted to tear my hair out. No, I don't want a half used bottle of shampoo or a mostly uneaten box of Cheezits!) My account is locked down quite tight also--only friends can see my posts and only friends of friends can send me a friend request. As a result I don't get lots of DM's. I rarely comment on pages I follow (I do follow a lot of political pages) if they are not private. I like FB for the ability to keep in touch with friends but I am super, super careful. Still, sometimes you can't avoid awful people. Block is your friend, use it liberally!

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I joined a 90 Day group on FB and there was a pic of Jihoon and whatshername at a Costco, I commented that I had no idea they were both in the states and I was told I was a racist because of not knowing that Costco was international and they were in Korea shopping in one, a racist??? Really? Some of the other members took up for me but I un joined that group fast, who needs that crap from strangers?

I think I was in that group for a hot minute, too.  Very savage and plain mean to other posters.

3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I never join groups on FB, mostly because I find most of the members stupid past bearing. (Seriously, I was on a local "buy nothing" group and wanted to tear my hair out. No, I don't want a half used bottle of shampoo or a mostly uneaten box of Cheezits!) My account is locked down quite tight also--only friends can see my posts and only friends of friends can send me a friend request. As a result I don't get lots of DM's. I rarely comment on pages I follow (I do follow a lot of political pages) if they are not private. I like FB for the ability to keep in touch with friends but I am super, super careful. Still, sometimes you can't avoid awful people. Block is your friend, use it liberally!

I just went in and checked my blocked users and I do block A LOT.  I belong to an Aldi nerd group because they make me laugh and a King of Queens group as again, makes me laugh.   But I, too, am very careful.  No one needs to know where I work, lol!  No one can share to my page either except for my birthday.  No, you can't share your political beefs, your recipes or worse:  Your trip to the cemetery to visit Gramma.  

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I am December and I have no idea who Noon is - maybe I missed that season. Elicia? Eh, no thanks.

Noon's the lovely Thai woman who came to New Orleans to marry bartender Kyle. They moved to Portland and apparently live a pleasant life away from reality TV!

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I have been trying to take breaks without social media but cannot survive without it! It is very hard to. I have not been on there that often these days. Spent more time talking to family and friends. I blocked the lady that kept harassing me, though.

4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I joined a 90 Day group on FB and there was a pic of Jihoon and whatshername at a Costco, I commented that I had no idea they were both in the states and I was told I was a racist because of not knowing that Costco was international and they were in Korea shopping in one, a racist??? Really? Some of the other members took up for me but I un joined that group fast, who needs that crap from strangers?

5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

- I am so sorry.  I have Anfisa and Karen and like you, I would cut off my left foot before living with them.

I was once in a FB Aldi recipe group.  Only fun stuff with me on FB, no religion, no politics.  An Insta-Cart was delivered in error In April 2020 - oopsies.  I called the grocery store and the end result was "You get to keep it due to Covid."  I made the mistake of asking for recipes due to delivery error (I should have just said we overbought) and man........"Poster is a liar and a thief!" "You will get that driver FIRED" and it went from there, getting pm's calling me all kinds of names.  Really foul language was used and I reported posts and left the group.  Yes, I tried to give it to a food bank, food banks of any sort were not taking anything, only money.  They thought I was lying about that, too.  I mean, it was horrid.  Then I had to tell the delivery person!!  I told I had worked for this grocer and they would make it right at no cost.  So THAT was a day!  And never post a picture of a baby that is not wrapped in bubble wrap.  Or a pet.  You will be judged HARSHLY.  I rarely post, and only to friends.

I don't either, but to see your name tagged and as a female, when a male says really derogatory things to you, you DO feel it for a minute or two.  Then I laugh and think, "Really?  Has it been that long in Mommy's basement?"

In April 2020 I joined a 90 Day Fiance group and was banned from posting for 2 weeks for saying that Ed gives me the creeps. Those peeps were absurd. I left the group immediately after that.

I joined another 90 Day Facebook group back in July 2020 and posted my opinions on there once a week. Someone in that group kept reporting my posts repeatedly so I couldn’t like or respond to other people’s comments. On October 12, 2020, I finally had enough, left that group immediately, and took a break from SM the next day.

Social media can be really crazy sometimes. Gets me all worked up.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I have been trying to take breaks without social media but cannot survive without it! It is very hard to. I have not been on there that often these days. Spent more time talking to family and friends. I blocked the lady that kept harassing me, though.

In April 2020 I joined a 90 Day Fiance group and was banned from posting for 2 weeks for saying that Ed gives me the creeps. Those peeps were absurd. I left the group immediately after that.

I joined another 90 Day Facebook group back in July 2020 and posted my opinions on there once a week. Someone in that group kept reporting my posts repeatedly so I couldn’t like or respond to other people’s comments. On October 12, 2020, I finally had enough, left that group immediately, and took a break from SM the next day.

