Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E15: Bitching and Ramoaning

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No future information from other shows or social media.  Confine the discussion to the episode and what was known as of the time that it was filmed.  As always, no personal politics. 

• Start Topic

I can't believe that Sonja peed in the driveway, something ain't right with her, maybe too many brown ice cubes. I give a lot of credit to Archie for not bitch slapping both Ramona and Sonja, she seems delightful and maybe fire those rug rats and get her on (even though she is in NJ) 

On a shallow note, Luanne has some big ass ears

• LOL 6
  • Love 12

Ramona was Ramona so I'm not surprised by her being an asshole.  That said I can't imagine being subjected to Eboni's teachings 24/7.  I can't even stand her voice anymore.  I'd want to get up and leave too.    

But I really can't fucking stand Sonja anymore.  I hate her yelling all the time.  It's an act that she thinks is necessary to keep her apple and I'm so tired of it.

At this point, I'd be okay with a total cast dump.  

• Love 21
5 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Sonja doesn't seem to have a malicious bone in her body and she's compassionate and understanding.

With that being said, I think Ramona is unredeemable and now I see why there were rumors of her being fired.  I never took Ramona for being racially sensitive and understood we most likely have opposing political views but I found her entertaining before the Black Shabbat dinner.  I found her behavior there reprehensible and she really just doesn't GAF about the Black experience in particular and I no longer GAF about her.  I don't care whether she goes or stays.

Agree…but Sonja is out of control. Her behavior at the Shabbat dinner was just as bad. The drinking is problematic at this point and she needs some serious rehab. Not some five star resort/spa but serious rehab. Her meltdown and asking for more tequila at the start of the dinner then screaming and storming off was disgraceful and disrespectful. Peeing in the driveway was drunk college girl stuff…certainly not post menopausal woman stuff and most certainly not behavior that befits a woman who once was a member of the esteemed J.P. Morgan family. 

• Love 13
24 minutes ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I have a family member with Aspergers …Ramona is not an Aspie. Actually, it’s insulting to Aspies to even suggest that she’s one of them. No, Ramona is just an asshole.

Thank you for this.  Ramona is just an asshole, a good ol' entitled asshole . Who has been rewarded for her shit behavior for years. Why would Ramona act any other way.  Yes, the women will act shocked and embarrassed  in the moment  but the next day its all basically forgotten and they just giggle and roll their eyes at Ramona's behavior.  They/she knows Bravo/Andy loves her asshole behavior and  they don't want her to change.  

Sonja pissing in that woman's driveway,  so disgusting.  Was she standing up as she pissed, wtf? 

I skipped Leah. 

• Love 15

I've always thought Crazy-eyed Moaner was not only a hick but also a rube of the highest order. She has the table manners of a hog, social skills of a Neanderthal, and the sensibilities of a desperate old hag. It was very disappointing to see Eboni give her a pass and not call her out as the lumbering ape that she is. 

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 22

I haven’t read any of the comments yet, but I am certainly guessing that someone has already commented on the fact that Eboni told Sonja that she is a woman of “such elegance and class”. I was already hating this episode and getting extremely annoyed with Eboni  because of her endless preaching, and this was the final straw. I have to take a break and I’m not sure if I will finish the episode. The show simply cannot get any worse.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Sonja doesn't seem to have a malicious bone in her body and she's compassionate and understanding.

With that being said, I think Ramona is unredeemable and now I see why there were rumors of her being fired.  I never took Ramona for being racially sensitive and understood we most likely have opposing political views but I found her entertaining before the Black Shabbat dinner.  I found her behavior there reprehensible and she really just doesn't GAF about the Black experience in particular and I no longer GAF about her.  I don't care whether she goes or stays.

As I was watching (really cringing) this episode, it struck me as "THIS is why the reunion is not happening and they will fire her ass". Ramona just crossed the line one too many times and she knows how she looks and does not want to be called out at the reunion. Goodbye, RHONY....

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Ramona was Ramona so I'm not surprised by her being an asshole.  That said I can't imagine being subjected to Eboni's teachings 24/7.  I can't even stand her voice anymore.  I'd want to get up and leave too.    

But I really can't fucking stand Sonja anymore.  I hate her yelling all the time.  It's an act that she thinks is necessary to keep her apple and I'm so tired of it.

At this point, I'd be okay with a total cast dump.  

