Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E15: Bitching and Ramoaning

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No future information from other shows or social media.  Confine the discussion to the episode and what was known as of the time that it was filmed.  As always, no personal politics. 

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And, she said she saw Ramona with a full plate of food.  Maybe she did, but we didn't, so I wonder.  She had a plate that had what looked like a corn salad or something, on a small portion of the plate.

What got me was how Ramona was shown, at various times, saying she'd been there for four hours, for three hours, and for two hours.  This was after she claimed not to have eaten all day, after being shown chowing down in the car.

Nah, she was squatting, at least a little.  But...she just squats, with her arms by her sides.  Does she not have underwear on that she needs to move out of the way?  Or does she just pee through it, like she drank through her mask in Salem?  But at least that might mean she's not splashing all over her ankles and feet. 

So many questions.

By now, Sonja has peeing in public down to a science.  She knows exactly how to make it work.  Her family must be very proud.  Changing subject, but why does Sonja need assistants?  To set a table or open up mail?  Or to look like she’s important?  Again?   She’s still living in the past.

• Love 10

There was a moment when Archie said "Eboni" while looking at her pleadingly. I think it was during Sonja's rant. I felt so bad for that poor woman.

While Ramona was completely awful at that dinner, I did chuckle at her excuse about needing to leave because she was tired and had to "listen to her body." I might try that excuse next time I want to leave a party early. "Sorry guys, my body is telling me to leave."

After all these years of watching the show, I still truly don't understand the Ramona/Sonja friendship. They both have been terrible to each other (I would say Sonja has been more terrible to Ramona) yet Ramona refuses to give up on her. If Sonja had screamed at me the way she screamed at Sonja during this dinner, I would never speak to her again. Yet Ramona just wants to hug her. Someone upthread mentioned Sonja isn't malicious. I disagree, I think that she can and has been very malicious. And a lot of it has been directed towards Ramona. And Tinsley in the past. I do think a lot of it is jealousy, because Ramona is still financially stable, does have a social life and is friendly with her ex. Sonja has none of those things.

• Love 21
On 8/18/2021 at 8:59 AM, Sheenieb said:

If I were Archie, I would question my friendship with Eboni for bringing Ramona and Sonja to my house. Eboni isn't responsible for their actions, but she's hung out with them enough to know that you can't take them anywhere. I hope Archie had the good sense to tell Eboni NEVER to bring those two to her home ever again.

It looked to me like Archie was angling HARD for that diamond, knew exactly what she was getting into, and overplayed the "ohmygoodness, what's wrong with Ramona?"dismay/ concern while secretly delighted with how the evening unfolded because it was guaranteed to air.  Which is not say that she's not a nice person who I might like under any other circumstances.  Just that her reactions were not the reactions of someone who was truly broadsided by the behavior. 

19 hours ago, Mar said:

I haven’t read any of the comments yet, but I am certainly guessing that someone has already commented on the fact that Eboni told Sonja that she is a woman of “such elegance and class”. 

Eboni's role this season is to champion Sonja, and she can either shame her over her behavior or try to appeal to her better angels. That matchmaker-arranged date exposed a LOT. She was civil and calm and well behaved and it seemed organic and not like she was acting. That's probably how she was before her life imploded and the drinking got out of control. 

The contrast with the cut-in talking heads showed just what a divide there is between what she's capable of in polite society and how she acts on tv. Eboni's just trying to get her to want to be the person better aligned with the Lady Morgan persona than the party girl RHONY character she gets drunk to carry off.   

13 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Changing subject, but why does Sonja need assistants?  To set a table or open up mail? 

I'm sure they're just tenants who get a discount on their rent for pretending to be "interns."

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

And really, not with Lu either because Lu doesn't really give two shits about anything that's not about her.

That's fair. But I will give her this: she may not give a shit about what was going on, however, she also didn't open her big mouth and act like a moron. Faint praise I suppose but far more than Sonya or Ramona managed this episode. Actually Lu has managed to not be entirely terrible this season unlike Sonya and Ramona and Leah.

