Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E20: High Rollers #2, Nominations #7

Melina22
Message added by peachmangosteen,

NO FEEDS TALK! Also, we understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

I REALLY think Derek X is going to regret not playing. I hope I'm wrong. 

I love Azah. No one on the show makes me laugh harder than she does, and she seems like someone I'd love to be friends with, but why do they end every episode with her looking like someone shot her dog? 

Oh Alyssa. If you feel bad about putting X on the block, wait till you find out you could have won that game with 1spin! 

The people who are getting the most BB Bucks seem sort of random. I was surprised Azah got none again. Is it because people think she's safe? I find her so likeable. Then again, most of them are likeable this season. 

• Love 5

Best case scenario for finally something interesting to happen is Derek X wining the veto and takes Claire down....then we've got two cookout members up on the block and we will see who is truly loyal to who.

With the exception of the ever affable Derek F...it's looks like based on voting dollars America isn't really thrilled about one alliance steamrolling through the entire game. Also it appears there is much love for Derek X...probably even moreso now that he is clearly putting together what's going on behind the scenes.

And as everyone predicted Ky was immediatly trying to manipulate Sarah Beth.

• Love 6

Well, I hate this roulette bullshit!  

It was really funny when Tiffany said something like, "If I could pick the last person in my ENTIRE LIFE, my ENTIRE WORLD to win HOH it would be SB!"

SB's voice oh my god.  I can't wait to not hear it anymore one day.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6

Julie had said that there would be chances throughout the week for the houseguests to win more BB Bucks, that was clearly a lie. As it is now, unless America has given you $100 at least once, it’s impossible to play in the final High Rollers game. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Cotypubby said:

Julie had said that there would be chances throughout the week for the houseguests to win more BB Bucks, that was clearly a lie. As it is now, unless America has given you $100 at least once, it’s impossible to play in the final High Rollers game. 

Yes, I heard her say that.  I was anticipating little challenges during the week. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes, I heard her say that.  I was anticipating little challenges during the week. 

I would not rule them out just yet; there’s still plenty of time before next week’s final highroller comp.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Ok, I'm calling bullshit. There is no way that enough people like DereF that he got $100 BB Bucks. He's annoying as hell. I assumed this "vote" would be a way for production to protect people they liked, and now I'm even more sure of it. I don't know 10 people who watch this show that like DereF. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

If doesn't matter how likable anyone may appear to be, if their actions are downright ugly.  Likability doesn't even factor into that equation.  The actions themselves speak louder than words.   This is one ugly season, no matter how it is spun.  It is ugly.

Another predictably boring episode, and as I have said in a previous post, Sarah Beth is nothing more than Ky's sock puppet.

This is the least “ugly” season I have seen in a loooooong time. I don’t normally watch the feeds so if something happened there, I don’t know about it. From what I’ve seen during the show, this is probably the nicest group of people they’ve ever had. 

• Love 19
19 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

Ok, I'm calling bullshit. There is no way that enough people like DereF that he got $100 BB Bucks. He's annoying as hell. I assumed this "vote" would be a way for production to protect people they liked, and now I'm even more sure of it. I don't know 10 people who watch this show that like DereF. 

Deref is super popular on Facebook. No, I don't get it either. But he does get a lot of camera time, he gets a fair amount of DRs, and he has a lot of goodwill because of his relationship with Britini who was also a big Facebook favourite and because he and Tiffany butt heads. I don't think it's a mistake or a fix from Production - but I'm beginning to think that America can't be trusted and needs adult supervision.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10

Of this cast, I like Derex, Azah & Deref the most, so if I were the BB-Bucks-vote-casting type, mine would go to them.  Alas, I am not.

