Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E15: Bitching and Ramoaning

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No future information from other shows or social media.  Confine the discussion to the episode and what was known as of the time that it was filmed.  As always, no personal politics. 

• Start Topic

After a spirited attempt to get back on track, the conversation continues to heat up during Eboni’s Black Shabbat dinner. Over lunch with Luann’s Fortune Society friends, Ramona expresses concern for Sonja’s habits and Eboni’s journey to learn more about her family continues with unexpected developments.

Original air date 2021.08.17 

Imagine my surprise to see Lu wearing a Selena sweater lol.  I love Selena but can't believe Lu even knows who she is.

Lu : you forgot the caviar.  🤦‍♀️

I don't care about Ramona,  she a horrible person and everyone laughs it off so she continues to act like a very special asshole.  So whatever. 🙄

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 13
8 minutes ago, Marley said:

Sonja is a delusional drunk. She really does need some kind of help. Her yelling was embarrassing. Both her and Ramona need help but different kinds of help. I just don’t find Sonja amusing like a lot of ppl do. She annoys the shit out of me.

Do people find her amusing?  Uugh I cannot stand her.  

• Love 20
34 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Unfortunately from comments I see yes. There’s a lot of Queen Sonja etc. I mean a lot of it’s on ig but still I don’t get it.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, swankie said:

Ramona is one if those people who don't believe that racism still exists.  I will bet the whole farm she's an, "ALL lives matter" argument pusher.  I'm not saying she's racist; I'm saying she has no empathy for people who are discriminated against because it doesn't affect her lilly white life one iota.  She just doesn't give a fat rat's ass about other people's trials and tribulations...PERIOD!

1 minute ago, maggiemae said:

I think Ramona never thinks about racism...even when ordering white or POC to do her bidding whether to hang up her clothes, etc.

All are there to cater to her.

She thinks about it enough to immediately speak up when someone seems to be talking about it. Like how she just happened to have her own hospital anecdote about a nurse not giving her pain meds to "challenge" the other woman's reference to studies showing non-white people are given inferior care and her own story ilustrating what that meant for actual people.

• Like 1
  • Love 21
49 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I am right there with you, I can not stand Sonja this season.  
After this episode, I can’t really stand any of them.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The best thing (only good thing?) about this episode was that Leah was barely in it. Loved that after not seeing her mother for two weeks, the first thing Leah's daughter does is go to her bedroom. Funny, and totally understandable.  I am also so amused that Leah spends most of her THs putting down the white cast members as elitists, and then tries to justify spending $60,000 to put her kid in a private high school. Hypocrite, thy name is Leah. 

I do sympathize with hangry Ramona, as I suffer from the same problem. I learned long ago to carry a snack in my purse if I am going to dinner, especially at someone's house, as you are at their mercy as far as when you will actually have dinner. I excuse myself, head to the powder room and wolf down a snack so that I don't bite someone's head off. 

Leah is a complete hypocrite.  There are plenty of quality public high schools that you need to take a test for admittance.   She should spend some money on tutors to prepare her for a top notch free education and save for college.   

Ramona uses hunger as an excuse for poor behavior .  They showed her stuffing her face on the bus and Luanne said she has a huge plate in the back.  

• Love 15
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

do sympathize with hangry Ramona, as I suffer from the same problem. I learned long ago to carry a snack in my purse if I am going to dinner

That's the difference, you carry a snack.

• Love 5

I can’t watch until I get back to the east coast August 28. But I am imagining Sonja slurring, shouting incoherently, her voice becoming high-pitched, shoveling food into her mouth, interrupting, waving her arms, tripping, stumbling, falling off furniture, breaking items and looking red, bloated and like a patient in the ER. 

Or is she worse than usual?

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I am trying to figure out why Eboni continues to give Sonja a pass, when she acts even worse than Ramona. That rant about Ramona being only interested in yachts, etc. ?  That is Sonja, through and through. I did have to laugh when poor Archie mouthed "Eboni" like she was trying to figure out WTF to do to shut Sonja up. And peeing in Archie's driveway? The fact that Eboni didn't go ballistic about that just tells me that she is there for the paycheck and is friends with Sonja and Leah because that is her assignment this season. 