I used to love RHoNY. This is the show my sister got me into and we used to call at commercial breaks to laugh over the Van Kampen's back in the day. I can barely tolerate this nonsense anymore. I don't mind Eboni and I do think these women do need a few lessons on race etc. But every single event? Every single episode? It feels like too much.

Sonya peed in a driveway. That seems appropriate somehow to where this show is right now.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
On 8/19/2021 at 5:53 AM, kristen111 said:

By now, Sonja has peeing in public down to a science.  She knows exactly how to make it work.  Her family must be very proud.  Changing subject, but why does Sonja need assistants?  To set a table or open up mail?  Or to look like she’s important?  Again?   She’s still living in the past.

Sonja peed in the driveway in the way she was instructed through the Morgan manual of social graces.  A lady does not squat, thereby exposing her hindquarters to the masses.  She merely raises her skirting sufficiently for clearance of the stream and tilts her hips slightly forward.  While this may indeed result in some moisture on the lady's shoes, the servants are well prepared to clean the spillage without glancing under the lady's garments.  One should be on hand for a quick and efficient wiping also. 

A quality servant will, if using linen for said wiping, place the offensive fabric into their own pocket so that any odors are associated with the servant and not the lady. If using a paper product, the servant will summarily consume said product so that no one shall know that the lady did indeed alleviate herself of her urine. The servant should then thank the lady for allowing her the honor of performing this service. 

Sonja, still a Morgan through and through.  Now get her a vat of tequila and get out of the way of urine stream! 

• LOL 19
  • Love 3

And the crazy part was her excuse for peeing in the driveway! "Well I had to because Luann would have left without me." Um Sonja, you were all on the same bus, no they would not have left without you. Even if Lu had instructed the driver to leave, Eboni would not have left without Sonja. Production was out of Archie's house so no, they would not have left you there. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, amarante said:

It would be like someone deciding to convert to Catholicism without any belief in either the Holy Trinity, the role of priests or confession and communion.

After watching many of my women friends change religious beliefs to match those of their partner, my observation has been:

Women are far more loyal to their vacuum cleaner brand than they are to the religion they were raised with.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 8/18/2021 at 3:30 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

And, she said she saw Ramona with a full plate of food.  Maybe she did, but we didn't, so I wonder.  She had a plate that had what looked like a corn salad or something, on a small portion of the plate.

What got me was how Ramona was shown, at various times, saying she'd been there for four hours, for three hours, and for two hours.  This was after she claimed not to have eaten all day, after being shown chowing down in the car.

So many questions.

Ramona didn’t deny having a plate full of food and it would be just like her to barge into the kitchen and help herself 

13 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Sonja peed in the driveway in the way she was instructed through the Morgan manual of social graces.  A lady does not squat, thereby exposing her hindquarters to the masses.  She merely raises her skirting sufficiently for clearance of the stream and thrusts her hips slightly forward.  While this may indeed result in some moisture on the lady's shoes, the servants are well prepared to clean the spillage without glancing under the lady's garments.  One should be on hand for a quick and efficient wiping also. 

A quality servant will, if using linen for said wiping, place the offensive fabric into their own pocket so that any odors are associated with the servant and not the lady. If using a paper product, the servant will summarily consume said product so that no one shall know that the lady did indeed alleviate herself of her urine. The servant should then thank the lady for allowing her the honor of performing this service. 

Sonja, still a Morgan through and through.  Now get her a vat of tequila and get out of the way of urine stream! 

Thank you for this! 😅 That was pure gold! 

The dinner was horrible last week, and it was horrible this week. Just when you thought some peace had been restored and that woman (I didn't catch her name) was talking about her labor and the racism she was facing, Ramona has to pipe in about hers. How self-centered can you get? I think the woman's story was really revealing and food for thought for the white guests, unlike Eboni's unorganic preaching. But of course it went to waste with this lot.