I want Azah & Deref to realize they're on the bottom of the CO, and work with Claire & Derex - but (1) they can't because reasons, and (2) they'd still be on the bottom. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

This season is still ugly, and since my discussion is about this episode and this season as a whole which is very much on topic, other seasons aren't relevant and off topic.  Is the conduct of what is going on this season acceptable or not?  It is irrelevant what has gone on in other seasons, that is deflecting.  Of course the answer is, no.   The house guests might not be in each other's face being nasty to each other, but their actions beyond that are still awful.

First off, I have to disagree with your initial premise of past seasons’ irrevelance.  By its very nature, anything purporting to be a measure of what does or does not constitute “acceptable conduct” is dependent upon a standard by which acceptability can be gauged, and I have seen no other standard presented for evaluation other than past performances.  What generally accepted comparative standard are you positing other than past seasons?

Secondly, what actions are you seeing which would rise to the level of “awful”?  Concerted, organized gameplay by a group in the House which is designed to be disadvantageous to HGs not in the group?  That is the very definition of an alliance - and regardless of the group’s discriminatory membership criteria, I fail to see how a game practice which has been commonly accepted practice since the show’s inception should now be considered “awful”.  IHMO civility has been the rule in this House rather than the exception - which does, unfortunately, make for a rather boring season.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21

This season is still ugly, and since my discussion is about this episode and this season as a whole which is very much on topic, other seasons aren't relevant and off topic.  Is the conduct of what is going on this season acceptable or not?  It is irrelevant what has gone on in other seasons, that is deflecting.  Of course the answer is, no.   The house guests might not be in each other's face being nasty to each other, but their actions beyond that are still awful.

I'm not sure what conduct you're alluding to that's been going on this season which is not acceptable.  Alliances, going back on promises, etc. are part of the game and happen every season.  I think people have referenced prior seasons because in their view (and mine), there were seasons in the past that truly were ugly -- houseguests were fired from their jobs, CBS has had to do post-eviction interviews with no audience because the evicted houseguests had behaved so badly, etc.  There's been none of that this season.

If the objection is that people of color have formed an alliance, I fail to see how that's any different from all-male alliances of the past.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't like large alliances in general, but I really don't like alliances that exclude others based on appearance.  If people don't get along due to a personality conflict, that I would understand.

The entire history of BB is rife with such; it’s just that previously the discriminatory criteria has usually been either (a) body type or (b) Y chromosome presence/absence.

• LOL 2
  • Love 19

OK so this roulette power allowed Alyssa to pull Derek F off the block and spin the wheel for his replacement, but before the Veto is played. What happens if Xavier or Claire wins Veto - can Sara Beth re-nominate Derek F? Or is he safe for the week? Honestly - this is a pretty dumb power. I understand SB's logic in wanting it used this week but the reverse is also true: she won't be safe next week and could play for that power herself, so it's equally advantageous to have it still in play when she's vulnerable.

I was yelling at Derek X to play the roulette game. Does he really feel that safe? I thought he was smarter than that. Also? When he was asking Ky whether he should play it, Ky said he shouldn't because it would go against what the HoH wanted. Huh? First of all, SB was telling everyone to play it. Second of all, if he plays it and wins he's safe so he doesn't have to care what SB thinks. This should have been a tip-off to him.

I'm liking Tiffany less and less, unfortunately. She's a bossy-pants for sure. I'm not even sure I understand the tiff between her and Derek F but didn't it boil down to her demanding that she speak to Britini alone and Derek simply asking why and calling her on it? Tiffany seems to think everyone has to do what she says.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

MWhat happens if Xavier or Claire wins Veto - can Sara Beth re-nominate Derek F? Or is he safe for the week?

It’s been previously announced on the broadcast that the High Roller Room PoV is a second garden-variety Golden Power of Veto, so DerF should be protected from renomination.

When he was asking Ky whether he should play it, Ky said he shouldn't because it would go against what the HoH wanted. Huh? First of all, SB was telling everyone to play it.

That in and of itself should’ve been a great big freaking red flag to DX – who has been making a point of saying how he regularly talks with everybody in the house and compares notes, but apparently hasn’t been doing THAT good a job of it.

