Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Beliefs are personal. Religion is not personal. It has rules and structure. Either you follow it or you don't.

Exactly. She blathers on about her "relationship with God" but has issues with her CHOSEN religion. I'm an atheist but I don't have any beef with believers (as long as they're not dicks about it, anyway). Why would she CHOOSE a religion whose practices are distasteful to her? There are plenty of religions to choose from. Why pick one that makes you so uncomfortable and squeamish? 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 3
Just now, Hotel Snarker said:

Feel so sorry for the John Wick fans who may as well tear up when watching the new movie.

Sad to hear that Lance Reddick died (in real life).

• Like 4
  • Sad 3
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I just read The Paris Apartment…it was a fun mystery 

The Paris Apartment I will read this summer! I read one called The Hacienda, by Isabel Cañas. It’s about a haunted house mystery.

The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles has gotten a lot of hype. I am planning on reading that one as well.

• Like 3
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Exactly. She blathers on about her "relationship with God" but has issues with her CHOSEN religion. I'm an atheist but I don't have any beef with believers (as long as they're not dicks about it, anyway). Why would she CHOOSE a religion whose practices are distasteful to her? There are plenty of religions to choose from. Why pick one that makes you so uncomfortable and squeamish? 

Especially a religion with a dress code!

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
6 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I love her Jackson Brodie series, but you have to read it from the beginning.   I love how she has separate storylines that all come together in the end.      

Oh, for sure, I started with "Case Histories". When recommending to reading friends I make sure to tell them that they have to read them in order. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Ooh, that's in one of my "to read" piles! Yes I have several, and they are all about two feet tall. 

I have vowed not to bring another book into the house until I've read all the ones on my coffee table. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I am starting to see an annoying trend in Americans in which they think that EVERYTHING is negotiable, and anyone who tells them different is the bad guy. I saw a wedding on FB this weekend in which the officiant announced 'anyone not supportive of this couple and their choices..there's the door...use it!'. This was met with applause. 

So...family members who came out of love were essentially asked to leave if they don't agree with the couple's lifestyle, showing no gratitude for those who put their beliefs aside and came out of love and respect. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3

Late to the party but shit! Nicole... Time to go home and find some wanky dude in California, sister!  Mahmoud ain't it!

Why would this dumbass go BACK to Egypt when she knew the FIRST time, she couldn't handle it? And I'm pissed at her that she would so vacuously CONVERT to Islam, while knowing NOTHING about what was expected??

She can be a nothing religion here but EGYPT??? Ass.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

I'm slowly absorbing the knowledge that Nicole is expected to learn from her husband, to love the religion she's already converted to.

Oh-   we're having dinner with Gabe, Isabel and her family. Hope the mood doesn't take an awkward turn at some point....

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

Maybe Nicole’s hair IS a wig but she’s pretending it isn’t so she washes and styles it. She doesn’t have any sign of roots even after a few weeks. 

OMG, you're right!  Wig cop!

• LOL 8
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Maybe Nicole’s hair IS a wig but she’s pretending it isn’t so she washes and styles it. She doesn’t have any sign of roots even after a few weeks. 

She seems to have no pigment of any kind. Could she be a real towhead? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Religious people are the ones treating Gabe like shit. Fascinating. Shocking.

2 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Late to the party but shit! Nicole... Time to go home and find some wanky dude in California, sister!  Mahmoud ain't it!

Why would this dumbass go BACK to Egypt when she knew the FIRST time, she couldn't handle it? And I'm pissed at her that she would so vacuously CONVERT to Islam, while knowing NOTHING about what was expected??

She can be a nothing religion here but EGYPT??? Ass.

She should start something like a Neo-Islam which cuts out the parts she's not too keen on and adds cool (optional but strongly suggested) outfits. And cut down the praying to maybe once a week.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Was Isabel married to either of her children’s fathers? I know it’s in TLC’s script to paint all the Spanish-speaking fathers as raging homophobes, but so far I’m not getting that vibe from Father Isabel.

• Like 4
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Debbie deluded herself into believing that she and Osama had a love connection. Oh dear.

it's only a love connection as long as Debbie shells out the money.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, charmed1 said:

Was Isabel married to either of her children’s fathers? I know it’s in TLC’s script to paint all the Spanish-speaking fathers as raging homophobes, but so far I’m not getting that vibe from Father Isabel.

Now that the jealousy monster has reared its ugly head, Papa may have reason to be glad for anyone to want to take on Isabel and 2 kids. I have a feeling she's got some crazy that we haven't met yet.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, greekmom said:

These guys are the most well adjusted couple since Kenny and whatshisname.

Why can't i remember these names?!?!?

Raises hand... Because we're being subjected to a whole bunch of new asshats??  And it's hard to keep up when old Matt Sharp keeps jumping around like a flea between them?

Just a thought.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, charmed1 said:

I don’t think she was married. 

• Like 6