Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Hola snarkers! Will we finally get to see the donkey tonight? I am so tired from cooking all afternoon I didn't even take my calcium! Has everyone had a good week?

Lady across finally took her overflowing garbage cart to the curb. Been almost 5 months of looking at it. I was going to start a pool to see if it would be home to a magpie nest. Car battery is now charged and working properly. Wasn’t feeling well last night so am tired today.

• Mind Blown 2
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Shelbie said:

She converted. She should know the basics.

To quote Pepper: "She became a Muslim so she could bang that sleaze she's married to."

So nope, she wouldn't know the basics.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 3

Ousamma really gives me the creeps.  For a stick thin man/boy with 3 teeth and a wonky eye, he is very arrogant.  I was happy she held her own and didn’t take his bull, but if they marry she might end up in a ditch.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

To quote Pepper: "She became a Muslim so she could bang that sleaze she's married to."

So nope, she wouldn't know the basics.

I would prefer a test drive first.

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, kacesq said:

I owe many many apologies to Avery of Avery and Omar. She really handled her situation very maturely.

I was thinking the same thing. On the tell all she revealed that a previous boyfriend abused her. She finally found comfort in Islam and takes her conversion seriously 

• Like 2
  • Love 4
Just now, kacesq said:

Is there no education before the conversion process?

There doesn't have to be. All you have to do to convert:

"Becoming a Muslim is a simple and easy process.  All that a person has to do is to say a sentence called the Testimony of Faith (Shahada), which is pronounced as:

I testify “La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammad rasoolu Allah.”

These Arabic words mean, “There is no true god (deity) but God (Allah), and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God.”  Once a person says the Testimony of Faith (Shahada) with conviction and understanding its meaning, then he/she has become a Muslim."

From a site called islamreligion.com

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

It really rubs me the wrong way that she keeps saying "my faith". She became a Muslim so she could bang that sleaze she's married to. She has no spiritual connection to it. Hypocrite. 

She doesn't seem to understand faith. Faith is not "this sounds like fun today".

• Like 2
  • Love 2
Just now, Hotel Snarker said:

How can it be that she has never heard him pray before and seems completely unfamiliar with everything about it, yet she has already converted to the religion AND married him?

it's the 90 day way.

• LOL 7
2 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

This is insane. Muslim women can still cover, wear hijab and be stylish 

Remember Nadiya from Great British Bake Off? She's a practicing Muslim. She has done a bunch of TV shows since--I think some of them are on Prime or Britbox. She ALWAYS looks completely adorable. Her clothes are cute, colorful and becoming. And she is always completely covered.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

This dude is an abusive asshole. I recall Omar treating Avery’s and her mothers questions with kindness. How can she learn if she isn’t allowed to ask a fucking question?

He doesn’t want to admit he doesn’t know the answers. He expects her to just blindly obey him.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 3