Edited by Nashville
Typo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Also it appears there is much love for Derek X...probably even moreso now that he is clearly putting together what's going on behind the scenes.

Second week at $100 should've been a giant red MOLLY U IN DANGER GURL flag. 

America is trying to help you because you need help. 

Disappointed that he was dumb enough not to see that. 

Edited by Drogo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
31 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I'm liking Tiffany less and less, unfortunately. She's a bossy-pants for sure. I'm not even sure I understand the tiff between her and Derek F but didn't it boil down to her demanding that she speak to Britini alone and Derek simply asking why and calling her on it? Tiffany seems to think everyone has to do what she says.

All I hear is that everyone this season is nice to each other.  I don't think having an alliance constructed that excludes house guests the way the Cookout excludes house guests as being nice.  I am not saying they are horrible people.  I just don't think they are being nice.

This is part of what bugs me. Tiffany doesn't like Derek F, but will protect him till the end because he's black. She claims that Claire is her best friend in the house, but is willing to lie to her and put her up on the block because she's not black. That's pretty shitty.

I know what other seasons have done. It was shitty then too. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

This is part of what bugs me. Tiffany doesn't like Derek F, but will protect him till the end because he's black in her alliance. She claims that Claire is her best friend in the house, but is willing to lie to her and put her up on the block because she's not black in her alliance. 

Edits mine.  It's a Big Brother alliance, so it's nothing new that it's not based on soulmate potential. 

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

First of all, SB was telling everyone to play it. Second of all, if he plays it and wins he's safe so he doesn't have to care what SB thinks. This should have been a tip-off to him.

SB wants the power used, but Ky she also wants to backdoor Derex.  He shouldn't care what she thinks, and he shouldn't trust Ky.  This may be his biggest regret of the game.  It may also be hers when she realizes that doing what Ky wants --or what Ky has made her think she wants --is ultimately hurting her own game.  Kudos to Ky for great playing though.  Derex is my favorite but he's sinking his own ship.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Edits mine.  It's a Big Brother alliance, so it's nothing new that it's not based on soulmate potential. 

Exactly. This is how every alliance works in this show. You have your core group you are loyal to, and your side deals/friends outside of it. There will come a time when you’re going to have to nominate/vote off a friend if that friend is not in your core alliance.

The only thing that may be different this time is that that core alliance is actually working, no one has yet cracked or formed a new one when they realized they were on the bottom, as happens so many times. 

Every single year people say “all the women should form an alliance and stop the bros from taking over!” and rarely (if ever?) does that work, and yet that doesn’t get pushback from viewers calling it “ugly.” There have also never been enough Black people before to even try to form an alliance like this. 

Edited by Cotypubby
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Yeah, but that has happened in pretty much every high school click that ever existed.  Jocks hang out with jocks and cheerleaders, no socials outcasts allowed.  I am not saying it is right, but it always seems people align that way.

Yup - and many times race is a factor in those clique alignments as well.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, JayDub1987 said:

Ok, I'm calling bullshit. There is no way that enough people like DereF 

I like Deref. I like his protectiveness of Azah and Britini, especially Britini. I like how he tried to settle things with Tiffany. I like his calm voice in the DRs and how he blew kisses to Britini and to Alyssa...he sounded so genuine. And I like that he praises his momma.

BTW, Tiffany was so rude in her argument with Deref. He was trying to relate to her and she's all, "we are not cut from the same cloth!"

6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I was yelling at Derek X to play the roulette game. Does he really feel that safe? I thought he was smarter than that. Also? When he was asking Ky whether he should play it, Ky said he shouldn't because it would go against what the HoH wanted. 

Derex totally forgot what Claire told him in the previous episode when he was worried bc X and Kyland were trying to get him to throw the hoh competition. She told him not to listen to what they say, they might be trying to backdoor you.

6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'm not surprised she's only been getting 50 BB bucks.

• Love 7

DereX was so foolish for not playing the roulette. 

