Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 38 (2021-2022)

Athena
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, 853fisher said:

I had no idea Molly Brown was an actress later in life.

Nor did I (I knew she used her fame to advocate for the rights of women, workers, and children, but that's it other than surviving the famous sinking and being played by the wonderful Kathy Bates in the over-hyped film I hate).

But ask me about a female Titanic survivor in this context, and I'm going to guess Molly Brown since there aren't that many passengers widely known by name, so when you narrow that down to survivors and then to female survivors -- who else will likely be the subject in anything other than a more specific trivia contest?

I suspect they all thought she was too obvious, that with this being the DJ round, it was someone else; if it was her, it should be a $200 rather than $1600 clue.  I'm just surprised no one took the guess anyway, given the number of times a clue like this happens.

Same with Thomas Watson; I can only surmise "buddy of Alexander Graham Bell" would make most contestants think of Watson, but it being a $2000 clue made these three think it must be someone less obvious. 

But J! does this sort of thing enough I'm still surprised when one of the three doesn't toss it out there.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Nor did I (I knew she used her fame to advocate for the rights of women, workers, and children, but that's it other than surviving the famous sinking and being played by the wonderful Kathy Bates in the over-hyped film I hate).

But ask me about a female Titanic survivor in this context, and I'm going to guess Molly Brown since there aren't that many passengers widely known by name, so when you narrow that down to survivors and then to female survivors -- who else will likely be the subject in anything other than a more specific trivia contest?

I suspect they all thought she was too obvious, that with this being the DJ round, it was someone else; if it was her, it should be a $200 rather than $1600 clue.  I'm just surprised no one took the guess anyway, given the number of times a clue like this happens.

Same with Thomas Watson; I can only surmise "buddy of Alexander Graham Bell" would make most contestants think of Watson, but it being a $2000 clue made these three think it must be someone less obvious. 

But J! does this sort of thing enough I'm still surprised when one of the three doesn't toss it out there.

Good points on all counts.  I'll have to try to approach more clues this way.  The only other female survivors I can think of are Violet Jessop, the stewardess / nurse who later also survived the sinking of the Brittanic, and Mrs. John Jacob Astor.  The only other female passenger I could name is Ida Straus, wife of the Macy's owner, who famously refused to leave her husband (and my lizard brain still had her under "survivors" when trying to parse this clue).  So maybe this question just was not for me!

• Love 1
16 hours ago, zoey1996 said:

I have heard Nickelback's "Photograph" many times; it's a favorite of the local radio station. I have no idea why anyone would hate them 

I liked Nickelback and I never understood all the jokes about how they were the worst band of all time. Coincidentally, I watched an episode of Lucifer (season 3) last night and it contained a Nickelback joke, referencing listening to their music on repeat as a form of torture. I still don’t get it. 

• Love 3

I knew she used her fame to advocate for the rights of women, workers, and children

Definitely! Having researched Colorado's Ludlow Massacre (coal strike against John D Rockefeller) for my 1893-1923 Colorado saga, and having used real people except for my 2 protagonists in the Ludlow chapters, I know that Molly Brown donated food to the strikers.

• Love 4

Seeing 1957 in the clue, my mind first went to the Everly Brothers, which made no sense as they were already cranking out hits by then, not to mention that real-life brothers wouldn't have *met* at a church fair! 

S & G attended the same schools: Public School 164 in Kew Gardens Hills, Parsons Junior High School, and Forest Hills High School, so they couldn't have MET at a church fair. It was in high school that they became Tom and Jerry (my first husband sang backup). After Tom and Jerry, they tried Art & Paul (and went nowhere), then hit it big as S & G. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I got antirejection, and shouted, “I’m smarter than Amy!” (Not.)

My FJ guess was colosseum, even though there’s nothing in the word that said “ring” to me. I thought of and rejected arena because it seemed even less ring-y. Circus never occurred to me, but was an “oh, of course” moment when revealed.

I liked Ken’s callback to Ozma. Comments like that demonstrate he’s fully engaged, which I appreciate.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

I liked Ken’s callback to Ozma. Comments like that demonstrate he’s fully engaged, which I appreciate.