It’s clear that Eboni had been a bust. Every get together has to be a lesson. I’m all on board for some enlightenment and most if these women could use some instruction on race and inclusion but after her third tutorial disguised as a party it was really losing me. She tends to act like the smartest person in the room and her condescension is not helping to school anyone. Having said that, I thought it was very rude of Ramona to interrupt the woman who was speaking of her experience as a black woman with white doctors when she was giving birth. This is a real problem and the fact that black women, in particular, get treated so much differently by white doctors is pervasive and real. If Ramona wanted to share her experience she should have waited until after the dinner and spoke at that time. 

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, J80134 said:

I really need some footage of what the host and dinner guests had to say after the howives left. I imagine it started with, "What in the fuck was THAT?" And ended with, "NEVER again". 

I'll bring the popcorn!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

As I was watching (really cringing) this episode, it struck me as "THIS is why the reunion is not happening and they will fire her ass". Ramona just crossed the line one too many times and she knows how she looks and does not want to be called out at the reunion. Goodbye, RHONY....

What? The reunion isn't happening? Are they really not doing a Reunion?

• Useful 2
24 minutes ago, Mar said:

I haven’t read any of the comments yet, but I am certainly guessing that someone has already commented on the fact that Eboni told Sonja that she is a woman of “such elegance and class”. I was already hating this episode and getting extremely annoyed with Eboni  because of her endless preaching, and this was the final straw. I have to take a break and I’m not sure if I will finish the episode. The show simply cannot get any worse.

That's the line that kept haunting me as well. A woman of such elegance and class who's known for pissing where she stands. Okay. That's some privilege there.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I have a family member with Aspergers …Ramona is not an Aspie. Actually, it’s insulting to Aspies to even suggest that she’s one of them. No, Ramona is just an asshole.

Yes, her behavior is not typical of Aspergers. Yes, it's an insult.

1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I can't believe that Sonja peed in the driveway, something ain't right with her, maybe too many brown ice cubes.

I'm laughing about the brown ice cubes.  I've peed behind a bush on a hiking trail, but not in front of cameras.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BrownBear2012 said:

I agree with that, but I wouldn't take ADHD or some other kind of LD issue of the table.  If her childhood was as volatile as she claims I would also consider some kind of social behavior disfunction stemming from PTSD.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, janiema said:

I have a theory about what has happened to the show as well as others of the RH franchise. Production has gotten lazy. 

Yesterday I watched some of the marathon showing of season 1 and took notes while watching episode 6. (I clearly have too much time on my hands.)  There were only 5 cast members then too but the episode was constructed differently than more recent seasons. Specifically, there were 19(!) different segments very short, no more than 2 minutes each. things kept moving along. The only segment that included all 5 cast members was the girls’ party that Simon attended. That segment lasted 7 minutes. I’m sure that this was harder on production because they had to go to so many different locations although most of the locations were in cast members homes. None of the segments featured drunkeness.  In contrast, last night’s episode was only comprised (I think) of 5 locations or segments. Instead of filming many segments with only 1 or 2 of the HW’s, production’s lazy formula nowadays is to get everyone together, starve them, add lots of booze and instigate fights. It seems like new cast members are added to provoke conflict rather than giving us a window (however questionable) into the lives of the rich.

Because of the fights many venues most likely no longer want the HW’s as patrons. Charities, I’m sure, do not want them showing up at fundraisers and family and friends must be reluctant to appear on and be associated with the show.

I noticed the same thing while watching Season 1 of Beverly Hills today; I love 2 minute bursts of their private lives and less manufactured drama

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, nokat said:

Aspergers does not always manifest the same way. We have several different examples in our family so it is not an insult. I thought personal comments like the one above were not allowed in this forum.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

According to everything I have seen, that is accurate. 

Thanks. Well, hell, half the fun of watching these crap shows is watching them squirm when questioned about the season. 😁

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

That's the line that kept haunting me as well. A woman of such elegance and class who's known for pissing where she stands. Okay. That's some privilege there.

Sonja does this because Bethenny used to do the same thing and received attention and film time. So even when it comes to urinating on screen, Sonja has a cheater brand.

