Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Brand Statement

• Start Topic

Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn welcome 10 designers to Los Angeles, CA where they arrive with their first assignment already complete -- a two-look collection representative of their brand statement. In a twist, the designers must interview with Vogue Business to promote their brand before hitting the runway. One gets the win while one designer is sent home before they can even unpack.

(edited)

It's funny, I just finished watching season 7 of Bosch, also on Amazon, and that "Amazon Prime Video Intro Tone Set" had me primed, and then I saw the Hollywood Sign, and was completely confused that I'd wandered back into Bosch!

So they are making a big deal about the next "Great Global Brand RIGHT HERE IN THIS ROOM."

I can't even remember who won last season. And is that person famous now?

Edited by dleighg
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Heidi is also lying about the winning look being available on Amazon RIGHT NOW.  I would totally buy either of the winning looks from this episode, but they are not available yet.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Heidi is also lying about the winning look being available on Amazon RIGHT NOW.  I would totally buy either of the winning looks from this episode, but they are not available yet.  

Oh, I’m glad it’s not me-I looked on Amazon and couldn’t find the winning looks.

• Love 2

Interesting start, Tim & Heidi look great.  She is 48 years old!  But I'm sure they're filming everything with those super-flattering lenses....*LOL*

I like seeing them all conceptualizing & putting together their 2 initial looks.  It's a quick peek at their real lives and a nice bit of info to have going in.  Kind of like "Road to the Runway" where we were introduced to the new designers of PR in the later seasons. 

I am absolutely fascinated by Gary and the historical foundations he uses for his designs. Sad he wasn't able to keep his business going, but maybe this will bring him back.  I'm glad Tim knows who he is.  Losing his shop must have been brutal. His coat was stunning, as was his dress.  He's already my favorite and I'm glad he won.  He can work on the interviews!

Joshua's #1 mistake is talking about how "he's doing it all for his wife & child".  That's always crap, so trite and I hate it.  No, if what you do is only to take care of them, you don't go on a REALITY TV SHOW, you'd have a stable job, 401K and full health coverage.  Maybe his wife has all that, in which case he's still doing what he does for himself.  Git.   

NY Andrea is very disco queen for me.  Not impressed by Raf, Ally's soccer mom, Dushaynt's pajamas, Lucie's shapeless stuff, Olivia's weird pocket & straps and the rest. 

Winnie is a GREAT change from Naomi.  I NEVER want to see her on my TV screen again.  I remember when Winnie was discovered by Tyra Banks on ANTM, back when she was still being called Chantelle.  She's articulate & thoughtful.  I like her judging with Jeremy & Heidi.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, leighdear said:

Interesting start, Tim & Heidi look great.  She is 48 years old!  But I'm sure they're filming everything with those super-flattering lenses....*LOL*

I like seeing them all conceptualizing & putting together their 2 initial looks.  It's a quick peek at their real lives and a nice bit of info to have going in.  Kind of like "Road to the Runway" where we were introduced to the new designers of PR in the later seasons. 

I am absolutely fascinated by Gary and the historical foundations he uses for his designs. Sad he wasn't able to keep his business going, but maybe this will bring him back.  I'm glad Tim knows who he is.  Losing his shop must have been brutal. His coat was stunning, as was his dress.  He's already my favorite and I'm glad he won.  He can work on the interviews!

Joshua's #1 mistake is talking about how "he's doing it all for his wife & child".  That's always crap, so trite and I hate it.  No, if what you do is only to take care of them, you don't go on a REALITY TV SHOW, you'd have a stable job, 401K and full health coverage.  Maybe his wife has all that, in which case he's still doing what he does for himself.  Git.   

NY Andrea is very disco queen for me.  Not impressed by Raf, Ally's soccer mom, Dushaynt's pajamas, Lucie's shapeless stuff, Olivia's weird pocket & straps and the rest. 

Winnie is a GREAT change from Naomi.  I NEVER want to see her on my TV screen again.  I remember when Winnie was discovered by Tyra Banks on ANTM, back when she was still being called Chantelle.  She's articulate & thoughtful.  I like her judging with Jeremy & Heidi.

Love Winnie…big improvement over Naomi.

Good news- The format is better because it focuses on the designer and not on comedy bits from Tim and Heidi. I liked the winning looks.