I liked that too.

I also thought of colosseum for FJ and was so sure it was right that I never thought of anything else.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Bastet said:

For FJ, I guessed amphitheater, then thought - even though etymology is not at all a strong suit - that didn't sound like something derived from Greek. 

In fact amphitheatre is Greek and the presence of ph and th are strong indicators of Greek.

I can't seem to find it but I thought there had been a recent clue about a Greek prefix meaning both where the response was amphitheatre. Maybe we were watching a Chase on the PVR and I got mixed up? 

Edited by SomeTameGazelle
Posted before finished
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Bastet said:

I was gobsmacked by the Molly Brown and Watson TS.  Antirejection surprised me a bit, too (I didn't know that one specifically, but I figured it pretty common knowledge the medications transplant recipients are given are to prevent rejecting the organ, so between that and the category's hint there was a J in the middle, I figured a contestant would join me in figuring antirejection.

I got the first two also, for antirejection, while I knew what kind of thing they were going for but I was trying (for some reason) to think of some shorter word or maybe an acronym with the J in the middle? not sure exactly why, it's just what my brain decided to do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, dcalley said:

Somewhat related to this "Monday curse" business, Ken loves to comment on Amy's Daily Double wagers. I think that could easily rattle some players, so I wish he'd stop or at least ease up on it. I don't think Amy is easily rattled, though!

To me it came across as a gentle tease and inside joke between two people who like each other.

15 hours ago, Leeds said:

He still brought the Monday/Tuesday thing back to himself, though.

As far as I'm concerned, a good host on a serious-minded quiz show should be "seen and not heard", so to speak.  Magnus Magnusson on Mastermind was a great example of this.

I understand your perspective.

For me, however, Ken's past as a Jeopardy champion only enhances his performance on the show - both in that kind of quip, and his empathy for the contestants themselves. And if I recall correctly, our dear departed Alex brought a fair share of things back to himself.

13 hours ago, Katy M said:

I hadn't the foggiest clue.  I said colisseum.

So far I haven't said my guess (a bad one) which was hippodrome. It sounded Greek and I vaguely knew they attracted crowds. Of course, if I'd spent a moment parsing "hippo" I would have realized I was wrong (though I don't know why horse <and chariot> races are in ovals rather than circles)

12 hours ago, secnarf said:

Nickelback's How You Remind Me was on my first "mixed CD" gifted to me by my cousin for Christmas in 2002 (I think...maybe +/- a year). I was so amazed that he could to do that 😂 Needless to say, I easily got Nickelback.

I remember back in the late 80's I really wanted to be able to buy individual songs, rather than entire albums. When it finally came about, I was happy that my wish came true.

12 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I got the $2K TS of antirejection, which seemed like a no-brainer.

I ran middle J until antirejection.  In this type of category, it never occurs to me to look for a word that starts with a prefix.

9 hours ago, 853fisher said:

I had no idea Molly Brown was an actress later in life.  Wikipedia describes her as a "socialite and philanthropist," which is all I knew.  I was trying to think of someone principally known as an actor who was on the ship. Watson...sure, it seems obvious to me now!  ;)

I got it right - but only because she was the only name I came up with (just watched Titanic) - and definitely thought I was wrong since she was a rich woman. I was gobsmacked that it was right.

I did fairly well. I was shocked, in Euro-Pourri to get both Slovakia (flags) and the Appenines (before the mister, who's a whiz at geography). Both of those were in no way in my strong areas. I almost ran the category until Targus - a river I've never heard of. I said the Guadalquivir, like Amy, because it ran though Seville, where we were stationed once.

• Love 4
On 1/3/2022 at 6:59 PM, Katy M said:

Me on final:  Oscar. No that sounds too obvious.  Maybe they had Oscars before that. Emmy.  No, that's probably too early for an Emmy. Tony.  I don't know what those look like (not sure why that's relevant).  Oscar, final answer.

I got the missed clues of red flag and X-files.

I got the entire categories of sin and science right.

Best night I've had for a while.