I do have to say that with the Rikers story, I did get why Ramona was asking so many questions. She just wanted to get the story straight in her head. I'm the same: when I hear something truly shocking, I ask questions just to make sure I got it right. However, I can understand Luann wanting to stop Ramona asking all the questions because she was afraid it would turn into the same kind of thing as with the woman from the Shabbat. 

I wasn't interested AT ALL to hear about Eboni's Dad, but I will confess that I started crying when she was told her father is alive and she has two sisters. That was really emotional. I've always wanted a sister (I have an older brother and we've never gotten along and we don't stay in touch) and so I was really happy for Eboni ❤️

Also: Sonja, you cannot pee anywhere you like and just laugh it off! You were always my favorite and I've given you a lot of slack over the years, but you can't go on like this! The woman needs some serious therapy. PhD certified therapy. And antabus. 

Edit: typo

Edited by Glama
  • Love 5
On 8/18/2021 at 5:42 AM, 65mickey said:

The only way to save this franchise is to get rid of Ramona, Sonja and Leah. Sonja is a sloppy embarrassing drunk. Ramona is tone deaf. She is her own worse enemy constantly interrupting and making everything about her. And Leah is horrible and she brings nothing to this show but being a bully and a hypocrite.  Start over with Lu and Eboni and go from there.  Or maybe the show just isn't worth saving. 

I haven't watched this episode yet. I watched BH live and then re-watched it yesterday. I went to the DVR thinking I would watch NY, but clicked on BH again. This has been my favorite franchise since it first started. I am sad that it really feels like it's over. I will miss LuAnn, maybe even Ramona a little bit. The others I miss were gone before the season started. Maybe it will be a boring weekend and I will watch. Maybe not 😢

• Love 2
On 8/19/2021 at 12:29 PM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Sonja peed in the driveway in the way she was instructed through the Morgan manual of social graces.  A lady does not squat, thereby exposing her hindquarters to the masses.  She merely raises her skirting sufficiently for clearance of the stream and tilts her hips slightly forward.  While this may indeed result in some moisture on the lady's shoes, the servants are well prepared to clean the spillage without glancing under the lady's garments.  One should be on hand for a quick and efficient wiping also. 

Hahaha! Damn!🤣

On 8/20/2021 at 10:00 AM, chlban said:

I haven't watched this episode yet. I watched BH live and then re-watched it yesterday

I see that a lot of us re-watch these shows.  I mainly re-watch as a re-run before the next new episode.  I wonder what percentage of us re-watch.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/18/2021 at 1:39 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

It’s clear that Eboni had been a bust. Every get together has to be a lesson. I’m all on board for some enlightenment and most if these women could use some instruction on race and inclusion but after her third tutorial disguised as a party it was really losing me. She tends to act like the smartest person in the room and her condescension is not helping to school anyone. Having said that, I thought it was very rude of Ramona to interrupt the woman who was speaking of her experience as a black woman with white doctors when she was giving birth. This is a real problem and the fact that black women, in particular, get treated so much differently by white doctors is pervasive and real. If Ramona wanted to share her experience she should have waited until after the dinner and spoke at that time. 

Totally agree on all.

I find the difference between Garcelle and Eboni striking.

Garcelle eloquently discusses the damage of stereotypes and other racial issues, but she's effortlessly cool, can laugh at herself, is a genuinely fun person.

I've yet to see  a personality that's enjoyable to be around from Eboni.

But I totally agree about Ramona's interruptions.  And as much as I've enjoyed Ramona for her oddness and her lack of filter, after all that I'd be good with her downgraded or off the show.

• Love 6

It's clear to me the only reason Leah is (possibly) converting is so she can participate in a Mikvah.  I hope her know it all , narcissistic, preachy teachy fried Eboni K Williams tells her it will not be appropriate to wear a string bikini or scream and yell.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

I see that a lot of us re-watch these shows.  I mainly re-watch as a re-run before the next new episode.  I wonder what percentage of us re-watch.

