Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

While we're on commercial break, I had a minor nervous breakdown this week...I recalled that somebody threw out my childhood encyclopedias when my mother passed away 5 years ago...I cried for 6 hours, then ordered a replacement set of 1966 Childcraft and the annual, Children Everywhere, off of eBay. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 7
  • Sad 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

While we're on commercial break, I had a minor nervous breakdown this week...I recalled that somebody threw out my childhood encyclopedias when my mother passed away 5 years ago...I cried for 6 hours, then ordered a replacement set of 1966 Childcraft and the annual, Children Everywhere, off of eBay. 

That’s just downright cruel. So sorry.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
Just now, Suzywriter said:

I bought a bunch of Highlights magazines from the early 60's on eBay a while back, I had such fond memories of reading them when I was a kid. It was a real treat to read them, I even remembered some of the stories. Good for you!

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 4

Poor old Debbie.... She thinks she's been in REALITY for 3 years!!!!!  She thought they were gonna get married and he wants to LIVE with her with his PARENTS for a while.  Debbie, SLOW DOWN yourself old lady!!! What the actual fuck??

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
Just now, Hotel Snarker said:

That’s just downright cruel. So sorry.

To be fair, I can guess that there was no expectation that I wanted them, since they'd been boxed up in the attic since 1973. I just liked knowing that they were up there. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

So Jen is just now figuring this all out. This makes my head hurt.

Why didn't she read the freaking visa??! Or consult an American lawyer?? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I bought a bunch of Highlights magazines from the early 60's on eBay a while back, I had such fond memories of reading them when I was a kid. It was a real treat to read them, I even remembered some of the stories. Good for you!

I love this!

I'm looking forward to doing some of the projects in Volume 9 ("Make and Do") and re-reading the story "Nils Karlssen, The Elf" in Children Everywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3