Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Thanks for all the laughs! I have yet another sick kitty in the house, this time my 12-year-old orange tabby, Simon. He was diagnosed with pancreatitis on Wednesday and it's making him feel miserable. He is such a sweet boy and he's my favorite of the five (shh, you didn't hear that from me.) If you could, say a little prayer for him this week.

See you all Sunday!

• Love 10
Just now, Hotel Snarker said:

Okay, I'm glad we get Koreaboo Deavan 2.0 next week!

Tipping is not nice. It’s necessary. JFC Jasmine.

Not in all places. Some countries do not have tipping. It is included in the bill.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Alright, my friends! You guys were on fire tonite and cheered me up! Cannot wait for next week with Big Deavan 2.0! I'll see some of you guys around the forums! For those of you who I won't see again until next week, have a Merry Christmas! You all have a great night! Peace out.

• Love 14
Just now, Hotel Snarker said:

Okay, I'm glad we get Koreaboo Deavan 2.0 next week!

Tipping is not nice. It’s necessary. JFC Jasmine.

Is Colombia one of those countries where the tip is already included? That could explain Jasmine's attitude.

Thanks for the snark! Hope everyone gets an electric toothbrush for the holidays!

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Good snarking Peeps!!  That was a whole lotta nothing that happened on our screens the last two+ hours.

Have a great week and a Merry Christmas (if you celebrate)!

See you all next week for BGK getting offended at being called "Super Fan" while wearing a SojaBoy t-shirt.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I forgot about Asian Obsessed Woman we'll meet next week. The fact that there are 7 couples this season instead of the usual 6 leads me to believe one couple will crap out early, like the Airport Pole Dancer. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14
37 minutes ago, GrammyPammy said:

Make things easy on yourself, we’re in a pandemic!

(My daughter graduated yesterday with a degree in Behavioral and Brain Science)

97844051-7468-4B8C-A21B-12A8AA88651E.jpeg

Congrats to your daughter! 

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Thanks for all the laughs! I have yet another sick kitty in the house, this time my 12-year-old orange tabby, Simon. He was diagnosed with pancreatitis on Wednesday and it's making him feel miserable. He is such a sweet boy and he's my favorite of the five (shh, you didn't hear that from me.) If you could, say a little prayer for him this week.

See you all Sunday!

Hope he feels better soon! 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Jasmine’s friend brings the reality and Jasmine refuses to listen. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Late to the party again - so sorry. I guess I need a strong man to get me in line. (Please, God, no.)

I'm getting really bored with the going to the airport / getting lectured by friends sequences. Bah. And Sharp cheated us by not letting us see the in-person meeting of Alina and what's-his-name this week.

Kim's already arguing with the friends. Bodes well. Usman's third American woman. Wonder what his angle is. LOL.

Have a great holiday week, everyone. Good luck, Trackdawg!

Edited by renatae
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, magemaud said:

There’s a requirement that every season there is a “stranded at a foreign airport” scene. 

Apparently Ximena will be pulling an Evelin.

11 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Have a wonderful time. I have only been to California once long ago for a short time and it's on my bucket list to go back there.

The last time I went to Cali I was only six years old! I am so happy to be returning tomorrow!

11 hours ago, OoogleEyes said:

What is it with TLC and the Magic Sperm?

They must really love vacation dick lately.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, greekmom said:

That fool is taking his protein powder!!!!! hahahahahaha

12 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

This idiot packed protein powder?

Cowlip might be a douchebro for so many other reasons, but I would cut him a break on this one.

He said he's traveled overseas before, right? Though I try to get my protein from #DeadAnimalFlesh when I can, powders can be really convenient. I usually try to get Whey Protein Isolates, with low sugar (and hopefully not disgusting taste), but often all I found overseas was sugary, soy filler crap in flavors like Chalk Supreme or Dirt Clump Delight.

I still have athlete friends overseas begging me to send them some proteins from here.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, GrammyPammy said:

Make things easy on yourself, we’re in a pandemic!

(My daughter graduated yesterday with a degree in Behavioral and Brain Science)

97844051-7468-4B8C-A21B-12A8AA88651E.jpeg

Congratulations to her and to you! You now have the perfect "90DF" viewing companion!

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Gobi said:

Is Colombia one of those countries where the tip is already included?

I found this: "In most restaurants in Colombia there is a 10 percent voluntary (Propina Voluntaria). Most people pay it, but it is not required. ... If you aren`t satisfied with the service, you can forgo a tip altogether. Bartenders customarily receive a tip equivalent to about 50 cents to $1 per drink."

Since Mike doesn't know much Spanish, he probably doesn't know what "Propina Voluntaria" means on the bill and paid that plus an extra few pesos. Of course Jasmine wouldn't tell him that it was already included because then there wouldn't be any drama about him being too nice to the waitress. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

One guy brings condoms; another guy, a pregnancy test. Different goals! 

I just cannot with Gino. A toothbrush and a pregnancy test?! Really?!

6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Since Mike doesn't know much Spanish, he probably doesn't know what "Propina Voluntaria" means on the bill and paid that plus an extra few pesos. 

Mike should try Duolingo or Pimsleur.

These Americans who go to other countries are so freaking lazy about learning the  language! I mean, I am not a world traveler, and most of my international travel was done before the internet (or before the internet was what it is today.)

Despite the fact that these people had months, sometimes years to learn the language, how hard is it in this day and age to at the VERY least, look up key facts about the country they are going to, and to learn key phrases that will help them once they get there (i.e. where is the bathroom, how do i find a taxi, 2 beers please, do you speak english, i am lost, etc.) 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

I found this: "In most restaurants in Colombia there is a 10 percent voluntary (Propina Voluntaria). Most people pay it, but it is not required. ... If you aren`t satisfied with the service, you can forgo a tip altogether. Bartenders customarily receive a tip equivalent to about 50 cents to $1 per drink."

Since Mike doesn't know much Spanish, he probably doesn't know what "Propina Voluntaria" means on the bill and paid that plus an extra few pesos. Of course Jasmine wouldn't tell him that it was already included because then there wouldn't be any drama about him being too nice to the waitress. 

Wasn't that scene with Gino?  He's in 🎶Panama🎶  Google tells me that in 🎶Panama🎶 a 10% tip at a restaurant is customary and is not already included in the bill.

Edited by TazDevil
  • Love 2