The large Amazon budget is such a change that it makes the first season of Project Runway look quaint by comparison.

Bad News-What a disappointing and boring runway. I like the Indian guy but his designs were so basic that you could get them in any flea market. The robe look was a mistake and I was extremely underwhelmed by most of the designs.

I do not believe these are the best emerging designers from around the globe.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Gary's look is available here. And it's more reasonably priced than I expected. I wish I liked puffed sleeves more.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, akg said:

Gary's look is available here. And it's more reasonably priced than I expected. I wish I liked puffed sleeves more.

Absolutely.  If the dress had a 3/4 or kimono sleeve, I'd be ordering it now.  I ADORE that shade of slate blue and the shape is good for my body type.   But yeah, no puff sleeve.  *LOL*  

• Love 1
(edited)

That was a whole lot of FUG on the runway.  Bridal gown chick needed to go, cocky chick needed to go, ginormous white pant person needs to go.  Go Gary.

Just watched the runway for episode 2.  I'm out.

Edited by Gracie123
  • Love 3

Never watched the first season (read about it here) but found this first episode very interesting. Loved that they brought the first two looks with them. 

As an artist I’m sympathetic to the difficulty Gary has talking about his work. AND this is a challenge he should have resolved long ago. Artists need to be able to help the viewer see their work. They need to be able to articulate a path that helps the viewer enter into their vision. (This is grad school 101 stuff.)

• Love 8
(edited)

What is with the garbage bag fitting clothes?  Is this a trend?  Should I start buying 3 sizes up?

I am not seeing any design, just really bad draping.  I wish Project Runway was available in Canada because this is stupid.  I watched Season 1 and was disappointed that "All I Make Is Black" chick won.  Also, Moschino?  Don't be critiquing anyone's design when you are dressed like a fucking clown.

Edited by Gracie123
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
5 hours ago, akg said:

The boots cost almost $700, so an $80 dress is a deal. I like that the video shows it on a small model and a bigger model. Looks good on both body types. 

As for the episode, Heidi's face looked lovely when they showed her at the judging. Then, the pasties on her dress came into to view and I wondered wtf. 

I caught the first season just a few weeks ago. I like the show. I had always hated the forced drama and "characters" of PR. Much less of that with this show. I quit watching PR several years ago, and bringing back Siriano did nothing to make me want to watch it again. I still have the bad taste of the insufferable little shit he was when he first appeared on that show. So, I am glad to see a second season of this. 

Edited by azshadowwalker
  • Love 2
(edited)

I initially loved Heidi’s runway look when all I saw was the pink and white top.  But the black plastic bustier or whatever came into view.  🤮 

I liked the winning look and I like Gary.  He was more articulate in his voice over.  

Of course, I was set up to really like and root for Lendrell from his intro but yeah, the bathrobe was awful. But close tie for awfulness alongside the bright pink clown costume.  

I hope the designs get better.  

oh and whoever described their designs as gender fluid because they can be worn by men or women?  Do we not not say unisex anymore?

Added thought 

Edited by Tiggertoo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Last season my takeaway of this show was that as incredibly gorgeous as the runways (the sets) were, the clothes themselves were equally incredibly boring and bland - shapeless draped sacks, or simple, boring garments. Unfortunately the same seemed to be true of this season, so far.

The only two looks with any impact were the show openers - Gary’s beautiful textiles and shapes - and closer - those wedding pants 😍. Everyone else made shapeless, boring, blandness. Bah. I want to love this show, but I really hope we start to see some wow pieces - color, texture, pattern, shape, drama! - out of these designers. 

• Love 8

The biggest problem for me is that none of these "designers" are required to do much construction or sewing.  I know, it's NOT PR, but how can you design anything successfully if you don't know how to sew the pieces together?  The biggest problem Lucie had was the inability to communicate her design clearly to the overnight construction/sewing folks.  The step-by-step construction notes were necessary, but she failed miserably.  Maybe it's the language barrier, but I doubt it.   What name Fashion designer could ever have gotten away with that before they hit the big time?   I know most of them probably have decent skills, but they just haven't been displayed yet.

It's like Sheldon on "Big Bang Theory" learning to swim on his living room floor, by watching YouTube videos.  It doesn't work that way!