Me, too. That's the only sculptor I know.  OK, I guess not, but he is the first one I think of and I don't know many.

I know 3 sculptors. Rodin, Henry More, and Alexander Calder, although he might not be considered a sculptor in which case I know 2.

Edited by Paula O.
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

I rejected colosseum for the same reason and went to circus on the theory that it had a round sound and I could imagine the Greek κίρκος. If Maximus had come into my head I might have worried circus was too Latin. Arena didn't cross my mind at all and I know it relates to sand. 

Interesting. "The word arena originally meant "place of combat," and it's sometimes still used this way. Its root is harena, a kind of sand that was supposedly used on the floor during ancient Roman battles to soak up spilled blood." (from vocabulary.com)

12 hours ago, 853fisher said:

I had no idea Molly Brown was an actress later in life.  Wikipedia describes her as a "socialite and philanthropist," which is all I knew.  I was trying to think of someone principally known as an actor who was on the ship. Watson...sure, it seems obvious to me now!  ;)

I knew what they were going for but I blanked for a few seconds and only got as far as Molly before I ran out of time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Paula O. said:

I know 3 sculptors. Rodin, Henry More, and Alexander Calder, although he might be considered a sculptor in which case I know 2.

Henry Moore and Alexander Calder are definitely sculptors, but I could not get them to surface in my mind. 
Brancusi and Donatello are 2 more I should have thought of. 
But, thankfully, since the clue gave the sculptor's name, all I had to do was intuit "Oscar statuette."

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, dgpolo said:

Calder=Mobiles on Jeopardy.

Calder = Pollock and Pollock = Calder in my poor aged brain. Why? I have no freaking idea. Their artwork is completely different, and so are their names. I've seen both of their works, The one piece of Calder's I saw in person didn't exactly wow me. It was a small mobile. My response was something along the lines of "yup, that's a mobile alright." But then, I am a philistine.

I always have to say "no, the other one" when a clue about one of them comes up.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

Their artwork is completely different, and so are their names. I've seen both of their works,

I might have mentioned this before, I was visiting friends in Houston a long time ago and went to the Rothko Chapel in Houston, based on that one visit I've been able to answer most clues concerning him that have been on Jeopardy since.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, 853fisher said:

God be my witness, I've considered suffering through "Call Me Kat" just to help her get whatever ratings she needs for a renewal so Sony might move on.

Try turning it on and then leaving the room until it's over. Maybe go out and have a few drinks to soothe the pain of knowing she'll eventually be back. Her commercials even squee me out now because she does the same mugging and head tilting/grinning in those as she does as a J! "host." She needs to watch some serious newscaster women (or Ken) to learn how to be a proper game-show host.

• Love 10

I waffled among colosseum, arena, and stadium for FJ last night, and finally settled on colosseum mostly because there's one in Rome.  None of them sounded right, but I couldn't come up with anything better.  Circus never occurred to me, and likely never would.

But I did get the TS of Watson and Molly Brown, so I've got that going for me.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

To me it came across as a gentle tease and inside joke between two people who like each other.

I remember back in the late 80's I really wanted to be able to buy individual songs, rather than entire albums. When it finally came about, I was happy that my wish came true.

(First excerpt) Oh, agreed! I just worry he'll get into someone's head one of these days by weighing in on a DD wager.

(Second excerpt) I used to want to be able to buy individual channels and don't exactly love it now that you can!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Paula O. said:

I know 3 sculptors. Rodin, Henry More, and Alexander Calder, although he might not be considered a sculptor in which case I know 2.

Degas also sculpted.  If ballerinas are involved, he's my man.  (Just mentioning because it's a short and sweet go-to.)

• Love 5

January 5th:

77% / 67% / 70%

Not a bad first round...ran Hand-y Responses and Rain (fitting, since that's what it did here all day), and missed only one Player (admittedly thanks to a couple lucky guesses - Wayne Gretzky is the only hockey player I can reliably name and I've heard Tom Brady's name enough that I figured it was likely) and Single. Not as good in the second round; didn't run anything but I only missed one each in Lit, Composers, and Economy. Did not get FJ.