I can barely watch the initial showing as the fighting makes me anxious or the stupid behavior makes me embarrassed (for them)! 😂.   Those of you who can rewatch an episode have more patience  than I do.  lol

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 8/18/2021 at 7:01 AM, Straycat80 said:

What a boring episode, it just keeps getting worse and worse. I don’t know if it’s because of Covid or what. Ramona and Sonja have always had their asshole moments but it’s getting old. Ramona and her ‘but what about me’ and Sonja getting so drunk she pees in a driveway in front of everyone and the camera crew. Not entertaining anymore. 
Eboni and Leah have brought nothing to this show. I’m afraid this franchise might be toast. Too bad, it used to be my favorite. 

I was so confused about how she peed. How did she not get urine all over herself?? I have never in my life seen a woman pee like that. 

• Love 3

I've always thought Crazy-eyed Moaner was not only a hick but also a rube of the highest order. She has the table manners of a hog, social skills of a Neanderthal,

This. She reflects her roots and her upbringing. Lipstick on a pig and all that. She's common trash.

My friend's baby sister died when their mother was turned away from two southern hospitals because she was Black (1970s). Top that, Ramona.

I wonder if the interns are paid sober coaches/watchdogs.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 1
On 8/19/2021 at 12:11 PM, hypnotoad said:

Sonya peed in a driveway. That seems appropriate somehow to where this show is right now.

She has turned into such a pig.  I guess she always was but now it seems like that is all there is. She barely bent her knees and just let it all out without the slightest movement to shield herself from people/cameras.   Obviously not wearing any underwear.  And then all the literal shit talk in that poor disintegrating townhouse.  What a crime to let a prime piece of real estate go to….well…shit.  It must stink to high heaven.  Just disgusting.

• Love 9
On 8/17/2021 at 8:26 PM, Marley said:

This episode wasn’t horrible but it wasn’t good.

The less Leah the better. Eboni is more bearable somehow when Leah is not around.

Ramona needs to get a grip. She can’t be this unaware right. Like some of the shit she says and asks.

Luanne calling out Ramona was good.

I don’t really care about Eboni’s family stuff still. Did her mom get around quite a bit or something?

Sonja is a delusional drunk. She really does need some kind of help. Her yelling was embarrassing. Both her and Ramona need help but different kinds of help. I just don’t find Sonja amusing like a lot of ppl do. She annoys the shit out of me.

Seems so odd to me that a mother with only one child is unable to give her so much as a clue to her paternity -- not a good look for mom. 

Sonja annoys the shit out of me too, and I don't understand the "she has a good heart" rationalization at all.  

• Love 7
On 8/23/2021 at 3:21 PM, Anne Thrax said:

Seems so odd to me that a mother with only one child is unable to give her so much as a clue to her paternity -- not a good look for mom. 

Didn't the geneticist say something about how she had narrowed it down to three related men (didn't she say three brothers?) -- I am inevitably always multitasking/only half paying attention when I watch the show, so I'm not 100% sure.

If that's what she said, then the whole discussion was ridiculous because her mother would presumably know which brother she had sex with, unless her mother slept with more than one brother...  in which event, as Anne Thrax noted above -- it's not a good look.   

• Love 3

Back in the ‘90s there was an HBO doc series called “Hookers at the Point.” I used to stay up late and secretly watch it. In one episode, a lady of the night is waiting for a trick on the street and without warning, barely moves but defecates on the street through her open skirt. By the grace of God you could only see it in silhouette but it was one of the most shocking and disturbing scenes I have ever seen on TV and to this day the image is seared in my mind.

Thanks to Lady Morgan for almost topping that experience with her “racehorse” pissing!!! She is absolutely disgusting and needs off this show NOW. Absolute TRASH behavior, quite frankly!!

Edited by HelloOutThere
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, HelloOutThere said:

Back in the ‘90s there was an HBO doc series called “Hookers at the Point.” I used to stay up late and watch secretly watch it. In one episode, a lady of the night is waiting for a trick on the street and without warning, barely moves but defecates on the street through her open skirt. By the grace of God you could only see it in silhouette but it was one of the most shocking and disturbing scenes I have ever seen on TV and to this age the image is seared in my mind.