I think you need to be able to do French seams.  And you need to be able to hand-stich buttonholes.  You need to know how to insert a welt pocket.  You need to know how to set a collar.  You need to know fabric, and you need to know fit to be really good.  

But then again, this is about building a BRAND, not making amazing clothing.  Big difference. 

• Love 3

Olivia bugs me.  I don’t like her style or her designs.  Her personality is a bit to aggressive for me.

I knew Lendell was toast the minute they showed him still working when the rest of the designers were probably already at the airport.

Joshua is not of the same caliber as some of the others.  I feel like he talks about fashion and uses insider words, but he just is faking it.  I didn’t see any of his pre-show work, so maybe nerves got the best of him?  

Gary’s use of vintage/historic textiles is very interesting.  But his communication style makes me nervous…he doesn’t explain his ideas well.  He kind of lost me with his graveyard redemption story, but I am not a very esoteric/ethereal person, so I am not hip enough to get it.

I like Andrea from Brooklyn.

• Love 7
(edited)
13 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

Gary’s use of vintage/historic textiles is very interesting.  But his communication style makes me nervous…he doesn’t explain his ideas well.  He kind of lost me with his graveyard redemption story, but I am not a very esoteric/ethereal person, so I am not hip enough to get it.

I took it to be much the same as when on PR or other design shows, the judges ask "Who is your girl"? (or guy or gender neutral individual, etc.)  They want a backstory, or a scenario involving who the person is, where they're going and why they'd be wearing this particular outfit. 

For Gary, he indicated that the textiles he used were historically based in the period of time that the girl on the tombstone lived and died.  Pretty concrete actually.  And for me, his explanation was a lot less esoteric than most of the others who were using all the buzzwords and making various word salads to describe their looks. 

I call it the "Naval Gazing Perspective".  Just using ordinary terms and descriptions isn't enough these days.  You have to make almost no sense to normal people to be considered an "artiste".  *LOL*

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, leighdear said:

I took it to be much the same as when on PR or other design shows, the judges ask "Who is your girl"? (or guy or gender neutral individual, etc.)  They want a backstory, or a scenario involving who the person is, where they're going and why they'd be wearing this particular outfit. 

For Gary, he indicated that the textiles he used were historically based in the period of time that the girl on the tombstone lived and died.  Pretty concrete actually.  And for me, his explanation was a lot less esoteric than most of the others who were using all the buzzwords and making various word salads to describe their looks. 

I call it the "Naval Gazing Perspective".  Just using ordinary terms and descriptions isn't enough these days.  You have to make almost no sense to normal people to be considered an "artiste".  *LOL*

I get them with "What's your inspiration?" etc, though it can get a bit much.  Also, I don't think I want to wear an outfit inspired by a dead girl.  Especially if the explanation is delivered by someone who comes across as pretty ghoulish and humourless.  I can imagine Helena Bonham Carter going for it though.  Why not just say it was inspired by 19th century textiles?

• Love 4
(edited)

WHERE IS NAOMI?

200 (1).gif

And what is with the terrible music?

I've never been impressed with Heidi through 100 seasons of Project Runway, and she's no different now.  And Winnie has done nothing to impress me either.  Their critiques amount to "I would wear that", or "I would not wear that".  This is not a sample sale!  Those are not actual critiques of fashion, ESPECIALLY for the runway looks.  Why the fuck should I care if 2 out of 5 billion (?) women on the planet want to wear something?  Critique the looks, the fashion, the design, the designers and their point of view!

The worst is when they force the contestants to say these prepackaged soundbites about the celebrity guests.  When they made one of the contestants say something like Vogue was the standard in fashion journalism it's like............... really?  I think even everyday laypeople know that!  Does that really need to be explained?  It's kind of like saying Coke is a popular soda.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Their critiques amount to "I would wear that", or "I would not wear that".  This is not a sample sale! 

exactly. And given that Heidi's taste runs to super-mini-skirts and lots of flash, that's not exactly a selling point for me, or, I imagine, millions of other people.

• Love 9
On 7/17/2021 at 1:58 PM, Tiggertoo said:

Oh and whoever described their designs as gender fluid because they can be worn by men or women?  Do we not not say unisex anymore?

