Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

I've been having trouble with my left knee for weeks now and it seems to be getting worse, so I'm hoping to see my doctor this week. I think the pain is related to my sciatica. I hate going to the doctor but I hate walking like Frankenstein's monster more.

Feel better @mmecorday!

giphy.gif

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

This guy really ended up being a putz, should have got the "prenush". His young wife screwed his ex wife's husband while they were all living under one roof during quarantine. Now she has a new boyfriend.

She broke up with her baby daddy if that's the boyfriend you're referring to, or else I wouldn't be surprised she's got a new boyfriend after the baby daddy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Suzywriter said:

Time for Family Feud. It seems so fitting after this mess.

We have to watch Family Feud AND Jeopardy! with the sound off.  One of our dogs hates the buzzers and/or the music.  She weighs over 80 pounds and when she hears either show barely begin, she tries to climb onto my overweight middle-aged son...in his recliner.  It's a sad sad sight.  I end up apologizing; for some reason I forget too often.

• LOL 8
5 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Me too!  I've lived in New York City my entire life.  My husband is from Columbus, Ohio.  He thinks we are going to retire there, one day.  Poor thing!

I lived in a suburb of Columbus when I was first married.  It's definitely not Rapid City small city; it has that certain gargantuan university and is very built up.  I've only been to NYC once and that was overwhelming (yet the people were friendly and helpful, not at all the stereotype).

4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Any place where 'lake effects snow' combines with other nasty weather is off my list of ever moving there.  

Then I guess my hometown of Cleveland is way, way off your list :).

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

We have to watch Family Feud AND Jeopardy! with the sound off.  One of our dogs hates the buzzers and/or the music.  She weighs over 80 pounds and when she hears either show barely begin, she tries to climb onto my overweight middle-aged son...in his recliner.  It's a sad sad sight.  I end up apologizing; for some reason I forget too often.

OMG SAME!!! Was just waiting for someone to say this. The loud buzzers on Family Feud just instantly shut my brain off every single time. I immediately go in the other room because my dad LOVES that show.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, ExMathMajor said:

Those of you who’ve experienced new parenthood, tell me: Were you this desperate to get away from your baby? What percentage of the time? Trying to garner some kind of sympathy for Emily because…I’m failing…

Not desperate to get away from the 1 1/2 yr old baby, but desperate for some alone time with my husband, who'd been away for 10 weeks at boot camp, and was going back for OCS after about a week. It doesn't sound like long now, but it was an awful time. Mom and dad kept him overnight at their home the first night.

The ironic thing was we also planned another night that week to go out to Big Boy's, so my parents watched him for the afternoon and evening. We'd been swimming and came back to our apartment to a phone call from my mom, desperately saying, "I tried to stop her, but your roommate from nursing school said she was on her way for a visit (from 30 miles away) and wanted your address. I'm sorry! I tried to explain."

When roommate arrived, she wanted to know what was for dinner. I told her our plans. She opined that she hated Big Boy and glared at me, expecting me to change plans and fix them some dinner! Sorry, wasn't planning on caving, lol. The nerve!

Sorry, I became ill last night and couldn't stick around for the live chat. Better today!

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

OMG SAME!!! Was just waiting for someone to say this. The loud buzzers on Family Feud just instantly shut my brain off every single time. I immediately go in the other room because my dad LOVES that show.

I feel the same way about every noise from The Price is Right, every single noise.

23 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I still have no understanding of neck tattoos. 

The succinct quality and almost wholesome honesty of this post is just *chef’s kiss* 🤣 I, too, just don’t understand them. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 5/1/2022 at 8:02 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Ari’s parents probably sold their home during this crazy buyers market. I’m sure they made a pretty penny.

I'm answering this in the couples thread for Ari and Bini.

• Love 2
On 5/1/2022 at 8:56 PM, Suzywriter said:

Speaking of rings, I'm ordering a class ring for Mother's Day.
Commencement is in two weeks...Bachelor of Science, dual major. I turn 60 on Tuesday. Woot!

Congratulations.  It's going to be a great day when you walk across the stage to get that diploma.  Stop, turn around, and look at the audience during your walk.  You EARNED the right to be proud!  I got my bachelor's degree at 50 and it was one of the best days of my life.

• Love 9
On 5/1/2022 at 8:58 PM, JennyMominFL said:
On 5/1/2022 at 8:55 PM, kacesq said:

Oh FFS...we don’t need a goddamned explanation of what a bidet is...

for washing your backside? aye?

Points if you get this reference.

Crocodile Dundee!

I never get to watch live because of my job. But I read all the live chat every week. Sometimes it takes me a week to get through. You guys are all awesome! I laugh so hard.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 5/2/2022 at 1:47 AM, AR Traveler said:

I lived in a suburb of Columbus when I was first married.  It's definitely not Rapid City small city; it has that certain gargantuan university and is very built up.  I've only been to NYC once and that was overwhelming (yet the people were friendly and helpful, not at all the stereotype).

Then I guess my hometown of Cleveland is way, way off your list :).

I think Columbus, and especially its gargantuan university, is beautiful. I love the reflecting pond and park. Visited there for a homecoming in the late 60's and loved it.

ETA: "Lake effect snow" and Cleveland are practically synonymous, lol. I've lived in three locations with lake effect snow and it feels like a curse. Akron, Buffalo, Chicago. Chicago being the most ironic since we are east of the lake. Who'd a thunk it?

Edited by renatae
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

Sorry that last week we were on vacay in Atlanta, and I came home with every infection literally from my head cold down. So another week without snarking, I’m so sad 😭 

Uh oh! Hope you are better, m’dear.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

Sorry that last week we were on vacay in Atlanta, and I came home with every infection literally from my head cold down. So another week without snarking, I’m so sad 😭 

Oh, no! Go straight to bed with some hot brandy and a cookie. We will save your spot. Take care of yourself! We'll miss you!

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

Maybe some red wine thrown in your face would help?

Get better soon.

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

You'll also be missed.  Take care of yourself.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

Thanks! You have to snark extra for me

Don't forget to bring a doctor's note with you next week.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

"Ow. That burns"

Howdy folks! I'm forgoing the red wine tonight for some of the non staining variety. 

I spilled seltzer water on a white shirt once. Red wine took the stain right out.

• LOL 9
12 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

Glad you are feeling better!!

Hey Peeps. Happy mothers day!   Glad to see Yve is celebrating with her "adoptive" son.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Good evening all! And a happy Mother’s Day to all celebrating! I took my mom to a fancy steakhouse and it sucked lol. Obviously didn’t cut the steak on the bias...

• LOL 9
  • Love 1