The best thing (only good thing?) about this episode was that Leah was barely in it. Loved that after not seeing her mother for two weeks, the first thing Leah's daughter does is go to her bedroom. Funny, and totally understandable.  I am also so amused that Leah spends most of her THs putting down the white cast members as elitists, and then tries to justify spending $60,000 to put her kid in a private high school. Hypocrite, thy name is Leah. 

I do sympathize with hangry Ramona, as I suffer from the same problem. I learned long ago to carry a snack in my purse if I am going to dinner, especially at someone's house, as you are at their mercy as far as when you will actually have dinner. I excuse myself, head to the powder room and wolf down a snack so that I don't bite someone's head off. 

Can I add on about Leah’s hypocrisy? She’s doing her usual review of the episode commenting how Ramona humiliated Judaism with her behavior…bitch, you humiliated Judaism sitting there saying someone else humiliated Judaism with your boobs hanging out! 

Edited by BrownBear2012
  • LOL 13
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Bluesky said:

Leah is a complete hypocrite.  There are plenty of quality public high schools that you need to take a test for admittance.   She should spend some money on tutors to prepare her for a top notch free education and save for college.   

Ramona uses hunger as an excuse for poor behavior .  They showed her stuffing her face on the bus and Luanne said she has a huge plate in the back.  

Yes! Ramona is always using something else to excuse her shitty behavior. This woman is mentally ill. She’s a malignant narcissist who has zero awareness of just how badly she behaves and how cray cray she is. I want her fired and throw Sonja into the firing pit too. These two have some major issues that need to be dealt with and also, they’re just awful and really hard to watch. 

1 hour ago, gingerella said:

This show is so fucking boring I had to f/f through most of it. 

They need to put it on hiatus like they just did with RHODallas. When they come back it should be with a new cast.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, ichbin said:

The most interesting thing concerning her was when Rob was leaving and told their daughter, "Make sure your mother behaves."  They were alone and it wasn't said in a jokey way.  I'm glad that kid has her father and grandparents in her life.

I think Ramona's biggest problem is her age.  She was a child during the civil rights movement of the 50's and 60's and in the aftermath of that society was told it should strive for a color-blind, equal, and unsegregated society.  The current climate no longer accords with that message.  Add to that the fact that she was brought up by immigrants and lived in a volatile household.  She worked hard to establish her own business at a young age.  I believe she has difficulty seeing herself as being privileged. It is more a generational thing.  I also have always suspected there is some kind of LD or ADHD issue at play. Is she tone deaf? Self-centered? Badly mannered at times? Hell, yeah! Racist?  I think that terms is thrown around much too easily these days when it does not really apply.  

I have also suspected that Ramona has some form of ADHD or even Asperger’s. When she has a question she breaks in and asks immediately. That smaller get together was an example. She wasn’t actually challenging the girl stuck on Rikers. She was trying to figure out how this could have happened legally to someone she understood to be innocent. It turns out the young lady was not as innocent as Ramona thought but at the end Ramona understood. Just let her ask her questions. Sometimes we have the same questions. 

Ramona, I think, is a good friend. That’s why she has so many friends. Despite everyone else telling her that Sonja has to hit bottom, she doesn’t want that for her friend. Sonja is a dreadful friend.

• Useful 4
  • Love 19
7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I am trying to figure out why Eboni continues to give Sonja a pass, when she acts even worse than Ramona. That rant about Ramona being only interested in yachts, etc. ? 

Sonja doesn't seem to have a malicious bone in her body and she's compassionate and understanding.

With that being said, I think Ramona is unredeemable and now I see why there were rumors of her being fired.  I never took Ramona for being racially sensitive and understood we most likely have opposing political views but I found her entertaining before the Black Shabbat dinner.  I found her behavior there reprehensible and she really just doesn't GAF about the Black experience in particular and I no longer GAF about her.  I don't care whether she goes or stays.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

What a boring episode, it just keeps getting worse and worse. I don’t know if it’s because of Covid or what. Ramona and Sonja have always had their asshole moments but it’s getting old. Ramona and her ‘but what about me’ and Sonja getting so drunk she pees in a driveway in front of everyone and the camera crew. Not entertaining anymore. 
Eboni and Leah have brought nothing to this show. I’m afraid this franchise might be toast. Too bad, it used to be my favorite. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, BrownBear2012 said:

They need to put it on hiatus like they just did with RHODallas. When they come back it should be with a new cast.