ITA that him getting $100 two weeks in a row was a giant red flag waving in his face to say "PLAY!!!!!!"

Who cares about the coin game the following week? You have to make it to the following week for it to be relevant.

You go for every power you can, while you can, because you never know in this game. 

TL/DR: DereX - smoke 'em while you got 'em.

It will take some kind of Christmas (and no, not the one that's engaged to Memphis) miracle to keep him off the block and going to jury this week.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Drogo said:

That is true. And if those previous alliances were considered racist and/or misogynist, then this one would be too?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

DereX was so foolish for not playing the roulette. 

ITA that him getting $100 two weeks in a row was a giant red flag waving in his face to say "PLAY!!!!!!"

Who cares about the coin game the following week? You have to make it to the following week for it to be relevant.

You go for every power you can, while you can, because you never know in this game. 

TL/DR: DereX - smoke 'em while you got 'em.

It will take some kind of Christmas (and no, not the one that's engaged to Memphis) miracle to keep him off the block and going to jury this week.

Seems like Derex is learning how to play BB while in the BB house. He definitely doesn't understand how close he is to leaving and has no sense of urgency. I was dying inside when he said he was going to save his money to play next week!

sorry for the double post, I don't know how that happened

Edited by LeDucDiableBleu
20 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

don't like large alliances in general, but I really don't like alliances that exclude others based on appearance. 

It's not based on appearance though; it's based on shared life experiences including generational experiences and, for most of them, possibly generational trauma (perhaps not Azah as, IIRC, the daughter of an immigrant?).  

• Love 5
On 8/23/2021 at 12:10 PM, Cotypubby said:

This is the least “ugly” season I have seen in a loooooong time. I don’t normally watch the feeds so if something happened there, I don’t know about it. From what I’ve seen during the show, this is probably the nicest group of people they’ve ever had. 

I am one who is against the cookout, since it is a race thing. But I agree. This group is not bad. Kind of dull actually. But it is nice to not have people yelling and screaming. They act like...adults!

22 hours ago, Nashville said:

The entire history of BB is rife with such; it’s just that previously the discriminatory criteria has usually been either (a) body type or (b) Y chromosome presence/absence.

Yep.

I also think it’s the “large” part of the Cookout that is driving a lot of the controversy. If say, the Cookout was just Tiffany Xavier, and Derek F, and they were the only black houseguests in the house, I question if there would be this reaction. I strongly doubt it even though the concept of the Cookout would be exactly the same. It seems more like the fact that they have the numbers to wield power like big (and primarily white) alliances have in the past, are sticking together, and are getting rid of people’s favorites that is at the real root of the issue. It’s the “power” part of the equation, not the “race” one, IMO. That’s how it looks to me at least. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 7
16 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Yep.

I also think it’s the “large” part of the Cookout that is driving a lot of the controversy. If say, the Cookout was just Tiffany Xavier, and Derek F, and they were the only black houseguests in the house, I question if there would be this reaction. I strongly doubt it even though the concept of the Cookout would be exactly the same. It seems more like the fact that they have the numbers to wield power like big (and primarily white) alliances have in the past, are sticking together, and are getting rid of people’s favorites that is at the real root of the issue. It’s the “power” part of the equation, not the “race” one, IMO. That’s how it looks to me at least. 

They have stated they want the white people out. It's about race. Not power. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:

I’m referring to the reaction to them, which is IMO about the power that they hold in the house. The Cookout wants a black winner, and it’s a show where someone gets eliminated each week. Of course, to get to a black winner, they have to vote the white houseguests (and all others, including 4 of their own) out. If they didn’t have the power (numbers) to control the house, I don’t think there would be anywhere near as much controversy as there is. I don’t remember anyone caring about Dayvonne and Bayleigh being aligned even though they were also quite clear that they wanted one or the other to win because there had never been a black winner. They just didn’t have any power or control. 