Got all three DDs and the missed clues of index fund, Mummer's Parade, Shostakovich, and abdicate.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

If the judges hadn't given Amy that extra money, it would not have been a runaway and FJ strategy would have been much different.

Yes, and Amy would have probably bet more and had even more money, since she's the only one who got FJ right.   

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

If the judges hadn't given Amy that extra money, it would not have been a runaway and FJ strategy would have been much different.

Interesting. I wonder what she would have wagered knowing if Mike wagered everything and gave the correct response and she gave an incorrect response, she would not be returning. 
If Amy had wagered $15,600 of $30,400 and given an incorrect response, and if Chantal had bet everything and guessed correctly, they would have tied at $14,800 for second place. 

And that's just one possibility.
I like to think Amy would have been wise enough to not spend too much mental energy on wagering mathematics rather than thinking about the 1950s, but maybe that's not a good strategy either.

And speaking of alternate answers:

• Would my "pinky swear" have been acceptable instead of "pinky promise" for the HAND-Y RESPONSES category clue of "Entwining of digits to seal a deal, often by kids"?
  • And would my "Rose Bowl" have been acceptable for the YOUR PARADE category clue of "FTD has been affiliated with this annual parade for more than 60 years"?

I'd really like to know about the second one because that's the second time I've said "Rose Bowl" instead of "Rose."

ETA: I did get the TS of "spiritual" and was surprised it was a TS.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:
  • Would my "pinky swear" have been acceptable instead of "pinky promise" for the HAND-Y RESPONSES category clue of "Entwining of digits to seal a deal, often by kids"?

Unlike the clue for "finger food," this one didn't mention alliteration, so I think the judges would give your answer a thumbs-up (ha ha).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

ETA: I did get the TS of "spiritual" and was surprised it was a TS.

I've always heard it called a "pinky swear" and not a "pinky promise," so I think the answer is yes.

As for "spiritual," I wonder if the contestants were unsure of what to call them? Way back when, they were listed in hymnals as "Negro spirituals," and now they are called "African-American spirituals." 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Calder = Pollock and Pollock = Calder in my poor aged brain. Why? I have no freaking idea. Their artwork is completely different, and so are their names. I've seen both of their works, The one piece of Calder's I saw in person didn't exactly wow me. It was a small mobile. My response was something along the lines of "yup, that's a mobile alright." But then, I am a philistine.

I always have to say "no, the other one" when a clue about one of them comes up.

"Pollock" is somewhat like "polka dot" and for Calder, I imagine mobiles hanging above a Caldera.

2 hours ago, Miss Anne Thrope said:

Degas also sculpted.  If ballerinas are involved, he's my man.  (Just mentioning because it's a short and sweet go-to.)

He was also big on painting horse races. But I have a print of his of two "washerwomen" ironing,. go figure.

My Philly relatives would have disowned me (as if they haven't already) if I had missed the Mummers' Parade.

• Love 3

I enjoyed Mike's reaction to get the invisible hand DD correct.  I also enjoyed him saying "not composers" when asked where to go next; same, dude, same.

The Treasury TS surprised me a little bit, with tax in the bureau name (and with Commerce ruled out already), and because the two incorrect guesses gave extra time to think, but just that little bit.

I ran everything but single and parade in the first round, missing two in each.

I only ran antonyms in DJ.  I got all but one in islands and films, but the rest made for a rough round; I blew the entire future lit category, and missed three each in economy and composers.

I didn't even have a guess for FJ.

• Love 1

I can't believe nobody got the Mummers Parade! I mean, I'm from around Philadelphia, but still.  I must be old, Adlai Stevenson was an instaget for me.  As well as getting older, I must be getting smarter because I thought all the DDs were pretty easy.  

I have to say again how much I enjoy watching Amy play.  Her breadth of knowledge really is amazing, and i love that she doesn't jump around the board looking for DDs but relies on her own talent.

• Love 9

I’ve never heard of a pinky promise; it’s always been pinky swear to me. So if they didn’t accept that, I would have been forced to make a commotion.

I was confused as to why they accepted Rose Parade when I thought it was the Tournament of Roses Parade. But I just looked it up and it goes by both names, so ok.