I think there has been rumors of doing that. They have had to reschedule the reunion taping twice, because of Ramona.

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I thought that awful cringeworthy dinner would never end. The lady with the white hair couldn’t finish a sentence. The woman who had a childbirth story couldn’t finish her story and the man that was there didn’t even try to talk did he?

• Love 18

The only way to save this franchise is to get rid of Ramona, Sonja and Leah. Sonja is a sloppy embarrassing drunk. Ramona is tone deaf. She is her own worse enemy constantly interrupting and making everything about her. And Leah is horrible and she brings nothing to this show but being a bully and a hypocrite.  Start over with Lu and Eboni and go from there.  Or maybe the show just isn't worth saving. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I immediately thought the same when Leah’s daughter went straight to her room.  Rob looks he wants the minimal to do with Leah, as he went straight home after talking about the private school.  Being how Leah talks, you would think public school would be the best choice.  Rob can’t afford it.  The only normalcy Keira or whatever her name is, has is Rob and the Grandparents.  Nice girl .. too bad her mother is whacked.  Notice the new lips whacko has?  Not a good look.  Not that I care.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

The only way to save this franchise is to get rid of Ramona, Sonja and Leah. Sonja is a sloppy embarrassing drunk. Ramona is tone deaf. She is her own worse enemy constantly interrupting and making everything about her. And Leah is horrible and she brings nothing to this show but being a bully and a hypocrite.  Start over with Lu and Eboni and go from there.  Or maybe the show just isn't worth saving. 

The Countess has to stay to save her career.  The show is the only reason she has to do Cabaret,as she’s the Housewife of N.Y.

• Love 5

I've never liked Ramona. She has been an asshole since Day 1 of this series, so nothing she says surprises me. It's getting worse because everyone enables her behavior. She's never been told to fuck off and it shows. The only new low about Ramona is her shitting on the floors.

Sonja pissing in the driveway reminded me of a line in the movie Brooklyn's Finest. "Why people gotta piss in the hallway? You're either coming from someone's house or you're going to someone's house." I'm paraphrasing, but that's the gist of it. Does Sonja really think it's edgy to act like some co-ed who just turned 21? Sonja and Ramona are both embarrassing, just in different ways.

Ugh, they all probably had to smell Sonja's pissiness on the long-ass drive back to the city.

If I were Archie, I would question my friendship with Eboni for bringing Ramona and Sonja to my house. Eboni isn't responsible for their actions, but she's hung out with them enough to know that you can't take them anywhere. I hope Archie had the good sense to tell Eboni NEVER to bring those two to her home ever again.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

The Countess has to stay to save her career.  The show is the only reason she has to do Cabaret,as she’s the Housewife of N.Y.

Fire her ass too! I can't stand Cabaret Luann!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I am unsure as to what is worse, Ramona and Sonja's behavior at the Shabbot dinner or Lu's "Selena" sweatshirt, it was all offensive, right?

First, we all know that Ramona will take charge of everyone's personal experience, the woman with the horrible birth story (it really makes you think about hospital care being so bad and divisive for some people, I had no idea), I would have loved to hear the happy outcome, the other non HW guests might have had something to say but thanks to Ramona and Sonja we will never know anything about them.

Second, had the night gone smoothly we would be bored, we need to be entertained but those to women are so cringe worthy it borders on entertainment/mental illness and I feel icky being entertained by people who are not well.

Lu at Ramona's apartment (OMG, that view! She does not deserve it), Lu said she went to the kitchen for a diet coke but I heard her say she was looking for her purse, why the lie?  I appreciate Lu telling Ramona she was rude, it won't sink in but at least someone told her she was being rude.

