Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Goodnight, everyone! 🎶"I'm so glad we had this time together. Just to share a laugh and sing a song. Seems we just get started and before we know it comes the time that we must say so long."🎶Carol Burnett Ear Tug GIF

• Like 5
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, greekmom said:

What happened was that he saw you in real life and figured you filtered your photos very heavy and decided that he might as well just milk you from overseas.

I think Debbie went to Morocco before 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Well, peeps, we made it. It was a tough slog, but we persevered. We live in hope of meeting Mr. Donkey next week. That's all I've got. Meanwhile, all cooks are charged to let us all know what you cooked, and all readers to bring us up to date on what you're reading. We'll get through one way or another. Have a great week, see you die hards for Darcey and Stacey tomorrow night! I love you all, MWAH!

• Like 4
  • Love 4

Aight, guys! This shit was a big pile of nothing. I’m glad it’s thrown in the gutters. I guess I’ll see you tomorrow around the forums for commentary? This show is going downhill. I can FEEL it going downhill. I would not be here if you guys didn’t exist. You are my heart. My soul. My world.

Have a nice week and a Happy Spring! Peace out. ✌️ 

• Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 5

Dang it goes by fast when you're late!! Still time to laugh my ass off!!  You guys are hilarious, as usual.

So glad to see Jenny back among us and I hope ALL of you have a fabulous week!!

Big Hugs Peeps!

• Like 2
  • Love 3
On 3/19/2023 at 10:04 PM, GrammyPammy said:

She has photos of herself in Morocco from a few years ago on her social media.

I just checked. She met him on SM and after chatting for six months, she flew to Morocco to meet him in person. Now it’s three years later and he invited her to come back and stay this time (or so she THOUGHT) 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
50 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Nicole does not pray but are women allowed to pray in a mosque? How does Uncle Mackmood know she does not pray?

They are allowed in the mosque, just not in the same part of the mosque as the men (a divider or a separate room). 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
26 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

I'm skipping Pedophile Place. 

Oh! I almost forgot to turn to "The Company You Keep,"  after next week's preview! I like a mystery/romance show every once in a while. I mean, outside of 90 Day! 😄

Wow... serious half-way point preview there. Well, I guess Kris and Jeymi will put a rush on their wedding before Kris returns home, but it doesn't look like it will be a happy marriage for them, or anyone else in the coming weeks. Oy... or Aye ye ye...

See y'all again at the next episode, or sooner. Have a great week, everyone! It will be spring!

☮️❤️🍀🌷

Edited by Bees52
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, tvrox said:

They are allowed in the mosque, just not in the same part of the mosque as the men (a divider or a separate room). 

He can tell she's not into it. The no-hijab thang gave it away!  Especially with HIS wife is covered up to her eyebrows!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, For Cereals said:

Just finished Remarkably Bright Creatures. Predictable but sweet.

I just finished "I have some questions for you" by Rebecca Makkai. It's good. Kept me guessing. Her other book, "The Great Believers" is even better. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I bought a bunch of Highlights magazines from the early 60's on eBay a while back, I had such fond memories of reading them when I was a kid. It was a real treat to read them, I even remembered some of the stories. Good for you!

Remember the one with, I think, John-John and probably Caroline on the cover?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

Crazy American behaviour.

LOL

Thank you immigration guy.

She's nuts and doesn't know what she wants, but due in no small part to Rishi and his changing expectations.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Suzywriter said:

Or she is. 

I'm biased, but I think that the person doing the moving needs to find out what they are moving into before doing all of that giving up everything. 

I want to see photos or videos of my future spouse’s housing, work visas, what do I do all day, an honest answer if I am the new maid, privacy, things around me, possibility of meeting new friends, etc.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I want to see photos or videos of my future spouse’s housing, work visas, what do I do all day, an honest answer if I am the new maid, privacy, things around me, possibility of meeting new friends, etc.

If you have two Master’s degrees, your friend has GOT to be Google, right? 😏

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I can't help but compare Nicole to Avery who was one of the few "Other Way-ers" who moved to a foreign country, embraced the religion, dress code and local customs and wanted to adapt to the foreign culture instead of being an American ex-pat who could pick and choose what she wanted to follow and expected everyone to change centuries old LAWS to suit her. 

Statistically, the Other Way format has been quite unsuccessful 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2

Moving either way is hard no matter where you're from, even moving from somewhere you would think was easy like the UK to the USA is a lot harder than people would think so moving to some of these places without even learning some of the customs & the language is just crazy.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Snarkville, I got a message for you! A very serious one at that.