Added thought 

I used the term "gender fluid" because "Unisex" implies only 2 sexes.  I'm not totally up to speed on how many their are now, but I'd rather err on the side of more than 2.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Why did they even bother having the Vogue woman interview people when we really didn't see much of that, or get her critique, and it clearly did NOT factor into the judging, as the guy who did the worst interview won anyway. (which I'm glad cuz his clothes were the best)

The music is still super intrusive. The judges are are still not very insightful. Heidi and Tim are still not funny. Tim doesn't have to be a "mentor" but he could still give his opinion. What is the point of all of the designers showing him their 2 looks before the runway just to have him go, "uh huh, okay." He should have told some of them to re-think their choices!

They've re-tooled the show a bit, but needed to do more. ...I will still watch, of course!  

• Love 7

I loved Gary's but thought everybody else looked like J.C. Penney catalog crap. Well, the wedding dress pants outfit was OK. But holy cow, I was laughing out loud at how bad some of them were. Dangling straps and off-center zippers are just gimmicks. I know I'm not up on fashion trends, but ugly is ugly. Where does Tim get off telling them the next big thing is in the room when most of these people's work looked like bad home ec class projects? 

You can tell when someone has a clear vision, and Gary may not be able to articulate it in words, but he can sure show you what he means.   

• Love 9
1 hour ago, lidarose9 said:

I loved Gary's but thought everybody else looked like J.C. Penney catalog crap. Well, the wedding dress pants outfit was OK. But holy cow, I was laughing out loud at how bad some of them were. Dangling straps and off-center zippers are just gimmicks. I know I'm not up on fashion trends, but ugly is ugly. Where does Tim get off telling them the next big thing is in the room when most of these people's work looked like bad home ec class projects? 

You can tell when someone has a clear vision, and Gary may not be able to articulate it in words, but he can sure show you what he means.   

When he said that and we got that God-awful fashion show...I really began to worry about his mental clarity. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 7/18/2021 at 7:38 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I have to watch this show on mute and with captioning because I cannot deal with all the annoying music.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Don't forget though, this show is NOT about actual fashion.  It's about a GLOBAL BRAND, as they keep hammering at us. 

Clothing is only a small part, from what we saw last season.  It's also shoes, bags, accessories, fragrances, dishes, pillows, phone cases, vape pens, can coozies, USB sticks, disposable lighters, note pads, etc......LITERALLY anything that can have a logo or name slapped on it and produced by the millions, for the masses. 

Fashion?  Real style? Wearable designs?  *sigh*  Only by accident.  Or by Gary.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Can't decide if I'm optimistic about this show or just thrilled for something new. The locale is gorgeous. No one seems too annoying yet. Loved the runway show and how well I could see each outfit. The schtick between Heidi and Tim was less than S1. Gary seems incredibly talented. I'm in....  for now

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Gary seems incredibly talented.

I really like his stuff. I visited his website and liked a lot of stuff there. Expensive, but not really outrageous. Not that I'm going to spend that kind of $ on something that wouldn't look as good on me as on a model LOL.

• Love 3

What's Gary going to do when he's working in the bubble and doesn't have access to the vintage-type fabrics he used for this challenge?  Of course, I haven't seen the second episode so maybe that's already been answered.

Hate the music.  So awful and so loud you can't hear them talking about the shitty clothes.  It was so dark, despite the amazing light fixtures, that it was hard to see them.  And hate, as always, the criteria for liking an outfit being "I'd wear that."  It's not supposed to be about your personal taste.

I agree with the other folks who've said they enjoyed not getting the Frolicking Tim and Heidi montage this time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, meowmommy said:

What's Gary going to do when he's working in the bubble and doesn't have access to the vintage-type fabrics he used for this challenge?  Of course, I haven't seen the second episode so maybe that's already been answered.

Hopefully not a spoiler, but we did see in the 2nd episode that one of the designers was able to design & have produced some coordinating fabric to go with some already-available fabric, so they could use the new stuff for their 2nd look.   So these folks are not constrained by just what's available.    Nice option.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 7/19/2021 at 6:10 PM, lidarose9 said:

Since the very beginning of Project Runway (yes, I'm a sucker for punishment) I have never understood the appeal of Tim Gunn.  His bullying of one the contestants some years ago (I think it was the laughable Ashley season) just made things worse.