I got Adlai Stevenson, so woo hoo for me! Admittedly, it was more default guess than actual knowledge, since the only other ‘50’s candidate who came to mind was Eisenhower, and while I couldn’t think of his running mate’s name, I felt confident it was a name I would recognize.

Perhaps the most impressive thing about Amy (and perhaps the key to her success) is her total imperturbability. She never seems nervous or hesitant. She just calmly rolls on, game after game, like she’s been doing this all her life.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

I’ve never heard of a pinky promise; it’s always been pinky swear to me. So if they didn’t accept that, I would have been forced to make a commotion.

I was confused as to why they accepted Rose Parade when I thought it was the Tournament of Roses Parade. But I just looked it up and it goes by both names, so ok.

I got Adlai Stevenson, so woo hoo for me! Admittedly, it was more default guess than actual knowledge, since the only other ‘50’s candidate who came to mind was Eisenhower, and while I couldn’t think of his running mate’s name, I felt confident it was a name I would recognize.

I said pinky swear also. The first time I ever heard pinky promise was in 2020 as Elizabeth Warren used the term often during her campaign, but to me, growing up, it was always pinky swear.

I said Tournament of Roses Parade also. That's how I've always remembered it being billed for the national television coverage.

As for Eisenhower's running mate, he most certainly has a recognizable name: Richard Nixon!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, ProudMary said:

I said pinky swear also. The first time I ever heard pinky promise was in 2020 as Elizabeth Warren used the term often during her campaign, but to me, growing up, it was always pinky swear.

I've heard both but I said swear.

• Love 1

Shallow note: Amy has looked good for all of her games. I’m surprised that she has had enough of a wardrobe to rarely repeat outfits. I doubt she will ever take her lucky pearls off and now they are her signature look. 

I got Treasury. Yes, that was it for me last night. I had no clue when tv’s became mainstream as my parents didn’t get one until the 1960’s. It was kept in their room and I was only allowed 1 hour of cartoons on a Saturday morning. No wonder I watch so much now as a retired adult. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Shallow note: Amy has looked good for all of her games. I’m surprised that she has had enough of a wardrobe to rarely repeat outfits. I doubt she will ever take her lucky pearls off and now they are her signature look. 

I think she's worn it before but I liked her blue blouse from last night.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, dcalley said:

(First excerpt) Oh, agreed! I just worry he'll get into someone's head one of these days by weighing in on a DD wager.

(Second excerpt) I used to want to be able to buy individual channels and don't exactly love it now that you can!

Fair point, though I think he's only done it with Amy, whose DD wagers are fairly consistent (or at least there was a run of the same wager for awhile).

I too wanted to buy individual channels. I cut the cord a long time ago, so I didn't know you could do that. Unless you mean streaming channels, which is what we use - and which can be a pain. I game the ones I don't want to pay for monthly and use free weeks or sign up for a  month to watch a show I'm interested in.

14 hours ago, ams1001 said:

January 5th:

77% / 67% / 70%

Not a bad first round...ran Hand-y Responses and Rain (fitting, since that's what it did here all day), and missed only one Player (admittedly thanks to a couple lucky guesses - Wayne Gretzky is the only hockey player I can reliably name and I've heard Tom Brady's name enough that I figured it was likely) and Single. Not as good in the second round; didn't run anything but I only missed one each in Lit, Composers, and Economy. Did not get FJ.

Gretzky's my go-to for any hockey question. And boy, is Brady ancient when it comes to football. Don't like him, but props for staying in the zone.

11 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

"Pollock" is somewhat like "polka dot" and for Calder, I imagine mobiles hanging above a Caldera.

Thanks, not a bad mnemonic. I'll try to keep it in this sieve of a mind.

11 hours ago, mjc570 said:

I can't believe nobody got the Mummers Parade! I mean, I'm from around Philadelphia, but still.  I must be old, Adlai Stevenson was an instaget for me.  As well as getting older, I must be getting smarter because I thought all the DDs were pretty easy. 

I recognized the words, but never had any clue that it was tied to a specific city, or indeed, what it was exactly.