Thanks to Lady Morgan for almost topping that experience!!! She is absolutely disgusting and needs off this show NOW. Absolute TRASH behavior, quite frankly!!

omg I remember that 😲

3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

omg I remember that 😲

So glad I’m not the only one traumatized! That was back in they HBO heyday (of sorts) of Taxicab Confessions, Cathouse, Real Sex — when reality TV was still real and not whatever hot mess RHONY has become!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/25/2021 at 1:42 PM, MMLEsq said:

Didn't the geneticist say something about how she had narrowed it down to three related men (didn't she say three brothers?) -- I am inevitably always multitasking/only half paying attention when I watch the show, so I'm not 100% sure.

If that's what she said, then the whole discussion was ridiculous because her mother would presumably know which brother she had sex with, unless her mother slept with more than one brother...  in which event, as Anne Thrax noted above -- it's not a good look.   

I thought this was weird as well. Either she hasn't spoken to her mom about it all and her mom doesn't know she's looking for her dad or Eboni and her mom are fully aware of who he is, this is just a storyline.

• Useful 3
On 8/25/2021 at 2:28 PM, HelloOutThere said:

Back in the ‘90s there was an HBO doc series called “Hookers at the Point.” I used to stay up late and secretly watch it. In one episode, a lady of the night is waiting for a trick on the street and without warning, barely moves but defecates on the street through her open skirt. By the grace of God you could only see it in silhouette but it was one of the most shocking and disturbing scenes I have ever seen on TV and to this day the image is seared in my mind.

Thanks to Lady Morgan for almost topping that experience with her “racehorse” pissing!!! She is absolutely disgusting and needs off this show NOW. Absolute TRASH behavior, quite frankly!!

I use to watch that too! LOL! My husband was a police officer in that neighborhood 🤣 (I watched it before I ever knew him). 

• LOL 5
On 8/18/2021 at 8:50 AM, kristen111 said:

The Countess has to stay to save her career.  The show is the only reason she has to do Cabaret,as she’s the Housewife of N.Y.

No, she needs to go and prove her self worth 

• Love 1

Unpopular opinion but I like Leah, but I'm super annoyed by the private school storyline. She keep saying that she wants to give her daughter more opportunities and a better chance at success...but you're rich. Your daughter already has more opportunities and a better chance at success than some people could imagine.

• Love 2
On 8/18/2021 at 5:54 AM, Talented Tenth said:

Sonja doesn't seem to have a malicious bone in her body and she's compassionate and understanding.

With that being said, I think Ramona is unredeemable and now I see why there were rumors of her being fired.  I never took Ramona for being racially sensitive and understood we most likely have opposing political views but I found her entertaining before the Black Shabbat dinner.  I found her behavior there reprehensible and she really just doesn't GAF about the Black experience in particular and I no longer GAF about her.  I don't care whether she goes or stays.

Agree. I totally get why Eboni cuts Sonya more slack. Sonja's antics are embarrassing, but she's at least a compassionate person. I think Ramona has a heart there. She was visibly upset when she found out about Eboni's grandmother. But I was so put off by her behavior at dinner. Leaving to go get food, okay. Not the most polite, but she was so dismissive about what the black and Jewish communities go through. Would it kill her to just listen and not make it about herself?

On 8/19/2021 at 12:11 PM, hypnotoad said:

That's fair. But I will give her this: she may not give a shit about what was going on, however, she also didn't open her big mouth and act like a moron. Faint praise I suppose but far more than Sonya or Ramona managed this episode. Actually Lu has managed to not be entirely terrible this season unlike Sonya and Ramona and Leah.

I used to love RHoNY. This is the show my sister got me into and we used to call at commercial breaks to laugh over the Van Kampen's back in the day. I can barely tolerate this nonsense anymore. I don't mind Eboni and I do think these women do need a few lessons on race etc. But every single event? Every single episode? It feels like too much.

I think that's why I like Lu. She is generally much more well-mannered and charming than the others. 

That's how I feel too.