Social media can be really crazy sometimes. Gets me all worked up.

We love you, @Hotel Snarker. Those other people obviously don’t know what a gem you are and your insights and wit are wasted on them. When you get the itch, scratch it on 90Day Small Talk. I’m not sure how anyone doesn’t agree with something as basic as “Ed gives me the creeps!” Who ARE these people?

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Social media and forums like this have been a bit of a lifeline for me since Covid started. Live by myself, and don't have a lot of people to talk to or visit with and the isolation does get to you. Don't have Facebook but am well aware that it can be a hive of scum and villainry and worse. I am pretty careful on Twitter and don't tend to get involved in things like political stuff. So little truth and a lot of trend. I muted someone's name because I got tired of people talking about some local woman who died. Was half of my tweets that I got. Didn't know her and it seemed like she qualified for sainthood. Folks, not everyone who follows you on Twitter wants that. A little went a long way. But that is me and the endless chatter triggered me.

• Love 5

@Hotel Snarker, I'm so sorry you went through that!  I can't stay away from Facebook either, even though I don't actually see the value in it.  I just spy on bizarre FB groups and look at peoples' pet pictures.  

But you're safe here!!!

And my birthday is in April so that means I have to live with Angela.  Oh man, I have a feeling she isn't going to like me asking her to please not smoke indoors.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Isn't there a huge difference between saying "Ed GIVES ME the creeps" and "Ed IS a creep"? Although in his case, both are true IN MY OPINION! 

Ed is a creepy creep who creeps.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

The TOW 30 minute preview is boring me.   Cory and Evelin, not interested.   30 seconds of Sumit lying to Jenny again, at least they went back to them.   You know its a slow night when sad sack Jenny is the highlight.  You know the Sumit family situation sucks when the 'counselor' says she sees no hope.   

My understanding is when the eldest son marries, the wife becomes the cook/housekeeper, and everything else, while the mother-in-law supervises everything.   So, Mama Sumit will be on Jenny's tail every second if she marries Sumit.   

I'm holding out hope that Mama Sumit will really step up to the plate Sunday.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
On 10/6/2021 at 5:55 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

We love you, @Hotel Snarker. Those other people obviously don’t know what a gem you are and your insights and wit are wasted on them. When you get the itch, scratch it on 90Day Small Talk. I’m not sure how anyone doesn’t agree with something as basic as “Ed gives me the creeps!” Who ARE these people?

I know, right? Some of the people on those 90 Day social media groups are downright insane. I was called names like "c***" and "chairwoman" for saying that Mike was abusive to Natalie. I was tempa banned from a subreddit for saying that Ari is selfish and trying to take Bini's second son away from him. I was banned from posting on Facebook for saying that Big Ed was a creep. A lot of people on social media are just very immature and have the wrong opinions on everything. Especially Natalie. I came across a FB post this morning where the person said Natalie was only in it for the green card and Trish was right to attack her with her poison. When a commenter said that Mike was the abuser, they were soon bashed by a whole lot of people and called names like "freak" and "delusional" and even that dreaded r-word. I was beyond angry. I am so glad Primetimer exists because this 90 Day community is so much more mature than any other 90 Day community on SM.

On 10/6/2021 at 8:15 PM, Eldemarge said:

@Hotel Snarker, I'm so sorry you went through that!  I can't stay away from Facebook either, even though I don't actually see the value in it.  I just spy on bizarre FB groups and look at peoples' pet pictures.  

But you're safe here!!!

And my birthday is in April so that means I have to live with Angela.  Oh man, I have a feeling she isn't going to like me asking her to please not smoke indoors.

Please try not to swindle her with cake, my friend.

On 10/6/2021 at 6:03 PM, Frozendiva said:

Social media and forums like this have been a bit of a lifeline for me since Covid started. Live by myself, and don't have a lot of people to talk to or visit with and the isolation does get to you. Don't have Facebook but am well aware that it can be a hive of scum and villainry and worse. I am pretty careful on Twitter and don't tend to get involved in things like political stuff. So little truth and a lot of trend. I muted someone's name because I got tired of people talking about some local woman who died. Was half of my tweets that I got. Didn't know her and it seemed like she qualified for sainthood. Folks, not everyone who follows you on Twitter wants that. A little went a long way. But that is me and the endless chatter triggered me.

FB was rough for me back in April. I was posting happy things on my FB feed and very few people were responding to them. Meanwhile, people were posting bloody things like the George Floyd murder and the storming of the Capitol. I was so frustrated. Like, why do people on FB not care about positive things and instead post negative, disturbing things all the time?

21 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

Yup it's a little dull, but just wait - MAMA SUMIT ON SUNDAY!  