10 hours ago, Driad said:

Calder also made stabiles, large stationary sculptures. 

Don't confuse me! 😂

It was a crap game for me - it would have been a great game if I'd only been able to get the answers from my brain out of my mouth. Sigh... Some nights are like that.

I did get FJ, though. I debated with myself for awhile, but I chose correctly before the time was up.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I like to think Amy would have been wise enough to not spend too much mental energy on wagering mathematics rather than thinking about the 1950s, but maybe that's not a good strategy either.

Amy has tweeted that she doesn't trust her math skills when under the pressure of the game, that's why she usually wagers the same amounts and is usually (usually) conservative in FJ wagering.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I probably should've gotten FJ since my high school was named Adlai E Stevenson, and it was built and named when I was in junior high school (middle school). Maybe my slightly older sister would have known. All I could think of were the Nixon–Kennedy debates, and like many of us often seem to do, I got "stuck" on that first word association even though I realized it didn't fit part of the clue ("same party"). 

About the Rose Parade, at least it's not just me who hears it in my head as "the Rose Bowl parade." I think maybe Mom used to call it that? Or maybe even TV personalities hosting in the 1960s?? 
From Google today:

image.png.cf3effb72d409064b32d8896f8260da2.png

But since it's come up twice recently, I will be sure to word any of my future Jeopardy! questions with the phrase "Rose Parade."

Still, we seem to agree that either "pinky swear" or "pinky promise" would have been acceptable, if not "Rose Bowl  [parade]," right? Even without Rose Bowl, that's 2 clues in one game with multiple correct responses (ambiguous/ambivalent being the other). Don't they usually give the host a heads up ahead of time? I recall hearing "we would have accepted [some-other-answer] as well" with Alex or another host reading off of a card.

1 hour ago, Clanstarling said:

And boy, is Brady ancient when it comes to football. Don't like him, but props for staying in the zone.

Heh. "in the [football] zone" 😉

41 minutes ago, dgpolo said:

Amy has tweeted that she doesn't trust her math skills when under the pressure of the game, that's why she usually wagers the same amounts and is usually (usually) conservative in FJ wagering.

And that, folks, is what makes a winner! (Knowing how to play your strengths.)

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Still, we seem to agree that either "pinky swear" or "pinky promise" would have been acceptable, if not "Rose Bowl  [parade]," right? Even without Rose Bowl, that's 2 clues in one game with multiple correct responses (ambiguous/ambivalent being the other). Don't they usually give the host a heads up ahead of time? I recall hearing "we would have accepted [some-other-answer] as well" with Alex or another host reading off of a card.

Sometimes they do, sometimes not. I think sometimes they don't anticipate an answer but decide after the fact that it fits; they just didn't think of it when they were writing the clues. In the case of ambivalent/ambiguous...the clue was "[antonym] of clear, having only one possible meaning"...I googled and came up with Merriam Webster's explanation: If you are ambivalent about something, you feel two ways about it. 'Ambiguous', on the other hand, means "unclear or capable of being understood in two or more different ways." So I kind of think they were being generous with that one, because ambivalent refers to a feeling, not meaning.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Even without Rose Bowl, that's 2 clues in one game with multiple correct responses (ambiguous/ambivalent being the other). Don't they usually give the host a heads up ahead of time? I recall hearing "we would have accepted [some-other-answer] as well" with Alex or another host reading off of a card.

They do, when they think of the multiple correct responses.  But sometimes a contestant will give a response they weren't expecting (such as Amy's "ambivalent"), and the judges later decide that it fits.

BTW, I disagree with that correction.  I don't think "ambivalent" fits the clue as an antonym of having only one possible meaning.  "Ambivalent" has to do with feelings, not meanings.

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I also disagreed with the ruling on ambiguous. 

I was surprised she got it wrong and also surprised they ruled her correct. 

That's probably ambi something in itself.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, ProudMary said:

As for Eisenhower's running mate, he most certainly has a recognizable name: Richard Nixon!

Of course! Duh me. I guess sometimes I just have to balance the smart with the stupid.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1