Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Did you check out Yellowjackets? No pressure, I just remember mentioning it to you.

I checked it out, it's good, a bit creepy, I feel the need for a blanket when Im watching, I just binged the first 5 episodes....Thanks!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Is…is he an international superstar? That is a bold statement 

At that moment, I realized that Usman is the one who wanted to be on this show.  His career is soaring, but he never mentioned one song or video.  He couldn't think of a new angle for this season.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

Kim should keep that mask on - that's the best she's looked ever.   Say you're Muslim, whatever.

Masks suck BUT they also rock for 1) not having to wear makeup below your nose and b) relaxing your chin-plucking schedule a little

• Useful 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

Jasmine claims she's a professor but dresses like a cheap hooker.

The Spanish word for teacher is "profesor". I bet she teaches an adult education class or does journaling classes for inmates or something. (See? Duolingo! Ten minutes a day!)

3 minutes ago, Toodleoo said:

Nooooo dammit I will NOT let you sully my association of this song with The Full Monty. NOOOOO0

I will always and forever associate this song with its composer, the peerless Randy Newman. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
Just now, endure said:

I checked it out, it's good, a bit creepy, I feel the need for a blanket when Im watching, I just binged the first 5 episodes....Thanks!

I like the mystery, the characters are interesting, and I can relate to the teenage stuff and the present day. I love it but I don't want to watch it right before bed because it is a bit creepy. The ending of the latest episode 6 is something else.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

Unsolicited advice for @Trackdawg

One of the heavy hitter session guys on Aja (maybe Dean Parks or Larry Carlton) said, for important gigs don't  take every piece of gear you own,  just take one or  two axes at most.  

LOL. I know I fanboy the #GuitarGods with you, but my main thing (besides producing/arranging) is keys. The bandleader/producer wants me to do some comping and solos on his 45-year old Wurlitzer EP. #KindaExcitedKindaScared.

Speaking of guitar though, with the Yellowjackets (show) talk here last month, I meant to ask you if you like Robben Ford (I didn't discover him/them until I went to Dick Grove in the 90s...later found out Ferrante was my piano teacher's old roommate 😲):

Edited by Trackdawg
hgbjklm;,./
  • Love 5

Yes why is international sensastion Souljaboi only able to pull ugly 50+ women.  I mean these day 50 year old women look like they're 35. He finds the ones that look 70.

Hell even that hot felon guy got out of prison and ended up with a billionairess..but souljaboi can't get better then BGL OR BGK

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

That’s when Mickey Rourke and Kim Basinger looked like….. themselves. Then all the plastic surgeries and fillers took over. 

Oh my gosh....I had it bad for Mickey Rourke back from "Diner."  Then......

• Love 6
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

What is his game? Does he want to move to the US? All he had to do was stick with his wife. 

This is what I wonder too. He put in all that work with the other one, he should have just hung in there long enough to get that green card instead of starting over with a new mark.

• Love 7

Tanzania already has a plethora of guys who make terrible auto tuned music. Why would they need to import Usman? And at least those guys can dance. Their videos are entertaining. Usman dances like my dad.

• LOL 14
  • Love 3

Masks suck BUT they also rock for 1) not having to wear makeup below your nose and b) relaxing your chin-plucking schedule a little

Menopause has given me the skin of a teenager so being able to hide my pimples behind a mask is a plus.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

My computer may not make it to the end of the show - it's crapping out somewhat.   If I drop out, just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.  Am wondering if any one of us was impacted by the tornado in 5 States.   If so, maybe we can do something?

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

I like the mystery, the characters are interesting, and I can relate to the teenage stuff and the present day. I love it but I don't want to watch it right before bed because it is a bit creepy. The ending of the latest episode 6 is something else.

oooooh-K - what night do new episodes come on?

• Love 1