• LOL 15

Folks, A few reminders:

• This is an episode thread, not a will they have a reunion thread.  Please take that talk to the media thread.  
  • Please be careful in the way you speak about persons with any type of disabilities. Remember that short sentences are more easily misinterpreted. So far we are at misunderstanding, not incivility.  Let's stay on the right side of that line. 
  • With that said, given that no members of the cast have disclosed any types of disabilities, if you want to discuss the in and outs of any given disability or anything else outside of the show, please take it to Small Talk. 
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Lu said she went to the kitchen for a diet coke but I heard her say she was looking for her purse, why the lie? 

And, she said she saw Ramona with a full plate of food.  Maybe she did, but we didn't, so I wonder.  She had a plate that had what looked like a corn salad or something, on a small portion of the plate.

What got me was how Ramona was shown, at various times, saying she'd been there for four hours, for three hours, and for two hours.  This was after she claimed not to have eaten all day, after being shown chowing down in the car.

2 hours ago, Cozytea said:

Sonja pissing in that woman's driveway,  so disgusting.  Was she standing up as she pissed, wtf?

Nah, she was squatting, at least a little.  But...she just squats, with her arms by her sides.  Does she not have underwear on that she needs to move out of the way?  Or does she just pee through it, like she drank through her mask in Salem?  But at least that might mean she's not splashing all over her ankles and feet. 

So many questions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, nokat said:

My nephew is on the spectrum. He may come off as rude in this instance because he would have bluntly called Ramona out on her shit. 

Yeah. Autism doesn't make you a racist xenophobic asshole. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

It’s clear that Eboni had been a bust. Every get together has to be a lesson. I’m all on board for some enlightenment and most if these women could use some instruction on race and inclusion but after her third tutorial disguised as a party it was really losing me. She tends to act like the smartest person in the room and her condescension is not helping to school anyone. Having said that, I thought it was very rude of Ramona to interrupt the woman who was speaking of her experience as a black woman with white doctors when she was giving birth. This is a real problem and the fact that black women, in particular, get treated so much differently by white doctors is pervasive and real. If Ramona wanted to share her experience she should have waited until after the dinner and spoke at that time. 

AMEN.

1 hour ago, janiema said:

Sonja does this because Bethenny used to do the same thing and received attention and film time. So even when it comes to urinating on screen, Sonja has a cheater brand.

Ha, right!

There's nothing of the Sonja of the last few seasons that feel authentic.  I'm so tired of her yelling.  It's not cute.  It's not funny.  It's not her real persona. 

Her real persona is the sloppy seconds banging fun broad.  I don't know who this is but I think this is a total act to keep her apple.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I've never liked Ramona. She has been an asshole since Day 1 of this series, so nothing she says surprises me. It's getting worse because everyone enables her behavior. She's never been told to fuck off and it shows. The only new low about Ramona is her shitting on the floors.

Sonja pissing in the driveway reminded me of a line in the movie Brooklyn's Finest. "Why people gotta piss in the hallway? You're either coming from someone's house or you're going to someone's house." I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist of it. Does Sonja really think it's edgy to act like some co-ed who just turned 21? Sonja and Ramona are both embarrassing, just in different ways.

Ugh, they all probably had to smell Sonja's pissiness on the long-ass drive back to the city.

If I were Archie, I would question my friendship with Eboni for bringing Ramona and Sonja to my house. Eboni isn't responsible for their actions, but she's hung out with them enough to know that you can't take them anywhere. I hope Archie had the good sense to tell Eboni NEVER to bring those two to her home ever again.

Maybe if Sonja and Ramona would stop drinking with five thousands ice cubes every five minutes, they wouldn’t have to peeand poop wherever they are.  A normal woman can hold it for awhile.  Plus no panties is a problem too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Putting aside any issues of hypocrisy, I found Leah's discussion of getting her daughter into an elite private school to be laughable - unless she has some major pull somewhere.

Schools like Brearley, Horace Mann, Dalton, Chapin etc. are more competitive than Harvard. The Von Kemps had a storyline in the first season about trying to get their spawn into a private school. 

No mention of trying to get into one of the free schools like Hunter, Bronx Science or Stuyvesant or even one of the many magnet schools for those kids who are interested in specialized fields like arts, broadcasting or science.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, amarante said:

Putting aside any issues of hypocrisy, I found Leah's discussion of getting her daughter into an elite private school to be laughable - unless she has some major pull somewhere.