Cannot wait for more Sahna! Woop, woop!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

. A lot of people on social media are just very immature and have the wrong opinions on everything.

I care less about right or wrong opinions and care more about having the freedom to have an opinion without being accused of Wrongthink or thoughtcrime (tm George Orwell).

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I know, right? Some of the people on those 90 Day social media groups are downright insane. I was called names like "c***" and "chairwoman" for saying that Mike was abusive to Natalie. I was tempa banned from a subreddit for saying that Ari is selfish and trying to take Bini's second son away from him. I was banned from posting on Facebook for saying that Big Ed was a creep. A lot of people on social media are just very immature and have the wrong opinions on everything. Especially Natalie. I came across a FB post this morning where the person said Natalie was only in it for the green card and Trish was right to attack her with her poison. When a commenter said that Mike was the abuser, they were soon bashed by a whole lot of people and called names like "freak" and "delusional" and even that dreaded r-word. I was beyond angry. I am so glad Primetimer exists because this 90 Day community is so much more mature than any other 90 Day community on SM.

FB was rough for me back in April. I was posting happy things on my FB feed and very few people were responding to them. Meanwhile, people were posting bloody things like the George Floyd murder and the storming of the Capitol. I was so frustrated. Like, why do people on FB not care about positive things and instead post negative, disturbing things all the time?

You need to be careful with Facebook. It's not balanced and eventually your feed is populated with what you like or hate. You get more and more to get you away from reality and to a perceived reality. Algorithms, manipulation, getting you in to a heightened emotional state.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

You need to be careful with Facebook. It's not balanced and eventually your feed is populated with what you like or hate. You get more and more to get you away from reality and to a perceived reality. Algorithms, manipulation, getting you in to a heightened emotional state.

Facebook relies on you staying ‘engaged’.  This is often accomplished by making sure you are outraged about some hot button topic de jour. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 10/5/2021 at 2:42 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Guys, I wish today was a snark day. I could really use some of your wittiness and humor. This morning at 2:30 a.m. I was woken up by my phone screen, which showed that someone was humiliating me on Facebook and reported my account so that I could not post on my feed until October 22. They were a friend of a friend and had repeatedly called me the “c” word since mid-August. I have been trying to get them to stop their behavior, but they just wouldn’t. I could not fall asleep after that, had a terrible day at work and had to take a nap when I went back home. I am feeling a little bit better now, but am still exhausted and tired.

Since this is not a snarking night, I would really love you to tell me who is your 90 Day wife and MIL based on your birth month. You have to live with both of them.

22 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I'm December. I never watched Noon, but I'm sure Elicia will be able to berate her to tears and feelings of utter worthlessness.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Oh hell no, not Larissa and Debbie! What did I ever do to you? I am kidding, don't let those FB ninnies get you down HS, we love you

On 10/5/2021 at 5:42 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

• Love 4
On 10/6/2021 at 3:03 PM, Frozendiva said:

Social media and forums like this have been a bit of a lifeline for me since Covid started. Live by myself, and don't have a lot of people to talk to or visit with and the isolation does get to you. 

I totally get that. TrackKitty rolls her eyes every time I come on here for 2-3 hours on Sunday nights. But she gets to go out into the world and be with people at work every day. I've worked at home for 16 years, but at least I got to have musicians and artists come in occasionally. Plus, I used to go play out locally every once in a while...then COVID pretty much eliminated any kind of live shows or jam sessions. I think that's why I dove in so hard into our little pool here. It's the weekly chance I get to "perform" 🎤 on our tiny little online stage  💓

Edited by Trackdawg
Bini's fault
  • Love 18
23 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

@Hotel Snarker Don't even get me started on FB.  That's where I found out how much my DIL hates me....  it's a sad place for me.

So sorry that your DIL hates you! I couldn't imagine what I would feel like if my in-laws hated me.

21 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

3 hours ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

Facebook relies on you staying ‘engaged’.  This is often accomplished by making sure you are outraged about some hot button topic de jour. 

I had this issue a whole lot in the winter and spring. When one of my friends posted a news topic that was trending, I would post the same thing and then people wouldn't respond because they were "busy". Was so fed up with it. I blocked some people who I felt were being very problematic and now am taking a break from it as long as I can.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 10/5/2021 at 5:42 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Cougar Stephanie would be my first pick for wife, I would just keep her wine glass full and spend her money. 😂 But Gwen is one of the best MILs on this franchise so I will take her. 

I got sucked into the 'Bad Art Friend' story late last night. That's why I don't put too much personal info on Facebook.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

What up Peeps!! 

So all that yardwork that exhausted me last Sunday??  The poison ivy started popping out on Wednesday.  SUCKS!!!!!  Give me your best snark to take my mind off the itchiness!!!

• Love 11