• Love 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Leeds said:

Since the very beginning of Project Runway (yes, I'm a sucker for punishment) I have never understood the appeal of Tim Gunn.  His bullying of one the contestants some years ago (I think it was the laughable Ashley season) just made things worse.

I think it was because he seemed like such a dignified and wise elder statesmen type (which does not come often on reality shows).

His polish tarnished a little for me when he made some extremely ageist (oh the irony) remarks about a contestant on his own show "Under the Gunn".

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I think it was because he seemed like such a dignified and wide elder statement type (which does not come often on reality shows).

His polish tarnished a little for me when he made some extremely ageist (oh the irony) remarks about a contestant on his own show "Under the Gunn".

Kind of like an elephant with something to trumpet to the world?  Sounds about right!  🙂

• LOL 1
13 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Damn, autocorrect...fixed it.

Autocorrect has a lot to answer for, but can be a source of amusement.  I hope you don't think I was being rude.

• LOL 1
20 minutes ago, Leeds said:

Autocorrect has a lot to answer for, but can be a source of amusement.  I hope you don't think I was being rude.

Not at all...at least it served a purpose.

• Love 1

I loved the location and thought the runway was beautiful.  I laughed when Tim asked Olivia what she thought and she piped up, "Understated!"

I love Gary's looks, especially the dress, Andrea's sparkly dress and the wedding pants set.  

I thought there were a few that could have left.  Send them home now before I become attached.  😉

• Love 2

I was on the fence about watching this season because season one was so forgettable and bad IMO. But I just watched this episode and it’s not too bad fo far. 
I think the designers this time are at least doing their own sewing. They sent the right person home. And Olivia can go anytime, I didn’t mind her looks but she’s annoying and trying too hard to be rad cool chick.

I like Gary and glad he won. I like both Andrea’s but I guess I’m the only one who didn’t like the wedding pants, they looked like Big Foot white hairy legs from a distance, but I loved the top. 
I hated the music at the runway show too, too loud, I could barely hear the judges critique. I’m so glad Naomi Campbell is gone. Heidi still has questionable taste in her outfits, tie dyed with a black leather bustier? 

They've re-tooled the show a bit, but needed to do more. ...I will still watch, of course!  

As has been said, this series is now less about fashion and more about the Amazon brand (Make That Money) and also dumbing down the episodes to loud music and meaningless sound bites. At least Heidi has quenched that insufferable thirst of last season.

I want to hear Tim give the designers lots of advice.

And I think Gary is the only designer with notable skills. He clearly was extremely nervous in front of the cameras, and also he is desperate to save his career and brand. It's hard to recover when one has had significant success (CFDA!) and then suffers setbacks. It's as if he feels this is his last chance to continue working as a profitable designer.

As I watched Jeremy Scott, whom I know is very successful, his look and his affect just shouted "Look at me."

• Love 3
On 7/21/2021 at 8:06 PM, Leeds said:

Thank goodness I’m not the only one!  Between his nastiness on Under the Gunn and how truly awful he was to Swapnil on Project Runway, I think he’s honestly just a pretentious, elitist prick.  When he pulls out the quivering chin/choked up Uncle Tim persona, I just want to reach through my TV and smack him upside the head.  He’s a massive phony.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I only just found out there was a season 2 by accident, I hardly every look at Prime Video. So far it feels exactly like season1, especially the judging. I hate that whole "did you change your mind?' crap.

I really dislike Olivia.

Edited by GaT
  • Love 4

I must be the only one who thinks Heidi's face looks really different.  However, I did know it was her when she came out in her pink/white henley t-shirt under a strapless shiny black dress...

Like others have mentioned, too much loud and unnecessary music.  I really felt that most of the looks/designers should NOT have made the cut (and like others, I really get tired of the "did you change your mind?" conversations which seemed to take up more time than the runway).

I loved the set design of all of the chandeliers.  Beautiful.  They far outshone the clothes.

• Love 3
On 7/16/2021 at 7:49 PM, Gracie123 said:

What is with the garbage bag fitting clothes?  Is this a trend?  Should I start buying 3 sizes up?