Schools like Brearley, Horace Mann, Dalton, Chapin etc. are more competitive than Harvard. The Von Kemps had a storyline in the first season about trying to get their spawn into a private school. 

No mention of trying to get into one of the free schools like Hunter, Bronx Science or Stuyvesant or even one of the many magnet schools for those kids who are interested in specialized fields like arts, broadcasting or science.

Yeah, I thought that was bizarre. First she breezes through how she "knows it's problematic" and then goes on to talk about her daughter needing access to a education without saying anything about her potentially getting into one of those schools on her own. If she's not that academically inclined what opportunities are you are trying to get for her?

• Love 7
6 hours ago, janiema said:

Yesterday I watched some of the marathon showing of season 1 and took notes while watching episode 6. (I clearly have too much time on my hands.)  There were only 5 cast members then too but the episode was constructed differently than more recent seasons. Specifically, there were 19(!) different segments very short, no more than 2 minutes each. things kept moving along. The only segment that included all 5 cast members was the girls’ party that Simon attended. That segment lasted 7 minutes. I’m sure that this was harder on production because they had to go to so many different locations although most of the locations were in cast members homes. None of the segments featured drunkeness.  In contrast, last night’s episode was only comprised (I think) of 5 locations or segments. Instead of filming many segments with only 1 or 2 of the HW’s, production’s lazy formula nowadays is to get everyone together, starve them, add lots of booze and instigate fights. It seems like new cast members are added to provoke conflict rather than giving us a window (however questionable) into the lives of the rich.

This is really telling, thanks for the research watching @janiema.  I knew the show had devolved from a fun favorite to basically unwatchable over the last few years but this is some good insight.  Last night was the first time ever I almost turned it off.  If Bravo pulls this show for a while I'd be fine with it; if they don't I won't be back.  I still have Atlanta, Beverly Hills, and may the OC.  I'm good without this version of Rude Ramona and pitifully pathetic Sonja.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Nah, she was squatting, at least a little.  But...she just squats, with her arms by her sides.  Does she not have underwear on that she needs to move out of the way?  Or does she just pee through it, like she drank through her mask in Salem?  But at least that might mean she's not splashing all over her ankles and feet. 

So many questions.

Best comment yet!

8 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Sonja talking about plunging poopy toilets seems so on track for her, right?

It really was! I got a chuckle out of the editors going back and forth between the footage of Sonja's poop plunging talk and the ladies eating dinner and wondering what else Sonja was up to. Not sure if that was supposed to be funny, but it made me laugh. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Mar said:

What I want to know is who died and made Ebony Boss?  It certainly seems that way.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Cozytea said:

What? The reunion isn't happening? Are they really not doing a Reunion?

I read that Andy keeps pushing the reunion until late September.  I don’t know why.  Maybe they announce who’s staying and who’s going and haven’t decided yet.  

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 1

I think Eboni would have done better when the RHONY cast was more substantive -- e.g., Carol, Bethanny and Dorinda. However the women of substance are gone and those who have stayed -- Ramona, Sonja, LuAnne -- are not up to serious discussions on things like race relations and anti-semitism, nor do they particularly care. Bravo made the mistake of redirecting the RHONY to address more serious issues just when the cast is the least interested or capable of addressing serious subjects.

• Useful 4
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Yeah, I thought that was bizarre. First she breezes through how she "knows it's problematic" and then goes on to talk about her daughter needing access to a education without saying anything about her potentially getting into one of those schools on her own. If she's not that academically inclined what opportunities are you are trying to get for her?

Leah is trying to get herself a storyline.  Her daughter is a tool to reach that goal. 

• Love 5

I can't handle Ramona anymore. It's not cute, because it's not hard to shut the fuck up and listen to people sometimes. I don't get it. 

I think I'm mad at myself as a viewer for not...I get that these shows have been segregated, since jump street. I shouldn't have just watched anyway because the drama is fun with a glass of wine. The woman talking about her experience giving birth was, what, the fourth Black person ever to get to talk on this show? Why not just let her finish a frickin sentence?

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 11
On 8/18/2021 at 10:02 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Leah could send her daughter to a good Jewish day school, you know because of her decision to convert, she will have to practice the religion at home, right?

Except her daughter isn’t Jewish?  I still don’t understand why she is converting (assuming she really completes the classes).  Maybe her Rabbi could explain she can’t be on her phone on Yom Kippur.  That was embarrassing.