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I’m referring to the reaction to them, which is IMO about the power that they hold in the house. The Cookout wants a black winner, and it’s a show where someone gets eliminated each week. Of course, to get to a black winner, they have to vote the white houseguests (and all others, including 4 of their own) out. If they didn’t have the power (numbers) to control the house, I don’t think there would be anywhere near as much controversy as there is. I don’t remember anyone caring about Dayvonne and Bayleigh being aligned even though they were also quite clear that they wanted one or the other to win because there had never been a black winner. They just didn’t have any power or control. 

Oh I see. I misunderstand. 

BTW, Tiffany was so rude in her argument with Deref. He was trying to relate to her and she's all, "we are not cut from the same cloth!"

What exactly was their beef anyway? Can someone refresh my memory? I did think that Derek sounded more reasonable between the two of them in his attempt to smooth things over. She just seemed like she wanted to vent.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

What exactly was their beef anyway? Can someone refresh my memory? I did think that Derek sounded more reasonable between the two of them in his attempt to smooth things over. She just seemed like she wanted to vent.

Remember the time that Christian and SB were on the block? Tiffany sent Christian to get Britini because she wanted to talk to her about possibly keeping Christian. Deref (and Azah) accompanied Britini up to talk to Tiffany in order to prevent Britini from being intimidated by Tiffany. Tiffany wasn't having it, she wanted Britini alone, but Deref wouldn't allow it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Tiffany wasn't having it, she wanted Britini alone, but Deref wouldn't allow it.

Deref did leave pretty quickly though (editing wise at least) and Britini stayed. I don't believe they showed if anything really happened after that though.

1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Deref (and Azah) accompanied Britini up to talk to Tiffany in order to prevent Britini from being intimidated by Tiffany. Tiffany wasn't having it, she wanted Britini alone, but Deref wouldn't allow it.

At one point he called her a coward and really offended her, then never apologized. She felt very disrespected by the insult, then by his refusal to admit he was wrong. 

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Deref did leave pretty quickly though (editing wise at least) and Britini stayed. I don't believe they showed if anything really happened after that though.

Yeah it did seem like he left quickly after their tiff. 

10 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

At one point he called her a coward and really offended her, then never apologized. She felt very disrespected by the insult, then by his refusal to admit he was wrong. 

I thought I heard him say that, but I wasn't too sure.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Melina22 said:

At one point [DerF] called [Tiff] a coward and really offended her, then never apologized. She felt very disrespected by the insult, then by his refusal to admit he was wrong. 

2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Yeah it did seem like he left quickly after their tiff. 

I thought I heard him say that, but I wasn't too sure.

Yup.  DerF didn’t have enough testicular fortitude to say it to Tiff’s face (of course), so he threw it over his shoulder as he was walking out the door.

• Love 3
On 8/24/2021 at 1:23 PM, Cherry Cola said:

not sure I agree but even if true at least they are honest about it.  unlike past seasons where those in control say it's not a race based decision but always seem to nominate the people of color.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, watch2much said:

not sure I agree but even if true at least they are honest about it.  unlike past seasons where those in control say it's not a race based decision but always seem to nominate the people of color.

But if white people literally said they were going after poc, would you still be ok with it, because they were "honest?"

• Love 3
On 8/25/2021 at 2:00 PM, watch2much said:

How can people on previous seasons "always" seem to nominate POC if there were only 2 or 3 POC in each season to begin with?

I just wish people would stop justifying the blatant ACTUAL racism on this season by thinking it's the same as previous seasons.

In previous seasons, alliances didn't form on the basis of skin color and didn't bloc vote based on skin color.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Yogi Mantle said:

How can people on previous seasons "always" seem to nominate POC if there were only 2 or 3 POC in each season to begin with?

I just wish people would stop justifying the blatant ACTUAL racism on this season by thinking it's the same as previous seasons.

In previous seasons, alliances didn't form on the basis of skin color and didn't bloc vote based on skin color.

*cough*Season15*cough*

• Love 1