I am not seeing any design, just really bad draping.  I wish Project Runway was available in Canada because this is stupid.  I watched Season 1 and was disappointed that "All I Make Is Black" chick won.  Also, Moschino?  Don't be critiquing anyone's design when you are dressed like a fucking clown.

I agree.  I was "meh" on the show last year, in part because of the gimmicks, and I think those gimmicks included the winner.  

One of the cool things about fashion is that your design should be able to speak for itself.  When someone says something like "you have to TELL me what your clothes are about" it sounds ridiculous and like emperors new clothes "don't bother to have a visceral response, let me explain to you why you like my clothes even if you don't like how they look"

The idea that they want some cookie cutter, interview ready, corporate fashion designer is silly to me.  Some of the greatest designers of the 80s and 90s were diva personalities.  This is what made them intriguing.  They were quirky, interesting, difficult personalities with genius level creativity and talent.  They weren't judged on oratory.  

I'm already bored with Winnie and the other guy who is trying too hard to be Michael Kors.  I love me some diva Naomi Campbell.  

Also, the judging is ridiculously tortured.  You don't need to tell everyone "congratulations! you are making the cut"  save that for the person who won.  And "did you change your mind?"  "Did YOU change your mind"  judging takes longer than it has to with all this filler.  

The only  interesting designers are Gary and Andrea S (the bridal designer).  Everyone else is just a caricature of past project runway contestants.  I really, really liked what Gary put down the runway, I think his process is incredibly interesting, I love his story.  If I get bored and check out the rest of this season I'd put money on him to win it......if he isn't run ragged in the process.  

I'm bored with Winnie but "sad clown from the 80s" was hilariously accurate.  

• Love 2
On 7/18/2021 at 4:38 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

WHERE IS NAOMI?

200 (1).gif

Here you are asking the REAL questions.  

They should have had you interview the designers.

I love me some diva Naomi.  

You're also right about the critiques.  Nichole Richie and Naomi Campbell looked about ready to go at each others throats, which is great reality TV, so I don't know why they got rid of them.  But both gave critiques that were about the actual designs, as well as they guy they had on the show.  

Although, I think "80s sad clown" is hilarious

• Love 3
On 7/16/2021 at 8:32 PM, akg said:

First, I'd say avoid looking at the Amazon pages if you don't want to be spoiled on future episodes, as there are usually links to the other winners' looks on each page.  That said, I clicked and was pleasantly surprised with the Amazon version of Gary's dress.  It looks pretty good.  And I was also really happy that they showed it on two models - thin and curvy.  However, I was shocked to see in the description that the curvy model was wearing a XXL.  She's probably a size 16!  So the sizing is incredibly small.

I'm in the minority and actually like Olivia.  I don't really know why, but I think part of it is that she's so unlike all the other designers.  She's short, "normal" sized, not really fashionable herself, and talks trash about everyone else, but in a strangely relatable way.  I don't know.  It's just episode 1, I may hate her at the end of Ep. 2.   I don't like her fashions, though.  I just don't get "streetwear" as a design concept.   It will be interesting to see what she makes when her brand doesn't fit the project description.  I like bridal design Andrea.  I loved Lucie's red flowy thing on the mannequin, but not so much on the model. 

OK, I don't understand the "bubble" they're supposedly in.  They certainly made it look like all the contestants pretty much got off a plane from home and arrived that first day.  So, no quarantine period.  How can that be a bubble?  I don't need them to dwell on it, but taking 20 seconds to say something like, "All contestants arrived in LA 10 days ago and have been separately quarantined, so this is their first time meeting each other.  Their outfits had to be completed before traveling to LA."  Any insight on this?  (I'm always afraid to google stuff like this, because so many articles talk about the winner and I don't want to be spoiled.)

On 7/16/2021 at 10:28 PM, ArtFossil said:

As an artist I’m sympathetic to the difficulty Gary has talking about his work. AND this is a challenge he should have resolved long ago. Artists need to be able to help the viewer see their work. They need to be able to articulate a path that helps the viewer enter into their vision. (This is grad school 101 stuff.)

He also needs to change his serial killer look.  Dear God, update those horrid glasses.  The thick nose bridge looks like masking tape.  And his TEETH.  I know dentistry is expensive, but he could at least use whitening strip.  I bet he has dandruff too.  

Maybe he just triggers me.  He is every nerd guy I dated in the 1980s.