Edited by Mrs peel
On, not in
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, gingerella said:

This show is so fucking boring I had to f/f through most of it. 

I agree.  I ffed through almost the whole show.  This is not what I tune in to see on a friggin Housewives show! They need to ditch Eboni and Leah, and drop Sonja down to friend of status until she can straighten herself up. I think she's acting anyway.  She can turn it on and off like Leah. 

I think most of Ramona's acting up is because she knows what this shows supposed to be about and this season it's all about Eboni teaching them (and us) about 'things'.  She knows that's not an interesting HW show.  I can understand her frustration of the 1 and 1/2 hour drive to get to Eboni's house then another couple of hrs sitting there being lectured to about Black Shabbat and black problems while hungry-ish, knowing she still has another 1 and 1/2 hr ride to get home and the scene they went to all that trouble for isn't even any good.  I feel very sorry for the woman with fibroids and not enough pain medicine but I dont want to hear about it in this format.  How dull!  I have enough problems of my own.  There's no fun escapism in this show anymore.  I think I'll pull up an old NY Housewives where they head down to Tequila, Mexico and watch the fun shopping and shenanigans!

• Love 11
15 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Leah is trying to get herself a storyline.  Her daughter is a tool to reach that goal. 

It reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry was pissed that his dentist converted to Judaism so he could tell jokes - or at least that is how I vague remember the plot :-).

Leah's conversion storyline makes less than zero sense. I ask this as an atheist Jew. Granted I lack any kind of spiritual curiosity so I have never sought to find "meaning" in any kind of religion.

The best aspects of Judaism are those ones that celebrate making the world a better place - the stuff that helped build labor unions and backed progressive candidates but those values are shared by many people without any kind of religious affiliation.

But why anyone would want to connect with the empty meaningless rituals especially when the person isn't observing even the most basic mitzvahs - let alone all of the 613 :-). She isn't even observing what are called the big three - the defining ones - keeping kosher; observing the Shabbos and ritual purity (Niddah).

It would be like someone deciding to convert to Catholicism without any belief in either the Holy Trinity, the role of priests or confession and communion. There are plenty of lapsed Catholics who are my friends who aren't observant but it would be odd for someone to convert without any kind of emotional and spiritual connection with a religion's rituals. Otherwise just communicate with god or whatever gods or being or higher powers you think exist in whatever way works for you - you don't need an organized religion with a set of rituals and very defined belief systems.

Edited by amarante
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

I don't get the "Just the thing you wanted" posts.

I also don't get the Black Shabbat. Granted I am so uninvolved this season. But is Eboni converting? The 3 silent Black guests there as well?

Let alone the not being informed by the Shabbat meaningfulness in all the hours before Ramona was fed again? lol. 

Couldn't Eboni the Great Teacher have taught the gals a little about the ritual on the way? 

Simply.cannot.stand.Leah. Ramona and Sonja as well. Eboni for sure.

But I will stand behind Luanne.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, maggiemae said:

I also don't get the Black Shabbat. Granted I am so uninvolved this season. But is Eboni converting? The 3 silent Black guests there as well?

The Black Shabbat was meant to honor and discuss the many commonalities that Blacks and Jews in America share. There are many shared experiences for both groups and sharing the Shabbat dinner was an entry point into discussing those commonalities. It was a nice idea but not with Leah, Ramona or Sonja there. And really, not with Lu either because Lu doesn't really give two shits about anything that's not about her. So the '3 silent Black guests' weren't talking because they were obviously horrified by what they were witnessing with Ramona and Sonja and Leah commandeering the evening. The one time one woman tried to speak Ramona cut her off and made it about herself, again.

• Like 1
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

I can't handle Ramona anymore. It's not cute, because it's not hard to shut the fuck up and listen to people sometimes. I don't get it. 

I think I'm mad at myself as a viewer for not...I get that these shows have been segregated, since jump street. I shouldn't have just watched anyway because the drama is fun with a glass of wine. The woman talking about her experience giving birth was, what, the fourth Black person ever to get to talk on this show? Why not just let her finish a frickin sentence?

Yes, that was the most interesting story on this show that I’ve heard in a long time, and Ramona as usual had to jump in with her own story about who knows what.  I was so pissed.  Motormouth with no filter.

• Love 6