I love you all to pieces. I really do. You guys crack me up with your witty jokes and are full of banter at every scene we have had so far. I could never have gotten this far into the 90 Day world, which is obviously fake, without my crew. HOWEVER…

I do have to set boundaries with you all when I feel that some of the jokes/statements you are making ring a bell to me as insensitive (e.g. Gabe’s convo about the world of trans men being ‘TMI’). But now, I am taking back even more of what I had previously said earlier this season. I found on Instagram that Jen’s eyes are the result of a certain medical condition. Ptosis is the drooping of the upper eyelid, which may make it very hard to see clearly from the top part of the eye. It is also very hard to open your eyes all the way as you might get eye strain from it. https://www.aao.org/eye-health/diseases/what-is-ptosis

I kinda get your theories and assumptions about “sanpaku eyes”. I’ve found all of the information fascinating in fact since I had no idea that was a thing until @magemaud brought it up in a past episode thread. But we need to stop with the jokes about how her eyes are a symptom of “stonerism” (I saw someone post that upthread) or ruminating about how “she must be drunk” or “on meds/drugs” whatever. I find it very hurtful.

Apparently, Jen does not. She says she finds these comments/memes hilarious and shrugs them off and moves on. If you have not, you should steal this clever, genius idea. I personally love her! She’s fantastic. I now look back on the time I was bullied in 6th grade to the point of being suicidal, and wish I could come up with a hilarious comeback.

So with that said, snarkers, I wanna end on a powerful note with the following: image.jpeg.352dd38f7fba1cf90a42deed5790f6a6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I found on Instagram that Jen’s eyes are the result of a certain medical condition. Ptosis is the drooping of the upper eyelid, which may make it very hard to see clearly from the top part of the eye. It is also very hard to open your eyes all the way as you might get eye strain from it.

My brother, father, grandfather and I all have/had ptosis, moreso on one eye than the other. We refer to it as the "Murphy droopy eye." My brother had the surgery on his which was covered by insurance because it affected his vision. I had plastic surgery on a skin cancer a few months ago and the plastic surgeon said all I would need to get was a letter from my opthamologist that it was medically necessary, but I'm so squeamish about anything involving my eyes, I probably won't do anything about it. 

• Hugs 2
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Moving the other way may have a higher success rate if folks meet as students studying at the same college or university, folks who meet in terms of business travel, common friends, etc. 

absolutely. But would people watch a show based on ordinary meeting stories? 

23 hours ago, Eldemarge said:

There you go, Debbie! Don't let a dude pull that shit on you twice!  Then it's all the time.  You cut it off the first time.

He didn't even help her with that truckload of luggage at the airport.

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

My brother, father, grandfather and I all have/had ptosis, moreso on one eye than the other. We refer to it as the "Murphy droopy eye." My brother had the surgery on his which was covered by insurance because it affected his vision. I had plastic surgery on a skin cancer a few months ago and the plastic surgeon said all I would need to get was a letter from my opthamologist that it was medically necessary, but I'm so squeamish about anything involving my eyes, I probably won't do anything about it. 

Never gotten any eye surgery. I’ve always been afraid of those procedures ever since I saw the son of a former client of mine get evisceration eye surgery to remove cancer. They basically had to jut out his entire eye. It traumatized me so much. I would never wish that on someone like Jen; I do notice that she has seemed to manage her case just by not opening her eyes all the way. If she needs surgery, I’ll let her be the judge for herself. It’s a very unique condition, and I actually think it’s really cool learning about different medical differences in society.

• Like 1

I crack up every time I see a commercial with sad looking Nicole wearing her modest swimsuit. For someone so fashion minded, she really didn’t seem to research much. These swimsuits are suitably modest but don’t look like a wetsuit. I had to chuckle at the description that referred to them as “burkinis” 

https://www.madammebk.com/

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Hola snarkers! Will we finally get to see the donkey tonight? I am so tired from cooking all afternoon I didn't even take my calcium! Has everyone had a good week?

i'll be honest, I think the donkey was a TLC tease that won't happen.

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2

Rated last week’s episode a 3. Debbie’s scenes made this a 4-quality episode. Meanwhile, HOW is it possible that Jen, who has two masters degrees and is a SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGIST, doesn’t understand visas? TLC, you are warping my brain. This shit is unreal.

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

New twist tonight! Nicole and Mahmoud argue about her clothing choices…….oh, never mind. How’s everyone doing?

And we'll get to hear Jen and Rishi bicker about his "traditional" family. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Hey Peeps.

Quick question before we go swimming... do I have to wear anything under this burkini!?!?!?

Something that won’t get you cast in the remake of Logan’s Run.

• LOL 4
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm partial to the beach wedding with the life size cutout of Cameron's dad. 

There are just too many classic weddings on that show to count…

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1