I am guessing Archie will never want to be a friend of, part time HW or be on the show ever again, to be catty her house has no flow, randomness of  rooms and stairs, gave me anxiety. I now understand the very odd choice of storage cages, her house must serve as design show room for clients to see the many choices of secure storage options for the family owned storage units.  I liked Archie but she is too nice and normal for this show.

Sonja talking about plunging poopy toilets seems so on track for her, right?

• Love 8
9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The hangry excuse doesn't hold water, Eboni provided hummus & crudite on the drive to NJ.  So then Ramona tried to say she had too much to drink.  She may have been a little tipsy but that's not why she was an asshole. It's her personality. If she's not interested in the event or people, she has no time for it.  She completely lacks patience or social graces.  How many events have we seen her dip or storm out of over the years?

9 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Same.  But there is a strong contingent on social media who adore her.  IMHO on her best days her behavior is cringeworthy and she's no friend yet she expects loyalty & devotion.  I'm sick to death of her yelling out insults and baiting everyone during arguments. She's a sniper from the side, and a delusional one at that.

I wish Bershan had been included in more events. I feel like this season suffered in part due to too few housewives. 

• Love 11

Tell me Sonja's outburst at the dinner table wasn't scripted. As usual, she gets away with her screaming. Ramona admitted she had too much to drink but yet didn't fight back with Sonja at all. Instead, hugs, kisses and pats on the ass between these two. 

• Love 7

Sonja never owns up to being drunk. When Archie wanted to say the blessing with the wine of course Sonja had to grab the bottle of tequila and scream I want to bless with tequila while pouring herself a huge glass. Did anyone tell her how cringe worthy her behavior was and how disrespectful she was while a guest in someone's home. Maybe they should rename this show The Real drunks and crazies of NYC. 

• Love 9
10 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Same. She was interesting in the very beginning, but that ship sailed several seasons ago. 

• Love 6

Anytime anyone else is talking Ramona is just staring and blinking rapidly and thinking of a reason to interrupt.  Doesn't matter if it's a stranger or Luann.  I can't believe how defensive she is.  It really scares me how someone can spend 60 years on this planet learning nothing.  That takes a hell of a lot of something, a personality disorder, something.  She needs major help.

Ramona lives on a planet where she knows everything, she's always right, there's nothing for her to learn, she knows more than everyone else anyway.

In the Dorinda years Ramona managed to seem somewhat sane.  Now that Dorinda's gone Ramona's insanity has really ramped back up and everyone can see it now plainly all of the time.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 16

Why did Eboni all of a sudden say she and Ramona are alike? What did I miss? Why is she catering to her? Why is she also being so passive towards Sonja? If there was a time for Eboni to school them, this was it. 

Woke Libertarian Leah wants to send her daughter to private school? There's nothing wrong with that, but the person Leah portrays herself to be wouldn't roll like that. She's fake. 

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, charliesan said:

Why did Eboni all of a sudden say she and Ramona are alike? What did I miss? Why is she catering to her? Why is she also being so passive towards Sonja? If there was a time for Eboni to school them, this was it. 

Woke Libertarian Leah wants to send her daughter to private school? There's nothing wrong with that, but the person Leah portrays herself to be wouldn't roll like that. She's fake. 

Leah could send her daughter to a good Jewish day school, you know because of her decision to convert, she will have to practice the religion at home, right?

• LOL 5
34 minutes ago, charliesan said:

I don't get it, either. My guess is that the wonky editing cut out some important conversations? I have to say, though, that these latest Leah-lite episodes are the best of the season so far. Yes, I'm watching in horror through my fingers, but it made me pay attention to the social dynamics. I'm actually curious about Eboni's enabling tendencies; how could ANYONE find common ground with Ramona after she tried to one-up a woman who nearly died giving birth?   Kristen Wiig used to play that really annoying character (Penelope?) on SNL that always hijacked the conversation by making every topic about herself. Ramona was an even less charming version. The excuses would have infuriated me; did she really think no one else was hungry or tired? Or that no one else has ever spoken before thinking?

• LOL 2
  • Love 14